The Witcher's Grimoire - Gera...

By VillanelleBurnham

Sometimes romance could be a difficult thing for Geralt to differentiate from his high libido but with this w... More

Chapter 1 - "I Read About Your Kind."
Chapter 2 - "Get out of the way Geralt!."
Chapter 3 - "Halfway Across the Continent."
Chapter 4 - "We Stick Together."
Chapter 5 - "Did you not like that? ... Butcher of Blaviken."
Chapter 6 - "Everything Comes At A Price."
Chapter 8 - "That's All You Want Us To Be?"

Chapter 7 - "We Can't Let This Be The End."

195 12 2
By VillanelleBurnham

Y/n dragged Geralts body over to a fallen tree in the woods, propping him up against the makeshift wall. Dragging him over was no simple chore. She was out of breath, panting while the weight of the man crushing her arms, she managed to slide her arms out from between the bark of the tree and his back.

She straddled the man holding his face and lightly smacking his face trying to wake the grumpy Witcher. His eyes were fluttering in a berzerk manner. "C'mon Witcher, you're not passing out on me before we even get to the fucking beast's nest. This was all your idea after all, you imbecile!"

She yelled the insult so loud she managed to scare away some of the wildlife in the surrounding environment.

Geralt was sat in his trance-like state still in the throne room beside the Queen as she was too busy scalding her daughter, Princess Pivetta.

"Damn this cursed thing. I'd as soon see this night out in armour." The queen groaned in the comfort of her throne with Geralt placed to her right earning a simple, "As would I." From the man only for the queen to approvingly nod, "Indeed... Tell me, how does a witcher find himself at my daughter's wedding feast dressed like a..." Before she could finish her sentence looking at his clothes she began to laugh.

He remained silent for a minute in an attempt to remember what he had actually arrived here for all those years ago, "I'm protecting the bard from vengeful royal cuckolds."

"Hm! Idiots, the lot of them. Still, I'm glad of your company, which could prove handy. I have no doubt blood will spill here tonight."

"Ah, save the good Queen's breath. I'm not for hire as a bodyguard." He humbly spoke approaching the topic with grace

"You were hired just so by the bard." She pointed out only for Geralt to point out"I'm helping the idiot free of his coin."

"And he's the idiot? I'm simply saying, surely if all goes to hell here tonight, I can count on you to strategically remove certain irritants that may present themselves." She whispered towards Geralt only to then add, "I'd do so myself, only I'm bound to uphold an artifice of decorum and... fairness."

Remembering the events of the night he grumbled in his deep voice "I can't help you."

"So perilously direct. As Queen, I could command it." She spoke only for the Witcher to retaliate with a simple statement, "If I were one of your subjects."

"I could torture you so very slowly into compliance. " She half joked not sending any form of worry or concern Geralts way knowing what the future held for the queen and her kingdom.

Unbeknownst to him he was saying everything word by word not caring too much for the old conversation he had once again, spaced out being careful to scan the crowd before a short weasel-like man walked up before them asking for the princess's hand in marriage. but at that moment this was all old news. He wanted to see Y/n.

"My marriage to your daughter will unite the jewels of the north and south, forging an unbreakable alliance that none would dare cross." He paused for dramatic effect only to continue with a stingy line that never quite sat right with Geralt. "And... I am one of five brothers with no sisters. My potent seed inside Pavetta will produce the strongest of male heirs.

Calanthe Was sure to silence the room before she spoke ready to turn him down as brutal yet appealing to their audience. "Cintra is indeed the jewel of the north, yet Nilfgaard remains the shit rag of the south, and that's saying something!

A burst of laughter and jeering erupted from the crowd in support of the lioness of Cintra

"Tell me, is it true you drink piss water and feast on your own young?" She taunted without care for the man, his intentions or what lay ahead for the future of her people, Geralt knowing the truth as to what would come to be.

Back in the present day, Y/n sat beside Geralt, legs crossed and hands over his chest trying desperately to break him from his trance, "Please Geralt, don't leave me and die like this!" She begged getting more and more frustrated.

Y/n's voice was filled with desperation and frustration as she pleaded with Geralt to snap out of his trance. She knew that his life was hanging by a thread, and she couldn't afford to lose him now, especially when they were on a dangerous mission.

She continued to shake him and slap his face gently, hoping to jolt him back to consciousness. "Geralt, wake up! We need to go. The beast's nest is waiting for us, and we can't afford to waste any more time!"

Back in his trance, he tried to follow what he did as closely as possible not wanting to mess up the timeline, but as soon as Pivettas hedgehog husband made an appearance things got a bit tricky.

Y/n's attempts to wake Geralt became more urgent as she realized the beast was no longer dormant. She could hear it marching around and hid Geralt body in the crevice of the ground from the root of a large tree

She shook him one last time in a desperate attempt to wake him, her voice tinged with panic. "Geralt, please! We can't let this be the end. We have to face the beast together. Snap out of it!"

But Geralt wasn't moving from his trance-like state any time soon, Y/n's heart pounded in her chest as she realized that the beast was stirring and drawing closer. She couldn't afford to waste any more time trying to wake Geralt, casting a quick protection spell over Geralt she stayed close to the ground running to another tree in the hopes of drawing the beast away from Geralts unconscious body.

As the beast caught a glimpse of her, it let out a thunderous roar and charged in her direction. Y/n managed to dodge its initial attack, rolling to the side with her cat-like reflexes. She drew her sword gifted to her by the Witcher himself, ready to face the ferocious creature head-on.

The battle that followed was intense and harrowing. The beast was a formidable adversary, its massive claws and sharp teeth posing a serious threat. Y/n had to rely on her agility, quick thinking, and combat skills to stay one step ahead of the creature's relentless assault.

Despite her best efforts, the creature managed to land a few blows, causing Y/n to stagger back.

The large beast looked impossible to beat. She could have opened a portal to put it away but they needed evidence of its death and she knew she couldn't do this without Geralt. But she refused to give in, gritting her teeth and pushing forward. She knew that she had to endure the pain and keep the beast's focus on her, all while being mindful of her surroundings and Geralt's safety.

But just as she convinced herself there was hope, a second beast emerged from its next, "Fuck,"

Y/n's heart sank as the second beast joined the battle. The odds were now stacked heavily against her, and she realized that she couldn't take on two of these creatures at once. She needed Geralt's help, but he was still trapped in his trance, seemingly unresponsive.

With the two beasts closing in while trying to surround her, Y/n had to think quickly whilst avoiding their eye contact not wanting to be put in their trance.

She made a split-second decision and used her magic to create a distance between herself and the creatures. She was now farther away from the creatures, deciding to catch her breath for a moment. taking every moment she could in order to recover.

Her mind raced as she tried to come up with a plan. She knew that she had to wake Geralt, but she couldn't do it while being pursued by the beasts. Y/n continued to lead the creatures away from Geralt's unconscious body, hoping to buy herself enough time to bring him back to his senses.

Y/n lured the beasts deeper into the woods, using her knowledge to gain the upper hand. She ducked and weaved through the trees, using her speed and agility to outmanoeuvre the massive creatures using their own habitat against them. At times, she managed to land some well-placed strikes on their vulnerable spots, but the beasts' thick hides offered substantial protection.

Meanwhile, back at the fallen tree, Geralt's trance started to wane. The connection between him and Y/n was strong, and the intense danger she was facing stirred something within him.

Y/n continued to use her magic and combat skills, dodging and evading as many of the fiends' attacks as she could but wasn't always successful but now she was getting sloppy. She was getting tired. The beasts were relentless, and she was running out of options. Just as she was about to conjure another spell, one had hit her and the other managed to pin her down knocking the wind out of her and her sword too, now too far out of grasp.

She lifted her hand in order to set off a fire spelling the beast's face but caught sight of its third eye. And she was doomed. In a state of hypnosis, she was doomed with nothing to save her

As Y/n was trapped in the creature's hypnotic gaze, her mind began to fog, and her body became paralyzed. It was as if she was stuck in a trance herself, unable to move or break free from the beast's control.

The creature's third eye seemed to have a powerful and bewitching effect that overwhelmed her senses which she could not break.

"Oi!" Someone roared sending a small forceful shove 'Aard' at the beast that stood threatening the life of Y/n. The two diverted their attention from the woman and in turn, both decided that it was about time to catch another creature in their trance

Geralt could see Y/n still lying on the ground, seemingly helpless. He knew that he needed to break the hold the beast had on her, but he couldn't get close enough to her without endangering himself as the two beasts stood in his way He decided to use his Witcher signs, hoping that Aard or Axii might disrupt the creature's concentration.

With a swift hand movement, Geralt cast Aard towards the creatures, creating a powerful shockwave that sent them stumbling backwards. It bought him a brief moment of respite, and he immediately followed up by casting Axii a calming sign at one of the beasts, trying to divert its attention and prevent it from being so agressive.

The Axii sign had an impact, but the beast was strong-willed, resisting the full effect of the spell. Nevertheless, it was enough to distract it momentarily, allowing Geralt to sprint towards Y/n.

Once by her side, he took her face gently into his hands, trying to catch her gaze. He called out to her, "Y/n, focus! You're stronger than this. Fight the trance!"

His words seemed to penetrate the fog in her mind, and Y/n blinked as her heart rate increased, her eyes beginning to clear.

Just prayed her heart rate was increasing from adrenaline and not Gerald being so gentle with her.

She could see Geralt, his reassuring presence bringing her back to reality. With all the strength she could muster, she resisted the creature's control, breaking free from the hypnotic state.

By now, the effects of Axii had worn off on the beast, and both creatures turned their attention back to Geralt and Y/n. The odds had now gone up, They were still at a disadvantage but they had each other

Y/n reached for her sword, which was a few feet away, and with newfound determination, her muscles were still sore from the fight earlier, but nonetheless, she joined Geralt in the battle. The two fought side by side, their movements in sync as if they were one. Geralt's skill with the blade and Y/n's agile spellcasting complemented each other perfectly but the sight of her fighting so bravely and desperately brought a surge of emotion within him.

"This can't be happening."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 242 12
AZALEA OF VENGERBERG was not normal. Scarlett and slit eyes, dark hair, rosy-pale skin and a mean attitude. She had a kindness deep within her soul...
1.1K 42 2
"If we are to use you as bait to lure our possessed Witcher here to Kaer Morhen, do you understand what that entails?" Jaskier nods, but he remains q...
342K 10.4K 30
*Fan fiction inspired from the Netflix series The Witcher* Geralt of Rivia is a Witcher. For many years he has travelled the world, vanquishing mons...
41.2K 1K 49
Part 2 of 'Toss A Coin | Geralt X OC | The Witcher FF' - Focus on 'The Witcher Nightmare of the Wolf'- - Focus on 'The Witcher Season 2' (when releas...