APIFantasy | Contests & Colla...

By APIFantasy

Cultivate your abilities by joining in on our monthly contests, where we will challenge you to write a new en... More

🌸 INFORMATION
C000.5 | Cultivation Month - Summer 2021 [CLOSED]
C001 | Transmigrating Hero [CLOSED]
C001.5 | Transmigrating Hero Winners
C002 | Road to Reincarnation [CLOSED]
C003 | Heavens Forbid [CLOSED]
C003.5 | Cultivation Month - Autumn [CLOSED]
C003.6 | Heavens Forbid Contest Winner
C004 | The Quests of Guardians [CLOSED]
C005 | The Banishing [CLOSED]
C005.5 | The Quest of the Guardians Contest Winners
C006 | Second Chances [CLOSED]
C007 | The Banishing Contest Winners
C008 | The Immortals' Conquest [CLOSED]
C008.1 | The Immortals' Conquest Round 1 Submission Form
C008.2 | Immortals' Conquest Round 1 Results
C008.3 | The Immortals' Conquest Round 2 Submission Form
C008.4 | The Immortals' Conquest Round 3 Submission Form
C008.5 | Immortals' Conquest Round 2 Results
C008.6 | Second Chances Contest Winners
C008.7 | Immortals' Conquest Winners
CC009 | Will You Be Mine? [CLOSED]
CC009.5 | Will You Be Mine? Contest Winners
CC010 | Panhellenic Games: Pythian Games [CLOSED]
C011 | Game Over [CLOSED]
C011.5 | Cultivation Month - Summer 2022 [CLOSED]
C012 | Legendary Scribe of History [CLOSED]
C012.5 | Game Over Winner
C013 | Underwater Fantasy [CLOSED]
C013.5 | Cultivation Month - Fall 2022 [CLOSED]
C013.6 | Underwater Fantasy Winner
CC014 | The Immortals' Conquest 2022 [CLOSED]
C014.5 | Cultivation Month - Winter 2023 [CLOSED]
C014.6 | The Immortals' Conquest Entry Masterlist
C014.7 | The Immortals' Conquest Round 1 Qualifiers
C014.8 | The Immortals' Conquest Round 2 Qualifiers
C014.9 | The Immortals' Conquest Winners
C015 | Cultivation Month - Spring 2023 [CLOSED]
CC016 | Will You Be Mine 2023 [CLOSED]
CC017.5 | Will You Be Mine 2023 Winners
C017.5 | Cultivation Month - Summer 2023 [CLOSED]
C018 | Dead Men Tell No Tales [CLOSED]
C019.5 | Cultivation Month - Autumn 2023 [CLOSED]
C019.6 | Dead Men Tell No Tales Contest Winners
CC020 | The Immortals' Conquest 2023 [CLOSED]
C020.5 | Cultivation Month - Winter 2024 [CLOSED]
C020.6 | The Immortals' Conquest Round 1 Qualifiers
C020.7 | The Immortals' Conquest Round 2 Qualifiers
C020.8 | The Immortals' Conquest Winners
C021 | Rewritten Destinies [OPEN]

CC017 | Songkran 2023 [CLOSED]

175 8 2
By APIFantasy

สวัสดีวันสงกรานต์
Happy Songkran!

For those of you who may not know what Songkran is, it is a special holiday where Thai people celebrate the new year. Songkran Festival is celebrated from April 13th to April 15th every year, but in many places of Thailand, it may be celebrated for 5-10 more days.

In this event, you'll be tasked with choosing a prompt based on Songkran & Thai culture and writing a short story with one of the featured prompts. How will you celebrate Thai New Year with us?

This contest was made possible with the help of the following profiles:

AmbassadorsTH (host)
AfricaHub
FoodKart
music
sport
talesofthedeep
YARomance
APIFantasy
APIRomance

💧 AmbassadorsTH (host) 💧

For Songkran, you decide to travel to Chiang Mai to spend it with your family and friends. During a pool party, you reconnect with your rival from high school. Will new feelings blossom between you during the celebration?

💧 AmbassadorsAF 💧

After a penpal's trip on an African safari, they invite you to come to Thailand to participate in Chiang Mai's Thai New Year Festival. What adventures await the two of you?

💧 beauty 💧

Your friend is determined to prove to her ex that she is handling their break-up well, and to do that, she needs to make a statement with a strong look. What kind of makeover will you give her for the Thai New Year party?

💧 Foodkart 💧
With Thai New Year here, business at your food stall is booming! There's something different about your mango sticky rice that sets yours apart from the others. What's your secret ingredient?

💧 Music 💧
After your musical performance at a Songkran festival in Bangkok, you've finally captured your high school crush's eye. Will things work in your favor this time?

💧 Romance 💧
You're about to perform for the first time a traditional dance in front of hundreds of people for Songkran. As the music started, you captured the eye of someone you used to know.

💧 sport 💧
You've been waiting for the Songkran Festival to begin because you've just finished building your boat for the boat races. With a reliable team and confidence, you're determined to win but the team starts having fights. What will happen? Will you achieve your dream and become the next boat racing champion?

💧 talesofthedeep 💧
You decide to go to Phuket to release the fish who has been your companion since you were little. During your heartfelt farewell, you notice there is another person who is crying next to you as they watch their own fish swim away. Will love spark between you as you share your bittersweet memories?

💧 YARomance 💧
During the big water fight in the streets of Chiang Mai, everyone is spraying water wildly. You raise your water gun on an unsuspecting person, only to discover it's your crush. Just before you pull the trigger, they lock eyes with you.

💧 APIFantasy 💧
While waiting for the Songkran parade to begin in Bangkok, you look for a place to get a snack and relax. None of the food carts seem interesting to you, so you end up wandering into a coffee shop you've never seen before. Little did you know that passing through that door would lead you into a world filled with creatures from Thai mythology and folklore.

💧 APIRomance 💧
Songkran is a difficult time for you because of your recent separation from your partner. However, this year is different. You decide to try something new, like the popular boat racing event, at this year's Songkran to overcome your heartbreak, where you meet your best friend.

💧 Fusion 💧
You have decided to attend a friend's wedding during Songkran in Thailand and make your way there from your home country or town. There you reunite with an old childhood crush that you haven't seen since you were a child. As you spend more time together during the celebration, you begin to wonder if this could not be more.

💧 ShortStory 💧
Your sentimental piece of jewelry goes missing during the Lady Songkran parade. While searching for it, you unexpectedly end up meeting someone whom you've only heard about in Thai folklore.

💧 The contest runs from April 1, 2023 until April 30, 2023. The contest ends on April 30, 2023 11:59 PM EST. Any entries received after this time will not be included in judging.

💧 Your entries must not exceed 3000 words.

💧 OPTIONAL: tag your stories with #Songkran2023 and/or #ThaiNewYear2023

💧 Stories featuring the Royal Family or military will not be accepted.

💧 You may submit more than one entry, but only one of your entries has a chance of winning. Please publish your story as a separate book or in your existing short story collection.

💧 Mature content is accepted, but it must follow Wattpad Content Guidelines.

💧 We are accepting entries in English and Thai.

💧 Entries must be submitted via this FORM.

💧 You are welcome to share your entries in the comments. Please don't DM us your entries and use the form when you're ready to submit.

💧 A shoutout from the participating profiles.

💧 A feature in the applicable reading list of the participating profiles if your story is in a standalone book, not a short story collection.

💧 A winning sticker to commemorate your victory.

💧 A feature in CommunityFeatures.

💧 An interview that will be featured on the applicable profiles.

Do I have to make a new book?

No. But if your new book is a direct sequel (meaning that we have to read other books in the series to understand anything/everything), prequel, or part of an existing short story collection, it won't be featured on the reading lists of the participating profiles.

Does it have to be 3000 words?

The word limit is that and not over.

Can I do a co-written story with someone?

Yes, you can! However, if you choose to publish on both your profiles, be aware that we can only add one story to our respective reading lists, not both.

Can I enter more than one entry?

Yes, but only one entry can win.

What about Mature? Are LGBTQ+ characters allowed?

Of course! We always welcome LGBTQ+ characters and stories. Mature is allowed so long as it meets Wattpad's Content Guidelines. Stories that do not meet this won't be accepted.

How will our entries be judged?

Stories are judged on various factors, such as writing quality, originality, and the relation to the chosen prompt. Ensure you are proofreading your works before submitting!

How do I submit my story for this contest?

Just complete this FORM and that's it!

The submission form is open here.

Please note this contest and its rules were created by the APIFantasy team and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad Ambassadors or Wattpad HQ staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries that do not meet the criteria outlined in the Rules & Guidelines chapter or are triggering to our team. We are not obligated to provide feedback to all users, and any that we do provide is at our discretion.

Extensions will not be granted to ensure everyone is given an equal amount of time to complete and submit their entries. The decision of the judges is final and any abusive language directed towards the profile and its team will not be tolerated and will likely result in disqualification of your entry. Please review the guidelines carefully prior to submitting and send us a message if you have any questions or concerns you would like to raise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 627 146
This contest is full but I still encourage you to read it and vote for your favorite chapters! And maybe I'll do another one when this one ends, so k...
314K 32.5K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
10.8K 444 9
Enter a world of romance, filled with Passion & Love. This is a collection of unforgettable short stories (2500 words) I have written for Write India...
159K 5K 23
It doesn't matters who you love, if that person reciprocates your feeling. Sometimes being, or getting things to be legal, doesn't help with the prob...