Talk to Me, Princess | Marich...

By hayleyfaithxox

Marinette was always the best at overthinking, and the worst at calming herself down. When things become over... More

Chapter One - The Beginning
Chapter Two - Just a Phone Call, Right?
Chapter Three - We Could Be So Much More
Chapter Four - Spontaneous
Chapter Six - Croissant, Anyone?
Chapter Seven - Thank you, George A. Romero
Chapter Eight - Times like These
Chapter Nine - You Should Really Learn to Knock
Chapter Ten - The Best Dog Washing Team to Ever Exist
Chapter Eleven - I Don't Want to Hold You Back, I Want to Hold Your Hand
Chapter Twelve - Who Even Likes Twitter Anyways?
Chapter Thirteen - Ladybug's Wrath
Chapter Fourteen - Don't Blame Me
Chapter Fifteen - Face My Fears
Chapter Sixteen - Food is My Love Language
Chapter Seventeen - Stepping Into Dangerous Territory
Chapter Eighteen - Things We Shouldn't Do but We Did Anyways
Chapter Nineteen - Two Halves of the Same Heart
Chapter Twenty - Terms and Conditions
Chapter Twenty One - Difficult Conversations
Chapter Twenty Two - You're So Pretty It Hurts | Chat Noir's POV
Chapter Twenty Three - This Is What Im Living For
Chapter Twenty Four - I Dont Wanna Miss When You Cry
Chapter Twenty Five - All The Pieces Crumbling Apart
Chapter Twenty Six - Nightmares no Longer Wait for Sleep
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Roots of My Heart
Chapter Twenty Eight - To Believe Its All Been Worth The Fight
Chapter Twenty Nine - I've Always Wanted to be a Spy
Chapter Thirty - In The Eye of the Hurricane
Chapter Thirty One - The Most Unlikely of Allies
Chapter Thirty Two - Just Breathe
Chapter Thirty Three - It Just Won't Stop
Chapter Thirty Four - Survival of the Fittest
Chapter Thirty Five - Winner Takes It All: Part One | Viperion's POV
Chapter Thirty Six - Winner Takes It All: Part Two
Chapter Thirty Seven - The Consequences of My Poor Choices
Chapter Thirty Eight - The Way I Am Without You Now
Chapter Thirty Nine - The Reason Why We Still Smile
Chapter Forty - Natures First Green is Gold; Her Hardest Hue to Hold
Chapter Forty One - So Dawn Goes Down To Day
Chapter Forty Two - Nothing Gold Can Stay | The End
Epilogue - Forever a Hero
BONUS CHAPTER - ONE: With Tear Stained Cheeks | POV: Chloe Bourgeois
BONUS CHAPTER - TWO: I Need Her |POV: Felix Fathom
BONUS CHAPTER - THREE: I Wanna Be Yours | POV: Luka Couffaine
BONUS CHAPTER - FOUR: Flowers In Her Hair | POV: Juleka Couffaine
BONUS CHAPTER - FIVE: Changing For The Better | POV: Adrien Agreste
BONUS CHAPTER - SIX: Till Death Do Us Part | POV: Marinette Dupain-Cheng
BONUS CHAPTER - SEVEN: My Forever After | POV: Marinette Dupain-Cheng
Authors Note - Thank You + Spin Off Update <3

Chapter Five - My Feeble Mind

1K 24 8
By hayleyfaithxox

"Chat, if you could go anywhere in this world, where would it be?" I ask as we sit on the ledge of the Eiffel Tower, probably having been here for at least half an hour. I think of my family and Tikki back at home. If they were to notice me missing they would totally freak out. I'm sure I'd see tons of police lights if that were the case.

I fiddle with my dress, feeling the cool breeze start to get to me a little. A sad reminder of the summer slowly fading away, the nights getting just a tad colder than before. I wish summer could last a little longer.

"I honestly don't know. I think I'd like to go wherever my friends would want. If I could have one true vacation away, I'd be happy to go wherever." He leans into me, resting the side of his head on mine. "Want to go on a vacation with me? Is that why you're asking?"

"Ha ha, very funny." I giggle, shoving him off of me. He feigns hurt, clutching his hand on his chest. "If I could, I'd pack you up and bring you with me everywhere. But I guess you're stuck in Paris, huh?"

"I suppose so, for as long as I can be at least. I never intend to stop being Chat Noir. I guess I'll go wherever my Miraculous take's me."

"It's shameful for me to hope theres always a villain in Paris for you to fight. If you were to have to give up your Miraculous, would you tell others who you are behind that mask?" I know I'm reaching territory that I shouldn't be, and if he gives away too much information he could accidentally reveal his identity.

After all of these years, I think it's time I start to trust him to not be so reckless. Chat isn't an idiot, he wouldn't give anyone information that could possibly track back to his civilian self.

"I don't think so, no. I wouldn't want the attention that would come with it. I also wouldn't want to ruin my chance of ever being Chat Noir again. So, to definitively answer your question, no. I wouldn't tell people."

"Would you tell Ladybug?" I ask, and he sits there quietly, clearly thinking this over. He scratches the back of his neck in a fashion that's just so familiar. A loud noise rings out, making us both jump. I gasp, scrambling to my feet. My heart stops and within just a moment I'm screaming, dangling from the Eiffel Tower. Strong hands grip my right arm, and my eyes lock with a pair of very panicked green eyes.

"Marinette! Grab onto my arm!" Chat yells, and so with my left hand I reach up and grip onto his wrists as he grunts, pulling me back up onto the platform. We tumble over, our breathing rapid and erratic. Oh my god, oh my god. I would have died, I don't have Tikki with me. That was so close.

"Chat... Thank you." I huff, staring at the sky. He's still holding onto my hand, and the loud noises ring in the air again. It's freaking fireworks. I got scared and almost died over fireworks off in the distance. "I-I thought it was an Akuma. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, all that matters is you're fine. That... That was startling." He says quietly, and I nod my head. "Yeah, tell me about it." I mutter, squeezing his hand. He tightens his grip in return, an acknowledgement of my gratitude.

The fireworks start getting even more wild, nothing nice to watch by any means. In fact, it almost looks like it's being aimed at different buildings. What the hell is going on?

"It is an Akuma." Chat says, jumping up quick and pulling me to my feet. I look around but I don't see anyone.

"How do you know?" I do my best to see what's going on, but I can't see anything besides the obnoxious fireworks display.

"I can just tell. There is clearly nothing normal about whats going on there. Plus, there are police lights heading towards where the Akuma is setting off all those fireworks." He points towards the lights and I realize I didn't even notice them. He grabs onto me and pulls me close. "Brace yourself, I'll get you to safety."

"I need to go home, Chat! My parents will be worried sick!" I hold onto him tightly, and he jumps off the Eiffel Tower with me in his arms hugging onto him like my life depends on it. Because, quite frankly, it does.

My hair whooshes in the wind, whipping all around. Using his baton, he propels himself from rooftop to rooftop, the magic tool extending big and retracting to keep him moving forward at an impressive speed. Chat's strength and reflexes are amazing. Getting closer to home, I see the Akuma running off in the distance, sending fireworks into the air like a madman.

The Akuma looks to be at least 10 feet tall, dressed in all gold with hair the colour of bright orange-y red fire. He laughs maniacally, setting off fireworks every few moments. Some randomly in the sky, others at buildings around. This isn't good, people could get seriously hurt by this guy.

Chat lands on my balcony, plopping me down gently.

"I'll come back to check on you after, okay? Stay safe!" Chat is gone back into the night within seconds before I can even answer him. I go to dive into my bedroom, but a very angry looking Tikki flies out onto the balcony before I get a chance.

"Marinette! Where have you been? You can't just leave without telling me or your parents-"

"Tikki! No time to explain, Akuma alert! Lets go!" I look around, cupping my little Kwami and diving into my room so I'm out of sight. I hope no one notices me going inside as Marinette and leaving as Ladybug. "Tikki, spots on!"

I immediately transform into my better self, feeling the rush of adrenaline kick in. I need to go help Chat Noir defeat that Akuma, and protect Paris once again! Slipping out of my bedroom, I sling my yo-yo to another building and fly forward. Landing with a quick roll, I take off running, jumping from roof to roof until I quickly catch up with Chat Noir stalling the Akuma.

"Come on, big fella! What's got you all worked up?" Chat says playfully as he sits perched on top of his baton. I notice a police force down the street, and some civilians hiding behind the blockade of police cars. I smile, dropping in beside him. "M'lady! You're here!" He says cheerfully, hopping down to stand next to me.

"Did you figure out where the Akuma is?" I ask, searching for anything the little magic butterfly might be hiding in.

"Not yet," he's cut off when a blast of fireworks shoot towards us. We both jump out of the way landing on either side of the street as the fireworks explode on the city roads. Thank goodness it's night time and there isn't many people out at this time.

"Take his left, I'll go right! We need to lure the Akuma away from such a residential area!" I take off running, slinging my yo-yo to get me up in the air. When the Akuma points his stick of fireworks at me, I notice the opportunity and take it immediately. I snatch the stick despite the blast of fireworks hitting me in the chest sending me flying back. I gasp, smacking into the wall of a building and falling down. Strong arms catch me before I smack onto the pavement, and I stare at Chat Noir.

"That hurt." I groan, thankful for the powers Tikki provides that helps ease such impacts and protects my skin from getting ripped apart. I snap the stick in half, watching the butterfly emerge from within. The victim of the Akuma falls to his knees. It's just some kid. His parents rush towards him, pushing passed the police force keeping a safe distance from the battle.

"Gotcha'." I say, using my yo-yo to capture the butterfly and cleanse it of Hawkmoth's control. "Bye bye little butterfly!" I say as usual, watching as I release the cleansed butterfly and it flaps it's beautiful wings to fly away. I only notice my flaw right now, and it seems by the look on Chat's face we realized it at the same time. Since I didn't need a Lucky Charm to defeat this Akuma, the damage that's been done won't reverse until I de-transform.

Which normally wouldn't be an issue, if I wasn't banged up. I need to transform back, but I can't do that here. And Chat is going to go back to my place looking for me as Marinette. I can't beat him back in this shape, and I can't transform in front of him.

"Will you be okay to get to somewhere safe to transform back?" Chat says, helping me brace myself against a building. I nod my head, I'm going to have to be okay. Think, Mari, think.

"I'll get to safety and transform back, that will reverse all the damages that's been done. Can you go talk with the police and explain that everything will be okay in a bit? And debrief with those parents, figure out who their son is and why he was Akumatized in the first place." In typical Ladybug fashion, I hand out these orders to my eager but worried partner, and he gives me one singular nod before heading over to the police.

I groan, slinging my yo-yo up to catch onto the roof of a building and pull me forward. I breathe heavily, trying to ignore how my chest burns as I stumble forward. I jump, sucking in some air and landing harshly. Nothing very graceful about any of this. Normally I'm okay after being hit like that, but that was quite the blast. I should have stuck with the original plan to get the Akuma away first, and then come up with a better idea. It was risky, and was just a lucky guess that the Akuma was hiding in that kid's stick.

Stumbling onto my balcony, I drop down into my bedroom and quickly transform back into Marinette. Tikki flies around to quickly check me out, making sure I'm okay. I take a few minutes to breathe, happy that it doesn't hurt anymore.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Tikki groans as I hand her a cookie.

"You'll need to hide, Chat Noir will be here shortly." I whisper as Tikki takes her cookie and hides under my bed. Only a few minutes later I hear the tapping on my balcony hatch, and open it to let Chat Noir in.

"You're safe." I say quietly, giving him a hug. I have to pretend as though I didn't know he made it out of the battle safely. "That was pretty fast."

"Yeah, Ladybug showed up and dealt with that Akuma in record speed. It was pretty impressive." He plopped down on my bed, flopping onto his back. "God, I'm tired now."

"What happened with the Akuma?"

"It was some teenager who felt he wasn't being seen by his family at all. He felt invisible and so when he realized there wasn't any plans for his birthday, Hawkmoth took advantage of his heartache and gave him the powers to be the greatest form of celebration. Loud, dangerous fireworks." Chat Noir says this slowly, staring up at my ceiling. Something in him seems saddened, probably feeling bad for the kid. Maybe he even finds it relatable. I wish I could ask him, but I can't know such details about his personal life.

I am Ladybug after all. If I were to find out who Chat Noir is, it would be such a detriment to our safety, and the safety of the world. If Hawkmoth captured me and was able to make me reveal who Chat is, he could easily get ahold of both of our Miraculous'. It would be over.

"So he decided that everyone in all of Paris would see him, and he would be heard regardless. That's so sad." I mutter, looking around. My face reddens when I realize I haven't taken down all my photos of Adrien plastered on the walls. I hope Chat doesn't take notice and tease me on this again. This happened once before, and I used the excuse that as a fashion designer I keep tabs on the most famous model in all of Paris, Adrien Agreste.

"Yup." Is all Chat mumbles in response.

"Are you okay?" I ask, staring over at him flopped on my bed, he lays there with his eyes closed, his arms crossed behind his head. The steady rise and fall of his chest makes me worried he could fall asleep any minute now. I wouldn't know what to do with him, or who to call to ask for help.

"Yeah, just tired. Ladybug took a bad hit today, in that moment I was... I was really scared. Not only is she my close friend, but if something were to happen to her... we'd all be screwed. She's the only one who can cleanse and Akuma, or fix the damages done." He sits up, rubbing the back of his neck before hopping off the bed.

"She isn't the only hero Paris has. Besides, with you by her side, she's unstoppable."

"She was being reckless." He mutters in response, looking around my room. "This place hasn't changed much since I last saw it." He says with a small chuckle.

"Ladybug will be okay, don't worry so much. I'm sure she would tell you if she needed some extra help." I try to shove Chat away from the wall he's approaching, but it's too late.

"These are a lot of photos of Adrien Agreste." He thumbs the photo of Adrien and I from our picnic with our friends.

"Y-yeah! He's a model, I'm a designer. Duh. Plus, I hang photos of all my friends." I usher around to all the pictures of me with my friends. Lots of photos of Alya and I being silly, photos with Mylene, Juleka, Rose, Alix, Nino, Zoe, and even Luka.

"Are we friends?" He says, tapping his chin as if he's in deep thought. I giggle, rolling my eyes.

"Yes, Chat, we're friends."

"Then why are there no photos with me?" He pouts, pointing at all the photos of everyone and none of us together.

"I-" I shrug my shoulders after thinking. "I have no photos with you, that's all. Otherwise, I'd print yours the biggest and put it right... here." I tap on a blank part of my wall, showcasing where I'd stick a photo of us.

He grabs my phone off the desk and opens up the camera as I laugh. He can't be serious. Grabbing my hand, he pulls me in and tucks me under his arm to take a photo of the two of us. I laugh, smiling into the camera as I lean my head against his chest. He smiles showing his pearly white teeth as he squeezes my arm and snaps the photo of us together.

I look up at him, rolling my eyes with a huge grin on my face. He's such a goofball, but I couldn't be happier than I am right now. Who would have thought hanging out with Chat Noir in such a casual manner would instantly lift my mood. All my overwhelming thoughts, the Akuma, none of it matters anymore. At least not as of right now.

He puts my phone down and takes a step back, his grip loosens as he pulls away before his fingers trail down my arm and take my hand in his. He bows down, kissing the top of my hand.

"Thank you for this evening, Princess. I shall be on my way." He stands back up and starts to make his way towards my balcony.

"Chat!" I say a little louder than I probably should, considering my parents would be very disapproving of having a boy up in my room at this time of night. He turns to face me, looking almost as if he expected me to stop him before he left. "Thank you, again. For everything. For the wisdom you shared, being a shoulder for me to cry on, and saving me both from the Akuma and a terrible fall from the Eiffel Tower." I joke, and he grins, heading out onto my balcony.

"Anytime, Marinette. I'll see you again shortly." With that last statement he pops out of sight. I let out a sigh, running my hand through my hair with a smile stuck on my face.

"Marinette!" Tikki comes rushing out, staring at me wide eyed.

"What's wrong, Tikki?"

"Do you think Chat has feelings for you? It really seems like he does." I burst out laughing, waving my hands in front of me and shake my head aggressively.

"Absolutely not! That would be comical if he got over Ladybug just to fall for me. Anyways, he admitted he's in love with someone else. I think he just needs a friend right now as much as I need the distractions. You should have seen how sad he looked after battling that Akuma." I trail off, thinking of what his home life must be like. I wonder if he related to that boy, or if he was just feeling empathetic.

"I don't know, I saw the way he was looking at you, Marinette. Do you think this might become a problem?" Tikki's little face looks so adorably worried right now.

"It won't be an issue, silly. Chat wouldn't go for such an ordinary girl like me. Everything is fine. Even if he did have feelings for me, it wouldn't be a problem since I don't have feelings for him. I would just... reject... him." I trail off, realizing how cruel that would be for Chat to love two different people, who are technically the same person but he doesn't know that, and then get rejected by both. "Well, it's no sense in even thinking about it, it clearly won't happen."

"Why did you go off with him without telling me?" Tikki says after a few moments, and I sigh as I slip into some nightwear.

"I'm sorry Tikki, it was a spur of the moment. I promise you that next time I'll bring you for certain. When the Akuma happened I realize how big of a mistake it was."

"And what was that about falling off the Eiffel Tower?" Tikki questions, and I hold my hand out to cup my little bug friend. She flies over like its second nature, snuggling into my hands. I explain the whole situation, and how Chat saved me from falling. She just looks horrified, shaking her little head.

"Marinette, that could have been seriously bad." She says quietly. I nod my head, acknowledging that it could have ended very badly. Climbing into bed, I say goodnight to Tikki with a full heart happy from the day I've had with Adrien and the evening I had with Chat Noir.

Yet, despite feeling so content right now, I can't help the little intrusive thoughts that float through my head saying that it would have been better had Chat not saved me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 6.1K 18
Marinette is now 19 years old, she now lives in an apartment by herself, well she's sometimes by herself when a certain Cat started visiting her. One...
20 questions By -

Fanfiction

87.6K 1.9K 11
{completed} "20 questions..." Chat breathed, staring into his Lady's gorgeous eyes. She, however, looked away. She couldn't look at those hopeful gre...
112K 2.5K 26
Adrien had gotten into one of the biggest arguments he had ever had with his father, leading him to run from his home as his alter ego, Chat Noir. Th...
22.5K 430 23
Ever since Marinette Dupain-Cheng became the guardian of the miraculous she has been stressed and overwhelmed. It has been weeks since she was truly...