Strings Attached (Harry Style...

By ElleRoseBooks

DISCLAIMER: This story was written in late 2012. I wrote Strings Attached as an adolescent with no idea how... More

Disclaimer
1. Relax Angel
2. You're Mine.
3. Come On
4. What Are You Doing?
5. You Need Me
6. Explain
7. Tell Me What You Want
8. Hands Off
9. Fangirls
10. Forget
11. I've Never...
12. Let Me Go
13. Not An Option
14. We're Not Finished Yet
15. One... Or Two?
16. You're Different
17. Try And Stop Me
19. He's here...
20. Let Me In.
21. Seal It With a Kiss
22. Hello, My Name Is...
23. Take Me Home
24. Thirty Seconds
The Interview
25. Are You Okay?
26. 'Good Enough'
27. Silver Lining
28. Give In
29. What Have I Done?
30. I Need To Tell You Something
31. Do You Trust Me?
32. Complete.
33. Free
Author's Note
Cassie's Lullaby and A Possible Re-Write
WWA Charlotte and Fan Meetup

18. Tempting

339K 6.6K 1.2K
By ElleRoseBooks

Cassie’s POV:

*Next Day*

“I’ll see you tomorrow!” I called to the small group that I had befriended on the first day of classes, bounding out of the arts building and across the green. This morning when I’d woken up, Harry had been waiting for me, bright eyes watching me while I’d slept. I grinned, every detail of this morning committed to memory...

“You know that’s incredibly creepy,” I’d scolded him, closing my eyes again, burying my head deeper into the down pillow.

“Good morning to you too, Angel,” He laughed, nuzzling into my neck.

“I’m still mad at you,” I grumbled, smiling secretly to myself. Even though he had been a complete ass the night before, this morning he was surprisingly gentle, sweet even.

“What will it take?”

“What will what take?”

“For you to forgive me?” he hummed, lips sneaking their way up my neck and across my jaw, I turned my head, teasing him as I denied him access. 

“Hmmmm, what have you got to offer me?” I knew that I was doing a dangerous dance across an ever thinning boundary, but I didn’t care.

“Well,” He growled. I shrieked as he flipped me over suddenly, crawling on top of me, caging me with his arms, “You could stay here today... with me?” He added, dark lashes fluttering at me. I swallowed hard as I stared at the boy hovering over me. He’d insisted on sleeping in only a pair of tight black boxers. The morning light wasn’t doing my self-control any favors, glancing off of his tanned skin, making him glow. An image of Adonis flashed to mind, causing my mouth to hang open, gaping at him. He grinned triumphantly down at me and my gaze narrowed, he was doing this on purpose.

“Tempting... but unfortunately,” I cooed, cupping a hand around his cheek, my fingers tingling with electricity wherever our skin met, “I have classes. What a shame...” I grinned up at him, smacking my hand against his cheek slightly, before pushing him off of me, crawling out from under the sheets before he could pull me back in. If I stayed there any longer my resolve would waver and I doubted that I would ever move. 

I dressed in a hurry, flushing as he eyed me in frustration from the large bed. Right as I finished getting dressed, I raked my fingers through my hair, doing my best to resolve the tangles. I stepped out of the bathroom to find him leaning up against the wall just outside, already dressed in a tight black t-shirt and matching black jeans.

“What are you doing?” I asked, cocking my hands on my hips.

“You didn’t seriously think I was going to let you walk there, did you?”

“I don’t know, Styles,” I sighed, passing him on my way out of the bedroom and into the den, “You never really struck me as much of a gentleman.”

“Take it back,” He growled, yanking my back sharply up against his chest, hot breath washing over me.

“Change my mind,” I suggested, shrugging him off before stalking out of the flat. Harry’d dropped me off in front of the arts building twenty minutes later making me promise not to leave until he was back to pick me up. Like that was going to happen. Rolling my eyes I settled down on a clean patch of grass, tossing my head back to revel in the warmth of the afternoon. Liquid sunshine flowed over me, warming my skin, a slow breeze rustling the changing leaves.

“I thought I told you to wait for me,” A deep voice growled. I didn’t even bother to open my eyes, knowing that I would only see Harry’s dark eyes glaring down at me.

“And I thought we agreed that I was too stubborn to do that?”

“Angel,” He huffed, I opened my eyes, narrowing my gaze at him.

“What?”

“You promised.”

“Crossed my fingers.”

“That’s cheating.”

“I never said that I played fair.” His dark chuckle vibrated beside me and I couldn’t help but grin.

“Come on,” He huffed, lurching to his feet before holding his hand out to me, cautiously I took it.

“Where are we going?”

“On a date.”

“I don’t remember agreeing to this,” I said, already knowing what his response would be.

“I don’t remember giving you a choice.” He sealed his lips against mine before tucking me under his shoulder, steering towards the parking lot.

“Can I at least go change first? I’ve been in the same clothes for two days,” I complained, picking at the hem of my crop top.

“Who said anything about needing clothes?” He winked at me. I punched him in the chest and he chuckled, pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head. An hour and a half later we were across town. Harry parked in a back lot, leading us around to the service entrance of a large windowless building.

“Ah, I see. You act the gentleman so that I’ll trust you, but the second you get me alone you take me out to the edge of town so that you can kill me and no one can hear me scream?” I laughed nervously as he held the door open for me, motioning for me to enter the dark void beyond.

“I don’t know, I guess you’ll just have to wait and see,” his dark chuckle echoed throughout the dark building as the door banged shut behind us, I jumped at the sudden noise. Strong arms wound around my waist, pulling me close.

“You nervous, Angel?” He cooed, hot breath fanning out over my neck. I swallowed hard as I willed some form of light into the pitch black building.

“No, no. Why would I be nervous? I love being locked inside of a dank warehouse with a guy I barely know.”

His deep laughter vibrated in my ear, “Relax, Angel, you’re safe with me...” his voice trailed off and in the silence I swore I heard the faint traces of a final word.

“So why are we here?” I whispered, the eerie silence was unnerving.

“I told you, we are on a date,” He pecked me on the cheek before letting go of me and moving away. I squeaked in terror as the cold air took his place. I had no clue where he was.

“Harry?” My voice was no more than a strangled whisper but I might as well have been yelling.

“Close your eyes, Angel,” Harry commanded, his voice coming from several feet away.

“Why? Its not like I can see anything anyway?”

“Just do it.” My heart hammered in my chest, pumping adrenaline readily through my veins.

“You’re not going to chloroform me are you?” I whispered, my entire body beginning to tremble. He didn’t respond. Seconds later, the building burst to life,  a blue light shining in through my closed lids. Two large hands slid to cover my eyes, blocking out the light.

“Open,” he breathed, removing his grip. I blinked several times, forcing my eyes to grow accustomed to the new light. A deep glue glow emanated from the giant tanks all around, thousands of gallons of water suspended above us as we stood in the middle of a large tunnel. Hundreds of multicolored fish darted around, excited by the sudden light.

“Oh my god!” I gasped, running up, pressing my palms against the glass. The blue filtered light cast the entire room into another dimension. Prismatic coral reefs rose up out of the sandy floor, giant manta rays glided past. No matter where I looked, the entire scene took my breath away. 

I turned back to face the boy who’d brought me here. Bathed in the ultramarine glow, he stood, watching me with open awe, jade eyes quizzical as I blushed under his observation. Before I could stop myself, I bounded up to him, pressing a light peck against his cheek. His body tensed, astonishment clear on his face as I pulled away.

“Thank you,” I whispered, hugging him, “This is beautiful.” His arms wound around me, sending a thrill up my spine and he pulled me closer.

“I’ve still got a few tricks up my sleeve,” He laughed, a mysterious undertone lacing his voice.

***

“We’re not going to get into any trouble for being in here are we?” I asked, nervously biting my thumb.

“Would I ever make you do something that would get you in trouble?” He asked, quirking an eyebrow up at me, daring me to respond.

“Yes.” I narrowed him with a glare, already beginning to unzip the wetsuit he had talked me into putting on. After he’d finished showing me around the aquarium’s exhibits, he’d pulled a keycard out of his wallet, unlocking an entrance exclusively for the aquarium employees. He easily navigated the restricted tunnels before he found the room he was looking for. I peaked around him as he removed two wetsuits from a locker, we were just outside of the biggest tank in the entire aquarium, the one we had started out in.

“Don’t worry, Angel, I promise that I won’t get you into any trouble... yet.”

“Styles, I swear to god...” I warned.

“Relax,” he grinned, offering me a hand easing us both into the cool blue water. I shrieked as tiny, kaleidoscopic fish swarmed us, skimming our legs and arms. I jumped on top of Harry, doing my best to avoid the majority of the slimy little things. I’d never been much of a “fish person”, I loved looking them as long as they didn’t touch me.

“Nope, nope, nope,” I cried, clinging to his neck, “Get me out, I can’t do this!”

“Stop being such a baby! They’re only fish!”

“Gross, wet, slimy, fish!” He leveled me with a look, grin dimpling both of his cheeks.

“You don’t like it?” he laughed, kicking us out farther and away from the edge of the pool “Swim back yourself.”

“Harry!” I whined, fluttering my eyelashes at him, “Please!” When he made no motion of movie back towards shore, I rolled my eyes, pushing away from the curly haired boy before I could think twice about what I was doing. Tucking my arms close to my sides, I began to kick quickly towards the edge of the pool. Risking a glance back, I stopped dead in my tracks. Harry was gone.

“Styles, don’t you even think about it,” I called as loud as I dared. I had no idea if fish were sensitive to loud noises and I was in no hurry to find out. 

All of a sudden, something wrapped around my ankle, yanking me below the surface of the water, cutting off my shriek. My eyes burst open, burning from the salty water. Harry was treading water right in front of me, cheeks dimpled in a wicked grin, the blue light glancing off of his skin. He caught hold of my wrist, pulling me in towards him for a kiss. I shoved away as hard as I could, rejecting him and kicking towards the surface. I whipped back around as he cheekily squeezed me ass. I paused long enough to flip him off before surfacing. Fuming, I hauled myself up out of the cold water, tucking my knees against my chest, shivering at the edge of the pool.

He surfaced, laughing like a mad man, shaking his head, water flying everywhere, “Hey now, Cujo!” I cried, shielding my face.

“Come on, Angel, you’re not afraid of a few little fish are you?” He grinned up at me, jade eyes wide and innocent.

“That thing is not little,” I hissed, pointing as a giant ray drifted a below the surface a few feet away.

“It’s harmless,” He laughed, “Redd assured me that they cut all of their barbs off before putting them in the tanks. You’re perfectly safe, Angel.”

“I don’t care what you say. Technically, that thing is a shark. Sting rays are classified under shark. I am not getting back in the water with a shark.”

“We can do this the easy way or the hard way, Angel. Either way you’re coming back in.”

“Nope, nope, nope.” I shook my head, clutching my knees tighter to my chest.

“Okay, you asked for it,” Harry sighed, lifting himself up out of the pool. He towered over me, curls dripping salty water down onto my face. Before I could react, he scooped me up into his arms.

“No, Harry, Plea-!” I flew through the air, plunging back into the glowing water, white bubbled exploding around me. Fish darted away, startled by the sudden disturbance. I kicked to the surface, gasping for air. Harry stood watching me from the edge of the pool, a wicked lovely fox smile curling his lips.

“I’m going to kill you!” I cried, paddling towards him. He launched himself back into the water, slipping beneath the surface without causing any real sort of bubbles of waves. I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to surface, when he didn’t I spun around in a circle. Where could he have gone?

Right as I came back around to face the front he spurted a stream of salty water into my face.

“Really?” I asked, “You’re such a child.”

“Says the girl who is afraid of a few tiny fish.”

“You know that they go to the bathroom in here, right? You just had fish poop in your mouth.”

“Well, then you’re about to have some in yours,” He grinned, closing the distance between us, sealing his lips to mine. His tongue skimmed my bottom lip, seeking access. I crushed my lips shut, enjoying the idea that I was frustrating him. 

“Angel,” He growled, never breaking away. I smiled into the kiss, enjoying the new sense of control. It didn’t last long. He secured one hand behind my back, holding me up against him, before pinching my nose closed. My eyes popped wide open at him. I knew exactly what he was doing.

“You’re going to have to breathe eventually,” He chuckled, bushing his lips back and forth across mine. I shook my head, glaring at him. My lungs were beginning to burn. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore, gasping a quick breath. He was too fast for me. He crushed his mouth down on mine, wrapping both arms securely around me, releasing my nasal passage.

“You’re such an ass,” I laughed when he finally broke away.

“What was it you called me last night? Ass...?”

“Asshat,” I grinned, rolling my eyes, pecking him softly on the lips. We swam for an hour longer, and when I say we swam, I mean he swam while I clung to his back for dear life. He was quiet as we pulled up the the campus, parking the car and walking me up to my flat. 

“Thank you for tonight,” I whispered, ducking my head to hide the blush rapidly rising in my cheeks. He hummed in response, pulling my body against his, pressing his lips to mine.

“So, how was the date?” Gwen crowed, I jumped as she yanked the door open.

“Harry ate fish poop,” I giggled.

“Ohkay....? Sorry I asked,” she huffed, rolling her eyes before stalking back into the flat.

“Invite him in if you’d like. I just bought a new pair of beats, they’re noise canceling!” She yelled over her shoulder, shooting my a mischievous look. I looked apologetically towards Harry, hoping that it didn’t show in my face just how much I hoped he would stay.

“Tempting, but they’ve got some sort of interview scheduled for the band tomorrow, I won’t be home till late,” He pecked me on the lips, “I’ll give you a ring though?” He offered.

“I, actually, uh... can’t find my phone,” I muttered, toying with the toe of my boot.

He quirked an eyebrow up at me but didn’t ask, “I have Gwen’s,” with that he kissed me one last time before sauntering off down the hall, “Good night, Angel.”

A/N: Wow these updates are coming out crazy fast..... I LOVE IT!!!!

Please keep spreading the story around!!!

Please Comment/Vote/Follow xxx

I love you all so much and I love hearing what y'all have to say!!!!!

What is y'all's favourite thing that has happened so far????

Follow me on IG maybe...? I have a ton of Harry Imagines on there and I post daily! @For_NIALLarnia

Special thanks again to @LexLexGarci you're a rockstar!

-Elle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 1.5K 27
Singto di jual oleh suaminya sendiri kepada pria lain hanya untuk menyelamatkan perusahaan suaminya dari ambang kebangkrutan. Harga diri singto benar...
718K 13.6K 29
Sixteen year old Marley moves to Florida to live with her young Aunt Nelly. Her aunt has a beautiful to-die-for home on the beach and manages the loc...
10.5K 91 22
Following the death of their father, sam and dean reunite to learn they have a little sister, Anna. The brothers decide to take this chance to chang...
20.1K 712 32
Y/n Aizawa has lived a life full of secrets, ones she has kept and those kept from her. Even though her past is a blur, she has always been set on be...