π•π•–π•Ÿπ•¦π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕂π•ͺ𝕠𝕀𝕙�...

By angelicMichiko

Venus runs away from her drug-addicted mother and joins an elite team of female warriors. Kyoshi Island is vi... More

Information on VenusοΏΌ
Backstory
Chapter 1- The Avatar Is on Kyoshi Island
Chapter 2- The Crazy King
Chapter 3- Imprisonment
Chapter 4- The Waterbending Scroll
Chapter 5- Jet
Chapter 6- The Fortune Teller
Chapter 7- Bato of the Water Tribe
Chapter 8- The Deserter
Chapter 9- The North Pole
Chapter 10- Water Tribe Sleepover
Chapter 11- The Meeting
Chapter 12- Hey, Neymar?
Chapter 13- The Siege of the North: Part 1
Chapter 14- Personal Bodyguard
Chapter 15- The Siege of the North: Part 2
Chapter 16- The Avatar State
Chapter 17- Delicate Flower
Chapter 18- The Cave of Two Lover
Chapter 19- Return to Omashu
Chapter 20- The Swamp
Chapter 21- Avatar Day
Chapter 23- The Chase
Chapter 24- Bitter Work
Chapter 25- The Library
Chapter 26- The Desert
Chapter 27- The Serpent's Pass
Chapter 28- Hope
Chapter 29- The Drill
Chapter 30- City of Walls and Secrets
Chapter 31-The Tales of Venus and Sokka
Chapter 32- My Ex Is Back
Chapter 33- The Earth King
Chapter 34-Daddy Hakoda
Chapter 35- The Crossroads of Destiny
Chapter 36- The Awakening
Chapter 37- The Headband
Chapter 38- Sokka's Master
Chapter 39- Metal Man and Interruptions
Chapter 40- The Runaway
Chapter 41- Water Tribe Stories
Chapter 42- The Puppetmaster
Chapter 43- Wet Dreams
Chapter 44- Nightmares and Daydreams
Chapter 45- Before the Invasion
Chapter 46-The Day of Black Sun, Part 1: The Invasion
Chapter 47- The Day of Black Sun, Part 2: The Eclipse
Chapter 48- Venus Alone
Chapter 49- The Boiling Rock, Part 1
Chapter 50- The Boiling Rock, Part 2
Chapter 51- Family Ties
Chapter 52- Don't Go Into the Tent
Chapter 53- Wait, Is this Fucking Play About Us?
Chapter 54- Quickie
Chapter 55- Melonlord
Chapter 56- Old People Camp
Chapter 57- Into the Deep End
Chapter 58- Spirit World
Chapter 59- Happy Ending

Chapter 22- The Blind Bandit

581 21 44
By angelicMichiko

My friends and I are standing inside a shop. We were gathered around a green bag. Sokka was looking at the bag while pondering. Katara and Momo on her shoulder look at him. Aang sits down, looking the other way and wearing his conical hat.

"It's pricey... but I really do like it."

"Then you should get it," Katara genuinely says. "You deserve something nice."

"I do, don't I?" Katara looks at Sokka with a bored expression. "But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't."

"All right, then don't."

Katara walks away in boredom. Aang gets up and follows her. Sokka pauses for a moment and goes along, too, his eyes still on the bag.

I look at him and he looks at me. "You're gonna get the bag, aren't you?"

"I'm gonna get it." He smiles in a pleased way.

We walked up to the shopkeeper. "Wait!" Sokka shrieked.

"What?!"

"Your nose ring cuff. I said I'd buy one for you."

I grab the skin of where my nose piercing used to be. "Oh, yeah."

Sokka grabs my arm as we begin searching around in the shop.

"So....are we good?" Sokka hesitatingly asks.

I blink numerous of times. "Uh..yeah. Why wouldn't we be?"

"Oh..." he trails off a bit. "You know...back on Kyoshi Island.."

My lips shaped into an O, but nothing came out.

I twitched a smile remembering the panic attack I had against the tree. "Yeah. W-we're good. We're always good."

Sokka's lips curved into a smile. "Cool."

We eventually found a nose cuff and paid for it, along with Sokka's bag.

When Sokka and I made our way to Katara, she had told us someone had came by with a flyer about an earthbending class, so Aang was there right now to see if he could search for a master.

We all sat outside of the school. Sokka had his head on my shoulder as he had fallen fast asleep. The class was taking a while.

"Hey, Venus?" Katara nervously asks.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?" The water tribe girl nervously bites her lip.

I turn my attention to her, trying not to move Sokka's head off my shoulder. "Yeah, anything."

Katara clasped her hands together. "Uh...what does it mean when you..." She leaned closer to me, whispering in my ear. "When you bleed out your vagina?"

My eyebrows perked up. Did she just get her first period? Has her grandmother not had this conversation with her before?

I cleared my throat. "Well Katara..." I think for a moment trying to break it down into simpler terms. "it means that when girls get to a certain age, they begin to develop, you know...like your breasts maybe getting bigger or you might grow a few inches. And bleed out our vagina, to let our uterus know that we can produce a child. So every month or so, we bleed out from there." I can't believe I'm having this talk with Sokka sleeping on my shoulder and in front of an earthbending school. "Did..did you get your period?"

Katara shakes her head. "No, I just heard a bunch of girls pass by talking about it."

I nod my head as well. "If you do bleed out your vagina, let me know. I'll help you out."

"Thanks, Venus."

Aang then walks out of the academy with the other students. "Ehhh, he's not the one." He beats his right ear, causing sand to fall out of his left ear.

Two boys leave the Earthbending Academy. "I think The Boulder's going to win back the belt at Earth Rumble 6."

Sokka had suddenly woken up from the two boys talking.

"He's going to have to fight his way through the best earthbenders in the world to get a shot at the champ."

Aang overhears their conversation and runs after them. "Excuse me, but where is this earthbending tournament, exactly?"

"It's on the island of Noneya...Noneya business!"

My mouth had dropped. How rude!

The students laugh and walk away as Aang looks on disappointed. Sokka walks up to Aang laughing while Katara glares at the boys.

Sokka laughs and wipes tears of laughter away. "Oh, I got to remember that one!"

I turned my head over to Katara. "You or me?"

She mischievously smiled. "I'll take care of this."

"Hey, strong guys! Wait up!" Katara runs after the two boys who turned around a corner.

Sokka disgustingly looks at his bag, holding it out. "What was I thinking? I don't need a new bag!" He angrily turns to me. "Why did you let me buy this?"

He puts the bag down and crosses his arms in front of his chest. Momo hops off his shoulder, into the bag.

I pick up the bag from off the floor and carry the bag myself.

Katara comes running back. "You ready to find an earthbending teacher? Because we're going to Earth Rumble 6!"

"How'd you get them to tell you?" Aang asks, surprised.

"Oh," Katara shrugs as she smiles. "A girl has her ways."

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

At nightfall, we had entered a tunnel underground. A large rectangular arena is located in the middle. The arena has stairs running down to a lower, oval shaped area. Seats for the spectators start at the same level as the arena. We walk into an empty row of seats.

"Hey," Aang cheers, "front row seats! I wonder why no one else is sitting here."

We sit down, but quickly jump back up as a huge rock smashes into the seats next to us.

"I guess that's why."

We proceed to take our seats anyways as we wait for the match to start.

I pull out my nose cuff and place it in the palm of Sokka's hand. "Hey, Sokka, can you put this in my pierced hole for me?"

Sokka faced his body towards me. "You want me to stick this piercing up your nasal nostrils?"

My eyes scanned his left and right. "Correct."

"Okay," the boy shrugged. He leaned in closer to my face as he pulled the piercing up to my nose.

I wiggled my nose, it felt as if I were going to sneeze.

"Venus, please." Sokka says grabbing my nose cartilage. "Stay still."

Sokka's two fingers went inside my nostrils, trying to find the hole.

"Sokka!" I laugh as it tickled. "It's not in my nostrils, it at the end of my nose."

I took Sokka's wrist and guided his finger out of my nose and to where my piercing hole is.

Katara, who was sitting to the opposite side of me, peered her head over Aang to look at Sokka and I. "Sokka, why is your fingers up Venus's nose?"

As Sokka scolded his sister, his fingers yanked my cartilage. "I'm helping Venus with her nose piercing, relax."

"Ow, ow, ow!"

Sokka turned his attention to me. "Sorry." After a few minutes, Sokka successfully hooped the piercing through my nose.

"All done."

I scooted a little closer to Sokka as I lay my head on his shoulder. "Thanks."

Hesitantly, Sokka wrapped an arm around my shoulder, bringing us closer than possible. "Of course."

In the center of the ring, the event's host raises an earthen platform. He brings it back to the level of the rest of the arena.

The host raises his left arm. "Welcome to Earth Rumble 6! I am your host, Xin Fu!"

Katara sighs and looks the other way. "This is just going to be a bunch of guys chucking rocks at each other, isn't it?"

"That's what I paid for." Sokka grins happily.

"The rules are simple. Just knock the other guy out of the ring, and you win!" Xin Fu leaps up to a podium above the ring.

A bell rings. "Round one: The Boulder vs. The Big Bad Hippo!" While Xin Fu speaks, The Boulder raises his arms and turns around to the cheering of the audience. The Hippo roars.

The Boulder points at The Hippo. "Listen up, Hippo. You may be big, but you ain't bad!" He grins insanely. "The Boulder's gonna win this in a landslide!"

"Hippo....mad!"

The Hippo raises his arms in anger and stomps one foot. The Boulder fires three rocks. They crash into The Hippo, but he does not move. He catches one piece of rock with his mouth, chews on it and spits it out.

The Hippo jumps up and down, causing the surface of the arena to tilt. The Boulder hereby loses his balance.

The Boulder reaches the edge, but saves himself by bending out part of the ring into a small platform. He grabs it and throws it at his opponent, hitting him on the back.

As The Hippo turns around to look at him, The Boulder bends up The Hippo's part of the ring, and throws him out on it. The Hippo crashes in the lower area of around the arena. The fight ends thus in his favor.

"The Boulder wins!" Xin Fu shouts as the crowd goes wild.

Sokka's hand grips my thigh as he squeezes it tight. "Wooo hoo! Venus, did you see that!"

I hiss in pain and slap his hand away from my thigh. "Sokka, please you're hurting me."

"Oh, sorry. Are you okay?" He asks concerned.

I use my hand and caress my thigh as they still burned from the cuts I had made. "Peaches and rainbows."

"Next match." Xin Fu announces after a couple of minutes. "Boulder versus-" A man is happily waving a Fire Nation flag. "Fire Nation Man!"

The crowd boos at the Fire Nation Man who is making his way over to the arena, still waving his flag, on a makeshift earthen bridge, which crumbles away behind him.

Sokka loudly boos at the fighter as well, while giving him a thumbs down.

Sokka lightly smacked my shoulder as he noticed I wasn't booing.

I rolled my eyes and stood up beside him as we booed the Fire nation man together.

"Please, do rise for Fire Nation national anthem!" He put his left hand over his heart; begins to sing. "Fire Lord, my flame burns," he drops to his right knee and stretches out his left arm. "for thee!"

The crowd boos at him again while bombarding him with pieces of rock, much to his surprise.

Sokka had picked up a stone from the ground. He had his stone cocked back in his hand, ready to throw.

"Go back to Fire nation!" The water tribe boy yelled throwing his rock.

The Fire Nation Man, who is hit against the head by Sokka's rock, starts to become angry, though the emotion quickly changes to wonder and he is sunk chest-deep into the ground; he drops his flag in the process.

Over his shoulder to reveal The Boulder as the culprit, who subsequently raises himself high into the air on an earth pillar.

"No, no, please!" The Fire nation man screams. The Boulder grins broadly. He leaps in the air, his face serious.

The Boulder is plummeting straight down, his feet held back behind his back as to direct his knees to the ground, he slams the surface of the ring, by which he creates a pillar under Fire Nation Man that catapults him out of the ground.

The Fire Nation Man as he sails screaming through the air. He smacks upside down and face first against the large boulder that was embedded into the stand next to my friends and I.

Sokka gets up and waves both hands in the air in celebration of the Fire Nation Man's defeat, while shouting in the fighter's direction. "Yeah! Wooo!" He points at Fire Nation Man. "The Boulder knows how to put the hurt in the dirt!"

After a while, I was beginning to grow tired of the fight, we were here for almost three hours. I had laid my head on Sokka's shoulder for those three hours.

From excitement, Sokka had stood up and pushed me to the ground. Jolting me awake.

"Oh, no Venus!" He picked me up from my waist and sat me on his lap. "Are you okay, I'm sorry."

"Now I am," I said wrapping my arm around my waist, where Sokka had his.

"Oh," the boy said. "Good." He placed his chin on my shoulder, so he could still continue to watch the fight as I blocked his view.

After a while the lights slowly dimmed to put Xin Fu in the spotlight. "Now the moment you've all been waiting for. The Boulder versus-" A person with black hair mostly obscured by a green prize belt. "Your champion... the Blind Bandit!"

As Xin Fu was speaking, the girl raises her championship belt above her head, under loud cheering of the crowd.

The girl was a short child, barely reaching to the waists of the female assistants standing next to her. As the spotlight dies down, the girl offers her championship belt to the assistant on her right, while the other one removes her cape, and they both walk off.

"She can't really be blind." Katara turn her head and squints her eyes skeptically. "It's just part of her character, right?"

"I think she is." Aang answers.

"I think she is-" Sokka's grip on my waist tightens as he yells extremely loud. "Going down!"

The Boulder confidently puts his foot in the middle of the arena, cracking the floor in the process and throwing up some dust. "The Boulder feels conflicted about fighting a young blind girl."

The girl points at The Boulder. Mockingly. "Sounds to me like you're scared, Boulder!"

After a pause the Boulder looks stunned. "The Boulder's over his conflicted feelings," he narrows his eyes. "and now he's ready to bury you in a rock-alanche!"

"Whenever you're ready, The Pebble!" The girl throws her head back and laughs.

"That laugh is pure evil." I shiver.

"Really, Venus?" Sokka says. "She's a child. No younger than Aang."

With a foot shrike to the ground from the blind bandit. The Boulder whose foot meets the shock wave just as he puts his foot on the ground. The shock wave makes him drop down onto the ground in a perfect split.

The Boulder screams in agony. "Oooooh!"

the Bandit who makes a chopping motion with her right hand. Three stalagmites erupt from the ground near The Boulder and eject him from the ring. He slams into the wall beneath the stands and slides down into the crevice between the arena and the stands.

"Your winner, and still the champion the Blind Bandit!" Xin Fu announces as the girl raises her right fist in victory.

"How did she do that?" Katara asks as her movements were so quick and precise.

"She waited..." the young avatar said with sparkles in his eyes. "And listened."

Xin Fu jumps down and lands next to Toph on the arena floor. He holds a green bag in his left hand. "To make things a little more interesting, I'm offering up this sack of gold pieces to anyone who can defeat," He motions toward the champion. "the Blind Bandit!" Silence was heard in the arena. "What? No one dares to face her?"

"I will!"

I turn my head to the right of me to see that Aang had disappeared and was now walking towards the center of the arena.

"Katara, go get your boyfriend!"

"I-" she looks into the arena and back at me. "He's not my boyfriend!"

"Go, Aang," Sokka cheers. "Avenge the Boulder!"

"Do people really want to see two little girls fighting out here?" The champion teased.

Aang puts his hands up in a conciliatory gesture. "I don't really want to fight you. I want to talk to you."

"Boo! No talking!"

I unwrapped Sokka's hands that were still wrapped around my waist. "Don't boo at him!"

Sokka quickly apologizes as he wraps his arm around my waist again and nuzzles his face in my back.

What a dweeb.

Aang uses his airbending, drifting above the floor of the ring to evade the blind bandit. Aang speaks to her but she immediately throws a large rock at him; he deflects it with a blast of airbending, but in the process, he pushes her off the ring, therefore winning the match.

The arena was silent, until they bursted in cheers.

Sokka clutched my waist as he stood up, carrying us both to the arena as Katara follows.

Sokka let's go of me as he hugs Xin Fu and takes the money and the belt.

Sokka puts his arm around Aang's shoulder. "Way to go, champ!"

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

The next morning, we are all walking around town.

"I've got to admit," Sokka says happily, "now I'm really glad I bought this bag. It matches the belt, perfectly."

"That is a big relief." Katara sarcastically said.

"What do you think, Venus. How do I look?"

I genuinely smiled at the boy and told him the truth. "I think you look great."

Sokka rose his eyebrow in amusement. "Thanks."

Aang coughed. "If we want to find the Blind Bandit, the Earthbending Academy is a great place to start."

When we entered the school, the same two male students from yesterday were practicing.

One of them looks up as we enter. "Oh, great." He scuffs. "You again."

Katara glares at them, causing them to flinch back. "Yeah, I didn't think so."

"Nicely done." Sokka smugly says.

"Hey!" One of them says pointing to Aang. "You're that kid who beat the Blind Bandit."

"We need to talk to her. Do you guys know where she lives?"

"The Blind Bandit's a mystery." The boy raises his fist dramatically. "She shows up to fight, then disappears."

Katara lays a hand on Aang's shoulder. "Let me handle this." She approaches the second student with a stern look. "You're not telling us everything!"

He holds his hand up defensively. "No, no, I-I swear it's true. No one knows where she goes, or who she really is."

"That's because we're asking about the wrong person." Aang slightly murmurs. "In my vision, I saw a girl, in a white dress, with a pet flying boar. Know anybody like that?"

"Well, a flying boar is the symbol of the Beifong family. They're the richest people in town. Probably the whole world."

"Yeah, but they don't have a daughter." The other boy chimes in.

"A flying boar is good enough for me. Let's check it out." Aang says running out the school.

I heard the boys murmur a few words, but I didn't quite catch it.

"Hey," Katara turns to the pair. "I've got my eye on you."

"Water tribe," Sokka salutes cooly before exiting.

I smile at him and grab his arm as we walk to the Beifong family house.

We make it to a walled country estate with a lovely garden and many ponds.

We hide behind the walls as the gate tilts up to reveal a crest with a flying boar emblazoned upon it.

"That's the flying boar from my vision. Come on!"

We enter the courtyard. Suddenly, part of the ground lifts up, launching us into the air.

We yell as we fall and land unceremoniously; Aang and Katara land in some rose bushes, but Sokka slams painfully onto the solid ground as I fall on top of him.

"Venus!" The water tribe boy wheezed out.

I quickly removed myself from off of him. "Oh, no, Sokka are you okay?" I helped him up as he weighed his entire body on my side.

"What are you doing here, Twinkle Toes?!" The girl from yesterday had appeared behind Aang.

"How'd you know it was me?" The young monk asked.

"Don't answer to twinkle toes. It's not manly." Sokka says.

"You're the one whose bag matches his belt." I smirked.

Sokka turned to me with sadness in his eyes. "B-but, Venus. You said I looked good."

My bottom lip immediately pouted. "Sokka, you know I'm just messing with you."

The blind bandit had turned at us in disgust. "Talk about relationship problems."

I quickly pushed Sokka off of me as he fell on the ground. "We aren't-"

"I don't care." The girl replied. "How did you guys find me?"

"Well," Aang begins to rant, "a crazy king told me I had to find an earthbender who listens to the earth. And then I had a vision in a magic swamp," the girl raises her eye in disbelief. "and -"

Katara cuts off Aang. "What Aang is trying to say is he's the Avatar, and if he doesn't master earthbending soon, he won't be able to defeat the Fire Lord."

The child shoved her hand in Katara's face. "Not my problem. Now get out of here or I'll call the guards."

"Look, we all have to do our part to win this war.
And yours is to teach Aang earthbending." Sokka pleaded.

The girl turned around as she began to cry. "Guards! Guards! Help!"

My friends and I quickly scrambled off the Beifong estate.

Aang michevisouly watched the guards take the girl in. He turned to us having an idea.

Soon we were being escorted into the Beifong estate. We were sitting down with the girl, her parents and her earth bending teacher as we had dinner.

The table was full of soup, tea, roast duck, deserts and many more. Aang sits across from the girl that we now know is Toph because her father had said her name. Katara sat next to Aang as I sat next to her, while Sokka sat next to me.

Immediately, Sokka began to dig into the food that was displayed in front of him.

Aang and Katara were having a conversation with Toph and her parents, but Sokka and I were in our own little worlds like usual.

"Venus, can I have some of that?" Sokka asked eyeing my plate.

I raised an eyebrow at him, but picked up the duck on my plate and handed it to him, instead of taking the duck, Sokka opened his mouth wide.

I chuckled at the sight of him. "You want me to feed you, like a baby?"

The boy quickly shook his head. I placed the duck in his mouth as he happily chewed.

Once he was finished, with his chopsticks, Sokka picked up some rice, directing it towards my mouth. I opened up for him as I smiled at him. He smiled back.

Katara turned her attention to us. "Aw, don't you two make such a cute couple?" She lightly teased.

"Katara, why don't you mind your business!" Sokka scrawled at his sister.

Suddenly, Aang slammed his face into his bowl, gaining everyone's attention.

Aang rubs some soup out of his eyes and sneeze, sending the food flying at the Beifong family.

"What's your problem?" Toph yelled slamming her hands on the table.

"What's your problem?" Aang yelled back.

Lao and Poppy wipe their faces with napkins. "Well, shall we move to the living room for dessert, then?"

Later that night, we were all given a guest room to share.

Appa is outside the window and Aang is patting Appa. "Good night buddy."

Toph enters the room, causing Aang to move into a defensive position.

"Relax. Look, I'm sorry about dinner. Let's call a truce, okay?" Aang lets down his defensive position and the two head out to the yard.

Katara had made her way over to me as she wanted to braid my hair. I sat down on the floor as she was seated on top of the bed. "Your hairs getting pretty long."

"Is it?" I question as she combs her fingers through my hair.

Sokka crawls over to me on the ground and rest his head on my thighs.

Spirits, Yue. Why is this man always touching my thighs. Some of my cuts still haven't healed and it was killing me.

The pain started to die down the longer Sokka's head rested on my lap. I think I might have went numb.

My hand rested on Sokka's cheek, caressing it as his eyes shut and drifted off to sleep.

"You guys are cute." Katara says finishing a braid on my left side of my head.

I turn to look at her. "Are we?"

"Oh my goodness yes. Sometimes I think you two are secretly dating and not telling Aang and I."

I bit the inside of my cheek trying not to smile. "Does...does Sokka like me?"

Katara lets out a chuckle. "Venus, are you kidding? Is it not obvious to you? This boy is obsessed with you!"

I grinned happily as I heard the words come out of Katara's mouth.

Suddenly, we heard noises outside the courtyard. Katara ran outside as I jolted Sokka awake as we followed her.

We all rushed outside with Toph's parents. We spot a note attached to a dagger, which Sokka takes.

"Whoever took Aang and Toph left this." Sokka hands the note to Katara.

"If you want to see your daughter again, bring five hundred gold pieces to the arena. It's signed Xin Fu and The Boulder."

"I can't believe it." Sokka grabs the note much to Katara's surprise and runs off a few feet. Sokka dramatically sinks to his knees and holds the scroll above his head. "I have The Boulder's autograph!"

Poppy wipes the tears out of her eyes and leave her husband's embrace. "Poor Toph, she must be so scared ..."

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

We went with master Yu, to go retrieve Aang and Toph at the arena. The kid were hanging above the arena, trapped in metal cages.

"Toph!" Her father shouts.

"Here's your money." Sokka sets the bag of gold on the ground. "Now, let them go."

Yu earthbends the money across the ring to Xin Fu. He grabs the money, signals for Toph to be sent down, and releases her. Toph goes to Lao. They exit the arena.

"What about Aang?" Katara asks.

Xin Fu shows us the Fire Nation wanted poster of Aang. "I think the Fire Nation will pay a hefty price for the Avatar. Now, get out of my ring."

Fire Nation Man appears in an earth tornado. The Gecko jumps down from the ceiling. The Hippo stomps on the ground and crushes a boulder. Headhunter jumps onto the ring from the bleachers. The Gopher pops up from underground.

"Go. I'll be okay." Aang says.

We did as Aang said, and ran down the platform steps. We found Toph walking out of the
arena.

"Toph, there's too many of them. We need an earthbender." Katara called out. "We need you!"

"My daughter is blind. She is blind and tiny and helpless and fragile. She cannot help you!"

Toph ripped her hand out of her father's grasp. "Yes, I can."

The four of us walk back to the arena.

Xin Fu's wrestlers prepare to leave with The Boulder holding Aang's cage on his shoulder.

Toph bends up a small part of the ring to stop them from leaving. "Let him go! I beat you all before and I'll do it again!"

"The Boulder takes issue with that comment."

The Hippo throws the cage to the side. Katara, Sokka and I prepare to strike, but Toph stops us.

"Wait," she says. "They're mine."

The Water Tribe siblings and I watch in surprise. Toph shakes the ring up, shooting back the oncoming wrestlers. Toph creates a large cloud of dust, walks in.

Katara, Sokka and I try to release Aang. Sokka repeatedly bangs a rock against the cage.

"Hit it harder!" Aang shouts.

"I'm trying!" Sokka cries out loud.

Sokka finally breaks the cage open, releasing Aang, who prepares to fight. Sokka shakes his head and calls his attention to the battle already going on.

Toph had defeated all her opponents.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

We had returned back to the Beifong estate. Toph stood in front of her parents as my friends and I were seated behind her.

"Dad, I know it's probably hard for you to see me this way. But the obedient little helpless blind girl that you think I am just isn't me. I love fighting. I love being an earthbender, and I'm really, really good at it. I know I've kept my life secret from you, but you were keeping me secret from the whole world. You were doing it to protect me, but I'm twelve years old and I've never had a real friend. So, now that you see who I really am, I hope it doesn't change the way you feel about me."

I laid my head on Sokka's shoulder and wrapped my arms around his arm. He looked down at me and rested his head on mine.

"Of course it doesn't change the way I feel about you, Toph. It's made me realize something." Lao says.

"It has?" Toph gasps.

"Yes. I've let you had far too much freedom. From now on you'll be cared for and guarded twenty-four hours a day."

"But dad!" Toph growls.

"We're doing this for your own good, Toph." Poppy adds.

"Please escort the Avatar and his friends out." Lao says to the guards. "They are no longer welcome here."

We all stood up being escorted by the guards.

"I'm sorry, Toph." I heard Aang whisper.

"I'm sorry too." Her tone sounded shaky. "Goodbye, Aang."

Once we were outside, we spotted Appa. I ran to the bison jumping onto his fur. "Aw, you must have been so cold outside."

He groaned in response.

Sokka run up and pulled me off of Appa as he helped me onto the saddle.

Once we were settled in, Sokka grabbed a wipe and began polishing the championship belt.

Katara jumps up onto the saddle and Aang takes the reins. Suddenly, we notice Toph running toward us, panting.

"Toph! What are you doing here?"

"My dad changed his mind. He said I was free to travel the world." She replies. Sokka and I look at each other with unsure looks, but smile at Toph.

"Well, we'd better get out of here, before your dad changes his mind again." Sokka jokes.

"Good idea."

"You're going to be a great teacher, Toph."

"Speaking of which, I want to show you something."

"Okay." Aang jumps down from Appa and Toph bends up a rock, sending him into the air and landing in a tree.

"Now we're even." Her head motions to Sokka. "Um, I'll take the belt back."

Sokka sighs taking of the belt and tossing it down, hitting Toph on the head, knocking her out.

"Ow!"

"Sorry." Sokka murmurs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.2K 34
β”ŠΝ™βœ§Λ–*°࿐ IN WHICH a fire nation princess joins a group of young teenagers and makes allies, enemies and memories within their journey towards ending t...
188K 4.2K 14
A boy raised on the run with his mother, away from the Fire Nation. His father, a Fire bender who is head of a clan of killers, and his mother, a for...
3K 113 13
It has been 10 years since Azula had lost everything. Her title, her honor, and even her dignity. She now works as a prostitute in the lower rings of...
4.4K 242 13
ΰ³ƒβ€βž· ┃ πŠπˆππ†πƒπŽπŒ π‚πŽπŒπ„ - zuko 彑 ❝ You are filled with hatred, how was i so blind? ❞ ❝ I promise I changed. You know i did. ❞ β•°β”ˆβž€...