The Mistake of Non-Existent L...

Від ikc_writes

Ellery Cohen A 3-year-old little girl that was born because two people couldn't keep their hands from one an... Більше

- Character Aesthetics -
0.1 New People and Places
02. Can't be Mine
03. Bath and Food
04. Bed Time
05. Learning
06. Team Dinner
07. First Game
08. The Truth
09. Sick Day
10. Mistake
12. Lost Child
13. Leaving?
14. Regret
15. Separation
16. Halfway There
17. I Missed You
18. Breath of Relief
19. Ice-Cream Fixes Everything
20. The Person I Don't Want To Be
21. Princess Treatment
22. Hatred
23. Uncle?
24. Happy Days
25. Asking 'The' Question
26. Custody

11. Left Alone to Hide

3.1K 93 20
Від ikc_writes

 - Ellery Cohen - 

I watched as Miles buttoned up his shirt, swinging my legs back and forth on the bed that Miles had put in his room. I hadn't really spent much time in here in the past couple of days, as I had been elsewhere, always falling asleep on the couch or in Miles' arms. 

Miles had said that he was going to a party with the rest of his friends, and that I would be staying with the nice lady, who I think her name was Clarence, at her friends dorm, while she went out with Miles and the rest of them. 

I wasn't sure what this whole party thing was or why I wasn't invited, but I didn't mind. I was a little nervous, not having Miles there with me, but I would be alright; I always had been. I had always had to be okay with whatever was going on around me. 

I'll admit, I hadn't really spoken to anyone, especially the boys, after what had happened at practice the other morning, and what was happening tonight was most definitely cementing all of that. I had just gotten Miles back and now he was going out again, leaving me all on my own. 

It definitely made me upset, leaving me on the brink of tears, but I kept them at bay. There was no need to cry, because after everything, I was strong enough to hold it all back. I must have sniffled or let a tear run loose, because Miles came running towards me. 

I initially, flinched back, surprised at the speed, before I was engulfed into some ones arms, that I knew as Miles. A knock sounded on the door, but neither one of us made a move, rather soaking it all up. "I think someone is waiting for you outside" Miles murmured, as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head. 

He wiped beneath my eyes, before letting me get off my bed and run towards the door. I heard Miles laugh, as I tried to reach up to get the door handle, but couldn't quiet get it. I looked at him standing there, as I heard another knock, before I looked back at the door. 

He came over, much slower than I would have liked, as he opened the door, revealing Nolan and Luca. I didn't rush over to their open arms, rather staring at them with a blank face, before looking up to Miles. He ushered me forward, as I slowly took a step into Nolan's arms.

He wrapped me up, picking me up. "I am so sorry sweetheart" he pressed a kiss to the side of my forehead, as I giggled. I felt some fingers running up my sides, and before I knew it, I was taken from Nolan and into someone else's arms, but not turned around. 

I was back giggling in the arms of the people that I had grown to love. There was no way that I could hold a grudge against them or be mad at them for something that they had no control over; it wasn't there fault that I was dumped on them, causing their Coach to make them distance themselves. 

If they had the power to choose whether I could be with them, I hoped they chose to keep me with them, especially Miles. "Hey cutie" I noticed Rutger in front of me, which made me reach out and try to grab him. I heard a laugh, making me realize that Mark was the one holding me.

Once I was in Rutgers arms, I snuggled up to him, feeling content. I really wish that they could all stay here with me, and that I didn't have to go to wherever I was going. Anywhere away from these people were horrid, and I knew I wasn't going to like it. 

"Come on, we need to drop Ellery at Mallory's then we are on our way" Miles came out of his room, making me sit up from my resting position on Rutgers's shoulder. "You picked Mallory?" Rutger questioned, scrunching up his nose, which caused me to look at him, before mirroring him and looking back at Miles. 

His reaction really confused me, and honestly concerned me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go anymore. "Yep" Miles answered all too quickly as I watched him place a bottle of milk into my bag, before he was walking out the door, as everyone slowly followed him. We left the dorm in silence, which was unusual. 

Maybe there was a high dislike towards this person. I don't know, but it was scaring me and I didn't like any of this. It was only a short walk, and I had been told that she was on the level below, so when we went down, I knew I was doomed from here. 

I clutched onto Rutger, burying my head into his shoulder as I heard a knock. Please no, I don't want to go. "Hey" a sickly sweet voice made itself present, making me cringe. I was not going to be happy with Miles after this one. 

"Hey Mallory" the way Miles voice deflated in response should have been enough of an indicator that they were not happy, which meant I was not going to be happy. "Where is the sweet, little girl you were telling me about? Ellie?" I cringed as she got my name wrong straight away. I would most definitely not be talking to her at all. 

"It's Ellery" Carson piped up from the back of the group, but I still did not make a move to get my head out of Rutgers's neck. "Where's Ellery?" she must have been blind because I was pretty sure I was within eyesight, as Rutger was tall, they all were, and I was in the middle of the group. 

I was then picked out of Rutgers's arms, making me cry in discomfort. I tried to reach back for Rutger, but I was put on the ground. I grabbed onto the nearest leg, making sure to clutch on as tight as I possibly could. Please, do not make me go in there, alone. 

"Ellery" a stern voice made me look to the person that had crouched down in front of me. I took a glance up to notice that I had grabbed onto Ethan's leg, as I looked back into Miles' eyes. I shook my head, which should be enough to make Miles take me home and put me back in bed. 

I hadn't noticed that he handed my bag to the lady. "We have to go. We will pick you up either later tonight or tomorrow morning" I didn't like that, and it got even worse when I was pried from Ethan's leg. Ethan wasn't the one that was taking me away, nor did Rutger, it was Miles. I just let it happen, knowing there was no way out of it. 

I stood in front of the lady, as I felt everyone behind me take a step back. She latched her claws around my wrist, pulling me into the room, before I turned around, watching all of their smiles drop from their faces. "Say bye" she said, using my wrist as a form of making me wave. 

I hated every single bit of this interaction right now. 

---

3 hours was all it took for me to be left alone while Mallory had, whom she told me, was her boy friend, before I was told to "get the fuck out" and her bedroom door was slammed. So, here I was, sitting on the floor, in front of what I knew as the TV, nothing playing. 

I was utterly bored, and there was nothing I could do about it. I was also starting to get hungry, and I knew that as I was normally bathed before dinner, then I was put to bed. But, I bet Mallory knew none of that, as she could care less about me. 

Even in general, there was random noises coming from the room that I had been shut out of, and I guess I was glad that I wasn't in there while whatever was going on in there, but I just wanted Miles, or any of them to come back and get me because this was really, really bad. 

I couldn't even reach anything in my bag, as she had placed it on the bench, which I had been told not to use the stools to get up to, by Miles, which had my bottle of milk and teddy bear, which were the two things that I really wanted now, to give me something to do and hold onto. I hated sitting here without my teddy bear in my arms. 

---

I was dozing in and out of sleep, clutching a pillow, as Mallory and the man had still not emerged from the room, but it had gone silent in there, which I was glad about. That had happened about an hour ago, leaving me in some sort of peace. 

A second knock sounded in the quiet, dark dorm, making me jump awake. "God, who is it now?" Mallory groaned, not once battering an eye lid towards my huddled form, that was up against the couch. I clutched the pillow closer to my small body, shaking slightly. 

Mallory swung the door open, revealing someone I couldn't quiet see. "Mallory" the person greeted, sounding defeated and exhausted. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quiet put my finger on it. "Mackie" Mallory responded, with just as much displeasure, by the sounds of it. 

Mackie? Mackie. Mackie! 

I knew that name! I jumped up, leaving the pillow on the floor as I ran towards the door, weaving under Mallory before I ran into Mackie's legs. "Hey" he chuckled, looking down at me, before I felt a hand run through my hair. I then felt something be thrown at Mackie before the door slammed. 

"Come on munchkin" I was then picked up securely in Mackie's arms, before we were walking back the way we came, and much to my pleasure, back home to where I felt safe and comfortable. I didn't even make it to the stairs before I was out, clutching onto Mackie's hoodie. 

---

I actually hate this chapter. Thoughts? xx

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Reminisce and Strengthen, My Butterfly Від Lavender

Паранормальні явища

44 10 15
I wake up from my nightmare gasping and out of breath. Scared out of my wits yet not remembering a thing. It has been going on for 2 years now. How...
REMINISCENT Від

Підліткова література

573 2 38
CHAPTERS EDITED☑️ "Do i remember?" I stare back confused "Do you remember..." she starts then looks down contemplating whether she should continue or...
His Shadow (Book I) Від Loki-Bored🥱

Підліткова література

9.6K 313 45
Book I of 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 After feeling invisible for so long she finally was seen by the one boy that was supposed to be off limits...
282K 6.9K 51
"I'm doing this to keep you safe, Alessandra! Can you just stop fighting with me on this! Just go and never come back!" He yelled. I froze in my spot...