Danganronpa: The Inventor

By SamM387

You've been accepted into Hopes Peak High School. However, things get weird as your put in a killing game inv... More

Chapter 1: Welcome to Hopes Peak High School
Chapter 2: No Hope of Escape
Chapter 3: The First Investigation
Chapter 5: Not Everyone is Trustworthy
Chapter 6: Second Investigation and Trial
Chapter 7: A Glimmer of Hope
Chapter 8: A Strange Search
Chapter 9: The Third Trial

Chapter 4: The First Class Trial

117 2 0
By SamM387

After investigating the death of Sayaka Maizono, the students had made their way to the trial room. It looked awfully nice for a courtroom discussing the murder of one of their classmates. Monokuma was sitting on a chair away from where the stands are. There were a total of sixteen stands, one of them had something in the way. That something, was a portrait of Sayaka.

"Be honest now, you were expecting something considerable less tasteful." Monokuma said while he was relaxing on his chair.

"Screwed up either way if you ask me." Said Mondo.

"Before we start. I have a question relevant to our task. Why the portrait?" Said Kyoko.

"Why not? Just because she is dead, I'd hate for her to miss the proceedings. Now, let's not waste any more time. Time to get judicial." Said Monokuma.

(You'll be in between Asahina and Hagakure.)

"This is jacked up. Nobody here really thinks one of us killed her?" Said Makoto.

"They'd be correct my boy. No room for doubt, I'm afraid." Said Monokuma.

Right. Everybody close your eyes! If you're the murderer, raise your hand." Kiyotaka said while closing his eyes.

"Yeah that'll float like an old lady's fart." Said Mondo.

"Enough chit chat. Commence debating for your lives!" Monokuma said after laughing a bit.

With that being said, the trial was now about to begin.

 "So, how does debating work?" Aoi asked while sounding a bit nervous.

"Knowing where to start is half the battle." Said Hifumi

"I think it might be smart to state what we already know then go from there." Said Y/N.

"We know it was Sayaka Maizono that was murdered." Said Kiyotaka.

"Obviously, and it was in Naegi's room. Specifically in the bathroom." Said Byakuya.

"So it seems most likely that the killer must have taken her by surprise while she was in the bathroom. She didn't have the chance to resist." Said Chihiro.

"No, that's wrong!" Said Makoto.

Everyone would then look at Naegi as he just jumped in without warning.

"Sorry about that, but hold on a second Chihiro. Try and remember how my room looked. With the way things had been damaged, I think we can definitely assume there was a struggle." Said Makoto.

"There were a lot of scratch marks and a flipped table." Mukuro said while continuing to speak like Junko.

"Which clearly means that Sayaka fought back against her attacker." Said Makoto.

"I see. My mistake." Said Chihiro.

"That should've been obvious from the start." Byakuya said, almost to make him sound like he knew everything.

"Now that we established that, we should discuss the murder weapon and go from there." Said Kyoko.

"We can be sure it was the weapon because of where it was found. Sticking out of the victims mid-section is not generally where a knife is kept!" Said Kiyotaka.

"Congratulations, you're good." Mondo said sarcastically.

"Don't blow him off, it's important." Said Makoto.

"What?" Mondo said a bit surprised.

"Just stop and think about it for a sec. The knife was a kitchen knife." Said Makoto.

"Indeed, meaning it came from the kitchen. That's the only location that would hold that specific weapon." Said Y/N.

"So, does that mean whoever was in the kitchen last night is a suspect?" Aoi asked while thinking about the knife more.

"He's just trying to get us to split hairs. He's the killer, remember?" Leon said then glared at Makoto.

"Wait, you know what? I think I can prove Naegi isn't the one that took the knife." Said Aoi.

This surprised everyone as the attention was now on Asahina.

"I would know since Sakura and me spent most of the day  yesterday hangin' out in the cafeteria." Said Aoi.

"I'm sorry, Sakura is who, exactly? No offense." Celestia said while looking around.

"None taken." Sakura said, getting everyone to look at her.

Everyone then went silent, but Y/N thought it was weird since the students met each other right when they all got here.

"We were there until late, enjoying a lovely evening tea, as it happens." Said Sakura.

"I was on edge. Sakura was sweet enough to keep me company and try to calm my nerves." Said Aoi.

"Well, what if you both did it? If you teamed up, you just have to keep your story straight." Toko said nervously.

 "Oh please note, if two or more people team up to commit murder, only actual killer is eligible for graduation. No exceptions." Said Monokuma.

"Yes, it's clearly stated in the rules." Byakuya says while holding his digital notebook.

"I see. In other words, no one stands to gain anything from opting to team up." Said Celestia.

"Yeah, fine. Then stop beating around the bush and tell us who took the knife already! Y-You idiot swimmer girl!" Said Toko.

"You take that back!" Aoi said, clearly angry by what Toko said.

"As Hina said, we were there for some time. We know who took the knife because we witnessed its removal." Said Sakura.

"Why would you not mention this sooner?" Byakuya asked a bit confused.

"I guess, cause it's rude to speak ill of the dead. It was Sayaka. I don't know why, but it was definitely her." Said Aoi.

This caught quite a few people by surprise.

"But that doesn't make sense. Why would she take the knife?" Makoto said in confusion.

"I'm afraid there can be no doubt." Sakura said then closed her eyes.

Both Sakura and Aoi then explained how they saw Sayaka walked into the kitchen and grabbed something to drink. And when she left, they noticed that the knife was no longer in its place. 

"Of course, yeah. She must've wanted it to protect herself." Said Makoto.

"That being the case. The very thing she thought to fend off her attacker proved her undoing. Simple tragic irony at it's finest." Said Byakuya.

"Yeah, no kidding." Said Makoto.

"All the same Makoto. You're still rather far from clearing your name in this bloody business." Said Byakuya

"Ah ha! See there is murder written all over his face!" Said Toko.

"Damnit I told you it wasn't me!" Makoto yelled, which seemed to scare Toko a bit.

"On guard everyone, he's attempting to steer the debate in his favor. You posses a very terrifying talent, such a skilled manipulator." Hifumi said while changing the way his voice sounded.

Everyone was looking at Makoto, but the more Y/N thought about it, the more he didn't think it was Makoto. There was still certain questions that needed to be answered.

"Hold on, we're not done yet. It's too soon to say he is the one that killed Maizono." Said Y/N.

"I agree with, Y/N. There is evidence we're not considering." Said Kyoko.

"What evidence?" Sakura asked a bit surprised by this.

"Think back to the state of the crime scene." Said Kyoko.

"Didn't we already discuss that? It looked like it went through a war, what else is there to discuss." Said Mukuro.

"Think back to the door to enter the shower. Did it look like the culprit had easy access to the shower?" Said Kyoko.

"What are you driving at?" Said Celestia.

"The doorknob to my shower was thrashed. I saw it." Said Makoto.

"It did look like it had seen better days." Said Hifumi.

"So, w-what does that supposed to prove except he broke in to get at his prey. A-Animal!" Toko said while glaring at Makoto.

"I think what Kyoko is getting at, is why would Makoto need to destroy his own bathroom doorknob." Y/N said then looked at Kyoko

"That's precisely what I am trying to get at." Said Kyoko.

"Are you two nuts? He needed in, boom. End of story. He didn't have any choice since she locked the door on him." Said Mondo.

"I can prove you wrong! The shower doors don't lock in the boys room. Only the girls showers do." Makoto said and got everyone to look at him.

"Yeah? And how do you know that?" Said Mondo.

"Didn't you read the note in the rooms. It said it on there." Mukuro said this, confirming what Makoto said.

"I can also confirm that the girls doors do indeed lock." Said Sakura.

"I see. I threw it away before reading it. My mistake." Said Mondo.

"Then why'd the killer have to go through the trouble of breaking the doorknob to get at Maizono?" Chihiro asked.

"Because it was stuck." Makoto said to Chihiro.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Leon said as he was confused.

"My bathroom door doesn't fit in the frame right. There is a trick to opening it. The killer didn't know." Said Makoto.

"If that's the case, the killer would've thought they were in a girls room." Said Y/N.

"Yeah, they probably thought the only option was to bust the doorknob." Said Makoto.

"If Naegi were the murderer, he'd be aware the door doesn't lock, and knowing the trick to opening it, simply walked in." Said Kyoko.

Everyone seemed to agree with the evidence that was presented in front of them. Somewhat clearing Naegi's name for the time being. 

"Thank you, Kirigiri and Y/N." Makoto said with a smile on his face.

"Don't get too comfortable. We're not done yet." Said Kyoko.

"Let's assume the killer is someone else. Where would they get the idea that the door was locked? Were they not aware that the two had switched rooms and why be there if they didn't?" Said Celestia.

"That's the point. From the evidence, I think we can safely assume the killer believed he or she was actually in Maizono's room." Said Kyoko.

"Let me get this straight. You're saying the culprit was in the dark about the room swap." Said Chihiro.

"Please. We were all in the dark about it!" Toko said as that was obvious.

"This ain't exactly narrowing our list of suspects!" Said Mondo.

"So, then we put it to a majority vote." Said Kiyotaka.

"That could work, yeah." Leon said, agreeing with Kiyotaka.

"We are in a bit of a pinch, either we put someone on the chopping block or we all get the axe." Said Yasuhiro

"No need to throw our hands in the air, Hiro. The devil is into details. I urge you all to focus." Said Celestia.

"Now that I think about it. If Maizono was freaked out like Naegi said, how'd the killer get in to begin with? She wouldn't have let them in." Said Aoi.

"Was the locked picked?" Said Chihiro.

"Not possible the tumblers are all reinforced electronically." Said Kiyotaka.

"How about this then? The killer got in the easy way. They could've knocked and said they wanted to talk or something, and Maizono just let them in." Hifumi suggested.

"No, that can't be it either. Sayaka was to scared to open the door." Said Makoto.

Makoto then recalled what Sayaka said when they were swapping rooms.

"What if, it was a lie?" Said Kyoko.

"Huh?" Makoto said as he didn't believe that.

"Her terror could've been a ruse." Said Kyoko.

This catches everyone off guard and to look at Kirigiri.

"No, she wouldn't lie to me. Sayaka and I were friends?" Said Makoto as he was upset by that scenario.

"Yes, I will grant you it is an unpleasant possibility to consider. But I'm afraid necessary." Said Kyoko.

Kyoko then holds up a piece of paper. She then passed it so Makoto could see it. Only he could see what was on it.

"What's that supposed to be?" Makoto asked nervously.

"The impression of a letter she wrote. I found it on the notepad in your room by shading over the top sheet with a pencil." Said Kyoko.

"Oh, I've seen people do that on detective shows before." Said Aoi.

"I didn't even think about doing that. Did you happen to write that, Naegi?" Y/N said then looked at Makoto.

"No, I didn't." Said Makoto as he kept looking at the letter.

"I thought as much. Maizono's signature is clearly legible. She most likely intended on writing that letter to lure someone to their death." Said Kyoko.

"Someone would have to be dead inside to overlook a personal invitation from a teen idol of Maizono's caliber. That is, unless they were already satisfied with those of the 2D variety." Hifumi said in a proud voice.

"Yes, but the note clearly says to go to her room. Right? But can we also be certain someone received the note?" Said Celestia.

"What are you talking about?" Mukuro asked and looked at Celestia.

"Whoever received the note, would've gone to the room Naegi was instead of the room Maizono was in. Which also means they had no involvement in the murder whatsoever." Said Celestia.

"Are you sure about that, Celestia?" Y/N said as he knew she was wrong.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Celestia said confidently.

"Did you notice the nameplates on Naegi and Maizono's doors?" Said Y/N

 "The nameplates?" Celestia asked in a confused tone.

"Yeah, our digital notebooks display the names and location of our rooms. But if you looked at the actual doors, they nameplates don't matchup on the map. So, if Maizono did write that letter and swapped the nameplates. What does that mean?" Said Y/N

"That would mean she was luring someone to Naegi's room." Said Chihiro.

"Exactly." Y/N said, agreeing with Chihiro.

"Well, if memory serves. I believe the phrase "tossed out a little earlier" was luring someone to their death." Said Byakuya

"Yes, seems so, and its the only logical conclusion left. Of course that points the finger away from Naegi." Said Kyoko.

"Finally." Makoto said as he was relieved to be in the clear.

"Okay, then who did it?" Said Leon.

"Isn't it obvious? Whoever she invited to my room turned the tables on her. Got to her first." Said Makoto.

"We're actually going with this idea that she swapped rooms to try and off someone?" Aoi asked as she couldn't believe that.

"Far from the worst of gambits. Once the deed was done, she'd have an out. She had to switch the nameplates back to pin it on you." Byakuya said and looked at Makoto.

"She'd never do that!" Makoto said with anger in his voice.

"Oh please, wake up! What could she have possibly done if not that?" Byakuya said to get through to Makoto.

"Her fatal misstep, of course, was inadvertently giving her perspective victim the opportunity to fight back." Said Byakuya.

"They got the first strike in with that katana!" Said Yasuhiro.

"No, that was used in self defense." Said Celestia.

"Yes, the damage to the sheath implies as much." Said Byakuya.

"I agree with Celestia and Byakuya. However, it was also used to attack Sayaka as well." Said Y/N.

"How so?" Said Mukuro.

"The gold comes off the katana rather easily. The katana was likely used to fend off Sayaka's since there was gold on her fractured wrist." Said Y/N.

"Had things gone according to plan, Maizono would be standing here now, pointing the finger at Naegi." Said Byakuya.

"I trusted her, why would she...?" Makoto said in disbelief.

"Why wouldn't she? It was an ironclad way out of here, was it not?" Celestia said to say exactly what Sayaka was planning.

"If we omit the fact that it was a spectacular failure, yes. Poor fool." Said Byakuya.

"Don't talk about her like that!" Makoto said with anger in his voice again.

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you have a reason to defend her?" Byakuya said to Makoto.

"No, but still!" Said Makoto.

"Calm down, this isn't the time to argue. Focus." Said Kyoko

"Yes, quite right." Said Celestia.

"Let's get to it then. It's one of us." Said Byakuya.

Y/N started to think of anything that could help solve this murder. Some students were panicking or looked very scared for what could potentially happen if this isn't solved in time.

"Well, guess that's it for us. Damn. If only there was more to go on, right? We're out of clues." Leon said like he had given up.

"No that's wrong!" Makoto said and got everyone's attention.

"They hell am I missing then?" Leon asked in confusion.

"Something pretty big actually. She left us a message, not the one on the notepad." Makoto said to Leon.

"She left a dying message, one scrawled in blood on the wall behind her." Said Kyoko.

Y/N thought back to when he and Kyoko looked in the bathroom. He remembered seeing the numbers, along with the blood coming from her finger.

"Hey Fujisaki, Y/N. You two have to deal with numbers more than us, right? That message mean anything?" Mondo said to both of them.

"I tried every decryption trick in the book, but whatever there supposed to mean, it's not code I know. I'm sorry." Chihiro said as she was upset she couldn't figure it out.

"Same here. I couldn't figure it out." Said Y/N.

Y/N was then thinking about what it could've meant, but the numbers didn't make sense at all.

"That's it, I've got it!" Said Makoto.

Once again, everyone turned to look at Naegi. 

"The message wasn't a string of numbers. She wrote out her killers name." Makoto said.

Everyone was shocked to hear this.

"If you flipped those marks around a hundred and eighty degrees, there you have it. Plain as day. L E O N. Whadaya you know, that's your name isn't it. Leon Kuwata." Makoto said while looking at Leon.

Everyone then turned to Leon. A lot were glaring at him, he had been pushing the blame on Naegi the entire time, now it was his turn to feel the blame.

"So Leon, if you got anything to say. Now's the time." Said Makoto.

Leon couldn't do anything but breathe a bit heavily and look at Makoto.

"Disappointing, Leon." Said Sakura.

"Give me a break, you're not seriously listening to this lying little punk!" Leon said a bit nervously.

"Sayaka identified her killer from beyond the grave. A name written in blood as her life ebbed away." Said Kyoko.

"Scrawled that way because of her head." Said Makoto.

"Most likely due to her losing a lot of blood. She didn't have enough energy left to move her entire body." Said Y/N.

"Maybe someone is trying to frame me. You think of that? Everything you got is circumstantial!" Said Leon

"Lets assume you're not the perpetrator. Care to explain why you tried to destroy evidence?" Said Kyoko.

Leon looked shocked by this and everyone else seemed to be confused. 

"Somebody explain." Said Kiyotaka.

"She's talking about the chard shirt pieces and broken glass ball fragments me and Yamada found in the incinerator room." Said Makoto.

"Right, I forgot all about those." Said Hifumi as he just remembered that as well.

"You know, come to think of it. I haven't seen my crystal ball in a while. Think that's what happened to it." Said Yasuhiro.

"I think we now have enough evidence to know what exactly happened." Said Y/N.

Y/N then looked at Makoto. who nodded back.

"Here's what I think happened." Said Makoto.

(For these moments, I'll be summarizing while being as detailed as possible. But to stay true to the games and anime, Makoto will have the last say.)

The killer was invited to Sayaka's room, or rather, Makoto's room. She invited them, with the intention of killing them. She would attack them with the knife she had gotten from the kitchen earlier, but the killer would then be able to do something she wasn't prepared for. They used the gold katana to defend themselves from Sayaka's attacks. During the altercation, the culprit used the sword to fracture Sayaka's right wrist. She probably lost her grip of the knife, which would explain how the attacker got a hold of it.

With nothing to defend herself with now, she went into the bathroom for safety thanks to the door needing a trick to open it. Sayaka knew because Makoto had told her when they swapped rooms. The killer forced their way in while taking the kitchen knife into the bathroom along with them. They then stabbed Sayaka, but with what strength she had left, she left a dying message on the wall behind her to her left. 

The killer then needed to get rid of the evidence, specifically their bloody shirt. Unfortunately, the incinerator room was locked. The killer then used Yasuhiro's glass ball, which was most likely left in another room the killer had access to. The killer then managed to throw the ball through the gap in the fenced off gate to hit the incinerator switch to turn it on. For any normal person, it would be impossible to do it. But the culprit, was the Ultimate Baseball Star.

With the incinerator now on, and the flames roaring, the killer threw threw their shirt into the incinerator as well. However, they also made a mistake. A small piece of he shirt didn't make it into the incinerator, and was on the floor in front of it. Leaving behind a crucial piece of evidence. 

"Isn't that right, Leon Kuwata!?" Makoto said to Leon.

Leon would now be sweating more and looked pissed at Makoto. 

"You stand accused, now would be the time to object." Said Kyoko.

"Object. Yeah, let me think about that. Of course I object! I object! I object! I object! I object!" Said Leon.

Leon would be screaming this along with that there was no evidence to pin it on him because it being circumstantial.

"You're the only here capable of throwing the glass ball hard enough to be able to hit the incinerator switch." Said Makoto.

"This is all stupid! Yamada could've unlocked the gate!" Said Leon.

"Which is why he didn't need to use the glass ball. He could've used his key and walked off without any of us suspecting him." Said Makoto.

"Big man trying to trick me into fessing up. Well like I said it's all circumstantial!" Said Leon.

"There is still one vital piece of evidence that points directly at you!" said Makoto.

"What, are you going to make something up now!" Said Leon.

"The screws to the doorknob of the bathroom were removed." Said Leon.

"Who gives a flying rats ass?!" Said Leon.

"How do you think they were removed?" Said Makoto.

"Who cares?! This is stupid! Stupidstupidstupidstupid!" Said Leon.

"Why don't you show us your toolkit?" Said Makoto.

"This is stupid! Without evidence, this is all stupid and bullshit!" Said Leon.

"Then if I am wrong, show us your toolkit then!" Said Makoto.

"Stupid stup-...!" Said Leon who was now sweating a bit more now.

"My toolkit hasn't been used. Which means the killer had to use their own. What have you got to hide?" Said Makoto.

Leon then went silent, with a look of fear on his face.

 "Bear in mind, if it has been used, prepare to explain in minute detail until every last one of us is satisfied." Said Byakuya.

"And under the circumstances, not knowing, is not an excuse." Said Kyoko.

"Stup...pid..." Said Leon.

With that, he couldn't say anything else. The fear all over his face as it paralyzes him, making him unable to speak or move. He couldn't even defend himself for what seemed like forever, but was only about a minute. Monokuma then laughed.

"I think you've reached your verdict. Major kudos. Let's move on to voting time. Everyone, pull one of the switches in front of you and lock in your votes." Said Monokuma.

Inside the stands, there switches that came out from the top. Almost like this was a gameshow. The switches were buttons that had everyone's names on them. Everyone seemed hesitant to press one. Well, almost everyone. Togami, Kirigiri, and Celestia had made their choice immediately without hesitation. The rest of the class had voted as well. The last person, was Leon. The buttons then disappeared into the stands and Monokuma spoke once more.

"Correct! Well done, peeps. Sayaka Maizono's murderer was indeed, Leon Kuwata!" Said Monokuma.

Most of students didn't want to believe it despite going through the trial. It was still rather shocking that someone would kill a fellow student. While Y/N looked down, he glanced at Mukuro. She was shocked as well, but Y/N knew why. It's because despite the fact Kuwata did commit the murder, he also helped save her. 

"You, son of a bitch! What the hell got into you!?" Mondo said and was clearly angry.

"I didn't want to. She was... she was trying to kill me right. I just... I didn't know what else to do okay. What if she'd have gone after you?! You'd all do the same thing in my shoes!" Said Leon.

Leon then broke down, crying and falling to his knees while placing his head against his podium.

"And yet... you saved me." Said Mukuro.

Everyone then looked at Mukuro, or rather who they think is Junko Enoshima. 

"Even though you did something horrible. You still helped save my life earlier." Said Mukuro.

"I just... felt guilty about it. I thought... maybe I could forgive myself if I did something right." Leon said while still crying.

"Excellent job dispensing tough justice, and I mean that. Moving on to the punishment phase!" Said Monokuma.

Leon would then get up and back away from his podium. He would then argue saying that he acted in self defense, but that was shot down by Celestia when she said he went out of his way to get his own toolkit to kill Maizono.

"Get me out of this place!" Leon said panicking. 

"All star athlete Leon Kuwata, who's talents behind the plate certainly held more promise than his career as a lady killer, will receive a very special punishment." Said Monokuma.

"No! Please stop!" Said Leon as he was in fear.

"Let's give it everything we've got! It's punishment time!" Said Monokuma.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Leon yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Now that's what I call extreme! I feel the adrenaline coursing through me like lightning!" Said Monokuma.

Everyone watched in horror as to what just happened. Seeing this showed everyone how things truly work here now at Hope's Peak. This is also a potential indication of what would've happened if they were wrong. Monokuma would be talking, poking at Naegi a bit and causing Kirigiri to prevent Naegi from doing something stupid. 

Later, after the trial and when everyone returned to their rooms. 

Y/N made his way to Mukuro's room, to discuss everything. He knocked on her door and she smiled at him. He entered her room and she sat on her bed. He sat next to her.

"How are you after... you know?" Y/N asked.

"Seeing someone dead, nothing new. I'm the Ultimate Soldier, remember?" Said Mukuro.

"Yeah, I probably should've known. You have been in many battles. Just thought I'd ask." Said Y/N.

"I appreciate your concern. I know you came here because of what I said before we went to the trial room." Said Mukuro.

"Yeah, I am." Said Y/N.

"I won't lie to you. I was the first person to arrive at the gym, but that was because Monokuma woke me up." Said Mukuro.

"Monokuma woke you up?" Y/N said in a confused tone.

"Yeah, I woke up in some sort of lab. He said he made some small adjustments to my body to make me look more 'presentable'. I just didn't think he'd make me look like my sister. Which is weird since he..." Said Mukuro.

"He what?" Y/N asked as he wanted to know what happened.

"He originally had me do it for the sake of this game. Then the motives were shown and I saw my sister, chained to a wall. He offered me a way out if I were to rebel against him the first chance I got." Said Mukuro.

"But then he tried to kill you." Said Y/N.

"I didn't think it was a trap. I just wanted to go find my sister. I don't understand why he did that." Mukuro says while looking down.

"Your despair." Y/N said now realizing what Monokuma meant.

"What?" Mukuro said while being a bit confused.

"Remember what he said in the video room. He wants our despair. Or rather, he wanted you to feel despair in that moment." Said Y/N.

Mukuro looked down once again. Y/N rubbed her back to try and comfort her. She looked like she was about to cry but she didn't and looked back at him. She gave Y/N a soft smile, which caused him to smile back at her.

"Anything else you need to tell me or is that it?" Y/N asked.

"I think... I helped him set up this game." Mukuro said nervously.

"What?" Y/N said as he was surprised by what she said.

"When he was talking to me, he thanked me for helping him even though I didn't know what he was talking about." Said Mukuro.

"He probably got rid of those memories as well if you did. Probably to dump that info on you to give you more despair. Or it could be a lie. I wouldn't worry about that, I know you couldn't have done anything like that to us." Said Y/N.

"Thank you. That's everything I know so far. I'm not hiding anything else." Mukuro says with a smile.

"Alright then. We'll talk more tomorrow in the morning." Said Y/N.

Y/N pulled Ikusaba into a small hug. It sounded like she was surprised when he did this, but she hugged back. Once they broke from the hug, Y/N stood up and looked at her.

"I will see you tomorrow morning. Maybe some of your memories that come back can help us. Oh, and if Monokuma tells you anything, let me know." Said Y/N.

"Of course. No more secrets between us. How long do you think I have until I can stop pretending to be Junko Enoshima?" Said Mukuro.

"I'm not sure. But it's still probably best if we don't say anything. That is, unless Monokuma reveals it himself." Y/N said then got up and walked towards the door.

"I won't let that happen. I'll reveal my true self to everyone. I won't give him the satisfaction of having my despair." Mukuro said confidently.

Y/N nodded at her and smiled. She smiles back confidently. Both of them were now on the same page and trusted each other even more. Both of them told each other "goodnight" before Y/N left the room. Once he exited her room, he closed it and heard it lock. Y/N hoped nothing bad would happen to her tonight while she was sleeping. He then glanced to his left and saw a door at the edge of the hallway open. It was Kyoko's door, and he barely saw her spying on him before she closed the door. He couldn't help but now get a bad feeling from her seeing him leaving Mukuro's room.

Remaining students: 14/16

End of Chapter 4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85K 2.4K 10
Y/n L/n, The Ultimate Toxicologist. Trapped with her fellow students.. in a killing game. People out to target her all the time. One person she finds...
483K 11.6K 28
You have been accepted into Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Psychologist, but when you meet a certain despair obsessed girl and become trapped in...
18K 192 18
"Welcome (Y/N) (L/N), the Ultimate [insert talent here], you have been accepted to Hopes Peak Acedemy, along with 14 other students! " You were excit...
2.4K 22 41
[I recommend reading Daughter of Hope first before this...but this can also be read as a stand-alone. I own nothing except the Motono's. Book cover m...