An Inconvenient Flame

By I_S_H_U

CAN AN ARRANGE MARRIAGE TURN INTO SOMETHING MORE? Abhiraj Singh Rajvansh, a 31-year-old, stoic, intimidatingl... More

Prologue
characters
CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Promo...
Chapter 4 (EDITED)
Chapter 5(EDITED)
Chapter 6 (EDITED)
Chapter 7(EDITED)
Chapter 8 (EDITED)
SNEAK PEAK
Chapter 10(EDITED)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
New!!!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Update!!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 9 (EDITED)

2.2K 157 20
By I_S_H_U

******************************
I look over my shoulder, my knees weakening seeing Abhiraj's face devoid of any emotions.

I am completely unaware of this man. Except for his name and that he runs a company, I don't have any single information about him.

It's scaring the hell out of me.

"Congratulations on your marriage Mrs. Rajvansh." He smiles humorasly, his gaze cold.

I look at him my heart beating in an abnormal rhythm.

My eyes filling up, my hope is breaking.

How will this work?

His behaviour is giving away everything and the malice in his eyes when I walked at the altar, showed how much dislike he carries for me.

This congratulation felt more like a taunt.

Was he forced?

How could I have thought even for a second that Abhiraj Singh Rajvansh would ever want to marry someone like me?

Mens like him are not for the girls like me.

Why didn't I consider the consequences of marrying him? I could have fought my family harder.

Breathe Ishika Breathe.

Stay calm. Don't let your overthinking destroy this day.  Everything will fall into place.

Things will turn out for your best.

And even if it doesn't, we'll survive, it'll not be the end. So stop jeopardizing your thoughts.

      _________________________

Luckily, I am taken to his room after performing all the post wedding rituals.

I am drained out.

Closing the door shut, I walk into the bedroom, faint light coming from the night bulb is brightening the space from its darkness. Curtains drawn, blocking the moonlight from reaching the room. White sheets spread on the bed hidden with  heaps of blankets neatly kept on  it. The walls are painted dark, theming with the curtains.

The dark and cold aura of this room is impenetrable making me stand rooted to the spot. The darkness is making my soul vulnerable.

I am feeling as if I'll break at any moment.

"Done?"

I turn around as an authoritative voice shatters my thoughts.

I blink in confusion as walk towards me.

"Are you done?" He repeats.

His voice hoarsly cold, making my stomach clench.

I lick my dry lips before answering, "I was just looking around."

Our last meeting is very hazy in my memory.

He isn't just beautiful, he is.....captivating. And he is sooo tall.

Dark brown hair framing a finely sculpted face. While a firmly etched mouth, a blade of a nose, and intense sea-green eyes are making him look divine.

Those eyes were blank, his features otherwise rested impassively.

I quickly looked down not able to hold my tears.

I don't know why his eyes are making me feel powerless and vulnerable.

"I never knew I was getting married to my employee. And especially You." He says with contempt.

I quickly look up, his head tilted to the side, his jaws clench while his shifts his gaze towards my suitcase.

"I thought you kn..."

Before I could finish, a loud slam echoed through the room.

He left.

My eyes closed in shock. I should have known.

Why would he ever marry me?

"I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN." My throat tightened with emotions.

Before I can think of something else, someone knocked on the door.

I take deep breaths to calm myself.

"It's open."

"Ishika..."

Abhiraj's mother comes towards me.

She caresses my head," Abhiraj came to me after the rituals ended... " I nod, trying to ignore the ache in my chest remembering what he said.

"We don't live here. This is his mansion. We wanted all the rituals to be done here that's why we shifted here for a week. And now he wants us to go back to our home. He likes to be alone.
I want you to tell somethings so you don't have any problem here."

An unknown fear gripped my heart. Living alone in this big place. WITH Him.

How will I Survive? How will this relationship survive?

"He is not ready for this relationship. I am trusting you with him. And I want you to work on this marriage. He is not going to give in, and maybe ignore you too. But don't give up, in the end, everything will be worth it."

And even after all those efforts if he doesn't give in, then divorce him?

That is what's going to happen with this marriage. My intuitions are never wrong.

"Why did you select me for your son? For someone else, it could have been easier, someone who is worthy of being his partner." My words break, tears welling as I realize what I have been put into.

I'll have to suffer every single day.

She stills for a moment, but quickly regains her posture, "It wasn't my choice to make. No one can fight against fate, whether you are happy with the plans or not. I am not happy, and neither is he, but this is only for some time. This marriage is the best decision for you both, doesn't matter who's happy with it and who's not."

I take a deep breath trying my best to hold back my tears.

I nod, "I don't know how will I do it, but I'll give my hundred percent to this marriage."

She gives me a satisfied look,
"Bring Ivaan here the day after tomorrow, until then you better get used to the place."

I give her a mild smile, silently agreeing with her demands.

So far this is the only best thing out of this marriage. Abhiraj's father was aware of Ivaan, they don't have any problem with him living with me.

She was about to leave the room but turns back, "And yeah I am sending Abhiraj to the room. He'll tell you to shift to some other room since it's his. But don't move out, from now on this is your room too. Don't give in to his unnecessary demand."

And the door closes.

My eyes well up. I am suddenly feeling too tired, exhausted.

I want to cry so bad. Soo bad.

My legs give up, making me slump on the floor.

My mind is all messed up.

*************************

Hii readers... I hope you people are going well.

Did you like the chapter?

Sorry for the short update, but am going through writer's block.

I guess this will go on for some time. So all your ideas are welcome to help me out with it.

Take care. 💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 26K 37
22 years old ADHIRA VATS, who's vague & intricate, too naive to deal with the cruel world. Getting married was never in her list, atleast not before...
168K 18.7K 58
Too old. Too tall. Too rich. Too out of my league. That's Aryan Arora, the billionaire CEO for me. But apparently, he is the perfect marri...
1M 40K 49
"Don't you dare think that I will ever say yes to marry you because today I will tell my parents that I don't want to marry you" I said smirking and...
425K 23.9K 43
"You have to do this Khushi. This is why I married you in the first place. if you refuse doing this, you well know what will be the consequences " Sh...