DUSK TILL DAWN ✔️ (Preview)

By aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2023. All rights reserved. Madina, the skillful pilot got hired to work for the most notorious for... More

Author's Note/Aesthetics
2- Ikigai
3- Sisu
4- Aviatrix
5- Arcane
6- Nunchi
7- Eccedentesiast
8- Dalliance
9- Munificence
10- Saudade
11- Hiraeth
12- Sorin
13- Egregious
14- Rantipole
15- Nemesism
16- Alexithymia
17- Whelve
18- Ephemeral
19- Aerumnous
20- Cafuné
Author's Note!
Glimpseee of Whispers of Enchanté
Available on Selar!

1- Metanoia

2.1K 258 11
By aishatu_xx

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم.

Nobody tells you just how loud the sound of silence is. At that moment, she felt like she could hear everything and nothing at the same time.

Madina Adamu Sambo curled herself into a small ball as she recalled the satisfying moment she's had just few hours ago. She is so glad she's gone through with her threats because it was delightful and pleasurable. It was worth all the troubles and challenges.

She shouldn't be this happy about what she's done since she couldn't tell her friend what about it thought it was meant for her. It was just a little revenge she's been plotting to get back at someone who's made her friend go through hell.

When she orchestrated and ordered for expensive set of thugs to go beat the crap out of Abbas again, she was ecstatic when a picture of Abbas Bāmanga Tukur beaten to a pulp and unconscious on the ground looking like the homeless douchebag he's always been. The ungrateful prick was wearing expensive kaftan probably because of the favor her friend did to him.

After everything he's done to her best friend, Mariam, Madina had promised to make him pay for it. He should be lucky there is a baby between the two of them and Mariam loves her husband more than anything in the world. Things could've been much worse if not for that.

When she found out that Mariam was in coma months ago, Madina had almost lost it. Everyday she makes fresh vows on how she wanted to see him suffer. He's fallen in love with Mariam but he's made her go through hell because she was so obsessed with him. He doesn't deserve Mariam. Not in this life or next.

Had anything happened to Mariam, Madina took an oath to make his life miserable and she was not kidding.

Madina had already started making plans on how to make sure he is thrown into streets by his own family. She'd do anything she can to make sure of that. That job he is proud of as a Navy Officer, a Commander at that, it would've flopped too. She's already talked to the right people, in the right ears.

She would've set fire in any possession he had. His car, that little boy's quarters in his parent's home. Then go ahead to wipe out every single cent he has from his bank account after making sure he got robbed of course.

She's even went far into planning on how she's going to pay a doctor to diagnose him with some illness he won't ever recover from. Illness that'll need expensive medical treatment or surgery he cannot afford. That is how deplorable she could be.

The forlorn and calamitous life she's charted out for him was eerily dark. He should thank his lucky stars that Mariam is awake and looks fucking happy too. Her smile wider than any Madina had ever seen. Happiness carved into her bones like she was born with it.

Perhaps. But that is something Madina cannot relate to.

Their little baby boy, Faheem, is also another reason why she withdrew all those kidnappings, manipulated illness and other robbery. She would've stripped him to nothing like he's planned to do to her friend.

He's done something good in his other life to be this fortunate. To be able to escape such ominous tough times.

Her phone rang then, yanking her off her lonely debate. It was a call from Mariam who's currently in Katsina but will come live in Abuja after a few months. She even made sure the guy got freaking promoted in his line of work.

"Hello, Mummy Faheem! Already missing your best best friend? Or is my godson crying for his godmother?" Madina's smile was empty but she's always kept it on her lips all the time.

It's an armor. Not a single soul could see through it.

A scoff came from the other end of the line -it was typical Mariam Abdou Baldé scoff. "Don't start by roaring in my ears now. I called to ask when you're coming back here. There are-"

"I knew it! You missed me!" Madina cut her off before she could finish. She knew she could be annoying and relish on that when it comes to Mariam. The girl was too uptight.

Mariam shuffled around, cacophony of different kind filled her ears. "Shut the f- eff up, Madina! There are things I want you to take with you just in case if the moving team won't be careful with them."

Madina could not help the smile that tilted the edges of her lips. One might say she's pretty much just a means to Mariam's end but deep down, Madina loves that Mariam thinks about her when doing stuff like this. Which means they are friends. Something Mariam refused to admit for the longest time. Till date.

She adores Mariam more than anyone in the world and now her baby, Faheem.

"You just broke my heart. I don't know but I'll make time and come this week if my schedule will allow me, of course. And why not the jet?" Madina answered in her thin orotund voice.

"Alright, you do that. I don't want to use to jet. Faheem just said hello." Mariam added the last sentence in a low tone as though she doesn't want to wake him up.

Marriage and motherhood became Mariam, Madina thought wistfully. Her friend had always been a headstrong creature -the most arrogant, vicious and selfish person she's ever met- but now she seemed calmer and happier than she had ever seen her before. With a cool mind and dazzling genuine smile and maternal love.

She could only credit Abbas and his family for that, although how such a middle-class and egoistic and narcissistic man could accomplish such a change in Mariam was a mystery. One would have thought the pair would have killed each other within the first month of marriage.

But her friend loved him more than life itself. She made their marriage work even though Madina is still hellbent on making Abbas pay if he makes a slight mistake.

Mariam had to go through a lot to earn his trust and attention. He does not deserve her. A baby between them or not, he's doubted their baby and Madina is going to let that baby know about that when the time is right. In future.

Anything to make Abbas pay for what he's done! The pain her friend who's more like a sister had to go through just for his sorry dark ass.

"Aww, my munchkin. Smother him with so many kisses from his fairy godmother." Madina grinned, her mood lifted just at the thought of seeing Faheem soon.

He's got her wrapped around his finger like everyone else. And he is just six months old.

"Whatever." Mariam murmured in that her usual nonchalant way. She doesn't want to let her devil-may-care attitude vanish. "What are you doing?"

Madina let out a yawn and stretch her arms on the large Helix Midnight Luxe mattress veiled with carrot, tortilla and punch colored Egyptian cotton bedcover. She's made things easier for herself by changing it just last week. It's been a while since she's last slept in her own home.

Not hers. It was Mariam's favorite home which she gave to her few months ago. Madina adored the home.

"Just lying in bed like always. Though I am fully booked for the evening just in case you're asking." It was unnecessary but she had to fill in the gap for her friend.

Mariam hesitated from the other end and Madina instantly knew what she was thinking. Here goes nothing.

In a small voice, Mariam said. "Madina... you have enough wealth to not work another day again in your life. Why don't you forget about that life? I don't want you to end up like Farrah."

"I won't end up like Farrah." Came Madina's sharp and immediate reply, tone hefty with defensiveness.

Farrah was a well known prostitute in Abuja. She goes to different countries to sleep with disparate men for money. On her way back from Zurich, the plane she was in crashed and her body was not found. It had scared Madina shitless since she's acquainted with her.

"Do you know that? Has someone told you when you are going to die? No! I'm not preaching you but trust me, you don't hate this life I'm living and we both know that. No one would tell you this but me, you know that! I've been there, done that and I'll tell you this, it is not worth it. You need someone that understands you, Madi. Share some intimate moments with and not just beneath the sheets."

"I don't want to get married or become obsessed with some prick. Nah! That manic love is only for you. I want no part in it. Besides, no man is worth it." Madina spitefully retorted, suddenly restless for some peculiar reasons.

Mariam heaved a sigh. "You don't need a man to leave that life behind!"

"And then be celibate for the rest of my life? You know that is not fucking possible. Let's just drop it." She pinched the bridge of her flawless aquiline nose.

"I was just starting to care about you and thought I should crave for you what I have for myself. True happiness. Do whatever you want to do. One last advise from me because you won't ever hear it again." Mariam paused as though waiting for her to say something, when she didn't, she continued.

"Get one of your fucking many degrees and start working! You've always wanted to fly, start from there. Be the pilot you've always wanted to be. You can start your own airline if you want. Don't think that I don't know you've been training lately in my private jet? I know about that so get up and make your life worth living." She kvetched in that annoying maternal voice.

Madina wrapped her slackened jaw and replied in a weak voice. "Stop poking your nose in my business, Mariam. I always support you in everything that you do. If you can't do the same for me, then don't. Bye."

She hung up the phone and threw it beside her. Mariam is right though.

Maybe she hadn't noticed it before but the girl has always watched her back. She's encouraged her to get those degrees and when she told her about her love to keep soaring in the air, she's encouraged her to go to aviation school

She went to Canada and earned her Commercial Pilot License from University of Windsor. She's got the minimum of 250 flight hours along with necessary requirements to meet the standardization for the certificate. It wasn't easy but she did with the help of Mariam.

It was just two years ago and she hasn't lost touch. She's started working in an airline before she stopped because it was interrupting her other 'work' of sleeping around

Her professor had complimented her as; detail-oriented, equanimity, exceptional memory, good sense of direction, good with numbers, leadership, mechanically inclined, multitasking, predicting the weather. There's nothing more a pilot wants other than that.

But maybe, just maybe that was what she needed to get this void within her filled. It's getting more hollow with each passing day that she's slowly losing her mind. That won't cut the ends. She is going to have to do something. And soon.

Fifty six hours later, Madina leaped from the bed and went in search of an outfit. She's going to get that job and start working as a pilot. Wear that uniform she's always adored and bask herself in the warmth of a plane cockpit. Preferably, alone within the confines of those button and screens.

Yanking on 7 For All Mankind denim ripped jeans, she randomly selected a shirt to go with it which happens to be a Tommy Hilfiger bumblebee yellow body-hug that clung onto her bosom like second skin but not showing the outline of her bra within. Well, because she's only wearing a sports bra.

Next her hands fell on Manolo Blahnik skyscraper high heels in scarlet. She's been a fan of high heels since day one but with more riches, she's got to wear the ones celebrities wear and feel the same air.

On her way out of the room, her hand reach out to her recently released tote Birkin bag. There is no time to waste when she's got no appointment to meet the person she wants to meet so badly. An important figure. It is now or never. Nothing should dampen such enthusiasm bubbling within her.

Strolling out of her mansion, Madina let out a huffing breath when she realize that she hadn't sheathed her hair and the weather is cold. Also, she's not used a brush through the tresses in several hours which leads to total doom. She's not going back inside though. She will find something on her way or inside her car if she's lucky.

Keying her rouge Mercedes Benz G-Class, G-wagon, Madina threw her purple bag in the passenger's seat where ebony MB-Tex™ is upholstered in the luxurious car.

Right beside the bag, she found a lime green vintage scarf poking its head from the end of the seat, a sigh escaped her lips before she yanked it out. Of course, it belongs to her best friend Mariam but she wouldn't mind her wearing it.

Madina folded the silky fabric into a triangle before she tied it expertly in a way she's sure it won't come off later.

The security guard already saw her coming out of the mansion, he opened the gates before she could honk. Madina zoomed off Maitama, playing with her fingers on the steering wheel while jamming to Davido's new album, Timeless. She's always been a fan right from day one.

Pulling up at the building in front of her, Madina took her Birkin bag and entered the building with her head held high. Since she's already messages the man she was there for, she didn't bother talking to the secretary and went straight to the familiar hallway that will lead her to his office.

Outside the office though, there is something different about it. Several ladies in their mid or early twenties were scattered all over the place looking as professional as ever. Most of them did too much work trying to cut out the crackerjack look. So much traceable effort.

A few men were there too but the women look really... desperate. Her eyes lingered on them for a bit before she sauntered to the door not minding the eyes boring behind her back when she reached the door and turned the knob without knocking. What were they expecting?

That she waits out there with them like some cheap plastic toy? What she's there for is not different from theirs but what is the use of connection if you cannot cut in the queue and have your way? Ego bloomed beneath her sternum at their resentful glare behind her.

Whatever, bitches.

Sauntering inside the mahogany and beige office, Madina made herself comfortable on the sofa at the far end of the room when she realize that the man she's there for is quiet busy with a lady whom he dismissed immediately. Madina couldn't wipe away the cockiness from her face when she stood and made her way to one of the two chairs facing him.

Behind the desk sat Captain Louis, his face breaking into two with a large grin that made her return one. They've been friends for a very long time, since she decided to join aviation. It was Mariam that did all the necessary connection then. She's must've forgotten about the man now.

He hires all the pilots that work in Mariam's Private Jet since she's fond of firing them for trivial mistakes like lack of punctuality. Captain Louis never complained, who would? No one ever says no to Mariam Abdou Baldé. That person is yet to be born. Well, one is but he's learned the hard way.

"What brings you to my office today, Madina? I'm sure it's not just to see this ole guy you've forgotten about." He folded his palms and intertwined his fingers then tuck it beneath his chin.

Madina let out an airy giggle that always get them by the heel. "Oh, no. Mariam is sending her regards and you can guess what I'm here for."

His eyes widened with excitement and surprise. "Heard Mariam is married somewhere? Cannot believe she left us all here for a fresher and hot blooded young male."

She gave him a shrug. The matter about Mariam's marriage is slowly getting viral, people are asking questions that she is not ready to answer. Mariam said she would address the public as soon as she's got her life back on track so Madina is holding her tongue till then.

But then again, this is Captain Louis and she's here looking for job. Not that she won't get it from somewhere else but he knows exactly what she needed and can machinate his way around for her.

"She's married." Was all she supplied, keeping away the fact that she's got a six months old baby.

"I'm so happy for her. It's about time. Leaving only you here with us." When Madina only gave a fleeting smile, he tracked another lane. "And I'm guessing you're finally going to showcase your skills?"

Now her smile is back to that flirty one. "You know me well, Lou. Anything I can manage for now? Mariam is talking about private airline though I'm not sure about that. Working for others has more thrill than yourself, you know?"

He gave her a nod, smile intact. "I'm glad you came today, just the right time.Your preference is private jet, huh? I have the perfect one here with vacancy."

"Really?" Madina couldn't bite back her excitement hence her white teeth in the open.

There are times where getting work as a pilot is really demanding while other times, it slackens like all the airlines work with magic. The hardest part to get a job is from private jets since there aren't many out there. Especially not here in Nigeria.

Working for private business jets is far better than working for an airline. They mostly pay better than airlines, though she's not after the payment. It has more flexible hours for someone like herself and flying the world is just at the tip of her forefinger.

Not more than two pilots work in private business jets, not much hassle. Just herself and whoever is lucky and fortunate to work with her.

"Yes. The pay is eerily good and the owner of the jet is the perfect man. He's a gentleman, very efficient and able. You won't have to worry about anything when it comes to serving him because no one has ever complained about him so far." Captain Louis produced a file from beneath his desk and tap it with the tip of his finger.

"Who is he? What does he do? Is he a business man?" Madina hauled the questions, leaning further onto the desk with wide eyes like a child's.

If he is wealthy enough to own a private jet in Nigeria, she's probably heard about him somewhere along the way. Without an ounce of doubt.

She cannot remember the last time she was this excited about anything in her life. Flying really is a therapy for her.

"I'm sure you've heard of him. He owns a security company and is a cybersecurity specialist himself. The Bringer of Doom. Bilal Hashem Garo?"

What do you think about Madina? Share your thoughts please.

Eid Mubarak again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 8.5K 58
"Sarauniya!" I said almost loudly but not enough for my friend Bilal to hear, "who is she?" "Aaliyah. She's the late Alhaji Mujib's daughter. " Bila...
170K 9.2K 32
Shanaya goes to her best friend's Aditi wedding in Jaipur, and enjoys everything over there but little did she know that going there would lead to th...
13.2K 846 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...
18.7K 2.4K 39
Follow the story of Laura who is about to be forced into marriage to a criminal by her father after the death of her mentally ill mother With the hel...