right where you left me

By sydsofia13

After experiencing the heartbreak of a lifetime, Tippah Jones decides to leave Lyon, and move to Arsenal, in... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Burn in my Throat
Chapter 3 - Nothing At All
Chapter 4 - Falling
Chapter 5 - Peace
Chapter 6 - Lighthouse
Chapter 7 - Connections
Chapter 8 - Bringing Her Down
Chapter 9 - Lighting Her Up
Chapter 10 - Liquid Courage
Chapter 11 - Horrors, Hurts and Harms
Chapter 12 - Real Smooth
Chapter 13 - No More Lies
Chapter 14 - Honour
Chapter 15 - Pure Luck
Chapter 16 - His Leah
Chapter 17 - Too Real. Too Raw.
Chapter 18 - Official
Chapter 19 - Light Alcohol
Chapter 20 - Just Ellie
Chapter 21 - All This Time
Chapter 22 - Double Shit
Chapter 23 - Arsenal Family
Chapter 24 - Live in the High
Chapter 25 - My Now
Chapter 26 - Game of the Century
Chapter 27 - Counting for Something
Chapter 28 - Natural Interactions
Chapter 29 - Everything has Changed
Chapter 30 - Hating the World
Chapter 31 - Lies Hurt
Chapter 32 - Finding Answers
Chapter 33 - Would've, Could've, Should've
Chapter 34 - Naivity
Chapter 35 - Villain
Chapter 36 - End of a Decade
Chapter 37 - Back To December
Chapter 38 - Growing Sideways
Chapter 39 - Start of the Apocalypse
Chapter 40 - Come Back
Chapter 41 - Be Here
Chapter 42 - Long Time Coming
Chapter 43 - Start of the End
Chapter 44 - Castles Crumbling
Chapter 45 - Endure and Survive
Chapter 46 - Love and War (in your twenties)
Chapter 47 - Summertime Sadness
Chapter 48 - Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 49 - Anatomy
Chapter 50 - Fireflies
Chapter 51 - Matilda(s)
Chapter 52 - Walking the Family Line
Chapter 53 - I Can't See You
Chapter 54 - 10,000 Miles
Chapter 55 - Truths
Chapter 56 - A Limited Vocabulary
Chapter 57 - Hurting, Praying, Harming
Chapter 58 - Nerve
Chapter 59 - I'm Home
Epilogue
Another Note From Me to You

Chapter 2 - Breaking the Lines

7.2K 166 25
By sydsofia13

"Tipp!" Caitlin screeched, as I got out of my newly bought car at London Colney. She came over to me, hugging me tight, as Lia Walti, stood behind her.

"Hello," I said, laughing to my Matildas team mate.

"Aren't you glad to see me?" she asked, sarcastically.

"Of course I am," I replied, nudging her slightly.

"Lia, this is Tipp."

"Tippah," I said to Lia, holding out my hand.

"Hey," she replied, shaking it and smiling, before walking inside the building.

"Now," Caitlin started to say, "what the fuck happened." I knew this conversation was going to have to happen, I just wanted it to be a little later on in the day, or, even better, never.

Just as I was about to speak, a person came up behind me, trapping my arms.

"TIPPY!" Steph squealed.

"Stefy!" I replied, turning around and hugging my vice captain.

"Wow, you've grown," she joked.

"Hardly," I replied. "It's been two months."

"Still," Steph said, smiling. We three walked inside, talking away as they caught me up on everything I needed to know before joining The Arsenal. I did remind them that I had in fact already signed, but they didn't care, and neither did I. I was glad to have two of my good friends showing me the ropes, and holding my hand throughout this entire experience. I needed that.

As we sat in the common area, I was introduced to many different people, from different corners of the earth, but I was also reunited with those I hadn't seen in ages.

"DUDE!" I said, as I saw my ex-teammate walk through the door.

"Hello Tippsy," Tobin said, coming over to me, and giving me a small hug.

"Been a long time," I said, as Tobin said beside me on the couch. She had joined Arsenal at the start of the season, something that I had forgotten about.

"Yeah, it has."

"How's Christen?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's good. How's Ellie?" Tobin said. I was about to speak; open my mouth and tell her, but I was thankfully interrupted.

"Hello," a London voice said to me. I knew who it was. That voice had been playing over and over again in my head. I looked up, seeing Leah stand in front of me.

"Hey," I said to her.

"Nice number," she said, pointing to my new Arsenal shorts that had the number 18 printed on them. I chuckled at her, before she walked off, leaving Tobin and I talking.

"So..." Tobin said.

"What?" I asked, not remembering what we were talking about before.

"How's Ellie?" she asked.

"Oh... yeah she's good." Tobin smiled at me, before it was time for a team meeting.

As I walked into the meeting, I was guided into a row by Steph and Caitlin, we chatted together, and before I knew it, she was beside me too. She had come and sat beside me.

"What are you going to sing?" Leah asked, before Jonas started talking.

"Huh?"

"Initiation song?" Leah prompted. She sat with her legs in front of her, leaning back into her chair, and arms crossed. Her entire presence was captivating. I couldn't look away.

"Not happening," I laughed, my eyes still caught on hers.

"You have to," she said, smiling a cute grin that encapsulated me.

"Definitely not."

"You want to be in everyone's bad books?" Leah asked.

"I'm already in yours," I joked.

"Why do you think that?" she questioned, seriously. I looked at her, biting my lip slightly, not knowing what to say without making this weirder than it already was.

"Well-" I started to say, before Jonas finally started to speak.

Jonas welcomed me and Laura, as well as Rafaelle to the club. We were all a bit shy, scared about what was to come, but it was going to be okay. I knew that.

We got out onto the pitch soon after, and I started my first training with the club. I had never been in this experience before. I had never started at a new club with Ellie. She was with me throughout it all. This felt like a new experience, and one that did scare me.

But, everything worked out. I played, just as I normally did, and controlled the ball with precision and ease. I was strong on the ball, and always called it my best asset on the pitch. I had a way of finding space, and moving through players, ready to break the lines of my defenders.

After assisting Viv Miedema for a few goals, and passing to my wingers, of Beth Mead and Caitlin, it all seemed to be working. I was gelling with this team, and loving it all.

"Wow," Viv said to me, coming beside me. "Great passes."
"Thanks," I said, slightly proud of myself.

"Yeah, you caught the runs. Thanks. I like having a 10 like you." She walked off, and I smiled, both inside and out.

"Jesus Tipp," Caitlin said to me. "I knew you were good, but you really tried showing off today." I laughed, putting my head in my hands.

"Shut up," I joked, walking inside with Caitlin beside me.

We got inside the building, taking off our boots beside each other. She was 19, and I was 18, so I knew I would always have a friend beside me.

"Have you talked much to any of the English girls?" Caitlin asked me.

"Eh, not really," I said, trying to keep everything vague.

"Well, Beth!" Caitlin called, bringing Beth Mead over.

"Hey," I said to the winger.

"Great passes today," Beth replied, sitting beside Caitlin. As we spoke, the music in the changing room progressively was getting more and more 80s rock which was not something I enjoyed.

"Who's in charge of the music around here?" I asked them both.

"Leah!" Beth shouted.

"What?" Leah recalled.

"What is this music?" Beth asked.

"Why?"

"Us three do not approve," Beth replied.

"All three of you?" Leah asked, looking at me, with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Yes," I replied. "Could be better, not going to lie."

"Alright then," she answered, looking down at her phone and switching up the music. "Better?"

"Much," I said, before Leah walked back to her locker.

"Not normally does she change the music," Caitlin joked.

"Probably just wanted to make a good impression," I replied, trying to cover whatever just happened. I don't want people to know. I can't have people knowing. That wouldn't be good. For me or for her.

Once most of the girls had left training, to go back to their 'other' lives (I like to call them), I put my boots back on. I needed to feel the ball at my feet. It cleared my head, and my heart.

I wanted to practise my set pieces, something I pride myself on. Steph and I, for the Matildas, share the responsibilities for set pieces. When we need a left-footer, she'll take them, and when we need a right-footer I do. When it needs to be an inswinger, she will do it. If it needs to be an outswinger, normally I'll do it. We share the load, and it works. Our set pieces for the Matildas are one of our best assets, especially when we can get Sammy or Caitlin on the end.

As I was outside, kicking the ball around, I was joined by someone.

"Hey," she said to me, before I turned around. Beth stood in front of me, her hands in her pockets, as if she was nervous.

"Hi," I replied, smiling at my now teammate.

"We should talk," she then said.

"Everything alright?" I asked.

"That depends how you see it."I feared this conversation would come. Well, I knew it would. But, I didn't think it would be this early on.

note:

- hope y'all r likingggg... im kinda vibing with shorter chapters atm cause it means i dont spend three hours a night writing 4000 words lol

- also, just a fun little game, if u guys can work out why i am titling these chapters the way i am, ill think u r cool  ;)

- anyways, anything u want to see, lemme know <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 1.7K 20
i wanna lay it all down, it's getting heavy for me now → leah williamson x fem!oc → friends to lovers → 2022-2024 → awfc...
316K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
614K 16.6K 23
Lisa Williams is used to things turning South instead of North and it's why she always has a back-up plan. When she catches her three year boyfriend...
234K 4.2K 34
Stacy Taylor is an 18 year old promising midfielder playing for the Dutch club Ajax. But when her parents suddenly pass away, Stacy and her little s...