Athalia Quinn

By greyyskiesss

Athalia Parker Quinn is a soft-hearted, bubbly 19 year old with an unsafe life. Levi Kingston is a grumpy... More

Authors note
1 - Lollipop
2 - Swingset
3 - Friend?
4 - Thunderstorm
5 - Raspberry
6 - Get In
7 - Party
8 - Mistake
9 - Hickey
10 - Forgiveness
11 - Apology
12 - Movie
13 - Bobella
14 - Color
15 - Slow
16 - Aux
17 - Butterflies
18 - Goosologist
20 - Mission
21 - Babysitting
22 - Boyfriend
23 - Trust
24 - Momma (Part 1)
25 - Dada (Part 2)
26 - Piggy
27 - Pancakes
28 - Nothing

19 - Sunrise

5.1K 115 50
By greyyskiesss

Mr. Pretty opens the door for me, and to say thank you, I make him crouch down so I can pat his head. "Appreciate it, dude."

He takes my hand in his, and I try to ignore the positive heebiegeebies it gives me. "Don't call me that," he grumbles.

I'm lead across a mixture of grass and dirt, underneath hanging tree branches, through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest and the sea of swirly-twirly gumdrops.

Scanning ahead, I notice even more trees. How deep into the woods are we going? There isn't really a path, at least not that I can make out.

Apparently there's a log in front of me.

How do I know that?

Oh, yeah, 'cause I tripped over it.

Thank goodness I didn't bring the Ben and Jerry's ice cream with.

And thank goodness Levi's got a strong grip.

"Clumsy ass," he says under his breath, but I still hear it.

"It's kind of hard to see in the dark, y'know," I point out.

This time, he makes sure I get up and over a particularly large tree branch that's blocking whatever path we are following.

"I got you," he murmurs as he helps me get my feet back on the twig-covered ground, releasing my hand to place them on my hips.

The path loses its obstacles, other than the sticks on the ground that I pay half-a-mind to. It's hard to look down and watch where I'm placing my feet when I got a Big Booty Betty right in front of me.

Is it weird if I poke his butt?

Yeah, it is, Athalia. Don't do that.

He'd find you weird.

But he already finds me weird.

He doesn't seem to care too much so...

I poke his booty.

He shakes his head without looking at me and I giggle evilly. Hehe, got 'em!

We arrive at a clear spot of grass surrounded by trees. Levi holds his tattooed hand out again as he motions to the spot and I take hold of his finger for him to lead me through.

Why do I feel like he's 'bout to pull an Edward Cullen and tell me he's been twenty-two for a while?

Inside the little cave of trees, I realize that the branches make an opening in front of us so we can see out.

"This is the perfect place to watch the sunrise!" I exclaim, sitting down on the cold ground and pulling Levi with me. "How did you find it?"

He lowers alongside me and stretches his legs out, leaning back on his hands. "Long ass story."

"I like long stories," I state, also kicking my legs out. "I tell long stories all the time. Well, actually, more like long sentences, because I really just like to talk forever, but I don't always realize I do it, but sometimes I do because I forget what I'm saying, then I just talk nonsense..." I trail off.

"Like you're doing right now?" he finishes for me.

"Yup." I glance at him to find an easy smile on his lips. "So, want to share your long story?"

He stares at me for a moment, the smile slowly fading. Then he turns away. "Not today."

"But someday?"

"Someday," he confirms.

"Okay," I say, looking out from the trees. If he's not comfortable yet, then I'll wait for him to be comfortable. No biggie.

I'm nowhere near comfortable telling him about my mom, though he would be the person I'd open up to if anyone. But, as of right now, I'd rather he believe my home life is nothing to worry about.

The sky becomes less dark, and I begin to be more excited. "I've never seen a sunrise before. Well, of course I have, but I've never watched one."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"I'll take you more often, then."

I drag my gaze to him to find his already on me, flicking between my eyes and my lips. I don't know how we managed to get closer to each other, but there's hardly any room between us now.

I'm shamelessly studying his lips. "I like it when you smile, y'know."

He doesn't do it often, but when he does, it's impossible to keep a grin off my own lips.

He tilts his head a bit, a dark lock of hair falling out of place. There's a slight pull on his lips, raising one side upward in a simple smirk.

My eyes don't stray from him. Okay, call me a lovey-dovey lunatic, but there's something going on in both my chest and stomach.

And...another place.

But we're not going to talk about that.

I'm almost one hundred percent sure I'm making googely eyes at this man.

"Y'know what else I like?" I ask him quietly, for some reason timid.

He straightens a little, but his attention remains on me. The look in his eyes makes it seem like he knows what I'm about to say, what I'm about to confess.

I wouldn't call myself a scaredy cat. But right now I'm shakin' in my boots.

Levi leans in, lips mere centimeters apart, somehow managing to be even closer. "Tell me," he says.

My heart is beating faster than ever.

Wanna see some real speed bi—

"I like you, Levi," I admit in a breath. "I like you, and I get this weird feeling whenever I'm around you and I didn't really know what it was at first, I mean, at first all I could think about was how good you smelled and how pretty and gigantic—in a good way—you were—are, I meant, and now I'm just blabbing about the things I like about you and you can stop me anytime—"

"Alia," he interrupts, voice soft.

I hold my breath. "Yes?"

His answer is the brush of his lips on mine, the slow, painfully slow, kiss he gives me.

He doesn't pull away. He says against my lips, "I like you, too, Quinn."

I lean away for a second. "Quinn?"

He drops his head, hair tickling my chin. "Your last name, sweetheart."

"Well, yes, I'm aware, but first you called me Alia, and now it's Quinn—?"

Levi brings his gaze back up to me. "Which do you want me to call you?"

I recall the name he called me less than a minute ago, undoubtedly blushing. "Honestly, I'm leaning towards Sweetheart."

He smiles.

Gawdang, I nearly drool at his smile.

"Sweetheart it is, then," he decides, placing his lips back on mine.

There's something different about this kiss than the others. A secure arm is slipped behind me as Levi lowers my back to the ground, adjusting to be halfway on top of me.

He must've shifted his weight off of me, because I'm pretty sure I should be crushed to death by now, with him on top of me and all. But I feel perfectly fine.

Of course I feel perfectly fine, he's on my lips, his hand is on my cheek, his chest is lightly pressed against mine, his tongue—

Oh my, his tongue.

My fingers find their way to him, one hand playing with his hair while the other rests against his chest, clutching his shirt to bring him impossibly closer.

"Levi," I breathe when he trails across my jaw, down my neck.

He should stop. I don't want Mom to get mad.

But I don't want him to stop.

I never want him to stop.

His scent completely develops me, and I find myself breathing him in as he returns to my jaw, planting kisses beneath my ear.

It's like I've just ran around the world, I'm struggling to breath easily. Especially once I feel his teeth make an appearance.

"Levi," I say again, only a smidge less breathless than before.

He lifts himself off me, eyes searching mine. "Do you want me to stop?"

"No—" heck to the no, "—just, no marks. Please."

After studying me for a moment longer, he nods. "No marks. I promise."

Before he lowers himself back on me, I mention, "I don't think I've ever heard you go so long without cursing!"

He puffs a laugh, one that skitters along my skin. "Fuck that."

I don't remember when we stopped kissing, it'd been a good while, but when the sun emerges from the horizon, my head is laid against his chest, my body secured between his legs.

His chin rests on top of my head, and his arms are around me.

We're both looking out from the opening of the trees, silently staring at the blues and pinks and oranges that make up the beautiful sunrise.

"Thank you," I tell him, "for watching this with me." I pause. "And for kissing me. A lot."

I feel his smirk. "Always."

But then I feel that smirk disappear.

"What?" I ask, tilting my head back.

He lifts his chin off me, meeting my eyes.

I can tell he's debating whether or not he should tell me something, and I'm about to tell him to forget it, but then he states, "I have a mission this week."

Mission, hehe.

"It's for three days, in fucking Ohio," he goes on, shoulders tensing.

"What're you going to have to deal with?" I question carefully.

He looks out at the sunrise. "Sex trafficking and drug trafficking."

Woah, that's heavy. "Okay," I say. "Anything I can do for you?"

I know it must be tough to deal with such sickening, depressing situations. He's very strong to be able to do what he does.

His attention is back on me, a grateful look on his devastatingly pretty face. "No, that's alright. I just wanted to tell you."

I brush my finger against his arm, which lays across me. "Thank you."

He nods, and replaces his chin on my head, letting out a long breath.

Stressed enough with his job, I could never put my home life on him, too. That would only stress him out more, and the last thing I want is for me to be on his list of worries.

I nestle deeper into his hold, letting my eyes close. It's safe here—with him.

But is it safe to let myself fall too hard?

☆☆☆

Warning: mature content ahead (if you can call it that)

Fisher stares intently at me.

I stare intently at him.

He doesn't blink.

I don't blink.

He thinks he's going to win.

I know I'm going to win.

Moving my eyes to look behind him, but not blinking, I yell, "Coach just peed on your jacket!"

"What?!" He blinks, whipping around to find his jacket still draped over an oddly shaped black chair, Coach sleeping to the right of it.

"Ha! I win!" I cheer.

Fisher slowly turns to me, his eyes narrowed. "You play dirty."

I shrug innocently. "I thought I saw Coach lift his leg."

"Are you idiots done?" Maxen groans. "We want dinner, for fuck's sake."

Frannie, legs kicked up on the black granite countertop, adds on with a not-so-happy expression, "We watched you two glare at each other for way too damn long. Let's go."

River, beside her, taps her head. "Someone's hangry."

She rolls her eyes. "Shut the fuck—"

"Okay!" I cut in. "Let's go get food!"

Pivoting to meet Levi's eyes from where he leans against the island, watching me, I ask, "You comin'?"

He shakes his head. "No."

"Why not?"

"I have to be with them for three fucking days straight," he says, "I'll deal with their shit then."

"Okay," I chirp, pivoting to shout to the others, "Bring back two sides of fries please!" I turn back to Levi to find his arms crossed, dark brows lowered. "Oh, sorry. Did you want anything?"

"You aren't going to go with them?"

"No," I say. "You're going to be here, so I want to be here."

I reach up to smooth out his eyebrows, and he leans into my touch until my hands drag down to the sides of his face, and I pull his lips to mine.

He reaches a little underneath my booty, lifting me off the ground, holding me to him. I giggle onto his lips, and he kisses me deeper, as if trying to taste the sound of my laugh.

I don't know how long we've been kissing, but it's been quite some time without room for Jesus. Sorry Jesus, but I don't care. I love the feel of his lips on mine. And I can tell he does too, with how desperate each kiss is.

Someone clears their throat behind us.

I tear my lips from Levi's, who carefully puts my feet back on the ground, fingers still on my sides. We find our four friends looking at us with scared expressions.

Except Nick, who's holding a hand to his heart.

"Couldn't wait until we left?" Frannie questions, hand on her hip.

"It's like walking in on mom and dad having sex," Fisher counters, shielding his eyes with an arm.

Nick's frowning. "Why can't I find love?"

"Cause you're fuckin' annoying, now leave," snaps Levi, fingers trailing past my sides and pulling me in by my thighs.

Holy moly.

Dude needs to stop distracting me while I'm having a very deep conversation.

Frannie, Nick, Fisher and River start to head out the door, but Maxen hangs back for a second. "If you do anything nasty on the couch, where we all sit, I'll kill you."

"It's my fucking house," Levi returns.

Maxen steps outside. "Lock the damn door then."

The said door slams behind him.

I face Levi, pretending like my cheeks aren't on fire. "He's got a point."

Levi kisses my forehead. "I don't give a fuck."

I pull out of his reach, pointing at my pocket. "Swear jar!"

Rolling his eyes, he walks to kitchen counter where his wallet sits for some reason, and takes a twenty dollar bill out. With a sassy This is freaking stupid, but here look, he tucks it under my shirt.

Under my shirt.

And in my bra.

Sir.

"You touched my boob," I blurt, internally face palming myself for saying that out loud.

He smirks. "Want me to do it again?"

"Kinda." My eyes widen. "I mean—"

Please, Athalia, think before you say. Good gosh.

The smirk growing, Levi grabs my hand, and I wordlessly follow him up his dark staircase. Smart of him to hold onto me, because I can't see a single thing except his bootylicous since the lights are off, and the sun's gone.

He leads me across the catwalk, past a couple doors--one that I recognize as the bathroom where I fixed up his knuckles--and into a room that smells like his cologne. Like him.

Why is there no furniture in here?

Oh, wait.

There's furniture, I just can't see it cause it's all black.

No surprise there.

He shuts the door behind us, and what does surprise me is that he locks it. Well, that's a first.

Levi stops us before his bed, I'm guessing, and pulls me flush against him. He kisses me, soft and deep.

The taste of him is enough to make my knees buckle, so I lean against him for support.

He pulls his lips less than an inch away, his breath touching my lips. His tone is completely seductive when he murmurs, "Where, again, did you want me to touch you?"

My breath gets caught in my throat at his tone, at the swift, encouraging kiss afterwards. I somehow manage to take hold of his hand, and raise it to my chest without shaking. His fingers relax against me, and a breath leaves his lips.

"Here," I tell him, pressing his palm against my breast as if that wasn't already evident.

He finds the end of my shirt with his other hand, tugging upwards slightly, but he waits. "Can I?"

It's dark, and hopefully my bra strap covers the nasty scar on my shoulder that I'm not ready to reveal to Levi. Because I nod, not being able to find my voice.

Oh, he's about to see some real goodies.

His callouses scrape my skin as he drags my shirt up and over my head, leaving me in my purple bra with a twenty dollar bill sticking out of it.

He shamelessly looks at my girls, a smirk stretching on his lips.

He lowers those lips onto mine, and I kiss him back with my hands on his chest.

But I tug on his shirt. "It's not fair if I'm the only one without a shirt."

It's his turn to nod, directing my hands to the bottom of his shirt. I lift his shirt off, struggling a bit because he's so dang tall, so he has to help me get it over his head.

His tattoos are revealed on his tan skin, and like him, I shamelessly stare. The once colored-in tattoo is back to being plain old black, and I start to find other markings of Levi's that I will one day color.

The second his shirt is tossed to the ground, he pulls me with him as he drops on the bed.

Oh, man. This is a real comfortable mattress. Cheezits, it's so soft. It feels like I'm laying on a cloud.

I don't even realize he's flipped me underneath him until there's a silver chain dangling over my chin.

I flick it, and he kisses my smile with his.

Then his mouth leaves my lips.

And trails downward.

Under my jaw.

Over my neck.

Across my collarbone.

I don't think I'm breathing.

"Levi," I say, and I don't know why. I think it's the only thing I can say.

His lips press against the top my breast. He uses his teeth to take the money out from my bra, moving it to his hands then tossing it on the bed.

"Does that make me the--the opposite of a stripper?" I ask, breathing heavily.

His smirk is felt on my breast. "This doesn't."

He slides his hand underneath me, unclipping my bra without any struggle. I'm exposed to him a moment later, and he lowers his lips to my breast once again.

And many more times after that.

☆☆☆

Ever wonder what it's like to wake up to a thousand pounds laying on you?

Well, let me tell you, it's no piece of cake.

I've been trying to breathe for the last ten minutes. Mr. Pretty here, on the other hand, is breathing quite gracefully as he sleeps on top of me, his head resting in my neck.

But, given he's keeping me warm, and I like the feel of him on me, I don't bother trying to move him. Plus, it's not like I'd be able to.

Pshh. Who am I kidding? I'm, like, the most muscular lady ever. I could chuck him across the room if I wanted to.

It takes a lot of effort to look over at the clock.

It's 2:27 a.m.? Why in the hotdog am I awake?

I fall back asleep, somehow easily even with Levi crushing my ribs. I don't know when, but I know I felt something semi-wet press against my forehead before I think I'd fallen into a dream.

☆☆☆

"Yo, he's letting her sleep in his bed?"

"I thought he didn't let anyone in here."

"I don't, so why the hell are you fuckers here?"

"Did you two fuck?"

"None of your damn business. Fuck off."

"Bloody idiots, let's go. We're going to be late."

"Sugarplum's cute when she's sleeping. Don't you agree, bossman?"

"Yeah, now get the fuck out."

"We're waiting for you, idiot."

"Guys, we're going to wake her."

"Let's draw on her face."

"Fuck no. Fuck off."

"Don't you have a swear jar now?"

"Get in the bloody car now or I'll run you all over."

"Yes, ma'am."

☆☆☆

When I wake up again, air is sucked into my lungs with no trouble, and it only takes me a thousand blinks and a couple yawns to realize Levi is not in the bed anymore.

"Levi?" I call out as I sit up.

I notice a white box on the nightstand, a yellow piece of paper laying on top of it.

I reach over to grab it.

The note reads:

I had to leave for stupid ass Ohio. Here's your fries. The code to get into the house is on the counter, if you want to stay here with Coach while I'm gone. Be safe.

~ Levi

I open the white styrofoam box to already heated-up fries. They're not hot, but they're warm which means Levi couldn't of left that long ago. I munch on them while focusing on how insanely comfortable I am in his bed.

I don't really remember falling asleep last night. I remember him kissing me in...all places...and then feeling really, goodness, really good, then laying against his chest with him playing with a strand of my hair.

I smile at the new memory, but then realize: how am I going to survive three days without seeing him?

Authors note

SO SORRY ABOUT ROBBING YOU GUYS BUT I'M YOUNG OKAY

and, don't hate me, but I want this story to be more cute than sexual. if you don't like that, then you don't have to read this story <3

another late update, very sorry, things have been all over the place.

thank you, thank you, thank you for being so patient with me and for the love on the last chapter 🤍 i appreciate it so much

I'm not very confident with this chapter, it's kind of random, but I hope it's enjoyable lol

always be kinder than you feel

If you enjoy, please vote and follow.

Thank you for reading<3

Word count: 3602

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 7 17
Emma had the normal life. She has planned everything that happened in her 17 years of life. On the first day of her college, she does not expect to r...
1.9M 36.9K 45
*FIRST COUPLE CHAPTERS ARE CRINGE BUT GET BETTER... I HOPE :|* FIND AN UPDATED VERSION ON @waddlefreaks Arabella Carter A sixteen year old with a na...
790K 17.5K 21
He leaned down to my ear and whispered. "That's my f***ing business, doll face!" I gasped when he said the 'f' word. I looked at him wide-eyed unable...
176K 4.8K 42
Meet Caleb Parker, the cold ruthless, devilishly handsome billionaire with greek body that girls would die for. Earned his hard money by working extr...