Bound By Honour (Lucius Malfo...

By MrsEvans_xx

Sarah Salvatore is a pretty girl. She's loving, strong willed and very clever for her age. She lives a simple... More

A/N
CHAPTER 1 - ENGAGEMENT
CHAPTER 2 - WELCOME HOME
CHAPTER 3 - BETROTHED TO ANOTHER
CHAPTER 4 - LUCIUS MALFOY
CHAPTER 5 - A DEALS A DEAL
CHAPTER 6 - TO HAVE AND TO HOLD
CHAPTER 7 - EMPTY THREATS
CHAPTER 8 - THE TRUTH
CHAPTER 9 - FIRST TIME
CHAPTER 10 - DINNER PARTY
CHAPTER 11 - LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE
CHAPTER 12 - MEETING
CHAPTER 13 - BINX
CHAPTER 14 - TRUCE
CHAPTER 15 - DESSERT
CHAPTER 16 - OLD FRIENDS
CHAPTER 17 - MEMORIES
CHAPTER 18 - A RISKY FAVOUR
CHAPTER 19 - DIRTY SECRETS
CHAPTER 20 - DISGUST
CHAPTER 21 - THE PARTY
CHAPTER 22 - DIREST CRUELTY
CHAPTER 23 - CONSEQUENCES
CHAPTER 24 - HEARTBREAK
CHAPTER 25 - FUNERAL
CHAPTER 26 - WHEN WE FIRST MET
CHAPTER 27 - FENRIR GREYBACK
CHAPTER 29 - GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT
CHAPTER 30 - AZKABAN
CHAPTER 31 - TRIAL
CHAPTER 32 - BABY ON THE WAY
CHAPTER 33 - OUR LITTLE MIRACLE
CHAPTER 34 - A HAUNTED MIND
CHAPTER 35 - TRUTH HURTS
CHAPTER 36 - MOTHER
CHAPTER 37 - COMPLICATIONS
CHAPTER 38 - OLD FLAME
CHAPTER 39 - PROTECTIVE
CHAPTER 40 - UNTOLD TRUTHS
.
CHAPTER 41 - RELIANCE
CHAPTER 42 - AVENGED
CHAPTER 43 - TENDER LOVE
CHAPTER 44 - ENEMIES TO LOVERS
CHAPTER 45 - TRAITOR
CHAPTER 46 - ANGUISH
CHAPTER 47 - DIVORCE
CHAPTER 48 - SEPARATION
CHAPTER 49 - BROKEN
CHAPTER 50 - MAKING AMENDS
CHAPTER 51 - THE UNEXPECTED
CHAPTER 52 - A LOVERS CONFESSION
CHAPTER 53 - GHOST OF OUR LOVE
CHAPTER 54 - LAST GOODBYES

CHAPTER 28 - NIGHTMARE

1.5K 61 28
By MrsEvans_xx

I awaken to the sound of a door slamming shut, sitting up instantly and looking around in caution. I realise I'm sat in the manor's living room, and I must have fallen asleep on the sofa.

I remember coming down and out of my room after Milly had begged me to. She had ran a bath, helping me bathe as she washed my hair and rinsed it before drying it. Then, she fixed up a small plate of food, placing it in front of me. I didn't want to eat, but after everything Milly had done for me, it was the least I could do. I must have fallen asleep shortly afterwards.

I rub my eyes tiredly, combing my hair out of my face with my hands before settling back down on the sofa. I close my eyes, feeling myself drift off again when I hear the sound of footsteps. I open my eyes lightly to see Lucius enter the room.

He pauses, turning slightly to look at me and I frown tiredly, holding the blanket closer to me. He looks shocked for a second, probably because he hasn't seen me in days. However, he says nothing, turning back round when I realise...

His shirt is covered in blood, dripping from the cuffs, leaving a trail behind on the floor. I immediately lift up, my heart in my mouth as I rush over to him and grab his shoulders, turning him around and checking for any flesh wounds.

"Are you hurt?" I ask worriedly, looking up at him and he stares back for a moment before turning away. "No," he says and I go to protest. "But-"

"It's not my blood."

I stare at Lucius in shock, and it dawns upon me what my husband actually did do for his job. "Oh," I whisper, pulling my hands back from his chest as I step away. He looks at me blankly and I watch him, my arms folded.

Then he looks down at the blood on the floor, trying to take off his shirt but he can't. "Oh, come here," I say gently, undoing the buttons on his shirt as he watches me closely. I notice, holding eye contact with him for a moment before going behind him and lifting the fabric, so that he can take out his arms from the sleeves.

He stands before me, stretching his muscles with a small groan and I look away, going to the sink with his shirt in hand. He soon follows, standing in front of me as I run the water, taking out some cleaning products.

I dunk the shirt in the hot water, letting it soak before bringing it back up and pouring some magical powder onto it. I scrub the fabric, the blood diluting the liquid to a deep red.

I feel his eyes on me the whole time, finally looking up at him in clear frustration as he says softly, "You know your father loved you, don't you?"

I stare at him, my lips parting in shock at his words.

But nevertheless, I smile gently.

"I know," I say, wringing out his shirt and hanging it to dry. "Get some sleep," I turn away, about to leave when he calls my name.

"Sarah."

I turn, watching as he takes a step closer.

"I'm glad you finally came out of your room," he says slowly, as if finding the words. "Draco was starting to feel lonely," he masks his true feelings behind the mention of his son, denying himself the truth.

But I don't notice.

I just smile in response, leaving him alone in the kitchen as I go to my room, getting in bed and closing my eyes.

I try to sleep, but my thoughts don't let me.

Why did he mention my father..?

I sigh, turning to one side under the duvet. I couldn't help but feel he knew something about my fathers death that I didn't.

But I have to let it go. For the sake of my father.

I had to let him rest in peace.

* * *

Lucius wakes, sitting up in his bed and looking around. He sighs tiredly, about to go back to sleep when he feels a horrible feeling in his gut.

Like something bad is about to happen.

He stands, walking to his door and he realises he is fully dressed, in his usual robes. He frowns in confusion, opening his door and walking down the hallway.

He goes to Draco's room, entering and expecting to see his son fast asleep.

But the room is empty.

He frowns, leaving and going down the stairs, looking through the house for something. Anything.

But the house is empty too.

"Milly!" He shouts, but there is no answer. "Sarah!"

Again, he is met with silence.

He walks slowly to the staircase, ascending each step slowly, when he hears a noise. Muffled voices from upstairs, getting louder.

He sees his wife in the hallway, walking past in silence.

"Sarah," he says under his breath, running up the stairs and going after her.

He stops abruptly in the corridor, looking around for her when he hears another sound.

"Theo..."

He listens to Sarah's voice, his blood starting to boil when he hears his name. Then he freezes, wondering...

Was he in this house?

Lucius sees the light spill from Sarah's room, her door slightly ajar. He listens to her moans, mumbled but still audible.

Slowly, he approaches the room, swinging open the door and he pauses.

His hands clench into fists with fury as he stares at the sight before him.

Sarah sits on her bed, every inch of her skin bare as she pins Theo to the headboard, straddling his naked body. Lucius watches as she caresses his face lovingly, staring into his eyes. "I love you, Theo," she whispers, leaning forward to kiss him and he kisses her back, his hands sliding up her back as he holds her close. "I love you too, Sarah."

Lucius's face contorts into a look of pure anger as he steps forward, going to lunge at the man when he falls through the floor, twisting and turning helplessly and he vanishes through the endless abyss, finally landing harshly upon the ground.

He opens his eyes, the sunlight shining in them as he blinks quickly, rapidly sitting up in shock, looking around at his surroundings.

He frowns, confused as he finds himself in the manor garden, laying in the grass. He stands up, breathing heavily as he walks forward, the manor coming into sight.

He stops a few metres away, watching in silence as Sarah opens the front door, stepping outside into the sunlight, breathing in the fresh air. She smiles, looking down at the baby boy she holds in her arms, lifting him up and laughing in delight, the look of pure happiness on her face.

The baby giggles, reaching out for a wisp of dandelion fluff that glides through the air. He catches it in his tiny hand, giggling as he shows his mother. "Mama!"

Sarah holds her baby's hand, kissing it sweetly as he opens his fist, the dandelion gliding through the air once more.

Lucius watches the scene before him, a small smile playing on his lips as she brings the baby to her chest, holding him tightly.

He steps forward, about to go to her when he sees Theo step out from behind her, a smirk on his face. He places his hand on her shoulder, causing her to turn and she grins in delight, kissing him softly.

"Dada!" The baby shouts, stretching out his arms for his father to pick him up. Theo chuckles, taking the baby from Sarah and cuddling him as she rubs their son's back, laughing contently.

Lucius feels a stab to the heart as he stumbles back, his eyes fixed upon the family before him, their laughter ringing out loudly from all around him.

He takes another step backwards, slipping and he finds himself falling again, but this time it doesn't end...

* * *

Lucius awakes with a gasp, sitting up in his bed as he breathes heavily, beads of sweat sliding down his face.

He turns, looking at the clock on his side table - 5:32 am.

He pulls his hair out of his face, realising it was all a dream.

And yet, the stabbing pain resides in his heart, the longing and heartbreak still as fresh as ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 198 22
Following the war...long after her friends had married and went off to live their own lives...Y/N, a Ravenclaw and close friend of Harry's, returned...
65K 2.2K 76
⚠️UNDER EDITING/REVISION⚠️ (Still available to read) "There's no way that boy could ever feel love..." Hermione spat "I think he could...you guys j...
31K 711 28
*COMPLETE BUT UNDER REVISION* [ALL CHARACTERS BELONG TO JK ROWLING] Y/n never felt right at Ilvermorny, of course, she loved it there but she never f...
1.2M 37.3K 47
Harry Potter, son of Lily and James Potter, half blood wizard. Or not? It's two weeks before Harry's 17th birthday, when he discovers the truth. His...