Rule breakers // Outerbanks

By Jayxwrts

"No pogue on pogue macking, remember?!" "I hate that stupid rule." An Outberbanks fanfic. JJ Maybank xOC Seas... More

Introduction.
The Pogues
/1/ Pilot
/2/ Pilot
/3/ Pilot
/4/ Pilot
/5/ The lucky compass
/6/ The lucky compass
/7/ The forbidden zone
/8/ The forbidden zone
/9/ Spy games.
/10/ Spy games.
/11/ Midsummers
/12/ Midsummers
/13/ Parcel 9
/14/ Parcel 9
/15/ Dead calm
/16/ Dead calm
/17/ The runaway
/18/ The runaway
/19/ The bell tower
/20/ The bell tower
/21/ The phantom
/22/ The phantom
SEASON 2
/23/ The Gold
/24/ The Gold
/25/ The Heist
/26/ The Heist
/27/ Prayers
/28/ Prayers
/29/ Homecoming
/30/ Homecoming

/31/ The darkest hour

604 8 2
By Jayxwrts

John B got arrested, he was in jail, charged with a death penalty. So to say the Pogues life's were a total wreck would be a great understatement.

With John B in jail, the five of them left tried everything they could to get him out, but is was an impossible game to play.

"I'm gonna testify under oath. I was there. I just need to get a hold of my sister."
Sarah spoke when the group of friends sat on the porch of the chateau, discussing the situation while rain poured down the sky.

"Sister?"
JJ repeated her words, not agreeing with Sarah's plan, probably since he was unable to trust another Cameron, even if it was a thirteen year old girl.

"Kie, do you have your phone?"
Sarah ignored the boy, turning towards Kiara.
"Wheelie is the only other person that knows Rafe wasn't home that day.."

Isla grimaced at her words, she wanted John B out of jail more than anything, but putting Rafe behind bars instead was not the solution either. At least, to her it wasn't. She would never admit that out loud though, knowing none of her friends would agree with her, they all hated Rafe. Isla wished she could hate him as well, but yet she couldn't. In her opinion, the only one to blame for all of it was Ward.

"Wheezie?"
JJ scoffed in disbelief.

"I don't know what else to do. I got us into this mess, I'm gonna do my best to get us out."
Sarah argued, holding Kiara's phone in her hand as she walked into the chateau.

"Wheezie?! Yeah, that will work."
JJ scoffed sarcastically when Sarah was out of sight.
"Well, she's right about one thing; we gotta do something. Our boy is a PO-dub right now, okay? He's held captive by the enemy right now! Maybe even scheduled of execution. And we're just gonna sit here?"

"What's the plan? We start by kidnapping Shoupe?"
Kiara yelled at him, tired of his constant rambling.

"Maybe. Like, That's not the worst idea actually."
JJ replied, earning multiple scoffs and eye rolling from his friends.

"Oh, it's not?"
Kiara remarked.

"No!"

"That is actually the worst idea I've ever heard."
Pope commented, receiving an agreeing nod from Isla.

"It's pretty bad."
Sarah told the boy from inside the house.

"You know what, please, just stay out of this!"
JJ snapped at the girl, who went back to texting her sister.

"Okay, Pope, look, we've been doing everything your way, and how has that been working out?"
JJ started to freak out again, which made Isla stand up next to him, grabbing his arm supportingly, but he just shrugged her off in annoyance.

It was times like these when Isla had no idea what to do with him. She wanted to be there for him, cause she could easily tell he was frustrated, but whenever she did he just shrugged her off exactly like he did now. She tried letting it go, leaving him frustrated on his own, but that usually ended up in bad decisions, like the cat's ass for example.

"Okay, so what's your plan? You gonna storm a jail? Guns a-blazing?"
Pope hovered over the blonde, clearly done with his behavior as well.

"Look Pope, all I'm trying to get you to understand is they got our boy. Are we just gonna sit here and do nothing? No! We're gonna go get his ass. We're gonna do something about it!"
He was looking Pope straight in the eye, yelling out his words as the two girls stood on the sidelines, watching their interaction.

"JJ, we're not storming a jail. It's not happening."
Pope spoke softly, hoping to calm him down.

"No fine man, sit in your comfy chair, do nothing. I'm gonna see what I can do. Make something happen, even if I have to do it by myself."
He scoffed, turning his head to look at Isla.

She just shook her head at him, letting him know she was not on his side for once.
"JJ, please. Let's think of something else before you do something stupid."

"And why would I listen to you? Huh? It's not like you ever come up with a plan."
The look in his eyes while he spoke scared the girl, it was like darkness took over his usual bright blue eyes.

"JJ, we'll think of something okay, the two of us."
Even though his words hurt her, she tried hiding it, telling herself he wasn't being himself.

"I don't need you, I'm perfectly capable of doing this by myself."
JJ scoffed, his words hitting Isla like sharp knives.

"Fine, but don't call me when you need my help after screwing shit up."

"I won't."

And with that, JJ left the chateau by himself, off to work out another stupid plan of his.

Kiara turned to look at her best friend, sadness visible on her entire face.
"You okay?"

"Fine."
She replied harshly, crossing her arms over one another before walking away as well.

Isla went back home, deciding she needed a day off. The whole gold hunting, murderer, John B getting into jail thing was getting to her head and slowly eating her alive. She hardly got any sleep, she only ate one meal a day and hardly had any time to focus on other stuff like school, or her brother.

She hadn't spoken to him since he went into rehab. She promises to call him at least once a week and visit whenever she was able to. But it's been three weeks and he hasn't heard from her since he got there. Isla did feel guilty, but with everything that's been going on, she hadn't been able to find the time.

So now that she took a day off, she decided to give her brother a call. It was a good conversation, not too long, but enough for both of them to know there was no bad blood between them. Alan even confessed he was feeling a lot better and has been clean for three weeks.

After ending their conversation with a satisfied feeling, Isla decided to take a quick shower, washing off all of her thoughts and worries, trying to get herself to calm down.

She was stood in front of the bathroom mirror, applying her day cream wearing just a pair of shorts and a bikini top when all of a sudden a loud noise filled her home.
It wasn't hard for her to recognize the sound, she's heard it a million times before; the engine of a motorbike.

Letting out a deep sigh, she walked towards the front door with a frustrated expression displayed on her face.
"Seriously JJ?! I told you not to both-"

Unable to finish her sentence, she noticed the body that stood in front of her house did not belong to her boyfriend.

"Rafe?"
With scrunched up eyebrows she walked closer to him.
"What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Listen Isla,"
Rafe started speaking, walking closer towards the girl while nervously looking around.
"I wanted to apologize."

Isla scoffed at his words. After all the trouble he's caused her and her friends, he now thought about apologizing. To her of all people?

"For what? For being the reason John B is in jail right now? For killing Peterkin? For shooting Sarah? For almost drowning me in the fucking sewers?!"
Anger filled with every word she spoke, now that she was listing all the things he's done, she almost wanted him to rot in jail as well.

"That was you?"
Rafe asked in shock, his pale gaze softening as he realized that Isla was the one in the sewers that day.

"Yes that was me Rafe!"
Isla cussed in disbelief.

"Fuck."
He muttered, running his hand through his hair in distress.
"I didn't know it was you. If I did, I, I wouldn't have done that."

"It doesn't matter who you thought it was, Rafe, you almost killed someone."
Isla looked him in his eyes, she was not feeling like holding back, he needed to be aware of his actions.

"I'm sorry."
He told her, and she could tell he really meant it, but he caused too much shit for her to ever forgive him.

"So, what are you here for again?"

"The other day with Barry."
He spoke, trying to make eye contact but the girl kept looking away from him.
"I didn't mean for him to do that. We just wanted John B, if I knew you were there-"

"Rafe, you won't make things better by saying I wasn't the one you were meant to hurt. You're still hurting people, and that's not okay."
Isla cut him off, not wanting to hear another word.

"I know, and I want to change I do but my dad-"

"Stop making excuses. Stop trying to make me feel bad. Go find help, and when you get better you get to apologize to me, but not now, not when you're still able to hurt people."
She felt bad for being rude to him, but he deserved it. He needed it.

"Fuck Isla, those Pogues really changed you. What happened to the Isla I used to know?"
Rafe muttered under his breath while hopping onto his bike, not even bothering to wear his helmet as he drove off.

Isla just watched him leave, a deep breath leaving her mouth as she watched him disappear into the distance.

After processing everything that happened with Rafe, Isla prepared some Kraft mac and cheese and was just about to settle down in front of the tv when her phone suddenly rang.

She had been waiting for this phone call all day, knowing it was coming, but still she felt annoyed when the name of her idiotic boyfriend popped up on her screen.

"Thought you didn't need me."
She answered the phone, not even bothering to say hi while shoving a fork into her mouth.

"Yeah yeah, you're right. Just come pick me up? It's an emergency."
JJ rambled from the other side, and even though Isla really wanted him to solve it on his own, she couldn't bare the thought of him getting into trouble.

So she tracked his location and got into her brothers car he luckily left behind to pick JJ up from whatever he was doing.

Driving through the dark empty streets, Isla suddenly noticed an ambulance getting chased by a police car, which confirmed to her JJ was on board of that said ambulance.

"Fuck's sake."
She muttered before driving full speed towards the ambulance, hitting the breaks just when she was about to hit the ambulance.

Earning an angry look from the police officer who drove the ambulance, Isla muttered a quick sorry when she noticed JJ running off into the distance, wearing a white overall.

Isla apologized to the man and drove towards where JJ was hiding behind a tree. She opened the door for him to get into the car before quickly driving off with the boy seated on the passenger seat.

"I'm not even gonna ask."
The girl muttered, not even looking at JJ as he breathed heavily from the seat next to her.

"Look, I busted the wrong guy out of jail. Sue me."
JJ replied, still trying to regain his breath.

"What?!"
Isla now turned around to look at him, a mix of confusion and anger written over her face.
She knew JJ was up to something stupid, but she didn't expect it to be this stupid.

"At least I was trying."
He snapped, rolling his eyes at her in annoyance.

"I told you we could come up with something!"
Isla cursed, annoyed by his reckless behavior, acting as if he could do anything he wanted without getting in trouble for it.
"Why are you always doing such stupid shit?!"

"Well I'm gonna end up in jail anyway, so.."
JJ spoke softly.
"So why does it matter?"

Isla turned to face him again, noticing the hurt expression on his face.
"That's not true J, don't talk like that."

"It is true Isla, I've been in trouble with the cops my whole damn life, I mean look at my dad! I'm not meant to end up some place nice."
JJ's confession broke Isla's heart, tears were formed at the corners of her eyes when she realized how low JJ thought of himself.

"JJ that's not true."
She whispered, trying to come up with the right words.
"As long as you still got me, you won't be getting into jail. I'll make sure of that."

JJ actually genuinely smiled at her words, holding her hand that was placed in between the two front seats.

"I love you."
He told her.

"I love you."
Isla looked at him briefly, noticing the mischievous grin displayed on his mouth.
"But don't pull any more stupid stunts like this. Not without me."

"Deal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 47.9K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 42.5K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 54K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
367K 13.2K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...