Don't Let Me Go [H.S.]

By fruitboylover

I bite my lip, staring at the man in front of me. I haven't seen him in 4 years, but he still brought emotion... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 34

1K 34 1
By fruitboylover

January 18th, 2022

Yesterday we arrived in Los Angeles and took the day to catch up on sleep and spend time as a family. We have super busy week ahead of us. Today we're spending the entire day with a real estate agent looking at houses. Then the rest of the week, Harry and I have to take turns working.

Most likely I'm going to be getting up early to go to the new Luxe building and then when I'm done I'll switch with him to stay with Oliver so that he can go to the studio.

We have to try to find a house and fit in as much work as possible so that we can go back to New York on Saturday.

The only sucky thing about moving back to Los Angeles is that I don't have any family here and  don't really know anyone here anymore, so I don't have anyone really who I would trust Oliver with. I know that once we actually move he'll be in school and I'll find a new nanny, but for now it'll be a little bit of a struggle. Especially taking him to look at houses with us today.

"Ollie bug, c'mon baby. You have to get up." I rub his back in hopes that this time he will actually wake up. I've been trying for about 15 minutes and he absolutely does not want to wake up.

"I want to stay in bed mama" he says quietly with his eyes still closed.

"I know sweet boy, but we have to go look for a house to live in today."

"Can daddy stay with me?"

"No babe, daddy has to come and look at houses too. C'mon my angel, daddy is making you pancakes right now."

At the sound of pancakes he slowly opens one eye to look at me. "He is?" I nod to him and then he shoots out of bed. "Okay mom, I'm up." I laugh at his choice of words and stand up to grab his clothes I picked out for him off of the top of his dresser.

"Lets get you dressed Bub."

He shakes his head "I don't need help mom, I can do it."

I furrow my eyes at him. "Just because you're four doesn't mean you can call me mom and I can't help you get dressed mister."

He giggles and jumps off his bed. He walks over to me and starts pushing me out of his room while he laughs harder. "Be there soon mommy."

I pout at him and nod my head slowly before going to see Harry in the kitchen. "Your son just kicked me out of his room."

He whips his head around to look at me with a grin on his face. "Did he?"

I nod and walk over to him. He turns his attention back to the stove in front of him and I wrap my arms around his waist from behind. "He told me he doesn't need help getting dressed and then pushed me out of his room."

He shifts his body to face me and puts his arms around my neck. "My poor baby" He places a kiss on my nose and then matches my face in a pout. "Does he still not want to go with us?"

I nod "Yeah he asked if you would stay home with him."

He chuckles "Well, I can't do that because then my other love will be mad she has to be alone with the real estate agent all day, but I might have a solution." I furrow my brow at him and wait for him to continue. "I found someone to hang out with him for the day if you're okay with it."

"Who...?"

"What about Niall? He's someone we both know and trust. He has a nephew. And he said he would totally be up for hanging out with him today, I just asked."

"H...I don't know. I haven't seen him in a long time and Ollie has never met him. He might be nervous."

"Okay babe, we don't have to. It was just a thought."

"Let me ask him and see if he'd be comfortable." I let go of Harrys waist and turn around just as Oliver walks into the kitchen.

"Good morning Olls, I made you pancakes." Harry says as he beams at his little twin.

"Thank you daddy!" He runs up to him and wraps his arms around his legs.

"Do you want to help me make the last couple of pancakes?" Oliver looks up at him with a huge smile on his face and nods his head rapidly. Harry picks him up and sets him on his hip as he gives him instructions on what he wants him to do. I quickly snap a picture of them while they're in their own little world together and then head back to our room to finish getting ready.

I head back to the kitchen once I feel presentable enough and Oliver and Harry are setting the table.

Harry looks over at me and smiles. "Look at my beautiful girl."

I feel heat come into my cheeks and look down at my shoes. "Pretty mommy!" Oliver says excitedly.

Harry and I both giggle as I walk over to Ollie and scoop him up. I hug him tightly and kiss all over his face making him giggle. "Thank you my sweet boys."

"Now do daddy mama."

I set Oliver down and then take Harry's face in my hands. I start to kiss all over his face causing Oliver to erupt in laughter. "Thank you baby." Harry kisses my cheek and then pulls out a chair for me to sit in. He pulls out another chair and helps Oliver get in, then he takes a seat.

"Thank you for making breakfast daddy." I put a pancake on Oliver's plate and start cutting it up for him.

"Anything for my loves." Harry says as he starts putting fruit on my plate for me.

"Olls?" I ask and he darts his attention away from the pancakes on his plate and to me. "Bub, if you still don't want to go with us to look at houses today we have a friend that you can hang out with, but only if you want to. You've never met him before."

"Is he nice?"

"Yeah he's really nice. He used to make music with daddy. And I know him and so does auntie Laur."

Harry leans across the table and moves Oliver's curls off his forehead. "You don't have to go though buddy, only if you're up for it."

Oliver grabs his fork and takes a bite of his pancakes while Harry and I give each other a look. "I wanna hang out with your friend."

"Are you sure bug? You're going to be there by yourself. Mom and dad are going to be looking at houses."

He nods "yeah I want to." He pauses to eat more pancakes and then looks across the table at Harry. "Do you think he wants to play with me?"

Harry's grins at him and nods. "Yeah bud I think he will."

Harry sends Niall a text to let him know we'll be dropping him off in about 45 minutes and then we finish breakfast.

When we're done I pack a bag with all the stuff Oliver might need and then grab my purse. I walk over to the front door to see Harry helping Oliver to get his shoes on. When he's done he grabs his car keys off the hook. "Ready angel?"

I bit my lip. "Can we take my car? I ask referring to my Christmas present. Besides running to look at it as soon as we got in yesterday, I haven't been able to see it much. Let alone drive it.

He grins at me and puts his keys back and then grabs mine. "Of course. Do you still want me to drive or..?"

"You can drive there, I'll drive later."

He chuckles at me and nods. "C'mon Ollie, let's get in the car." He extends his hand out to him and the two of them walk out the front door together.

"Wait H, his car seat."

"Already in there baby." God, he's perfect.

I lock up the house and then follow them outside where Harry is already getting Oliver into his car seat. I get into the passenger side and then Harry jumps into the drivers seat. "Everyone buckled and ready?" He asks.

"Ready dad." Oliver says. We both turn to look at him and he has two thumbs up causing us to giggle at him.

The drive to Niall's house is maybe 20 minutes so before I know it we're pulling up to his driveway.

"When's the last time you saw him?" I ask Harry before we get out.

He takes a minute to think. "Eh earlier last year. I think? I don't remember, but we talk every once in awhile. You know I could never stop talking to Nialler."

"Good, I'm happy you still talk to him. And I'm happy he's going to meet Olls."

Harry gets Oliver out of his car seat and I grab his bag. We walk up to his door both holding Oliver's hand on either side. When we get to the door Harry knocks and then three of us wait for the door to open.

When the door swings open it reveals the face of someone who used to be one of my very best friends in the whole world. "Hello everybody." He says smiling at us. "C'mon, come in!" He pulls the door open further and the three of us step in.

"Hey mate, how are you?" Harry asks once we're inside and pulls him into a hug.

Niall laughs. "I'm doing great, pretty much the same. You on the other hand, you have had a lot of changes since the last time I've seen ya." Harry laughs back and then Niall turns his attention to me. "Charlie, it's so good to see you." He pulls me into a hug which I gladly return.

"You too Ni, I've missed you."

Niall then redirects his attention to Oliver who has half of his body hidden behind Harry's leg. Niall crouches down in front of him and waves. "And you must be Oliver?"

Oliver nods at him. "Some- sometimes I like to be called Ollie too..." he says sheepishly. Harry and I look at each and grin.

"That's such a cool name! It's nice to meet you Ollie, my name is Niall. Do you think you'll be okay hanging out with me today?"

Ollie comes out from behind Harry's leg and nods. "Yeah."

"We're gonna have a lot of fun little man." He stands back up and looks at Harry. "Wow, he really is the spitting image of you H."

"I know, it's completely unfair." I say and stick my tongue out at Harry who just laughs.

We move further into the house as I tell Niall all he'll need to know for watching Oliver. Niall also tells Oliver about all the stuff they can do.

Right as we're about to leave Oliver spots something outside and points to it. "Woah!" He says excitedly.

"What is it bub?" I ask him.

"There's a soccer ball." He says with wide eyes causing all of us to laugh.

"Do you want to play with it Oliver?" Niall asks him. Ollie looks up at him sheepishly and nods his head. "Okay, we can play with it under one condition" Ollie looks up at him like he would do anything to play with the ball. "As long as you call it football, we can play." Niall says and smirks causing me to roll my eyes.

"Don't try and brainwash my kid."

"No no he's right, Ollie you have to call it football" Harry joins in.

"I wanna play football!" He yells causing Niall and Harry to cheer.

"Okay bug we're going to go now, are you going to be okay with Niall?" I ask crouching down to his level.

He nods his head rapidly "Yeah mommy I'm gonna play football with Niall" He whispers in my ear.

I giggle and kiss his cheek. "Okay baby, love you so so much"

"love you more mama!"

Harry crouches down to him as well and Ollie throws his arms around his neck. "Love you Ollie, be good, okay?"

"I will daddy, love you" Harry kisses his head and then stands back up and takes my hand into his.

"Thank you so much again Ni, and please call us if you need anything."

"Of course, have fun kiddos!" He says back to us as we reach the door.

"Have fun kiddos!" Ollie yells mimicking Niall and we all laugh.

Once we get into the car to head to the first house I start to feel my nerves kick in that he's going to start freaking out when we're not there.

"Baby? what's wrong?" Harry asks from besides me and grabs my hand. He kisses my palm repeatedly. I must've been digging my nails into my hand and he realized before I even did.

"I'm okay, just a little worried about Olls."

"I think he's gonna be fine my love, he was good when we left."

I look over at him and nod. "I know, you're right. I shouldn't be nervous. He seemed happy with Niall." I give him a soft smile which he returns and then puts his eyes back on the road.

"Right now let's focus on finding us the perfect house." He says causing a huge smile to take over my face.

-----------------------------------

So far we've looked at two houses and we're driving to go to our third. The first two houses were beautiful, but they definitely were not what I envisioned for us. They were way too big and way too modern looking. Both things I absolutely do not want.

We have one more house that we are going to look at today and I'm really hoping this is the one. It's in the Hollywood Hills which is exactly the area I want to live in.

Harry pulls up to the drive way and instantly my breath is taken away at the house that is in front of us. The house is big, but definitely not too big. It looks like it was built sometime between the 30s and 40s and is covered in greenery on some parts of the house. It looks like a big cottage. Which is exactly what I've been wanting, but I haven't been able to put that into words.

I look over at Harry with wide eyes and his eyes are already on me. "Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful." We get out of the car and Harry jogs over to grab my hand. He brings it to his lips and presses three kisses on it. While we're waiting for Sylvie, our real estate agent, I take in more of the house. It's up in the hills so I already know the view from the backyard is going to be incredible. The front of the house is covered in trees and plants making it the perfect amount of shady, but also it has a lot of incredible natural light coming in. There's also a gate at the front of the house which makes me feel a lot better given my extremely famous boyfriend and the fact that my apartment was just broken into.

"Okay everyone! follow me this way!" Sylvie says and leads us into the house. As soon as we walk into the foyer my jaw drops at the sight of everything. To right is a gorgeous staircase that leads to the upstairs. The house has exposed wood everywhere and you can tell that it still has its charm from when it was first built. I hate houses that have been overly remodeled. "This house was built in 1938 and as you can see a lot of the house is still the same from when it was first built. It had been in the same family for over 60 years and they definitely took very good care of the home..."

I do my best to listen to every fact she has to give about the house, but really all I can think about is us making this our home.

After she gives us a quick rundown of all the little facts about the neighborhood and the house itself, Harry starts to ask her questions just like he did at the first two houses. "So how many bedrooms is it?"

"It's 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms."

"Okay and how many garages?"

"It's a three car garage and you could also fit three in the drive way as well."

He continues asking her a couple more questions, but I really just want to keep exploring the house. I make my way upstairs and go into the biggest room first, this one would be mine and Harrys. The first thing that my eyes flit over to is the balcony. I walk outside and the view is absolutely breathtaking. The room is probably a little big for us, but maybe thats not necessarily a bad thing. We both have a lot of stuff. After I leave that room I go into another one that would probably be Olivers. There's two huge windows at the back of the room that I know he's going to be obsessed with. Especially since there's a big tree outside of the windows and if he's anything like my brother, he's going to be obsessed with climbing that tree one day.

After leaving that room I go into the one closest to what would be mine and Harrys room. Its a little smaller than Olivers room, but as soon as I walk into it I feel something wash over me.

There's a big window on the side of the room. The ceiling in this room is more vaulted due to the shape of the house. The walls are painted a shade of light pink. It's not exactly the shade I would've picked, but I still love it nonetheless. And that's why paint exists.

"Hi pretty girl." I hear from behind me and two arms snake around my waist.

I turn around so I can face him and cup his cheeks with my hands. I peck his lips and then pull back to look at his smiling face. "I love this house H."

He giggles "I know you do."

"Like I think this might be the one."

He leans in and presses a kiss to my nose "Yeah?"

I nod. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, I think it would be perfect for us."

"You don't think its maybe a little too big? That's my only worry."

He shrugs his shoulders "No, I think that no matter what happens with our family, we will definitely find a use for everything around here." Our family.

"Yeah I think you're right."

"This room is really cute" He says as he takes it all in.

"Yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with it." I shift back around in his arms again and lean my head against his chest as we look out the window in the little room.

"It's kind of the perfect room for a baby." He says quietly in my ear and then kisses it softly.

"It is the perfect room for a little baby." I say quietly and then lean back to kiss his shoulder.

I definitely think we've found the one.

This chapter is sooo special to me <3 I posted what I'm kinda envisioning the house to look like on my Twitter!! So definitely go check it out @/fruitboylover.
I loveeee hearing y'all's thoughts on things soooo pleaseeee keep commenting hehe. Love y'all!!❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

861K 19.6K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 35.6K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
425K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
124K 4.4K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...