LOVE? WAR?

By MrS_S_AA

Narrator here, Shinomiya and Shirogane are getting their game onn!! But on the other side This brown hair ma... More

๐ฟ๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“ˆ ๐’ฒ๐’ถ๐“‡ ๐Ÿ’˜
Greetings!! The start of well....๐Ÿ’˜
Spies of the Heart ๐Ÿ’˜
Phones and Mischiefs ๐Ÿ’˜
Pitter-patter and Deliciousness!! ๐Ÿ’˜
Mr Heartless!! I am in Love!!๐Ÿ’˜
The Pupils Widen ๐Ÿ’˜
Hot topics and Cool Yoghurt!๐Ÿ’˜
Is this edible? ๐Ÿ’˜
Was this a win? ๐Ÿ’˜
CRACKS ๐Ÿ’˜
Personality๐Ÿ’˜
Confrontation๐Ÿ’˜
Let the Game Begin! ๐Ÿ’˜
Mine! and LandMines... ๐Ÿ’˜
BOYS' NIGHT OUT! ๐Ÿ’˜
Every corner is dark ๐Ÿ’˜
Aftermath๐Ÿ’˜
Crack the Shell ๐Ÿ’˜
Door to Hayasaka ๐Ÿ’˜
Entropy ๐Ÿ’˜
Cruel Reasoning๐Ÿ’˜
BTS๐Ÿ’˜

A smile behind the cynical๐Ÿ’˜

1.8K 125 88
By MrS_S_AA

=========♔=========

Silence is often a virtue yet at moments, it's a vicious curse. especially when the girl whom you have bought on a meetup where you are expected to be the man and start up the conversation instead of making things incredibly awkward for both parties, I was truly an utter social reject. Hayasaka was sitting in front of me in her school uniform with the coat fastened to her hip as she looked at me with her crystal blue eyes in curiosity and slight annoyance as she took the lead with a joking tone in her honey-laced voice. 

"Why are you silent!? HELLOOO???Y'know it's really rude that you bought me here and all and now you go all quiet on me,hmph." A flick of fingers on my forehead and a pout had put me in a tight spot. 

"Weren't you the one who decided that it would be a great idea to drink coffee at 4 pm in the afternoon?" I broke my silence as the slightly glistening fingers of Hayasaka tapped the caramel machiato she ordered. 

"W-Well come on,I didn't think that much. Give me a break will ya! I am only free now, at night when Shinomiya returns home from council , it's another hell night at work! So try to be more considerate mister Overanalysing-Kouji." She smirked as she gave grounded logic in her ditzy voice and then adding on a very bad nickname to increase the efficacy of the blow.

"What's up with you and nicknames?" I asked while sipping on my black coffee as it's bitterness neutralised the sweet fakeness Hayasaka had projected at me. She tapped my hand as she said, "Hmm, maybe just another layer of my persona. But Ayanokouji, do say, does it remind you of your past instances~ come on...spill the tea. I promised to stay sush about it~"

Her grin widened as she tried to suck out information but unfortunately it was a bad day for her. I simply shrugged as I said, "Nothing such, I simply thought it was somewhat cute."

"C-Cute...hmm, yah I guess boys do like such things. Ugh hey, do you mind if I drop the act, the cafe has lesser people now." Her voice went from a sweet frilly tone to a dense unbothered one in a second, she would give Kushida a run for her money. I nodded to her question as she slouched ever so slightly from her feminine posture and remove the clip from her hair letting down her golden locks. 

"Do you use a lot of hair products or is that all natural?" I was curious as the Whiteroom generally never had anything other than shampoo or conditioner around. I had often seen females of my class having a set of their so-called hair care routine with about 4-5 products compared to boys who usually used all-in-one products. 

"Oh hmm, I suppose it's simply conditioner and such but unfortunately I might get grey hair soon considering I am at the beckoning of a lovestruck dense rock." She commented as she twirled the ends of her golden locks with a slight curve of her lips. Even the real Hayasaka seems to like the fact that I had asked her that. 

Growl

That set off a small blush dusting her face causing her to sip on her drink turning her head sideways, probably embarrassed. This was expected as just a drink wasn't either healthy nor nutritious enough to last her the whole night until she had dinner, however I didn't expect Hayasaka's original self to be this expressive. Was she faking even this? That's improbable as I think she realises I can see through her disguise quite well but if it's her real self what's her personality really like? I suppose for now I can classify it as someone who just doesn't find many things worth changing her expression for but situations which are either unexpected or hold special regard for her, do tend to entice an adorable reaction. 

"Do you mind if we order something a bit more filling? I am really hungry" I asked as I decided to diffuse the awkwardness that was brewing between us just like the expresso shot brewed by the barista next to us serving another  table. She nodded slightly as she faced me trying to act normal despite the socially embarrassing situation of a normal thing called being hungry.

Social norms have always been a convulated study by all regards.

I turned around slightly to find the next table to have two recognised faces that I hadn't expected to bump into. It was well, none other than....

A grin spread across the boy's face as a slight crease formed on the blue haired girl's face.

"Kukuku! Isn't that a pleasant surprise!I didn't know monsters these days enjoyed sipping on coffee like ordinary fools!" His laugh wouldn't leave my memory as this nostalgia hit me like a current. I got up from my seat and so did they as from the corner of my eye, I saw Hayasaka being extremely curious about this ongoing confrontation, which I wish she hadn't been a part of, but it can't be helped.

"Hello, Ryueen and Ibuki. It's been a while, pleasure meeting you here." I put forward my hand for a customary handshake but was enveloped in a hug by the boy I had punched fear into. He whispered in my ear,"Nice prey you have there. She is quite hot ain't she?"

His futile attempts at getting a reaction out of me hadn't stopped it seems, while  Ibuki also gave me a sidehug as she gave a small smile asking, "Soo, Shuichin Academy huh. Not bad."

It seems her social ineptitude to start a conversation hadn't really improved either,but at least she didn't try to chokeslam me on the tiled floor below. It would be hard to explain that as two friends meeting up. Even, I was curious where did these two go to after ANHS had shut down, they didn't have any uniform on them unlike I did, so I asked, "So which high school for you both?"

"It's Index Academy, in which unluckily I was forced to join this asshole in after ANHS closed." She gritted her teeth slightly as she looked at the man in question with a slight glare, who simply smirked, "Don't be sad Mio, we both know how much you wanted my ......heart! KUKUKUKU, hey bastard what if we transferred to Shuichin? Won't that be fun? Me and you could have a blossoming friendship like the Yaoi mangas that Mio reads." 

Yaoi what was that?

"Another word Kakeru and I will bury you 6 feet under where even Albert can't get you out of. Got that? Did you forget I still have that..." Hearing her threaten him with a reddening face, his smile lessened slightly as he clicked his tongue while I interrupted their lovers quarrel,"When did this happen.....?"

"What....Oh, I don't know monster, you say...you are playboy here, isn't that right miss Goldilocks?"His smile returned as he teased Hayasaka acting like she isn't hearing our conversation as she typed absolute gibberish on her phone. She stopped typing on the phone as she said,"Ayanokouji I am starving, come on let's go to some restaurant and eat something please!!!!" as she adorned puppy eyes and huffed. 

"Hmm, yah just give me a moment. I think that was a good talk we had Ryueen, hope you  and Ibuki have a good date ahead." I tried to escape the conversation but Ryueen sat down in front of Hayasaka leaving Ibuki gasping and me sighing waiting for a troublesome incident to unfold. Should I show him a traumatic past incident again? No, that would be extreme in a public spot.

"Hai hey!Chill man, just want to get to know monster's future tool kukuku." He leaked something that he shouldn't have as it was more than necessary I stepped in,"Ryueen, that's enough."

"Hah, finally a reaction! Fine Fine I won't do anything. That was way too much effort, " He raised his hands in mock defeat as he got up from the chair not before asking one last question,"Hey Goldilocks, what's your name?"

"Well...Ayanokouji....should I tell him" She turned to me waiting for my response as she must have realised we weren't casual friends, but rather something more complicated. I didn't see any harm as it would make him get out of his nose so I nodded as she said, "Ai Hayasaka, I don't really know y'all but dude you are annoying him...so stop."Her frilly tone had a dagger's edge at the end as Ryueen took a minute step back.

"Kukuku, you have a fiesty one Ayanokouji.......take care." He murmured the last part as a small smile creased on his face. Ibuki went up close to him and started dragging him away with his hand  as he simply laughed off while Ibuki's insults towards him increased, "Bastard, disrespectful, freak, dumbass............ Have a good day, sorry for the disturbance, my boyfriend is a mess..........Now come on Kakeru, you are such a pain."

"Well I am your pain Mio, deal with it." He pinched her hip as he gave a middle finger to me and a grin with the door shutting over him. Ryueen was always a  handful to deal with but at least someone shares his craziness with him. I sighed deeply as a pat was introduced to my back with a tired smile,"Wasn't that too much social interaction for you? Do you need a lap pillow~"

"You don't have to act, they are gone...and yes....a lap pillow is enticing." I admitted brazenly as she first was relieved and when she heard my acceptation of her proposal she smacked my hand as she said, "A....J....O.....K....E, Now let's go eat I know a place nearby that sells good Katsudon."

"....oh.....Ok" I was disappointed as my eyebrows formed an arc which Hayasaka noticed as she said, "Don't get ahead of yourself, we only had one date."

This was a date? I didn't realise that, but I suppose this small misunderstanding is something I want to keep. 

"Hmm, is there ice cream?" I asked tilting my head slightly while she stared at me for while before saying,"Uh-Uh....maybe....let's find out."

She is acting strange.

=========♕=========

What's wrong with you AI? Why did you say to Ayanokouji it's a date? Why did I have a slip of tongue at the worst moment imaginable? I was truly deplorable at times.

Curse you Shoujo manga!

It was really hot too, and it was simply getting very bothersome every moment passed, the restaurant was just 5 minutes away but I felt like I would get a heatstroke. I huffed slightly as Ayanokouji took notice and took off his red cap and put it on my head without warning,

"You need to prepare better for the weather, risk of skin cancer increases exponentially when exposed to UV rays of the sun hence things such as tanning is a very dangerous hobby and not thinking ahead about the weather is a very dumb thing to do." His monotone voice insulted my lack of care but his actions were full of care, it felt odd to be the one receiving this...

"Ok I will be careful next time. But wont you get a tan Mr Chatgpt?" My voice was one of nonchalance as I felt slightly worried if he would misinterpret it.

"I wore sunscreen before I came here...I am fine." He lied through his teeth as a person wearing sunscreen wouldn't have a clear line of colour contrast between their clothed area and bare skin.Sigh, it's Ayanokouji I am talking about, the mysterious liar of a friend that I have who strangely lies to help others instead of himself, just like he left the student Council for me.

Usually, people lie in self-interest, yet I don't get his interest or his purpose for doing things, it's just that every single action he takes seems to be only as something catered to help his friends out. I was extremely curious about his friends and how he interacted with them and why they called him a monster and such and I was getting annoyed that he wasn't saying anything or mentioning them in the slightest so I decided to nudge it slightly, maybe he just forgot.

"Your friends were an interesting bunch, they were from ANHS I imagine?"

"Yes, they were my competitors and schoolmates."

"Competitors as in there were academic challenges and such? The interesting system if that was the case."

"Mhm, he was a decent competitor in layman's terms."

"Oh really now, I wonder what he was in your terms."

"I am an average man, so he was quite above my level."

"Hmm doesn't fit the bill when he called you monster and when you glared at him.And by the sheer personality he and his girl, it's really hard to imagine them talking decently to someone they think is inferior. He called me Goldilocks until he realised that he stepped too far, and when I showed a bit more of my true self he took a single step back after which he asked my name....strange isn't it...it seems he respects willpower and strength, quite a bit. " I went off on a theory I cooked up as we walked with the red cap over my head and Ayanokouji nodding along but at the end of my theory he said one thing,

"Maybe, everyone has secrets and sides unknown. Isn't that right Hayasaka, you do and I do. Considering we are in a challenge to hunt each other's secrets, don't expect me to reveal much information." His voice became slightly robotic as he said that, showing a flag that I had moved too far into this. It would be unwise to move further.

"Hmm, sorry Ayanokouji, sometimes it's hard to keep curiosity in check,it's a rabid dog." I joked slightly as I remembered a quote similar to this once in an old textbook. Ayanokouji looked at me and spoke something no lady would want to hear

"So you admit to being a bitch?"

"........Only if you admit to being a social reject and a cynical freak with zero knowledge of how to treat women." I smiled through my annoyance as this boy in front of me called me a bitch. How dare this man! I was actually somewhat angry at him,"Hmph!"

"Sorry sorry, my bad. I heard from some of your classmates calling themself 'I am a bad bitch!' at times, so I thought.....nevermind,it was nonsensical." His head dropped slightly as I poked his shoulder, 

"If you are sorry, you will buy me the best flavours of ice cream according to you and yes....I am a a so-called...pfft.....bad bitch" I felt like mocking him more but I decided to stop as I felt a slight relief being a bit more of myself around this golden-eyed boy.

After a while, we reached and finally ordered some good food where Ayanokouji's plate consisted of a small pizza while I opted for something...less....junk.Mine was a chicken salad which is more delicious than it sounds. Though something made me curious, "How do you stay fit when you eat things like that?" He looked at me after a while as he was too busy watching the cheese being pulled apart as he murmured

"Hmm, the cheese peels off a pizza so beautifully because it has a high-fat content that makes it flow and stretch when melted. However, cheese can also slide off a pizza if it is too dry or if the sauce is too wet.I wonder if I should soak the pizza in the water to test the flavour and theory." He proceeded to almost dip it in water as I shot up and grabbed his hand causing him to look at me, 

"Don't dare act on your intrusive thoughts Kiyotaka Ayanokouji."

And what I saw was indeed interesting...he stuttered, "Y-Yes, sorry for that, let's eat." 

The rest of the time in the restaurant was spent just talking and eating while stopping his intrusive thoughts from time to time, how can a man this mature be so childish at the same time? Such an ironical scenario!...though it's endearing....

Cute

After eating he finally dropped me off at 6 pm just in time for my work shift to begin as he waved at me with some parting words, "It was fun, let's do it again."

"With your bland unsmiling face, I really can't tell. Fake a smile, just once, is it really that hard?" I made a sudden request as I wanted a smile, I really did.Wether it was fake or real was secondary . I wanted reassurance that yes, I made him happy.I walked up close to him having his hot breath right up to me as I glared into his sunken eyes. He spoke calmly in this tense situation, 

"I forgot how"

What I heard next, was enough to cause my heart to sink.It wasn't that he didn't know how...it was that he forgot....which means, nothing in his life till now made him smile...again.

What happened to you Ayanokouji?

"But, I promise Hayasaka. I will change that and for today, It was fun even if I can't express it, it was an event I will remember."He assured me as he gently touched my head, which felt quite good but odd...

"Hey, do this too, when you actually mean it. Instead of your logical response to make someone feel better. And Hmm, I would appreciate if I was your first reason to smile though, Kiyotaka" I smiled as I took the next step, hoping he would follow along.

"Thank you I hope so too, Ai" His eyebrows relaxed as it felt quite calming seeing his visage one last time as I turned around and entered the mansion.

Hmm, is it wrong for me to pull him closer to get more information? It probably is but it was his mistake, to make me curious about why he thinks The Shinomiya family is a threat to me. Even if there is 1% chance he is trying something nefarious, I will have to stop it before I can trust him fully. I have a long way to go don't I? Hah....but I won't be abandoned again, mom.

Though I truly hope, I can be your reason to smile and you can be mine.

Author's Note:

I hope it was a sweet beginning and a bitter end! Hope I did Ryueen's cameo a justice. What do you think?

Do vote if you enjoyed and check out my other series:

1. Fakekouji (Updated)

2. Shinzou wo Sasageyo Ayanokouj (Updated)

3. Fakekouji Reaction (New book)

Bye have a good day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 553 51
(Currently on hiatus) Ryota Sagami is the historian of the student council and is the best friend of Miyuki Shirogane. He known about Miyuki secret c...
104K 2.2K 48
Ritsu Sakurajima's just your ordinary laid-back student, but when he joined the Student Council, he realized something: joining the Student Council a...
20.4K 397 20
Two groups of friends meet by chance at a local club and sparks fly instantaneously. Friends Kawa, Suga, Akaashi and Kenma have a night out at a loca...