The Girl behind the Throne (E...

By roiskate

its hard being the secret best friend of the next king, for Tess and James their friendship spanning twelve y... More

Introductory Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 13
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 14
The Girl behind the Throne chapter 15
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 16
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 17 part 1
The girl behind the Throne Chapter 17 part 2
The Girl behind the throne Chapter 18
The Girl behind the Throne. COMPETITION :)
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 19
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 21
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 22
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 23
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 24
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 25
The Girl behind the Throne 26
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 27
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 28
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 29
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 30
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 31
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 32
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 33
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 34
The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 35
The Girl behind the Throne Epilogue
Author's Note. IMPORTANT

The Girl behind the Throne Chapter 20

162K 2K 172
By roiskate

hey guys, so the next upload is going to be very soon due to the royal wedding :) so you havent got long to wait, and i promise the next one is a BIG one....so im half way through my story- i think and am really excited :) 

does anyone else think of this story in association with the royal wedding or is it just me....

anywhos its is now 04:05 and roiskate is very tired....so do a gal a favour vote and comment :) 

ps, if the spaces are weird sorry, i don't know what happened :O

 We both stood silently watching the scene unfold before us, me leaning into Andrew's back as Richard and charity were kissing. Well I was silent until I saw something on the back of Andrew's stupid cape and I burst into laughter. Andrew slammed his hand over my mouth, "what?" he mouthed looking at me as I doubled over, with tears in my eyes.

"Did you have to sew the letter A on your cape, or did you do that just to look like an even bigger tool?” I whispered through jerking breaths.

“You are just jealous of my amazingly cool cape”. He said shushing me while the camera snapped the incriminating pictures to stop that tool.

“Yeah, that’s it im jealous of your cape”. I said shooting him a ‘what the f*ck’ look but his back was turned. “Have we got enough pictures already?” I moaned shivering in the cold.

“Yeah, I think so. It’s a pity; it looks like things are just hotting up”. Andrew said turning to me and wiggling his eyebrows. I shot him a questioning look, but smiled at him cheerfully, he shut off the camera and we began to walk away

“Thank god that’s over, we looked like the world’s biggest perverts hanging off charity’s window, while she and knob cheese got it on”. I said in a huff, I was tired and hungry- a bad combination for me.

“I know it’s such a shame I couldn’t change into my perving clothes”. He said sighing and wrapping one arm over my shoulder in a brotherly gesture, I shot him a questioning look. “My high visibility jacket and my binoculars, and by the way the title of the world’s biggest pervert is taken by yours truly”. He explained with an easy grin.

I laughed before nudging him forcefully; he stumbled looking at me questioningly. I shot him a smile and began to run away leaving a confused looking Andrew in my dust. “Race you”. I yelled over my shoulder, causing him to grunt and run after me.

I slumped back in my bed with the feeling of smugness running throughout me, judging by our incriminating evidence Richard was well on the way to begin packed off away again, hopefully somewhere far away from me. My phone flashed in the darkness, moaning I threw off the warm duvet and stumbled blindly to where my phone was.

“Yeah?” I answered not even bothering to look at the caller I.D.

“Well good evening to you too, short fry”. Jaspers smooth voice filled my ears, I rolled my eyes.

“Shut up! Im not short, im just vertically challenged”. I shot back angrily, bastard, picking on my height- that was a low blow.

“Yeah yeah, you make hobbits look like Amazonians”. He said in a smug voice, I fumed sagging back in my bed.

“Yeah well Shrek, everyone’s little compared to you”. I shot back, smugly smiling myself now. I heard him laugh at the other end of the line. “Is there a reason that you are ringing me at such an ungodly hour?” I asked looking at the clock.

“You mean besides talking to your charming self?” He said sarcastically making me laugh, “I have to get my suit finished for a premiere on Saturday, do you think I can come by for a fitting?” He asked in a low voice, that I will admit sent small shivers up my spine.

I leaned back, trying to think what guard would be on tomorrow, remembering that I was Rory who worked on a Thursday. “Yeah that’s fine, I can get you an entrance pass, but you have to be gone in the evening, I have a date”. I said remembering Jamie’s note.

“Oh a date? Am I finally going to meet this mysterious boyfriend?” jasper said huskily, I rolled my eyes. I heard a woman in the background moaning “jasper, come back to bed”. I laughed and heard jasper curse under his breath, “don’t be so rude you can tell im on the phone” he said in a harsher voice than he had ever used with me. I took in a sharp breathe and was frowning.

“Calm down jasper, its fine ill talk to you tomorrow” I said down the phone to him still frowning, I heard him sigh heavily.

“Fine, sweet dreams Tess”. He breathed down the phone just before I hung up. I lay back in my bed frowning as I fell asleep.

**

“So is he married?” Jasper asked as I pinned up the extra material around his leg. I sighed pulling the pin out from its grip between my teeth and looked up at him.

“No he is not married, im not that kind of girl”. I said shaking my head, we had been playing who's Tess’s secret boyfriend for an hour. So far he had guessed everyone from the chauffer at the palace to a secret agent.

“I know you’re not, but you haven’t given me much to go by”. He said with a smile. I looked up at his huge frame, my breath caught in my throat. He wasn’t as beautiful as Jamie was in a suit but there was a glint in jasper’s eye that made him instantly sexy bypassing the beautiful.

“Well let’s just say that he’s a major step up from my last boyfriend”. I said taking the sleeves back of his jacket, the manly smell of him filling my nose.

Jasper laughed at this, a deep belly laugh that made the hand I was working around shake. “Why who was your last boyfriend?” he asked turning his wrist up so i could get to the inseam better

“Liam Blackwood”. I said in a flat voice that made jasper laugh again. I looked up at him and shot him a wry grin. I grabbed more pins from the pin box.

“That little bastard?” He said hooting; I looked at him and nodded pulling my curls up into a ponytail. I looked over and jasper was staring at my stretching body- no longer laughing.

I nervously cleared my throat and turned away from jasper, going through my sewing box. “You know Liam?” i asked not bothering to look at him; i could feel his eyes on my back.

“You could say that, I nearly broke his nose when he cheated at poker once”. He said with a chuckle, he walked up to the mirror and looked at himself intently, pulling the collar up of his black dress shirt underneath his jacket. It was me who protested on the shirt, jasper wanted to go topless underneath his suit jacket and there was no way that I could concentrate with him wandering around topless. “You are too good for him anyway”. He looked over his shoulder shooting me a gorgeous smile that he rarely used; normally it was just a smirk or a sly grin.

“Well not according to him” I muttered under my breath, I leaned down his leg to finish the tailoring there, albeit nervously. I mean I was close to his, you know, His ‘one eyed monster’. Sensing my nervousness jasper started to moan sexually, throwing his heat back as if in wanton desire.

“Oh Tess”. He moaned joking I punched him on the shoulder only making him laugh. “Harder”. He said through heavy breaths. Making me punch his thigh thus making him laugh even louder than before, “oh yeah Tess, that’s the spot”. He moaned deeply- still not bored with his childish game.

I grinned widely up at him, before lifting my wrist and punching him in the baby maker and somehow ending up sprawled out on the ground because of it. Jasper yelped and said something in an inhuman language. He was still giving his speech of curse words when the living room door flew open.

I turned around in surprise to see Jamie standing there, his golden hair sticking to his forehead and his jogging gear on. He looked at the situation; me sprawled on the ground while jasper leaned nearby half naked clutching his captain winkle, before barging over and grasping jasper by the jacket lifting him up. It was safe to say that Jamie had assumed the worst.

“If you laid a finger on her”. Jamie spat warningly, jasper was standing now, his head over shadowing Jamie by a couple of inches. He looked at the fuming Jamie with a mixture of confusion, amusement and last but not least with an essence of anger.

“I didn’t actually; it was her doing the touching”. Jasper said his face brought up in the usual smirk.

“Shut up jasper, I promise you Jamie he was just acting the tool. He didn’t touch me”. I said moving up between the two of them, disentangling Jamie’s hands from jaspers jacket that I just spent the last three hours fitting.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Jamie asked looking down at me; I nodded at him taking in his beauty with my eyes. How is it that even in a sweaty jealous state he manages to look like that? It’s just not fair.

My eyes must have portrayed my sincerity because Jamie sighed, coming over and kissing me lightly on the forehead. “Ok I believe you. I just came by to say I can’t make tonight, I have some stupid function to go to”. He said sounding put out. Disappointment ran through me, I nodded though.

“Its fine, I’ll see you soon”. I said walking towards the front door with him.

He nodded giving me a loving look put one hand behind my neck pulling me closer to him, his lips met mine sending sparks throughout my entire body. It took immense inner-strength for me not to attack him on the stairs. He kissed me deeper making it clear that he didn’t just want a peck; no he wanted something to remember for the evening ahead of him.

I moaned in his mouth urging him on, he lifted his hand to my breast rubbing it through the material; he picked me up wrapping my legs around his waist.

We were close to ripping off each other’s clothes when I heard a noise, I looked up as Jamie carried on kissing around my neck, jasper was leaning against the doorframe of the living room leading onto the hall watching us with a sly smile but there was something else in his eyes.

“Sorry to interrupt kids, I was just going to pull up a chair. Carry on, this is...passionate”. He said smugly, Jamie groaned dropping me down and pulling me in front of him so I concealed his erecti0n which was now jabbing me in the back.

“Shut up”. I said over my shoulder, letting Jamie out and giving him an apologetic look. “I love you”. I said kissing him lightly on the lips covering us both from jaspers view by closing the door.

“I love you too Tessie”. He said with a grin kissing me back eagerly, I pushed him away chuckling feeling the door open behind me.

Jasper waved at Jamie dramatically and blew him a kiss. “I’ll miss you more”. He said in a high voice, making me shoot him a WTF look, Jamie narrowed his eyes and made an ‘I’ll be watching you motion’ with his hands making jasper throw his hand up and a salute dramatically. “Yes sergeant major sir”. He said clicking his heels.

Jamie walked away putting in his headphones and breaking into a vicious sprint towards the woods but not before shooting jasper an angry look over his shoulder.

“So, that’s the secret boyfriend”. Jasper said leaning against the door, I slapped my hand against my forehead.

“What gave us away?” i said in a voice seething with sarcasm i walked up beside him barging my way past his shoulder into my house.

“You know, I had my suspicions, but I always thought it would have been Richard”. He said thoughtfully pulling off his suit jacket and pulling on his t-shirt. I turned away rolling my eyes, but not before I caught a glimpse of his six pack with a tattoo right above his heart.

“Urgh as if, I hate Richard”. I said marching to the kitchen and flicking on the kettle setting out a cup for me. “What does your tattoo mean?” I asked changing the subject, Richard wasn’t worth talking about.

“Oh that, I got it done for my ex girlfriend”. He said rolling his eyes; evidently jasper was regretting it now.

“Oh the one that fat little paparazzi was talking about?” i asked mixing in my sugar into my hot cup of steaming tea. I handed jasper his wordlessly, he took it shooting me a look in thanks.

“That’s the one, we were going to get married, well that was before she decided to show her producer just how suited to the part she was playing she really was”. He said looking sad. What a bitch! I got up and carried my cup over to where he sat. I rubbed him comfortingly on the back and he shot me a sad smile. I reached up to the cupboard over his head and grabbed down my giant bar of chocolate.

“I never share my chocolate”. I said breaking off a piece and handing it to him.

“I am honoured my lady” he said taking a chunk out of my precious chocolate.

We sat in silence for a moment, before I looked up at the clock. F*ck it how am I always late. “You better go”. I said walking him towards the door.

I walked him over to his car. “So I have another fitting to do tomorrow evening and you are set to go”. I said opening his car door for him.

“Cool, hey Tess?” He said sitting inside the car.

“Yeah?” I asked mentally judging how long it would take me to change into my uniform and run to the house.

“Will you come with me? To the premiere I mean?” he asked looking up at me, I smiled excitedly and nodded my head, jasper smiled gratefully at me.

“Of course. Jasper can you do something for me” I asked and he nodded this time.

“Don’t tell anyone about me and Jamie” I asked looking at him hopefully, he smiled at me.

“I won’t Tess. But watch yourself, I know what powerful guys are like, they will use every girl they can”. He said, leaving out the ‘I should know I do it too’ part even though it was intended.

“Jamie’s not like that”. I said quietly looking at my feet, I heard jasper sigh. “I really have to go”. I said going to close the car door, but jasper jumped out.

I looked up at him questioningly; he just shot me a genuine smile and gave me a lingering kiss on the cheek, I broke away shooting him a smile over my shoulder as I ran back into the house muttering “shit shit shit” under my breath as I fought against time.

**

I walked down the corridor of the palace to charity’s room in the servant’s wing; I heard crying as I passed by her door. Maggie sent me down to see if she was ok, as she hadn’t been seen all day.

I opened the door not bothering to knock; charity was lying on the bed, her golden hair sprayed out against her pillow as she cried loudly.

“Oh charity, what’s wrong?” I asked sitting on the edge of her bed, I mean it’s not like we were that close but she had always been kind to me.

“Nothing, go away”. She muttered into the pillow, making me walk closer to her.

I placed my hand on her shoulder gasping when I saw her face. It was black and blue on the left side, like somebody had beaten her repetitively.

Charity cried louder when she saw my reaction. I swallowed bile as I saw a trail of bruises go down her body, as she was only wearing a thing t-shirt I saw the poppy colour of them against the paleness of her skin.

“Richard?” I asked in a low voice imaging doing awful things to him. Charity gasped at my knowledge of their ‘relationship’, but she nodded after a moment’s hesitation.

I turned and ran out of the room without saying another word, running down to Richards’s room. I barged in not bothering to knock; he was lying in bed smoking a cigarette. He turned to look at me as I barged in his face brought up into a smug smile.

I walked over to the bed and evidently I had left my brain behind in charity’s room. I lifted my hand up and swung it so it connected with a surprised Richards’s nose with a loud and shuddering crack.

“Don’t like it now, do you? You f*cking bully”. I screamed at him as I punched him again and again.

Yes, I had lost my mind 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 1.1K 27
Sammy finally hooks up with the man she has been in love with since her freshman year of high school. The bad thing about this hook up? He is soppose...
2.3K 160 36
Alfie and Natalie have known each other for pretty much life now. Natalie has and endless love for Alfie as she has had since they were little. Anoth...
184K 4.7K 61
Everyone knows the stories of the hot popular guy in school who falls in love with the shy girl who is later learnt to be a diamond in the rough. But...
233K 7.1K 50
I have to do this, I have to. I kept telling myself that as I leaned closer and closer to her beautiful face. Wait.....WHAT?? No, it's just a dare, y...