Daughter of a Devil

By Merelaarninkhoff

This is a mafia romance, It's a slow burn! And friends to lovers. Here's a sneak peek of the first chapter: O... More

- introducion -
- part 1 -
- part 2 -
- part 3 -
- part 4 -
- part 5 -
- part 6 -
- Part 7 -
- Part 8 -
- part 9 -
- Part 10 -
- part 11 -
- Part 12 -
- Part 13 -
- Part 14 -
- Part 15 -
- Part 16 -
- Part 17 -
- Part 18 -
- Part 19 -
- Part 20 -
- Part 21 -
- Part 22 -
- Part 23 -
- Part 24 -
- Part 25 -
- Part 26 -
- Part 27 -
- Part 28 -
- Part 29 -
- Part 30 -
- Part 31 -
- Part 32 -
- Part 33 -
- Part 34 -
- Part 35 -
- Part 36 -
- Part 37 -
- Part 38 -
- Part 39 -
- Part 40 -
- Part 41 -
- Part 42 -
- Part 43 -
- Part 44 -
- Part 45 -
- Part 46 -
- Part 47 -
- Part 48 -
- Part 49 -
- Part 50 -
- Part 51 -
- Part 52 -
- Part 53 -
- Part 54 -
- Part 55 -
- Part 56 -
- Part 57 -
- Part 58 -
- Part 60 -
- Part 61 -
Part 62
Part 63
Final part

- Part 59 -

18 2 0
By Merelaarninkhoff

Romano's P.O.V.

She's sleeping on my shoulder while I'm driving us home.

As soon as Matteo called me and told me what had happened I got into my car and drove of to get her.

Fuck, she's burning up and is pale in the face. I knew she had gotten sicker over the last few days but I assume she would be smart enough to listen to her body and take the rest she needs so that she wouldn't become sicker. Or in this case, tiring herself out till she passes out while training with her friends.

But guess I was wrong concerning I'm calling my doctor to come to my house so he can check up on her.

I have to admit, I'm mad at her. Why wouldn't she take care of herself so she wouldn't become this sick? Or even better, why did she kept denying it to me? But I put my anger away for now and just focus on making sure she'll get better.

When we arrive home I see Marcus getting out of his car, he's in his doctors coat while he's carrying his bag with all his needed supplies.

'Just on time' I think while getting out myself before going to the passenger side to pick Sarah up and bringing her inside.

Marcus turned to the sound of the of the doors open and close and spots us. He follows us inside and up to Sarah's room, I laid her down on her bed and watch carefully as he checks her and did some tests while she was half awake. She also answered some questions but when he didn't say anything she kept looking at me with the look I couldn't figure out.

Eventually my stare got to heavy for her as she broke our eye contacts and look at Marcus that was measuring her blood pressure.

He eventually stood up again and put the equipment he used back in his bag.

"You have a very high fever as you've probably noticed, mis. I recommend you take bed-rest until you start getting better and from there start slowly to do things like working again. " He started, making Sarah nod her head in understanding.

He walked up to me and handed me a bottle of pills "Make sure she takes this every day, one in the morning, one in the evening, they do have some side effects but nothing extreme, only a bit more sleepy and maybe she has to take a little longer to proses things." He informed me, I nodded my head and ask Charles to bring Marcus to his car. I heard the door shut close behind them with a click as I turned my attention back to Sarah that was sitting up in bed. She had her head down while she was playing with her rings on her hands.

I set down beside her, the bottle of pill's still in my grip.

"I'm sorry." She said softly while looking in my eyes with an emotion I can only describe as shame "I know you're mad." She finished.

"I'm not mad," I sight "I'm disappointed."

"That's worse." She said while letting herself sink into the bed. I smile softly and put a stain of hair behind her ear. "How are you feeling." I asked her, trying to change the subject knowing stress isn't something you want to give to an already very sick person.

She sight with a little laugh "I feel like shit." She admitted while pulling the blanked up to her chin, completely going under the soft and warm feeling her blanked gives.

I look the bottle of pills in my hand and decide to give her her medicine with her dinner.

"Go back to sleep and take some rest while I make you dinner, it should be ready in about an hour." I tell her while looking at my watch.

"Wait, you can cook?" She asked surprised while looking confused.

I let out a chuckle "Of course I can cook, why wouldn't I?" I asked her back while kissing her forehead and standing up.

She shrugged "I don't know, never saw you do it, so I assumed you couldn't."

"You don't know a lot of things about me, give it time, and remember,I still have to repay you with the questions from last week." I reminded her while walking towards the door. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't asked me to repay her yet, I got that she didn't want it the same night -I mean, we were both overwhelmed with emotions so it wouldn't be very smart, but still- I thought she would have asked me by now.

"Yeah that's true, see you soon." She said while going into a sleeping position, still not giving me any clue to why she hasn't asked me yet. I sight and closed the door while going downstairs.

...

It's been a little under a hour when I'm done with her food. I've made a pasta with a recipe that already runs for generations in my family for when people are sick. Most families make something simple like chicken-soup, but nothing tastes better to an Italian than a good, homemade portion of pasta. I just hope she likes it.

I walk back upstairs with the food and something to drink in my hands while I nocked on her door before opening it.

She's still asleep so I place the food on her nightstand before softly waking her. But, instead of waking up she takes my hand and hugs it like it's a teddy bear while mumbling 5 more minutes.

Yeah, she's not awake yet.

"Sarah, wake up, you don't want to eat your food cold now do you?" I asked her in soft voice while trying to free my hand.

'How strong of a grip does she has, fucking hell.'

She growled in annoyance "I'm not hungry." She said while turning, and taking my hand with her! Good thing is, I can easily turn her back in this position.

"Come on, angel, you have to eat. I'm not going leave until you have, even if I have to hand-feed you like a baby." I said while turning her back around to face me.

"Fine, I'm up." She grumbled while I helped her sitting up, she leaned against me while I handed her her food. Her eyes widened by the first bite she took before moaning at the taste. "This is sooo good!" She said happily before taking another bite.

I smile at her while stoking her hair.

After a while of her happily eating and us talking she had ate everything. I grabbed the pills with her glass of water and want to hand it to her but she refuses.

"Sarah." I said in a warning tone, making clear I'm not playing games about this. She has to take these damn pills!

She just turned her head and crossed her arms over her chest while shaking her head no.

'Why is she being so stubborn?! She has taken pills like this already for the last week so why is she acting like this-' I cut my own thoughts off. "You didn't take any of the medication Charles gave you, have you?" I asked with an angry undertone, no wonder she didn't get better!

Once she didn't answered I knew she hadn't.

"Take it."

"No." She replied while turning towards me again.

"Yes."

"No."

"Sarah." I warned, but she still didn't budge.

"No way."

I groaned in annoyance "Why are you acting like such a child?" I asked while trying to calm myself down, I really don't like it when people go against me.

"Because it's gross and I have to gage every time I take one!" She explained, raising her voice a little at me while taking a quick glance at the pills in my hand before turning back to me.

"First, don't raise your voice at me." I made clear, I won't tolerate that from nobody, not even her. "And secondly, what can I do to make you take your medicine?" I asked because if she has to take this two times a day I don't want to have this discussion every time.

That caught her attention, 'I'm already regretting this' I think while watching her think "I'll take my medicine IF you let Max leave with Christmas." She said eventually.

'This again?'

I let out a sight "Why do you want him to leave so badly? I thought you two got along." I asked, this is the only thing I've ever said no too, but she's so determined about it.

"Because I want him to visit his family." She said while her eyes begged me to understand.

"Why is it so important to you?" I asked, wanting to get her reasons better.

"Because he hasn't seen them in seven years! The point is, I know how it feel like to be separated from your loved once at special days like that." She explained "Think about it like this, you would want to spent Christmas with me if you knew were I would be right? Please, you don't have to pay for anything that involves the trip to them, just give him a chance to visit them." She asked with doe eyes.

I sight "When you promise to take your medicine two times a day, without any discussion, I'm willing to let him go for a few days. But if you don't do it, or make a fuss about it, then it's off, deal?" I asked with a raised brow.

Her eyes widened "Wait, you're actually agreeing?!" She asked shocked while changing her position so she was sitting or her knees while looking at me with disbelief.

Looks like she has regained some energy from the little nap she took.

"Mhm, if you take your medicine and rest, than yes." I said while trying not to let my amusement show until she has agreed.

She lets out a defended sight while opening her hand "Fine, hand me those disgusting things."

...

It's the next day and I'm working in my office after a meeting when there's a nock on my door.

"Come in." I say to the unknown person while I kept my eyes on the papers on my desk.

"Sir," my assistant said while coming in "there's someone here for you, do you want me to let them in?" He asked while he stood by the door.

I frown my brows "Who is it?"

"It's mr. Kaneshiro, sir."

"Witch one?" I asked, it could be both Luca or Leo.

"The oldest, he said he had to give some you papers and insisted on doing it himself." He said, letting me know he's talking about Leo. I was so focused of Sarah that I todily forgot he would come by today.

"Yes, let him in." I told him while signing the paper in front of me while he walked out. Not even five minutes later Leo entered, papers in hand.

"You forgot, didn't you?" He asked me after he closed the door behind himself. I watch him sit down in front of me as he placed the papers on my desk.

"Yes, sorry, I've had a lot on my mind today." I tell him while scanning over the papers.

"About what?" He asked while leaning back in his seat. Me and him have build some kind of relationship, we still keep things professional, but we can tell each other stuff that's bother us.

"It's Sarah, she's sick." I say while placing the papers back down and look at him.

"She told you she was sick?" He asked surprised while raising a brow.

'Looks like she has a repatriation of not telling people she's sick.' I think while shaking my head 'no'. "I had to find out myself unfortunately. But seeing your reaction I assume she never tells people she's sick?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I don't know why, but she always denies she's sick. Julia could always see through her but, since her passing she keeps her act up till she can't come out of her bed anymore." He explains. "How is she doing?" He asked concerned.

"She'll be fine as long as she takes her god damn medicine." I said getting frustrated.

He only chuckled "Yeah, she never liked it and just refuses. How do you think you can make her take it?" He asked while looking amused.

"We made a deal." I explained with a shrug. He raised his brow, asking me to explain. "If she takes the pills without any objection I'll let her bodyguard have a few days off with Christmas so he can visit his family that he hasn't seen for a few years." I said a bit irritated, I don't like the idea but if it helps her I'm willing to do it.

He got a easy smile on his face "Of course she has to include somebody els in this." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not getting what he ment.

He just shook head "Nothing, she just always has to take care of the people around her, because, trust me, if it wasn't for him, she probably would still be throwing her pills away." He said with a dry laugh.

I let that sink in for a while, she truly is an angel, setting others before herself.

I let out a chuckle myself "I just hope I don't have to make a stupid deal like that with her every time, and that she actually does her part of the deal."

"Oh, don't worry about that, she always keeps her word. And I'm pretty sure that even if she wasn't, she wouldn't want to risk you not doing your part." Leo said while standing up again.

A/N:

I know, i know, it's been waaay longer than a week and I'm sorry.

I hope i didn't lose my readers bc of this, so lets just pray i didn't 😅

Anyways, i hope you enjoyed this part and maybe gave a little bit of your time to vote and comment.

See y'all soon:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 4.6K 30
"I'm busy," he said sounding slightly irritated. Well that makes two of us. Suddenly I had an idea. I walked over to him with a smirk. I went behind...
405K 9.6K 61
(My other books are better) 😭) Lelia Malik: a petite girl who was forced to go to Italy from her very very very strict Pathan parents. With her 'fri...
2.2M 36K 46
"Someone's coming, we have to be quick, Enzo." I said, and he swiftly unbuttoned my blouse, revealing my naked chest. "Baby, nothing about what I'm...
151K 2.9K 52
The mafia princess has gone, and the Queen has returned. Born to the most dangerous family in the world, Elle was a beautiful, innocent girl who has...