AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER

The4Elements2007 által

BOOK 1- [WATER] I do not own any of the ATLA characters they all belong to the creator behind the incredible... Több

Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV

Chapter 1

16 1 0
The4Elements2007 által

"The Boy in the Iceberg"

Katara's POV:

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days--A time of peace, when the Avatar kept the balance between water tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all stopped when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless Fire benders. But when the world needed him the most. He vanished. A hundred years have passed, and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my farther and the men of the tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after the tribe. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will will return to save the world.

No one's POV:

Katara and her brother Sokka were rowing down the river to fish for some fish. Sokka was paying attention to the fish swimming in circles around the water "It's not getting away from me this time, watch and learn Katara, this is how you catch a fish. He says with his typical cocky attitude. Katara gives him a look before turning to the water. She sees a fish swim by and glance before removing her glove and using her water bending powers to catch the fish Sokka, look! She exclaimed with a big smile across her face. "Shh Katara, you're gonna scare it away. Mmm I can already smell it cooking." Taking a big sniff before licking his lips.

"But, Sokka, I caught one." Katara moves the fish above the boat before she places it down it jumps out of the bubble making the bubble pop and splash on Sokka, Ahh! Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked? He sighs "Oh, it's not magic water. It's water bending and its...Sokka cuts her off before saying. Yeah, yeah--an ancient art unique to our culture, blah, blah, blah...he waves his hands about drastically. "Look I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself. He shrugs. Katara Folds her arms looking at her brother with an eyebrow raised. "You're calling me weird?, I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection...In the water." She grinned.

They were cut off when they feel the boat tip and end up being carried by the current [CRASH] Sokka tried using the paddle to slow down the boat "Watch out" Katara shouted before directing him "Go left" she instructed. Just was they were about to ahead to get out of the strong current. two ice caps crashed into the canoe braking it to splinters "Ahh!" they scream as they jumped onto some nearby ice caps. Katara moves from the edge of the ice and confronts Sokka, "You call that go left?" Sokka lift his eyebrow before saying, "You don't like my steering? Well, maybe you should have used waterbender us out of the ice. pointing to the many ice caps in the river. "So, it's my fault?" Katara crosses her arms. "I knew I should have left you at home. Leave it to a girl to screw things up." he nods his head in disapproval.

Katara gives him a big glare before saying, "You are the most sexist, Immature, nut-brained. I'm embarrassed to be related to you!" Katara begins to get mad and doesn't pay attention to her anger as her waterbending became out of control and cracking the iceberg behind her. Ever since mom died, I've been doing all the work around camp, while you've been off playing Soldiers!". Sokka starts to panic at the incident going off behind Katara. "Ah...Katara... pointing at the ice. She still interrupts him "I even wash you clothes. Have you ever smelled your dirty socks?! Let me tell you. NO PLEASENT!" She swings her arms back creating a more cracks in the iceberg. "Katara, settle down...he still keeps his eye on the iceberg. "No! That's it, I'm done helping you! From now on, you're on your own!" she yells before creating a huge wave behind her and finally begins to break. "Ahh" They both gasp. The ice made a loud cracking noise, followed by splashes.

The iceberg tilts over creating a giant wave and sending the ice cap they were on further away from the iceberg that was now submerged under water. "Ahh!"

"Ok, you've gone from weird to freakish Karata." he gives her a side look. "You mean I did that?" she looks at the water in front of her. "Yep. Congratulation." he gives her a sarcastic remark. Suddenly, the water started to glow and bubbles started to come to the surface of the water. They gasp as the light got closer then another iceberg submerged but, this was a different iceberg. This one was, glowing. Nothing like the two have ever seen before! They move a little closer to notice there was someone inside the iceberg. Katara and Sokka stud there a little stunned to do anything. When she looked closer, their eyes open and began to glow with the rest of the lines on their body. "Ah, he's alive. We have to help. Katara gets a hold of Sokka's stick and runs towards the person inside the iceberg. "Katara! Get back here! We don't know what that thing is." he runs after her as she jumps across the small ice caps and lands on the side of the iceberg.

She begins to swing Sokka's stick into the ice "Uh!" she breaths. She took three more blows to the ice before a mist brakes loose from the iceberg. Katara and Sokka watched as the iceberg cracked in half, releasing a bright beam into the sky.

Further out to see a Fire Nation ship was close by. A teen no older than 16 watched the bright light in front of him. "Finally, uncle, do you realise what this means?" he refers to the bright light in the sky. "I won't get to finish my game?" his uncle says taking a sip of his tea. "It means my search is about to come to an end." he breaths out. "Ahh...his uncle sighed. "That light came from an incredible powerful source, it has to be him!" His uncle perks up, "or it's just the celestials lights. We've been down this road before, Prince Zuko. I don't want you to get too excited over nothing. Please, sit. Why don't you enjoy a calming jasmine tea?" "I don't need any calming tea! I need to capture the Avatar! Helmsmen, head a course for the light. he shouts to his crew.

The bright beam of light was still glowing making it hard for Katara and Sokka to see. They slowly look towards towards the light as it began to lose the light. They both glance at each other then back to the iceberg. They look up to see a boy climb up to the brim of the iceberg, with his eyes still glowing. "Stop!" Sokka commanded as the boy stud up. His eye now longer glowing and lost balance falling down the iceberg, luckily Katara got to him in time. Sokka turns the end of the stick and begins pocking the young boys head. "Stop it." Katara moves the stick away from the boy and turning back to the boy. "Mmm" a mumble comes from the boys mouth before his eyes flutter open.

"Ah" the boy gasped at Katara. "I need to ask you something." he whispered. "What?" Katara replies. "Please, come closer.". his voice cracks a little. "What is is?" she responded again. "Will go penguin sledding with me?" his eyes light up and a big goofy smiles appears on his face. Katara was taken a back before saying, Ah...sure! I guess" still a bit confused at the boys words.

He lifts himself up from the floor like he weight no more than a single feather. "What's going on here?" He scratches his head looking around his surroundings. "You tell us. How did you get in the ice? And why aren't you frozen? Sokka asked prodding the boy once again with his stick. "I'm not sure." he replies [Growling] the boy gasps and jumps onto the rink of the iceberg. "Ah, Appa! are you alright? Wake up buddy, he lifts his eye, then jumps down in front of his face before trying to force his mouth open. "Uh! he sighs.

Katara and Sokka walk around the iceberg and gasp at the giant animal in front of them. Well with Sokka was a little bit more dramatic about the scene. The boy gives the animal one last pry at his mouth and lets out a big yawn followed by licking him. "Ha Ha! You're ok." he hugs his animal. Sokka and Katara approach the boy and the animal with caution. "What is that thing?" he points his stick towards the animal. "This is Appa, my flying bison." he smiled. "Right, and this is Katara, my flying sister." he gives his usually sarcastic remarks. Katara gives Sokka a small death stare before looking back towards the boy.

Appa began to let out a few sniffles before sneezing, the boy ducks just Intime and the snot flies by and lands on Sokka. "Ah! uh, ah! He falls to the floor and tries rubbing to snot off of him. The boy smiles before saying, "Don't worry, it'll wash out. So, do you guys live around here?" he asked. Sokka points his stick at the boy. "Don't answer that. Did you see that crazy bolt of light? He was probably trying to signal the Fire Navy." Oh ye. I'm sure he's a spy for the fire Navy. You can tell by that evil look in his eyes" Katara responds with a little sass. The boy gives a cheeky grin towards Katara. "The paranoid one is my brother Sokka. You never told us your name."

"I'm ah-ah Achewwwwww! and blasts himself into the air, before landing back on the ice and smiles. "My name is Aang. The two siblings has a look of shock on their faces. "You just sneezed and flew 10 feet into the air." Sokka points up to the sky. "Really, I thought it was higher than that. He looks up. "Oh! Your an airbender." Katara gaps. "Sure am." he responded. "Giant light beams, flying bison, airbender--I think I got midnight sun madness. I'm going home where stuff makes sense." Sokka begins to walk away from Aang and Katara. Sokka stops when he reaches the end of the ice cap to the iceberg. "Well, if you guys are stuck, Appa and I could give you a lift. Aang turns around and jumps on top of Appa. "We'd love a ride. Thanks." Katara smiled. "Oh no, I am not getting on that fluffy snot monster." Sokka hesitates. "Are you hoping some other kind of monster comes along and give you a ride home? You know, before you freeze to death." Katara retracts her arms out to her side.

Sokka gives Katara a deadpanned look "Ah--*sighs*. "Ok, first time flyers, hold on tight. Appa! Yip yip!" Sokka crosses his arms with a pout across his face. Appa jumps in to the air but drastically falls into the water. "Come on Appa, Yip yip." Sokka responds, "Wow, that was truly amazing." he said with sarcasm. Katara glares at him. "Appa's just tired. A little rest and he'll be soaring through the sky. You'll see." he smiles and looks towards Katara. "Why are you smiling at me light that? she asked raising her eyebrow. "O-oh, I was just smiling." Sokka groans "ARGH! and lead his head back against the Appa's saddle.

The scene change back to Prince Zuko's Fire Navy boat. Zuko was glancing at the scene in front of him when his Uncle comes out and says [Yawn] Yep. A man needs his rest. Prince Zuko, you need some sleep. Even if you're right. And the Avatar is alive, you won't fine him. You Farther, Grandfather, and Great- Grandfather all tried and failed." he spoke. "Because their honour didn't hinge on the Avatar's capture. Mine does. This coward's hundred years old in hiding is over. " Zuko replied.

Aang, Katara and Sokka were still crossing the sea on the top of Appa. Katara crawls to the end of Appa's saddle. "Hey." She looks at Aang. "Hey. What you thinking about?" he said relaxing on his back with his heads behind his head. "I guess I was just wondering. Your being an airbender and all...If you had any idea what happened to the Avatar." she questioned. "Uh...No. I didn't know him. I mean I knew people that knew him. But I didn't. Sorry." He frowns before smiling at her. "Ok, just curious. Goodnight." She replied before moving further back onto the saddle. "Sleep tight." Aang turns around with a grimacing look on his face.

[Thunder and lighting] "Ahh!" Aang looks around and sees the skies are grey and thunder started to strike around him and before he knew it. "AHH"! He screamed as him and Appa was plummeting, landing into the sea. They both reached the surface with Appa letting out a growl. Before another wave took them under. Aang started out as conscious and started drifting away from Appa. Just before he got away from Appa. His eye and arrow begins to glow. creating a big ball of ice. Much like the iceberg only with a bright blue light. "Aang. Aang, wake up!" "Ahh" he gasped for air. "It's ok" he looks over to see Katara kneeling beside him with a smile on her face. "We're in the village now. Come on get ready point outside of the tent "Everyone is waiting for you."

"Just before Katara left she looks back and lightly gasped his tattoo markings on his arms, legs and of course his head. She then smiles and lightly grabs his arm and making her way out of the tend. "Ahh" he yelped. "Aang, this is the entire village. Entire village, meet Aang. Aang holds his staff in front of him and lightly bows to greet the people in front of him with a small smile. The village hesitates and the women of the village hold the the children close to them. "Uh...Why are they all looking at me like that? Did Appa sneeze on me? he looked at his clothes. "Well, no one has seen an airbender in a hundred years. We thought they were extinct. Until my granddaughter and grandson found you." The old woman explained. "Extinct?" he raised his eyebrow with a little shock. "Aang, this is my grandmother." Katara spoke. "Call me Gran Gran." his shocked face turned back to a strange look.

"What is this, a weapon? You can stab anything with this, Sokka said grabbing the staff from Aang. Aang places a hand on his right side of his body and smiled. "It's not for stabbing. It's for airbending. Taking back the staff from Sokka and opens it up to reveal orange material and turns out to be an glider. Children began to smile and laugh and one child said, "Magic trick, do it again." she points at the staff. "Not magic, airbending. It lets me take control the air current around my glider and fly." he corrected the young girl in front of him with a polite smile.

"You know, last time I checked, humans can't fly?" Sokka says crossing his arms. A cheek grin appears onto his face. "Check again!" he grabbed both sides on the front of the glider and jumps up making the glider fly through the air and began to whiz around, making tricks. Children began to laugh. "Wow, he's flying." a young boy says, pointing up to the sky. Whilst the kids cheered him on, their parents were still a little bit weary of the boy. "He's amazing!" a boy shouts. Katara smiles up at Aang and he grinned back, before crashing into snow. "Unh! Katara places both hands over her face to prevent herself from laughing. Whilst Aang was trying to free himself. "Uh...Uh! and finally pulls himself out and tumbles down the hill of snow.

Katara runs over to help Aang. "Oh! My watchtower. Katara reaches Aang. "That was amazing." she smiled followed by a few other children. Holding out her hand for Aang, helping him off the ground. Sokka runs past with a defeated look on his face. Aang span around his glider and causes more snow to fall on Sokka. "Great. You're and airbender, Katara's a waterbender. Together you can just waste time all day long. Sokka huffs before walking away. "Your a waterbender!" he smiles. "Well, sort of. Not yet. she gives a small smile back." Katara turns around to see Gran Gran there. All right. No more playing. Come on Katara, you have chores.

"I told you. He's the real thing, Gran Gran." She spoke lightly. I finally found a bender to teach me." she smiles with hope in her eyes. "Katara, try not to put all your hopes in this boy." she warned. "But he's special. I can tell. I sense he's filled with much wisdom. She smiles and looks over to Aang who had his glider stuck to his tongue. "See? Now my tongue is stuck to my staff! he explained to the children with smiles on their faces.

Whilst Aang had no clue what was happening out on the see, Prince Zuko was preparing to find the Avatar. "Again." Uncle pressed. "Ah!..HIYA!" Zuko blasts fire from his firsts whilst his other crew blast fire back his way. "Ahh. No. Power and firebending come from the breath, not the muscles. The breath becomes the energy in the body. The energy extends past your your limbs and becomes fire! Get it right this time." His Uncle explained with an harsh tone. "Enough. I've been drilling this sequence all day. Teach me the next step. I'm more than ready." he mouthed back. "No! you're impatient. You have yet to master the basics. Drill again!" His Uncle commands. Ugh... Ahh. HIYA! Zuko blasts fire knowing one of his guards down. "The sages tell us that the Avatar is the last Airbender. Zuko kneels down to his Uncle, whilst his Uncle glares at him. "He must be over a hundred years old by now. He's had a century to master the 4 elements. I'll need more than basic firebending to defeat him. You will teach me the advanced set!" he shouts

"Very well. But first, I must finish my roasted duck. His Uncle smiled picking up a bowl Yum, yum, yum." stuffing his face.

"Now, men, It's important that you show no fear when you face a firebender. In the water tribe, we fight till the last man mans standing. For without courage, How can we call ourselves men? Sokka asks pacing back and fourth with his hands behind his back. A young boy lifts his hand. "I gotta pee." he moans. "Listen! Until your fathers return from the war, they're counting on you to be the men of this tribe. And that mean no potty breaks." Sokka explained flying his arms around. "But I really gotta go!" the boy rocks back and forth. Sokka sighs. Ok. Who else has to go? he answered. All the boys lifts up their hands at the same time, leaving Sokka to facepalm and sigh again.

"Have you seen Aang? Gran Gran said, he disappeared over an hour ago. Katara asked. Meanwhile, "Wow, Everything freezes inside there." Aang crawls out from underneath Sokka's watchtower, leaving the children to laugh. "Ugh! Katara, Get him out of here. This lessons if for warriors only.

"Wee! Katara and Sokka turn around to see children slider down Appa's tale and into a pile of snow. "Ha! Ha! Ha! the children laugh as the dove into the snow. Katara laughs whilst Sokka runs up to Aang. "Stop! Stop it right now! What's wrong with you? We don't have time for run ang games with a war going on! Sokka shouts

"What war? What are you talking about? And asked tilting his head. Sokka raised his eyebrow. "You're kidding right? Aang looks into the distance. "PENGUIN!" he shouts and chases after it. "He's kidding, right?" Sokka asked. "Aang? Katara shouted. "Ha! Ha! Hey, come on little guys. Wanna go Sledding? Aang loses his balance and face planks the snow. Katara walks over to him with a smile. "Ha! I have my way with animals. YACK! YACK! YACK! YACK! "YACK! Katara giggles at Aang's funny behaviour "Aang, I'll help you catch a penguin if you teach me Waterbending. She tried to persuade him. "You got a deal. Just one little problem. I'm an airbender, not a waterbender. Isn't there someone in your tribe who can teach you?" he asked.

Katara turns away from him with a frown on her face. "No. You're looking at the only waterbender." she closes her eyes. "This isn't right needs to master water. What about the North Pole? There's another water tribe up there right? Maybe they can waterbender who can teach you." he suggested. "Maybe, but we haven't had contact with our sister tribe in a long time. It's not exactly turn right at the second glacier. It's on the other side of the world." She explained to Aang. "But you forget. I have a flying bison. Appa and I can personally fly you to the north pole. Katara, we're going to find you a master. Aang added back.

That's--I mean...I don't know. I've never left home before. Katara hugs herself feeling a little shy about the whole conversation. Well, you think about it. But in the meantime, can you teach me to catch one of these penguins?" he asked. Katara smiles and holds out one of her gloves. "Ok. Listen closely my young pupil. Catching penguins is an ancient and sacred art. Observe. She reaches into her pocket and pull it out a fish and throws it at Aang to catch. Penguins start to form a circle around him and is tackled to the floor. "Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! he giggles

"Ahh! Woo! they yell in sync as they sled on penguins town the snowy hill, Aang jumps off of a small cliff. "Ha! Ha! Yeah! ye shouts flying over Katara. "Whoo! Katara shouts, catching up to Aang. Both laughing in unison. " I haven't done this since since I was a kid." she say. Aang responds, "You still are a kid." They both laugh as they sled through an ice tunnel and come out through the other side and finally come to a stop.

"Whoa, what is that?" Aang asked. "A Fire Navy ship. And a very bad memory for my people." Aang starts walking towards the ship. "Aang, stop. We're not allowed to go near it. This ship could be booby-trapped." Katara mentioned. "If you want to be a bender, you have to let go of fear. Katara looks down and thinks for a second and decides to walk towards Aang a little weary of the huge ship in front of her. Aang waits for her to catch up she follows him towards the ship, They climb the ice and climb into a giant hole on the side of the ship. Slowly walking through the ship and being as quiet as they can. They come to an halt to a door and saw a stack of weapons in front of them. "This ship is haunted by tribes since Gran Gran was a little girl. It was part of the Fire Nation's first attack." Katara explained the story to Aang. "Ok...back up. I have friends all over the world, Even in the Fire Nation. I've never seen any war." Aang responds to Katara's story.

"Aang, how long was you in that iceberg?" Katara asked. "I don't know a few days maybe." he side glances at Katara. "I think it was more like a hundred years." Katara questions her own answer. "What? That's impossible. Do I look like a 112 year old old man to you?" he responded a little offended. "Think about it. The war is a century year old. You don't know about it, because somehow you were in there the whole time. It's the only explanation. Aang looks at Katara with a shocked look on his face walking back whilst holding his head confused about what just happened.

"A hundred years. I can't believe it." he spoke in a low tone. Katara kneels down and places her hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Aang. Maybe, somehow, there's a bright side to all of this. she tried lightening up his mood. "I did get to meet you." he looked up to Katara. Katara smiles down at him. "Come on. Lets get out of here." she helps Aang up off of the floor and walking back towards where the exit was. "Aang, lets head back. This place is creepy. Katara suggested to Aang to leave. Aang felt something pull his foot and looks town before they knew it the metal door to the the door closed them in.

"What's that you said about booby traps? They gasp as they hear things start to move and squeak around them. Metal pipes begin to burst and create a loud boom before setting off a fire flare into the air. "Uh-oh" Aang and Katara look out the window to see the commotion. Aang walks to a hole in the middle of the roof. "Hold on tight!" Aang shouts before picking Katara up and jumping out of the ship.

Not far by, Zuko was using a telescope to see the flare signal, moving it down a little lower to see Aang fleeing from the ship with Katara. "The last airbender, quite agile for his old age. Zuko spoke to himself before turning around to his grew. "Wake my uncle! Tell him I found the Avatar." he shouts "As well as his hiding place." he spoke to himself once more.

TO BE CONTINUED>>>

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.4K 22
Book II Water, earth, fire, air Long ago the four nations lived together in harmony, then everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Only t...
6.9K 125 20
(DISCLAIMER, I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS USED IN THE STORY, ALL RIGHTS GO TO NICKELODEON AND ATLA. I AM SIMPLY JUST USING THESE CHARACTERS IN THE FF...
95K 1.9K 19
You're the daughter of the beifong's and sister to toph. When toph was born your parents put you in training to protect her but as she grew up, you k...
1M 29.1K 30
Being alone is bad. Like really bad. Nobody believes in you. Nobody loves you. All you are to her is a servant but to him you are so much more. To hi...