Pandemonium | vol. 01 ✓

By Jian_Senpai

"Pandemonium, a school where magic is power and those too weak to seek it shall kneel to the strong who wield... More

Foreword
00 - Prologue
01 - Fall Of Sky
02 - Welcome to Hell
03 - Stealing Ranks
04 - Periwinkle Eyes
05 - Snowdrop
06 - Bitter Root
07 - A Dream Once Shattered
08 - Walking on Air
09 - Secrets Kept
10 - A Gilded Cage is Still a Cage
11 - A Truth Untold
12 - A Paradox
13 - The Bastard Son
14 - What's in a Name
15 - Spiraling Shadows
16 - Survival is a Talent
17 - Insidia
18 - New World Order
19 - The Spider's Web
20 - Crimson
21 - Peace
22 - The Soldier
23 - The Warrior
24 - Siren Song
25 - Falling Down the Rabbit Hole
26 - More Like Falling Beneath the Lake
28 - Avalon
29 - A Turn of Perspective
30 - Fool's Gold
31 - Welcome Aboard
32 - Hero
33 - Homecoming
34 - The Shivaa Tribe
35 - Fuck this cult oh my god
36 - Zealot
37 - Shame on u & ur cow
38 - Circumstances
39 - Fearless
40 - The Prometheus Team
41 - Shadow Travel
42 - Rjukan Trap
43 - Monsters
44 - The Walls
45 - The Not-Fieldtrip Trip
46 - Children of the Revolution
47 - Drifting Apart
48 - Finding Von
49 - Dragon Heart
50 - Hubris
51 - The Vanishing Act
52 - Blasphemy
53 - The Virus
54 - Exodus
55 - Judas Kiss
56 - The Reckoning
57 - If the Crown Fits
58 - Chasing Freedom
59 - A Body Without a Soul
60 - Fall of Pandemonium
61 - Welcome to Sky Academy

27 - The Land Beyond

89 9 0
By Jian_Senpai

A memory forcefully dislodge itself at the back of my mind, of my grandfather Topaz sitting beside me on a swing chair, rubbing my back as I cry my little heart out at the death of my pet canary. He told me then that life is about finding the good among the bad, that it isn't one long string of happiness with sad times tucked in between. I am sad today, but that does not mean I will never be happy again.

"Life is what it is; a struggle more often than not, and you'll never be content unless you learn how to find the moments that matter."

I learned the truth to those words years later, when all that is left to me is a broken imitation of the life I had. It is talking and drinking from the well with my training partners and instructors after a day of grueling training. It is the meals for birthdays and anniversaries that we find a way to celebrate in spite of the scarcity of food. It is the small things we share in a time where darkness prevails.

"Seize joy where you may find it, my princess." I remember him saying.

Matapos pumayag ng lalaki ay tumalikod na siya at sumakay sa isa sa mga sasakyang naghihintay at tuluyan ng umalis, sumunod rin sa kaniya ang iba pa, samantalang ang mga may pakpak naman ay piniling lumipad. I watched them for awhile, mystified by the way their velvety wings move and caught the wind, the sound they make when they beat or flutter their wings.

I was once again reminded of Von's euphemism about butterflies and jars and flying free. Everyone who could fly, should fly.

"Fucking hell." Lestrad's colorful vocabulary and a splashing sound from behind made me turn to look.

It was the fish people, and they don't look very fishy anymore. Where before they had fish tails, gills at the side of their necks, and skin dotted with scales, now they have legs and an otherwise smooth skin.

Ang iba sa kanila ay naglalakad na sa pampang patungo sa mga sasakyang naghihintay, while the others are still on the process of shifting. Their gills sealed itself shut, and the scales on their skin receded until it vanished into their skin entirely. But what really surprised me is the way their tails shrunk, lost its vibrant color until it resembled human flesh, and separated to reveal two very normal looking legs. It was a weird and slightly traumatizing process.

"It's rude to stare, y'know?" Turan ng babaeng tinawag nilang Jeanne. She, Bindwind, and Alaric are all watching us from where they stood near the vehicles.

"Lay off Jeanne, it's their first time." Alaric chirped in, "I remember when I first saw them too, gawked like a moron."

"Yes, and Dwyn almost drowned you for that." Bindwind told Alaric with an amused tilt to his lips, he turned to us and said in a more serious tone, "They don't like getting gawked at like common animals in a zoo."

"Does anyone?" Lestrad asked with a raised brown.

"Heh! Probably not." Alaric answered just as Jeanne said, "We should go."

Hindi na kami hinintay na sumagot ni Jeanne bago niya kami talikuran. Kaagad na sumunod sa kaniya si Alaric, kaya't wala na kaming nagawa kun'di ang sumunod sa kanilang dalawa.

"What a bitch." Lestrad muttered again, though I'd have to agree.

Huling sumakay si Bindwind, malamang ay para makasigurong hindi kami tatakbo. The vehicle was a futuristic looking and bluish gray carriage like thing with pitch black lines running up and down its sides and an open roof, there is also a long bench on both sides, facing each other, that could easily fit at least 5 people each so there's a lot of space. An awkward silence lapsed as we sat facing each other.

Binalingan ko ng palihim na tingin si Frost, para lang makita kung paano siya nagre-react so far. At gaya ng inaasahan ko, his face is as emotionless as the first time I met him. This is the perfect chance to get rid of a powerful enemy player, I though to myself. Surely not even someone with his power can win against this many people? Althought magiging problema ang pagbabalik namin sa Pandemonium ng wala si Frost gayong sigurado ako na maraming nakakita sa amin na madukot ng magkakasama.

Again, why in the hell did Frost have to come with us? I mentally groaned. I'll just have to cross that bridge once I've dealt with the most worrying issue, namely: the queen of the people who took us.

The silence lasted for about three minutes before Jeanne speak again, eyes never leaving the three of us like a very paranoid guard dog. Which maybe she is.

"Who's the other one?" She asked me, nodding to Lestrad's direction.

Which made Lestrad's hackles rise like a cat does when you stepped on its tail, "The other one can speak for himself, and his name is Johann Lestrad."

Jeanne's eyes narrowed, "Feisty." her shoulders tensing like a dog preparing to lunge and bite. If she had dog ears it'd be lying flat on her head.

I haven't seen a cat and dog brawl, but I think perhaps this is what it will look like. Even the others look vaguely amused with the exchange.

"Who are you anyway?"

"Jeanne Sylvan."

"Sylvan?" I cut them off, eyes going wide.

She can't mean... my grandfather Dylan's last name is Sylvan, he's my mother's father. And I remember mom having a half brother on my grandfather's side, uncle Raven or was it Rene? Renzo or something similar? Mom said she only met him at 18 and he lived far from the palace so they're not close. I couldn't even remember his face, but I do think I remember him having a daughter and a wife.

"Yes, what of it?" She asked sharply, eyes piercing me like a well sharpened dagger.

Her eyes aren't a plain hazel, as it turned out, there are golden flecks in them. I can't help but stare, enchanted by the way those eyes shine with ire. But it wasn't a deep rooted resentment like the ones I've seen on people like Lestrad and Hale.

You haven't seen real war, have you? I wanted to ask, but restrained myself. Jeanne Sylvan has a heart of cut diamonds, strong in character and of high integrity, though I wonder how much she'll change once put under pressure. There's just so much even a gemstone as durable as diamonds can take, after all.

"Nothing." I shrugged carelessly, but deep inside I'm screaming bloody murder. "Just thought I've heard it before."

"You have a knack for hearing obscure names, haven't you?" Bindwind commented with a raised brow.

"What can I say, I'm good like that."

Ibinaling ko nalang ang atensyon ko sa dinaraanan namin to avoid broaching that particular topic, kailangan ko munang ma-contact sina Lolo para malaman kung pinsan ko nga ba talaga itong si Jeanne. Ni hindi ko kailangang magpanggap na abala sa pagsuri sa paligid namin dahil talaga namang nakakamangha ang lugar na ito.

There's an abundance of foliage here, like something straight out of a fairy tale. The forest surrounding the water we emerged from is a vast old-growth one, nature has run wild, but there is a worn path way with which our vehicle followed. The oak-brown trees are awe inspiring, their knotted arms rose ever upwards, as if seeking the heavens. An orchestra of bird-song can be heard from behind leaf covered branches, and down bellow animals of all sort roam around dew covered grass, some peaking through the shrubbery as if curious of the intruders.

And at the end of the forest, a palace covered in a myriad of flowers and evergreen plants can be seen in the distance, its towering spires shimmering beneath the sun's burning glare.

Hindi ko alam kung anong inaasahan ko. Siguro ay isang maliit na komunidad na gaya ng sa pinanggalingan ko kung saan naninirahan 'yong mga ninais tumakas mula kay Lacx at sa mga tao niya, o maaaring isang lihim na samahang itinayo upang kalabanin si Lacx. Pero wala sa dalawa ang bumungad sa amin.

There was a sort of village a short ride away that stood between the forest and the palace. The houses are made of fabricated bamboos banded together by tree strings, with thatched roofs of nipa grass and decorative figures of dried flowers and sea shells hanging from open windows.

The air smells strongly of freshly tilled soil with the underlying notes of bark, moss and wood oils, and the lingering scent of the lake that seem to cling to the people here.

May iilang mga tao ang nakatayo at pinapanood kami, most of them, I noticed, have the same facial markings. All of them looked on in slight worry and fascination, turning to their companion and murmuring to each other.

The village was so normal it hurt.

We crossed a wooden bridge atop crystal clear water, and then came the palace. It is a medieval looking castle with spires and towers taller than any in the area, all shrouded by plant-life of all kinds. They feature floats of flowers in grand fountains, magnificent staircases curving around vine covered Doric pillars, ornamental brackets and old traditional sconce decorating the walls, and an enchanting sort of light and magic that permeates the air.

"Welcome to the Lost City of Avalon."

[March 06, 2023]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.1K 38
fantasy story with a bit of romance. take not A BIT ONLY. I'm not that expert to write a romance or love story, so this will be more on a fantasy sto...
427K 1.1K 200
Isang seksing artista at napakagandang si Ysla Paraiso ang nagbakasyon sakay ng isang cruise ship, ngunit nagbago ang lahat nang mapadpad sila sa isa...