Teddy Bear//The Riot Club

By aspiringlover622

And it's all fun and games Till somebody falls in love But you already bought a ticket And there's no turning... More

𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

253 12 4
By aspiringlover622

꧁༒☬~~~~~☬༒꧂

𝙲𝚎𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

"ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʀɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ 

ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ 

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ 

ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɪꜱꜱ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴀʀ 

ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇ 

ɪ'ᴠᴇ ꜱᴇᴇɴ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ."

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ~~~ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘉𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵

Olivia rubbed her hands together, shoving them in her pocket. For someone who valued punctuality, Hugo and Miles were fifteen minutes late. She leaned further into the wall behind her and smiled uncomfortably at the couple passing by her. They were the ones who invited her to dinner. She shouldn't be the one left waiting.

This was one of the five dinners Olivia had this week. Dinner two was with Harry and his uncle, followed by Harry, James, Selena, and her parents. Then dinner with James and his family, and then the club dinner concluding the week. Olivia was never known for her patience, so as the clock approached twenty minutes, Olivia thought about getting up and leaving.

"Liv!"

Speak of the devil, and he shall arrive. Olivia pursed her lips, her eyes narrowing into a glare. Miles stood at the bottom of the stairs, Hugo a few paces behind him. "You're late!" She snapped. Miles smiled guiltily. "That's my fault. I can't read a map," he said. Olivia rolled her eyes. She was freezing cold. She turned on her heels and walked into the restaurant, mumbling under her breath, "Can't read a map, my ass."

Miles looked back at Hugo. "She's in a cheerful mood," he said.

Hugo fixed his jacket and walked up the stairs. "Something with Selena," he explained.

Miles didn't quite understand, but he didn't say anymore.

The restaurant was nice, something out of an old movie. Olivia was already sitting at a table, peering at the menu. Miles took a seat across from her, and Hugo took a seat next to him.

"I finally got my room clean. Thanks for that, by the way."

"You're so welcome." Olivia placed the menu down. "She literally thinks I'm going to die in the next week or so! And is making it my problem."

"Wouldn't it be your problem?" Miles asked.

"No, I'm going to be dead. It's going to be your boys' problem. Oh, guess who I got a call from last night out of the blue last night?"

"Who?"

"Fucking Sebastian out of the blue. I thought it was a joke, to be honest."

Hugo started laughing. "Fuck," he said. "What did he want?"

Olivia clicked her tongue. "I have no idea. I hung up as soon as he said hello. I was tired, and I was playing lover boys' marriage counselor."

Miles was ultimately utterly confused. He figured it had something to do with the club, but Olivia or Hugo weren't filling him in.

"Anyway, suit fitting is Thursday, around 6:30 ish. It will be in Hugo's room. I'll stop by later. I got dinner with James' parents, so I'll stop by after."

Miles nodded. The dinner was supposed to be something unforgettable.

↤↤↤↤↤ ~~~~~ ↦↦↦↦↦

𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘉𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵

Jeremy Villiers was no stranger to ghosts. He'd had one following him around for the last thirty years. Dinner was set around the table, and he was just about to call everyone down to dinner when he saw him out of the corner of his eye. Leaning against the wall in his three-piece suit. A three-piece suit that had a red stain near the heart. Jeremy took a deep breath and fixed the silverware. He was still there. Jeremy rubbed his eyes. He was still there.

"You're not real," Jeremy mumbled. "You're not real."

Samuel cocked his head, stretching his mouth into a teasing grin. He walked forward. Jeremy picked up a knife. He didn't know why. He should put it down. Samuel was in front of him. Jeremy should have been able to feel his breath. He didn't.

"Jeremy," Samuel whispered. "Put it down."

It was dark. They and the rest of the club were in the back room of an expensive tavern. Plates and cups were shattered. The club was split in two. Samuel was in his grasp, shouting to be let go. Jeremy released him. He shouldn't have. He should've gripped onto his best friend and not let him go. He was the president. He should've put a stop to it. He didn't.

A steak knife was in the other person's grasp. It was jabbed into Samuel's chest. There was silence, and Samuel was slowly turning around to face him, stumbling into his awaiting arms. "It's alright," he laughed or cried. Jeremy couldn't remember. "Take it out, alright. It's okay."

He shouldn't have. But he did. The knife clattered to the floor. The room was silent except for heavy breathing. Samuel sagged into his chest, and Jeremy lowered him to the ground. Somebody was shouting, and Jeremy could only watch as the light in Samuel's eyes dimmed. Smaller and smaller, then gone. Like a flame snuffed out.

Arms were around his chest, pulling him out of the room. Samuel could have still been alive, but if he was, he died alone. His body was found in the morning. His family found out in the afternoon. No one was charged, and no one was questioned. It was swept under the rug, no matter what anyone did. The killer walked free.

"Jeremy?"

He blinked.

"Jeremy?"

Samuel was in front of him, but he wasn't. It was Olivia.

"Jeremy," Olivia whispered, "put it down."

"What?"

Olivia gestured toward the knife still in his grasp. "The knife. You're going to cut yourself, old man. You alright?"

Jeremy let the knife fall back onto the table. He nodded. "Yeah, just lost in a memory."

Olivia didn't look convinced, but she didn't say anything else. "Is dinner ready?" She asked instead.

"Yes. I was just about to call you kids down."

Olivia did it for him. He took a seat, with Olivia next to him. Harry and Grace sitting across from him.

Jeremy didn't see his ghost for the rest of the night. Not until he was two bottles in and sobbing on his knees later in the night.

↤↤↤↤↤ ~~~~~ ↦↦↦↦↦

𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘉𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵

James wasn't impulsive. He planned everything out on the dot. Nothing to surprise him. But the ring in his pocket had to be the most impulsive thing he has ever done. But it was Olivia, and nothing with her was planned. It was all spontaneous and maddening. She was addicting, and she confused and challenged him, currently letting him squeeze the life out of her hand as they sat across from her parents.

He had met her dad, and her dad liked him. But that was when they were friends. They were dating now, and James felt like he was staring at the barrel of a shotgun. But it couldn't be worse than the gaze Jasper Atwood was giving Harry. If James was staring at the barrel of a shotgun, Harry was staring at the barrel of an assault rifle.

It was probably the most awkward dinner that James has ever been to. But Nicole Atwood had this way of ignoring tension and talking like they were all best friends. "I am just so glad that you asked my daughter out, James. Finally!" Nicole gushed.

James smiled, reaching for his glass of wine. He could really use a smoke right now.

"And Harry, it was so nice of you to join us. You and Selena just look so cute at the dance!"

Selena sank into her seat. "Yes, it was so nice of you to invite him without any of us knowing, mother," she grumbled.

"Oh, hush, Selena, I wouldn't have to if you had invited him!"

"I am just grateful for the invitation. Thank you, Mrs. Atwood," Harry cut in.

"Of course, dear. You know, me and Jasper knew your father and uncle. How are they?"

Jasper got out of his seat, knocking the chair back as he stormed out of the restaurant. James exchanged glances with Olivia, who got out of her seat. "Daddy!" She proclaimed, following him out. The floor swallowing him up seemed great about now.

James went after Olivia, leaving the rest of the table behind. She didn't go far, murmuring to her father. He lingered a few feet away from them, deciding to let the father and daughter talk. He didn't have to wait long, as Olivia soon walked away from her father and towards him.

"Go inside. It's cold. I'll talk to him," James muttered.

"You sure."

"Yeah."

Olivia leaned up and kissed his cheek before walking back into the restaurant.

"Are you going to marry her?" Jasper questioned, motioning James over to him.

"Sir?"

Jasper let out a laugh. "A good father always knows. You have my blessing if you are planning to. Just wait for both of you to get out of college before you do get married, alright." James reached a hand into his pocket, feeling the weight of the ring in his hand—the weight of his future. It still seemed heavy. James didn't think it was ever going to be light, even when the ring was on her finger.

"Will do, sir. Thank you."

↤↤↤↤↤↦↦↦↦↦

She was asleep right now. On her side, her hair sprawled out behind her. The ring was on his bedside table. It was weird that his entire future resided in a small rock. The only light was the glow from the moon. James carefully reached into his bedside table and took out the box, opening it with great care.

"I don't think George would like that kind of stone. He's more of an emerald kind of person."

James snapped the box closed and looked down. Olivia laid on her back, holding her hand up. "You really should have waited a few more seconds before talking with my dad," she said.

James must've figured he looked like a gaping fish because Oliva started giggling.

"James, do you want to marry me?"

"You're killing me right now."

"Is that a no?"

James blinked. He blinked again. Not a dream. "This is supposed to be the other way around. With me on my knees. Not in bed at two in the morning."

"Sorry to ruin your plan. Does it matter? It's a yes, anyway."

Once again, Olivia Atwood was a complete challenge that James didn't think he was ever going to win. He took the ring and slipped it on her finger. Olivia held it up to the moonlight. "It's pretty," she remarked.

"You're very confusing."

"Thank you. Night."

And she was asleep again. James pinched himself just to make sure he was awake. He was. And he has never been more confused in his life.

↤↤↤↤↤ ~~~~~ ↦↦↦↦↦

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘉𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵

Genetics are a funny thing. A person could look exactly like a family member with just a few little changes. Annie Leighton watched her nephew's girlfriend or fiance now from that ring on her finger. Olivia looked just like him, but with darker skin. She laughed just like him, too. He's been dead for years, and Annie could still hear his laughing and shit-eating grin.

James looked happy—the happiest she has ever seen her nephew. His arm was resting over the back of her chair. Annie took a sip of her wine. "So, Olivia, tell us, what are you majoring in?" Cecilia Leighton-Masters, her sister, asked. Olivia put down her silverware, leaning back in her seat.

"Law, ma'am," she answered.

"Very adventurous. It's a very hard field to be successful in," Annie said. She was tipsy, but it was the only way she could get through this dinner without crying. "Especially for a woman."

"Aunt," James warned.

"It's fine. I like the challenge. I don't plan on being a housewife. My uncle wanted to be a lawyer. I'm just following in his footsteps," Olivia spoke with grace and dignity. She would make a talented lawyer.

"Let's just hope you don't follow completely in his footsteps. Excuse me." Annie pushed away from the table and walked outside.

Jeremy Villers wasn't the only one being haunted by a ghost. His jacket in her room told that story. No matter what, Annie would never forget the boy. Even if she wanted to. She couldn't.

↤↤↤↤↤↦↦↦↦↦

Olivia cursed her timing when she entered Hugo's room. Olivia would bet on that if she entered the room, a few minutes later, she would walk in on her best friend and ex-fling having sex. Which was something she was rooting for.

But she would never tell Hugo and Miles that.

Both boys were staring at each other when she walked in, still dressed in her black cocktail dress. It took them a few seconds to realize she was in the room. When they did, Hugo quickly looked away, choosing to look down at his feet while Miles smirked.

"You look great, Milo," Olivia said, taking off her jacket.

Miles peered at her through the mirror. "Thank, Liv. You look great too."

Olivia hummed, glancing in the mirror, and posed. Hugo poured three glasses of wine, smiling into the cup.

"Everything good?" Olivia questioned.

"Yeah. It's all good," Miles responded.

He and Hugo avoided eye contact.

Olivia was already making predictions on when they would finally get together.

"Is the suit all right?"

"Only a few adjustments need to be made. Should be done by tomorrow," Hugo said, handing them both a wine glass.

Olivia clicked her tongue and swallowed the glass. "As much as I would love to stay. Selena is acting like a paranoid parrot and won't leave me alone. So I gotta go get another glass reading from her to prove I'm not going to die within the week."

Olivia grabbed her jacket, hugging Hugo before she left. "Use a condom," she giggled.

Hugo rolled his eyes and pushed her from the room. "Hilarious," he said.

"It is. I'll be your best woman if you'll be my man of honor. Though you might have to fight Selena for it. But a double wedding is still in the picture."

"You're an insane person."

"Am I?" Olivia teased, holding up her hand.

"Oh, fuck."

"Bye boys!" Olivia ducked out of the room and down the hallway, not stopping when Hugo yelled at her.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ~~~ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

No comment. Only three ish chapter left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 349 59
A tell of two people you would never think to be together falling in love.
71.2K 2.1K 17
- 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐑 𝑎𝑛 𝑒𝑑𝑚𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑛 𝑑𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝�...
129K 3.1K 49
I'll love you today, tomorrow, and every day after.
255 25 13
Is it a love or a lust?