Jasper's Blonde

Par TwilightXRandomGirl

Legally Blonde X Twilight Follow the famous daughter of Elle woods and Emmett forrest on her way to love Sta... Plus

🎀Cast👛
🎀Detla Nu👛
Thomas Hale
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Nancy
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 14

284 5 1
Par TwilightXRandomGirl

A/N: I made this extremely long, hope you enjoy. Also thank you for the shoutout Rosiewalker599

-Chloe's Pov-

Leah and Jacob are with us inside our house as they walked around. They searched for the scent, which was in our rooms and the living room. They nodded at us.

We walked outside to see Edward and Jasper at the curb, frozen in place, waiting for eyes unblinkingly watching the front door.

Leah and Jacob were behind me as they met us halfway. Jasper and Edward are cool, and calculating; Jacob is hotheaded and fractious. Leah gave Jasper a nod.

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here," Jacob informed them.

"We don't need you to handle anything. Or anyone," Edward shot back. Jacob stepped toward Edward who doesn't move. "I could care less what you need," Jacob hissed.

"Alright, we're done here," Edward interjected.

"No, you're done here," Jacob argued. Bella moved between them. "Stop. I'm tired of this," Bella spoke up. "From now on I'm in Switzerland, Okay?" Bella tried to push them apart.

It was like pushing boulders. "Stop!" Bella ordered as Leah stepped forward.

Jacob simmered. Edward just looked at him.

"I don't expect you guys to be all buddy-buddy together. Okay. But we have a lot of problems. And this is one temporary solution. Are you willing to at least try?" I asked.

"I will fight all of you" A long tense beat.

"And you'd lose" I glared at Scarlett, as my friends pulled up. Finally, Jasper and Edward nodded. Then Jacob and Leah. "Alright, so you need to coordinate. You know, schedules and stuff,"

Bella asked, to which neither said anything. My friends, minus Scarlett got inside, Bella sighed and turned to Jacob.

"Would the pack prefer days or nights?" she asked. "Nights," Jacob replied. "Will days work for your family?" I asked Jasper. He nods. "Good. See? How hard was that?"

Bella asked them, determined to make this truce work.

As the two dudes glared at each other, I decided to defuse the tension. "When will you guys stop slapping your dicks at each other?" Scarlett asked,

They all looked at her as she looked at them innocently as I was laughing.

-Later that night-

Bella was at the window. Suddenly, she saw a movement in the trees. Then two gleaming eyes peered out, belonging to a wolf skulking at the edge of the tree line.

It looked up at her. Angela and Hazel were sitting on her bed as I helped them with the invitations.

Lauren was sitting in front of them, she was trying to be nice. She's just here to get gossip for Jessica. Bella allowed her to come over, she is stupid.

"U.W. sent me and Eric our dorm assignments yesterday," Lauren spoke up, hoping to get a reaction from Angela.

Angela didn't even care, she laughed as she showed me a pic, of her and Hazel. Lauren's eyes held envy.

Bella turns back to the room where Lauren lies on the floor, a massive stack of graduation announcements in the "done" pile.

Lauren, Hazel, and Angela are blithely unaware of Bella's situation.

"I'm in the furthest dorm from campus. Eric's in the closet, of course. Has Alaska assigned you guys dorms yet?" Lauren asked, Bella, looked at her, missing her already.

She lay next to Lauren and grabbed up a card to address.

I'm on the other side of Angela, writing down the same thing again. "Not yet," Bella answered. "Where are Edward and Jasper tonight anyway?" Lauren asked.

"Out looking for trouble," I replied. Lauren heard the worry in my voice and looked at me. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"No, why?" I asked. "One, Jasper and Edward's always with you. Two, you keep looking out that window like you're hoping he'll show up with a mariachi band," Lauren listed.

"Lauren what if Eric was like secretly a member of this... violent gang, and... your brother was in this other gang, and they wanted to kill each other, and you couldn't tell anybody?"

Bella's slightly odd remark just kind of sat there as I stare down at my hands. Angela looked at Lauren, wishing she wasn't there.

"It's okay. You don't have to talk about it," Lauren replied. Hazel rolled her eyes as she knew she wanted to know. "There's nothing to... I mean there is but...,"

Bella debates then sit up, cross-legged, choosing her words carefully. How can she describe this?

"Okay. You remember Jacob Black?" "Ah. Edward's jealous," Lauren answered, smirking. "You say that like it's so obvious," Bella asked. "Oh, it's not?" Lauren asked.

"Edward just thinks Jacob's dangerous or something... bad influence on me," Bella added.

"Jasper seems that way with Seth and Leah," I interjected. "Ang doesn't have to worry about that, we hang out in the same group. I don't care" Hazel said, Angela nodded as Lauren glared.

She stopped when I looked at her. "But he knows that they have been my friends since he left."

Lauren fake smiles and shakes her head. "She doesn't want to be here huh?" Hazel whispers to me. "Bella is too nice, also Jessica probably just wants gossip" I whispered back.

"What?" Bella asked.

"I've seen the way Jacob looks at you. Edward's seen it too, and they're only human. He's going to react like any other guy," Lauren explained. "It's more complicated than that," Bella answered.

"Say the words," Angela asked, taking the spotlight off of Lauren. Lauren glared. "jell-oh-see," Bella said, chuckling. "I've told Jacob how I feel. He accepts it. He'd rather be best friends than nothing"

"Okay, so the words are dee-ghoul," Angela retorted. "You're saying I'm an idiot," Bella asked.

"Just a little oblivious," I added, to which she hit us with a pillow. Lauren glared harder, I could feel the envy. "Well, I don't want this. Every move I make hurts someone," Bella sighed.

"They're big boys. They make their own choices. Don't worry it will work itself out. It's not life or death or anything," Lauren scoffed.

You have no idea, Ang, I thought as Bella glanced back at the window at our reality.

"So Angela, Hazel. How's the love life?" Angela looked at her, Hazel gave her a look. "Are you two still dating?" I glared at her as Angela replied. "Yes, we're still dating. We're doing good" she smiled.

"Amazing really" Hazel added, wrapping her arms around Angela.

"Why do you ask? Are you and Eric good?" Hazel asked. "How's the love life?"

Lauren glared "Yeah, we're great, I was wondering if you two were actually together," Lauren says as Hazel glares. "Why wouldn't we?" "Well, you two don't look like you've had sex"

Angela scoffed at Lauren's words. "How do you look like you've had sex?" Bella said, confused.

"Not that it's your business, but we have. And you don't need to have sex to be in a relationship, just because you were taught that, doesn't mean it's true" Hazel said, Lauren's eyes widened.

"Maybe if you didn't fuck Eric every day, and yes I know he tells everyone, unlike Hazel. Maybe you'd see he only wants you for sex and is using you to make me jealous, and he's failing" Angela added.

Mine and Bella's eyes widened as Lauren glared at them. Lauren stood up, angrily, Hazel smirked.

Lauren scoffed, angrily "Whatever! He loves me, you're just jealous I took him from you!" Angela chuckled as Lauren got angrier, tears welling in her eyes.

"I really couldn't give a shit" Angela said. "Yeah he loves you" Hazel smirked "your vagina," Bella and I gasped.

"Always saying that you have a tight vagina and you must have been a virgin, screaming like you were getting murdered. You have low fucking standards. Most likely wasn't good"

Hazel finished, Lauren scoffed as she ran out of Bella's house. Bella and I were speechless as we looked at her.

"Holy shit," Bella said as Angela chuckled as I high-fived her and Hazel. Charlie walked up, leaning against the door frame.

"What happened up here, why did your friend leave?" He asked, concerned. "Crying, may I add"

"It's fine dad, she just got mad" Charlie nodded as he walked away.

I replayed the conversation in my head as I smirked at Angela. "So..." Angela looked at me confused. "Had fun" Angela blushed. We laughed as she covered her face.

-Leah's house-

Scarlett parked my car in front of Leah's house as we got out. We headed to the front door as Sue opened the door. She smiled at us as she, Seth, and Leah walked out.

Sue locked the door as Seth ran up to Scarlett and immediately hounded her.

I laughed at Scarlett as she tried to keep up with Seth's yapping at her. "Maybe you're a dog in disguise" Scarlett glared at me as Seth pounced at her, falling to the ground.

They rolled on the ground, playing fighting, and laughing. Leah and I died laughing.

Leah smiled at me as she hugged me. "You ready?" She asked. "Ready? That is my middle finger," I retorted. "Are you fucking serious?" Scarlett asked me.

"How did you know?" I gasped, Leah laughed at my comment as we headed to Jacob's house.

-Behind Jacob's house, Bonfire-

A group is gathered around the fire, eating hot dogs, and laughing. Billy sits at the natural head of the circle. Old Quil, Quil's ancient grandfather sits on one side of him, Sue Clearwater on the other.

The three council leaders. The whole pack is there; Paul, Quil, Embry, Jared, and Sam, with Emily at his side.

Scarlett and I were sitting next to Leah, who sullenly stared into the fire. Meanwhile, a young Quileute girl about Quill's age is giving him the eye.

Across the sand, I saw Bella and Jacob walking toward us.

I ran up to them, I jumped onto Jacob. Scarlett stuffed his face in her armpit, making him squeal like a girl.

Bella and I laughed at him as we got off Jacob. "You sure this is okay? We hate being a party crasher," Bella asked.

"Technically, you're a Council Meeting crasher. See. The Council leaders, were Dad, Quil's grandpa, and Sue Clearwater. She took over for Harry when he died," Jacob answered.

"Okay, we shouldn't be here," Bella stuttered.

"You're okay. I thought... I mean, they thought it would be good for you to hear the histories," Jacob suggested. "The histories? The tribe's histories? Aren't they secret?" Bella asked.

"We all got a role to play. And you're a part of this. I mean, it's the first time Seth, Leah, and Quil are hearing them, too. But you two and Scarlett are the first outsiders. Ever," Jacob answered.

"If I had known that I wouldn't believe you. And would've dressed better," Bella asked.

"Doubt it," I answered. "Jake," Seth spoke up. We're interrupted by Seth, who trots up like a puppy. He idolized Jacob.

"Hey. It's about time, you got here. Paul's been hoovering the grub. But, I saved you some burgers," Seth asked. "Leah smacked him across the head to stop him."

"Good looking out, Bro. Bella, this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother. The newest member of the pack," Jacob introduced the two.

"Newest, best, brightest," Seth boasted, to which I scoffed in mock anger. "And slowest," Jacob joked as he grabs Seth in a headlock, and the two tumbled to the sand.

Seth laughed, absolutely loving this guy. A whistle comes from the circle. It's Sam. Seth jumps up.

"Come on. Your dad's about to start," Seth asked, looking at the group. "Alright," Jacob thanked him. As Seth drags Jacob, Bella, and me toward the bonfire, we sit down.

Bella next to Jacob and I sit next to Leah, who wraps a blanket around our shoulders.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning...," Billy announced. The fire was burning lower. "But we've always had magic in our blood," Billy added.

The circle has its attention wholly on Billy, his voice commanding.

"We were great spirit warriors... Shapeshifters, transform into powerful wolves. This enabled us to scare off our enemies, and protect our tribe," Billy continued.

Bella absorbed the story, its images alive in her mind. Jacob glanced at her, gauging her reaction.

"One day our warriors came across a creature...," Billy said as he looked at me. My head buzzed as I thought of the events unfold in my mind

-Forest Clearing (1750'S)-

Two Quileute warriors (all in human form) emerged from the trees, horrified to find a male vampire (wearing the clothing of a mid-1700s Spaniard) bent over two lifeless tribe girls.

His eyes are blood red, and feral. A terrifying image.

"It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as ice...," Billy said. The two warriors phased into wolves and charged at the vampire. He grabbed one of them, strangling it.

The second wolf got his teeth into the Vampire's neck and tore off his head.

But the strangled wolf fell dead to the ground. "Our warriors' sharp teeth, finally tore it apart. But only fire would destroy it," Billy explained as the wolves killed the Cold Man.

-Jacob's House-

The horrible visuals were alive in my mind. Jacob watched Bella, gratified by her somber reaction. Leah took my hand and she rubbed it, her wolf-warmth spreading to me.

"They lived in fear, the Cold Man was not alone. And they were right," Billy added.

-Quileute Village (1750'S)-

A beautiful Vampiress in a tattered 1700s Spanish gown moved through the Quileute village of long houses and teepees.

A trail of dead bodies surrounded her, tribal people screaming, running away in fear. "She took her vengeance out on the village.

Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed," He explained.

Taha Aki,'60s, anguished, stood over his dead son, 20. His third wife, 40's, wept inconsolably next to his body.

Taha Aki spun toward the Vampiress and took a running lunge at her, transforming into a great wolf. They clashed. The third wife watched with horror as the Vampiress quickly got the upper hand.

"Taha Aki's Third Wife could see that he would lose...," Bill voiced.

The third wife pulled out a knife and ran toward the Vampiress who barely acknowledged the impending attack.

-Jacob's House-

Billy looked at Bella, Scarlett, and me. "The Third Wife was no magical being, no special powers, but one... Courage," Billy continued.

-Quileute Village-

The third wife charged the Vampiress, dagger raised high but as she neared, shockingly, she plunged the knife into her own heart. Blood flowed down her chest.

The Vampiress caught the scent and spun toward her, ravenous.

"The Third Wife's sacrifice distracted the Cold Woman, long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe," Billy continued.

As the Taha Aki-wolf leaped onto the Vampiress, tearing her apart, the Third Wife lay dying, her expression at peace...... "Over time, our enemies have disappeared.

But one remains... The Cold Ones," Billy finished.

-Jacob's House-

Bella and I listened with conflicting emotions as we saw all this from the wolves' point of view. They see the vampires as their natural-born enemies. Destined to fight each other until the end of times.

"Our magic awakens when they near. And we sense it now, we feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming. And we must all be ready. All of us,"

he announced to the circle, looking at the wolves of the La Push pack, finally looking at Bella and me.

-Cullen's house-

"Seattle is in a state of terror," a Reporter announced. The tv in the living room was tuned to CNN. A female reporter with a mic does a stand-up in front of Pike Place.

"Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances," the reporter announced.

Carlisle and Jasper are watching with concern. Emmett was draped over the couch. Bella and Edward entered.

I'm on Jasper's lap as he wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him, whispering in my ears, how much he likes my outfit, lightly kissing my neck.

"Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer... Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN," the reporter signed off as the tv is shut off.

"It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something," Carlisle spoke up. "It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous...," Jasper added.

"Newborns," Edward deduced. "What, like new vampires?" Bella asked.

"In their first few months after the change," Edward answered. "That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst," Jasper added.

"Something to look forward to," Emmett smiled as I chuckled.

"Emmett, you're such a man-child," I looked up at him. "I know," Emmett smiled as I laughed. "Boy I love you" Emmett playfully blow me a kiss, I giggled, catching it.

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random," Jasper continued. "Someone's creating an army," I realized as Jasper nodded.

"Wow, you're smart" Bella sassed as I threw a pillow at her. Emmett rose, enthusiastic. "Oh, now we definitely going to Seattle," he smiled. I notched an eyebrow at him, laughing.

"An Army of vampires?" Bella asked.

"No, Silly, it's an army of newborn babies," I sassed. "Of course it's vampires." "And they've been created to fight someone," Jasper answered.

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle," Edward added.

"Regardless, of who are they were may, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long," Carlisle states. "Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, I read Aro's mind,"

Edward explained.

"He wants me and Alice to join him. Our gifts would shore up his power. He knows we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive. An army could solve that for him."

Bella took this in. I can see that she is trying to make a decision.

"We can't wait two weeks for graduation; you need to change me now," Bella asked them. "Chloe" "I don't know, how am I gonna tell my family," I answered.

"Also, we could do the same thing as what is happening in Seattle."

"You'd be a liability as a newborn. Both of you. Unable to control your instincts. An easy target,"
Jasper responded. Carlisle placed an empathetic hand on Bella's shoulder.

"There's also your father to consider. And your mother. Your family. How terrible would it be for them if you suddenly disappeared?"

Carlisle asked Bella.

Bella couldn't argue and considered this possibility as she and I locked eyes, I sighed.

-Abandoned Cannery, Seattle Harbour Front-

SMASH! A newborn vampire careens into the wall, cracking bricks. He falls to the ground at the feet of Riley, who spun on a second newborn. "Next one who starts a fight gets his arms ripped off!"

Riley roared at them. Riley steps over a human man lying on the ground, barely alive.

Newborn #2 watched hungrily as Newborn #1 dove on the man, taking what was left of his life. There are another dozen newborns of both genders who feed, lounge and fight.

What they have in common is ferocity, strength, and thirst.

Riley goes to a pretty girl, Bree, 15, who lies in a corner, just awakening. As he squats to check on her, she suddenly jumps up, and backs against the wall, disoriented and profoundly thirsty.

Her hand flies to her neck where she was bitten.

"What—what did you do to me?" Bree asked. Behind Riley, the two newborn vampires started pushing each other again, the fight reigniting, irritating Riley.

"I'm so---so...," Bree stuttered.

'Yeah, I know. We'll find you, someone, to drink. The thirst will calm down after a while. I've got a year under my belt and I'm ok –," Riley said just as Newborn #1 ripped Newborn #2's head completely off.

Bree screamed. Riley shook his head, exasperated. He left Bree in confusion and walked away.

-Chloe's house-

Riley's face was Xeroxed onto a flier that reads "Have you seen me?" Dad sits at the table staring at it. Bella and I entered, dropping our backpacks and coat.

"Hey. Did you eat dinner yet daddy?" I asked.

"Um... no... I haven't sweetheart," he replied as she looked over his shoulder and saw the flier.

"This kid Riley Biers disappeared over a year ago. And his poor parents have been papering Seattle with these things ever since. Charlie asked me to help"

"You think they should just give up?" I asked, looking at the paper.

"I wouldn't. If it were either of you... Not ever," Dad told us. Bella swallowed her guilt.

We were about to put our families through that... and may still. Then dad unexpectedly wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her close. He pulled me into the hug as well, I giggled.

"You may not be my biological child but you are still special to me, Your a very special girl"

Bella smiled as she hugged him tightly. After a beat, he releases her. "I'm not replacing your father, he's an amazing man" Bella chuckled as she shook her head.

"Nothing can" Dad chuckled as he kissed my head.

"So, three large, extra cheese pizzas?" Dad asked as I looked at him. "Hazel wanted to have a sleepover, also Charlie is coming over as well," Mom explained, walking in, Anne in her arms.

I laughed as I nodded. Finn ran in, hugging me. I giggled, picking him up, running around the room, like we were flying. Finn's laughter filled the room.

We have to figure out what to tell people..., I thought as Dad went to order some pizza.

-Chloe's House-

Emmett and Alice are standing several paces apart. Stone still, keeping watch, listening to the sleepover. They hear a sound, both springing at once to find behind them two wolves.

Here to take over sentry duty.

Slowly, Emmett and Alice backed away, the wolves eying their every move. A truce but a tense one

-Leah's House-

Scarlett, Angela, and I are at Leah's house. Angela took a DNA test and found out that she is related to a Quileute. She's Jacob's cousin, twice removed.

(I don't know if that is true, I made that up🤷‍♀️)

Seth was eating popcorn. Leah was pacing as we discussed the battle plans for Call of Duty.  As we played, it slowly escalated to an all-time high.

It ended up with Scarlett strangling me for killing her in the game. Leah was laughing, Seth choked on popcorn and Angela was trying to pry her off me. That was when I got a call from Bella.

-Chloe's House-

Bella, mad, climbed from Jacob's car holding her injured hand, as Edward's Volvo screeches to a stop. He got out and moved directly for Jacob. Bella got in his path.

After getting out of my car, Scarlett, and I stood off to the side, watching what was happening. Angela stayed at the rez.

"Are you going to stop him?" I asked Scarlett, us watching them. "They need this," Scarlett answered, Finn walked out. "They have issues,"  Finn said as he put his phone up.

"Boy!" Scarlett knocked his phone down. He stuck his tongue out as he put it back up, filming.

"Not here, Edward. Please," Bella begged her boyfriend. "If you ever touch her against her will again," Edward growled at the wolf. "Don't do this," Bella asked again.

"She's not sure what she wants," Jacob spat out. "Don't do this," Bella repeated.

"Well, let me give you a clue," Edward snarled. "Wait for her to say the words," Jacob growled. "Fine. And she will," Edward agreed. "Jacob. Just go, okay," Bella asked.

But Jacob faced off with Edward.

Behind them, Charlie and Dad exited and saw the hostility between them. They headed towards them. Mom and Anne watched from the kitchen window.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey... Easy guys, easy. Let's take it down a notch. Alright? What's going on?" Dad asked. "I kissed Bella. And she broke her hand... Punching my face," Jacob stated.

Dad and Charlie's expression turns into a glare.

Scarlett pulled me inside the car, Bella and Edward got in his car. We rushed to Cullen's house.

-Cullen House-

Edward looked on with concern as Carlisle finishes setting Bella's hand in a splint. Rosalie, at the counter, perused several newspapers, looking for an update.

Scarlett was watching Carlisle set the splint. "Total misunderstanding. It's just a sprain, should heal fairly quickly," Carlisle stated.

"Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time again, Bella?" Emmett asked as he walked in and sat next to her. "I punched a werewolf in the face," Bella answered.

"Badass... You're gonna be one tough little newborn," Emmett smirked at her. "Tough enough to take you on," Bella shot back with a smile on her face.

"Doubt you'd be strong," Scarlett sassed at Bella, who stuck her tongue out at her.

Rosalie slapped down the newspaper and abruptly walked out, throwing a fierce scowl their way. Bella was thrown back, and Scarlett was too, looking at Emmett.

"Don't worry about it," Emmett told them. "Okay, any Leads?" Edward asks as Jasper comes in and hugs Chloe from behind.

"No sign of the intruder. But Victoria continues to make appearances," Jasper informed him. "She's toying with us. Keeping us distracted," Carlisle added. "From Seattle?" Emmett asked.

"Or the intruder. Or something else," Carlisle said.

"Alice can keep tracking her decisions but we have to track her on the ground," Edward sighed. Tired of being ignored, Bella and Chloe head out to the deck.

"We've already covered the entire southern peninsula down to Quinault," Jasper replied.

"We'll search the northwestern trail," Edward added.

-Deck, Chloe's Pov-

The sun set over the river as Rosalie looks out. Bella and I exited. Rosalie knew who was behind her without looking. "Go blather to someone else about the joys of becoming a newborn,"

Rosalie spoke up in a harsh tone. "Okay. Rosalie, I don't understand what I did, to make you hate us so much," Bella asked her.

"I don't hate you. I don't particularly like you, but... Bella, Chloe, I envy you," Rosalie corrected her.

"What? That's ridiculous," I spoke up. "No, it's not. You have a choice. I didn't. None of us did. But you do, and you're choosing wrong. I don't care how miserable your human life is," Rosalie answered.

"Our lives are not miserable. It's not perfect, but nobody's life is perfect," Bella added.

"Mine was Perfect," Rosalie sighed. "It was a long time ago, maybe you're remembering the bad," I asked. "I remember. And it was perfect. Till the end...,"

she explained as she turned toward the river. Bella and I slowly move to her side.

"I had... almost had... everything, even though it was the Great Depression. I was eighteen, beautiful—everyone in Rochester envied me. There's only one thing I wanted that I didn't have..."

-Rochester, New York, Park- (1933)

Human Rosalie, rosy skin, stunning, but naïve, vain. Her eyes longed as she handed the boy back to his mother, Vera, 18.

"I wanted a child badly. A home of my own, a husband to kiss me when he came home from work. And I thought I was going to have all of that...," she told us.

-Streets, Day- (1933)

Rosalie walked on the arm of the handsome, well-dressed Royce King. People on the street eyed her admiringly. Royce enjoyed the attention she brings him.

But it's clear from their looks that Royce himself is not well-liked.

"Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him. But I was young. I was in love with the idea of love,"

she continued as she doesn't see Royce eyeing a pretty woman across the street. The pretty woman, appalled, hurries along; he wipes the lear off his face.

Rosalie blithely only saw her perfect man. "I was young...," she added.

-Streets, Night- (1933)

Rosalie heads down the empty lamp-lit streets. She pulls her coat close in the chill of the night air. "On the last night of my life, I left a friend's house late. I wasn't far from home," she explained.

She slowed as she saw a group of five men, gathered under a streetlight.

They laughed drunkenly, passing a bottle. Rosalie veered away to avoid them but heard her handsome man. "Here she is. Hey, Rose. Come over here," Royce called as he saw her.

Rosalie relaxed a little as she realized it was Royce.

"Here, hold this. Hey, come over here. We've been waiting for you," Royce stated as he walked closer to her. "You're drunk," Rosalie stated as she can smelt it off him.

"Isn't she lovely, John? I told you she was a looker,"

Royce turned to his friends. "It's hard to say with all those clothes on," John sneered. Rosalie, uncomfortable, looked to Royce but he just snickered.

"What do you say, Rose? Why don't we take off a few layers?" Royce asked.

"Stop it... I'll see you tomorrow. Sober," Rosalie scoffed as she start, but Royce abruptly yanks her hat off. She cried out in pain as the pins wrenched her hair out.

Royce grinned, the sadist in him unmasked now. The men laughed.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Royce asked. "Stop it. Just stop it. Let go. Stop it," Rosalie gasped in shock. "Come back. Hey, you'll do as I say,"

Royce demands, then he grabbed her coat.

She fought him, scratching his face, but he violently ripped the coat off her. The brass buttons popped off as they scattered on the street. "I didn't see who he was until that night. Who they all were...,"

Rosalie finished.

-Deck-

Bella reeled at the horror of Rosalie's assault. I can tell how she was feeling based on what happened to me. Empathy filled us as a stoic Rosalie continued.

"They left me in the street, thinking I was dead. Believe me, I wanted to be. Carlisle found me, he smelled all the blood... Thought he was helping me," Rosalie said. "I'm sorry," Bella said.

"I got my revenge on them. One at a time. I saved Royce for last, so he'd know I was coming," she told us.

-Hotel Corridor- (1933)

Two large men guarded the doorway to a room. They looked up as a specter in white appeared at the other end of the hall. As it neared, it was Rosalie, in her wedding dress.

-Hotel Room (1933)-

Royce was terrified as he heard the sound of the two guards' bodies falling heavily to the ground. He backed into a corner as the door splintered open and Rosalie entered.

Royce can not hide his horror as she closed in on him.

-Deck-

"I was a little theatrical back then. Things got better after I found Emmett. But we'll always be this. Frozen, never moving forward. That's what I miss the most, the possibilities. Sitting on a front porch somewhere, Emmett gray-haired by my side, surrounded by our grandchildren, their laughter,"

Rosalie finished but falls silent for a beat. Bella turned to her, empathetic but holding her ground.

"I understand, that's what you want. But there's nothing I'll ever gonna want, what we want more than Edward and Jasper," Bella confirmed her thoughts.

"You're wrong again. After you've been changed, there's one thing you'll want more... One thing you'll kill for... Blood," Rosalie turned to her.

Seeing her point has landed, Rosalie walks off. Bella, shaken, turned back toward the house and sees Edward standing in the window, looking out at her.

I sighed as Jasper walked up to me. I wrapped my arms around him, and him kissing my head in comfort.

-Chloe's Pov- Graduation Ceremony-

Students, families, and teachers are in the gym as the ceremony continues. Umbrellas are on hand in case the clouds open up. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president," Jessica continued, standing at the podium, class valedictorian.

"Or in my case, princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered, rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!"

Loud hoots and hollers from the audience, in which Bella and I are sitting in the middle. Jessica's words are sinking in. I was finally graduating at a young age.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent," Jessica continued.

Hazel, Logan, Grace, Angela, and Scarlett were behind us.

I sat beside Bella, Bella and I looked at each other, knowing there will be no changing her mind once we made our decision. The speech continued.

On the stage, Bella walks to the school principal and shakes his hand while receiving her diploma. My friend shrieked her name out as she glared at us. Everyone laughed as I gave a goofy smile.

Out in the audience, Charlie stood up and clapped loudly, beaming with pride.

After she went up, so did I. Charlie clapped even louder, my whole family screamed and cheered for me.

"So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be, we won't have to guess. We'll know," Jessica finished as everyone clapped.

-Post Graduation Ceremony-

Charlie, Bella, Finn, Dad, Mom, and I walked away, Anne was in my arms. Bella awkwardly shouldering out of her gown and mortarboard. She and I ad-libbed "see you at the party"

Various students including the usual suspects if possible.

Charlie wrapped an arm around Bella's shoulders, emotional. "I'm so proud of you, Bella, Chloe, I can't wait to see what you do next Bella. You're my biggest accomplishment," he teared up.

"Dad, that's not true," Bella denied. "I don't know about you, Clumsy," I told her. "But I know I'm the best." I did a hair flip as Bella playfully punched my shoulder.

Dad and Finn laughed at us.

"You are amazing sweetheart, we're proud of you, we love you," Mom tells me. "They love me more!" Finn yelled as he, Angela, Hazel, Grace, Scarlett, and Logan ran past us.

"Yeah right!" I run after them, Anne laughing.

Dad, Mom, Charlie, and Bella laugh at us. "We'll see you later," Dad says as they go after us. "But dad, I still don't know what you mean," Bella says.

"Yeah, it is. And it's... well, you'll see, when you have kids," Charlie argued.

-Seattle-

Riley, exasperated, stood next to a late model sedan that lies upside down in the dark street. Smoke comes from the engine and a fire ignites. Inside the car, a woman screamed.

"What did I say, about low profile?" Riley screams.

"Something's coming. Something bigger than any of us alone. And if you can't control yourselves, we're all going to die."

A male newborn ignores him as he pulls the screaming woman from the car and begins to feed on her.

Nearby, two other newborns feed on prizes of their own, a female sex worker and a bike messenger. Riley gave up. "What's done is done, just clean up after yourselves," he commanded.

At an overpass in the distance, four figures stand utterly motionless, looking down at the mayhem.

They're the Volturi: Jane with her misleadingly angelic face. The hulking Felix, elegant Demetri, and cherubic Alec. All wear dark coats with hoods. Jane is calling the shots.

"They've already drawn too much attention," Felix said.

"So has our 'inaction'. Others may begin to question the Volturi's effectiveness," Demitri added. "Let them," Jane stated. "Maybe we should consult with Aro,"

Felix asked as he walked away from the group.

Jane shot Felix a look, and searing pain shot through his body. The massive Felix dropped to the ground writhing silently. "Aro's decisions are being watched. We must decide," Jane ordered.

Alec carefully, gently touches her shoulder, interceding.

"Then decide sister. It's time," Alec said as she released Felix. Demetri helps him up. She smiled at Alec, utterly uncaring of the agony she just caused Felix.

"Yes, it is. Either we let them do what they were created for or we end them. Decisions, decisions,"

Jane stated as she turned to the scene. Riley sensed something and looked up. He didn't see anything as the Volturi are gone.

-Cullen House, Party-

It's wall-to-wall with teenagers. Dancing, celebrating. Alice has transformed the place into a magical nightclub. Bella and I entered, immediately overwhelmed by the crowd.

We weave our way through the throngs, searching for Edward and Jasper. She finally spotted him.

Edward is deep in consultation with Carlisle, Emmett, Thomas, and Jasper. Their mood was intense. Hazel, Grace, Logan, Scarlett, and Angela were dancing.

Bella and I headed toward them but Jessica and Lauren swooped in. I sighed as I saw Lauren.

"You've made it," Jessica smiled at us. "Hey. What'd you think of my speech?" Jessica asked. "Too easy-breezy, too self-helpful? You may admit it. It sucked."

"No, you pretty much nailed it," Bella answered.

"Yeah? It's like I was born to lead, right?" Jessica asked. "Oh, great. I love this song, let's go," Lauren squealed as she pulled her to the dance floor where Eric and Mike found.

Mike and Eric started a robot battle.

The girls laughed. Their celebratory mood was in striking contrast to the atmosphere in the kitchen. A dance floor is Bella's idea of hell and my heaven, but she forces a smile and shuffles a bit.

Then Bella tapped my shoulder and pointed as we saw that Jacob enters, calm, confident.

Quil and Embry flanked him, looking tense, eyes darting around the room. Bella maneuvered off the dance floor and into Jacob's path. I saw Jasper standing outside of the crowd.

I rushed to him, kissing him. Jasper rubbed my sides, complimenting my outfit. We listened to what Jacob and Bella were talking about.

"What are you doing here?" Bell asked. "You invited me, remember?" Jacob reminded her "Was my right hook too subtle for you? That was me uninviting you," Bella shot back.

"Do you want me to hit you? Maybe you'll get the hint" I asked. "My bag is ready"

"Look, Bella. I'm sorry about that, you know. The kiss and your hand, " Jacob apologized. "I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing. But it was just me. Being an ass. I'm sorry."

She saw that he was sincere. She softened and nodded. I rolled my eyes at her soft heart.

"I brought you something. A graduation present. I made it myself," Jacob told her as he takes her hand and clasped it to her wrist. A charm bracelet. The charm.

An intricately hand-carved figure of a miniature wolf. Bella looked at it and moved.

"Oh. Did you make this? It's really pretty. Thanks," Bella thanked him as Jacob pleased. "What about me? From Leah," I asked, pouting. Jacob chuckled as he hands me the same bracelet. "Leah gives you her best wishes,"

Jacob told me as I hugged him.

But then Bella's eye was caught by Alice standing by the staircase, frozen. I turned to face her as I realized what was happening. She's having a vision. Alarm clouded Bella's face. Jacob saw it.

"I'll be right back," Bella told him. "Why? What's going on?" Jacob asked.

"Nothing. Just wait here a sec," we replied. Jacob shared a suspicious look with Embry and Quil as Bella and I push through the crowd. Jasper followed us.

At the staircase, Bella and I reach Alice just as she comes out of her vision, her face alarmed.

"Alice, what did you see?" I asked as Jacob appeared.

"Okay, something is going on. Tell me," Jacob asked. "I... need to talk to Thomas," Alice replied. Jacob puts an arm against the wall, blocking her. "Why don't you talk to me?" Jacob asked.

Suddenly Thomas is there. His expression is lethal.

"I suggest you remove – your – arm. Before I do," Thomas growled. Jacob does so, slowly, carefully. "The decision's been made," Alice said. "What's going on? You're not going to Seattle?"

Bella asked. "No. They're coming here," Alice told us as she explained her vision.

-Alice's Vision-

Riley passes Bella's red blouse and Chloe's scarf amongst the newborns. They inhaled, picking up the sisters' scents.

-Back Den-

The party continues inside. But outside, the discussion is tense. Scarlett, Alice, Edward, Jasper, Carlisle, and I debate as Jacob tries to follow.

Quil and Embry are nearby, on guard.

"How long?" Edward asked. "They'll be here in four days," Alice replied. "This could turn into a blood bath," Carlisle added. "Who's behind it?" I asked. "I didn't see anyone I recognize. Maybe one,"

Alice replied as Edward reads her name.

"I know his face. He's local, Riley Biers," he said as he catches our eyes as recognized the name, shaken. "He didn't start this," I realized. "Thomas"

"Victoria might have something to do with this," Thomas confirmed.

"Whoever did is staying out of the action," Alice agreed. "They must be playing with the blind spots in your vision," Carlisle sighed.

"Either way, the army is coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town," Jasper spoke up. "Hold up. What damn army?" Jacob asked as he is about to explode.

Carlisle and Edward shared a look. Edward shook his head, no, but Carlisle decided differently.

"Newborns. Our kind," Carlisle replied. "What are they after?" Embry asked. "They were passing around Bella's and Chloe's scent," Alice replied. "A red blouse and a scarf."

"They're after Bella and Chloe?" Embry asked.

"What the hell does this mean?" Jacob asked. "It means an ugly fight. With lives lost," I replied as i hugged Jasper. The weight of it lands on all of us.

Beat. Jacob shared a sober look with Embry and Quil. An imperceptible nod.

"Alright. We're in," Jacob announced. "No. You'll get yourselves killed, no way," Bella asked "I wasn't asking for permission," Jacob answered. "Edward," Bella turned to him.

"It means more protection for you two," Jacob reminded her.

"Jacob," I sighed. "Do you believe Sam will agree to an understanding?" Carlisle asked. "As long as we get to kill some vampires," Jacob replied. "Jasper?" Carlisle asked.

"They'll give us the numbers. And the newborns won't know they even exist. That'll give us an edge," Jasper informed him.

"We'll need to coordinate," Carlisle stated. "Carlisle, they're gonna get hurt," I reminded him.

"We'll all need some training. Fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has. You're welcome to join us. Alright," Carlisle asked.

"Name the time and place," Jacob replied.

-One minute later-

Jacob, Quil, and Embry head for the door. Bella caught up to Jacob. "Jake... You don't know what you're getting yourself into," Bella asked.

"Bella... This is what we do. You should be happy. Look at us, working together. You're the one who wanted us to get along, remember?" He reminded her as he strode out leaving her amid the revelers.

I walked up to her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

-Clearing-

The eerie silence was hanging over the field. It's a large field surrounded by dense forest. The mist is heavy; it's overcast and gray.

Suddenly, the quiet was broken by Emmett being flung through the air, flailing his arms. He landed hard on his back, but immediately sprung up to face Jasper, the person who threw him.

"Again,"

he said as Carlisle, Thomas, Scarlett, Esme, Alice, and Rosalie watched them spar. Edward's Volvo arrived as it skids to a halt next to Jasper and my car.

Edward, Bella, and I climbed out and head into the field together. Halfway across, Edward stopped. "They're here," he said as he turned to the woods.

From out of the mist skulk eight giant wolves, as wary and on-edge as the Cullens are.

Emmett recognized Paul-wolf; their eyes meet, both itching for a rematch. "They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms," Edward informed the rest.

"They came. That's what matters," Carlisle said as I noticed Leah and Seth's wolves.

Scarlett winked at Leah as I waved at them. Bella saw the red-brown wolf as it turned toward her. "Jake...," she said as the three seemed to almost smile, tongue lolling.

A sharp look from Sam-wolf gets them to focus.

"Will you translate?" Carlisle asked as Edward nods. Carlisle moves slowly towards their pack. Sam-wolf, the biggest and blackest stepped forward.

"Hey, Jake. Welcome," Edward spoke up.

"Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them," Carlisle informed them. "They want to know how the 'newborns' differ from us," Edward told him.

"They're a great deal stronger than us because their human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life,"

Carlisle explained as the pack takes this in. Carlisle nodded to Jasper to take over. Jasper is initially uncomfortable with both the wolves and the attention but steps forward.

"Carlisle's right. That's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army. And no human army could stand against them. The two most important things to remember are, first...," Jasper confirmed.

"Never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. The second... Never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that. And you will lose. Emmett? Don't hold back."

"Not in my nature," Emmett smiled as he charges Jasper with impossible speed, but Jasper is a virtual blur.

Emmett lunged several times, his strong arms grabbing at air. Jasper stops long enough to tell him what he missed.

"Never lose focus. One more thing... Never turn your back on your enemy," Jasper announced.

Emmett lunges again with similar results until suddenly he freezes. Jasper had him from behind, his teeth an inch from Emmett's throat. Bella was taken aback by Jasper's skill.

And there's an impressed rumble among the watching wolves. I blew him a kiss.

Everyone took turns sparring with Jasper or pairing off against each other. They're all blurs, which become visible as a shift to see violent but extraordinary dance.

Scarlett wanted to train, so Leah-wolf fake trained with her.

I made a bet with Emmett and Thomas to see who would win between Thomas and Alice, but if a tie, they both give me money. "My guy friend versus my girl friend?" I scoffed.

"Try again." Thomas and Alice sparred, in their animal forms.

Marcia's eyes held a smirk, using her small body to dodge his attacks. Out of nowhere, Alice pushed him down, and rolled on the ground, laughing.

"Tie," I said as Scarlett came to my side.

I turned to Emmett and Thomas, smirking. "Pay up," I asked as they both grumble, handing me my money.

Edward and Carlisle attacked one another, but Edward can read Carlisle's mind which gives him the advantage.

He twirls beyond Carlisle's grasp, then slammed into him delivering a vicious body blow.

"Focus on speed, agility, keep your opponent off guard," Jasper ordered as the wolves rise or pace, watching intently, itching to get into the fray but holding back.

"Use their momentum against them."

Bella was anxiously watching these fierce, life-and-death war games. A portent of the violence to come. A furry muzzle brushes her face.

Jacob-wolf is beside her, his eyes conveying concern. She pensively looks back out at the field.

"Some of you, are gonna get hurt. Some of you could get killed, because of me, because of Chloe. It's gonna be a hundred times worse than this, right?"

She asked then Jacob nuzzles her face again.

She pets him and leans against him. "We're done for the day," Edward suddenly appeared next to her. His expression is calm but firm.

Jacob-wolf eyes them then rejoins his pack as they retreat into the woods. The Jeep pulls away carrying Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Emmett.

Alice pulled Scarlett aside to talk about the next shopping trip they would go on. Thomas stood near them, keeping an eye on his pixie mate.

Bella sat on the hood of the Volvo. I was leaning against the Jeep as I texted my friends. Jasper approaches kicking the mud from his shoes; brushing dirt off.

Bella looks at him as if for the first time.

"Jasper. Are you sure, there's nothing I can do to help? Since I can't fight," Bella asked.

"Your presence alone, your scent will distract the newborns. Their hunting instinct will take over, drive them crazy," Jasper replied. "Good. I'm glad. Hey. How do you know so much about this?"

Bella asked.

"I didn't have quite the same upbringing as my adopted siblings," Jasper replied, hoping to end the conversation, he starts to move away but she jumps off the Jeep, following him.

He paused and saw her inquiring look.

Beat. He slowly rolls up a sleeve and shows her his arms. She sees nothing in the overcast gray light at first. Then it becomes clear.

His arm is feathered with hundreds of white, half-moon-shaped scars. Bella was aghast. "Those bites are like mine," she gasped.

"Battle scars. All the training the Confederate Army gave me was useless against the newborns. Still, I never lost a fight," Jasper explained.

"This has happened during the civil war?" she asked. He nods as he starts to walk. She walks apace with him.

"I was the youngest major in the Texas cavalry. All without having seen any real battle," Jasper answered.

"I hated being there, I never wanted to be one of them. I didn't think like them, I was only in the confederate army because of my father, he forced me,"

"I'm sorry Jasper. You were there until," Bella asked. "Until I'm not a certain immortal. Maria," Jasper finished.

-Desert (1863)-

Jasper's face was human, tan, and flushed with the exertion of riding his horse full throttle down the dirt road. He looked dashing in his confederate uniform.

"I was riding back to Galveston after evacuating a column of women and children. When I saw her,"

he continued as his past self slows when he sees three women in frayed dresses and bare feet. Their beauty overwhelms him.

Maria, Mexican, black-haired, porcelain-skinned, is flanked by two blondes, Lucy and Nettie. He dismounts, and politely bows. Maria scrutinizes him.

"I immediately offered her my aid," he said "Lovely. And an officer," Lucy inhaled deeply. "You'd better do it, Maria. I can never stop once I've started," Nettie spoke up.

Jasper is confused but mesmerized as Maria moves closer.

"What's your name, soldier?" Maria asked. "Major Jasper Whitlock, Ma'am," Jasper replied. "I hope you survive. You may be of great use to me," Maria told him as she bit him.

-Clearing-

Jasper stops walking, the painful memory washing over him. Bella moved to a fallen log and sits. "Maria was creating an army?" She asked.

"They were very common in the South. And cost brutal battles for territory," Jasper explained.

-Texas Desert (the 1860s)-

Jasper looked almost unrecognizable in his ferocity as he tore through an opposing army of newborns, ripping off limbs, arms, and heads. He's a terrifying warrior.

"Maria won them all. She was smart and careful. And she had me. I was the second in command. My abilities to control emotions served her well," Jasper continued.

-Barn-

Jasper trained a group of newborns, demonstrating defensive and attack maneuvers. They're a feral-looking bunch.

Jasper's eyes are burgundy-red, his face hard, and cold until he crossed a young, innocent-looking boy, 15. Jasper softened ever so slightly as he encouraged the boy, who looks up to him.

"I trained her newborns. An endless occupation since she never let them live beyond their first year," Jasper continued.

"Those with mates died after being revealed, as she didn't want any distractions."

A stronger newborn easily pinned the boy. Maria appeared behind Jasper and grabbed him into a kiss, dominant and salacious. She whispered to him regarding the boy.

They both stared at the boy as the newborns disperse.

"It was my job to dispose of them," Jasper added as the day turned into night.

-Later-

"I could feel everything they felt," Jasper said as he flinches at the memory. Jasper approached the boy and clamps his hand on the boy's shoulder. The boy looked at him, then at the sky.

Jasper looked anguished as he looks at the boy, who was unaware of what is to happen to him.

Jasper, filled with despair, grabbed the boy, restraining the boy in a choke-hold, almost an embrace before twisting the boy's head off.

-Clearing-

Jasper has the same despair as acute as if it was yesterday. I walked up next to him.

"I thought what Maria and I had was love. But I was her puppet. She pulled the strings. I didn't know there was another way," Jasper finished as he turns to me.

"Until I found Alice. Now she'd seen me coming, of course. She told me about my mate and how she will see me for who I am. A beautiful woman who brought the light to my life."

"Kept me waiting long enough," I teased him.

"My apologies, Ma'am. I don't know what I'd have become without her," Jasper told me. I wrapped my arms around Jasper from behind him. "You'll never have to be that again,"

I told him as I kissed him. Bella smiled, taking it all in.

-Later-

I lay in bed, Jasper next to me. He took notice of my emotions as I dreamed.

-Dream Sequence-

I'm back in California, only now I'm alone. I turn around and see Jasper in front of me. Maria whispered in his ear, seductively as I don't hear it.

Jasper's eyes begin to turn bright blood red, thirst-crazed. Her figure changed constantly between her and another woman.

I blinked my eyes and discovered that it was no longer Maria next to him. It's Victoria. "Jasper," she whispered. "I want you to kill her." He lunged for me, but for once instead of running.

I faced my enemy and swung.

-Chloe's Pov-

My arm goes in a swing as Jasper caught my fist in a mid swing. I was dreaming, but the fist was real. My eyes focus, realizing I swung at Jasper. My heart was racing.

"What is it?" He asked.

"The intruder. The newborn army," I answered. "They're all her puppets. Victoria." "Alice would've seen if she wanted to make an army," Jasper replied.

"Unless she's hiding behind them, and she's letting someone else decide," I added. "Maybe she found out how Alice's visions work."

Jasper rose, considering. "Trust me. I want it to be her. I want her that close," Jasper told me. "To end her myself, with my own hands."

I can see the darkness in his face, not certain what to make of his murderous side.

-Under a bridge in Seattle-

It's dark. Riley appears in the shadows dragging by the collar a barely conscious, athletic, young man, Tristan, 18.

Riley effortlessly pulls Tristan's weight behind him as he traverses the long stretch of the underpass. Tristan tried desperately to focus. The bump on his head prevented lucidity.

"Stop... I...," He tried to say but he's dragged over a stone and cries out in pain.

Riley ignores him, finally reaching his destination. He released Tristan who drops hard to the ground. Tristan's blinded by the darkness, dazed, terrified. He started to crawl away.

He doesn't see a pair of boots step up behind him.

He managed to get to his feet, about to run, when suddenly a hand wrenches him backward. it's Victoria. She forced him to his knees, his back to her.

She shot a smile at Riley.

He returned it, backing away from the coming blood. She yanked Tristan's head to the side to expose his neck. "Welcome to the army,"

Victoria said as she bites into his neck, releasing venom into his bloodstream.

-THIRD POV-

Edward exited with Bella on his heels, Jasper and Chloe following suit. "I'm not just gonna hide, while you're taking all the risks for me?" Bella asked them.

"If it's Victoria involved, I need to keep you as far away from the fight as possible," Edward told her.

"Both of you." He looked at Chloe. "Jasper said that we could be of help," Bella added as Jasper nods.

"We won't need your help. With the wolves in this, it's an easy win. The rest of us aren't gonna have enough to do," Edward told her.

"Okay, either it's so dangerous that Chloe and I have to hide. Or it's so easy, that you're gonna be side blind, which is it?" Bella asked. "It's dangerous for you. It's easy for us," Edward stated.

"I think it's dangerous for us to be apart. How many times we have to prove that? I'll be worrying. You'll be worried," Bella explained.

"And we'll both feel more horrible." "Okay, you're right," Edward agreed. "So, I'm coming with you," Bella asked. "What about me?" Chloe asked. "Don't I have a choice?"

"No, we've got to stay away together," Jasper answered.

"I can't make you guys choose between us and your family, it's...," Chloe asked, turning to Jasper.

"The only way I can protect you, is to be with you," Jasper said. "Fine" Chloe tells them.

-Clearing-Chloe's Pov-

Jacob, Seth, and an unknown person faced Bella, Jasper, Edward, and I. We're in the center of the field.  Thomas stands several paces behind us.

"You're not fighting? What, you pull a muscle or something?"

Jacob retorted after Bella explained what Edward and Jasper would be doing. "He's doing it for me. Okay?" Bella asked. Jacob looks at her, at Edward, and shakes his head with disdain.

"Whatever. Just tell me the plan," Jacob asked as Jasper steps forward slightly.

"This field will give us an advantage in battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella's and Chloe's scent. It needs to end here," Jasper states.

"Edward, Jasper, Chloe, and I are going on a campsite," Bella added. "Even if they carry us, they'll still pick up our scents." "Your stench, however, is revolting," Edward sneered at him.

"Dude, you really don't want to start comparing stinks," Jacob shot back.

"What he means, is that your scent will mask mine if you two carry us," I interjected. "Done," Seth agreed, a little too eager.

"This is not a good idea," Edward sighed.

"Edward. They won't want to get anywhere near his... odor," Thomas  added in. "Okay, let's just try it," Bella asked.  "Who's that?" I asked as Seth smiled.

"This is Nancy. My childhood friend" Seth explained. "I guess, we're also going camping?" Nancy asked.

"I'll walk behind you two" Nancy shrugged as Edward finally nodded. Bella extends her arms to Jacob. He grins, and picks her up, holding her tight.

I turned to Seth and jumped onto his back.

"Eau de wolf, comin' up," Jacob joked. "Run," Edward said as Jacob, Seth, and Nancy ran. "Clench up, Legolos!" I yelled as they all laughed.

-Forest-

Seth ran through the trees carrying me, not superhuman speed, but fast, and not breaking a sweat. Some time has passed and he set me down.

They start to walk, circling back slowly toward their distant starting point.

Nancy was walking behind us.  "What about me? Will I join you during the battle?" Seth asked me. "Of course I care, you'll be staying with us during the battle,"

I told him. "I won't have a choice anyways," Seth sighed.

"Since Jacob let Sam be alpha male. I got to live with the shots he calls." "Since Jacob let Sam be alpha?" I asked. "Why?" "He didn't want to be in a pack, let alone be their leader," Seth replied.

"Wow. Chief Jacob," I joked.

"Opted out. But every choice has it's consequences," Seth looked down. "Some more than others." "I know, but there are time where we can't help it," I answered.

"I understand," Seth sighed. "I really want to find my imprint." "Well... I'm not a wolf, I can't imprint," I sighed.

"It has nothing to do with imprinting. It has to do with...," Seth asked.

"Feeling something for somebody. And I know you don't feel something for me. I can sense how I make you feel... emotionally. I make you feel protective of me. You're like an older, more annoying sister to me." Seth pulled me closer, indeed, making me smile.

"Seth," I asked. "Promise me that you won't change yourself when you become a vampire," Seth asked.

"I promise," I said as I cross my heart. "Cross my heart and hope to die." He smiled at me. "What about that girl, Nancy?" I asked. Seth looked up at me, suspiciously.

"What about her?" He asked. "I saw the way you looked at her. You like her" I say, as Seth blushed.

"You do like her!" "SHH!" He shushed me as he looked back at her, Nancy smiled. "Okay, I like her... but" he looked slightly sad.

"What happened?" I asked. He signed.

"We used to date way before  I shifted, we were childhood sweethearts, but I broke up with her," he tells me.

"Why?" "To keep her safe, there are no hard feelings. She shifted a few days after me, I didn't know she would" he tells me. "We decided to stay friends. I do still have feelings for her, but I've gotten over them. Not fully"

He confessed. I hugged him tightly.

"I'm sure you'll have someone Seth" I tell him. "I hope so" Seth says as we walk, Nancy smiles as she looks at Seth, lightly blushing.

-Clearing-

Edward and Jasper stood as Thomas jogs out of the woods. "All I picked up was wolf stench. No Bella. No Chloe. This will work," Thomas told his brothers.

"If they take the path now, we can do it," Thomas answered. "Great," Jasper agreed.

-Bella's House, Afternoon-

Bella and I climbed from her truck just as Scarlett and Alice exited the house with Charlie and Dad. The two laugh, enjoying one another.

As Alice and Scarlett headed down the stairs, they finish their conversation. "Okay, Alice. Don't be a stranger. You too, Scarlett," Charlie asked. "Tell your mom I said hello, Scarlett" Dad said.

"Okay," she said as Bella, surprised, waved back as Charlie heads into the house.

Alice and Scarlett met Bella and I in the yard. Dad waved at me, walking inside with Charlie. "Your alibi for the battle is all arranged," Alice informed us. "Really?" Bella and I asked.

"I told your father that our whole family's going camping this weekend," Alice explained.

"So you and I are having a sleep over at my house. Charlie is going fishing anyway. Emmett is going with him" "Charlie? Emmett? You guys run for the same basis now?" I asked.

"Jasper and me, he likes. Actually, you two, Edward and Jasper will have the house to yourself tonight," Alice told us.

"Like alone?" Bella asked.

"We're all going hunting, powering up for the battle. You're welcome," Alice told us. I bite my lip at the thought as Bella is flushed with anticipation and nerves.

-Kitchen-

Bella and I entered as Charlie made a sandwich. Dad and Mom were sitting at the table. He looked up. "Hey. Do you want a sandwich?" He asked. "No, I'm good," Bella said.

"Well, the girls, I like," Charlie told us.

"Alice and Scarlett. Yeah, they're great," I agreed. I sat down next to my parents. Bella moves to the sink, starts washing dishes, overly casual. I looked at her, as she shrugged.

"Hey, Dad. I was wondering. Why didn't you get remarried, after Mom?" Bella asked.

"I don't know. Guess I still haven't met the right gal. Why?" Charlie asked. "I don't know. I thought you just... Maybe you gave up on the whole institution of it. Of marriage. But do you think there's any value in it?" She asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, marriage has value. When you're older. Much older. Like your mother. It seems to work out fine for her the second time round. Later in life," Charlie explained.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean...," Bella said.

"You definitely don't wanna have to get married, because you weren't... careful," Charlie added. "What?" Bella asked.

"Look, you know what I'm talking about. There Are things, that you need to think about it, if you.... If you gonna be physically intimate," Charlie continued.

Dad and Mom tried not to laugh. I look at Bella in shock.

"Okay. Don't... until I've had enough of 'The Talk'," Bella said, feeling awkward. I covered my mouth as I tried to covered my laughter as well.

"Don't you just quit. It's just as embarrassing for me, as it is for you," Charlie scolded her. "I doubt that. And don't bother, 'cause Mom beat you too early ten years ago," I laughed at Bella's face.

My parents started laughing.

"Well, you didn't have a boyfriend ten years ago," Charlie told her. "I'm sure things work the same way," Bella added. "Alright. So... You guys are... taking precautions, and...," Charlie told.

"Okay, dad. Please just don't worry about that. Edward is... old school,"

Bella stuttered over her words as I silently laughed at her. "Old school, great. What's that? Like a code for something?" Charlie asked. "Oh my God. Dad... I'm a virgin,"

Bella stuttered out as I burst into laughter. "Better wrap it before you tap it!" I shrieked as Bella threw a towel at me.

"Okay, good. Glad we covered that," Charlie sighed in relief. "Me too," Bella sighed as well, glaring at me for laughing at her. "Virgin... Liking Edward a little bit more now,"

Charlie said as Bella, mortified, bolts for the door, grabbing my wrist in the process.

-Cullen House-

Bella and I approached the front door, overnight bag on our shoulders. She's nervous. Awkward. She arranges her hair, straightens her sweater and checks her breath. I look at her funny.

The door suddenly opens to reveal Edward and Jasper, worried.

"What are you doing here outside? What's wrong?" Edward asked. "Nothing," Bella says as he looked at her quizzically, but takes her bag and shows her in. She took a deep breath and enters.

Jasper moves to the side to let her in as he turns to me. I smile as I wrap my arms around his neck, bringing him into a kiss.

-Jasper's bedroom-

I followed Jasper into the room to find a large, luxurious, wrought-iron bed. I stopped at the sight of it. "There's a bed," I stated. "Why?" "I thought you might need one to sleep in,"

Jasper told me as I tentatively moves to it, sitting on it's edge.

"Here I thought you want to have your way with me," I smile at him, making him chuckle. "If I had my way with you," Jasper told me. "You wouldn't leave the bedroom at all."

I gave him my best come-hither look and laid down on the bed, inhaling courage.

I scoot to the bed's center. Jasper moves to the bed and hovered over me, attacking my neck with kisses. I wrap my arms around his neck, as I moan. Jasper kissed me, passionately.

Jasper pulled away from me as he reins his desire for me. I pout at him as he kissed me.

"I want to ask you something," I ask. He can see something's on my mind as he sits down next to me on the bed. "Anything," Jasper said.

"Okay, marriage is the condition for you to change me yourself, right?" I asked. "Yes," Jasper reminded. "Okay. I want to negotiate my own condition," I asked.

"I've talked this through with Bella. And she wants the same thing."

"Anything you want, It's yours," Jasper answered. "Do you promise?" I asked. "Yeah," Jasper agreed as I look at him. Then I lean over and kiss him.

I move closer still and kiss him again, more deeply as he returns the kiss. Passion sweeps over us. But as I attempt to unbutton his shirt, he pulls back.

"Chloe... no," Jasper breathed out, holding my wrists, "You've said that you wanted me to have every human experience," I told him. "Not the ones that support risk killing you," Jasper added.

"You won't. And everyone says, once I'm changed, all I'm gonna want is to slaughter the whole town," I said.

"I may even lose my family and friends" "That first part doesn't last forever," Jasper reminded me. "And I know that. And I can help you with that."

"I want you. While I'm still me. While I still want you this way," I told him. "Gotta wrap it before you tap it," "It's too dangerous," Jasper asked me, laughing lightly at the saying.

"I'll wait," I answered. He wrestles with his own conflicting desires. A difficult internal debate.

I can see he's on the fence. I pulled away from him, giving a smile. "If you don't want to do it now, we can wait," I asked as he quickly moves to my side.

He pulled me up, pulling me close, intense desire in his eyes.

"Believe me, I want to. I just want to be married to you first," he told me as he kissed my hand.  "You really make me feel like I'm some sort of like a villain trying to steal your virtue or something,"

I said, softly. "It's not my virtue I'm concerned about," Jasper told me.

"Are you kidding?" I asked him. "It's just one rule, I wanna leave unbroken. It might be too late for my soul, but I will protect yours. I know it's not a modern notion," Jasper answered.

"It's not modern. It's ancient," I said. "I'm from a different era. Things were a lot less complicated. And if I met you back then," Jasper explained as he slides off the bed, still holding my hand.

"I would've courted to you. We'd have taken chaperoned strolls, or had iced tea on the porch. I may have stolen a kiss or two. But, only after asking your father's permission. I would've got down on one knee." He is now on one knee. "And I would presented you with a ring."

He took from his pocket a little black box, and flipped it open to reveal a ring. "Your friends and family told me what ring to get you, your mom helped a lot,"

Jasper told me as the beautiful ring literally takes my breath away.

Jasper pulled me to my feet as he remained on his knee. Fear and love do battle within me as he continues.

"Chloe Forrest. I promise to love you, every moment forever. And would you do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me?" He asked me as he slips the ring on my finger, I am overcome.

Tears spring to my eyes as, finally, love wins out.

"Yes," I cried out in happiness as he rises, overjoyed, and embraces my, lifting me off my feet. He is joyous. I reels, overwhelmed, ambivalence, not entirely gone as I take in the ring on my finger.

-Seattle-

Riley and Victoria are in an embrace, a dark, discomfiting mirror image of the previous scene. They're on a secluded catwalk, away from the newborn army.

"You're not coming with us?" Riley asked.

"It will be a last minute decision. I told you how it works," Victoria reminded him. "Right. The Cullens have powers," Riley replied, urged by this decision.

Victoria pulled away, ever so slightly irritated by his tone.

"Don't underestimate them, Riley. You'll have the numbers," Victoria told him. "But they'll be able to anticipate your every move." "According to your friend,"

Riley asked as she looks at him, not sure where he's going with this. She circled him.

"Yes. My dead friend. Laurent found out about the things they could do, and they killed him. But not before he told me," Victoria continued.

"Maybe he was wrong. I mean, this is supposed to be Cullen territory," Riley asked. "But we've been tearing it up and I've never even seen them here."

Fury flashed in her eyes. She's suddenly standing several feet away from him. "You don't trust me," Victoria sneered. "With my life. I'm just saying that...," Riley tried to tell her.

"I'm doing this for us. So that we can feed, without their retaliation," Victoria lied through her teeth.

"I can't live in fear anymore, waiting for them to attack." He's suddenly next to her, wrapping his arms around her. "I won't let them. I'm going to end the Cullen clan. I swear," Riley promised her.

She looked at him, then kissed him, hard.

"I love you. So much," Victoria lied as he embraced her but over his shoulder, her eyes went flat, the emotion disappearing.

-Trail-

Bella and I met up in the trails after the previous night, both finding out that we are now engaged to our vampire boyfriends.

Bella and I pricked our fingers, her finger without her ring, mine with my ring. A single drop of blood appeared. We touched our fingers to the side of a tree.

We moved up the trail to the next tree, touching it was well. A cold wind blows.

The clouds above are dark. It looks like it would snow later. We continued, making our way to our fiancés. We emerged into the empty field. We touched another tree.

Edward and Jasper came up behind us.

"You're going overboard," Edward spoke up, Jasper not liking this at all, as well. "If this is all we can contribute, we want to be thorough," Bella answered.

I walked to Jasper, his arms engulfing me.

He kissed my head, his love flowing into me. "The newborns will be frantic. Now let me put a bandage on that," Jasper asked as he reached for my left hand. I pulled it away, worried.

"It's Okay. Don't make yourself uncomfortable," I asked.

"It doesn't bother me anymore," Jasper reminded me. "Since when?" I asked. He took my hand and placed a bandage on it.

"Since I went to California with you, meeting your grandparents, everyone's scent is the same" I laughed.

Jasper answered as he kissed my hand. Edward looked at her hand, and gives her a quizzical look.

"You're not wearing your ring," he asked. "Well, I didn't want to risk losing it," Bella replied. "Or risk Jacob seeing it?" Edward asked her.

"I think we should wait to tell him. I mean, at least till after the fight," Bella responded. "If you're having second thoughts," Edward asked her. "I'm not. I just want him to have a clear head," Bella told him.

"Whose head is unclear?" Jacob asked.

We spun to find Seth, Nancy and Jacob across the clearing. Jacob approached as Seth ran up to me. He hugs me as Jasper clasps his hand onto his shoulder.

Seth smiles at him as I show him my ring finger. He congratulated us.

Nancy congratulated us as well. I could see the love in her eyes for Seth. "Nobody's, I hope," Bella lied as I rolled my eyes at her. Bella shoots me a look not to tell him anything.

Edward and Jacob nod curtly to one another. Jacob eyes the cloudy sky. Edward and Jasper does the same.

"Alice says there's a storm coming," Edward spoke. "Yeah, I can feel it. We should get going," Jacob asked. "We'll take the longer route. But we'll get there first. Set up camp," Jasper added.

Jacob nods. Edward turns to Bella, searing her face for ambivalence or surety.

Finally, he kisses her forehead. "I'll see you in a couple of hours," Edward told her. "You remember where to go?" Jasper asked Seth. "Yeah," Seth nods.

"Nancy had me memorize the route for the last few hours to get the feel of it."

"Because you would forget it" Nancy sassed back, lightly pressing herself against him. I smirked. "Good" Jasper agreed as he turns to me. "Stay safe, Chloe." "I will," I tell him as I pulled him down to me, kissing him.

He pulled away after kissing me. He and Edward grabbed our bags and some gear and left.

Jacob eyed Bella. Seth turned to me and gave a look of happiness for me. "Something up?" Jacob asked. "A bunch of vampires trying to kill me and my friend," Bella lied.

"Same old, same old," Jacob seems to take the lie as I roll my eyes.

Seth looked at me confused as I leaned into her eyes. "She's engaged to Edward." I whispered in his ear as he nodded. Jacob and Bella shared a smile as he slung her onto his back.

Seth allowed me to jump onto his back.

"Yip, Yip," I announced as they all laughed at my joke. "I'm not Appa," Seth retorted back at me. "You act like one" Nancy yelled as she is behind us.

Seth gasped as they  began to walk to the campsite.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

201K 4.3K 52
(Emmett Cullen x OC) (Twilight) (New Moon) (Eclipse) (Breaking Dawn parts 1 & 2) Started on: January 8, 2021 Finished on: ???
14.9K 432 13
Twilight - completed ✔️ New moon - completed ✔️ Eclipse - ongoing Breaking dawn pt.1 - not done Breaking dawn pt.2 - not done
89.6K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...
73.7K 1.9K 53
"Jasper Hale spoke to you!?" "Well you don't have to be weird about it" Adeline Sinclair was the Regina George of her school in Seattle but her reign...