Long live | A. Pendragon.

By bookwurmpi

Momentarily editing the chapters i have. Mikaela is the sweet and naive twin of Merlin, that journeys with Me... More

Intro + cast.
Book I
I. The Dragon's Call.
II. Valiant.
III. The Mark of Nimueh.
IV. The Poisoned Chalice.
V. Lancelot.
VI. A Remedy to Cure All Ills.
VII. The Gates of Avalon.
IX. Excalibur.

VIII. The Beginning of the End.

706 21 3
By bookwurmpi

Omg 😱 100+ reads! Thank you guys so much! Chapter eight people!! Have fun reading with our little Mordred. Finally we shall know who and what Mikaela is in the chapter! Have fun!

"You better not get caught, blondie."

~^~^~^~

Mikaela walks silently through the market as she hums to herself, accompanied by the prince himself. Who she was walking back from the training grounds with. Gaius had send her out to get some herbs, fully knowing that she would end up watching the knights train. Which would mean after the training the prince would follow her to the market.

"Did you see that? The way i moved with the sword?" Arthur asks the young girl with a smile.

Mikaela stops humming, looking up at the prince. "Of course i did. Who else would i be paying attention to?" She asks with a sly grin on her lips.

"Uhm, Leon?" The prince says with a raised brow.

"And you worry why? He was fighting you, remember?" She tells the prince with a knowing grin.

She picks up some herbs from a stall while listening to Arthur rant about all the things that his knights had done wrong in his eyes. Mikaela humming every once in a while, buying some more herbs as they see the turned over market stall.

"Looks like someone pissed a merchant or the other way around." Arthur says, knowing it's not something odd for the markets to happen at.

"Just a normal day in Camelot." Mikaela chuckles at the thought of that.

"I was thinking, maybe we could head out to the flower field later today. I thought that we could take a blanket and i don't know, stargaze." Arthur suggests.

"Sounds like a plan, blondie." Mikaela chirps happily to the prince.

A sudden telepathic scream startles her, she gasps, dropping the basket in her hand. Arthur looks around frantically to see what could have startled her so much. Looking around for a moment herself but it had seemed to be in her head.

"You alright?" Arthur asks her as he picks up the basket for her. Looking at her startled face.

"Yeah, i believe so." She says, shock in her voice as she sounds dazed to the prince.

"Let's get you back, okay?" He tells her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder to lead her back to the castle.

As soon as they get to the castle, Arthur is pulled away by Leon about his father wanting to speak to him about something. Arthur turns to the shocked girl who's still in a daze of what had happened to her. A voice has been in her head.

"Go to Gaius, and take some rest." he tells her sternly.

"I will." Mikaela says before she heads to the physician chambers.

She walks through the corridor and up a pair of stairs before she gets to the physician chambers, she finds it empty. Gaius probably running some errands or a villager must he sick or something.

She leaves the physician room to look for her brother, she needs to talk to him about this. She wants to talk to someone who could understand about this and it doesn't take her long before she sees him walking before her.

"Merlin!" She shouts, running the last couple pf metres up to him.

He turns around to look at her and lows down his steps, grabbing her hand as she walks beside him. Feeling the need to get it off her chest. Wondering if it had happened to him too.

"I heard a boy scream in my head." Mikaela says in a whisper.

"So did i." He tells her.

They keep walking down the corridor, she doesn't like how the boy's scream had been full of pain. She wants to know who it belonged to or why he was in her head in the forst place.

"Help!" The telepathic voice of a child rings in their ears again.

Merlin stops to look for the owner of the voice, Mikaela is surprise again. Startled yet again by the voice, wanting to find the child now more then anything. Merlin drags his sister along to the square before he enters it with her in tow.

"Help me! Please." The child's voice begs again.

Merlin stops the two of them to look around again and Mikaela sees a boy sitting by a stone ledge, looking at them. She nudges her brother in the side and nods her head in that direction.

"Please. You have to help me." The voice of the boy begs in her head, pleading her to help.

Merlin and Mikaela both realise the boy is using telepathy to communicate with them, even though Mikaela already had gotten that idea in the market. Wondering why the boy is sitting there.

"Help me." He begs the two.

Merlin sees the guards enter the Square, searching for someone. Mikaela wants to wave the boy over and protect him with her life. Feeling as if she needs to protect the child. As if an instinct awakens within her, like that of a mother.

"They're searching for me." The boy tells them.

"Why are they after you?" Merlin asks the boy through his head, Mikaela surprised that she can hear his voice.

"They're going to kill me." The boy says to them, fearing for his life.

"We have to help him." Mikaela whispers to her brother.

"I know." He whispers back, before he tightly grips her hand again.

Merlin runs to a side door, pulling his sister along with him. When he looks at the guards rushing the opposite direction and then nods to the young boy. Mikaela let go of her brother, stretching her hand out to the boy.

"This way. Run. Run!" Merlin commands the boy.

The boy does as he is told and runs to Merlin, holding his wounded arm. Mikaela grabs the hand of the boy and they run up the Griffin Stairway. To the first floor. Mikaela pulls the boy along and up the curved stairs with Merlin in tow. Who opens the door of Morgana's chambers.

Mikaela pulls the boy protectively into her arms, panting as Merlin closes the door, Morgana looking at the three newcomers into her room. The young boy hugging the girl tightly in fear, rubbing her hands over his back.

"Have you forgotten how to knock, Merlin?!" Morgana asks her brother annoyed, not caring that Mikaela had burst in.

"The guards are after him. We didn't know what to do." Merlin tells Morgana sternly.

A guard knocks on the door, almost pounding it down, Mikaela can feel the boy nearly passing out in her arms as he seems to have been wounded badly. He hoists the boy off his feet and allows him to wrap his arms and legs around her.

"My Lady?" The guard asks, pounding on the door. "My Lady?" Comes the voice again.

"In there." Morgana says, pointing to the hidden spot with some curtains.

Mikaela rushes with the boy in her arms behind the curtain, Merlin pulling it closed and shielding them. Morgana waits until Merlin, Mikaela and the boy are behind the curtain to open the door.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, My Lady." The guard says to the lady Morgana.

The boy collapses into Mikaela's arms, his head dropping onto her shoulder and his leg and arms going slack around her as she barely manages to keep the boy from falling from her arms.

"We're searching for a young Druid boy. We believe he came this way." The guard tells the lady Morgana.

"I haven't seen anyone. It's just me and my maid." Morgana tells the guards sweetly.

"Best keep the door locked till we find him." The guard tells her.

"Of course. Thank you." Morgana thanks the guard.

Morgana closes the door and runs to check on the boy. Merlin's hand is covered in Mordred's blood as Mikaela has pulled the boy into her arms protectively. Not wanting to see the poor boy get worse or die.

Mikaela quickly tears of a piece of her blue dress to wrap around the boy's arm to stop it from bleeding any further and getting infected in the process. She doesn't let the boy go and runs her fingers through his hair softly, comforting him in some way.

The boy wakes up a little later before he lies awake. Not saying anything, not physical nor through telepathy. She smiles at him as she keeps running her fingers through his hair. Trying to comfort him still. Morgana and Merlin watch the Square below as the druid man is waiting to be executed. Terror in the poor boy's eyes.

"People of Camelot, the man before you is guilty of using enchantments and magic. Under our law, the sentence for this crime is death. We're still searching for his accomplice. Anyone found harbouring the boy is guilty of conspiracy, and will be executed as a traitor. Let this serve as a warning to your people." Uther speaks to the crowd.

Tears already build in the eyes of the young girl, not ceasing her action of comforting him. His eyes look up at her, his electric blue eyes staring at her as if he can see right through her. Knows her pain as she can feel his, the boy grabs her hand.

"You have let your fear of magic turn to hate. I pity you." The man on the execution block says to the king, not fearing his end.

"I can't watch this." Morgana says in dispair.

Morgana leaves the window and sits down on the floor, next to Mikaela and the boy. Uther signals for the druid man to be executed. Mikaela can feel with her magic as she ace falls down on the block, making the execution final.

"No!" The boy screams in dispair in her head.

Morgana's mirror breaks at the boy's scream, letting Mikaela know of the powerful magic that the druid boy possess. She holds the boy tighter into her arms as a couple of tears roll down her cheeks as the familiar feeling of death consumes her.

"Your save, i promise." Mikaela tells the boy, rubbing his good arm.

Mikaela doesn't leave Morgana's room when Merlin does to go and eat supper at Gaius's chambers. Mikaela can't even begin to think about eating food at this point. All she can think about is keeping the boy safe, protecting him with everything she can. Even if it will end her up at the execution block, it's not like she can die or can she if her head is removed?

~^~^~^~

A while later and the boy is fast asleep in her arms when Merlin comes back. Morgana opens the door for him and she looks up. She knows he has lost a lot of blood and he might need more medical attention.

"How is he?" Merlin asks Morgana about the druid boy.

"He's sleeping. He's very pale. I worry he may have lost a lot of blood." Morgana tells Merlin as they reach the curtain and look down at the two.

"Has he said anything at all?" Merlin asks concerned.

"Nothing. He won't even tell me his name." Morgana says while shaking her head. Both worried for the boy as id Mikaela only worse, refusing to leave the boy's side nor would she let go of him in fear of him getting worse.

"You know, er, for a moment there earlier, I- I thought you were going to hand us over to the guards." Merlin stutters a bit as he awkwardly tells this to Morgana.

"I'm glad you have so much faith in me, Merlin." Morgana says bitter, feeling insulted at that.

"No, no, sorry. Erm, I meant, you're the King's ward. You're taking a huge risk helping the boy." Merlin tries to correct his words.

"I wouldn't see an innocent child executed. What harm has he ever done anyone?" Morgana asks a rhetorical question. 

"Uther believes he has magic, and that makes him guilty." Merlin says sadly, hating how the king thinks.

Mikaela runs her fingers still through the boy's hair. Hating how the king views things and probably will never understand how a man can have so much hate for something, can possess so much hate all at once. Feeling sorry for the man, pity even.

"Uther's wrong." Morgana says angrily, being seriously against the very law.

"You believe that?" Merlin asks surprised at how she thinks about it.

"What if magic isn't something you choose? What if it chooses you? Why are you looking at me like that?" Morgana asks confused.

"Nothing." Merlin says awkwardly.

"I believe magic is not something you choose either, i believe it's up to the person itself to choose what to do with their magic, if they want to use it for good or bad porpoises." Mikaela says, smiling innocently at the two.

"Why are you two helping him?" Morgana ask the twins.

"I felt this sudden instinct to protect him, like my mother used to prescribe when she felt that toward us." Mikaela explains shortly to Morgana.

"It was a spur of the moment decision. What do you think we should do with him? He can't stay here." Merlin tells Morgana.

"We have to find a way to get him back to his people." Morgana tells them.

Merlin leaves the room sooner after, sadly whispering in her ear that Arthur won't be taking her out to stargaze since he will be up until late at night to search for the boy that are harbouring. Mikaela tells Merlin to let the prince know she understands.

For a while they stay silent and Mikaela softly humming a  lullaby that she had learned from her mother when she used to be scared as a child. Singing it for the boy while Gwen helps Morgana change for her dinner with Uther.

Mikaela had promised to stay with the boy, not leaving for anything. Gwen had brought along a couple of her old books that her father used to read to her when she was young so Mikaela could read it to the young boy.

Once Morgana is dressed and changed, ready to dine with Uther. Gwen leaves the room to get some things ready for dinner as she would have to serve Morgana with wine all night. Morgana pushes away some hair from the boy's face and promises him to be back soon.

She leaves the room, leaving Mikaela entirely alone with the druid boy. They stay silent for a while, she makes a feather dance in her hand as the young boy watches for a moment, before he breaks the silence with his mind.

"You don't know what you are, do you?" He asks her through his mind.

"No, i wish i did. But it's alright, i manage to go by." She tells him with a smile on her lips as she loves to make the feather flutter above her hand. Loving how the simple trick feels nothing but relaxing and comforting to her. Gentle to her mind and magic, innocent and kind.

"I do, i do because of the prophecy." The boy tells her, grabbing her hand that she has wrapped around his waist, to keep him close to her.

"A prophecy? What prophecy?" She asks him confused.

"The prophecy of you being the once and future queen, who units the magic side with the rest of Camelot. Who brings understanding and kindness to the hearts of the people. Who chances the view of the once and future king of Camelot towards magic. The druids call you a phoenix." The boy tells her, with hope in his voice.

"A phoenix? The bird that can rise from its ashes? But I'm no bird." She tells him confused, not understanding how the druids can call her a phoenix.

"A phoenix in the form of a human gets born every hundred years, each phoenix possess a different kind of magic, some the ability to feel death, others the power of fire, unlike you, the prophecy says that you possess them all. That most druids consider a curse to possess at least one, the dying and coming back alive drives all of them to madness and go in search for the one thing to kill themselves with. To possess them all, is the worst curse of them all." The boy explains sadly to her.

She doesn't know what to think of it or how to approach the new information that she has learned of herself. She doesn't know what to do or how to handle this. The boy just told her she is a phoenix, a mythical creature that is born every hundred years and always ends up with them having gone to madness.

"But knowing what you are and accepting that you can die and come back from the dead, lowers the chances of madness, however, with your powers you will need all the understanding and trustworthy people around you to protect you from yourself. It wouldn't be the first time that you have a mental breakdown and need tl be pulled out from the outside. Control is the hardest thing, since each phoenix is different, no information is known to help them or guide them." The boy says to the red head.

She's surprised he knows all of this. "How are you so wise?" She asks him softly through her mind.

"Many druids went into search for information about you since only druids have access to the information on your magic. So since the prophecy wasn't clear which druid would have the honour of informing you, many were taught this information when one of us were to meet you. So we could guide you on the right path." The boy explains to her.

"Thank you..." Mikaela tells him, still not knowing his name but not minding it at the moment. She doesn't mind if he is too scared to do so.

She runs her fingers through his hair softly, caring for him already deeply. Smiling down at him as she is very grateful to have finally been told what she is, to finally understand that her kind of magic at least has a name. That she's a human form of a bird. How ironic, she's a phoenix, a bird of rebirth whole her brother is named Merlin after a real bird type named Merlin.

"I promise we will get you back to your people." Mikaela promises the boy. Who softly nods his head before he falls back asleep. She is thankful for the boy that has finally told her what she is.

~^~^~^~

Merlin checks on the young boy as Mikaela had woken up this morning with the boy burning up into her arms. She wanted to send Morgana to get Merlin but he already knocked on the door before she could voice out her concerns.

"He's burning up. How long has he been like this?" Merlin says as he feels the boy's head. Mikaela wants to give her brother a snarky remark but bites her tongue as it's not the moment for it.

"Since early this morning. I think his wound may be infected. We need supplies before it gets any worse." Mikaela tells her brother, who nods his head at her.

"We need Gaius." Morgana says worried, forgetting in her worry for the boy that Mikaela knows what to do herself.

"No. We can't involve Gaius. It's too dangerous. Besides, if he finds out about this, he'll execute me and Mikaela himself." Merlin mutters.

"We need to get him out of Camelot, and we can't do that while he's sick. We need a physician." Morgana tells Merlin stubbornly.

"I'll treat him." Mikaela says to the two.

"I completely forgot, I'm sorry, Mikaela." Morgana says to the young girl.

"I need Merlin to get me the supplies, you know what we use." She tells her brother who nods his head.

Footsteps echo into the the hall outside of the room and knocking follows soon after at the door. Morgana closes the curtain quickly before she goes to open the door.

"Arthur! To what do I owe this pleasure?" Morgana says in a fake cheerful tone, obviously not in the mood to greet the prince or see him for that matter at all.

"Don't get all excited. It's not a social call. I'm looking for the Druid boy. I'm afraid I'm going to have to search your chambers." Arthur says as displeased as Morgana is about it.

"You're not searching my chambers." She says annoyed, afraid that he will be finding the boy here. With Mikaela and Merlin.

"Don't take it personally. I have to search the entire castle. Only take a few minutes." Arthur says going already around the room to search.

"I'm not having you mess up my things." Morgana says annoyed; trying to make the prince think that she doesn't like him snooping through her stuff and with the excuse of searching for the boy.

"I'm not interested in your things, I'm just looking for any evidence that the Druid boy's in the castle." Arthur says to Morgana in a displeased tone.

Merlin peeks through the curtain and sees the boy's boots sitting out in plain sight. He freezes at the realisation and Mikaela ushers him on to get them from there and in with them behind the curtain. Not wanting to boy to be found.

"Perhaps the Druid boy's hiding in your chambers. They're usually such a mess, you'd never know." Morgana accuses and Mikaela has to bite her lip to keep a chuckle from leaving her lips. But still the amused grin doesn't go unnoticed by the boy.

"It's hardly my fault I have such a lazy idiot for a servant." Arthur complains about merlin and this time she has to use her hand to stifle the giggles. Always finding it funny that her brother and Arthur always banter like a old married couple.

"Bestepe 'scós." Merlin whispers a spell ay the boots of the boy.

The boots start to silently tiptoe towards Merlin, Arthur none the wiser as he goes around the room. Looking through Morgana's stuff and inside cupboards and under tables.

"If you can't even find your own servant, what hope do you have of finding the boy?" Morgana sasses to the prince.

"Gestælle scós." Merlin whispers a spell to the boots.

Just in time before Arthur turns around, the boots hide behind a column. The prince still none the wiser as he pucks up a grape from Morgana's table and eats it while he continues.

"Now that we are talking about missing servants, I haven't seen Mikaela since yesterday morning. Perhaps you have seen her?" Arthur asks the lady Morgana concerned.

"No, I haven't unfortunately. Maybe Gaius has send her out for some herbs in the forest?" She asks the prince. Hoping that the prince hadn't talked to Gaius yet and he would buy it.

"No, Gaius hasn't seen her either." Arthur answers honestly.

"Well surely she is alright, if Merlin isn't running to you and shouting worriedly about not knowing where his sister is, then i think it's safe to say she's alright." Morgana tells the prince.

"Anways, back to the boy. I mean, really, I'm touched by the confidence you have in my abilities. And, as much as I'd love to stay and talk, the sooner we get started, the sooner we'll be finished." Arthur says as he turns his back to the collum again.

"Ástýre scós." Merlin whispers the spell.

The boots tiptoe to Merlin behind the curtain, he picks them up and lays them next to Mikaela. Who runs her fingers through the sweaty mop of hair with a worried look. Fearing for the boy's life if he isn't treated soon.

"Well, I'll save you the trouble." Morgana tells the prince.

"Trust me, if I could find him, I would." Arthur says, still searching the chambers of the lady Morgana.

"The Druid boy's hiding behind the screen." She teases Arthur, who looks in that direction but doesn't notice Merlin diving away. "I'm sure your father would love to know how you wasted your time by rifling through my things. Go on." Morgana says skilfully at Arthur, somewhat teasing and yet mocking him.

"So you can have the satisfaction of making me look a fool?" The prince asks annoyed and in a serious tone.

"In my experience, you don't need any help looking like a fool. What are you waiting for? Take a look." Morgana says in mockery, taking the pleasure in this.

"Why don't you go back to brushing your hair, or whatever it is that you do all day?" Arthur says annoyed before leaving the room.

"Bye, Arthur. Good luck with the search!" She says in mockery before the door slams closed behind the Prince.

Once the prince is gone for a bit, Merlin gets up on his feet to get the supplies for the boy's infection. Morgana joining Mikaela on the floor, the door closes behind him as Mikaela turns to Morgana.

"We really need to gang up on the prince some time. Seeing how i have found my partner in crime kn teasing Arthur mercilessly." She snickers in delight.

"Of course, he would love that, doesn't Merlin tease the prince?" Morgana asks Mikaela confused.

"Yes, he does but it's more fun if your partner in crime on teasing someone isn't your own twin. Because i tease him endlessly too." Mikaela smiles with a grin on her face.

"We're wicked." Morgana says with a chuckle.

"Wickedly awesome." Mikaela smiles with a knowing smile of mockery and delight.

Morgana laughs at the girl, glad that at least she's not the only girl to suck up to every word that the prince says nor fears him to speak her mind in front of him. Liking how the girl doesn't care for titles just acts like herself around the people she trusts, no matter their society status.

"But you and Arthur? Have you kissed yet?" Morgana asks her.

"Well, no. I would want to but i just don't know if i should, because of you know." Mikaela says, her voice sad and unsure of what to do.

"You should, he doesn't care. He likes you, he always talks about you." Morgana says to the red head, who nods her head.

"The only thing that worries me is the king. I fear that one of these days he will find out and execute me like he was gonna do to Sophia." Mikaela says to the ward.

"I won't let that happen. Arthur most definitely not, i know how much he cares for you. When the time feels right, just kiss him." Morgana tries to encourage the idea of Mikaela with the prince.

She knows that the young red head is good for the prince, she keeps him grounded and bring ms out this kind and gentle side within him. She's not sure how but she likes that side of Arthur. A man that would be a great king one day with Mikaela at his side.

"What's taking him so long?" Morgana asks annoyed after a while of waiting and no Merlin.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he got himself into a mess and finds trouble to get out of or Arthur has found him and now has arrested Merlin to clean his room. Either way, welcome to the Merlin show. You will learn patience with him around." Mikaela mumbles the basic laws of nature to Morgana that surround her brother.

It's dark outside when finally a knock comes from the door and Morgana opens the door for Merlin to enter. Who holds a little white bag with what she hopes to be her supplies for the boy.

"What took you so long?" Morgana asks annoyed.

"Sorry. Once Gaius gets talking about anatomy, there's no stopping him." Merlin apologises to the ward.

Merlin hands the healing stuff to his sister, who sits up right and starts to mix some ingredients, her mind not able to make out what is wrong with them but shakes it off as her being too worried for the boy, she mixed the ingredients to make a thick grey paste into a wooden bowl. Making sure it is prepared properly, she uses a little spoon to smear a bit over her own skin to see if it's the right volume.

"I'll get you some more water." Morgana tells them before she gets up.

Mikaela smears the paste over the boy's wound, gently and softly to not hurt him more then he is. But the looks of things, she can only assume that he is speaking to Merlin through his head.

"Speak to me." Merlin suddenly says out loud.

"I don't know if he can't speak, or..." morgana says as she comes back with some water. "he's just too scared to."

Mikaela stays behind with Morgana as she fixes up the boy some bandages before Merlin says that he needs to do something and leaves the room, leaving Mikaela and Morgana alone again.

~^~^~^~

Morgana tends the feverish druid boy. Mikaela having left just a couple of moments before to get a fresh change of clothes and show Gaius that she's alive and tell him that she's staying with Morgana who had a terrible nightmare and doesn't want to be alone.

"Let me care for him for a while. You need to sleep. You'll make yourself sick if you go on like this." Gwen tells the Lady Morgana, knowing that neither Morgana nor Mikaela have slept since the boy is here.

"His fever's getting worse." Morgana tells her maid, worry in her voice.

"Morgana." The boy says in her head.

"Did you hear that?" Morgana asks looking at the boy. Shocked.

"What?" Gwen asks confused.

"He said my name." She tells her maid shocked.

"Did he? I didn't hear anything." Gwen tell the ward confused. Not having heard anything at all other then Morgana herself.

A knock on the door, snaps the two to the newcomers. Both scared for a second that it could be Arthur or Uther who have somehow found out about the druid boy staying here. But their worries cease when they hear Merlin's voice.

"It's Merlin and Mikaela." Merlin tells the two.

Gwen opens the door, surprised that Mikaela is already back, freshly changed into another blue dress, having brought something for his fever and to help him heal better.

"How is he?" Merlin asks the ward.

"He's getting weaker. Whatever you did yesterday, it hasn't worked. We have to ask Gaius for his help. After all you've done, you can't give up now! Please! If he doesn't receive treatment, he'll die!" She tells Merlin, who nods his head.

"OK." Melrin says before he leaves the room, again.

"I don't understand, i did precisely what i usual do. It's suppose to work. I'm so confused, it's never failed before." Mikaela says as she pulls the boy back into her side, ashamed that she failed at her work which she never had before.

"It's not your fault, maybe the infection is just worse then what that paste was strong. I'm sure you did everything you could. I know you did everything you could." Morgana tells her, grabbing her hand.

She nods her head, feeling guilty for not being able to treat the poor boy. Fearing that he would not make it, feels unsettling in her stomach. Making her pull the boy closer to her.

"Phoenix?" The boy voices in her head.

"Yeah?" Mikaela looks down at him, guilt on her face.

"If i don't make it, it was an honour to have met the kindest woman to roam the earth." He tells her in her head.

She shakes her head. "Don't say that. You will make it." She tells him sternly.

They stay silent for a while, not saying much as Gwen cleans up after Morgana. Mikaela doesn't dare to give hik anything else in fear that she would only make or worse for the boy. She runs her fingers through his sweaty hair, singing a lullaby to him.

Morgana watches on at how Mikaela interacts with the young child. Almost motherly as she can see the guilt and sadness on the girl's face as she does. Feeling the same but not as bad as Mikaela. Who she knows is the kindest girl she knows, too innocent and naïve for her own good.

"I hope Gaius will help." Mikaela breaks the silence as the lullaby comes to an end.

"I do too." Morgana admits softly, fearing for the boy.

It falls silent again and Mikaela sings another lullaby that she had learned from her mother. Knowing that it could help calm a child as it had always done to her and Merlin. So she's determined it would work on the druid boy.

Gaius comes not much later with Merlin in tow. He gets on his knees and sees the guilt ridden look on the red head. He puts that aside for a moment to examine the druid boy.

"I will treat the boy, but as soon as he's well, you must get him out of Camelot. And woe betide anyone caught helping him. Well, one thing we know for certain." Gaius says as he takes off the bandages from the druid boy.

"What's that?" Merlin asks confused.

"You're no physician, Merlin. You brought your sister the wrong ingredients." Gaius tells the young warlock. Who smiles sheepishly.

"Oh, i must he really tired to not have noticed that. It's so stupid of me." Mikaela says as she hadn't moved away from the boy and isn't planning on it.

"It's alright, dear. I don't blame you for it, I'm normally there to keep an eye on you. I know what your like when you worry too much. You will learn to deal with that when you're a little further into the job." Gaius reassures her.

Mikaela nods as she helps Gaius where she can. Assisting him with certain things but all the while keeping a comforting hand on the boy's head as he lays against her.

~^~^~^~

Hours later and the boy is feeling a lot better then before, sitting up and looking around a bit as he leans still against Mikaela. Softly comforting him as Morgana gets dressed behind a screen in the clothes of Gwen. Mikaela feels guilty still, but now also in another way, for allowing Morgana to do this all by herself.

"You sure you don't want me to come?" Mikaela asks Morgana. "I really don't feel well to let you do this alone." Mikaela says to the ward.

"No, if you come and we're caught, Uther will execute you." Morgana argues back. "No matter how much Arthur would try not to."

Mikaela sighs and looks at the boy. "I'm not letting you do this alone, not without backup." Mikaela says, stubborn enough to take the risk.

"No, Uther will kill you if you're caught." Morgana says, not wanting to hear any of it.

"I'm coming, you can't tell me otherwise, Morgana. If we get outside of the lower town. It would be nice to have someone to have your back, wouldn't it?" She says to the ward.

"Fine, i just hope we don't get caught." Morgana sighs as she knows that she can't bring the girl on different thoughts, nor can she change the mind of this stubborn red head.

Morgana has got to give it to the prince, he did manage to find a kind soul to love and a stubborn one at the same time who by the looks of it isn't afraid to get tangled into the mess with her if they are caught. Not seeming to fear the ling by the looks of it.

"It'll have to do." Morgana sighs as she tells Gwen. "I feel I've put you in danger without ever stopping to ask how you feel about it. I'm sorry."

"I know how it feels to face the threat of execution. And I wouldn't wish that on anyone." Gwen admits to the ward.

A knocking breaks their conversation. Mikaela helps the boy up on his feet and pulls the cloak that she had taken from her room over her head. She wasn't planning on letting anyone do this without her.

"It's Merlin." Merlin announces himself.

Gwen goes to open the door while Morgana goes to Mikaela and the druid boy. She lowers herself to the boy's eyesight to speak to him.

"We're going to get you out of Camelot. We won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise." Morgana promises the boy. As Merlin walks up the the three. He eyes her sister with a cloak, knowing the scheme she is gonna pull.

"Are you ready?" Merlin asks Morgana.

Morgana nods. "Did you get the keys?" She asks Merlin.

"Yeah. Er, the door is behind the shield at the far end of the armoury." Merlin explains to the two girls.

"I'll pack you some food and water for the journey. Be careful." Gwen tells the two girls, Mikaela knows she will borrow a sword from the armoury.

Later Mikaela and Morgana leave the ward's chambers and head out of the room. Mikaela quickly pulls the hood over the boy's head to hide his face as they watch some guard march through the Griffin Landing as Morgana peeks over the edge of the curved stairs to see where they are.

Before they descend with the druid boy following behind with his hand tightly in that of Mikaela. They rush through some corridors and have to hide every once in a while to keep the guards from seeing them. A serving girl sees them sneaking off through the corridor at the bottom of the Spiral Stairway.

They rush to the armoury as Mikaela quickly grabs a sword from the racks and sheaths it through her belt. The boy looks at her for a second while having been passed to Morgana as the red head will do the protecting. They sneak out through the small door behind the shield in the armoury.

Once they get to the lower town and the close to Gwen's house, they hear the warning bell going off. It startles the red head for a second before she leads the way to the house of the maid.

Morgana and Mikaela enter the room with the boy looking anxiously around the room as she pulls the boy into her arms. She rubs his back softly in a soothing manner to calm his nerves a little.

"There's enough food for three days." Gwen explains to the three of them.

"Your horses are fed and watered. I'll take you to it." Merlin suggests to the two ladies.

"No. There's no point in all of us risking our lives." Morgana disagrees with what Merlin says.

"What about you?" Merlin asks concerned.

"I'm the King's ward. I'll take my chances." Morgana says as she look sternly at the other three.

"Morgana!" Gwen says distressed, fearing for her master and good friend.

"I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to any of you. We must go." Morgana tells them but Mikaela stops her.

"To hell I'm letting you go alone, now let's go." Mikaela says as she leaves the house of Gwen with Morgana about to protest to her but decides against it and follows her.

The three of them run through the lower town away to the city edge, but Arthur and the guards approach through their exit. Morgana and Mikaela drag the boy into a nearby building to hide. She steers the boy to a spot with a piece of fur and makes them hide behind it. Arthur enters the building himself.

"Fan out." The prince tells them.

The three of them wait while their hiding, things get pushed aside as guards walk up to them. Thing falling and the red head holds the boy tightly into her arms, shielding him from the sounds and fear that he shouldn't feel at his age.

Morgana pulls the druid boy up and make a break for the exit behind them. Mikaela following along but they run across a guard and  blocks the path before them. Mikaela shields her face from the guard a little, darkening the shadow over her face.

Backing the three of them up and towards Arthur, who blocks the other side of the path. Arthur draws his sword and places it at Morgana's back. While Mikaela shields the boy.

"Halt, or I'll run you through. Show yourself." Arthur says as the three of them turn around.

Morgana turns around, Mikaela follows along and Arthur is shocked to see both the girls standing there. Fear strikes him and he fears that he will have to see the young red head executed. But is glad that the hood is covering most of her face.

"Let him go. I beg you. He's just a child." Morgana begs of the prince.

Arthur looks like he is debating that option, looking at the guards around him. But decides to not do anything about this. Hoping that he could get the red head out of this before she ends up on the block.

"Restrain them." Arthur tells them, grabbing the red head by the arm as the guards take Morgana and the boy. Dragging them out of the building that they had taken a hiding in. He hands the torch to another guard and covers the hood even further over the red head's face.

~^~^~^~

"Do you have any idea in what kind of position you have put me?" Arthur asks angrily at the red head.

He had dropped the red head off in his room with the excuse that he would deal with her immediately himself. He didn't tell his father that there was a third party involved when he dropped the girl off in his chambers. Not wanting to see the girl executed.

He knows that none of the guards had seen her face, he had kept that well hidden from them and he knows they would not breathe a word to the king if they valued their lives. So he managed to get away with it, he managed to keep the fact that their was another person there from his father.

"I do, I'm sorry. But he's just a child! I couldn't just sit by and watch! I felt like i needed to protect him!" Mikaela
Shouts back at the prince.

"You know what i should do with treason to the king?" Arthur asks her threateningly.

"Then why didn't, huh? If you are so duty and loyalty bound to your father. Then why am i standing in your chambers while you told the guards not to breathe a word about a third party in this, huh?" Mikaela says angrily, not understanding if he is do loyal to his father. Why she isn't she in a prison sell like the boy.

"Because i care more for you then i care to he loyal to my father. I would be damned to watch you lose your life on an execution block, i would never forgive myself if i ever did make such a decision to rat you out to him." Arthur says, walking closer to the girl.

Hating to imagine her at the execution block to be killed by his father. He would never forgive himself nor could he ever forgive his father if he were ever to sentence the girl to death. She means by far too much to him to ever go another day without her.

"You would choose me? Over your father?" Mikaela asks in disbelieve, not wanting him to have to choose like that.

"I would protect you from things like this, trust me. The last thing i want to see is you losing your life by the hand of my father." He tells her honestly.

He grabs her chin in hers, tilting it up so he can look into her green eyes. The urge to kiss her, overwhelms him and all this time of denying it and ignoring it, he can no longer pretend that he doesn't want to kiss her, want to know what he pink lips taste like.

He dips his head down, brushing his lips softly over hers. Her finger tangle in his blonde locks, pulling gently on them. She pushes her lips more firmly against his, feeling just how soft they are, softer then he had imagined it. His free arm wraps around her waist as he pulls her closer to him.

Enjoying the electric feeling of kissing her shivering down his spine. Loving and savouring every moment of it before she pulls away, out of breath but a twinkle of happiness in her eyes. A blush creeping up on her cheeks as she turns bright red.

His eyes widen at the little bright flowers showing up through her hair. Her head pressed into his shoulder as she keeps blushing madly. He picks a flower from her head, watching as the colours look so vibrant. He knew it, he knew she had magic, he just didn't know it was that innocent.

"You really ought to be more careful." He tells her, not because he caught her trying to smuggle out a boy. If she were to be discovered for her magic, there would be nothing Arthur could do to protect her.

She looks up at the little flower in his hand, in shock she steps back, almost tripping over her own feet as she reach for her hair. Picking out some flowers herself before she looms terrified at the prince. He can't help himself from chuckling at the adorable look of the flowers scattered in her hair.

"I-i..." she says as she shakes her head in fear. He can feel the room growing colder at her fear.

"If i wanted to rat you out to my father, i would have done so already." The prince tells her calmly as he wraps his arms protective around her. 

"You knew? For how long?" She asks fearful.

"I had my suspicion, sudden temperature drops when you were scared, sudden temperature spikes when you were angry. The swirling wind when you were upset. Flowers turning brighter if you were happy. I put two and two together." He tells her softly, rubbing her back.

"I hoped to get away with it, but i guess i really suck at magic." She mumbles into his shirt.

"You don't suck, it's rather gentle, I haven't seen magic like it before." He tells her, hoping to keep her calm.

"I do, I'm not even sure if I'm a sorceress at all. I can't cast spells, according to the druid boy I'm a human form of a phoenix which is super rare and only happens every hundred years. My powers are linked to my emotions and the druids consider my magic as a curse because i can die and revive myself like the mythical bird. But the process of dying and coming back alive is painful, is empty and cold and it would slowly drive me to madness and i think that's already happening because I'm exhausted mentally but my magic fuels my body energy so I don't sleep and i-i." Arthur stops the girl from her panicking rant.

Hushing her softly in his arms as he rubs her back. Feeling sorry that her magic isn't as innocent as she is. He wants to help her but he knows he can't. It sounded like there isn't anything to know about her kind of magic. He hates how she feels about all of this. Sounding like she didn't even want this.

"You were born like this, weren't you?" He asks the young girl.

"Yes." She tells him as tears blur her eyes.

"Does Merlin have magic?" He asks her curious, he knows the answer to that, of course he doesn't. He wouldn't be alive today if he did.

"No, I'm the only one in the family." She mumbles softly.

He takes her to a chair, pulls her onto his lap. She hides her face in his neck but she seems to be a lot calmer now. It suddenly dawns on him, she had mentioned that she could die and come back alive.

"You died. Gaius didn't have a cure for that snake bite, you died. Same with the illness that plagued the city, you died and then Sophia's father, he poisoned you, you died. It makes sense now, why you recovered so quickly." Arthur says coming to that realisation.

"Don't forget when we saved the two from the woods, i was ran through by a sword." Mikaela says shyly.

"Excuse me? I thought that was a scratch!" He snaps at her, more worried then he is angry about her lying.

"How else would i explain that i magically recovered from a wound that i died from when i got back to the physician chambers. I was dead before i could be treated." Mikaela explains the situation.

"So i never have to fear i would lose you?" Arthur asks her honestly.

"Nope, only that it would drive me to insanity. But i was told that if i keep trustworthy people around that they could pull me out of it. In other words, I'm gonna need you, my brother, Gaius and Leon." Mikaela says innocently, not notices the look on the prince of jealousy.

"Leon knows? How?" Arthur asks jealous.

"Well I accidentally sprouted flowers in the grass field outside of town. He may also have put two and two together." She mumbles.

"Good to know he is loyal." Arthur snickers as she rubs the girl's back softly.

He looks down at her and chuckles, seems like not even her magic can keep up with the day that today has been. He lifts her up into his arms, deciding that it would be best to bring her to bed in the physician room.

~^~^~^~

As promised, the next morning Mikaela stands in the bedchamber of Morgana, Arthur having kept his word about her involvement and her magic. Uther hadn't seem the wiser about Mikaela. He didn't even acknowledge her more then he did usually.

"I promised that I wouldn't let anything bad happen." Morgana mumbles sadly about being caught.

"You can't blame yourself. You tried your best." Merlin tries to comfort the woman.

"It's not enough." Morgana snaps angrily, full of sorrow.

"He's in jail now. There's nothing more we can do." Merlin admits sadly.

"I will not let him die. Can I count on your help?" Morgana says walking up to the twins.

They both nod their head in agreement to the young ward. Relieve flooding over her as she knows they're on her side. Mikaela wouldn't want to see the execution of a child herself, most definitely not feel one.

"Thank you." Morgana thanks the twins.

Morgana mentions for Mikaela to follow her and she does. She knows where they are going. Morgana has no clue what happened to Mikaela last night after a couple pf guards took her to her cabers, leaving the red head with Arthur.

"What did Arthur do last night? I really thought he would hand you over to Uther." Morgana asks the girl concerned and worried.

"Nothing but shout. He was angry but i was lucky that none of the guards had seen my face. He made the guard sworn secrecy about a third party being involved." Mikaela tells the ward.

Leaving out the kiss and the fact that he found out about her magic and yet again promised to not rat her out to his father. Not for the involvement nor the fact that she possesses magic. If anything, she feels like the prince isn't as keen to share his father's view on magic.

"Your blushing. What else happened?" She asks cheekily, watching the girl turn even more red in the face.

"He-we may have kissed." Mikaela admits softly, her face flushed as she tries to contain herself. Not needing another person to know about her magic.

"I'm so happy for you." Morgana says delighted.

They reach the chambers of the prince, morgana takes the seat opposite of the door so she can look directly at the prince when he comes in and Mikaela sits beside her with her face to the fireplace.

"I really hope we can convince him." Mikaela says hopeful.

"Me too, he would be our last resort." Morgana says, staring at the doors.

Arthur enters his chambers not much later. Morgana is waiting for him and it startles him a little that the two girls are waiting for him, surely they want something from him.

"Make yourself at home." Arthur tells the girls sarcastically.

"You can't let your father execute the boy." Morgana gets straight to the point.

"You're lucky he's not executing you." Artur snaps at Morgana, removing his brown jacket. "Are you telling me he really was behind the screen when I came to search your chambers?" Arthur asks Morgana angrily.

Morgana nods her head, admitting to the fact that he was there, arthur turns to the red head. He removes his belt from his waist with his sword sheathed on it.

"Let me guess, you were sitting right there?" He asks the girl hostile.

"Yes." Mikaela says softly, surprising the prince at how soft it sounds, almost fearful of his fury.

"I know you believe your father's wrong to execute him." Morgana tells Arthur as he still works on his belt.

"What I believe doesn't matter. My father's made up his mind. He won't be talked out of it. I tried." Arthur admits to the ward, dropping his belt with his sword on the bed. Grabbing a drink from the table.

"Then the time for talking is over." Morgana says angrily, getting up and following the prince as he walks to the window.

"Whatever you're thinking, it's not going to happen." Arthur says to the ward, not wanting any part of it.

"We have to get the boy back to his people." Mikaela says, standing up. Her voice almost trembling with sadness for the boy.

"No. Forget it." Arthur shoots down the idea, not wanting to have to report Morgana twice nor have the red head up on the blocks only for his father to find out the girl just comes back to life.

"I can't believe you'd let an innocent child die!" Morgana snaps angrily at Arthur.

"It's too late. He's been caught. I have no choice." Arthur says remorseful.

Mikaela walks up to him, placing her hand on his shoulder. Not knowing what to do or how to convince the prince anymore. Before she leans against his side, he wraps his arm around her, feeling her sadness.

"And is this how you will rule when you are King? You're not like your father." Morgana says to the prince.

"I will not betray him. Not again at least, I already did that last night to protect Mikaela." Arthur tells morgana, pulling the girl protectively closer to him.

"If I know you at all, you won't stand by and let this happen. Please. If you won't do this for the boy, then do it for us." Morgana says, playing on his feelings.

"Fine, alright. What do you have planned?" Arthur asks, giving in.

Morgana begins with explaining her plan to Arthur, how they should break out the boy and how. Arthur buts in and tells the red head that there would be no way she is getting involved this time, if he's caught then he could not protect the girl from his father.

Mikaela is about to protest to that idea until the door opens snd her brother walks in without announcing himself. Like usually. Morgana and Arthur look at him, while Mikaela shakes her head.

"Sorry. Was I interrupting something?" Merlin asks of the three.

"Nothing you need concern yourself with. Go make yourself useful, muck out my horses." Arthur dismisses Merlin.

"I trust Merlin." Morgana tells the prince.

"You think we can scheme a plan without Merlin? He's on the front line of these things, surprised he didn't arrive sooner." Mikaela shrugs her shoulders.

"Mikaela!" Merlin snaps at her annoyed, the prince not needing to know that.

Arthur motions for Merlin to enter, he enters the room a little confused. Closing the door behind him, wondering what they are scheming.

"We're going to break the Druid boy out of the dungeons." Arthur announces to merlin.

"You can't do that." Merlin nearly shouts, Mikaela frowns at her brother. Why suddenly not? He had been keen to protect the boy before so why the sudden change of heart.

"We have to. Uther's going to execute him at dawn." Morgana snaps ar Merlin, hurt that he would go back on his word.

"I mean... it's too dangerous. You've already been caught once, and if the King catches you a second time he'll never forgive you." He tells not only Morgana but his sister, knowing that if she will be caught this time, Arthur won't be able to protect her like he did last night.

"I'm not worried for myself." Morgana snaps at Merlin.

"Merlin's right. When my father finds out the boy's escaped, he will suspect you being involved." Arthur tells Morgana out of her own protection. "I will have neither you of you involved." Arthur says to the girls.

"It's suicide." Merlin agrees.

"You must go to my father and apologise. Dine with him, he cannot hold you responsible if you're with him when the boy escapes." Arthur tells Morgana.

"You need me if the plan's to work. You can't do this on your own." Morgana tells Arthur, trying to keep herself involved.

"Merlin will take your place." Arthur tells Morgana after a second.

"Me?" Merlin asks shocked, seeming not to want to be involved.

"I'm going to take the boy out through the burial vaults. There's a tunnel that leads beyond the city walls. Get my horse from the stables and meet me there. There's a grate that covers the entrance to the tunnel. Bring a rope and a grappling hook to pull it off." Arthur instructs Merlin before he walks over to Merlin, cornering him against the table.

"No-- no, I can't..." merlin stutters, Mikaela frowns as he has schemed more dangerous things than that,

"Merlin. Do you understand? If you're not there to meet us, we'll surely be caught." Arthur says sternly to Merlin, not leaving any room for arguments.

Merlin nods. Arthur leaves the room after that and Mikaela quickly follows the prince behind and grab's his arm, pulling him towards her so she can kiss his cheek.

"You better not get caught, blondie." Mikaela teases before leaving herself.

~^~^~^~

At dinner time, which Mikaela for the first time in days attends to, sees her brother frowning down at his food. Playing with it and not eating it.

"I assume it's the plight of the Druid boy that's causing your forehead to wrinkle like a lizard's elbow." Gaius comments to Merlin.

"Would you let something terrible happen if it meant you'd stop something even worse happening in the future?" Merlin asks Gaius unsure.

"I suppose it depends on what the 'terrible' and 'even worse' things were." Gaius says, wanting and needing more information to help merlin.

"One of them's bad, really bad. And the other, it's...unthinkable." Merlin admits to Gaius, Mikaela frowns, getting the feeling something is gonna happen with the druid boy that if he were to escape something bad would happen but she can't imagine a child turning evil.

"It sounds as if you've already made your decision. You can only do what you believe to be right, Merlin. I just hope it doesn't involve you putting yourself in terrible danger." Gaius advices Merlin.

"For once, you don't have to worry. I'm going to do nothing." Merlin tells Gaius, looking with regret and guilt at his sister.

She stays silent all throughout dinner, once they're done eating their food and helped Gaius clean up the plates. Mikaela drags her brother up the steps and into their room. Wanting an explanation for what he meant and why he said he would do nothing.

"Say it. What do you mean with doing nothing? With doing nothing to prevent something horrible happening in the future?" Mikaela asks him furious.

" the dragon told me that if the boy lives, he would one day kill Arthur." Merlin admits to his twin.

Mikaela shakes her head, not wanting to believe her brother. "No, a child could never be that evil. The boy wouldn't do that to anyone." Mikaela says in denial.

"He will. I can't let that happen if that means i have to do nothing and let the boy die." Merlin tells his sister.

"You can't do that, Merlin! If he is destined to be Arthur doom then we shall cross that bridge when the day comes. I don't feel a bad or evil aura around that boy and when he does one day come back to do so. We'll stop him. We can't punish him for something he has yet to do, the future isn't set in stone yet." Mikaela says to her brother.

"I'll think about." He says to her, not promising anything to her.

~^~^~^~

Mikaela waits with the horses, she's waiting for the prince and the druid boy to come. She's been waiting for a while now, she knows that Arthur will be furious with her when he finds out that Mikaela has snuck with.

She couldn't sit back and wait for the prince to come back from bringing the boy to a druid camp. She wants to say goodbye to the boy one last time before she will not see him anymore. Hoping that he is as pure of a child  as she wants him to always be.

She waits and she waits but nothing or no one comes, she can hear the warning bells ring. Knowing that the guards and the king are aware of the child being missing from his cell so that part of the plan had succeeded, now only Merlin having to do his part.

She hopes that Merlin will see sense and take her word for it. That if the boy will come back to haunt them, they would deal with it then. She would know it by then, if he were to be out for Arthur's blood, she would feel the need for death. So she hopes her brother will free the boy and believe her that they could deal with it then.

After another long wait, she can finally see the blonde mop of hair in the distance coming towards them. Arthur glares at the young red head already climbing onto the reddish coloured horse.

"I thought i told you to stay away." Arthur growls at her angrily.

Mikaela grins innocently. "I wanted to say goodbye to the boy. Besides, I couldn't let you have all the fun, now, could we?" Mikaela asks slyly.

Merlin lifts the druid boy up onto the horse in front of Mikaela, who happily holds onto the boy. The little boy snuggles up into her arms and she smiles down at him. Happy to have gotten through the hard part, mostly with her brother.

"If my father asks where I am, I've gone on a hunting trip. You'd better make yourself scarce, or they'll execute you in his place." Arthur tells Merlin, before they race out of Camelot through the forest.

After riding all through the night, they finally reach the spot that Arthur had agreed upon to meet the Druids in the woods. Arthur climbs off his horse first before he helps the your druid. He goes to help the red head off the horse but she's already next to him with a thump.

Mikaela grabs the boy's hand in her and follows the prince to the three druids standing in a small clearing with a fallen tree. Two of them have their cloaks up and over their heads while one, which she assumes to be the leader, without his hood.

"We are forever indebted to you, Arthur Pendragon, for returning the boy to us." The leader thanks the prince, drawing the boy into his hold with his hands on his shoulders.

"You must not let it be known that it was us who brought him to you." Arthur tells the leader of the druids.

"We will tell no one. You have my word." The druid man says to Arthur.

The druids turn to leave them, the young druid boy runs for a moment into the arms of the girl. Giving her a hug as a goodbye before he follows them in their attempt to leave, Arthur grabs the red head's hand.

"Wait, I don't even know your name! At least tell us your name." Arthur asks of the small request.

The young druid boy looks up at the leader of the Druids. "It's all right." He encourages the boy.

"My name is Mordred." The young boy says, giving a small smile.

"Good luck, Mordred." Arthur tells the child.

"Thank you, Phoenix." Mordred thanks the young girl.

The two of them watch the druids leave, Arthur releases her hand to place it on her shoulder to pull her along with him. Drawing her in close as they walk back to the horses. He knows that the girl cared much for the boy.

Arthur helps the girl, despite that she knows that she can do it herself, up onto the horse before he mounts his own horse and directs them back to Camelot. Both silent for the first few minutes of their journey back.

"You really liked him, didn't you?" Arthur asks, curiosity in his voice.

"I do. Why? Jealous that he's taken you spot in my heart?" She asks teasingly.

"Nah, i don't worry over that. Unless it's another grown man, then yes i might get jealous." Arthur pouts at the girl.

"Don't worry, there's only one spot of love like that in my heart." Mikaela promises the prince.

"Better be me, who's in possession of that," arthur warns her is a teasing tone.

"Wow, possessive." Mikaela laughs as she smiles at him.

Both riding back to Camelot with teasing remarks thrown at one another.

~^~^~^~

A/n: arthur knows of her magic.

I had really hoped when i was watching the series for the first time that Arthur would know somewhere in the middle of the series because it would have been a lot more fun and would have made more sense in bringing Albion together and reuniting it with magic too.

Mikaela finally knows what she is and Arthur is very chill about her magic, who wouldn't be if the one possessing it is someone who doesn't look like it could hurt a fly.

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.4K 47
What if Merlin was born female(Merlyn) and she and Arthur met a few years before Camelot and after a night together before Arthur returned to Camelot...
78.8K 3.1K 17
When Arthur Pendragon is betrothed to a beautiful but odd stranger from across the sea, two powerful fates meet. The choices of Braith, the stranger...
395K 7.8K 54
Meet Adelaide twin sister of Merlin, and like him she has magic but she can control hers. follow her as she falls in love with someone who is beyond...
493 1 5
Merlin likes to be a woman sometimes, and his magic makes it an easy transition. Enter Emma. Join Merlin/Emma as they live in Camelot with Arthur kno...