š“š¢š„š„ šƒšžššš­š” šƒšØ š”š¬...

By __mommy_issues__

šš‹š€šˆš‘ š€š‹šƒš„š‘šˆš†šƒš„, after her mothers unexpected death, her and her father moved away to start a n... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifthteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twentyone
twentytwo
twentythree
twentyfour
twentyfive
twentysix

twenty

1.2K 27 5
By __mommy_issues__

B L A I R A L D E R I D G E

_

I keep my body as far away from him without it being noticable. I have Reese in my lap, suffocated by my arms. Thankfully Levi is driving the speed of a grandma so he's safe on my lap.

I don't anything to happen to my baby.

My mind is clouded by worry that I didn't even realize we were in my driveway. I don't look over at him, only keeping my head down while holding on to Reese.

I practically run out of the car and to the front door, an empty feeling laying in my stomach.

I grab my keys from my purse, unlocking the door and walking in. "Dad, I'm home!" I yell through the house, placing my bag on a hook. I internally roll my eyes when he doesn't respond. I peek around the corner to check if he's there.

Instead of seeing him running over to see Reese with a smile on his face, his body is laying face down in a pool of his own blood. Goosebumps spread along my body. My knees buckle but it takes all my strength to keep standing and hold any tears back.

Even from where I'm standing I can see everything in detail. Blood splattered all around the kitchen, his body laying in a position as if he was standing before falling.

A shatter in the glass window is what catches my attention. A singular hole but cracks spread all around it. A bullet. He would've been standing at the entrance of the kitchen and then shot right in the head.

He's dead. I'm standing there. Speechless. I don't know what I feel, I feel empty.

There's no sadness, anger or anything. It's just empty.

My dad.

My bestfriend.

He was supposed to hold my hand as he walked me down the aisle, tell me off when I ate before dinner, wake me up when I yell I don't want to go to school.

He can't leave. First my mother now him.

A hand on my shoulder breaks my thoughts. I gasp at the contact, looking at whoever it is.

Levi.

He's staring into my eyes, searching for something, anything, like he already knew what would be waiting for me when I walked in.

"You did this." I whisper, staring back at my father.

He stays silent for a moment, "Pack a bag, you're staying with me." He mumbles.

"I am not staying with you. Ever."

"Yes you are. I'm your only option, just admit it." He says in a rude tone.

"I'll find a place, I'll perfectly capable of being an adult." I hold a Reese tighter.

"You've got no where to go. Would you rather stay here, watch him be picked up by strangers and wheeled out with a sheet over him or would you rather come with me and I'll deal with that." He taunts.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?"

"Stop treating me like I'm a worthless child." I frown with tears filling my eyes.

"You've got seven minutes to pack a bag and get the hell away from here or stay and get taken." He whispers. "What's it going to be?"

I think through all my options.

Stay and watch my father be lifted up with blood coating everything, stay here knowing what happened.

Leave and go with him, a ruthless killer at most, he could kill me but yet he's offering you a place to stay.

Offering? More like demanding.

"I'll go with you." I whisper just enough for him to hear. Tears begging to leave my eyes but I blink them away.

"Good, now we've got five minutes. Hurry up, clock's ticking." I walk over to the stairs, keeping one eye shut when I get close enough to the kitchen.

I walk into my room, grabbing a bag large enough to fit a pair of clothes, essentials for me. Many options for Reese, literally everything that was sin his room that I can fit in my bag.

I'll figure out if I need something when that time comes.

At the last second, while I'm standing at the top of the stairs, I look down the hall at my dad's room. My feet turn before I can even think.

Opening the door, his smell lingers around while I walk straight to his dresser.

I pick up a photo frame of the three of us. Another with him, my mother and me when I was still so little, before it all turned to shit.

I shove them in the bag along with one of his cologne bottles. My favorite and his favorite. He'd always wear it because he knew how much I loved it.

Keeping it would be a nice keepsake.

I rush downstairs within thirty seconds, terrified of what will happen if we don't leave in time.

I follow him out, not bothering to shut the door behind me. We sit in his car for a second before he speeds down the road.

"Where are we going?" I ask when we pass the normal way to his house.

"Different house."

"Oh to be rich." I can barely even hear myself.

For the rest of the car ride it's full of silence, an uncomfortable silence. Levi keeps his head forward while I keep my head looking out the window, wanting nothing to do with him.

It feels like forever by the time he kills the engine. I stay where I am, physically melted to the seat, my body not doing what I want it to.

I'm pulled from the haze I was in when my door opens and Levi stands there, a sincere look on his face. I slowly stand up from the seat. As I'm leaning down to grab my bag Levi reaches it before I can.

I roll my eyes internally, wanting nothing more than too fall into a slumber that I'll never wake from.

He closes the door behind himself and I follow him into the newfound house. It's not an ordinary looking one like their old one, it looks like a mansion but on steroids.

It's massive.

He opens the door to a quiet house. Inside it looks just as beautiful as the outside. He leads us through many hallway and up many staircases before he stops at a random door.

"You can stay in here for now. I'll sort a proper bedroom out for you and Reese." He says, opening the door a large bedroom.

The bed lays on the left wall, the middle wall covered with floor to ceiling windows with curtains drapes over the sides. A large tv sits on the right wall, above a small fireplace, before it cuts of halfway and behind it leads to a bathroom and closet.

"I want to stay in this one. I like it." I whisper, placing Reese on the bed.

"Are you sure? There's a lot bigger and pretty ones to choose from."

"It's fine." I say softly, running a hand through Resse's hair.

It's already so long.

"I thought you prefer a larger one. This is one of the smallest in the house."

"Levi, I said it's fucking fine." I suppress the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"Alright then." He says sarcastically. He goes to face the door but as his hand grasps the handle I stop him.

"Wait."

He stills in his spot but doesn't make the effort to look back, "Are you really involved with the you know?" I lead on.

"The mafia?" The words leave his mouth so casually.

"Yes." I nod although he can't see me.

"I'm the don Blair, I was born to take over after my father." His voice is laced with venom at the mention of his father.

"I only have one question though."

"Go on."

"Are- Do you do sex trafficking?"

He turns only his head to look back at me, "I don't swoop that low Blair. Is that how you think of me?" He scoffs as if he'd actually care what I thought.

I stay quiet. My brain surrounded by a pounding headache and my heart hurting. I keep my composure calm and collected.

I've already lost so much. I need to keep it together before I lose it all.

"I'll see you dinner." He says before walking out with another word, leaving me there with nothing but my thoughts.

_

J<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Love but be careful By Cherry

Mystery / Thriller

2.2K 537 32
Elena, a girl who saw her family getting murdered in front of her eyes and was left with Bella, her stepsister who meant nothing to her. Stefan, who...
15.9K 575 64
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
13.8K 206 41
"Tell me to stop." He pants heavily resting his forehead on mine. "Don't." I say back just as out of breath. Then he presses his lips harder agains...
14.9M 316K 41
When Kylie loses everything and becomes pretty reckless shes sent to live with her aunt and her bestfriend Bobby thinking that things are going to be...