The Overlord and False God

By Eriliri

While Momonga in the original story is alone throughout the end of Yggdrasil, in this story however, our favo... More

Bio, Character sheets and backstory
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 5

757 16 4
By Eriliri

9th floor, Guild Member Residential Area, Cypher's Room. 

In the dimly lit room, two supreme beings stood at its center. Momonga, the leader of the infamous group of 42 supreme beings known as the Ainz Ooal Gown, stood alongside his guildmate, Cypher.

Cypher was the only supreme being at Nazarick who remained by Momonga's side until the end of the server shutdown. Over the years of their playtime, both of them stayed loyal to the game. Despite newer and more advanced games being released after the success of YGGDRASIL, they never sought to replace the world that had consumed their time, efforts, and resources like nothing else in their lives.

In their day-to-day lives, Cypher and Momonga worked together at a company owned by Cypher's family. Momonga had landed the job after informing his guildmate that he had been fired from his previous company.

Cypher, who held significant power in her own company, offered Momonga a job, which he gratefully accepted. Their professional relationship began from that point onward. Despite their secret lives in YGGDRASIL, no one in the company was aware of it. After work, however, they transformed into completely different individuals—greeting each other warmly, joking around, and chatting like a group of high school friends. This was peculiar considering Momonga had never experienced high school before.

Momonga perceives Cypher primarily as a boss first then secondarily as a friend , whether subconsciously or not it's hindered the development of a deeper and more genuine friendship between them.

Conversely, Cypher considered Momonga her true friend, especially after feeling abandoned by her so-called 'friends' from the Ainz Ooal Gown. Although she acknowledges that their abandonment may not entirely be their fault, as they have other concerns. Nonetheless, in her heart, they had forsaken their friendship. The once regular exchange of emails and letters on special occasions gradually dwindled, and the annual real-life meetups ceased to exist. This reality left Cypher feeling a mix of anger and disappointment toward her former comrades.

Upon noticing Cypher's restless glances around the room, Momonga made an effort to persuade her to rest and retire for the night. He genuinely wanted her to take care of herself in that moment.

However, Cypher resisted the idea, feeling compelled to assist Momonga in navigating the unknown and perilous territory they found themselves in. The weight of their shared experiences and knowledge of the dangers that lay ahead motivated her to stand by his side. 

The feeling is doubled after almost all the members of Ainz Ooal gown abandoned the guild.

But thankfully the two supreme being is enough to defend Nazarick against outside forces.

Both of the supreme beings possessed distinct strengths. Momonga wielded a variable of instant death magic and possessed extensive knowledge of YGGDRASIL. On the other hand, Cypher possessed reality-bending powers that made her formidable opponent. 

Their approaches to combat differed as well. Momonga meticulously planned every move before engaging in battle, while Cypher charged headfirst into the fray, relying on her overwhelming abilities to secure victory.

Recognizing Cypher's inclination to take immediate action, Momonga endeavored to devise swift strategies for her to execute, offering support from a distance. Together, with the aid of the loyal floor guardians, they stood ready to face any formidable challenge that came their way, be it a powerful raid boss or a many dungeon within the realm of YGGDRASIL.

That's why, at this moment, it felt wrong to burden Momonga with all the problems. Cypher felt needed to help her friend. Since he's the only who she felt familiar in this unknown new world.

However, much like before, when they first arrived in this world, Momonga insisted on shouldering the responsibilities alone. He urged Cypher to rest and leave everything to him. Although her role as his boss played a part in his decision, his genuine concern for her well-being stemmed from her visible fatigue and exhaustion. Momonga worried about Cypher's health, which led him to persistently encourage her to rest.

After a back-and-forth exchange, Cypher finally yielded, silently lying down without uttering a single word to Momonga.

As Momonga gazed upon his friend with a mixture of concern and wariness, he wondered if he had upset her. Perhaps he had, but he believed that his actions were ultimately for her own good.

With that, Momonga activated the guild ring, teleporting to another location, and leaving Cypher alone in the room.

Cypher then muttered a frustrated  word underneath her breath,

Cypher: "Stupid Momonga..." 

Cypher felt hopeless, she wanted to do something but deep down she knows that Momonga was right.

The weight of exhaustion bore down heavily on her, Cypher  eyelids felt heavier, and within seconds, she succumbed to sleep, surrendering herself to the abyss of whimsical imaginings crafted by her own mind.

---
Cypher's Mindspace

I slowly open my eyes, and the first sight that greets me is my gaming hardware and a conspicuously empty desktop. I let out a sigh before reaching out to grasp the golden book.

The book in question is the one that helped me escape the mindspace in the first place. Initially, when I realized I couldn't find a way out, panic set in. I frantically tried to think of an exit door, but every attempt proved futile. Frustrated and on the verge of giving up, I caught a glimpse of a subtle golden glow emitting from the book, an overlooked detail. Warily, I reach out for it, surprised by what I discover. The book not only answers my question but also points out the exit.

After following all the instructions from the book, I find an exit, and a profound sense of relief washes over me. I can't help but feel grateful for the unexpected guidance.

After all that fiasco, the book always stay beside me. 

So then with the book in my hands, I proceed to pose my question:

Me: "Is there another way to assist Momonga in the foreseeable future?"

After uttering the inquiry, I wait for a moment, and suddenly, the book emits a glow, swiftly inscribing the answer.

According to the book, I could aid Momonga by fulfilling three essential requirements: 

Firstly, Cypher must summon the world enemy, Lucifer Morningstar, utilizing the world item called Brimstone.

Secondly, Cypher must craft a persona of a narcissistic and egotistical yet highly skilled magician.

Lastly, Cypher must gain entry into a Magic Academy, whether as a student or a teacher

I find myself perplexed by the first requirement. Why I need to summon Lucifer?

Without hesitation, the book responded to her confusion:

Lucifer Morningstar is among the world enemies who can be summoned through the world item, Brimstone. When summoned in this manner, Lucifer becomes loyal to the summoner, offering significant benefits. This requirement is also crucial for Momonga's sake and will play a vital role in the future.

Cypher: "But why?" I  pondered.

The book continued, shedding light on my question:

Lucifer Morningstar, as the ruler of Hell, possesses innate leadership qualities. Furthermore, he neither judges evil actions nor sympathizes with mere mortals. By summoning Lucifer, he can assist Momonga and Demiurge in formulating plans without moral constraints and can provide valuable insights. Additionally, as a world enemy, he serves as a unifying force, motivating everyone to join forces against a common adversary—Lucifer Morningstar.

Cypher: "Ahhh... I see now. Thank you,"

Do you also want an explanation for the second and third requirements?

I then contemplate whether an explanation is needed for the second and third requirements.

After a brief pause, I softly hum a "yes."

Understood. Having a persona can greatly benefit you in gathering information, and your exceptional skills will grant you special privileges. With your narcissistic and egotistical personality, you will fit in effortlessly, and people won't bother you too much. Given your expertise in magic, it is crucial for you to enter an academy to enhance your reputation. In the future, Momonga will be immensely grateful for your significant assistance and the role you play.

Cypher: "It seems like you're intentionally left something important from me," I remarked.

Yes, because you desired the element of surprise, making things more exciting.

Cypher: "I never said that," I retorted.

It's your subconscious desire.

Cypher: "Oh," I responded, gawking passively.

Any more questions?

Cypher: "Yeah, a few like... can I also sleep in here?" 

Yes, you can. Time flows differently within this space, allowing you to rest as much as you want without any disruptions from the outside world.

Cypher: "Okay... can you also tell me why I suddenly felt really tired?"  

Your body is currently undergoing adjustments. It will take approximately 13 hours, 32 minutes, and 21 seconds for it to fully adapt to this new world.

Cypher: "Cool... but why doesn't Momonga feel the same?" I wondered.

Momonga's racial class is different from yours. And due to the overwhelming power you possess, it takes time for your body to adjust.

Cypher: "Mnnn... well then... good night or morning I guess," Cypher bid farewell.

Sleep well, User: Cypher

---

I woke up with a gentle yawn, stretching and cracking my bones for some relief. I felt more energized than ever, like a leisurely weekend morning after a night of drinking with my employee, free from stress and worries.

Craving a cup of coffee, I conjured one, along with a slice of toast slathered in blueberry jam. As I reached for my drink, I couldn't help but notice that I was lying on a remarkably comfortable bed.

My Curiosity piqued, I realized that I had forgotten to summon a bed before falling asleep. So where did this cozy bed come from? Intrigued, I turned to the book and posed my question.

Cypher: "Why is there a bed when I wake up? I don't remember summoning it."

The book then answerd:

The appearance of the bed is an action driven by your subconscious desires. When you're in the mindspace, your subconscious desires are amplified and manifest automatically, even without your conscious awareness.

Cypher: "But will it harm me?" I asked.

No, it will not.

Cypher: "Alright then," I responded nonchalantly.

I then take a sip of the steaming cup of coffee in my hand, I savored the rich flavor that danced on her taste buds.

"Mmmm, this coffee is delicious, even better than I expected... good job me," I compliment myself with a satisfied smile.

In my previous world, coffee beans were a rarity, unlike beer which was more readily available. Due to limited fertile land and government ownership, the production of coffee or tea was uncommon. As a result, the prices for these prized beverages were exorbitant.

Fortunately, I have the means to indulge in my love for coffee, thanks to my rich family. I regularly purchase the precious beans, allowing me to enjoy it every day without any worries.

Speaking of money, my friend, Momonga, could be considered a middle-class. But before I met him, he was just an ordinary working guy from a lower-class background. He used to live in this tiny government-built apartment that was even smaller than my own bedroom. It's hard to believe they called it an "apartment," but I guess everyone has their own perspective.

Momonga had lost both of his parents due to overworking and exhaustion, which was really sad. And it seemed like he was on the same path, working himself to the bone. But then, things took a turn when he got fired from his job. That's when I stepped in and offered him a position at my company. I made sure to sprinkle in some random bonuses and "accidentally" overpay his salary. At first, he was hesitant and reluctant to accept my help. I guess he didn't want to feel like he owed me anything. But eventually, he gave in and started enjoying the perks that came with working for me.

You know, sometimes it's just nice to have a friend in a high place. It can make a big difference in someone's life.

I chuckled softly as I picked up a piece of toasted bread and savored its delicious flavor with each bite, and the warmth of my coffee filled me with comfort as I took another sip, appreciating its rich aroma and taste. However, my peaceful moment was disrupted when I noticed some crumbs from the bread had accidentally fallen onto my chest. It was a gentle reminder of the sudden physical changes I had gone through, I'm now inhabiting a female body.

The sudden transmigration had caught me off guard, and I wasn't quite ready to confront it just yet. The situation felt more awkward than anything else really.

This new body will bring trouble for me, especially when it come's down to any previous relationship I have now. 

In the previous world , pursuing romantic relationships was never a priority for me. One of the major factors contributing to this was the observation that many of the women I encountered, including those introduced by my family, seemed to prioritize power and material gain above all else. Their motives and intentions appeared questionable at best and downright scheming leech at worst.

To be honest, my lack of romantic relationship has never bothered me.

And I don't have sexual attraction toward men either, as far as I can tell. 

Also when I got older, My time was predominantly occupied with work and immersing myself in the virtual world of YGGDRASIL, leaving little room or desire for romantic pursuits.

But now- 

Ugh whatever...

Cypher: "Well, I guess it's time to summon Lucifer."

I finished my coffee and bread, then got up from the bed.

Cypher: "Oh yeah, book, can you, like, tell me the answer with your voice instead of writing it down?" I paused for a moment before changing my mind.

Cypher: "Scratch that, you can write the answer, but can you also voice it?"

The book responded, this time with a voice!

Okay, understood

I was in awe of the answer, but the voice seemed a bit bland to me. It sounded too robotic.

But... hmm, can I?

Cypher: "Hey, book, can you change your voice to match to my liking?"

At first, the book replied in the same robotic voice, but then...

Changing the voice to your liking... 

It's Done, User: Cypher.

Oh... oh my...

Did I just blush? Really!?

Aaand.. now there are butterflies in my stomach.

Great. 

Cypher: "G-good job, book. You've really outdone yourself this time."

The book glowed brightly, signaling the answer.

After a moment, things went back to normal, but I still felt a slight tingling sensation in my body.

I frowned at the situation. There's no way I should be feeling like this.

No way.

I've never felt this way about anyone in my life.

Could it be that my new body is causing this? Does it affect my psychology as well!?

Gah, it's so frustrating!

Cypher: "Stupid  —"

---
Somewhere in Slane Theocracy territory 

My name is Michael Gaimith, I had a simple life alongside my older sister, Emily. We were orphans, our family was killed during the war, the opposite army massacre our town but strangely they left the children alone but will not hesitate to kill if they had to.

We relied with each other for support and comfort. Despite the hardships we faced, our bond was everything to us. It gave us hope, and it made us strong.

But one day, everything changed. Emily vanished without a trace, leaving me in a state of panic and despair. Many possibilities comes in my head.  I couldn't bear the thought of losing her, so I set out on a desperate search, hoping to find any clue that would lead me to her.

I wandered through the town streets, my heart heavy with fear. And then, as if the universe wanted to crush me further, I stumbled upon her lifeless body in a hidden alley. It was a sight that shattered my world. Her body was bruised, her clothes torn apart, and blood stained her head. The violence she endured was evident, and it tore at my soul.

I fell to my knees beside her, unable to hold back the tears streaming down my face. The pain inside me was unbearable, and I couldn't fathom why someone would do such a terrible thing to my sister.

In the midst of my grief, a fire ignited within me. Anger mixed with sorrow, and I made a solemn promise. I would dig deep, uncover the truth behind Emily's tragic fate, and ensure that those responsible would face the consequences of their actions. They would pay for the pain they inflicted on my sister.

For months, I tirelessly searched for my sister's murderer, but my efforts proved fruitless. Seeking assistance from the authorities was a dead end as they dismissed me, deeming Emily's case all too common to warrant their attention. 

Frustration consumed me, and I sought solace in a drink to numb my stress. Normally, Emily would scold me for even indulging in the slightest amount of alcohol, but this time, I simply didn't care anymore.

Entering the tavern, I ordered a beer and impatiently awaited my drink.

I overhear a group of thugs engaged in a conversation filled with immoral content, I chose to ignore their presence initially. However, as the largest thug changed the topic, my stomach dropped, and a chilling sensation ran down my spine.

Big Thug: "So, this one time, some random girl from the village offered me her crops. Of course, I laughed in her face and said, 'Hey, why don't you offer your body instead?' But she refused. Naturally, I had to teach her a lesson for rejecting me." The man erupted into boisterous laughter.

Skinny Thug: "What happened next?"

Big Thug: "She kept begging, saying things like 'Please, I'll give you money' or 'Please, let me go.' My favorite was 'Please, I have a brother at home.' Hahaha, as if that would faze me."

The thugs found great amusement in their stories, displaying a complete lack of empathy towards the girl. The other patrons in the tavern appeared disturbed by their conversation but kept their heads down, afraid of any potential confrontation.

Gripping my beer mug tightly, a surge of bloodlust coursed through me. I glanced at the largest thug and contemplated my next move. My sister's killer was right here, an opportunity for revenge within arm's reach.

Taking a deep breath, I began to walk towards him, my heart pounding with each step. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead, and I swallowed hard, my mouth suddenly dry. I readied the blade I had concealed in my pants, prepared to take action.

Fat Thug: "Hey, what do you want, kid?" the thug suddenly asked, breaking my stride.

All the other thugs ceased their previous conversation, their attention now focused solely on me. The tavern fell silent, every eye fixed upon my figure.

Seconds turned into minutes, yet I found myself without a response to offer. Unexpectedly, the largest thug spoke, breaking the tense silence.

Big Thug: "Hah! Clearly, you're one of my fans, aren't you? Here, have a drink with me," he said, offering me a drink.

Baffled by the turn of events, unsure of how to react, I suddenly panicked and made a mad dash for the exit, dropping my knife on the spot.

Skinny Thug: "Wow, that kid has some serious issues with you," one of the thugs remarked.

Big Thug: "I know," he replied without even bothering to glance at the person who had just attempted to take his life.

From the beginning, the big thug had sensed the bloodlust. He decided to toy with it for a little longer, but it seem that luck on Michael side, because he choose to run instead continuing his revenge.

---

I stopped briefly to catch my breath.

It had been a minute since I ran like a frenzy. I severely underestimated how difficult it is to take someone's life. It's not the same as killing a chicken or cutting vegetables.

I looked at my trembling hand.

They probably saw the knife I dropped, and sooner or later, they will find me. God knows what those thugs will do to me.

Michael: "I need to tell the guards. With all the evidence I have, maybe they can do something about it," I assured myself.

I started walking towards the guard station, hoping that they could at least bring in some justice.

The guard station was near the city gate, where people had to pay taxes to enter the city. But it was an open secret that some guards charged differently from others. If they saw someone they could pressure to give more money, they would do it, and vice versa.

I arrived at the building, taking a deep breath before stepping inside.

Several guards were present, but one stood out—the oldest one. He had a full-grown beard and a scar on his left eye. Clearly, he was a seasoned veteran.

I then approached him, and our eyes meet.

Michael: "Sir, please, I need to report my sister's murderer," I pleaded.

The old guard looked at me briefly before responding to my plea.

???: "Son, that's a pretty bold accusation. Do you have any evidence to support it?" he asked.

Michael: "I have a tavern full of witnesses, sir. You can go ask them if you want. The person who killed my sister was boasting about it," I explained, with a hint of pain in my voice.

The old guard scratched his chin, then stood up and placed his hand on my shoulder.

???: "Alright then, let's go to the tavern. We'll confront this person who killed your sister," he said.

He gestured for me to follow him, but fear began to well up inside me, freezing me in place.

???: "You coming or what? Don't tell me you've made a false report, kid. That would be a pain in the ass," he remarked.

Michael: "N-no, sir. I'm just not feeling too well," I stammered.

???: "Sigh... alright, just wait here until I can confirm it myself," he reluctantly agreed.

Michael: "Thank you, sir. I'm extremely grateful for your help."

Without saying another word, the old guard exited the building.

I watched him go, hopeful that justice would prevail.

Thank God.

---

God why.

My body is battered and bruised, making it difficult to breathe.

The thugs found me and subjected me to a merciless beating, nearly bringing me to the brink of death.

It turns out that the old guard was working with them. He's the one who reveal my location.

I looked at him with a face filled with betrayal, but he remained stoic, unmoved by my anguish.

Big Thug: "Thanks for the info, Jack," he paused and then turned his gaze towards me. "Hehehe, you thought you could get away with it after that stunt, boy?"

The big thug delivered a powerful kick to my stomach, causing my body to slide against the wall. Blood spilled from my mouth upon impact.

Michael: "Cough... cough... please... stop..." I pleaded with him with weak voice.

Big Thug: "Heh, your sister said the exact same thing."

The group of thugs erupted in laughter, some of them continue in the assault. Others began to mock my sister.

God, why? How could you allow this?

I grimaced in pain, feeling the weight of the unfairness that surrounded me.

It was unfair.

So incredibly unfair.

My body felt weaker by minutes, and I don't think I can survive in the next hour.

Big Thug: "Huh? Is he dead? Ah, whatever. Hey, you three, grab his body and throw it in the alleyway."

I sensed my body being dragged, my fate seemingly mirroring that of my sister.

Even after they stop the assault, the pain still persisted, not just from the aftermath form the thugs' attacks, but also from the wounds they had inflicted upon me.

Would I meet the same end as she did?

Suddenly, I felt a jarring impact on my back. They had discarded me like trash, throwing me out into the alleyway.

Random thug #1: "Hahaha, have fun being rat food, kid," the thug jeered.

Then, another wave of kicks rained down upon me. Were they about to end my life?

God, if you're out there... please... save me...

???: "Out of my way, trash."

A confident voice echoed through the alleyway.

A silver-haired beauty stood boldly in the veil of darkness in the alleyway. Her golden eyes seemed to shine brightly, making her stand out from the others.

With her arms crossed over her chest, she looked down at the bunch of thugs.

Random thug #1: "Huh?"

Confused, the thugs took a good look at her. She wore an elegant gold dress with a triangle at the center and a golden line at each end. Her footwear was made of the exact expensive material as her dress, and she wore several pieces of expensive jewelry, including a necklace, two rings on each hand, and a golden hairpin shaped like a triangle with an eye on it.

Random thug #1: "Well, well, well, look what we got here, boys," he sneered. "A princess who walked into a wolf's den unknowingly."

Random thug #2: " Hehehe, look at the size of those melons. Delicious."

One of the thugs decided to approach the woman with a lecherous grin on his face, making a grabbing gesture towards her breasts

Random thug #3: "Hello there young lady, you seem to be new here, why don't we make ourselves more closer ehh??? Such pretty woman like you might actually want some company, ehehe."

Making his intention clear he closed the gap between them, his confident is slightly altered after seeing the women face seem unfazed, he then decided to ignore it, after all he never seen women this beautiful before, her appearance and look is out of this world.

He attempted to grab her shoulder to familiarize himself, but before he could make contact, he felt a sharp pain shoot up on his arm.

At first, the pain was small, but it gradually intensified, becoming more and more excruciating.

He couldn't help but scream loudly, confusing his friends.

Random thug #3: "Agghhhh!!! My hand... It's gone!!!"

Panicked, the thug cried out as he realized his hand had mysteriously disappeared. Blood began to flow from the clean cut, but there was no hand to be found, as if it had vanished into thin air.

Random thug #1: "What the hell did you do to him you bitch!" 

Enraged, the thug lunged towards the mysterious newcomer, driven by his anger over the injury inflicted upon his friend. In his blind fury, he trampled over me as if I were an nothing, treating me as if I were utterly insignificant.

The pain became unbearable, consuming my senses, until finally, darkness enveloped my vision, and my consciousness slipped away.

 ---

I gradually regained my vision, and to my astonishment, the excruciating pain that had overwhelmed me earlier was nowhere to be found. I cautiously checked for any signs of the injuries inflicted by the thugs, only to discover that there was no trace of them.

???: "Ah, you're finally awake,"

The voice belonged to a strikingly handsome man, with a lean physique, long dark hair, and piercing golden eyes. He wore a pair of glasses and was dressed in a sleek black formal attire that accentuated his lean build.

???: "Quite a spectacle you got yourself into, my friend," he said with a smile.

He observed me quietly for a moment before grinning again.

???: "But I suppose you're fine now. Hopefully, you can continue your story after this. I bid you farewell then,"

With a final smile, he rose to his feet and began to depart.

Who was this enigmatic individual, and what connection did he have to the mysterious woman who had saved me from those thug?

I sat there, bewildered and lost in thought.

However, the thug who had mercilessly taken my sister's life had yet to face any consequences.

Was this a sign for me to let go? To be given a second chance?

No, I refused to accept that!

I needed to try again, but this time, I would approach it differently.

Michael: "W-wait, sir! Please wait!" I called out to him.

The man paused, turning to face me with an expression of delight.

???: "What can I do for you, my friend?" he responded with a smile.

Michael: "Sir, please help me. I want to take action against the one who wronged me, but I am too weak. I know you possess strength. Please, I am willing to do anything to accomplish my goal," I pleaded desperately.

???: "Anything, eh? How about we make a deal? In exchange for helping you achieve your goal, you will do anything that I said. How does that sound?" he grinned mischievously, extending his left hand towards me.

I gulped nervously , but I slowly regained my resolve.

I reached out and shook his hand, and his grin widened.

???: "Ah, you humans never change do you?" he remarked.

In that moment, I felt as though I had made a pact with the devil himself.

AN: Whew It's finally done, feel free to reach out if you find a wrong spelling or grammar mistake. 

See you next week! or month 

Also I will delete all the Note 1-3 because I just realize that I can do it in here without creating a new chapter, my bad lol.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 403 17
Waking up after the end of Yggdrasil, Momonga finds himself stuck in his Avatar's body in a fantasy world that seems oddly real. he had no gear, no i...
114K 3.3K 16
After a small deal with Bill, Dipper is taken away for 6 years of his life. After some time the rest of the gang all accepts to accept the fact that...
18.8K 830 51
(AU) Momonga arrives first in the new world. How will he change the course of history? Will the name of Ainz Ooal Gown forever be one of despair or o...
8K 142 28
Momonga was not the only player in Yggdrasil His Longtime Friend Y/n L/n Logged in for one last time she promised she would be there to the end but t...