Afterfalls - A New Summer - B...

By Marbles_TheGhost

Updated Mondays // Hiatus End !!! !! Unfinished Cover !! For the fans of Gravity Falls who just couldn't get... More

Chapter Two - Syrupy Sweet
Chapter Three - Carnival of Terror
Chapter Four - Deleted
Chapter Five - Diminishing Discourse
Chapter Six - Mucus Monster
Chapter Seven - Never-Ending Night
Chapter Eight - Chaos, Chaos!
Chapter Nine - Dead Dates
A/N
Hiatus.
Chapter Ten - Clone Party
Chapter Eleven - Seeing Things in Black and White
Chapter Twelve - Shapeshifter VS Shapeshifter
Chapter Thirteen - CHAAAAPS

Chapter One - Leafy Road

34 3 4
By Marbles_TheGhost

A quick A/N before you get to reading, if you haven't read the description already. This is my first book on here, so I hope you enjoy this :) I did not write this alone, this was a group effort (6 people including myself) that was founded on 10/12/21. Any support given is highly appreciated!! It starts off slow but that's just the exposition, things take a turn pretty quickly, so don't leave yet! NOW GO READ !!!

***

*A golf cart zooms by with four girls inside. A giant tree monster follows them.*

Ivy (Narrating): Hi! I'm Ivy. I'm the one in the passenger seat looking through my journal.

*The angle shifts to a girl flipping through a journal nervously*

Ivy (Narrating): The one driving like a maniac is Evie, my bestie.

*The angle shifts again to a girl throwing golf clubs at the monster while driving with her foot.*

Evie: HAND ME EVERY GOLF CLUB YOU'VE GOT!

*It shifts to a girl in the back screaming.*

Ivy (Narrating): That's Gwen. She doesn't do well under pressure.

Gwen: TAKE THIS, YOU TREE JERK!

*Gwen throws leaves at the tree monster. It growls louder.*

Evie: THAT ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE!

*The angle shifts again to a girl trying to stay on the back of the golf cart talking to Steve (as she called it), with a pen and notepad in hand.*

Noelle: So... Steve, why are you chasing us?

Evie: NOELLE STOP TALKING TO IT! IT'S A DEMON AND YOU KNOW THAT!

Ivy (Narrating): Evie attempted to drive us out of the woods. Badly. Let's just say that it didn't end well. First, we should rewind a bit, to when we first came upon this town.

***

*A bus is driving through a place which seems to be in the middle of nowhere. Even in summer, you can't catch a break.*

Gwen (Muttering): This summer is going to be so boring.

Evie: Yeah, there's nothing to do at all!

Gwen: Hey wait, where's Ivy? She is amazing at almost getting us killed!

Evie: Wait, is that Ivy?

*The angle shifts to Ivy staring out of the window. She is wearing a gray hoodie to hide her face.*

Gwen: Wait, that is.. IVY!

*Gwen waves to her friend from the back.*

Ivy (Muttering): Oh great, what do I do! Think Ivy, think, use your brain for once!

*The two girls walk over to their friend's bus seat. Ivy pulls the strings of her hoodie tighter, they now completely cover her face.*

Gwen: Hey howdy whatcha doing girl-

Evie: Where ya going Ivy~

*Evie pokes her face.*

Ivy: Uhm . . . nowhere in partic—

Gwen: YOU, SIR, ARE A LIAR!

*Gwen says on top of the seat, pointing a pencil at Ivy.*

Evie: WE CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL.

*Ivy adjusts her hood so that only her eyes are visible and bats the pencil away.*

Ivy: Jeez, chill guys. You two are more insane than a pack of cheese buds.

Evie: How DARE you, sir, call US CHEESE BUDS.

*Gwen looked away dramatically with her hand on her forehead and shed a fake tear.*

Evie: Now Gwen's upset—how do you plead?

Ivy takes off her hood, revealing some messy hair.

Ivy: Uhm, innoguilty . . ?

Gwen perks up and turns to her with a smug face.

Gwen: Correct answer, you win: oxygen. But to claim it, you must tell us why you're here.

Ivy, Slowly: No reason . . . just—uh—traveling?

*Evie takes the pencil off of Gwen and squints.*

Evie: Sure . . .

Ivy, Defeated: Alright, fine. Every summer I go to Oregon and work in a gift shop for money. I don't go on vacation for a long time, like I always say . . .

Gwen: And why would you need money?

*Ivy pauses.*

Ivy: Definitely not for Skittles. Nope. Not at all.

Evie: Well, I guess we should fess up too. We're going to something called the Russian Welcome for a while. I heard there's also something next to it called the Mystery Sh—

Ivy: Uhm, what, nope, I suddenly can't hear you!

*Evie and Gwen look at each other, then to Ivy.*

Gwen (Smugly): You work there, don't you?

Evie: That's great! Now we can get a 100% discou—

Ivy: Yes, I do. AND EVIE I AM SMUGGLING NOTHING OUT FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY.

*Evie holds out a fifteen-pack of Skittles.*

Ivy: Okay, maybe I can smuggle out a few things for you guys . . . but we still have an hour until we arrive. So, how will we spend the time?

Ivy, Narrating: We decided to throw glitter all over the bus driver. He made us walk. Luckily, we were only two minutes away. Gwen and Evie checked in at the Russian Welcome and I went over to the Mystery Shack after they were ready.

***

*Evie and Gwen barge into the Mystery Shack.*

Gwen: OH, IVY!

Evie: WE'RE HERE

Ivy: AH-

?: Hey, keep it down will ya? I'm tryna scam people over here!

*A man comes from the shadows, it's some old dude . . (Grunkle Stan)*

Stan: Ivy, get back to work!

Ivy: Y-yes Stan!

*Ivy gets back to restocking the gift shop, Stan walks out of the room.*

Evie: Hey Ivy, who is the grumpy old dude? And also, where is the cash register? I'm gonna rob this place, heh.

*Gwen looks at the bobbleheads.*

Evie: ... and maybe steal some of those bobbleheads.

Gwen: Evie!

*Gwen elbows Evie.*

Gwen: We aren't here to steal, we are here to say hi to Ivy.

*Stan walks back in the room, talking to a girl.*

Stan: –and those are the basics for working here. Do whatever makes me money. Now, go work at the cash register!

*Stan nudges the girl towards the counter.*

?: Alright, alright! I'm only taking this job so I can spend my free time. Got nothing else going on.

Stan: Hey kid, what was your name again?

Noelle: Noelle. *mumbling* forgetful old man...

Ivy: Stan, did you just hire another kid?

Stan: Look kid, whatever can make me money belongs here. And Noelle insists that she can manage this place aside from "spending free time," whatever that means.

*Gwen and Evie look at Noelle.*

Ivy: Guys, c'mon kids working here is common.

Evie: No, she just seems... !

*Evie realizes something.*

Evie: Wait, NOELLE?!

Noelle: Huh? EVIE!!!

*Noelle runs from behind the counter and gives Evie a big ol' hug.*

Noelle: I'm so glad to see you!

Gwen: CHILD LABOR!

*Evie backhands Gwen.*

Evie: Shush Gwen!!

Noelle: So how are you doing?

Evie: Well I just robbed a gas stati—I mean Gwen and I found Ivy here on a bus and we followed her here!

*As they continue to chat, two twins barge into the small shack. One was a male with a flannel shirt, dirty sweatpants, and a fuzzy hat. The girl was wearing a shooting star sweater with spots of glitter glue, a pink headband, and rainbow braces.*

Noelle: *freezes in place* ahahahah... H-Hi Dipper and Mabel.

Stan: Eh?! KIDS?!

Ivy: y e e h a w

Stan: KIDS!! :D

Twins: Grunkle Stan!!!

*They run up to Stanley and give him hugs.*

Stan: NOELLE, IVY, GET BACK TO WORK!

Both Ivy and Noelle: YES STAN-!

*Mabel and Dipper run upstairs and unpack their stuff.*

Stan: Hey, all four of you, (Noelle Ivy Gwen and Evie) go find some stuff in the woods for me to make things out of. You can take the golf cart. Now go. AND YOU AREN'T ALLOWED BACK IN UNTIL YOU GET ME THOSE MATERIALS!

Ivy: Well then, we better get going, a m   i   r i g h t ?

*Stan pushes them out the door.*

Stan: The golf cart is out back. NOW GET GOING!

*He slams the door shut*

***

*After an hour they had everything that they needed.*

Ivy: Gwen, go get our bags, you're not carrying anything!

*Gwen turns around, stands for a minute, and picks up a rock*

Gwen: Are you saying that Gaylord II is nothing!?!?!

*Everyone stares in disbelief that Gwen said that. Noelle, breaking the silence, picks up a branch and throws it at Gwen's head. It hits her in the forehead.*

Gwen: OW! Okay meanie :-:

*While the others wait in the golf cart, Gwen somewhat deep into the forest and grabs some bags off of a log. She looks at a tree and sees a shiny pink leaf on a tree*

Gwen: OH! Shiny :0

*She runs over to the tree and rips the leaf off. A deep growl is heard throughout the forest. She turns around in a Caveman Spongebob meme form and looks slowly at the tree. It has angry eyes and mouth. We now show the group at the golf cart, waiting for Gwen.*

Evie (In the driver's seat): If she doesn't hurry up, I'm sending Ivy in a donut costume!

Ivy (In the passenger seat): W-why in a donut c-costume :-:

Noelle (In the back): Because you look BEAUTIFUL in sprinkles!

Gwen (In the distance, running towards the cart): EVIE START THE CART!!!!!

*Gwen climbs on the back of the cart, throwing Noelle's bag at her face. She almost falls off the cart but grabs on to the rail. Gwen places herself on the roof.*

Gwen (Banging on the roof with a golf club): EVIE GO GO GO!!!!

Evie: JOKESUS CHRI—WHY?

*Steve runs through the woods, pushing trees out of his way*

Evie: Oh that's why :)....... OH THAT'S WHY!!! <:0

*Evie drives off while Gwen struggles to stay on. Steve chases after them.*

Ivy (Narrating): And this is where we left off. I can't really remember what happened next though. So I'll just follow along with you guys. :)

*It cuts to the beginning with the girls still driving from Steve.*

Ivy: HURRY WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!

*Steve gets close enough to the cart to flip it over with his hand, sending the girls flying. They land near the Shack. The cart flies through the roof.*

Stan (From inside the Shack): WHO DROVE MY CART INTO MY ROOF?!?!? Eh, I'm not cleaning this up.

*The girls are scattered on the ground covered in scratches. Steve closes in on the girls.*

???: HEY.......... BARK FACE!

*A voice calls Fred from his right. It's Mabel with a bedazzle gun.*

Dipper (On his left with a memory eraser gun): Yeah you.... Quercus robur! (scientific name for oak tree :D)

*An epic battle ensues.*

Noelle (Coming out of the gift shop with a handful of snow globes and starts throwing them at Steve): L-leave us alone! (The snow globes shattered upon impact)

Stan: MY SNOW GLOBES!

Gwen (Tossing golf balls at Steve, for she ran out of golf clubs): TAKE THIS!

*BONK! One hits Steve's face*

Steve: ... *growls*

Ivy: JUST GREAT. YOU MADE THINGS WORSE!

Mabel (Firing her bedazzle gun): GET BEDAZZLED, TREE JERK!

Dipper (Trying to get the memory gun to work): C'mon, c'mon!

Mabel: My bedazzle gun isn't working! It's just making him prettier!

Dipper (finally got the memory gun to work): Finally-

*Steve crushes the memory gun*

Dipper: OH CMON!

*Dipper pulls out the leaf blower and puts it in reverse and points it at Steve.*

Steve: *frightened growls*

*The leaf blower starts sucking up all of Steve's leaves*

Noelle: Woah...

Mabel: Great going Dip!

Evie (Still in the golf cart): Uh, good job guys.

Ivy: WOOOOOO

Gwen: Haha, YES!

*Steve, now with golf ball holes in his face, covered in gem sticker thingies, missing his leaves and has glass shards in his roots, sits down and starts whimpering like a dog*

Noelle: Awwh, *she walks up to him and starts picking out the glass shards* It's okay, Steve, right?

*Steve nods*

Noelle: You were just defending yourself weren't you.

*Noelle finishes picking out the glass shards and Steve nods again.*

Noelle: So were we...

Gwen: WHY ARE YOU BEING NICE TO IT???

Mabel (She starts to pick off the effects from the bedazzle gun of hers): Sorry, we just panicked. This might hurt though.

Dipper: *sigh* Well, time to go tell Ford the memory gun is broken. Again-

Evie (Climbing down from the roof of the golf cart): Is everyone alright?

Noelle: I'm okay.

Ivy: I'm good.

Gwen: I am not okay

Mabel: Doin' good!

Dipper: Eh, more or less.

Stan: WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY FRONT YARD?!?!

*Stuff has been snapped in half, stuff has fallen over, the golf cart falls off the roof, leaving a crater in it*

Stan: SOOS! Get your butt out here and clean this mess up, and WENDY! Fix the sign!

*The sign has a giant crack down the middle. The S in "Mystery Shack" falls off the sign*

Ivy: Heh, now you've got an honest workplace.

*Two Mystery Shack workers come out, presumably Wendy and Soos*

Soos: On it!

Wendy: Fine...

Noelle: I'm going inside-

???: Dipper! How is the memory gun holding up?

Stan: Oh dear lord... *facepalm*

*A figure walks outside and sees the mess outside and the giant tree monster, they look like Stan but if he were smarter.*

Dipper: Great uncle Ford! Uh, well, this tree monster kinda smashed the memory g—

Ford: What on Earth happened here??

Evie: Tree monster.

Mabel: BEDAZZLE GUN!

Noelle: Snow globes.

Gwen: Golf clubs.

Ivy: Golf carts.

Ford: *looks at the roof* This place really needs fixing up...

Noelle (She walks up to Ford): Wait a minute, haven't you stopped by my parents' restaurant?

Ford: Depends. What's the name?

Noelle: The Russian Welcome. Mainly because my family comes from Russia—

Ford: Ah, yes! You were the waiter correct?

Noelle: Mhm.

Ford: Hmm... *looking at Noelle, up and down* You seem like a smart kid. No offense to Dipper, but I could use more assistants. Would you like to maybe help out?

Noelle: Sure! Why not!

Ivy: Wait, what about us!?!

*Ivy points to Evie and Gwen, both stupid expressions on their faces.*

Ivy: We went through heck and back!

*Stan, now in a business suit, walks over to the girls in his best business face.*

Stan: You girls DO deserve something for risking your lives. How about a job for the summer?

Ivy (Pushing Evie towards Stan): Evie, you know what to do. -___-

*She straightens her tie and puts on her best business face.*

Evie: Now see here Mr. Stan is it? You can boss all of them around all you like, but as a fellow person of business, I want to know health benefits, dangers, pay, and don't you DARE try to lie to me! I did not learn how to lie through a lie detector test and learn how to pick locks and pockets FOR NOTHING! So let's make a deeeeaaaaaaaal. +-+

*Stan and Evie argue about business stuff in the background, while Mable and Dipper walk up to the girls.*

Dipper: So I'm going to guess you three are staying for the summer? =-=

Gwen: Evie and I are checked into the Russian Welcome down the street so yeah. And we checked in Ivy with us! :D

Ivy: WAIT, WHAT?!??! >:0

Mabel: DIPPER! WE CAN HAVE MORE PEOPLE FOR FIGHTING MONSTERS!!!!!!!!

*Mabel starts fighting the air. She, then, starts losing. She lays down on the grass, acting like she's dead.*

Mabel: Avenge..... mE.. Bleh x-x

Dipper: Can you help me carry her inside please? =___=

*The girls nod and pick up Mabel by her arms. Dipper grabs her legs and they carry her inside. Evie and Stan are still arguing. Then, a red dot blinks in the woods. We slowly zoom into the woods where the dot is. It's a small plushie of a girl. It shows a camera in the eye. We zoom in on its eye and we see Stan and Evie shaking hands in agreement, both crossing their fingers behind their back.*

(1607 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 4.1K 125
All ten members of the Cipher Wheel are now inside Gravity Rises. Ideally, that would mean the end of Bill Cipher - but the demon has plans of his ow...
169K 6K 15
Let's say that Dipper never went to gravity falls, but everything else still happens. Mabel defeated Bill with the rest of the town. There both 17...
400K 14.9K 30
His whole life, Dipper has found no purpose in himself. All he ever is is the ground that everyone else is stepping on while he tries his best to ple...
27.2K 1K 15
Dipper and Mable the twin heirs to their Grunkles thrones. Mabel is excited to be in the throne, ruling and hosting balls. Dipper is less excited, fo...