Girls Don't Know Jack

By mmjayoh

Wilcrest Girls Academy is an all-girls private school - or it was, until Jack Moody entered the halls. 8:35... More

Love at First Bell
Adam Sandler Core
Body Mist and Bike Rides
Second Worst Day of My Life
Sick Days
Call Me Barf-Bag
Our Lord and Savior, Celine Dion
Progressive Parenting
Wilcrest Academy for Murderers
Party Crashers
Crash and Burn
Worst Case Scenario
Blondes Have More Fun
Cheech and Chong
A Case of The Scaries
World's Proudest Father
Delinquent Behaviors
Surprise Visit
Late Night Drives
Jealousy's a Disease, Get Well Soon
He Goes to Another School
Alfredo and Pain
Homewrecker
Shantay, You Stay
The Enemy in Mary Janes
Dancing Shoes
Sh*t Friends
Picking Up The Pieces
Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
John Cusack Wannabe
Opposite Day
The Girl Gang of Misfit Teens
Pinch Me
Soak It In
Characters
The Full Playlist

Claws Come Out

142 20 31
By mmjayoh

♫ Rumors (feat. Cardi B) - Lizzo, Cardi B

After my picture-perfect moment with Jack Moody, I walk back towards my friends on cloud nine. Every eye on me, I put on my best strut as I flip my wavy brown bob.

But then, my friends' faces burst my bubble. Arms crossed, scowls etched into their faces, they glare back at me as I approach.

Wrinkling my nose, I mumble, "Geez, what's your problem?"

"You missed our song," Naila spits, bouncing her little head into my face.

"Uh—I'm sorry, but did you miss what just happened?" I gasp motioning an arm to the dance floor. "I just danced with Jack Moody."

Unimpressed, Naila crosses her arms tighter, rolling her big brown eyes. The bad attitude feels comical on her baby face. "It was One Direction," she pouts. "You don't leave your friends hanging on One Direction."

With an exaggerated groan I wave her off. "Oh my god, don't be a baby," I moan. "We danced together all night."

Her lower lip pouts out—her anger turning to pained betrayal, forcing me to feel a pang of guilt.

"It's tradition," she squeaks before brushing past me, stomping out of the large room. Her brown curls bouncing on the top of her head as she storms off.

"Way to go, Molly," Jade huffs. "You upset Naila."

She starts to march off after her as I call out, flailing my arms. "It was Jack Moody!"

Annoyed, I shake my head as the two of them disappear out of the gym. Did they really expect me to turn him down?

With rolling eyes, I stomp back towards the folding chairs. Slumping into one, I bite down on my cheek.

My friends are so unsupportive. The biggest moment of my high school career just unfolded and they couldn't care less. They're probably just sour because they're jealous.

A body crashes onto the chair beside me. And to my dismay, it's none other than Tina Parker.

Greasy hair slicked back into a top knot, she grabs at the fuzzy cream cardigan around her shoulders. "Did you see where Jack Moody just went?"

Piquing my interest, I lean forward in my chair frantically surveying the crowd. In the sea of hairspray and colorful tiny dresses, I make out Emma's old friends. The empty chairs he was last seated in—but no Jack Moody.

More concerning, I can't locate Emma McKinney either.

Eyes wide, I turn back to the sweaty girl in the chair next to me. "Where are they?"

With a smug smile, Tina Parker wiggles her brows. "Emma pulled him into a supply closet in the hall," she says to me. "They're probably hooking up right now."

And at that admission—something inside of me breaks.

.........

My skinny high heels clack into the shiny floor of the hallway as I stomp. But they're slowing me down, so I pause, ripping them off of my feet one at a time before throwing them against the wall to my left.

I'm on a mission—I don't have time to teeter on the things.

Face tense and twisted, I march straight ahead to the two figures at the end of the hall. One with a shiny blonde topknot that's about to be yanked out.

"Emma McKinney!" I roar and she whips her head around. Sarah Johnson drops her once comforting hand from her friend's shoulder as I meet Emma's watery eyes and pink nose.

Mouth agape, I shake my head slowly at her. "You've fucked up for the last time, McKinney."

The blonde girl scrunches her thin brows together, jerking her head back. "Me? Molly, you're the one who fucked me over."

A scoff escapes me as I throw my hands up. "Right, Emma. You just couldn't stand to see Jack happy with me, so you had to drag him out to—"

"Jack Moody was my date," Emma exclaims stepping towards me, her red-headed friend gripping on to her elbow in an attempt to hold her back.

Poking my nose an inch from her face, I narrow my eyes. "The only reason he even agreed to come here with you is out of pity," I spit.

She rolls her eyes, shaking her head just as new footsteps fill the hall. Turning our heads, I watch as Jack Moody rounds the corner, freezing when he sees us.

"Go on, tell her," I call over to him. "Tell her you only brought her to the dance because she cornered you in the hall in front of everyone."

Parting his mouth, Jack's tongue presses into the back of his teeth as he rolls his eyes softly with a sigh.

At his silence, Emma takes it as a victory, stepping towards me yet again with fiery eyes. "You just can't stand the fact that Jack Moody will never be into you."

Her words turn my blood hot. And like a predator to prey, I lurch. My hands connect with her blonde hair and I rip it from its roots as she yelps, desperately attempting to swat me away.

Sarah Johnson tries to get in on the mix, coming to her master's aide, but they're no match for my fury.

"Molly!" familiar voices flood the hall. "What are you doing!"

My open palm swats against Emma's soft cheek as colorful sharp nails dig into my bare skin.

A few sets of hands grab onto my shoulders as more voices scream out, "Stop it! Let go!"

An animalistic deep growl comes from me as I'm lifted into the air, before being dropped back on my bare feet.

My friends—Naila and Jade stare at me in horror as Jack removes his arms from my waist. He narrows his eyes at me, shaking his head.

"You're pathetic, Molly Clark," Emma spits, her blonde hair messy and standing on end.

"And you're a whore," I exclaim balling my fists at my sides from where I stand across the floor.

Defensively, Jack steps between us, pressing an elbow against my chest as a soft warning.

At my insult, Emma jerks her head back widening her eyes. "I'm the whore?" she squeaks attempting to press back towards me. "You're the one who flashed your tits and let Jack fondle you in a Burger Shack parking lot."

My jaw drops to the floor. The scratches on my arms from her nails starting to burn, sticking up in red splotches against my pale freckled skin.

Sticking one finger over Jack Moody's shoulder towards Emma's face, I seethe, "Even if that were true, you're one to talk. You've been whoring yourself out to Jack Moody for weeks!"

Jack whips around to face the blonde girl who stumbles backwards, blue eyes flashing with anger. Her friend, looking wide eyed between her and the dark headed boy across from them.

"You said that?" Emma gasps eyeing the lanky boy.

His brows lower, looking at me and then back to her. His mouth parts to speak but then—Emma's open hand connects with Jack's cheek with a smack.

Stunned, he stands gaping back at us.

With wide eyes, I stare at my friends in shock. They only frown, scowling back at me from where they've pressed themselves against the wall of the corridor.

Emma lifts her chin, almost touching her nose to Jack's. "You're a fucking pig."

Stepping backwards, she runs a hand over her hair, smoothing the mess back down as she turns to me. "Molly Clark, you can have him. You two are a perfect match," she seethes.

Turning on her silver heels she begins to click down.

Sarah attempts to come to her friend's defense, stepping towards me to say, "Molly, what is wrong with you?"

"Oh, go after Emma," I grumble waving her off. "Try sticking your nose even further up her asshole."

Crossing my arms, I watch as the girl shakes her long, shiny red hair in horror before breaking into a dainty jog to catch up with Emma, wrapping an arm around her as they disappear out of view.

My chest pumps up and down, adrenaline racing through my body after such an event.

But, I've won—Emma McKinney's given up.

So I turn back to my prize—who stares down at me with dark narrowed eyes.

Not able to stop the smile spreading onto my face, I step towards him. He shakes his head, mouth still parted as he holds his hands up to stop me.

"What the fuck, Molly?" he breathes.

Confused, I jerk my head back. "What? She was being—" I try to explain, but he cuts me off.

"I can't do this." he steps backwards from me. "I can't do any of this—everyone at this school is fucking nuts."

He presses a hand to his cheek, rubbing his wound as he backs down the hall towards the exit. Leaving me stunned and ego bruised, I turn to my last remaining friends for comfort.

Naila and Jade remain pressed against the wall of the hallway. Jade's arms crossed over her black jumpsuit, she shakes her head at me as I look to them with desperate eyes.

Wrapping an arm around Naila's shoulders, she drags the small girl away from me.

Seriously? They're just going to leave me here—alone. After everything?

This is the time I could actually use some friends. But hey, with friends like those, who needs them.

With a heavy groan, I rub my forehead before turning around, bare feet pattering across the floor, I walk over to retrieve my shoes.

How on Earth did I go from the top of the world to hitting a new low in a matter of minutes? It feels miserable, and as the adrenaline begins to leave my body, the painful reality only settles in deeper.

Molly Clark, I think you may have really messed it up this time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 1.9K 45
|| wattpad-featured || || romance reads 2020 2nd place winner || ❝i hope you're not afraid of heights.❞ ❝why so?❞ ❝cause we're gonna fly. ❞ β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬ A...
121K 2.9K 30
She's a third year griffindor and best friends with lily Evans. But one night changes everything, As she disappeared in to the darkness, no one kn...
18.2K 1.6K 38
Mikael Volkov was certain he knew what his type was in guys. But after transferring to a new high school and getting on that first bus, he was blown...
102 0 24
[COMPLETED] Handsome and charming, young teacher, Grayson Parker is pumped to teach his first class at a local high school that he and his fr...