Conflicted

By PercyJacksonFan1289

Severus Thorn never wanted to be a Padawan. He wanted a simple life, a life of peace. Now here he is, the Pad... More

Introduction
Attack on Kamino
Siege on Ryloth
The Students and the Black Market
Dreams and Visions
The Sith Assassin
A Happy Landing
Reunion and Rescue
Unleashed Rage
Attack on Umbara
1000 Reads!!
The Mandalorian Operation
Second Impressions
The Shadow of the Hunter
Delta Squad
Sidious
Sheer Hatred

The Sith Arise

272 8 2
By PercyJacksonFan1289

Severus Thorn's P.O.V

It's been weeks since I've come back. It was nice getting a break. Nothing to infiltrate, no planet to defend, no Jedi to rescue. It's mostly been just sparring with Rose and Anakin. Anakin was holding back that one time we fought. He is a better duelist than Master Windu gives him credit for. Kenobi has been on a relentless hunt for the Shadow. He hasn't spoken a word to me since we rescued the Chancellor. And he hasn't been back for a while. 

"Hey! Focus!" A voice snapped me out of my thinking.

A green double-bladed saber was spinning in my direction. I quickly ducked down, and the saber sailed above me, and then was pulled back into the hands of Rose. She spun her saber. 

"C'mon now. Pay attention. I want a real challenge." She said, getting into her Jar'Kai stance. She glanced to the side, watching her master, Ki-Adi-Mundi, spar with Master Windu. It was a duo match. Master Mundi deflected and defended with the same speed of Master Windu's aggressive and relentless attacks. Watching them work was like watching a blur of purple and blue. She focused back to me, and planted her feet.

I rushed towards her. She swung her saber for me to run into, but I quickly slid to the ground, using my momentum to slide past her, and sweep her legs. She fell to the ground with a grunt and dropped her saber, the green blades shutting off. I pointed my purple blade at her chest.

"Guess I win." I said, grinning. 

She scoffed. "Did you think it was gonna be that easy, Thorn." She thrusted her hand out at me, and I was sent flying back. She got back up, and pulled her lightsaber hilt to her hands. My saber was knocked out of my hand. I reached out in the Force to pull it back to my hand, but Rose was already closing the distance between us, instead of pulling the saber to my hand, I drop my focus on it and grab her arm, spinning her out of control. She stumbled, but easily regains her footing and slashes at me. I quickly step back and give her a swift kick to the leg. Her stance faltered and I pushed her back with the Force. I used this area of time to pull my saber to my hands, and I ignited. 

Our sabers clashed, white sparks ejecting from the blades. I step back, breaking the clash and then attempt to slash her back. She rolls forward, and she throws her saber at me while I throw my own at her. The blades hit each other and spin away. We were about to square off in hand-to-hand before the bell rung. I dropped my stance and picked up my saber. 

"Another draw." Master Windu said, sweating profusely, like the rest of us. 

"You sure you don't want to go another ten rounds?" Rose asked me. 

I chuckled. "Oh, I'm sure. You getting any new missions lately?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm going on a mission to Onderon to "help" some of the rebels there. Im going with Master Skywalker, Kenobi, and Ahsoka. Then I'm leading the younglings to Ilum with Ahsoka. How about you?" 

"Actually, my mission might be more interesting than yours." I chuckled. "I have no idea, but I'm gonna pull off a big mission with a a clone commando group. They're called Delta Squad. Never lost a mission. But that's in a few weeks." (Republic Commando fans unite) 

She nodded. "Sounds fun. I'll catch you later." 

I walked back to my quarters. My whole body was sore. After a quick shower, and changing my robes, I could most likely practice Force Judgement for a bit. I was getting more and more powerful with it. That was partially Revan. Instead of him taking control over my body more and more, it feels like it's more of an exchange of the Force. It's difficult to describe. On my way back, I passed Kenobi. He glanced at me, and then continued walking.

"Master Kenobi, hold on!" I called out.

He stopped and turned around. "Padawan."

"Any success with the bounty hunter." I asked. 

He shook his head and grimaced. "No..him and I...have a history. A history that died in the past. Speaking of which, the council summoned me for something that has 'awoken from the past'. One can only wonder."

I raised an eyebrow. "How ominous." I said sarcastically. He chuckled. "Alright, I gotta get going. I'll see you later, Master." He nodded to me and I arrived to my quarters. My desk was cluttered with lightsaber parts, on the top, remained Dooku's old saber. I opened the door to the small connecting bathroom to my quarters. I had a wardrobe on the other side of the wall. Several sets of identical robes were inside. Right next to it, in a glass case, was my Death Watch armor. I heavily considered re-designing it to use in battle. I could paint it black with purple in it. Represent the 187th. Master Windu scolded me and reminded me that Jedi weren't warriors, and didn't need armor. I still kept it as a trophy. I always kept trophies of my difficult missions. Dooku's saber, the Death Watch armor, small rare pieces of rock from Ryloth, and a jar of Umbaran dust. 

I stepped into the shower and felt the cold water run down my chest. I took a deep breath as my heart rate slowed down from all the exercise. I cleaned myself and then got out of the shower and dried myself off. I looked in the mirror. Instead of myself, I always saw Revan in my reflection. Nonstop. I had gotten used to it. Sort of. I walked past the mirror and put on my robes and all my gear. I force pulled my obsidian colored hilt to my hand and fastened it to my belt. I exited.

I felt a tug in the Force, feeling my Master's force signature from the other side. I walked towards the signature, it slowly getting stronger until I located Master Windu. His face was grim, and his fists were clenched. He was in the meditation room, closing his eyes shut but clearly it wasn't working. He shifted, sensing I entered the room. 

"Padawan." He said.

I gave him a respectful nod. "Master." 

He opened his eyes. "It's already dark times, and it's about to get darker. An old Sith has arrived. From long ago. Not to mention that one beast running amok in the galaxy that Dooku created." He said.

I swallowed. Was he talking about Revan? Did he know? Did Revan somehow return?

"His name is Maul. He killed Obi Wan's master, Qui Gon. He was a good man, and a good Jedi. We sent Kenobi to fight him." Windu said. 

"Well, why are we here? Master, you and I are the best chance at stopping him with Vaapad." I said.

Windu shook his head. "This is Kenobi's fight." 

I sighed. "I've beaten Dooku. I can beat a former Sith apprentice. Please, we can go and help." 

Another firm head shake. 

I stormed out the room, my anger growing. I found Kenobi hurriedly walking through the halls, heading to the hangar. I thought for a moment. This was a highly trained Sith Lord. They thrive on anger and hatred. And this Sith would most likely be harboring hatred for Obi-Wan. I slowly followed after him, and he stopped to talk with the clone who was prepping his shuttle. While they talked, I quickly went inside the shuttle and squeezed my body into a small area tight enough to hide from Master Kenobi. I heard him board the shuttle and take off. 

I peeped from my hiding spot and saw him lean back and close his eyes. 

"Master Qui-Gon, tell me what to do. Please." He said, eyes still closed. "All of our enemies our returning. Maul, and.....him." Obi-Wan said his name with a tightness in his voice. He took a deep breath and then remained meditating. 

After the ship landed, Obi-Wan exited quickly, looking around. He walked past the ship and walked out of my line of sight. I got out of my hiding spot and then straightened my robes, and safely tucked and hid my lightsaber in them, and then  fixed my gauntlets. I took a deep breath and prepared myself. I got out of the ramp and watched Obi-Wan walk through a burning town. There was a malfunctioning astromech droid repeatedly slamming itself into a wall. I got into one of the roofs and watched him. As I watched him and followed him, we passed by multiple bodies. 

"Jedi." A voice snapped me out of my thinking. A voice that sounded like a knife running through steel. A voice filled with pain. A voice filled with hatred and anger. A voice seeking revenge. "I have been waiting for you."

"I'm not sure I've made your acquaintance." Obi-Wan says. He didn't want to believe it was Maul. The man who killed his Master. I didn't really know Master Qui-Gon Jinn, but I knew he was a rebel of sorts, but extremely powerful in the Force. 

"I'm surprised you could have forgotten me so easily after I killed your master and you left me for  dead Naboo." Maul said, flames surrounding him. Matching the fire inside his eyes. Pure rage burned there, hotter than the flames engulfing the town."You may have forgotten me, but I will never forget you. You cannot imagine the depths I would go to to stay alive, fueled by singular hatred for YOU."

"That may be so, but I defeated you before and I can defeat you again." Obi-Wan ignited his lightsaber, going into his Form 3 stance.

Maul let out a chilling laugh. "Don't be so certain."

I heard footsteps shuffle behind me. I quickly turned, ignited my blade and was met with a punch to the face. I flew back, next to Kenobi. His eyes widened when he saw me. My consciousness began slipping away, and everything faded to black. 

I woke up to my back feeling immense pain when I smashed into a crate. 

The two Zabrak's, were throwing Kenobi and I around like ragdolls. 

"Easy now.." I said. Staggering to get up. 

Maul, slowly towards me, and grabbed my face. "You.....so weak...so...pathetic, come to the rescue to save your weak and pathetic Jedi, only to DIE!" Maul threw my into another crate, causing my ears to start ringing, and ignited his lightsaber. He pointed the crimson blade at my neck. "Pain..can be the best teacher." Maul slowly turned and walked towards Obi-Wan, who was being held by Maul's companion. He walked towards Obi-Wan, grabbing his face and having his lightsaber barely touch the hairs of his beard and said something I couldn't make out, since I couldn't probably hear someone from six feet away from me. 

I saw Asajj Ventress suddenly appear, talking with Maul and from what I could barely make out, Savage. Maul and Savage quickly left us, going on a literal witch hunt for Ventress. I crawled to Kenobi, and my hearing started to come back, the ringing stopping. 

"Hey, how you holding up?" I asked, getting up. 

"Best I can. Thanks for helping out, they would've directed more of the beating up to me." Kenobi said. 

"Still got jokes?" I scoffed. 

"Plenty." He said, chuckling and struggling to his feet. 

Ventress emerged from the shadows.

"Good to see the fight hasn't been knocked out of you both." Ventress said, strutting towards us.

"Since when did you become a compassionate person?" I scoffed.

"Don't flatter yourself, Padawan. I'm only here to collect a bounty."

We heard the doors open.

"The witch and the Jedi's." Savage's booming voice said.

"Here for our taking." Maul's raspy voice said, as he ignited his red lightsaber.

Ventress handed Obi-Wan one of her lightsabers.

"I don't have three, so you're going to have to find a way to not get impaled." She said, smirking.

"So kind of you." I said.

Red lightsabers ignited all over, and chaos erupted. 

Flashes of red and white were everywhere.

Savage flung Ventress into a pile of crates, then turned to me. He swung his double-bladed lightsaber violently, but what he had in strength, he lacked in speed. Vaapad wasn't just a lightsaber form. It was a state of mind. I easily dodged and weaved his savage lightsaber swings, and then, tried locating his shatterpoint. Through all the fault lines, there's always one place in the diamond that cracks. And I found his weakness. He has inner weakness. He was gifted this strength, didn't earn it. I lifted him up with the force, slamming him into the roof of the ship, then slammed him back down. 

Kenobi shouted my name. "Severus!" My lightsaber sailed through the air. I caught it, and without hesitating, igniting the purple blade. Ventress got up, now wielding both her sabers while Kenobi somehow found his, and while Kenobi fought Maul, instead of using his usual defensive stance and being aggressive with Maul, Ventress and I fought Savage. We both easily outranked him in terms of speed, power, and experience. I saw Obi-Wan losing to Maul. 

"Handle him." I said to Ventress.

Before she could respond, I jumped up to Maul's position, yanking him away from Obi-Wan with the force. 

"Foolish Padawan. It seems that you were ill taught. Let me teach you a lesson." Maul spoke, flinging towards me. He fought aggressive, the dark side flowing through him, directed at me, which I directed back. Maul was unlike Dooku. Where Dooku had expert blade work and pinpointed attacks, Maul had extreme agility and speed, swinging. It was clear, from the holograms from Naboo, he was much more proficient with the double bladed saber, but luckily for me, he only had one blade. He grabbed my throat, and threw me to the ground. I landed next to Ventress. I got up, only to be slammed into by Kenobi, who was also thrown. 

"Thanks." I grumbled, getting up again. 

Obi-Wan grunted in return and the ideas in his mind started to race. "Cockpit?" 

Ventress nodded. 

They leapt into action, Obi Wan ran for the cockpit. He got in and started pushing buttons. "Get in!" He yelled. Ventress backflipped, pushing Savage away and getting in the cockpit while I held them at bay, slowly backing into the cockpit. I finally got in, and as Maul and Savage charged towards me, I flung out my hands, the white lightning shooting out from my fingertips and hitting them. They were both flung back harshly as the door shut and the cockpit ejected from the cargo box.

"That was close." Ventress said.

Obi-Wan turned to look at me, shock on his face. "Severus..no."

I shook my head. "Please, Master Obi-Wan, another time." 

I sat down in one of the chairs, next to Obi-Wan, and closed my eyes, knowing there's going to be severe punishment for me back on Coruscant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 8.9K 85
"War is all he's known, but with his return, a master of darkness shall rise once again". A Young and powerful, dark lord of the old sith empire, a b...
42.4K 2.8K 31
A Chosen One shall come, born of no father, and through him will ultimate balance in the Force be restored. Throughout the galaxy, many had heard the...
31.9K 1.1K 102
This is a Star Wars fanfic where instead of Yoda assigning Ahsoka as Anakin's Padawan, he breaks the Jedi code and gives him an additional one. This...
14.9K 620 104
After Obi-Wan's supposed death, Anakin is devastated. He receives a surprise offer which will hopefully allow him to end the Clone Wars and save the...