Through The Flames

By EveGraceWrites

Everest moves in with her future fellow firefighter who just so happens to be her best friends brother and he... More

I͜͡N͜͡F͜͡O͜͡R͜͡M͜͡A͜͡T͜͡I͜͡O͜͡N͜͡
𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘
𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝔾𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕆𝕦𝕥 𝕆𝕗 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤
𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕌𝕡 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕊𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕓𝕓𝕝𝕖?
𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕋𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕤 𝔸 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕖𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖
𝔸 𝕗𝕖𝕨 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤
𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒 𝕊𝕨𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕚𝕖?
𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕤𝕟'𝕥
ℕ𝕠𝕨 𝕀 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕚𝕥
ℍ𝕒𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕣 ℍ𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪
𝕀𝕔𝕖𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞?
𝟝𝟘𝟘𝕜
𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕋𝕠𝕠 𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕝
𝕃𝕚𝕖𝕦𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕟𝕥
𝟘𝟠𝟘𝟠
𝕀'𝕝𝕝 𝕊𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕀𝕥
ℕ𝕖𝕖𝕕 ℕ𝕠 𝕄𝕒𝕟
𝔽𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕤 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕝
ℕ𝕠𝕓𝕠𝕕𝕪 𝕃𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝔹𝕖𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕕
𝕆𝕦𝕣 𝕂𝕚𝕕!
ℍ𝕖 ℂ𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕤
𝕂𝕚𝕕𝕫𝔹𝕠𝕡
𝕃𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕙
𝕄𝕪 𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘
𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕀𝕕𝕖𝕒
𝕎𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕞𝕦
𝕁𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕪
ℝ𝕖𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
ℤ𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪
𝕊𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙 𝔸𝕟 𝕀𝕥𝕔𝕙
𝔽𝕝𝕦𝕗𝕗𝕪 𝕊𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕤
𝕆𝕦𝕥 𝕆𝕗 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙
𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝
𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕝𝕪 𝕆𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟
𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝔻𝕖𝕛𝕒 𝕍𝕦
𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

𝔸𝕝𝕞𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕊𝕒𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕖𝕕

1.8K 68 88
By EveGraceWrites

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

The last thing I remember was finally deciding on my plan B. I told Ivan I didn't have one but after I said it, I created one. I didn't want to tell them because I was 99% sure it would just kill me faster, apparently not.

I remember looking down at the lake from the top of the building and the second I let go of the valve, I ran and jumped off the edge as the building blew up behind me. I could feel the heat from the explosion through my clothes and I'm pretty sure the blast actually propelled me further so I didn't miss the water. So I guess that's a plus.

I mean, it's not for the people that worked there.

I couldn't tell them about my plan though, I didn't want to give them false hope but it worked.

Either that or I'm in some weird version of the afterlife considering there's a tube down my throat and medical staff swarmed around me.

That may be my version of hell.

I'm having my worst fear realised right now.

"Miss Fiore? Your at the hospital, we need to remove the tube from down your throat. We'll give you pain killers so it doesn't hurt but it will be uncomfortable, is that okay?" The male doctor asks and I nod my head.

I know the drill, I may have never had a tube down my throat but I'm a paramedic, I've intubated people on a weekly basis for years. I've never extubated them though but I've seen it many times.

The doctor pushes something into the IV I didn't even know I had in my hand and it rushes through my veins like ice for a split second before disappearing.

The nurses walk over to me and begin detach pieces of the ventilator from the machines and then they nod there heads as if to ask me if they can continue and I nod back.

They slowly pull the tube out of my throat and the sensation causes me to cough like I've been a regular smoker for the past fifty years.

Once I've coughed till my hearts content, I intake a large breath and rest my back against the bed.

"Are you okay?" The doctor asks, placing a cup of water on the table infront of me.

"I'd be a lot better if someone told me what the hell happened." I say, my voice sounds so hoarse to the point I sound like elderly man.

He's about to answer me when the door to the room busts open and the guys all rush in. Although they didn't do it single file so now they're all wedged in the fucking door like morons.

"Right, Ivan, you back out first." Eli says, looking at all of them wedged together.

"No I want to get in first." Ivan defends, trying to wriggle through the doorway.

"Okay, fine. Luca you back out." Eli instructs and Luca tries to wiggle his hips but he can't move.

"I'm stuck." Luca says, still wiggling his hips to shimmy out.

I look at the doctor who is covering his mouth with his hand to hide a laugh.

"Okay, Ivan. Kick Spence out of the middle and it will break us apart." Luca says and Eli shakes his head while Spencer's eyes widen.

"No! No! Don't kick me! I'll shimmy out." Spencer shouts.

"Spoil sport." Ivan mutters as Spencer begins to wiggle out of the centre of their jam.

Once he's free, the others practically fall forward and catch themselves before they face plant.

"Sorry about that." I mutter to the doctor who coughs to cover his laugh and nods his head. "So what actually happened? I remember my plan before I jumped off that death trap but nothing after that?"

"You fucking drowned that's what happened." Ivan tells me, sounding frustrated.

"I didn't ask you." I say sarcastically and look to the doctor.

"He's pretty much right. I mean I wouldn't have worded it like that but it's the truth. You drowned, the impact from the explosion knocked you out and when you went underwater you kept trying to breathe which obviously made you drown. The paramedics intubated..." the doctor is cut off when Eli raises his hand.

"I intubated you and Turner got your pulse back." Eli corrects and I nod my head.

"Right well, I'm going to update your charts. You'll be here for the next two days for us to keep an eye on you and after that, give it a week and you can get back to work." The doctor says before saying a quick goodbye and walking out the door.

When I look at the guys, they're all stood around me with annoyed looks on their faces, their arms crossed over their chests.

"Okay what is this? Planet of the apes? When did you all become gorillas?" I ask and each of them scoff, in sync.

My conclusion, they're extremely pissed right now.

"You know what guys. I'm feeling very ganged up on right now." I say, my voice still hoarse as I push myself further up the bed so I'm sat up.

Nobody says anything.

"Okay. Fine we'll sit in silence. None of you can come over to me and hug me. You've all just got to sit there. Not saying a word." I shrug, crossing my arms over my chest to match their stance.

I see Ivan's eyes widen and he looks to Eli in a panic.

"Stay strong." Eli mouths to him and Ivan nods his head, turning back to me with a stern look that I can see right through.

The silence is deafening but I won't break first they will. They always do.

Ivan's foot taps the ground like he's trying to stop himself from launching at me.

I grab the water the doctor left and take a sip through the straw and it cools down my burning throat slightly.

"This is nice." I sigh with a smile. "I've been waiting for all of you to be quiet for years, and this is all it takes." I add, eyeing Ivan.

"All it took was me dying, for silence." I say with a dramatic sigh and that's when Ivan breaks.

He runs towards me and plants his ass on the bed and rests his head on my shoulder while I sit up slightly so he can wrap his arms around me.

"Damnit Ivan!" Luca yells but I could tell if Ivan hadn't have broke first, it would have been him.

Luca comes over to us too and wraps his arms around the both of us. Spencer and Turner follow after, so they're all practically on top of eachother and I look at Elijah.

"Come on Eli." I say, my voice still hoarse. I give him a teasing smile and he relents, walking over and wrapping his arms around whoever he can.

"We're still mad at you." Luca mutters and I roll my eyes.

"Why?" I ask.

"For sacrificing yourself, why else?" Turner replies.

"I didn't sacrifice myself. I almost did." I correct and I feel someone slap the back of my head.

"Hey. I did it for you guys, Matt and the civilians. I wasn't going to let one of you guys do it. Plus I was in charge, it was literally my job to turn off the valves so. I love you all but get over it. I had a plan B." I tell them and they scoff.

"You didn't tell us you had a plan B." Spencer says and I nod my head because it's true.

"I didn't want to give you guys false hope. It would have been cruel." I mumble.

"I get it." Ivan mutters.

"Your too selfless. They're probably going to make you the next captain or something." Eli says and I roll my eyes.

They all pull away and stand back up while I look around and my eyes sadden slightly when I realise there's someone missing.

"Where's Matt?" I ask, looking down and fiddling with my fingers anxiously. "Has he left again?" I mutter.

The door opens and Uncle Stewart, Diane and Tiana all walk through with relieved looks on their faces.

Tiana rushes towards me and hugs me tightly and I'm slightly taken aback before wrapping my arms around her.

"God your worse than my brother!" She exclaims hugging me tighter. "Sacrificing yourself? Are you crazy?"

"For the second time. I didn't sacrifice myself, I almost sacrificed myself but I'm alive. Although I feel a little dead right now." I reply as she pulls away from me and then Stewart replaces her arms with his own.

"Your going to give me a heart attack well before my time." He mutters.

"I had a plan B!" I defend causing him to chuckle.

"You always have a plan b and a plan c." He adds and i nod my head in agreement.

"To be fair. If it was any of us up there. We wouldn't have had the idea to jump." Luca adds pointing to the guys who agree with him.

"See. I'm smart." I say, pulling away from Stewart and tapping my finger against my head.

Diane walks over to me with a roll of her eyes and hugs me too, I'm getting a lot of hugs today and don't get me wrong I appreciate it, but there's one person I really want one from and he's not here.

"You gave us all the fright of our lives." Diane mutters, kissing the side of my head.

The door opens again and my eyes snap to it, hoping it's Matt but it's not.

To be honest, the person who walks through the door is even more shocking.

"Papa Amatos?" I ask as the old man scans the room and his eyes land on me as he lets out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank god for that!" He shouts, placing a hand on his chest.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Didn't Matteo tell you? I'm working from home now. Figured I should be around to watch my son and my second daughter raise a child together." He says and my body tenses.

"That's not going to happen considering your son explicitly told me I meant nothing to his daughter." I mutter as Paul walks over to me and kisses my cheek.

"He's stupid then." Paul says as he pulls away from me.

I look around at the nine people in the room still searching for one person.

"He left didn't he? He's gone back to ours, got his stuff and left again right?" I ask causing everyone and I mean every single one of them to spare glances at eachother.

He's left.

He's gone and he's not coming back.

"Right." I whisper nodding my head and looking back down at my fingers. "It's fine. So he left. I expected nothing less."

"Well have a little more faith." Someone scoffs causing me to look up and when my eyes land on the figure standing in the door I swear I almost start crying on the spot.

Matts stood there, Aida in his arms who seems ten times bigger then the last time I saw her and pieces of paper in his hand.

"Mama!" Aid squeals and my heart leaps in my chest, my face breaking into the biggest grin. She's trying to get out of Matt's arms so he rushes over to me and leans down so I can take her.

"Hi bambina!" I exclaim, taking her in my arms and kissing her head and this time there is tears in my eyes. I haven't held her in nearly three weeks.

Matt places the papers in his hand on the table beside me, facing down.

"What are they?" I ask, nodding towards the paper.

"Nothing, just some forms for Aida." He says nonchalantly but panic rises in me.

"Forms? Forms for what? What's wrong?" I ask in a panic and he shakes his head at me.

"Nothing like that. It's just stuff from the daycare and some other stuff. She's fine." He reassures me and I nod, looking down at the baby in my arms that's smiling at me brightly.

I look at her dark hair that's grown so much since I last saw her and is now curling around her ears.

I can't help but grin, right now I've forgotten what Matt said all those weeks ago, all that matters right now is that she's here.

I look up at Matt who's standing right beside us and my eyes lock with his for the first time in weeks and everything I've tried to convince myself I didn't feel while I was furious, comes crashing back to me like a tsunami.

Fuck I hate him.

I don't.

Actually I- honestly I don't know what the fucking word is but I want to hate him. I want to be furious at him.

Damn him for looking like that and then looking at me like that.

He staring at me like I'm the most important thing in the world to him but I'm not. I know I'm not, no matter how much I want to be.

I break my eyes away and smile back down at Aida and I hear a gasp.

"Is that it?" Turner asks.

"That's all we get?" Luca adds and my brows furrow.

"This a fucking scam!" Ivan exclaims.

"There's no way, all we get is some eye locking so good you forgot we were in the room." Eli deadpans.

"There's got to be more than that." Spencer says with a raised eyebrow.

"I agree with Spencer." Tiana chimes in.

"Shocker. I mean seriously I'm severely shocked you'd agree with Spencer on something. I mean look at my shocked face." I say sarcastically pointing to my face not displaying any shock at all and Tiana rolls her eyes.

They both blush and i scoff.

"This is ridiculous. Your single and your single. Your going on a date, tomorrow night. End of discussion." I exclaim and both their eyes widen.

"But-"

"No buts!" I shout holding up a hand.

"What if-"

"Ah!" I shout holding up my hand to him too. "He'll pick you up tomorrow night at seven." I tell Tiana and then look back to Spencer with a look.

"Right Spence?" I ask.

"Uh yeah." He says shyly and i scoff.

"Did you tell Matt that she's the one you kissed and not saggy titty Dotty from your building?" Ivan asks and Matt's head snaps over to him while Ivan's eyes widen.

"I'll take that as a no." Ivan mutters so Eli sends him a look and Ivan nods his head then he backs himself against the wall.

"Reflection time." Eli mouths to me and I nod my head while trying to suppress a laugh.

Spencer opens his mouth multiple times to defend himself but no words fall from his lips.

"I just- you know. Sometimes. Sometimes I don't like old ladies and blondes instead. Of course some blondes have saggy tits-"

"Spencer!" I shout cutting him off and he looks beyond thankful. "We get the point."

"Don't hate me man." Spencer sighs, looking at the ground.

Matt crosses his arms over his chest and looks at him sternly but I can see the hidden meaning behind it.

"I've literally only got two words for you Spence." Matt grumbles.

"Imma guess the first one is fuck and the second one is off." Spencer guesses in a high pitch voice.

"No." Matt says. "It's, good luck."

Spencer's face washes in relief and confusion at the same time.

"She's a fucking handful, your going to be pulling your hair out after a week and asking for new ear drums because she's broken them with all her squealing. We actually had a hamster once that died because she screamed that much. I swear one morning it had written 'help me' on the cage door." Matt says and my eyes widen.

"That's why Dorothy died? Mama Amato told me she had to have it put down because she was sick!" I exclaim looking over at Diane.

"Well, it kind of was but it got so scared from Tiana's screaming that I think it had a heart attack." Diane explains and my eyes snap to Tiana.

"I loved that hamster." I tell her and she looks guiltily at the ground.

"If it helps, I asked mom to replace it so you wouldn't know but we couldn't find one that looked like her." Tiana mutters.

"My point is. Good luck Spence, if you need a good ENT doctor, I know one." Matt interrupts.

"Wait your serious?"

"About the ear nose and throat doctor? Yes." Matt jokes and I roll my eyes.

"No. I mean. Your not pissed?" Spencer asks and Matt shakes his head.

"Why would I be? She doesn't shut the fuck up about you. Do you know how many nights her and Ev sat in the living room going over her five year plan and then-"

"Matt!" Both Tiana and I yell simultaneously.

There's no way Spencer can know what we talked about after that, believe me I'm still trying to forget myself.

I shudder at the thought because Ew.

Spencer straightens his shoulders and smirks at Tiana.

"Five year plan?" He asks and her eyes widen and she begins to sputter.

"Well five years isn't that long. It's not as long as ten years. I- wait no. Okay it sounds bad but erm." She rambles and then sighs when she realises her sentence isn't going anywhere.

Okay, they're perfect for eachother.

"Okay! This is beautiful. Really, it's touching but can we talk about the other two over there?" Turner asks, pointing to me and Matt.

Damnit, I thought I changed the subject permanently. I send Turner a glare and he just smiles, the dick knew what he was doing.

"Oh yeah!" Tiana exclaims with an evil smile and I close my eyes, maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

"So is that really all we're going to get?" Ivan asks, stepping off the wall and back into the group, I guess he's done with his reflection time.

"What do you want us to do?" I ask.

"Literally anything." Eli chimes in and I roll my eyes, so does Matt.

Matt kisses his finger tips and presses them to my forehead like he did months ago when I got my promotion.

I kiss my own fingertips and gesture him to bend down which he does and then I slap him across the face...and I mean I slap him. His face whips to the side and everyone gasps while Aida starts laughing hysterically.

Huh, I guess I am still a little mad.

"You deserved that." I tell him and he nods his head while Aida continues laughing like a madman. "Maybe I should do it again." I chuckle gesturing to his baby and he shakes his head.

The side of his face begins to turn red with my hand print and my eyes widen. I didn't think I hit him that hard. I lift my hand up and run my fingers over the mark.

"I'm so sorry." I tell him, I mean I'm not very sorry. I just feel a little guilty.

"Your not sorry at all are you?" Paul asks with a laugh and I shake my head slightly.

"I am a little bit." I mutter, taking my hand off his face.

"It's fine, your right. I deserve it." Matt says and my eyes soften.

For fucks sake.

He's even being nice about me slapping him. Fuck him.

I mean I woul-

"You do deserve it son." Paul interrupts my thoughts.

"I know I do. That's why she can slap me as much as she wants. I don't care." He replies and my eyes widen then soften...again.

I hate that I'm like this now.

"You've just given her a free pass my friend." Luca laughs and I shake my head. I'm not going to hit him again, even if I want too.

To be honest, I didn't know I was going to slap him until he was slapped.

"She's allowed it." Matt grumbles when Aida lets out a squeal.

She clearly agrees.

"Wait. What fucking day is it? How long was I out?" I ask, suddenly realising I have no clue how long I was intubated for.

Oh my god.

What if I was out for weeks and that's why Aida looks so much older all of a sudden.

This is going to be some Brooklyn 99 shit.

"About six weeks." Ivan says and my eyes widen and my heart just stops beating. I mean, it did six weeks ago why not again now.

Wait what.

Six fucking weeks.

It's been over a month?

I've been in hospital for over a month, not moving or breathing on my own?

Now my brain is having a service error.

"Your kidding right?" I ask and everyone is silent.

Completely silent.

Before Ivan bursts into a fit of laughter causing everyone else to do the same.

What the fuck.

"We're just messing with you!" Ivan yells through his hysterical laughing and my face drops.

Messing with me?

"It's been two days." Eli says with a chuckle.

I'm glad they all found that funny because I fucking didn't.

"I hate every single one of you!" I shout giving all of them a glare.

"Matt made us do it!" Ivan shouts pointing over at Matt and my eyebrows raise.

"Oh did he?" I ask causing Matt to shuffle away from me with a cough.

"He's going to regret that." Diane whispers to her husband who nods his head.

"He's going to regret being born." Tiana adds.

"No it's fine." I say with a sarcastic smile. "Absolutely fine."

"That's terrifying." Spencer mutters.

"It was just a joke right? So I guess if you happen to lose all your hair one night that would just be a joke too? Or if a scorpion happened to appear in your bed or if you were eating a meal and the extra crunch in it was dried crickets, it'd just be hilarious right?" I ask and I see Paul pressing his lips together to stop himself from laughing. "You know, if you don't leave and live in another country before then."

That may have been a low blow but I've said it now.

"I'm not leaving." Matt deadpans, like that's all he heard from what I said.

"Yeah. Okay and I'm the queens long lost daughter." I say with a roll of my eyes trying to cover up the actual hurt I'd feel if he actually left.

"Rest in peace Lizzie." Ivan says doing a cross with his hand, then kissing his fingertips and holding them up.

"I'm not leaving Ev." He repeats, interrupting Ivan and i scoff.

"You always leave Teo. You can never settle down anywhere." I mutter.

"Nowhere else felt like home." He responds so smoothly.

I don't even know what to say back to that, nothing serious anyway.

"Well considering you grew up here I'd say this is your home dipshit. What did you think you were raised in Russia? Think again." I say and he rolls his eyes before they land on mine.

"It's not the fact I grew up here that makes it feel like home you stubborn shit." He replies, his eyes never straying from mine. What's he trying to say?

What do I say?

Well it's me so I change the subject.

"So Spencer where you taking Tia?" I ask and everyone starts talking and at some point I fall asleep, who knew after two days of being unconscious, you'd still be exhausted.

༻༺━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━༻༺

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

AN:
Sorry in advance again.

If I stroke your spine
will you open up for me?

I apologise again😭😭😭

Don't forget to vote, comment and share ⭐️

Lots of love V❤️

.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑*̑˚̑*̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 581 42
A slow burn romance between fire fighter turned paramedic Ellie and Trauma surgeon Archer. Ellie- Moving back home after a personal lose Ellie thro...
19.8M 552K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
340K 13.7K 57
"So what now?" "I don't know, Em." ***** CLOSER TO YOU TRILOGY ***** After the second chance of a lifetime, Emma Carter and Beau Lewis decide to call...
136K 3.9K 74
Losing someone is never easy. Especially if it's your best friend. Being in love with that someone though, makes it even more complicated. * Harry an...