Reign Soma

By seren_dipityyy

Reign: The fox spirit, known to be sly, cunning, and short-tempered. The one who baited the god into having t... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch.7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Notice
Ch. 22

Ch. 10

858 21 0
By seren_dipityyy

"엄마 어디 계세요?" Reign called as she entered her parents home. (Mom, where are you?)

"나는 부엌에 있어!" she called back. (I'm in the kitchen!)

"알겠어!" Reign responded, heading to the kitchen. (Ok!)

As she walked in, she saw her mom preparing ingredients for what looked like jjamppong. Reign walked up to her and kissed her cheek before standing next to her.

"아빠는 어디 계세요?" she asked, watching her prep the mussels and squid. (Where's dad?)

"그는 시구레와 하토리의 아버지와 함께 있다. 그들이 가끔 어떻게 만나는 걸 좋아하는지 알잖아." she said, a smile appearing on her face. (He's with Shigure and Hatori's fathers. You know how they like to meet up from time to time.)

Reign chuckled softly. "I can't believe they still do that even now."

Her mom looked at her with a smile. "당연하지. 너희 아이들이 친구가 되었을 때 우리도 알게 되었고 거기서부터 알게 되었다." (Of course. When you kids became friends we also became acquainted.)

"Anyway," Reign sighed. "Why are you suddenly making jjamppong?"

"Well, you're dad said he wanted to eat some recently and I know you also like it. Two birds, one stone." she lamented simply.

"What if I say I won't eat?"

Her mom glared at her. "Go wash the rice and put it in the rice cooker."

"알겠습니다 어머니." she replied back, walking away quickly before her mom could hit her at the sudden formal language she used with her. (Ok, mother.)

Reign poured rice into the bowl until it was halfway full before washing it until the water came clean. Once she was done washing it, she filled it with more water and put it into the rice cooker and let it cook before asking her mom a question.

"Do you know someone by the name of Tohru Honda? Or have you heard of her name any time recently?" she asked, walking over to her mom.

"Not that I know of. Why?"

Reign sighed. "That's surprising. She knows our family secret about us being zodiacs but Akito hasn't given the order to erase her memories. She lives with Shigure, Yuki, and Kyo too."

"That's odd. Shigure is ok with that?"

Reign rolled her eyes. "Of course he is. He thoroughly enjoys it since he gets breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooked for him and the house cleaned. That was the offer for her to move in."

"What about Hatori and Ayame? You as well?" she asked further.

"I wasn't fond of the idea of her staying there nor am I happy about her knowing our secret but I can't do anything and I won't resent her for it. I just don't accept her so easily like everyone else does and I don't want to either. Hatori keeps her at arms length and Ayame is, well, Ayame. He welcomes anyone with open arms until they've proven otherwise."

Her mom chuckled. "Does she know what spirit you all are?"

"No. Well, she doesn't know which one me, Hiro, Kureno, and Isuzu are but she does know Kisa, Haru, Hatori, Shigure, Yuki, Kyo, Kagura, and Ritsu."

"Good." her mom said plainly. "She may try to take away my little fox."

Reign hugged her from behind. "No one will take me away. You and dad would probably throw a fit if that happened."

Her mom chuckled. "I'd do more than that if someone took my fox away."

*

Reign approached her home after leaving her parents after dinner and saw Kureno on her doorstep. Reign sighed and walked towards him. He didn't look like anything had happened to him and the expression on his face was quite plain, as usual.

"Did you wait long?" she asked, offering a hand to help him up.

He shook his head and took her hand. "No." Kureno answered while getting up. "Can we talk inside? I'd rather not have this be heard by any lurking ears."

She raised a brow but said nothing and unlocked the door to her house. The two of them entered and Reign led him to the living room where she offered him to sit down. He sat down and she went to grab water for the both of them just in case they wanted to drink something. After doing so, she sat down across from him and offered him the bottle which he did accept. Kureno drank a small sip from it before finally speaking.

"I wanted to talk to you about Akito." he said hesitantly.

Reign nodded. "I figured so. What is it?"

Kureno rubbed his temple. "Akito wants you to visit soon, alongside Hatori. Actually, Akito wants you, Hatori, Shigure, and Ayame to come visit."

"Why? Is there something we need to be worried about?" she asked skeptically.

"I only know that Akito has become suspicious of how close you and Hatori are with each other and the same for Shigure and Ayame. Even Shigure draws a line with Akito with how much he reveals about you guys." he informed.

Reign thought it over. "Why is this something Akito is only now concerned about?"

Kureno shrugged. "Maybe because everyone can feel how you four are a united front. The protectors of the other zodiac spirits."

Reign scoffed. "Don't make me laugh. I do thank you for the warning though. I'll be sure to tell the other three."

"Also," Kureno started, his tone of voice changing. "Remember to not lose your temper with Akito like last time. The repercussions are severe for me once you leave." he pointed out plainly.

The sudden change stumped Reign and made her laugh.

"Don't try to get stern with me." she warned. "Let's not forget who continues to stay close to Akito's side despite certain circumstances."

Kureno's face dropped into a frown. Only a few of them knew or suspected the fact that he was no longer the rooster spirit but Reign knew the truth. She was with Kureno when it happened and didn't tell a soul about it. She was just as guilty as he was when it came to that sense. Reign sighed and stood up, resting a hand on his shoulder.

He tensed up at the sudden action and looked Reign in her eyes.

"I'll try to make things easier for you but I make no promises." she sighed.

"Also-" he said suddenly but Reign cut him off by holding up a hand.

"I haven't told anyone your secret. If they suspect it, they suspect it. I can't do anything about that."

Reign turned to face him. "I've kept it for this long, what's a few more years?" she smiled bitterly.

The sight made Kureno feel hurt. He was going to say something else but Reign had walked away. It was obvious she wanted nothing to do with him and he should respect that but he found it difficult since they once were so close. Instead of staying and imposing, he left her home and returned to Akito's residence.

When Reign heard the door open and shut to her home she heaved a deep sigh and put her face in her hands. There was something new everyday for her nowadays. Secret after secret. Hurdle after hurdle. When would it be over? She had no idea but she wanted it to end soon.

*

"Welcome all!" Ayame greeted energetically.

Reign smiled and patted his head as she walked into his house, taking her shoes off and slipping on a pair of house shoes. She set down her bag and walked to the living room of his home where he had everything set out. Shigure came in after Reign and soon after him came in Hatori with a tailing Ayame.

"What a rare sight." Reign said smirking. "The dog is wearing a suit."

Shigure chuckled. "What an unsightly comment. Do you ever have anything to say that's nice unlike the usual foulness you spill?"

"I can, just not to you I think." Reign remarked, putting a finger under her chin.

Shigure laughed and Reign smacked his shoulder.

"Are you two done with your bantering?" Hatori asked as he loosened his tie and sat down.

The two of them looked at each other and sat down with him. "Yes." they said in unison.

"Great!" Ayame exclaimed. "Let's enjoy some nice refreshments and time to ourselves for a bit since it's been a while since we've all been out together."

Shigure sat down first and everyone else followed suit. Reign poured everyone the a cup of tea and let them pick what snacks they wanted from the selection Ayame had before she did herself, partly because she wasn't very interested in sweets and could do without them for a while.

"So," Shigure began after taking a bite out of a macaron. "Who's all up for a trip during the kids summer break?"

Reign took a sip of her tea before responding. "When you say kids, who's all coming?"

"Well of course Kyo, Yuki, and Tohru but Momiji, Kisa, Hiro, Haru, and myself will be along for the ride. Any of you going?"

"I'll go." Reign answered curtly.

"I won't be going." Hatori replied. "Someone has to watch over Akito and Kureno can't do it. Have fun without me though."

"I second that." Ayame agreed. "I cannot attend due to the number of clients I have to take care of but I will send my regards."

Shigure clapped his hands together happily. "Great! Just me and Reign!"

Reign groaned. "I'd rather burn in hell."

"Too late!" he exclaimed.

"Oh," Reign said suddenly, remembering her conversation with Kureno. "I have something to tell you all; Kureno met with me the other day and said Akito wants all of us to come visit. He didn't give me a specific date but he did say soon."

Ayame grunted. "Were you aware Gure?" he asked.

Shigure shook his head. "I was not. Why all of us?"

She shrugged. "He only said that Akito has become suspicious of all four us. He also said to control how we respond to Akito."

Hatori snickered under his breath at the last thing Reign said. "How condescending." he remarked quietly.

Ayame nodded in agreement. "Why do they always approach you Reign? Is there something going on?"

Reign shook her head no. "I'm not aware of anything of the sort."

"This is quite the odd situation we're all in, isn't it?" Shigure said, setting his cup down.

Reign stared at him and saw nothing in his body language that seemed suspicious nor in his facial expression. She wasn't completely sold yet but she'd let it slide for now. Despite what Kureno told her, there was something unsettling about Shigure who was friends with all of them who also had business with Akito. The whole situation had a weird ring to it.

"Shall I bring our the alcohol?" Ayame suggested suddenly.

They all collectively agreed but Reign volunteered to bring the glasses and Shigure offered to bring the alcohol. Reign found the glasses easily and rinsed them out as Shigure looked for the proper alcohol for the occasion.

"How are things with you and the good doctor?" Shigure asked suddenly, making Reign stop cleaning the glasses momentarily.

She turned her head towards him but kept cleaning like she never stopped. "What do you mean?"

He gave a fake pout. "Aww don't be like that Reign. I've seen how the doc keeps glancing at you. I do write novels you know."

Reign turned away and clicked her tongue. "Why do you care? It doesn't concern you."

"It doesn't concern you." she replied back blankly.

"It does when it seems you're both in a better mood than when I last saw the two of you. Did you two perhaps-"

Reign slammed a glass on the counter and silenced Shigure. "If I tell you will you be quiet?" she groaned.

"Yes!" he replied happily with an annoying smile.

Reign rubbed her temple. "Yes. I didn't expect to tell you but yes."

Shigure applauded. "Twenty-seven years. I'm so proud of you."

Reign didn't want to smile but she did. "You're so annoying. By far worse than my father."

Shigure patted her on her back and gave her a side hug. Something he only did on a rare occasion.

"Let's celebrate." he said softly. "You only live once so let's drink whiskey."

"I'm not drinking till I die though. You hold yours way better than me." she lamented.

He giggled and let her go. "It's because you're young. You aren't old like me."

Reign scoffed and pushed him. "We're the same age Shigure Soma!"

*

The next morning everyone woke up in Ayame's living room. Ayame slept on his back with one arm supporting his head while on the floor, Shigure slept on the couch alongside Reign but on two separate ends, and Hatori slept on the floor near Reign. Reign woke up first and the first thing she noticed was the painful hangover she had. She rubbed the side of her head and groaned quietly as she looked around the room.

She saw Hatori sleeping facing toward the sofa underneath her and she moved her hand to brush his cheek softly with her thumb. He didn't stir from her action but Reign did stop once she heard the sound of someone moving suddenly. Since she didn't want to be caught in the act, she got up and took one of the spare toothbrushes that Ayame kept in his guest bathroom and brushed her teeth and washed her face. She brushed her hair with her fingers before throwing it into a ponytail.

Once done, she went into the kitchen to get herself a water bottle and try to relieve her hangover with some peace and quiet instead of the bukeosuk she craved for desperately. Reign zoned out at some point during the process of drinking the water and suddenly felt two arms wrap around her. She knew who it was instantly from the smell that lingered off of the clothes and how warm the embrace was. Reign smiled and kissed his cheek.

"굿 모닝." she said sweetly. (Good morning)

"A good morning indeed. Perhaps one from hell maybe?" he joked as he sat down next to her.

Reign brushed his morning hair from his face. "I know what you mean. I want bukeosuk so badly right now. It's perfect for a hangover."

He tilted his head down so Reign could scratch his head. "What's that? I've never heard you mention it before."

"It's basically dried pollack soup. It's good for hangovers. I'm not fond of the ox bone one. My mom eats that one and I avoid it." Reign informed him as she scratched his head.

Hatori lifted his head and stared at a Reign before leaning his head in to kiss her but she stopped it with her finger.

"Morning breath. Not my favorite." she teased.

He clicked his tongue. "Then what will we do when we move in together?"

Reign smiled. "I'll make sure we both brush our teeth beforehand."

When he didn't respond back to her she giggled and gave him a brief kiss on the lips. Reign pulled back and Hatori didn't like it one bit. He kissed her back for a bit longer and grabbed her hand, entertaining it with his. He pulled back and she elbowed him in the side.

"Shall we leave? I can drive right now." Hatori offered.

Reign nodded. "We can send them a text later."

Hatori stood up and Reign followed suit. He began to walk but suddenly stopped which stumped Reign.

"Why did you stop?" she whispered since they were close to the living room.

He turned his head around and flashed Reign a quick smile. "Make me bugeosuk when we get back. I want to try it no matter how long it takes to make it."

"You'll eat it at nighttime if that's the time it'll get done?" she asked perplexed.

Hatori nodded. "If that's what it'll take to eat it. You've boasted about it and now I'm curious."

She slapped his back. "Keep walking and hush."

*

The days passed by quickly and it was the day of the trip to the Soma family vacation house near the beach. Reign packed a suitcase worth of things for herself and the kids and drove Haru, Momiji, Kisa, and Hiro there. Shigure suddenly decided last minute that he wasn't coming since he had a work thing and Reign called another driver to drive the other kids there. The house the kids stayed at was big and spacious enough for all of them but some did have to share rooms.

Reign stayed in the vacant house where her and Shigure would have been. The kids wanted to go to the beach so Reign changed into a black one piece swimsuit. It wrapped around her upper body but left a few bits of her stomach and back out. She tied a sheer black coverup around her lower hip and packed a bag with a towel, sunscreen, and a change of clothes before meeting them.

Once at the beach, Hiro, Momiji, and Kisa ran to the water and Reign watched them with a smile on her face. Yuki had laid down a towel and Reign sat down on it with it. Soon, Kyo, Haru, and Tohru joined them. Tohru had her hair tied up and had a pink one piece with flowers on it ready to get in.

The boys bombarded her with cries for her to be careful as she got in the water and Reign laughed at them. She knew Tohru was a klutz but she also knew that Tohru wouldn't get hurt.

"Why aren't you getting into the water?" Haru asked Reign and Yuki.

Reign sighed. "I don't think I have any intention of getting in the water."

"Oh?" he responded. "Then let me give you a reason to get in the water."

Reign looked at him with a confused face but suddenly realized what he meant when he said that. Haru picked her up and ran towards the water. Reign punched his shoulder but he still didn't stop and soon threw her in the water. Reign came up from the sudden dunk and the bun she had tied her hair into was gone and her hair was dripping wet.

"Now," she began with a shaky voice, moving her hair out of her face. "Shall I decide how I want to proceed with you?"

Haru stood spaced out and stared at her. "You should cut your hair. It's longer than Ayame's."

Reign walked out of the water and took the sheer skirt off before wiping her eyes. She was angry but not so angry that she would hurt him badly.

"You're so dead Hatsuharu." she spoke quietly.

He didn't hear her speak. All he saw was Reign running towards him. It was too late when Haru started to run since Reign was already near him and she had jumped to kick him in the back. The kick connected with his back and he fell on the ground.

Reign didn't realize that everyone was watching them until she heard them start laughing. Reign looked at Tohru, Kisa, Momiji, and Hiro in the water and waved with a sweet smile on her face.

"Let's have fun and not do stupid things, okay?" she called.

"Yes!" they called out in response.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 80 14
A light of flame that has been around for millions of years, guiding the people and animals back to their families and friends. Fireflies, the symbol...
50K 1.7K 28
NCIS fanfiction, my first one so u have been warned !!!!
1.1M 61.4K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 38.7K 90
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...