Banks Family Values

By ShrazyMe

Santana Banks is the only woman to have stolen the heart of Drake and after four years of keeping their relat... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Instagram
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Instagram
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Instagram
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 12

1.7K 82 4
By ShrazyMe

SantanaBanks: The Original Mami

3,400,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

"I know that you are my daughter but what you need to understand is that when you come into the offices or when we are working, it's work." My dad gives me a stern look. "Being signed to Banks Record is not something to take lightly and you have the privileges of being related to the owner. I have given you three years to sort yourself out, you came back to record a song and then nothing."

"Da-"

"You cannot keep telling people that new music is on the way when nothing is complete so now I am going to enforce your contract." He tells me as I chew on the inside of my cheek. "I'm not saying that you have to go on tour right away but I need you to complete your end of the bargain."

When my father called me into his office for a meeting, I thought that we would be going over the usual stuff regarding the album. I did not expect him to start scolding me the moment that I took a seat so naturally, I'm taken back.

"Ok." I slowly nod my head.

"Broken Record is a good song but I don't think that it's the song for you." I open my mouth to protest and he shuts me down with a look. "You are an incredible songstress but you need to be able to match the song to the image and quite frankly, it's not your image."

I purse my lips at him.

"Be mad at me if you will but I am thinking of your brand. That's not to say that you can't dip into other genres but if you start off with a song like that then you have a rep to uphold." My dad pulls a face. "You perform rnb well but it's not who you are."

"What do you suggest I do?"

I watch as he pulls out a folder from his desk and he starts taking the contents out before setting it down infront of me.

"There are a collection of unfinished songs from various songwriters, including Zain and yourself." He tells me. "I know you like to write your own music so look over these and get an idea of what we want from you. There will be a series of demos waiting at your home so take an hour or two to listen every single one of them. Make your notes and we will meet again next week to discuss our next steps."

"Is there anything that you're expecting from me?" I ask with a raised brow since I'm still pissed at him for scrapping my song.

"One fully written song."

---

TylerGraham: I hope my momma prada me

1,200,000 likes ~ 9,000 comments

Despite my hurt thoughts at the at time, everything that my father said to me was true. I abused the fact that I was signed to my dad's label because it meant that I could do any and everything in my own time. That's not fair to the other artists signed as it puts pressure on them to put an album so that they can keep Banks Records alive.

I have had three years to get my life under control so now I need to go full force with it to ensure that people still remember that she was the queen of music. I was the highest paid female artist at one point in time which set a bar that many have failed because they were never me.

"Why are you always coming for me?" I ask Tyler as Zain goes to socialise with some of the guests at my father's party. "We'll be cool one minute then you're coming for me the next. Why is that?"

Tyler doesn't answer as he shrugs his shoulders.

"There must be a reason." I look into his eyes. "Do you not think I'm right for your brother?"

"It's got nothing to do with my broth-"

"Then what is your issue with me?" I snap and his eyes widen slightly. "What the fuck have I done to you? I need to know because I'm getting married to your brother and I don't want to be dealing with the hateful brother in law act."

"Sometimes I want to hate you but I loved you first." Tyler's words take me by complete surprise. "You probably don't even remember that I met you before my brother did. I would always boast to everyone about meeting my dream girl then Aubs started fucking around with you so I had to step back. I ain't hating on your relationship because it's a beautiful one and you're the best mother to your daughter."

I stare at him wide eyed.

"Whenever I see you smile or..." He throws his arm up in the air. "Or just being happy then I'm reminded of how beautiful I think you are."

"B-but Miracle..." I am truly at a loss of words right now.

"I love Miracle but I care about you." Tyler confesses as he bites down on his lip. "I thought that it was because you were my soon to be sister but I think it's more than that. I'm not settling down with Miracle but I can't hide the feelings that I have for you."

"Why?" I quietly as he pulls me to the side. "Why would you tell me this?"

"You asked." He looks me in the eyes while licking his lips. "I want you, Santana Banks."

"You had all the time in the world to tell me how you felt." I smile sadly. "There were moments when you could have said it all and maybe something could have happened. It's too late now because I have a daughter with your brother and I'm engaged to him."

"Then tell me you don't want me." He backs me into the corner. "Tell me that I'm not what you want and I'll leave you alone."

"Tyler."

My breath hitches as he moves his face close to mine, "Tell me."

"I don't want you, Tyler." 

"Ok." He gulps while backing away. "I'll leave you alone."

A million and one thoughts are rushing through my mind as I look at the man who is soon to be my brother inlaw. I would be lying if I said that I didn't find Tyler attractive but that's normal to be attracted to people, I would never act on it as I am inlove with his brother.

Prior to Tyler getting with Miracle, there was a brief moment that we shared when Aubrey and I had broken up during his tour. He was rumoured to be seeing another model and I didn't want to believe it until I saw the pictures.

Tyler was the one to comfort me during that time and we had a moment that almost had us sharing a kiss. Right now I remember how beautiful I felt as he looked into my eyes while reminding me of why I was bigger than the situation, the way his hands felt as they caressed every curve of mine.

"You're lying." Tyler gets back in my face as we stare into eachother's eyes. "I know you remember the last time that we were in this position, all the unspoken words exchanged between us."

"Don't do this."

"I joked that we could run away to the Bahamas together because I know how much you love the sun, the beach and your privacy." Tyler dips his head and I can feel his breath on my lips. "I know how much you wanted to touch me that night."

There is a part of me that wants to feel Tyler's skin against mine but I'm finally at a good stage in my life and I will not ruin that for a moment that may not mean anything in the end.

"I think that it's time that you leave."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 275 25
Ariana has a Huge crush on Justin, but she doesn't know if he likes her... what will happen if her dad was going to marry his mom? will they act like...
7.7K 123 18
Face it,Santana was done faking who she was.She didn't like Brittany like she wished,she was in love with Sebastian Smythe.She wouldn't admit it to a...
230K 11.8K 74
"Wherever your soul was before, mine was there too." - Hira He's Jackson. But he's also: Daniel. Theodore. Nathan. Nicholas. Zachary. She's Aaliyah...
210K 2.4K 40
Whatever comes to mind 😉😊 Please do not read my book if you are under 14. ********Warning Sexual Content*************** Don't report my book eithe...