On My Door Step

cattyblinks द्वारा

As a teenager, finding a baby on the steps of my house came as a shock. But the more shocking of all is not b... अधिक

Post Party
Baby Tears
Baby Shopping
Someone Somewhere
Baby Fever
Day Care
A Day At Work
Vega Thompson

Jay Zee

5 0 0
cattyblinks द्वारा

It's been 2 weeks now since Jay Jay came into my life. She's been such a happy baby. So quiet and cute. But she sometimes gets these bad tantrums that are really annoying.

Like I literally don't know what to do when she starts. And when she gets upset she becomes a big ball of tears and chubby kicking limbs.

But we got a super cute name for her though. Jay Zee. Jay for Jada and Zee for Zarah so Jay Zee. I didn’t like it at first but Nessa insisted and baby seems to like it so I guess I'll live with it.

It was also kind of difficult with Vanessa going to school and me being home alone with her. I've been skipping school for 2 weeks now and I think dad finally got tired of the calls from the school.

He called me yesterday to order me to go to school.

So here I am, preparing some snacks for my already dressed baby so I can take her to Mrs walkers down the block.

She's this really cute grandmother figure in my neighborhood. She has been really helpful ever since I moved in. She already met baby Jay and they had an immediate connection.

She agreed to take care of her while I go to school. I had only three more months of school and I'd be done with high school.

I don't know what I wanna do after but that will just have to wait. Right now I just want to concentrate on raising my healthy bubbly munchkin into a beautiful and polite young lady. With a little sass.

I finished packing jayjay's bag and I picked her out of her high chair in the kitchen. I balanced her in my right arm while holding her bag. I picked up my own bag with my left hand and grabbed my keys.

I don't know how I managed to hold my baby, her overly packed bag, my bag and lock the house as well with only two arms but I did it.

I walked to my car which was parked in the driveway. I unlocked it and opened the trunk. I loaded everything in it and closed it. I then opened the door and buckled Jay Jay into her car seat. She was babbling and talking jiberish with spittle flying everywhere. I wiped her mouth with her handkerchief and kissed her on the cheek. She squeeled in delight and reached for my necklace which had my name on it.

" You want one baby, I'll order one for you okay" she said something in response to that and I laughed at how bubbly she was today. I kissed her again and went to the driver's seat.

I pulled out of the driveway and went straight to Mrs walkers house.

She was already on her porch waiting with an eager look. I got down and unbuckled Jay Jay as Mrs walkers came towards us. As soon as I picked Zee and she saw Mrs walkers, she started reaching for her eagerly.

I smiled as I saw how eager they were for each other's company. Mrs walkers took her from my arms " oh my grand baby. I've missed you so much" she said while kissing Zee all over.

She burst into giggles while babbling at Mrs walkers. She turned to me with a smile " good morning Vega. Thank you for letting me watch her."

" I should rather thank you for watching her Mrs walkers" I said thankfully.

" oh stop it baby. I've told you to call me granny. I don't want baby Jay to be so formal with me when she grows up"

I looked at her apologetically " I'm sorry granny"

She chuckled and baby Jay also giggled. I brought out her bag and followed granny inside. I kept the bag on the kitchen counter and turned to granny who settled in her couch with baby on her lap. They seemed to be having a serious conversation even though the TV was on with a Disney cartoon playing.

I sighed as I watched them my baby will be just fine

I went over to them and crouched to Zee's level I rubbed her beautiful curls as she looked at me with a smile " I have to go to school baby but I promise I'll be back as soon as possible.  Be a good girl for granny okay"

She babbled something and I let out a breathy laugh as I hugged her. I reached for granny and kissed her on the cheek while whispering a thank you.

I walked out of the house and went to my car. I wiped a tear from my eye as I looked towards the house. I saw them both waving at me from the window
I waved back and soon drove off.

My school was a good thirty minutes away. I drove faster than usual to make it in time. I took many shortcuts to avoid traffic and I was soon pulling into the school's parking lot.

I grabbed my bag and rushed in. I heard the bell and I run towards my class. My first subject was chemistry. I know chemistry this early is a horrible way to start the day

I rushed down the empty halls to my locker. I grabbed my books and run to the lab. When I got there the teacher was already teaching. When I entered the whole room became silent and everyone just stared at me

" oh Vega. You finally decide to join us. Hurry and take a seat". I breathed a sigh of relief and took a coat from the coat rack. I shrugged it on while putting on my green goggles, and walked to a seat in front. All the back seats were filled.

I sat down with a huff and looked at all the strange liquids in front of me.

I'm not a bad student. In fact I always ace my tests but that comes with a lot of learning. Unfortunately for the last two weeks I haven't had time to open a book because of my baby.

I smiled at the thought of my girl.

I wonder how she is

" so Vega, in your absence we've been looking at the topic Buffer. We realized that a buffer is a solution that can resist pH change upon the addition of an acidic or basic component. It is able to neutral--"

I stopped listening there. I just hate Chem so much. It's too boring and dangerous. We soon started mixing stuff and I was so clueless. Soon the bell rang and I jumped out of the class.

I walked to my next class. I tuned out the teacher there as well. I just wanted the day to be over. I missed my girl so much. The teacher kept talking and talking. It was soon lunch and we filed out of the classroom.

I met Nessa at my locker she looked excited "ah Vee" she run and hugged me. I hugged her while laughing

" Why are you this happy" I asked as I shut my locker and we started making our way to the cafeteria.

" I'm just so happy. How's my baby doing"

"She's fine. I left her with granny but I miss her so much. It's so hard not having her here" I said with a sigh

" I know Vega, it's not easy. But we can call and talk to her right? We'll get used to it but I just miss my chubby brown queen too much"

I chuckled while shaking my head at the giddy girl beside me. I replied in the affirmative and pushed open the cafeteria doors. We joined the line and got our food. We decided to eat outside so we could make the call freely.

We sat on a bench under a tree and I called granny. She picked on the third ring " Hello"

" Yes granny it's me Vega. I just wanted to check on you and Jay Jay."

"Oh yes Vega. We are perfectly fine she had her first bottle a few hours back. I'm just warming the second one" she said. I could here Jay Jay squealing in the background along with the TV.

I smiled along with Nessa. Our baby was content. That's good to know.

"Okay, thank you so much granny. This means the world to me."

" Oh no worries Vega honey. You know you're like a grand baby to me. I'm always here for you okay. Now I have to go. Bye"

" Bye granny"

I smiled at Nessa who reached for me and wiped my cheek. I didn't know I was crying " Don't cry Vee, I know you miss your mom but she wouldn't want to see you cry. Just channel all that love into raising chubby cheeks okay"

I nodded and sniffed. "You're right Nessa. Thank you"

She smiled and we both soon started laughing. Just then the bell rang. I sighed and hugged her as we parted ways.

The day went on boringly as usual. After hours which felt like eternity, the bell finally rang for the end of the day.

I rushed out to my car to find a similarly eager Vanessa by my car. "Hurry we need to go get giggle squeak". I burst into laughter and entered the car.

I turned to her with a raised brow " giggle squeak. Really"

She shrugged and I pulled out of the school with a chuckle.

We got to granny's place and picked up a sleeping baby from a tired but reluctant granny. We bid her farewell and left.

When we got home, I fed a still sleeping baby and undressed her. I wiped her clean with a wet towel and changed her diaper.

I put her in her crib and went down to meet Nessa with a box of pizza. I ate it with her and freshened up for bed.

I checked on Jay Jay and when I saw she was comfortable, I got under my covers myself and got some much needed rest.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.1M 62.1K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
1.1M 31.8K 47
Alexandra "Alex" Doherty is the girl everyone envies. She's well liked, is the captain of the soccer team, has a great group of friends, her boyfrien...
seven souls seven sins avstroscomet द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

47.4K 1K 54
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
kilian [21+] Angelangel द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

163K 972 31
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...