BITTERSWEET TRAGEDY-DAISY JON...

By aztrcncmy

I'm done with your bittersweet, bittersweet tragedy It's no fun, when I'm sitting all alone You're right in f... More

Bittersweet Tragedy
001: before it all
002: the gardens
003: the six
004: grand betrayal
005: seveneightnine
007: breakdown
008: its all an act
009: locked in
010: changes are happening
011: could this be the end
012: life after death
013: blinded by love
014: crashing down
015: one last goodbye
016: singing at a funeral

006: the truth comes out

3.9K 177 56
By aztrcncmy

After Karen and Aracely broke things off, things became different. Not just for them, but for the band as well. On the heels of their thrilling performance at the Whisky, Runner announced that Daisy Jones would be the opening act on The Six's world tour, dubbed the Numbers Tour. Billy appealed to Rod, Teddy, and Rich Palentino to change their minds and drop Daisy from the ticket, but he was finally forced to agree to the billing when Teddy showed him that ticket sales were climbing rapidly. Holdover dates were being added to the itinerary. As the band and Daisy set out on tour, "Honeycomb" had just hit the Top 20.

BILLY: I wasn't focused on who was opening for us. I was focused on how to stay sober on the tour. It was my first time out on the road since rehab.

ARACELY: I was more focused on finishing the tour, so I could leave the band. I couldn't stand to have to see Karen every waking minute.

CAMILA: I was two months pregnant, and everyday Aracely would call me crying on the phone. That's another reason I joined them on the road, my best friend needed me.

KAREN: She took the breakup harder than I did. It's not that I wasn't upset—we just wanted different things. She wanted something serious, I wanted...i'm not sure what I wanted actually.

EDDIE: Broke my heart seeing Aracely bummed out. I never asked why she was upset, I was simply the shoulder she'd cry on.

The band played their first show in Nashville at the Exit/In, this time allowing Daisy to open for them. The crowds went wild. They were all on this high—people wanted to hear them, to see them.

BILLY: I could feel my microphone vibrating as they screamed and stomped their feet and I thought, Holy shit, we're rockstars.

By the end of 1976, "Honeycomb" had peaked at number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. The band, along with Daisy, had performed the song on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert and The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. They had finished up their North American tour dates and were gearing up for the short European leg of the tour. Camila Dunne, now six months pregnant, returned with Julia to Los Angeles.

ARACELY: Everything was happening so fast. All I could think of was my daughter—and how much I missed her. I wasn't like Billy. I couldn't constantly bringing my daughter on the road with me. It sucked not being about to see her.

EDDIE: Aracely and I began growing closer and forming a deeper bond. We constantly talked when we were on the road, and I thought to myself 'how could someone not love this girl?' That's when I realized I was falling for my best friend.

KAREN: I watched as Eddie fell for Aracely—hell, anyone in the room could see it. He was head over heels for her. I mean who wouldn't be? She was magnificent.

ARACELY: I decided not to join the band on the European tour—I couldn't put myself through it. I needed a break, and to be with my daughter. She was turning three, I couldn't miss this birthday. I had already missed so much.

BILLY: I was pissed, that's the only way to describe my feelings. Why would she want to leave when we were doing so well?

EDDIE: Aracely told me to go with her, to meet her daughter and family. Of course I went, it's not like the band really needed me. I bet Billy was happy to replace me for a few shows.

ARACELY: My sister Emilia was also pursuing music at the time, so I told the band to give her a chance. Besides all I was to them were backup vocals.

EMILIA: I didn't mind playing while my sister went to see her daughter. I knew how much it pained her to not watch Mara grow up. She won't admit it, but I'm ninety-nine percent sure that's the reason my sister left the band.

ARACELY: I only missed three shows, Billy kept calling and telling us to come back.

EDDIE: Asshole ruined our trip, but we made the most of it. I met her daughter properly this time. Aracely was a talented musician, but her true calling was to be a mother.

DAISY: Those three shows without Eddie and Aracely, were definitely something. We were shit without them, so Billy forced them to come back.

KAREN: The shows without Aracely were difficult. Just because she was a good player...that's all.

When Aracely and Eddie finally returned there was tension between the band. Tension between Billy and Daisy, Eddie and Billy, Karen and Aracely—tension all around.

ARACELY: We just had to keep going. There was no point in dwelling on something we couldn't change.

BILLY: Once Aracely came back, things made sense again. We weren't a band without her. I'm not just saying that to say it...she was incredible. We couldn't do it without her.

ARACELY: Once we finished the tour, I was out. I couldn't be in the shadows anymore. Daisy was clearly the new face of the band. They didn't need me.

EDDIE: Aracely told me she wanted to leave the band. As much as I hated the thought of her not being with us, there was nothing I could do. I would support her, whether she was in the band or not.

The band was all staying at a hotel. During this Hank Allen was in Daisy's hotel room, Daisy realized that she shouldn't be with Hank. I'm fact everyone knew Hank was bad news.

GRAHAM: It was pretty clear to everybody that Daisy needed to drop Hank.

ROD: There are a lot of slimy managers out there and they make the rest of us look bad. Hank was taking advantage of Daisy, clear as day. Somebody needed to be looking out for her.
I said, "Daisy, if you need help, I'm here."

DAISY: I broke things off with Hank after our sound check. I just couldn't handle being with him.

Meanwhile Karen called Graham from her hotel room. It was clear she wanted something, and she was determined to get it.

GRAHAM: I was waiting for Billy when my phone rang.

KAREN: I don't know why it was that day that I decided to do it.

GRAHAM: I said, "Hi." And Karen just said, "Hi."

KAREN: We were sort of quiet on the phone for a second. And then I said, "How come you've never made a move on me?" I could hear him drinking a beer. I could hear him take a sip. He said, "I don't take shots I know I'll miss."
It was out of my mouth before I'd decided to say it. I said, "I don't think you'll miss, Dunne."
And then as soon as I said it, there was a dial tone.

GRAHAM: I have never run anywhere faster than down that hall to her room.

KAREN: Three seconds later—that's not an exaggeration— there's a knock on my door. I opened it and Graham was out of breath. A tiny run down the hall and he was out of breath.

GRAHAM: I looked right at her. She was so gorgeous. Those thick eyebrows. I'm a sucker for a girl with thick eyebrows. I said, "What are you saying to me?"

KAREN: I said, "Just go for it, Graham."

GRAHAM: I stepped right into her room, I shut the door behind me, and I grabbed that woman and kissed her good.

EDDIE: I was sitting in my room that night, just playing the bass. Everyone was doing God knows what, and I was just alone. That was until I heard a knock on my door. I opened the door, and saw Aracely standing there.

ARACELY: It took me quiet some time to realize what my feelings towards Eddie were. I couldn't tell if they were platonic or not. After our trip, I realized I loved this man. The way he cared for my daughter, as if she were his own. I knew I was in love with him.

EDDIE: She said 'I love you, not just as a friend. I love you Eddie...probably more than i've ever loved anyone.' I pulled her inside and kissed her. Finally, finally she was mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389 0 40
Stuck in my head and I can't get you out
5.4K 203 68
I feel like nobody loves me. It seems like everyone is out to get me. Sometimes I want to just kill my self. I have 2 fucked up parents. My favorite...
992 39 22
read at your own risk p.s English is not my first language so bare with me and sorry in advance
12.4K 489 35
you don't know what you got until it's gone.