Kiths

By Wombat_Cosmogonal

Izuku Yagi was part of a family like any other, happy and healthy. Along with his sister, the two were though... More

Author's note [Skippable]
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2 - Crash
Chapter 3 - Estrangement & Riven minds
Chapter 4 - Perceived
Chapter 5 - Gone
Chapter 6 - Regret
Chapter 7 - A meeting of the minds
Chapter 8 - Entrance
Chapter 9 - Selfhood
Chapter 10 - The first of many
Chapter 11 - Demonstration
Chapter 12 - Nightowl
Chapter 13 - Vigilant v. Vigilante
Chapter 14 - Vigilant v. Vigilante II
Chapter 15 - Fulmination
Chapter 16 - Audience
Concert #1 [Skippable]
Chapter 17 - USJ
Chapter 18 - Insurgents
Chapter 19 - One to the next
Chapter 20 - Combat
Chapter 21 - Frozen over
Chapter 22 - Fracture
Chapter 23 - A name for themselves
Chapter 24 - Grime
Chapter 25 - Shaken
Concert #2 [Skippable]
Chapter 26 - Interview
Chapter 27 - Dichotomy
Chapter 28 - Stampede
Chapter 29 - Superimposed
Chapter 30 - Demised
Chapter 31 - Unstable
Concert #3 [Skippable]
Chapter 32 - Vigilant v. Vigilante III
Chapter 33 - Premonition
Chapter 34 - Shock
Chapter 35 - Incrimination
Chapter 36 - Incoming
Chapter 37 - Reunion
[Extended] Chapter 38 - Overhaul v. Fist
Chapter 39 - Blaze
Chapter 40 - Caught up
Chapter 41 - Pathway
Chapter 42 - Clash of the minds
Chapter 44 - Chase
Chapter 45 - Prelude
Chapter 46 - Signs of Culmination
Chapter 47 - Hand-to-Hand
Chapter 48 - Open mind
Chapter 49 - Last chains
[Extended] Chapter 50 - The Finale
Gallery
Gallery Part 2

Chapter 43 - Tear

744 18 0
By Wombat_Cosmogonal

A serious headache was fighting me.

That hallucination of... her was extremely agitating, I had to chase it down until it vanished. Now, I feel like I was in a coma. Even now, opening my eyes, I can see a classic blue bed with white ceilings like I'm... in... a... hospital ward...

That's... Eraser Head. Where... am I?

"Fis-"

I kicked off of the bed immediately, I need to get out of there.

"Stop Them!" yelled Eraser Head, then I saw Lemillion blocking the doorway. I didn't care, I used a technique in broad daylight, Ring.

As soon as he was flipped around, I ran by him and kicked down the door into a long hallway with a boarded-up door at the end. Aizawa came out not a second after with his capture weapon ready, so I dashed forwards as fast as I could and punched through the planks... and the tens of students against it? "Oh my god! It's them!" "It's the vigilante!" "Ahhh!"

I didn't care for their screams, I wouldn't know where I was on the UA campus, so I went with the fastest route possible to get out of there, off the railing.

The sound of the students was drowned out by the swift whirrs of Eraser Head's weapon flying towards me as I fell. I didn't reasonably consider how high I was on the building, the ground is now fast approaching, and I'll need to brace!

*Crash*

Oww... I landed on one of my shoulders, that's definitely broken, at least it's not the dominant one.

RUN! Eraser Hea_ is rig_t above y_u!

I picked myself up and immediately ran straight forwards to the wall, if I'm lucky I could maybe get over in time. "STAY STILL!" I heard someone yelling behind me. Shit, the wall is straight, how do I get over it?!

I don't know what to do!? What do I do!?!

SHUT UP AND LET ME CONTROL YOU FOR A MOMENT!

Fine! Go!

A capture weapon was approaching fast. Red jumped and dug his fingers into the concrete as hard as he could to get a grip, he then immediately pulled himself over to the top of the wall. At the last moment, I could hear a tree ruffling. Eraser Head is coming.

RUN!

I KNOW

UA was unfortunately next to a road, but we couldn't slow down. Red nearly avoided two different cars while running, I don't think I've ever felt more scared than now. "YOU HAVEN'T RECOVERED FIST! STAY STILL!"

We were tunnel-visioned, nothing matters now, ignore the pain and run. run. run. Run straight to darkness, hide from it all. Eraser Head can't follow what he can't see.

.

..

...

I think... we're safe now.

That was to_ close

How the hell did I end up in there?!

It must've be_n after your fight with Endeavor

Endeavor! That's right! That did happen!

WHAT'S THIS BUZZING?!

THE PHONE!

"Hello?"

"City police, Is this Rufiji Keisuke?"

"Yes...?"

"We require your presence in the south department as soon as possible."

"..."

"Can I ask why?"

"We want to ask you some questions concerning an investigation, the other members of your band are here as well."

"What do you mean?"

"How do you know Fist is a male?"

*Click* I hung up immediately.

Shit! When did I say that?!

It must've be_n after yo_r concert! You need to get to Akie b_fore they get to your ap_rtment!

Everything is going wrong!

Izumi POV

"Are you alright? Can you breathe easily?"

"Yeah..."

I'm recuperating from nearly choking to death...apparently, it turns out Fist attacked me while I was using my quirk.

"What- happened when they woke up?"

"After looking around, they managed to escape from the ward. Aizawa is chasing them down now," said Mirio, "What did you see?"

I described to them the journey that I had just been through while using my quirk. The tundra.. The storm... I heard some parts of the song being hummed through the howls of the wind... and then... the figures. All of the big three were shocked to hear about this, it sounded like such a nightmare. But the biggest issue wasn't that, it was the fact that this was what their subconscious was like. In my experience out of all of the times I used my quirk, they were sometimes that the soul field wasn't not really welcoming, but never openly hostile. I had never experienced a soul field that was harder to navigate through in my life.

"It felt as if... I was being rejected, but not out of malice... out of repulsion, like I didn't fit there."

...

"So how would you classify their mental state?" asked Recovery Girl

"...Unstable, I got more questions than answers in there."

"I am more intrigued by the fact that they managed to escape so quickly. My power typically leaves people drained afterward, even if it's one fracture. They had a gunshot wound, fought Endeavor after fighting an A-tier villain on their own, probably non-stop patrolling no matter what, and this is not including unseen wounds below the outfit." said Recovery Girl.

"Do they have a vitality quirk or something?" asked Nejire.

"No they lost their quirk to Overhaul," responded Mirio.

Suddenly, Aizawa burst back into the room with his phone in his hand. "I just got an update from the police department, we have a suspect for Fist's identity."

Aizawa explained that the police had been handling an investigation into the vigilante for a long time. Most of it had been dead ends until they investigated a singer from a certain group, which turned out to be Soul Metal. They profiled him as Rufiji Keisuke, unknown age though presumed to be in his 20s, only family known being a twin sister, singer and lyricist for the band Soul Metal, and most suspiciously, no existing record. Nothing. Not a birth certificate or a passport log. They sought his presence at the station, but when they called to inform him about it, he hung up immediately. There's now an active arrest warrant for him since he hasn't shown up.

"They think the lead singer of Soul Metal is a criminal?" said Izumi.

"I also think it was a bit hasty, but they have had nothing for months." responded Aizawa, "at this point, if it's another dead end then the investigation may close."

"Are you... alright, Izumi?" asked Nejire.

"What? Yes, why?"

"You're shaking."

Once Izumi looked back down at her arm, she realized it was still shaking as it did in that dream. Maybe this is affecting her more than she thinks.

Aizawa looked at it for a couple of seconds before he stepped back and said "Well, while you all are here, I'll propose an offer to you."

Everyone was now paying attention.

"While I can't help the investigation on Rufiji, I can try to catch Fist for good. I planted a tracker under one of their soles while they were recovering." The students looked shocked at this revelation, the fact that someone as discrete as Fist could be tracked. Aizawa continued, "They clearly are not a typical villain, they're cautious. I can't recruit other heroes that stand out in the night for this operation, and neither do I want to recruit another underground hero with no connection to this case, but I can't do this on my own. Fist has proven themselves capable of fighting me, but he hasn't fought against you all. You also have experience either fighting with him or seeing him up close, that's better than nothing."

"Do you want to join me on this secret operation?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 1K 16
Pushed to the edge of his mind, there was nothing left for him. Izuku lost all joy in life, but he still wanted to live. He wanted it as much as he w...
106K 4.3K 26
Izuku Midoriya had everything a little boy can ask for in life until a tragic event changed everything. He lost his mother, his father, his home and...
2.3K 78 5
The night is cold as the quirkless Izuku Yagi wanders in an effort to find safe lodgings. Why? Because he ran away after being suicide baited, denied...
597K 20.7K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...