[3] The Daughter of Nurse Joy...

By FantasyWriter345

After winning the Orange League, Cora Joy and her friends are now exploring the Johto Region to compete in th... More

Don't Touch That 'dile
Black Arachnid
Cora Joy vs. The Elegant Master of Flying Pokémon
Going Apricorn!
Cora Joy vs. The Walking Bug Pokémon Encyclopedia
Tricks of the Trade
Hour of the Houndour
The Psychic Sidekicks
Cora Joy vs. The Incredibly Pretty Girl
Two Hits and a Miss
Mewtwo Returns
The Burned Tower
Cora Joy vs. The Mystic Seer of the Future
Moving Pictures
Freeze Frame
All That Glitters!
Ring Masters
The Kecleon Caper
Celebi: The Voice of the Forest
The Light House
Cora Joy vs. His Roaring Fists Do the Talking
Around The Whirlpool
The Silver Wing
Whirl Cup Competition: Preliminary Rounds
Whirl Cup Competition: Sudden-Death Opening Matches
Whirl Cup Competition: First & Second Semifinals
The Family of Lugia
Cora Joy vs. The Steel-Clad Defense Girl
For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll!
The Extreme Pokémon Race
Lance and the Red Gyarados
The Lost Piloswine
Cora Joy vs. The Teacher of Winter's Harshness
The Eevee Evolution Lab
The Dragon's Den
Cora Joy vs. The Blessed User of Dragon Pokémon
Pokémon Heroes: Latios & Latias
Welcome Larvitar!
The Unown
The Pokémon Reserve
The Johto League Torch
The Silver Conference Begins!
The Final Battle Rounds
Silver Conference Finals
The Silver Conference Ceremony
To The Hoenn Region!
Pokémon Obtained Update
Upcoming Sequel

Whirl Cup Competition: Finals

1K 23 4
By FantasyWriter345

Today is the final day of the Whirl Cup Competition. Cora has emerged victorious through all her matches. She is now facing against Bert Henrikson for the Mystic Water Pendant and the title Water Pokémon Alpha Omega.

=================

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the final day of the Whirl Cup Competition. Throughout the battles, it was spectacular and wonderful of Water Pokémon Battle! Today we are witnessing two last talented trainers and their Pokémon, as they battle each other out for the title of Water Pokémon Alpha Omega."

The audience cheered, loudly.

"Now let's welcome our competitors who has made it to the final round!"

Both competitors walked onto the platform, appearing.

"We have Cora Joy versus Bert Henrikson. Battling in the final match of the Whirl Cup."

"Here are the rules of the final match. Each trainer is allowed to use three Pokémon, the first trainer to knock out all three opposing Pokémon is the winner." The referee explained, the rules.

"Feraligator, show them who's boss." Bert sent out the big jaw Pokémon.

"Feraligatorrrr!" The big jaw Pokémon roared.

"Bert has chosen his strong Feraligator as his first Pokémon. Who will Cora choose?"

Cora held out a Pokéball, "Let's go, Rory!" She sent out the shiny Atrocious Pokémon.

"Gyararrrrr!" Rory appeared, with a sparkle and roared.

"We have Bert's Feraligator against Cora's Gyarados."

"Ready..." The referee raised both red and green flags into the air, "And begin!"

"Feraligator use Ice Beam!" Bert started off.

"Rory, Flamethrower." Cora countered.

Both Ice Beam and Flamethrower collided in the center of the field, creating a misty smoke.

"We can't see anything in this smoke."

"Feraligator, in the water!" Bert shouted towards the smoke.

"Feraligator!" The big jaw Pokémon dove into the water.

"Iron Tail!" Cora called out.

Rory dove into the water, he saw the Big Jaw Pokémon and he quickly swam towards it, with his tail glowing metallic color and he slammed it onto the stomach of Feraligator, sending it out of the water, into the sky.

"Woah! What was that?! It's Feraligator!"

Bert looked up, shocked that his Pokémon is out, he was wondering what happened.

"Twister!" Rory roared as he spun around in the water, creating a water tornado, shooting straight up.

"Feraligator!" The Big Jaw Pokémon shouted, surprised and it fell within the Twister, spinning round and round.

"Feraligator, use Dragon Claw!" Bert commanded.

Feraligator claws extended with a green claw sharp aura, it sliced the Twister and landed on the platform with a huge splash.

Rory resurfaced, snarling at the Big Jaw Pokémon and Feraligator growled back.

"Feraligator... It's exhausted already." Bert said, disbelief.

Feraligator is currently panting heavily, getting the Iron Tail and the Twister attack hitting it and the breaking free of the Twister took a lot out of it.

"That Gyarados is still staying tall like it was nothing. Unbelievable..." Bert murmured, "Feraligator, Dragon Dance and Liquidation!"

"Rory, Dragon Dance." Cora countered.

"Feraligatorrrr!" The Big Jaw Pokémon roared out, as it's attack and speed is raised and then it vanished in liquid before reappearing, tackling the shiny atrocious Pokémon.

Rory roared as his attack and speed is raised, the attack, Liquidation hits but he ignores the pain, standing tall and strong.

"Hyper Beam." Cora ordered, simply.

"Gyaraaaa..." Rory begins to charge up an orangish energy in his mouth.

"Gyarados stays strong after being attack and is now charging up a Hyper Beam attack."

Bert paled, "Oh no! Feraligator, use Ice Punch quickly!" He exclaimed out.

Feraligator charged its right fist with icy blue color towards Rory who slides his body out of the way and fires the Hyper Beam attack towards the Big Jaw Pokémon.

"Gator? GATORRRRR!" Feraligator roared out in pain as the Hyper Beam hits it and sent it flying towards the opponent side of the field, crashing into the wall.

"Ohhh and Feraligator got a direct hit from the Hyper Beam attack."

Feraligator falls into the water and resurfaces with swirling eyes.

"Feraligator is unable to battle!" The referee declared, raising the red flag, "Gyarados is the winner."

"Cora takes the first match of the final round!"

The audience cheered loudly.

====================

"Alright Cora!" Mairin cheered.

"Way to go!" Misty cheered.

"Awesome!" Alain cheered.

The Pokémon cheered as well.

==================

"Now Bert has to choose his second Pokémon, what will it be?"

Bert takes out a Pokéball, "I'll do what I can! Go Mantine!" He sent out his next Pokémon.

"Mannn!" The kite Pokémon appeared.

"Gyarrr." Rory growled at the new Pokémon on the field.

"Cora is staying with her Gyarados."

"Mantine, use Bubble Beam!" Bert commanded.

"Stone Edge, Rory." Cora countered.

Mantine fired Bubble Beam attack from its mouth and Rory summons some stone shard and threw them towards the Bubble Beam.

Both Bubble Beam and Stone Edge collided, creating a small explosion.

"Signal Beam!" Mantine fired a multi-color beam towards the shiny atrocious Pokémon.

"Dark Pulse." Rory fires a dark purplish attack towards the Signal Beam, cancelling it out, "Now Iron Head." The shiny atrocious Pokémon charged forward.

Mantine couldn't react fast enough, and it was hit head on, "MANNNN!" It cried out in pain as the Iron Head attack, send it into the water.

"Mantine!" Bert shouted out.

"Man..." Mantine resurfaced, with injures.

"Hydro Pump." Rory launched a large stream of water from his mouth towards the kite Pokémon.

"Mirror Coat!" Bert countered.

Mantine's body glowed mirror-glaze like and when the Hydro Pump hits it, it held its place in the water, "MANNNTINEEE!" It reflects the Hydro Pump back with twice the power.

"Ice Beam." Rory fired an icy beam hitting the Hydro Pump and freezing it, the frozen attack still continues to move forward, "Hit it back with Iron Tail." His tail glowed metallic color and he sliced the frozen Hydro Pump into shards, he then uses Aqua Tail to toss the shards into the Aqua Tail and heading towards the kite Pokémon.

"Unbelievable! When Gyarados fired the Hydro Pump it was returned back with twice the power by Mantine Mirror Coat and then it was frozen by the Ice Beam and sliced into piece, thrown back with Aqua Tail that has shards of ice in it!"

The audience cheered.

==================

"I never realized that Rory was so powerful." Misty commented.

"Well, he's probably stronger than any other Gyarados." Ash added.

"Cora has raised him well." Trinity stated.

"You would be surprised." Mairin said.

===================

"Mantine quick Double Team!" Mantine copied itself into multiple and scattered around the field.

"Mantine avoids it by using Double Team. Which is the real Mantine is the question!"

"We can't find the real one, we'll attack them all." Cora muttered. Then she remembered what Trinity's Chinchou did when Kenji used Double Team, "Rory, use Rain Dance and then Thunder."

The dark clouds had electricity and loud sound of Thunder was heard and seen.

BOOM! A few Thunder strikes struck down onto all the kite Pokémon, shocking it.

All Mantine was struck, but the real kite Pokémon cried out in pain and as it was electrocuted.

The attack stopped and Mantine had swirling eyes with burnt marks on it.

"Mantine is unable to battle!" The referee declared, raising the red flag, "Gyarados is the winner."

"Bert is down to his final Pokémon. While Cora still has all three of her Pokémon."

"Even if I do manage to take out her Gyarados, there is still two full Pokémon left... This is it... Gyarados, I'm counting on you." Bert sent out his atrocious Pokémon.

"Gyararrrr!" Bert's Gyarados appeared with a roar.

"Gyararrr!" Rory roared back.

"This is going to be an exciting match! We're going to see Gyarados against Gyarados! Who will win?!"

The audience got really excited and hyped up, cheering loudly.

==================

"Go Rory!" Misty cheered.

"You can do it!" Brock cheered.

"Beat him, Cora!" Mairin cheered.

=================

"Let's turn this up a notch!" Bert said, as he reveals his Key Stone that is attached to his watch-like bracelet.

The referee looked at the bracelet, "A Key Stone." He said, it's rare to see Mega Evolution in Johto.

"A Key Stone? Which means..."

Bert touched his Key Stone and it began to glow and shine, "Gyarados, go beyond evolution! Mega Evolve!" He exclaimed.

Gyaradosite appeared on Gyarados' crown head, it glowed and shined, changing its form, it roared out in its Mega Form with a DNA Symbol appeared transparent above it before disappearing.

Cora places two fingers on her Key Stone as it glowed for a second, "Well, if you play it that way. Rory." She said.

Rory growled, he slammed his tail on the water, he's ready.

"Key Stone, let our hearts unite one!" Cora's Key Stone shines bright, "Go beyond evolution! Mega Evolve!" She called out.

Rory roared, as his body glowed and changing form, "GYARARRRR!" He roared out, in his Mega Form.

"A MEGA BATTLE IT IS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!"

The audience went wild.

==================

"This battle is going to be awesome." Brock said.

"Definitely. I've never seen a Mega Evolve battle." Ash added, beamed with excitement.

Trinity gasped, in shock.

Misty was awed and drooling almost, this is going to be amazing.

Alain grinned in response, excited.

Kilala, Pikachu, Chespie, Jevin and Togepi cheered loudly for Rory.

===================

Both Mega Pokémon roared and glared at each.

"Mega Gyarados use Dragon Pulse!" Bert commanded.

"Dark Pulse." Cora countered.

Mega Gyarados fires a greenish orb towards the shiny Mega Atrocious Pokémon who fired a dark purplish spiral beam back.

Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse, cancelled each other out, creating an explosion in the center.

"Here we go again!"

"Thunder Tail." Rory roared as he charged through the smoke, his tail glowed with electricity around it, and he slammed it down on Mega Gyarados.

"GYARARRR!" Mega Gyarados roared out in pain, it flinched from the electricity as well.

"Mega Gyarados, use Thunder!" Bert shouted out.

"Absorb and redirect!" Cora countered, immediately.

Mega Gyarados fires a Thunder attack and Rory's tail glowed metallic color, he stuck it up and the Thunder hits it, absorbing it and he struck Thunder Tail once more on the mega atrocious Pokémon.

"GYARARRRR!" Once again, Mega Gyarados roared out in pain, twice, getting hit by the Thunder Tail.

The smoke cleared up.

Everyone could see that Bert's Mega Gyarados is many damage marks on it.

"We can see! And it looks like Bert's Mega Gyarados looks like it has taken a lot of damage."

"Ice Beam." Rory fired an icy beam towards Mega Gyarados and it froze it.

"No!" Bert exclaimed out.

"Hyper Beam." Rory began to charge up an orange beam in his mouth.

"Could this be it for Bert's Mega Gyarados?"

"Gyarados! Use Iron Tail!" Bert shouted out.

Mega Gyarados responded, as it shook the ice, hardly.

Bert noticed this, "Yes! Mega Gyarados I know you can break free!" He encouraged.

"Rory, Hyper Beam." Cora ordered.

Rory let loose the Hyper Beam attack towards the mega Atrocious Pokémon.

BOOM! Explosion happened and as the smoke began to clear, after the smoke is completely gone.

"Did Bert's Mega Gyarados survive?!"

Mega Gyarados burst out of the smoke and uses Ice Fang, biting Rory on the side.

"Oh, and Bert's Mega Gyarados was able to break out of its frozen prison and fights back with an Ice Fang!"

"Gyararr!" Rory roared out, feeling a part of his body frozen and then his body had static around it.

Bert's eyes widened, he realized the next attack, "Oh no! Mega Gyarados, use Scald now!" He commanded.

Mega Gyarados pulled back and fired a stream of hot water towards the shiny Atrocious Pokémon, close range.

Rory instantly reacted on his instinct and fired Fire Blast instead.

The Scald and Fire Blast, collided each other, close range and causing steam across the field.

"Once again. Steam! We can't see anything, expect for the silhouettes!"

"Now!" Cora shouted.

"What?!" Bert exclaimed out.

Rory fired another Hyper Beam towards the silhouette in the steam and the steam cleared way.

"GYARARRRR!" Bert's Mega Gyarados roared out in pain as the Hyper Beam hits it.

The steam disappeared, revealing Rory and Bert's Mega Gyarados, growling at each other.

.....

.....

Everyone was silent, only the waves and water were heard.

Soon, Bert's Mega Gyarados gave a weak growl and collapsed onto the water, reconverting back to its original form with swirling eyes.

"Gyarados is unable to battle!" The referee declared, raising the red flag, "The winner of the Whirl Cup Competition is Cora and Gyarados!"

"There you have it ladies and gentlemen! The winner of the Whirl Cup Competition is Cora Joy! Her Gyarados has dominated all three matches! Congratulations!"

The audience cheered and applauded loudly.

==================

"SHE DID IT!" Misty and Mairin shouted out. "SHE DID IT!"

The Pokémon cheered.

Trinity and Brock were cheering, Alain and Ash applauded.

"Espe! (Up there!)" Kilala pointed up.

Trinity and the gang looked up and saw a Meowth shaped head balloon near the balcony where Maya was.

"Team Rocket!" Brock, Mairin, Ash, Misty and Alain gasped.

==================

Jessie was lowering her Wobbuffet lure near the Sea Spirit. Then it was hooked onto it.

"Got it!" Jessie cheered.

Suddenly a shot of water cut off the lure from her rod. The trio gasped in shock.

At that moment, the gang along with Trinity showed up.

"Team Rocket!" Brock shouted.

"What are you three trying to pull?!" Misty called out.

Officer Jenny and her men along with Maya saw the hot air balloon above them.

"What's this? A hot air balloon filled with suspicious looking fishermen seems to be hovering over the Sea Spirit." The announcer said.

"So it must have been Team Rocket who made the threatening phone call!" Officer Jenny realized.

"Threatening phone call?" Alain's brow arched.

"That's right! We warned you to prepare for trouble." Jessie declared.

"Inteleon. (Prepare this.)" A Pokémon warned.

Three shots of water came out of nowhere and caused the trio to drop their fishing rods. The trio gasped again. Then Kenji and Mystique appeared on the balcony.

{A/N: Kenji - Greninja, Mystique - Inteleon}

"It's the twerp's water Pokémon!" Meowth shouted, scared.

"Not them again!" Jessie added, panicking.

"Greninja Gren. (Our trainer has worked hard to get into this competition.)" Kenji prepared a Water Shuriken.

"Inteleon Intel. (And we're not going to let you three ruin her victory.)" Mystique added.

Kenji threw his Water Shuriken at Team Rocket's balloon which caused a huge rip in it. Then Kenji, Mystique and Rory directed a Water Gun attack at the balloon which caused Team Rocket to go flying higher in the air.

"All that for nothing!" James whined.

"I knew something was fishy about this plan!" Meowth added.

"My beautiful Sea Spirit!" Jessie complained.

Kilala let out a Psybeam attack and Pikachu let out a Thunder Shock attack as well.

Team Rocket screamed in pain and the balloon exploded.

"WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!" The trio screamed before they disappeared into the sky.

"WOBBUFFET!!!" Wobbuffet screamed.

DING!

===================

Rory lets out one more roar, before he reconverted back to his original form and went towards his trainer. Kenji, Kilala (who was on Kenji's shoulder), and Mystique also appeared beside their trainer, and she gave them a hug.

"Good job you three." Cora smiled at them.

Kilala, Kenji and Mystique smiled. Then she let them go and went to her shiny atrocious Pokémon and hugged him, tightly, "Thank you. You did an excellent work." She smiled. "You hung in there."

Rory gave a purr in response as the other three Pokémon joined in on the hug.

=====================

The closing ceremony, fireworks were fired into the sunset sky.

The competitors who entered the Whirl Cup Competition all stood on the boats.

"Six days of fierce competition has brought us to the end Whirl Cup final closing ceremony. And now the honorable Sea Priestess, Maya will present the Mystic Water Pendant to the winner of those great battles."

Cora stood on a small platform with Bert standing beside her and Kilala on her shoulder.

Maya handed Cora the Mystic Water Pendant with a smile, "Congratulations on winning the Whirl Cup Competition." She complimented, "You and your Water Pokémon all battled excellently out there. I also wish to thank you for protecting the Sea Spirit from Team Rocket as well."

"Thank you very much and you're welcome, Miss Maya." Cora takes the pendant, and she was amazed how beautiful it was, she held it up and she thought that the pendant glowed.

Maya silently gasped, surprised and shocked.

"A new Sea Hero is born!"

Everyone applauded for Cora.

Maya stepped forwards towards the audience and competitors, she raised her Sea Spirit scepter, "Oh, Great Sea Spirits and past Heroes of the Sea, continue to watch over the Whirl Cup Competition," The Sea Spirit jewel glowed blue, "and safeguard the harmony of all humans and Pokémon alike."

==========================

The next day, in the morning, the gang and Trinity all stood on top of the hill looking towards the Whirl Cup Colosseum that is now covered in water.

"Talk about a mysterious area." Mairin commented.

"Yeah. It's really amazing how the tides goes down when the Whirl Cup Competition starts." Alain added. "And at the end of the Whirl Cup Competition, the tides return."

"Yeah. The mystery of the ocean is unpredictable as itself." Brock said in a mysterious tone like.

Cora, Mairin, Ash, Misty and Trinity giggled at that.

"The next Whirl Cup in three years. So, until then... I'll work even harder." Trinity declared to herself.

Misty nodded, "You're right and so will I. My Pokémon and I are not going to lose." She said, determined.

"Togepriii!" Misty's Togepi trilled happily, agreeing.

Trinity smiled, "That's the spirit." She said.

===================

The Whirl Cup has finally come to a close with Cora, the victorious winner of the Mystic Water Pendant. They all learnt a lot from the experience here and will take with them on the adventures of the Whirl Islands.

===================

Pokémon Caught:

Cora: Furret (Maple)(F), Heracross (Cornelia)(F), Noctowl (Esther)(F), Pineco (Winston)(M), Togetic (Shaylah)(F), Feraligatr (Sanie)(F), Steelix (Behemoth)(M), Ampharos (Aries)(F), Girafarig (Psyche)(F), Kommo-o (Iroh)(M), Misdreavus (Morgana)(F), Rillaboom (Ringo)(M), Miltank (Betty)(F), Goodra (Nessy)(F), Zeraora (Raiden)(M), Houndoom (Lilith)(F), Tyrogue (Lozen)(F), Gligar (Anila)(F), Donphan (Iratha)(F), Spinarak (Arachne)(F), Murkrow (Eos)(F), Elekid (Veton)(F), Celebi (Willow)(F), Shiny Corsola (Coraline)(F)

(*) Mewtwo is traveling

Alain: Heracross (M), Gligar (M), Pineco (M), Shiny Feraligatr (M), Magcargo (M), Tauros (Paldea Form)(F), Klawf (M), Electabuzz (M), Bombirdier (F), Houndoom (M), Shiny Spinarak (M), Donphan (M), Murkrow (M), Octillery (M)

Mairin: Meganium (Levy)(F), Furret (Mocha)(F), Dachsbun(Jubilee)(F), Cottonee (Cotton)(F), Hoppip (Zuzu)(F), Sunflora (Sunny)(F), Flaaffy (Chelley)(F), Ledyba (Paprika)(F), Corsola (Daria)(F)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221K 3.8K 47
Ashley Ketchum was betrayed by her faithful Pikachu. Arceus, the mythical Pokémon decides to give Ashley a second chance of life. Follow her journey...
7.3K 196 44
Join Ash on his journey of the 10 regions and become the Pokemon Master. Ash and 12 girls harem. Part 2 of the series: Johto.
3.1K 126 20
This is a continuation of my first Pokemon story. This story will follow the adventures of a new trainer. Join him on his way to the Johto League. (...
134 16 10
Ashton, Justin, and Toru have traveled across the Kanto and Johto Region. they made friends, Toru and King became a champion, and Ashton saved the Ka...