COLOR RUSH! โ”€โ”€ c. san

By nvptxne

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†๐ŸŽจหš โ› for the first timeโ€…i am swallowed by the feeling that i became who i am. . . โœ โ”€โ”€ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰... More

ACT ONE, COLOR MOVING

COLOR RUSH

231 10 26
By nvptxne

🎨·˚ ༘ color rush ! ˊˎ
[ a choi san fic ]
© nvptxne 2023

❛ nothing is meaningless
when i'm with you. . . ❜

000. summary

──── # THOUGH his name meant bright and luminous, the world though Nishimura Akira's eyes was anything but. He was born with a certain color blindness that only allowed him to see the world through a select few shades. Instead of the vibrant colors that painted the sights of everyone else, he only saw different shades of grey, white, and lifeless black. Those cursed with this type of color blindness were called 'monos.'

──── # THE title hadn't bothered him much when he was younger. Though he was often scrutinized by his peers, being that monos didn't make up a large population, Akira never let it get to him, as the only light in his life he had ever needed came in the form of his mother, who was also a mono. As long as there was at least one person who saw the world as he did, he didn't need anything more. He would remain perfectly content with the pearly white smile surrounded by ash grey lipstick that greeted him whenever he saw her.

──── # AS if the universe had sensed something utterly wrong with the boys happiness, it made sure to change that. While one moment, boy had been laughing and smiling as his mother told him a bedtime story, nothing but peace and tranquility in his mind, flash forward a few years to a week after his fourteenth birthday, where it all came crashing down, as the the boy's mother had gone missing, seemingly vanishing from thin air, all her belongings left behind.

──── # IT is common knowledge that a probe is a monos only key to colors. The moment a mono looks into the eyes of their probe, they experience what's called a color rush. A color rush is a overwhelming sensation that allows for monos to finally see the colors of the world. Many times, the discovering of a probe has led many monos to find love as they can finally see a more vibrant world with the help of their partners, much like Akira's parents.

──── # THOUGH this sounds like a happy sentiment, over the years it's grown to be quite the opposite. There exists a dark side to monos finding their probes. While there are instances where a mono finding their probe leads to love, it also leads to a more sinister emotion. With the fear of losing their only key of color, many monos become obsessed with their probes, and go to great lengths to make sure they stay with them forever. Many horror stories seen on the news had rooted themselves in Akira's mind, and in the minds of his classmates. Many had grown afraid and even hostile as the fear the tales of kidnappings and murders they've heard may happen to them. Eventually, it had led to the world Akira lived in today. One where monos seemed particularly scarce, attempting to hide in plain sight and remain as low key as possible. Akira was no different.

──── # AKIRA had no desire or intention of finding his probe. He never wanted someone to have so much power over him that simply not being around them would drive him to insanity. Besides, with starting college and simultaneously working to find his missing mother against the better wishes of his aunt, he has no room in his life for that to be introduced.

──── # BUT, as the boy has discovered before, the universe seemed to love ruining his plans. This rude awakening had came in the form of a nuisance with dimples. Choi San was persistent, impulsive, annoyingly charming, and unfortunately for Akira, his key to seeing color. . .

000. cast

NISHIMURA AKIRA
[ played by kanemoto yoshinori ]

the mono
i'm not pretty...

CHOI SAN
[ played by himself ]

the probe
I'll teach you all the colors of the world...

KANG MINJI
[ played by seo yeji ]

the aunt
stop looking for my sister...

NA DOHEE
[ played by hong eunchae ]

the innocent
what have we done to deserve this ...

NISHIMURA RIKI
[ played by himself ]

the clueless
i thought the mono was obsessed
with the probe, not the other way around ...

KANG JUNMYEON
[ played by yoo junsang ]

the understanding
some things are simply out of our control ...

KOBAYASHI KEN
[ played by kento yamazaki ]

the detective
i've made a breakthrough ...

ateez as themselves
enhypen as themselves
others mentioned as themselves

[ 🎨 ] ──── warnings / disclaimer
this book will include mentions of suicide, suicidal thoughts, violence, mature language, ( somewhat ) mature scenes, and more. i only own my original characters and settings. this book is only for fun and does not mean the way real people are portrayed is accurate. psd used belongs to @/breewaffle

[ 🎨 ] ──── dedications
dedicated to bumiaangs , and -Iovesh0t
( thank you for reading i hope you all enjoy <33 )

[ 🎨 ] ──── authors note
thank you to everyone who decided to click on this book i'm very excited for it. this is obviously based off of the kdrama color rush which i think everyone should watch because it's so good. this story will be sweet but also have a lot of angst and some dark themes, as well as be a little more slow burn than the show. it'll be more similar to the novel in some ways but with my own twist. anyway, that was it, i hope everyone enjoys <3

© nvptxne 2023
( COLOR RUSH )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
205K 13.6K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC