MY MOON ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎Remus Lupin [...

By vqlluna

❝ SAY MY NAME AND EVERYTHING JUST STOPS, I DON'T WANT YOU LIKE A BESTFRIEND ❞ ─── ★ ─── I... More

MY MOON / at least we were electrified
EXTENDED CAST / now i wake up by your side
PLAYLIST / in my worst lies
𝟎𝟎𝟎 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦
VOLUME ONE
𝟎𝟎𝟏 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵
𝟎𝟎𝟐 ‎ ·‎ 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
𝟎𝟎𝟑 ‎ ·‎ 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴
𝟎𝟎𝟒 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘥
𝟎𝟎𝟓 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘣𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴
𝟎𝟎𝟔 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴
𝟎𝟎𝟕 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝟎𝟎𝟖 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘶𝘦'𝘴
𝟎𝟎𝟗 ‎ ·‎ 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩
𝟎𝟏𝟎 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘶𝘥
𝟎𝟏𝟏 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘮𝘰𝘬𝘦
𝟎𝟏𝟐 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴
𝟎𝟏𝟑 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺
𝟎𝟏𝟓 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘥𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴
𝟎𝟏𝟔 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
ON HOLD

𝟎𝟏𝟒 ‎ ·‎ ‎ 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘨𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘺

290 13 16
By vqlluna

CHAPTER 14 ━━━ BURGUNDY

REMUS WOKE UP VERY EARLY THAT MORNING. The boys wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if it were to be a weekday, the problem was it was a random weekend. So Remus got ready to the annoying groans and complaints of James and Sirius as well as hearing the shuffling of Peter switching from his blanket and pillow to cover his eyes from the bright lights. Of course, Rem knew he didn't need to get ready that early, hell he had hours, but what would you do when you were about to spend practically the whole day with the girl you really liked?

  Eventually, James got tired of trying to exhaust his tiredness and got up, a smirk came to his face as soon as he realized why his friend was up so early staring into his pants drawer looking for the perfect pair of jeans to wear. Except of course to James, every pair of jeans looked the same. Still, the irritability of James himself was not to excuse some small teasing. "So Moony, why that sweater in particular? Especially for today? You seemed awfully frantic in finding it yesterday, didn't you, mate?" he grinned as Remus took in a big breath. 

  He knew he signed up for this freely after what he'd so blatantly said a few weeks ago, but he couldn't help himself any longer, he needed someone to talk to about her. Even if that someone's intelligence sometimes matched up to the equivalence of a fish. It had been an annoying few weeks, every time his friends were to see him and Mila within five feet of each other they'd throw him a remark sooner or later. They justified their regular teasing for the fact they'd never seen Remus interested in anyone before, it was a rare sight and they were "just enjoying it".

  Still, the red and cream sweater clung to his torso, one that had been gifted to him just about a month prior. Remus rolled his eyes, "Which one looks better?" he asked, holding two pairs of jeans. 

  James squinted and pointed randomly to one, "That one," he said. Remus nodded heading into the small restroom to put them on as well as to adjust his hair. 

  Sirius eventually got tired of the lights and got up as well, he noticed James gone from his bed as he blinked his eyes open. He quickly sat up in his bed, shoving the comforters off his bed, patting down and brushing through his hair with his fingers. He looked at James with half-lidded eyes, James continued the smirk on his face, pointing with his eyes towards Remus. Sirius kept looking back at Remus and James trying to figure out what James was suggesting too. Finally, his eyes shot open as he realized Remus was messing with his hair, knowing this was not going to end well. 

  "Oi uh, Moony, wha'ya doin'?" he asked concerned, Remus had accidentally completely matted his hair down. 

  "I'm getting ready," he answered with an obvious tone. 

  "Ready to demolish yourself you mean?" Sirius quipped, throwing his legs off his bed and getting up, going to assist Remus. He quickly got out a small blow dryer from the cabinet. 

  "I'm not using that, Sirius," Remus immediately stated, frowning at himself in the mirror.

  "Well obviously, you'd break it! Now bring your head over here you wanker!"  Remus quickly moved away, almost falling into the shower.  

  "Fine, if you look like a big fool because your hair looks like a matted-down dog, I will gladly say I told you so," Sirius scolded, grabbing a small comb and running it through his own hair.  He finally stopped chuckling before returning back in front of the reflective glass. He huffed now fluffing his hair upwards.

"Ah now look who's finally wearing a tank after a million years," Maisie provoked entering the room. Mila sat in their shared desk chair and Serenity carefully lined her eyes. She tilted Mila's head so she could face Maisie, "The blue is good right? I was almost going to go with green for her, but I wasn't sure," she asked. 

  Maisie nodded smiling, "Yes, blue matches brown eyes better," she assured, dropping off her bag on the table beside them. 

  Mila decided to retrace back to the earlier comment, "The weather is getting hotter, which means I need to start bringing out my summer clothing!"

 Serenity shook her head in front of her, letting go of her face as she finished, tapping the brush against the edge of the table. Mila grabbed the mirror beside her, smiling at her new look she got up. "Well, Ruby and Ida's holding a spot in line for us for the carriages! So if you girls don't hurry I'm going to manually drag your arses downstairs myself." 

  Serenity rolled her eyes and grabbed Mila's purse as well as her own, "Well if you gave us a moment to grab our stuff you wouldn't have to," she scolded, tugging her friends with her back out the door.

  The three stood outside their room, still for a moment before remembering what they were off to do. They quickly ran through the hallways giggling, almost tripping over themselves and each other. They skipped down the stairs before skidding to a stop seeing who was waiting at the foot of them. "Remus!" Mila beamed, her smile growing wider as he grinned back at her, quickly faltering before saying "Oh god, have you been waiting here for a while?" 

  Remus blinked, staring at her for a quick second, "No, I've just gotten here!" he said lying through his teeth, knowing he stood there for a good forty-five minutes with sweaty palms. He wiped his hands against his jeans, following the girls out of the common room, quite nervous by all their presence. Especially when it came to being squeezed into a carriage with the four of them. Squished in between Mila and Ida while having to look into the disapproving stare of Coleman, the smug smirk of Ross, and the fake yet polite smile of Maisie Baker, definitely a situation he did not care to be in, except the fact, but as well as especially the fact, that he was squished beside Mila. Unnervingly keeping awkwardly silent as the women chatted his ear away between themselves, waiting for the moment he could just jump out. He truly never was quite one for social interactions.

  Walking down the road into Hogsmeade Remus had felt even more out of place as he walked to the side. Staring down at his shoes, because if he were to look up beside him he couldn't guarantee not flushing. Mila quietly gave a small laugh, smiling a consoling smile as to what situation she'd gotten Remus into. "Mila, I think you'd be happy to know that last we were here we were able to secure a nice reservation for one of the largest tables at the Three Broomsticks for today!" Maisie said smugly. 

  Mila gave a joking disapproving shake of her head, "Finally being punctual about things I see?" she smirked, skipping a few steps ahead of the group and turning to walk backward as to face them.

  Ida scoffed, being on the other end of the group, "I think you mean I secured the reservation." 

  Mila smiled, "To no surprise," she assured. 

  Serenity rolled her eyes, "Well we've all made an effort." she defended, demonstrating to the few presents Ruby carried under her arm. 

  "Believe me I'm still grateful for all you do Miss Mother Tereasa," Mila said, earning a snicker from the culprit at hand.

  "You mean just like how you're so grateful for the beautiful eyeshadow I've done, but you have so quickly smeared?" she quipped back.

  "I think it looks great smeared, really brings out the rebel in you M'!" Ida complimented.

  "Ah yes, I'm a true Jim Stark!" Mila answered, and Ruby responded back with a "Who?" as the rest of the girls looked confused. 

  Remus cringed at their lack of knowledge, "Oh you're tearing me apart!" he quoted clutching his chest as Mila brightened up laughing and pointing to him as an example.

  "Yes, yes! That one!" she giggled, looking back to the rest of her friends, "Merlin, I've got to teach you all what movies are!" Remus quickly took a few feet ahead, opening the door to their destination, holding it as other people left and his party entered. Mila thanked him as they all passed through.

  A waft of damp rotting furniture, sticky wood, and mounds of foods and drinks flooded their senses. The group swiftly followed Serenity up to the pick-up counter, approaching a young man. "Hi," she slyly greeted, the man immediately getting flushed upon seeing her, "Remember when me and my friend came here to see if you could hold a table for us? You did do that right did you not?" she asked, slightly flirtatious.

  "Y-yeah, of course, it's over there," the man stuttered pointing to the corner, a sign on top of the table.

  "Thank you dear, and maybe next time you could stop staring at my friend's tits you daft pervert," Serenity smiled, letting the hidden anger cut through the last few words. Maisie's eyes widened, her face growing red with anger and embarrassment as she realized the eyes in question were directed at her. Serenity faked gagging as the girls, and Remus, headed to the table. Disgustingly she stated, "Gosh did he have dry lips, if I ever have to be near, let alone kiss a man with dry lips I'd let You-Know-Who get me himself!" Barely squeezing themselves in a discussion began on the insufferable creatures that were men and their uncared-for chapped lips. Soon enough Mila returned with four virgin butter beers, two pumpkin fizzes, and one fishy green ale. "You get what I mean right M'?" The blonde questioned, immediately diving into her ale.

  Ida laughed from across the table "Oh she surely does!" she started, "When her and Simon were done, she always complained about how crude he was, I mean-" 

  Mila abruptly cut her off, "Iddy!" she hoarsed.

  "No, no, you shush and enjoy your butterbeer. Anyways, for a week straight this girl went on about how terrible of a kisser he was. Always something like, 'Oh he acts like a bear ripping into a fish!' or 'His breath is terrible,' and of course, 'His lips hurt!'" she giggled, scrunching her nose to her disapproving friend, who finally gave in. 

  "Vile, you're a vile woman! But yes, I swear that boy gave me a rash!" she exclaimed, spreading the drinks to their ordered person.

  Remus found his tongue swiping across his lips as if they'd soften them even further. "Oh, so you two snogged so much he gave you a rash?" Ruby queried.

  Serenity snipped in, "I doubt they'd even snogged that much, his lips might have been as hard as sandpaper." 

  Ruby raised her eyebrows to the girl beside herself, "And you shall know this information how again?" she teased. 

  Coleman pinched her friend, "We've been over this before! It was his fault!" she defended.

  "Half his fault..." Mila murmured, slightly rolling her eyes. Not wanting anything further to start Maisie ripped out the boxes beside her, setting them in the middle of the table, "Presents!" she blurted, to the great solace of Remus' discomfort, growing far larger than he had hoped.

  Quickly his anxiety swept him over, "Shit," he grumbled. Mila, of course, sitting beside him asked him what was wrong. "Nothing, I just fucking forgot your present on my bed," he explained, Mila giggling at his ability to control his language. 

  "It's fine I can just get it afterward," she assured, Remus, blinking "Right," moving his attention to her three friends, Ruby, Maisie, and Serenity begging her to open their collective present first. Bringing their wrapped box closer to her she pulled out many articles of clothing, including two nice blouses, the latest trendy headband, and a purse that she had been eyeing a few months ago. She smiled at their remembrance.

  Next, she moved onto Ida's slightly larger box, quickly tearing it apart she squealed upon seeing what it was. With the growth of new wizarding bands, it was soon that they'd need to start producing record players. In front of her eyes lay the box with their newest model, not to be confused with some standard boring muggle device. This player didn't need to be plugged in, just started with a simple spell, its special ability to produce just enough sound to fill up one room but not be heard in the next. As well as its ability to magically flip the record to its corresponding side. "You did not!" she beamed. 

  "I did!" her friend said proudly, "Granted they helped me buy it, but also, your brother sent me something to give to you on your birthday, it's right under there," she pointed out, Mila turning the box over, "I thought it'd go very well together with the present I got" she stated cheerfully.

  Taped underneath lay a flat large square wrapped in a bright purple, what used to be her favorite color last when she was 8. Carefully now she lifted the flaps of the paper, gasping as she took out the record within it. She grabbed the small paper pressed up against it with her brother's note.

ᵂᵃˢ ᵃᵇˡᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵐʸ ʰᵃⁿᵈˢ ᵒⁿ ᵃ ˢᵘᵖᵉʳ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵗᵉᵐᵖʳᵃⁿᵃ. ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉᵐᵉᵈ ˢᵒ ⁱⁿᵗᵉʳᵉˢᵗᵉᵈ ᵒⁿ ⁱᵗ ⁱⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ˡᵃˢᵗ ˡᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ. ᴹᵃ ˢᵃʸˢ ˢʰᵉ ʰᵃˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵇⁱʳᵗʰᵈᵃʸ ᵍⁱᶠᵗ ᵃᵗ ʰᵒᵐᵉ, ʸᵒᵘ'ˡˡ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ʷᵃⁱᵗ ᵃ ᶠᵉʷ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰˢ, ᵖᵉʳᵒ ᶠᵉˡⁱᶻ ᶜᵘᵐᵖˡᵉᵃᵒˢ

  She smiled, adding it back in the box with her other presents. "What is it?" Mai asked, Mila showed it off to her party, "It's an early copy of the new Eagles album!" she squealed, "Oh we're going to blast this after this!"

  Ida scoffed in disbelief, "You're kidding!" she said grabbing it from her. The other three girls looked to each other, once again confused. 

  "I'm sorry for asking this again, but who?" Ruby asked. Remus smiled to himself and shook his head, at least this cemented the fact that being pureblood did come with some cons.

  Mila giggled once more to her friend shaking her own head is sarcastic disapproval. She could not believe that after almost six years of knowing them all she still couldn't manage to teach them all about the other half of her world.

    After many hours of being out Mila collapsed on the common room couch, she shook off all the shopping bags off her wrists letting them fall to the floor as she let out a large sigh. "Thank you all for today, really, but did we have to make another round back to the perfume shop? And two more trips to the Three Broom Sticks? Because now you all owe me a new pair of shoes." Upon her own statement, she was now aware of how badly she wanted to take off her shoes, her feet sore and in pain from walking so much. She lifted her head slightly, upon seeing Remus standing off the side awkwardly, once again, she pointed to him "I believe you still owe me my birthday gift!"

  Remus scoffed, "I do, hm?" he said taking his hands out of the pockets of his jeans, "I can go bring it down right now," he proffered. She nodded in approval as he quickly left. 

  "You lot can go up, I need a minute to feel my legs again," Mila begged. Taking no chance in denying curling back up in her bed Ida speeded away, and with her went Maisie. Behind them Serenity and Ruby exchanged glances and smirked, knowing that Mila and Remus would be alone together for a quick moment excited themselves for their friend. Finally, almost alone in the common room, except for a few more students studying in the back, Mila sat up slouching as she waited.

  Hurriedly Remus came back downstairs with a red gift bag in his hands. He noticed the absence of her friends but quickly dismissed it. He sighed placing it on the coffee table in front of her, "Here, Happy birthday! Sorry I forgot a card," he apologized. Mila quickly picked herself up leaning in as she grabbed her gift.  She carefully pulled out the pieces of white tissue paper as she picked up a large candle. Taking the top off she went in to sniff it, almost immediately did her eyes widened, she looked at the label of the candle; Cinnamon Pumpkin Apple it announced.

  "Merlin this smells heavenly!" she exclaimed, nodding at how the holder matched it with its deep red, almost orange color. Remus smiled, he wasn't sure she'd like it as he mostly noticed her taking for vanilla or rose scents. She set it down back on the table as she was eager to see what else he'd given. She smiled as she felt the cloth binding of a book, imprinted onto the side of it in gold lettering she read it aloud, "The Picture of Dorian Gray? How'd you know I wanted to start reading Oscar Wilde?" she asked looking up to him as he loomed over her.

  He laughed back, "I didn't," he simply answered, he then gestured back to the book, "Open the to the cover, then flip through it." Mila did as told, and opening it up on the inside her name was also carved in gold in the corner, then flipping through it she noticed loads of notes written in the margins. 

  She scoffed in disbelief, "You've got it custom bound and you've annotated it? When in the world did you have time for this?" 

  He gave a low shrug, "Made a sneak trip to Hogsmeade a few days ago. Now keep going there's still one more thing," he snickered, picking up the garbage of tissue paper. With seeing the last item Mila gasped. It was an illustration done in red ink of her and her friends, specifically a reference from a picture from last year's yearbook. Baffled by the lack of any sketching she looked at him in awe, "You've really outdone yourself, Remus."

  Remus didn't deny it, he had outdone himself. He now regretted it, he didn't want it blatantly known how much thought he'd put into it. "You gave me a great present I had to give you one," he stated, smiling at her laugh. She shook her head rolling her eyes.

  "And everything, the color, it's all—"

  "Dark red? Yeah," he sighed avoiding her eyes sheepishly.

  "I can't believe you remembered that," she muttered getting up to give him a soft hug. She thought back to those few months ago, "Well, I guess, for starters, I love the color red,'...'I like a really dark red, a maroon or burgundy..." 

  Remus pulled a sharp breath at her hug. "I love it, it's a wonderful gift! Thank you," she professed. Helping her with all her bags he walked her back to the foot of the stairs leading to the girl's dormitory. She huffed dragging all the bags back up her arms, she hastily skipped up the stairs. Stopping mid-way she turned around towards Remus. "Thank you, Rem. I know it was probably weird for you today, but it really meant a lot that you came. Night," she smiled, turning back.

  "Night," he whispered as he watched her disappear into the shadows going up, grinning like a fool.

A/N

 I've made a promise to post a chapter by Remus' birthday, but I decided to just pre-schedule cthis one to post on his Birthday in celebration. What a coincidence that the chapter just had to align with Mila's birthday. Anyway, Happy Birthday to the fake man of my dreams.  

  The next chapter is quite... something, I'll say in the least. Before I sign off, I wanna know everyone's favorite things abt Moony just for funsies!

3.3K words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99K 2.3K 65
It's impossible for Remus Lupin to fall in love right? Wrong. So what happens when he falls in love with a beautiful girl exactly like him? They even...
1.5M 46.7K 47
In which Josie Longbottom falls for her best friend. started 13.02.20 finished 19.04.20
800K 22.9K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...
534K 20.7K 200
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐀 Athena Sinistra and Remus Lupin are best friends, they've known each other their entire l...