As it Will Be (Book 2)

By boredasf2021

The Sequel to "As it Was" After Hiccup and Elsa's engagement, Elsa wanted to help Hiccup heal from everything... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 1

197 8 0
By boredasf2021

"Where are you going?" Anna asked. "You just got back like yesterday, don't you think it's time to take a break from all of the traveling?"

"I would love to, Anna." Elsa began, shuffling around her room gathering supplies and putting them in a small bag. "But Hiccup and I have something we really need to do."

"Can't it wait?" The princess asked. "I was going to start planning for the wedding."

"The wedding can wait." Elsa replied. "This is important."

"And you having your big day isn't?" Anna asked. Elsa stopped and put her hands on her dresser, then turned to Anna.

"Really Elsa, there's a lot to do." Anna said. "I've already started and I need your opinion on things."

"The wedding isn't going to happen." Elsa replied. "At least not yet. Like I said, what we have to do is important and it can't wait. The wedding can."

She closed her bag and started walking towards the door.

"Elsa are you being serious right now?" Anna asked, blocking the doorway. "Can't you leave tomorrow or something? This is important too."

"Anna, please step away from the doorway." Elsa said calmly. "We'll be back soon. We can't leave tomorrow, we have to leave now."

"Well at least tell me where you're going and why it's so much more important than your wedding day." She crossed her arms and stayed blocking the doorway.

"It's not my place to tell you, Anna." Elsa replied, a hint of frustration behind her tone. "This wasn't my idea, it was Hiccup's."

"Okay well I want to talk him out of it." Anna said. "I want to start getting everything ready."

"You're being inconsiderate." Elsa stated, trying to get passed her sister. Anna blocked her again.

"When are you going to start thinking of yourself for a change?" Anna asked loudly.

"Excuse me?" Elsa said, taking a step back, her eyes wide.

"Everything you do is for others." Anna started. "You want to protect us from Grimmel, you want to keep us happy, and now you want to help Hiccup. Seriously Elsa, think about yourself for once!"

Elsa stood motionless. Did Anna really just say that to her?

Her sister had always told her how much she admired her selflessness, now she was telling her it was time to think about herself. Elsa wanted to get married to the Viking already, as did he, but they both made an agreement that in order for their relationship to work and to be the best is if they both have the answers they've been looking for.

Elsa had hers, but Hiccup only had parts of his. He deserved it too. Elsa wanted Hiccup to be full on the day they became one, and making him get married when he had no idea who he is was not the best choice.

"I am thinking about myself." She said firmly. "This doesn't only pertain to Hiccup, it pertains to me as well."

Anna rolled her eyes, still standing firm in front of the door.

"Now move." Elsa said sternly.

Anna felt uneasy about her sisters sudden assertiveness, but didn't react. She furrowed her eyebrows and moved out of Elsa's way.

"Fine." She said.

Elsa walked passed her and walked quickly down the hall.

"I'll be here taking care of your Kingdom, like always!" She said loudly, hoping to strike a nerve in her sister.

Elsa didn't respond, she just turned the corner and began walking towards the front doors.

When she was almost there, she ran into Kristoff, causing him to drop scrolls of fabric on the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry Elsa." Kristoff said, leaning over to pick up the scrolls before a they rolled away. "I was just bringing you and Anna the fabric for your dress."

"You and Anna are in charge of the Kingdom while we're gone." Elsa stated, still walking towards the door.

"Wait what?" Kristoff asked, standing up straight. "You're leaving again? You just got back."

"Yes, I know." Elsa said. "We will be back when we're done. Take care of the Kingdom."

With those words, she was out of the doors and into the courtyard.

The ground was covered in a thin layer of snow. It was still winter in Arendelle, her favorite season. She wanted to stay behind for the Kingdom's traditions, but to her, helping her fiancé was more important than them.

She walked passed the gates and started walking towards the stables.

While on her way, she hid from any townsperson that would see her. The word of their engagement had spread fast, even though it was just a few hours ago. She didn't want to have any more conversations about the wedding, at least not right now.

"There's the future Mrs. Haddock." A voice said.

Elsa turned to the direction of the voice and smiled.

There he was. Hiccup Haddock, her fiancé. He was standing there with a big smile across his face, his arms crossed. He was leaning against Toothless, who also wore a gummy smile.

"I'm not sure I will get used to that anytime soon." Elsa replied, walking over to the pair. "I'm so used to my last name."

"Well, you will have to get used to it." Hiccup said, taking her hand. "If you want my honesty, I think it fits you. It flows right off of my tongue, like a sweet melody."

He put his hands in front of him and spread them apart as he spoke.

"Elsa Haddock." He said. "Or should I say, Queen Elsa Haddock?"

Elsa giggled.

"If we're adding titles, you'll be King Hiccup Haddock." Elsa replied with a smile.

"Oh, now that doesn't flow from my tongue." He replied chuckling. "That will take some getting used too as well."

He leaned in a kissed Elsa's cheek, causing her cheeks to turn a slight red.

Though they've been intamate before, Elsa felt more giddy knowing that they would soon be wed.

"Don't tell me someone is blushing."
Hiccup teased.

"I don't blush." Elsa said quickly. "It must be the weather or something, but I don't blush."

Hiccup tilted his head and gave a playful smirk.

Elsa looked at him, looked away, then looked back. Her cheeks got even more red.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Elsa asked.

"Because you're astonishing to me." Hiccup said, taking her in his arms. He placed his forehead on hers and closed his eyes.

"Thank you for doing this with me." He said softly. "It means the world to me."

"Anything for you." Elsa replied. "You've spent so much time on me, I thought it was only fair that I returned the favor."

Hiccup pulled his head away from hers and looked into her light blue eyes.

"For the record, you don't owe me anything." Hiccup said. "You could've easily said no and stayed here while I did it all myself. I will forever appreciate your kindness."

"Tell that to Anna." Elsa replied. "We got into a slight arguement as I was gathering my things. She's not too happy with me for leaving again."

"Well in that case, we should be on our way." Hiccup said, taking Elsa's hand and walking them towards Toothless. "The sooner we leave, the sooner we come back."

"Agreed." Elsa replied.

The two mounted Toothless, then they shot up into the sky.

The sun had already set, so the sky was filled with stars. Elsa put her hands in the air and acted as if she was going to touch them.

Hiccup looked over his shoulder at his now fiancé and a smile formed across his lips.

He didn't have the words that would express how much he loved this woman. She was everything he had been asking for and more. She was like a miracle to him.

He turned around on the saddle to face her. Elsa was too busy reaching for for the stats to notice.

He lifted his hands in the air and they met with hers. Elsa looked down from the starry sky and they locked eyes.

Hiccup slowly brought their arms down and placed them on his chest.

"I'm still in awe that you said yes." He said softly.

"How so?" Elsa asked with a slight smile.

"It felt a little hypocritical." He replied. "After what you told me about Anna, I thought for sure you would say no and that we should get to know each other a little more."

"Fair point." Elsa replied. "But the only difference is that we do know each other, and you're not some evil man who is using me to become King."

Hiccup didn't reply.

"Right?" Elsa asked, noticing his lack of response.

"Oh gods no." Hiccup replied, shaking his head. "I would marry you in a heartbeat, even if you weren't a Queen."

Elsa smiled.

"That's good to know." She said.

The couple laughed. Toothless made a sound as if he were laughing as well, which caused the couple go laugh even more.

When the laughter died down, Hiccup pulled Elsa closer to him.

"I love you." He whispered in her ear.

"And I love you as well." Elsa whispered back.

Hiccup lifted her head to his and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. When they pulled apart, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Thank you again, my Queen." He said. "I will forever be thankful for you and your dedication to me and my happiness."

"You deserve it just as much as I do." She replied, placing her cold hand on his cheek. He responded by leaning his head into it.

They sat in silence for a minute, then Elsa spoke.

"How are you feeling about all of this?" She asked.

Hiccup sighed.

"I'd rather do anything than go back there." He replied. "But I owe it to myself, to my people, to my father."

"I'm sure he's watching over you." She said. "There's not a doubt in my mind that he is proud of who you have become."

"I hope so." Hiccup said.

Elsa yawned.

"You need rest." He said. "We've both had a long day. I'll face the front so you can lean on me." Hiccup said.

"I'm alright." Elsa said, yawning again. "I want to be awake when we arrive. How much longer would you say we have?"

"Around five hours." Hiccup replied. "I'll wake you when we're close. Now rest."

Elsa knew he wasn't going to take no for an answer. She didn't argue, she just watched as Hiccup turned to face the front and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Goodnight love." Hiccup said, placing a hand on the top of her head.

"Goodnight." She replied. With those words, she drifted into a peacefull sleep.

Back in Arendelle, Kristoff and Anna Were in the study, going over some paperwork that Elsa left behind.

"I wish she would stop leaving." Anna said annoyed. "We just got her back, I just want to talk to her."

"Me too." Kristoff replied, signing his name on the dotted line. "But I understand why she's going."

"Not you too." Anna sighed. "Does anyone agree with me out here?"

"Put yourself in their shoes Anna." Kristoff replied, setting his pen down. "If you were in their shoes, you would do the same thing."

Anna opened her mouth to object, but closed it.

"That's what I thought." He said.

"You and I can both tell that Elsa found herself. I mean did you see her? She looked so happy when they came back. Hiccup was the opposite."

"What do you mean?" Anna asked, sitting next to her husband.

"Well he was happy, of course, but I could tell something was weighing on him and whatever it was, it was heavy." Kristoff answered. "We don't know much about that guy, but we know that Elsa cares for him which means that we should care for him too."

Anna pursed her lips and looked at the ground.

"You're absolutely right." She said. "Oh my god I'm a terrible sister."

"Let me guess, you said something to her before she left." Kristoff sighed. "What did you say?"

"Well, we had a little arguement." She started. "I walked into her room and saw that she was packing again, so I asked her where she was going and she basically said it was none of my business. Of course I got mad, I mean she just got back and I wanted to start planning the wedding."

"That's where you went wrong." Kristoff replied. "They got engaged only hours ago, maybe you should've slowed down a little."

"I know that now." Anna said. "But I just wanted to start planning and get things moving. The sooner she's happy, the sooner I can be happy."

"That sounds like an alterior motive." Kristoff said.

Anna raised an eyebrow.

"How so?"

"Well, you wanted Elsa to be less selfless, but it sounds to me that you need to be less selfish." Kristoff said.

"You think I'm selfish?" Anna asked, taken back by her husbands words.

"In some ways, yes." He replied.

Anna crossed her arms.

"Explain yourself." She demanded.

"You want to start planning the wedding so Elsa can be happy, correct?" He started.

Anna nodded in response.

"You said you'd be happy if Elsa was happy. It sounds sweet in a way, but you're rushing her happiness so you can feel the same. You should just be happy for her in general and not want anything in return for it."

Anna thought for a moment.

It did feel a little selfish. She was overjoyed with her sisters engagement and wanted to get the wedding planned so she could be a part of her sister's big day. Much like Kristoff said, there was an alterior motive.

"I am a terrible sister." She said. "I'll have to apologize when they get back."

With Hiccup and Elsa, the pair were still flying in the sky. Toothless made a sound, letting Hiccup know that they were close.

"Thanks bud." Hiccup said, rubbing his eyes.

While Elsa slept on his shoulder, he spent the entire flight thinking about Berk.

He had been there already, so he knew what to expect, but he still felt dread going back. Seeing his entire village, the one he swore he would protect after his father's passing, in ruins wasn't something he wanted to see again.

He sighed, then gently placed his hand on Elsa's head, letting her know it was time to wake.

"Elsa, darling." He said softly, not wanting to scare her. "We're almost there."

Elsa slowly opened her eyes and lifted her head off of his shoulder.

"Thanks." She said, stretching her arms. "Did you sleep at all?"

"For an hour or so." He replied, still looking ahead.

He didn't. He had been awake the whole time. He knew Elsa would have reprimanded him if he said no.

Elsa noticed the sun was in the sky. They had been flying for almost five hours now and her legs were feeling it.

"There it is." Hiccup said, pointing to his island.

He squinted his eyes to get a better look.

"That can't be right." He said with question.

"What's wrong?" Elsa asked, looking in the direction of his gaze.

"I think my eyes are playing tricks on me." Hiccup said. "We have to get closer."

As they got closer, what Hiccup had seen before wasn't just his eyes playing tricks on him. It was real.

"Oh my gods." He whispered.

The three of them landed on the edge of the island and the pair quickly hopped off.

"What is this?" Elsa muttered.

"There's nothing here." Hiccup said, looking around the now empty island.

"It's all gone." He said. "All of the rubble, my house, it's all gone."

"What happened to it?" Elsa asked, standing next to him.

"I don't know." Hiccup said. "Look around closely, maybe there's something that will give us a clue as to what happened to everything."

The three of them began looking around, trying to find something that would explain why the village of Berk suddenly disappeared.

It was odd. The grass didn't even have any indentions in it. It was almost as if the village was never there.

"We should split up." Hiccup said, turning to Elsa. "You and Toothless look on the village borders, I'll go further in."

"Shouldn't you be with Toothless?" Elsa asked, gesturing to the Dragon who had his head tilted, confused why Hiccup was going to look without him.

"Someone needs to protect you." Hiccup said. "We'll cover more ground if we split, it'll be faster as well."

"Why do I need protection?" Elsa asked. "There's nothing to protect me from."

"Just stay with Toothless." Hiccup said, putting his arms on her shoulders. "I'm not sure it's safe here. Grimmel might be gone, but how my village vanished is beyond me. I don't know what's out here."

Elsa gave him a confused look.

"Please." Hiccup said, his eyes filled with concern, but also assertiveness.

Elsa sighed.

"Okay." She replied.

She felt safe enough to be on her own, but didn't want to make Hiccup worried about her, so she agreed.

"Good." Hiccup said, taking his hands off of her shoulders and turning away from her.

"He knows this place like the back of his hand." He said, walking away. "Meet back here when you're done."

Elsa watched Hiccup walk away. Once he was out of her view, she turned to Toothless who was still looking in the direction of his rider.

"I guess it's just you and me." Elsa said, patting the dragon's head. Toothless made a worried sound, then looked at Elsa.

"I'm sure he'll be fine." Elsa said. "He's a strong man. You of all people, well dragons, should know that."

The two of them turned and started their search.

Hiccup, who was now far from his fiancé and best friend, kept looking for a sign of what happened to his village.

He scanned the ground, hoping to find something that would give him some sort of clue.

A few minutes passed and something caught his eye.

In the grass, there was a piece of paper. He leaned over and picked it up, then read the runes that were written on it.

I'm sure you're wondering what happened to your village. Truth is, there is no true explanation for it aside from the fact that this is the time for new beginnings.

Replace the old with the new.

Beyond the trees, there is a portal. One that will lead you to the hidden world in which you found a time ago. However, this portal can lead anywhere you want, you just have to think about where you want your destination to be.

Good luck with your new adventure.

-Valka Haddock

"My mother?" Hiccup muttered to himself. "How does she know about Berk? She died before everything happened."

He folded the paper and put it in his pocket. He then turned his gaze to the trees before him.

He started walking towards it, then stopped.

He remembered he had Elsa and Toothless on the island with him. Should he bring them with him?

He turned back to find them, but his mind was yelling at him to let them be and do this on his own.

It was his fault after all. Elsa didn't deserve to be brought into it. He wanted them together and far away from him for a reason.

He turned back to the trees and ran until he was standing in front of them.

"Okay mom." Hiccup said. "Guide me to where I'm supposed to be."

When he finsihed his sentence, there was a sound causing him to jerk his head in its direction.

Before him, there was a small red orb. He squinted his eyes, thinking his eyes were playing tricks on him again, but they weren't.

He took a deep breath and reached towards the orb. When he touched it, it expanded and he could see the hidden world through it.

He looked behind him, hoping Elsa and Toothless hadn't followed him. Luckily, they didn't.

He turned his head back towards the portal, took another deep breath, closed his eyes, and walked in.

When he felt the difference in atmosphere, he opened his eyes.

Before him was the hidden world him and his friend Astrid had found many years ago. There were hundreds of dragons flying around, some were eating fish, others were just playing.

Hiccup turned to look behind him and noticed that the portal was gone. He hoped he'd be able to open it again, otherwise, he was stuck here.

He felt terrible leaving Toothless and Elsa behind. If he couldn't get the portal to open again, they were all alone and possibly in danger.

He looked around, not understanding why he was here. He took the note out of his pocket and read it again, hoping he had missed something when he read it earlier.

"Come on mom." He said. "There has to be more."

To his demise, there wasn't.

Frustrated, he sat down on the ground and lifted his head to the top of the sanctuary.

"Mom, dad, please guide me." He muttered. "I don't even know how you left this note for me. You've been gone for some time, I just don't understand."

He put his head in his hands.

"Please help me understand."

Elsa and Toothless finsihed walking the border and were now sitting in the grass at the place Hiccup said to meet him at.

"Where is he?" Elsa asked Toothless, knowing he would respond. "It's been a couple of hours, I'm getting worried."

Toothless sounded in agreement.

"I hope he's okay." Elsa said, placing her head in her hands.

After a moment, she lifted her head up and looked at the ring on her finger.

Toothless took notice and nudged her hand, showing he too was concerned about his friend.

"I hope he didn't put himself in danger Toothless." She said, rubbing the dragon's head. "He's in an awful state of mind. Who knows what he's willing to do to get answers."

Hiccup wiped tears from his eyes. This whole thing was upsetting to him. His mom left a note, but nothing else. Nothing that was of use for him.

He felt like the loser he always was before becoming Chief. All he had left was Elsa, Toothless, and the Kingdom of Arendelle.

"How am I supposed to be King of an entire Kingdom when I can't even protect my own small village?" He said. "I'm asking again, please show me the light."

He looked up again, and closed his eyes, hoping something would happen, something that would tell him what he was supposed to do next.

"Show the light..." his voice trailed.

He opened his eyes and grabbed the paper. He held it up to the light.

Like he hoped, there was something he had missed, only this was hidden for a reason.

So you found the light.

What's next? Well, that's up for you to decide. By now, you've read the prophecy, so you know how this should end.

The Kingdoms need to be mended, however, there is only one Kingdom, the other is hidden. I'm not sure where it is, but it's out there somewhere waiting for your arrival. The only thing I was able to recover from the prophecy I possessed was that it is not too far from here, a few days journey, west.

I wish you best of luck son.

-Valka Haddock

"A Kingdom west of here?" Hiccup said. "Gods, I have got to go."

He stood up and turned back to the direction of the portal in which he came from. Thankfully, the orb was still there.

He touched it and the part of Berk he came from appeared inside of it.

"Thank the gods." He muttered.

He walked through.

"Okay it's been too long." Elsa said, standing up. "I say we go look for him."

"Look for who?" A voice answered.

Elsa turned her head in its direction. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw who it was.

"Hiccup, thank the gods." She said. "I thought something happened to you. It's been hours."

"My apologies." He said. "I'm alright."

He stood in front of Elsa who was giving him a look.

"Well?" She asked. "Did you find anything?"

"I found a note from my mother." He said, pulling the note from his pocket.

"Your mother?" Elsa asked, confused. "I thought she.."

"She was dead?" Hiccup finished. "She is, but she left this behind. It was the only thing I found on this island."

He handed Elsa the note and she began reading it.

"This doesn't make any sense." She said. "It was like she wrote this fairly recently, how is this possible?"

"That's what im confused about." Hiccup said. "But it says that there is a Kingdom not too far from here. Just a few days journey west."

"A Kingdom?" Elsa asked.

"It's the other Kingdom we have to mend with Arendelle, like the prophecy had said."

Elsa turned the note around.

"Where does it say that?" She asked. "This note doesn't say anything of the sort."

"That's because you have to be in the hidden world to see that portion of the note." He replied.

"The hidden world?" Elsa asked. "This is the hidden world?"

"No, you have to go through some sort of portal to make it there. When I got there, I held it up to the light. That's when I saw the rest of it." Hiccup replied, taking the note back from her hands and putting it back in his pocket.

"A portal?" Elsa asked. "You went through a portal without us?"

"Well, uh, yes. I did." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Why did you do that?" Elsa asked, putting her hands on her hips. "I thought we were doing this together."

"We are." Hiccup replied, his voice sounding nervous. "I just didn't feel the need to come back and get you two. I thought it'd be better if I went on my own."

Elsa didn't reply. She just took her hands off of her hips and dropped her shoulders.

"I know, I know." Hiccup started. "I should've come back. That's on me. But this is all my fault, I didn't want to drag you along with me in case anything bad happened."

"I didn't want you to come with me on my adventures in case anything bad happened to you." Elsa stated calmly. "But you still chose to. I would like the same option."

"I understand." Hiccup replied.

He felt awful. He was doing everything wrong again. His mind was flooded with thoughts about his village and his mother. He didn't understand anything that was happening at the moment.

"Hiccup, I want to be there for you." Elsa said, placing her hands on his arms which were placed across his stomach. "I know you're upset about all of this, but please, let me help you the way you helped me."

Hiccup looked at her.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." He said. "I want to keep you safe."

"You do keep me safe." Elsa replied. "But I want you safe as well. You can't do this alone."

Hiccup sighed and looked back at the ground.

"I don't know what I'm doing Elsa." He said. "I can't put you in danger because of my mistakes and choices, it's not fair."

"You did the same for me." Elsa said.

"It's different." Hiccup said, looking back at her. "I can't lose you, not now, not ever. I don't want you getting hurt."

"And I understand that." Elsa said, taking her hands off of his arms.

"But I don't care."

Hiccup furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't care if I get hurt." Elsa started. "I've been hurt before, and I will be hurt again. It is inevitable for I am prone to it. This is my decision, not yours. I'm choosing to help you whether you want me to or not."

Hiccup let a slight smile form across his lips.

"You're starting to sound like me." He said.

"I learned it from you." She replied, smiling back.

Hiccup pulled her in and hugged her.

"Thank you." He said, burying his head in her shoulder.

"Always." Elsa replied.

Hiccup pulled away for their embrace.

"We should go west." He said. "We're running out of time."

"Running out of time?" Elsa asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Running out of time for what? There's no immediate danger."

"I just want to get over with all of this." He said. "Plus, the sooner we get back, the sooner I can marry you."

Elsa let out a small laugh.

"Fair enough." She said. "Anna already wanted to plan it. Who knows, maybe she already has everything set up."

"Oh I sure hope not." Hiccup said. "There are traditions we both must follow." He began walking towards Toothless.

"Traditions?" Elsa asked, following her fiancé. "What kind of traditions?"

"There are so many." Hiccup replied, helping her mount Toothless. "I'm sure you have your own traditions."

He mounted Toothless and strapped his prosthetic leg in place.

"We have some, but not many." Elsa said. "I'd love to hear about yours."

"As I would with yours." Hiccup replied. "You ready?" He turned back to look at her.

"I'm always ready." She replied with a smile.

With those words, the three shot into the sky and began their journey west.

Back in Arendelle, Anna was walking around town holding a piece of paper with wedding preparations she had made before Elsa's departure from the Kingdom.

"Princess Anna!" A townsperson shouted from across the sidewalk.

Anna took her eyes off of the piece of paper and looked at the origin of the voice.

There was a young man running towards her. He kept going until he came to a stop in front of the Princess.

"What's wrong?" Anna asked, noticing his worry and lack of breath. "Don't tell me we're under attack again."

"No, not that." The man said, catching his breath. "Definetly not that. We found a man in the shore and he needs help."

Anna's eyes widened.

"A man?" She asked. "On the shore? What does he need?"

"He's alive, but he hasn't woken up." The man said, standing up straight. He finally caught his breath. "There are no sings of injury."

"Well that's good." Anna replied. "Where is he? Could you take me to him?"

The man nodded and motioned for Anna to follow. She did.

They ran until the reached the house of the Elders. The man knocked on the door and moments later it opened.

"Sir Landon, I have brought the Princess here to help the man who was found on the shore." The man said.

"Princess Anna, I'm glad you are here." Landon said. "He's alive, but unconscious. I don't think there is much we can do but wait for him to wake up."

"Can I see him?" Anna asked. She was quite nervous. Elsa was the only one who had really talked to the Elders. She was the Queen after all.

"Of course." Landon replied. He walked back inside of his house. The man stayed outside, but Anna walked in and closed the door behind her.

Landon led her to a room. Inside of the room, there was a rather large man with blonde hair lying on the bed. Gwen, who was Landon's wife, was sitting in the chair next to the bed holding a wet rag on the man's forehead.

"Where exactly did you find him?" Anna asked, getting closer to Gwen. "On the shore I mean."

"Near the outskirts of Arendelle." Landon replied. "He's not injured, just not awake. Gwen is doing her best to get him to wake, but he hasn't yet."

"On the outskirts?" Anna questioned. Landon nodded in response.

"No one is supposed to go there." She stated. "Who found him?"

"The man who brought you here." Landon said. "He said he was following his young child who had run off. That's when he found him."

"Children can be reckless." Anna said with a slight laugh. "I'm just glad he's alive."

After she said those words, she took a closer look at the man.

He was definetly not from Arendelle, maybe not even somewhere near here. His clothes resembled Hiccup's. Maybe he was from the same area as the Viking. He did look Viking-like after all.

"Do you find anything that would tell us where he's from?" Anna asked.

"We're pretty certain he's a Viking of some sort, but we're not sure which tribe." Gwen replied, putting the rag back in the bowl of water on the nightstand.

"There's no way of telling until he wakes." She finished.

"I think it would do a great deal if Queen Elsa were to come look at him." Landon said. "Her powers might be able to help him wake."

"About that." Anna began. "Elsa isn't here at the moment. She left late last night with her fiancé Hiccup. I'm not sure how long she will be gone, but she'll be back."

"She left again?" Gwen asked. "How many times is she going to leave Arendelle?"

"She has a Kingdom to take care of, Princess Anna." Landon said. "There are still things she has to do after that vile man raided the Kingdom."

"I know, I know." Anna said. "I told her the same thing, but she was adamant."

"Did she at least tell you why she was leaving?" Landon asked.

"She said it had something to do with Hiccup, but it wasn't her place to tell." Anna replied. "That's all she said."

"They must be finding the answers for the King of Dragons." Gwen said, standing up from her chair.

"Answers?" Anna asked. "What answers?"

"Did the Queen not tell you anything about Hiccup's past?" Landon asked.

Anna shook her head.

"He's a troubled man, Princess Anna." Landon began. "I'm not sure how much you already know about him, but he was the Chief of his tribe in the village of Berk. Before he came here, his village burned down entirely, all of his people as well, leaving him with nothing. He also lost his mother and father a few years back at separate times."

"I had no idea." Anna said, dropping her shoulders.

Now she felt even worse.

Kristoff was right. They didn't know much about Hiccup, but with what she just found out, she knew it wasn't her place to be upset with the Viking for leaving with her sister.

He deserved his answers just as much as Elsa did.

"I'll take it you know about the prophecy?" Anna asked.

Landon nodded.

"Seriously, has everyone heard about it but us?" Anna said, throwing her hands up in the air.

"We only know of it because of your mother and father." Gwen said. "They were going to wait until you and your sister were of age to tell you about it, but they never got the chance before they left this world."

"Oh, I understand." Anna said. "Hiccup and Elsa are a big part of the prophecy."

"We know of that." Landon said. "We've never read it, neither did your parents, but we knew of it. We only know what has already happened."

"As do we." Anna answered. "Elsa read the whole prophecy, but she said it didn't really make sense to her."

"How so?" Landon asked, shooting her a confused look.

"It didn't really explain things the way they had hoped." Anna said, shrugging her shoulders. "It explained what was going to happen, but not how it was going to happen."

"That's odd." Landon said, putting his finger on his chin. "Did she happen to bring back the book?"

Anna shook her head.

"She said they decided to leave it there." She said. "They could always go back and read it again if they forgot something."

Before Landon could speak, the three of them shot their head in the direction of the man lying on the bed.

He began moving and shortly opened his eyes.

"Sir?" Gwen asked, gently placing a hand on his arm. "Sir, are you alright?"

The man rubbed his eyes and slowly sat up.

"Where am I?" He asked, looking around the room. "This isn't my village."

"You're right, it isn't." Green said. "Don't overwork yourself, you were unconscious for a while."

"Unconscious?" He asked, looking at Gwen with a puzzled look. "What happened?"

"A young man found you on the shore." Anna replied. "He brought you back here to the Elders' house."

"Oh I'm a heavy sleeper." He said, stretching his arms. "I must've fallen asleep while riding and fallen into the water or something."

That's when Anna noticed his arm. It seemed to be replaced with a wooden stick of some sorts.

"Wait, riding?" Anna asked. "Riding what?"

"Oh just my dragon." The man replied.

Anna's eyes widened. She leaned into Landon's ear and spoke.

"Hiccup has a dragon." She said. "Do you think he could be from Berk?"

"I'm not sure." Landon whispered back. "The village was burned down, taking all of the ones who resided in it with it, but maybe one survived."

Anna looked at Landon, then back to the man.

"Dragon you say?" She asked, sitting down on the bed next to him. "May I ask you where you're from?"

"Absolutely!" The man said. "I am from the village of Berk."

Anna shot Landon a glance.

"I'm familiar with that name." She said. "What is your name?"

The man coughed, then turned towards her, sticking his good hand out for a handshake.

"The name's Gobber."

————————————
There ends the first chapter of the sequel to "As it Was".

I will be doing the same thing with this book as I did in the last one. I'll upload this chapter, then write all of the others and publish them all at once.

But hey, I can't resist leaving you all on a cliff hanger!

I'm going to do my best to catch every little spelling and grammar error in this one. I went back and proof read the last book, but I still missed some things. My chapters are rather long and I usually write at the end of the day so my eyes sometimes glance right over my mistakes.

Thank you for reading this book.

Also note that I have put this story in the "Mature" catergory. I don't think anything I would describe would be too graphic or sexual, but I'd rather be on the safe side.

Thank you again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 269 10
|| Book 1 of 2 || Dragons intrigue Marish and there is only one person who loves them as much as she does. The question is whether she can help defen...
71.5K 1.5K 21
First of all, this is a sequel novel for the first book --> FROZEN-(hiccelsa) . so you may need to read that one first. This story take place during...
3.3K 67 31
THIS STORY IS A SEQUEL. IF YOU DO NOT READ THE FIRST BOOK YOU MAY BE CONFUSED. -------------------------- "Our worlds have been torn apart for centur...
3.2K 187 20
I tried to reach the spark that was burning inside of you, not knowing if it would bring warmth or cold. How do you find love without finding hate wh...