AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER

By The4Elements2007

BOOK 1- [WATER] I do not own any of the ATLA characters they all belong to the creator behind the incredible... More

Chapter 1
Chapter II
Chapter III

Chapter IV

7 1 0
By The4Elements2007

"The Warriors of Kyoshi" 

Now, Zuko's ship sails under a starry sky, in his quarters, Zuko sits before four candles with his eyes closed. The flames increase and decrease in time with his breathing. His uncle then enters. "The only reason you should be interrupting me, is if you have news on the Avatar." Zuko spoke in a low voice. "Well, there is new, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset." Iroh tries to approach Zuko with a quiet manner. "Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now, whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it." Zuko let's Iroh continue. "Ok then, we have no idea where he is. The candle flames rise "What? Zuko Scowls. "You should really open a window in here." Iroh recommends waving a fan in front of his face. "Give me the map! Zuko snatches the map out of his uncle's hand. 

"There has been multiple of sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down. His uncle explains. "How am I going to find him, uncle? He's clearly as master of evasive manoeuvring.

Meanwhile, aboard Appa, Sokka reads a map. "You have no idea where you're going to you?" Sokka places the map on his lap. "Well, I know it's near water." Aang responds. "I guess we're getting close then. Sokka spoke with Sarcasm. They fly over a vast ocean with no land in sight. "Momo, Marbles, please." Momo climes into Aang's shirt and puts something in his palm. "Hey Katara, check this airbending trick." Aang speaks trying to get Katara's attention. Aang makes a marble spin in mid-air between his hands. "That's great Aang, Katara keeps sewing Sokka's pants. "You didn't even look" Aang unamused of Katara's lack of attention. Katara glances over to Aang, "That's great Aang." Katara stops sewing. "But, I'm not doing it now." Aang sighs. 

"Stop bugging her Airhead. You need to give girls space when they do their sewing." Sokka throws a nickname towards Aang. Katara rolls her eyes before turning to Sokka, "What does me being a girl have to do with sewing?" Katara narrows her eyes at him. "Simple. Girls are better at fixing pants than guys, and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that." Sokka gestures with his hand. "It's just a natural order of things." Sokka lays back against Appa's Saddles. Katara glares at Sokka, "All done with your pants, and look what a great job I did. Katara throws the torn pair of pants at Sokka. "Wait! I was just kidding! I can't wear these! Katara, please!" Sokka pled. "Relax Sokka. Where we're going you won't need any pants." Aang pulls the reins to his left. Now, they stand on the shore of a small mountain on a small island. 

"We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we fly and get a little flying done before we camp out?" Sokka urges. "He's right, at this rate, we won't get to the North Pole until spring." Katara adds on agreeing with Sokka. "But Appa's tired already, aren't you boy." Aang looks to Appa who lets out a grunt. "I said, aren't you boy? Aang lightly nudges Appa. Appa release a yawn. Aang turns to Sokka and Katara with a grin, pointing at the bison. "Yeah, that was really convincing. Still, hard to argue with a 10 ton magical monster." Sokka scoffs. Aang's eye's lit up and gasps "Look!" Aang points to a massive koi fish leaps out of the water in the distance. Sokka gapes. 

"That's why we're here--Elephant Koi, and I'm going to ride it. Katara, you've got to watch me." Aang strips off down to his underwear and leaps into the water. "Cold!" he yells. Sokka and Katara cast each other a side-long glance. Aang dives under water and emerges on the back of one of the Elephant Koi. Katara beams whilst Sokka scowls. Aang clings to the Koi's dorsal fin and waves to them. "Woo! Katara cheers Aang on. "Yeah!" Aang yells. Two more Koi fish leap through the water behind him. Aang's koi leaps, then dives under water. "He looks pretty good out there, Katara mentioned to Sokka. "Are you kidding? The fish is doing all the work." Sokka gestured his hands before crossing and scowling once again. "No Appa! Don't eat that!" Aang beams and then his smiles fades as he spots Katara moving away. "Aw, man!" Aang smile drops. 

A large shadow moves under water behind a Koi fish. "There's something in the water!" Sokka yells. One of the Koi fish is pulled under the water by it's tail and Katara returns. "What's wrong?" Katara asked with a worried expression on her face. "Aang's in trouble. Aang! Sokka shouts once more. "Get out of there!" Katara tries to get Aang's attention. "Get back here Aang!" Sokka continues to yell. Aang then flies off of the Koi's back as it's pulled under water. A large webbed fin rises out of the water, and turns around and screams and sprints across the waters surface and the creature stars to chase him. He ends up colliding into Sokka as he reaches the shore, sending him flying into a tree. 

The creature then turns away and it's fin sinks back below the water. "What was that thing? Katara questioned. "I don't know." Aang responds. "Well, lets not stick around to find out. Time to hit the road." Sokka rubs his hands and stars to walk away. Green clad warriors leap down from the trees and captures them. They throw them onto the sand with ropes tied around them. "Or, we could stay a while." Sokka huffs. Now, Aang and the siblings stand tired to a column, each of them wore a blind-fold. "You three have some explaining to do." A man signifies to the three. "And if you don't answer all our questions, we're throwing you back into the water with the Unagi. A girl threats. "Show yourself, cowards!" Sokka yells. Their blind-folds are removed. Five green clad young women stand before them. "Who are you? Where are the men who ambushed us? Sokka looks around. "There are no men. We ambushed you. Now tell us, who are you and what are you doing here?" the young woman points her finger a Sokka. 

"Wait a second. There's no way a bunch of girls took us down." Smirked. "A bunch of girls, huh?" the young warrior grabs Sokka by the collar. The Unagi 's going to eat well tonight. The girl still keeps Sokka in her grip. "No, don't hurt him! He didn't mean it! My brothers just an idiot sometimes." Katara defends Sokka. The young woman releases Sokka and stands straight. "It's my fault. I'm sorry we came here. I wanted to ride the Elephant Koi. Aang spoke. "How do we know you're not Fire Nation spies? Kyoshi stayed out of the war so far. And we intend to keep it that way." The man points his finger at the three. "This island is names for Kyoshi? I know Kyoshi. Aang smiles. "HA! How could you possibly know her? Avatar Kyoshi was born 400  years ago. She's been dead for centuries. The man clarifies.   

Aang looks to the floor for a second. "I know her because I'm the Avatar." Aang presents himself. "That's impossible! The last Avatar was  an Airbender who disappeared a hundred years ago. The woman clenched her fist. "That's me." Aang smiled. "Throw the imposters to the Unagi! The man commands. The young woman each open a pair of fans in advance. "Aang, do some airbending." Katara whispered. Aang breaks free from the ropes and floats through the air. A bunch of wows and whispered were heard amongst the woman and the incoming village. "It's true. You are the Avatar. The man spoke in disbelief. Aang reaches into his shirt and pulls out a marble. "Now, check this out." Aang performs the marble trick and the village beams. A hysterical villager collapses to the floor. A young girl approaches a man on the docks. "Did you hear the news, the Avatar's on Kyoshi. "Huh?" The man drops the bucket of fish in in shock, he moves onto the next village and tells a servant the story. The servant prepares food and Zuko and Iroh. "The Avatar's on Kyoshi Island. Uncle, ready the Rhinos. I won't let him escape this time." "Are you going to eat that?" Iroh points to the fish on the table. "I was going to save that till later!" Zuko snatches food off the table and trudges away. Iroh crosses his arms and scowls. 

Now, villagers repaint the face of Avatar Kyoshi' s statues. Other villages brush Appa and polish his horns. Inside, Aang, Katara and Momo were sitting in front of a table with a large amount of food. "Alright! Dessert for breakfast! Aang first bumps the air. Aang start to stuff his face with the delicious sweet treats. "These people sure know how to treat an Avatar. Mm, Katara you've got to try these. Aang passes her some sweet bread. "Well, maybe just a bite." Katara takes the bread from Aang's hand and takes a bite. Sokka, what's your problem? Eat. Aang asked whilst Sokka sulks in the corner "Not hungry." Sokka continues to sulk. "But you're always hungry." Aang points out. "He's just upset because a bunch of girls kicked his butt yesterday." Katara smirked. 

Sokka shows a face of despair, "They snuck up on me!" Sokka argued. "Right, and then they kicked your butt." Katara looks over to Sokka with an amused look on her face. "Sneak attacks don't count.  Tie me up with ropes...I'll show them a thing or two." Sokka storms around the room. "I'm no scared of any girls. who do they think they are, anyway?" Sokka takes some food then storms away. "Mm, this is tasty. Sokka speaks on the wat out. "What's he so angry about? It's great here. The giving us the royal treatment Aang smiled. "Hey, don't get too comfortable. It's risky for us to stay in one place for very long." Katara gestures with her hands to calm Aang down from getting too excited. "I'm sure we'll be fine. Besides, did you see how happy I was making this town? They're even cleaning that statue in my honor." Aang jumps up to look out of the window. "Well, it's nice to see you excited about being the Avatar. I just hope it doesn't all go to you head. Katara lectures Aang. 

"Come on, you know me better than that. I'm just a simple monk." Aang grins and stands up to look out the window. A group of young girls awaits outside and Aang blushes. Katara scowls and sticks out her tongue. The girl chase Aang across a curved bridge, then they chase him back in the other direction. Aang returns to the bridge a third time, the girls run to him from both sides. He then leaps and floats above their heads and clutches to a ball of spinning air. Now Aang poses for a painter girl beside him. More girls surround him as the painter works.  The man kept painting and more girls came and joined Aang in the painting. The man paints more a then looks up to see a bunch of girls surrounding Aang with an unamused look on his face. The girls wobbles Aang back and forth and the painter walks away. 

Aang and the girls fall, next, Aang does two handed push ups with Momo on his back. He then switches to one hand push ups, then he puts both hands behind his back does push ups with his breath and the girls start to beam. Katara scowls as she walks past. 

Sokka approaches a dojo. "I can't believe I got beat up by a bunch of girls." Sokka mumbles. Inside the 5 green clad young women perform some synchronize movements. Sokka then smirks. "Sorry, ladies. Didn't mean to interrupt your dance lesson. I was just looking for somewhere to get a little work out. Sokka flexes in front of the girls. "Well, you're in the right place. Sorry about yesterday. I didn't know you were friends with the Avatar. The woman apologises. "It's alright. I mean, I would normally, I'd hold a grudge, but seeing you guys as a bunch of girls,  I'll make an exception. Sokka sneakered. "I should hope so. A big strong man like you, we wouldn't stand a chance." The woman places her hands on her hips. "True, but don't feel bad. After all I'm the best warrior in my village. Sokka crosses his arms and smiles smugly. 

"Wow. Best warrior, huh? In your whole village? Maybe you'd be kind enough to give us a little demonstration. The woman challenged Sokka.  "Oh, well, I mean, I--Sokka is cut off from the woman. "Come on girls, wouldn't you like him to show us some moves? She turns around to the other girls behind her. The girls start to chuckle. "Well, if that's what you want, I'd be happy to. Sokka unfolds his arms and smirks. "Alright,  you stand over there. Now, this may be a little tough, but try to block me. Sokka goes in for the first strike but the short haired warrior knocks Sokka backwards with minimal effort. "Good. Of course, I was going easy on you. Sokka holds his shoulder. The woman smirks. "Of course." 

"Let's see if you can handle this! Sokka charges and the warrior knocks Sokka to the floor. "Oh, that does it! Sokka stands up and charges at the short haired girl. She grabs Sokka's wrist and spins him in circles and reverses the other direction. She rips the cord from around his waist and ties on of his wrists on to one of his ankles. Sokka hopes across the room and falls over onto his face.  "Anything else you want to teach us? The short haired warrior placed her hand on her hips whilst the other girls chuckle. 

Aang and the young girls stand before Kyoshi' s statue. "There she is girls, me in my past life." Aang looks up to the statue. The girls sighs, "You were pretty. Aang looks the the young girl besides him. "Excuse me for a second ladies." Aang walks away and approaches Katara and taps her shoulder. "Oh good, Can you help me carry this back to the room? It's a little heavy. Katara asked politely. "Actually, I can't right now." Aang holds his hands up to Katara. "What do you mean you can't? Katara places her hands on her hips. "I promised the girls I'd give them a ride on Appa. Why don't you come with us, it'll be fun. Aang express his hands. "Watching you show off for a bunch of girls does not sound like fun. Katara's smile fades and she continues to fill basket. "Well, neither does carrying a basket. Aang points to the basket. "It's not my basket. These supplies are for our trip. I told you we have to leave Kyoshi soon." Katara snaps. "I don't want to leave Kyoshi yet. I can't put a finger on it, there's something I really like about this place." Aang stares into the distance. The girls start to giggles in the background. 

"What's taking you so long Aangie? A girl stops her foot on the ground impatiently. Katara raises her eyebrow, "Aangie?" "Just a second, Koko. He waves over. "Simple monk, huh? I thought you promised me this Avatar stuff wouldn't go to your head." Katara exaggerates her arm. "It didn't. You know what I think? You just don't want to come because your jealous. Aang smirks. "Jealous? Of what? Katara nudges Aang to grab the basket. "Jealous that we're having so much fun without you." Aang keep pressing Katara's buttons. "That's ridiculous." Katara answered back. "It is a little ridiculous, but I understand. Aang places his hands behind his back. 

Katara scowls at Aang and picks up the basket before marching away. The girls run over and pull Aang with them laughing along with them. 

Sokka stands outside the dojo and kicks a stone. He enters and approaches the warriors. "Uh, hey, Suki. Sokka stutters on his words. "Hoping for another dance lesson? Suki places her hands on her waist. No, I--Well, let me explain. Sokka rubs the back of his neck. "Spit it out. What do you want?" Suki pushed. Sokka kneels to the floor, I would be honored if you you teach me. Sokka bows. "Even if I'm a girl?" Suki crossed her arms. "I'm sorry if I insulted you earlier. I was wrong. Sokka closed his eyes. "We normally don't teach outsiders, let alone boys." Suki spoke. "Please make an exception. I won't let you down." Sokka pleaded as he bowed. "Alright, but you have to follow all of our traditions." Suki gave a small smile. "Or course." Sokka responds quickly. 

"And I mean all of them." she smirks. Now, he wears a warriors outfit. "Do I really have to wear this? It feels a little girly." Sokka slouches his shoulders. "It's a warriors uniform. You should be proud. The silk thread symbolizes a brave blood that runs through  our veins. The golden insignia represents the honor of the warriors heart. Suki speak proudly. "Bravery and honor." Sokka spoke with his hands on his hips. "Hey Sokka. Nice dress. Sokka shoulders slump and Suki smirks. 

In another building, Aang approaches Katara, who bends water in the bowl. "Katara, remember how the Unagi almost got me yesterday?" Aang grins with his hands behind his back. "Yeah" Katara rolls her eyes. "Well, I'm going to ride it now. It's going to be really dangerous." Aang continues to smirk. "Good for you." Katara rolls her eyes again. "You're not going to stop me?" Aang's smile fades. "Nope. Have fun." Katara spoke bluntly. "I will." Aang places his hands on his hips. "Great" Katara responds with a scowl. "I know it's great. Aang crosses his arms. "Well, I'm glad you know." Katara keeps the scowl on her face. "I'm glad  your glad." Aang argued back. "Good!" Katara snaps. "Fine!" Katara stops bending the water and the water drops back into the water. Aang glances back at Katara with a frown as he exits. 

In the dojo, Suki watches Sokka practice with a fan. "You're not going to master it in one day. Even I'm not good at that." Suki explained. "I think I'm starting to get it." Sokka takes a few steps and makes sweeping movements with the fan. Sokka closes the fan and throws it at a tree outside the door and snow drops from it's branches. "It's not about strength. Our techniques is about using you're opponent's force against them. Loosen up. Think of the fan as an extension of your arm. Wait for an opening and then--Sokka grabs Suki's wrists and pushes her to the floor. Her eyes widen. Sokka crosses his arms and hums. "I fell on purpose  to make you feel better." Suki flushes in embarrassment. "I got you! Admit it I got you!" Sokka points at Suki. Suki bends his wrist away, "Ok, it was a lucky shot. Let's see if you can do it again." Suki smirks. They both stand in the fighting stances and circle around each other. 

On the beach the girls lounge as Aang floats in the water. "What's taking so long?" Koko asked impatiently. "I'm sure it will be here any second." Aang reassured the girls. "Um, what about this?" Aang repeats the marble trick. "Not that again, boring. another girl spoke. "Where's the Unagi? Koko asked throwing her hands up in the air dramatically. "It's getting late." She whined. "Where are you going? Don't leave! Aang begged the girls to come back. "Sorry Aang! Maybe next time." Koko shouts to him. Koko and the others depart and Aang begins to frown, and then Katara approaches. "Katara, you showed up!" Aang's eye light up. "I wanted to make sure you were safe. You really had me worries." Katara placed her hand in her other in front of her. 

"Back there, you acted like you didn't care. Aang lifts his eyebrow. "I'm sorry. Katara spoke lowly. "Me, too. I did let all that attention get to my head. I was being a jerk." Aang adverts his eye and finds the water more interesting, "Well, get out of the water before you catch a cold, you big jerk!" Katara shouts. Aang beams and swims back to the shore and the Unagis fin rises above the water behind him. Katara gasps. The water churns the water around him, and the Unagi rises from the water with Aang on it's back. It resembles a giant black eel, with bright green eyes and pointed teeth. The Unagi shoots a blast of from it's mouth. Aang clings to its fins as the water sprays over him. The Unagi then snaps at Aang, he swings from one of his whiskers. The Unagis eye follows his movements. saliva drips from it's teeth and wiggles his tongue. The Unagi swings it's head back and forth, it whips his head to one side. Aang loses his grip and flies in the air and falls landing in the shallows near Katara. Aang floats face up with his tongue hanging out. 

Katara rushes into the water, fully clothed and runs towards Aang. The Unagi charges towards them. It rears it's head and Katara waterbends her and Aang to shoot backwards through the water as the Unagi dives towards them. The land on the sand between two rocks on the shore. The Unagi shoots waters from it's mouth then departs. Katara peak from behind a rock and see's Zuko's ship. "Zuko" she mouthed. Zuko's ship sails to the bay and the ramp descends onto the beach. Zuko and two other soldiers ride three horned rhinos down the ramp. 

"I want the Avatar alive. Zuko commands to the two soldiers. Katara watches them from behind a balder, she and Aang hide as the three riders pass. Aang lies with his eyes closed. Katara lays his body flat out against the rock. "Wake up Aang." she whispered. She moved her hand up towards her face and water emerges from his mouth. He looks up to see Katara sat above him. "Katara, don't ride the Unagi. Not fun. Aang's voice croaks. 

In the dojo, Suki swings a fan at Sokka. He blocks the fan with his fist. "Not bad." Suki complimented Sokka's defence. Sokka smiles. "Firebenders have landed on our shores! Girls come quickly! The man with the grey beard shouts "Hey, I'm no a --Oh, whatever. Sokka groans and runs after Suki. Zuko and a group of rhino rides wait beneath Kyoshi' s statue. Villages peer from out their doors. "Come out Avatar. You can't hide from me forever." Zuko shouts through out the village. "Find him" Zuko commands his soldiers to charge with the rhinos into the small town. A Kyoshi warrior opens up her fan and another sprints between buildings. The Kyoshi warriors leap from the roof knocking the soldiers off their rhinos. One warrior pulls a spear from a soldiers hand and knocks him from his saddle. Suki charges directly at Zuko, dodging his fire blasts leaps. Zuko's rhino swings it's tail knocking Suki to the ground. 

Zuko shoots fire at her, Sokka steps in front of her and blocks the fire with a fan. Another Kyoshi warrior knocks Zuko off his saddle. "I guess training is over?" Sokka looks over to Suki. Sokka, Suki and the other warriors surround Zuko. Zuko spins on his hands, shooting fire at all three of them all at once. The two girls fly backward and Zuko knocks Sokka to the ground and jumps into the street. "Nice try, Avatar, but these little girls can't save you." Zuko raised his voice. "Hey! Over here! Aang shouts. Zuko turns around to face Aang . "Finally." Aang stands before the statue of Kyoshi. Zuko shoots fire blasts, Aang dodges them and slices through the other with his staff. He leaps towards Zuko and knocks the staff from his hands. Aang jumps away, grabbing tow Kyoshi warrior fans from the ground. Zuko charges at him. Aang swings the fans and Zuko flies backwards through the wall of a building. 

Aang grabs his staff and tosses it into the air, the wings expands. He flies over the town with a dismay expression as he looks at the carnage below. Flames rise from houses in the village and the Kyoshi statue burns. Katara stands on a porch and helps two children to get cover. Aang lands beside her. "Look what I brought to this place." Aang said with his voice full of sorrow. "It's not your fault." Katara reassures Aang. "Yes, it is. There people got their town destroyed trying to protect me. 

"Then lets get out of here. Zuko will leave Kyoshi and follow us. I know it feels wrong to run, but I think it's the only way. Katara tries to reason with Aang. Aang bows his head and frowns. "I'll call Appa. A Kyoshi warrior throws her at a Fire Nation Soldiers head. Suki and Sokka kneel behind one of the houses. "There's no time to say goodbye." Suki speaks. "What about 'I'm sorry'? Suki looks him in the eye. "For what?" I treated you like a girl when I should have treated you like a warrior. Sokka gives Suki an apologetic look. "I am a warrior...Suki leans forwards and kisses Sokka's cheek. "But I'm a girl too." Sokka gapes and a blush form on his cheeks. "Now, get out of here. We'll hold them off. 

Sokka and Momo join Aang and Katara on Appa. "Appa, Yip yip!. Appa flies away from the village. "Back to the ship. Don't lose sight of them! Zuko ordered. The Soldiers follow Zuko back towards the beach. "I know it's hard, but you did the right thing. Zuko would've destroyed the whole place if I stayed. They're going to be ok Aang. Katara points over to Kyoshi Island. Aang leaps from Appa's back. "What are you going?" Katara called after Aang. He lands in the water below. The Unagi rises from the depths and Aang clings to it's whiskers. He plants his feet on the Unagi's head. The Unagi shoots a large blast of water over the village, the flames fades from the statue and the houses. On the beach Zuko and the Fire Nation Soldiers frown. Aang jumps off of the Unagi and Appa catches him and fly away. 

From a window in the distance the man with the grey beard smiled up. "Thank you, Avatar."

I know, I know, that was stupid and dangerous. Aang grins. "Yes, it was. Katara grins and hugs Aang, with a sigh leaving Aang's mouth. 

TO BE CONTINUED>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.7K 17
(Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 1) *Edited In which a girl who stands out in her Earth Kingdom hometown gets to go on the adventure she didn't kno...
1.8K 196 19
" ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’“๐’–๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’… ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’† " โŽฏโŽฏ ๐š๐ณ๐š๐ฅ๐ž๐š ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐๐š ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š๐ง ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ก ๐›๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ...
2.4K 114 30
"she changed, but not overnight like in the books you read. over years. slowly and painfully. sometimes brutally. but she did." tenshi has been throu...
59.5K 1.7K 18
In the wake of Azula, the GAang has to recover with two injured members. Nothing is easy with an injured Avatar, scared of his own fate. Aang has his...