K/DA: The Reluctant Writer (M...

By powerhouse616

K-pop bands, clubs, high-rises, and. . . the looming threat of an eldritch nightmare? They didn't pay you eno... More

Silence
New and Old
First Day
Bloody Nose
K/DA
Don't Dance with the Demon
Devil's Advocate
Lights. Camera. Drama!
Truth: Part 1
Truth: Part 2
Pop/Stars
The Bitch Came Back
Call of Adventure: Part 1
Homeward Bound
First Date

Call of Adventure: Part 2

890 19 4
By powerhouse616

Trasyn: Sylvanu, the ingredients that make up the soul of all living creatures. Different mixtures get different results. Bees, flowers, humans - everything considered living has Sylvanu. 

You stared at the thing standing behind Sona. It had no visible mouth. Its face was like writhing tentacles folding in upon themselves with the suckers facing outward. Three red dots were visible where its left eye should have been. Its skin was a dark blue, and it wore a clean white robe that hid its limbs. You wanted to scream out for help, to let everyone in the room know what was in their presence, but no one reacted to it, and you were a prisoner in your own body. It played with Sona's hair, and you could feel it smiling at you.

Trasyn: Sona's soul here has a touch of Light Sylvanu in it. She can shield herself from me without thinking about it. It is rather beautiful, just like her. Oh, sorry I guess I forgot to introduce myself. Where are my manners? Trevor Zelman, though I haven't gone by that name in a few thousand years. Or rather I did a few decades ago, but who's counting? You may simply call me Trasyn, which translates to 'savior', by the way. It seems that there's no point hiding my presence anymore now that Luther is long gone from this world. He is such a nuisance, I swear. And I do think you deserve some explanation for the occurrences happening around you.

He ran a finger along Sona's cheek. You felt a spike of unbridled fury at the creature, though there was a healthy dose of fear mixed in with it. Trasyn studied you and chuckled darkly.

Trasyn: Oh, look at that face. So much hatred and determination! Well, you just keep trying to glare me to death and see how that works out. I forgot how annoying human determination is; it's such a childish thing. It vexes me. I really would try to restain that face of yours, no one else here can see me, and you're just making a fool of yourself.

Akali tapped your shoulder as if to emphasize the monster's point. She glanced in Trasyn's direction briefly before looking back at you with a raised eyebrow.

Akali: Hey, you good?

You shook your head, frustrated. Trasyn would not let you say anything that could tip everyone off to the fact that he was here - you realized that pretty quickly - so you had to find a way to tip everyone off without directly revealing information about him.

Trasyn: Not such an easy task when I'm privy to every single one of your thoughts. But, by all means, do make the attempt. I enjoy watching people struggle.

Well fuck, this is going to be annoying.

Trasyn: Oh, Exceedingly. But I do not intend to make the duration of my stay a pleasurable experience.

You did your best to tune out the hallucination and focus on what Sona had told you.

Trasyn: Good luck with that. Say, what drinks are they serving nowadays?

Y/N: So, you're telling me that I'm some sort of prophet? Or seer? Like everything I've ever imagined has actually happened. . . Huh, I guess I'm not as creative as I thought.

Hawk: Well, I wouldn't say that. People have to draw experiences from somewhere to write about. Nothing is wholly original. It is possible that you got the gist of things that happened and don't know all of the specific details. Plus, this only takes into account the stuff you wrote after you gave Sona here the promise ring. When did you give it to her?

Y/N: Right before I started writing.

Hawk: Ah. . .

Akali stood up and waved her hands around.

Akali: None of that matters! Are you forgetting that my bf is possessed by a demon?!

Sona: Was. If he doesn't have the ring on him currently, then I  think he's safe. Or that's what the twins told me.

You glanced at the squid-faced horror currently studying the barista across the room.

Trasyn: Y/N, what exactly is a. . . Mocha Grande?

You pointedly ignored him.

Trasyn: Rude. You can just think about it, and it'll answer my question.

Well, it was good that he could not seemingly plunder the depths of your mind unless you were actively thinking about something.

Trasyn: Frustratingly.

Okay, enough!

You delved into the depths of your mind, pulled out the most disturbing and unsafe-for-work images your consciousness could conjure up, and then mentally pelted the creature with them. Trasyn grunted in disgust and made his way to stand above you.

Trasyn: Well, that's just unseemly. Have some class!

You smirked to yourself and returned your attention to the conversation. Akali glanced in your direction again, casting her gaze above you as well. Could she maybe sense Trasyn's presence?

Trasyn: Oh, don't be ridiculous! Do you think this little girl could sense me when the Creation, Light, and Darkness children could not? I mean, your friend Kai'sa even bonded with the Overseer, and he didn't sense my presence.

Overseer? That was something you were going to have to ask him about later. Trasyn reached out toward Akali; you wanted to reach out and stop him. . . but you didn't end up needing to.

Akali: Hands off, creepo!

Akali reached behind her and caught Trasyn's hand in her own. She then stood and yanked it down while she brought up her other hand, which was holding a kunai. She brought the blade down and drove it through Trasyn's slimy-looking clawed hand and the table they were sitting at, pinning him there. She pulled her hands together with a piece of paper pressed between them and muttered something incoherent. She then smacked the paper against one of his facial tentacles. Nothing seemed to happen at first, but then everyone in the room shot to their feet,  and the barista screamed.

Hawk: The fuck!

Ahri jumped back, and a ball of shimmering blue formed in her hands. Her tails suddenly shone iridescently. The barista ran out the back. no doubt fully intending to call the authorities. Sona moved behind Ahri. You were the only person left sitting. Trasyn tugged his hand against the blade, but it was locked in place.

Traysn: This is an. . . unexpected turn of events.

Akali: You think so, squid-face?

The three red dots narrowed at Akali but then, surprisingly, he turned back to you with a casual tone.

Trasyn: I retract my earlier statement. I like this one.

 Akali produced another blade and held it at the monster's throat. Everyone else was completely still, and a blue glow painted everyone's faces as Ahri prepared to back up her bandmate.

Akali: Give me one good reason not to turn you into takoyaki.

Trasyn: I can give you many good reasons. But two things first. One, I believe we should move this conversation to somewhere more private. Don't want to attract the attention of the entire city, right? It might damage your reputation as musicians.

Hawk started running around and closing all of the blinds. Akali simply turned her lip up.

Akali: I think we have more pressing matters, but I agree. What's the second term?

Trasyn cleared his. . . throat?

Trasyn: Will someone please explain to me what a Mocha Grande is?

_______________________________________

You sat on the couch in the living room of Ahri's house. Trasyn stood in the middle of the room, surrounded by every type of rune or inscription Akali could conceive. Kai'sa was covered head-to-toe in a gray bodysuit that glowed a dull purple. Evelynns tails were snaking around the room, ready to make mince meat of him at a moment's notice. Ahri still glowed a faint blue. Sona was. . . just kinda there.

Hawk was not present as he was busy running interference with the police, assuring them that what happened in the coffee shop was merely a publicity stunt by the band and that he would pay for any damages caused as well as therapy for the scarred barista.

You simply sat there, dumbfounded as to how things had gotten to this point. Trasyn glanced around at the runes and motioned to them.

Trasyn: I hardly think all of this is necessary.

Akali: Yeah, you would, wouldn't you? Evil bastard.

Evelynn: So, this is the origin of all of our troubles. I'm underwhelmed.

Y/N: I'm overwhelmed.

Kai'sa: I'm perfectly welmed.

Trasyn turned his attention to her.

Trasyn: Tell me, Kai'sa, how did you manage to bond this world's Overseer? Gilgamesh is the single most stubborn lifeform ever to live.

Kai'sa scoffed, and her armor pulsed lightly.

Kai'sa: said something I'd rather not repeat. But he's not fond of you.

Trasyn: Fair. And Akali, what have I done so far that warrants calling me an 'evil bastard.'

Akali: Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that we've met two separate parties that have less than kind things to say about you?

Trasyn: That's hardly fair. All you've had to go on is the testimony of my mortal enemy and my granddaughters.

Sona: Your what?!

Trasyn: Oh? Did the twins forget to mention that part? I created Alpha, and Alpha created them. If you want to be really technical, Lucia is my great-granddaughter.

Y/N: Fucked up family tree aside, what is it you want?

A sort of bemused calm came over the monster, and he folded his fingers together, and the trio of eyes closed coyly.

Trasyn: What is it you think I want?

What did he want? World domination, galactic destruction, the enslavement of the universe. Those were the typical answers of demon lords or supervillains. But that did not feel quite right. The word eldritch was starting to fit in other ways than just the presence of tentacles on his body. His interactions with you had been severely passive, and you had not even noticed his presence since Sona left, even though you had kept the ring. 

Evelynn: Entertainment.

All eyes fell on the other demon in the room. She sauntered up to Trasyn and stuck a golden claw in his face.

Evelynn: Tell. Me. I'm. Wrong.

Trasyn stared at her for a full minute before he began to laugh the evilest cackle you had ever heard. He started clapping those rubbery, clawed hands together, making a disgusting sloshy sound.

Trasyn: Well done, Evelynn. Well done, indeed.

Y/N: There has to be more to it than that. Luther said that you were wiping the galaxy clean. What, are you stuck here on holiday or something?

Trasyn: Oh, make no mistake, Trasyn is very much still on his way to completing his goal. But the small sliver of him you see before you has no such plans.

Akali: Yeah, sure, bud. Totally believe you on that.

Trasyn: The real Trasyn, the one who is so beyond your comprehension that it is laughable, is busy using Eutholia to consume solar systems by the week. I'm just a small piece that's been a thorn in Luther's side since he was living happily with his wife on Rachnea. But my task is complete. And the only thing I have left to kill is time.

Y/N: I guess we should start preparing then, right? For the actual Trasyn's arrival.

He laughed once more, this time more of a light-hearted chuckle.

Trasyn: Your silly perception of your own self-importance is adorable. You can't fight me. You will not even have the chance. It might be in the lifetime of your grandchildren, their great-grandchildren, or even a thousand years after humanity goes extinct. He is so far from here that you have no cause for concern. You won't have to deal with it. But he will come eventually, and he will consume your planet. So instead of concerning yourself with me, just enjoy the lives you still have. Make your music, tour the world, and do as you please. None of you will ever have to worry about it. I'm just along for the ride.

Your jaw went slack. That was so far removed from the evil speech you were expecting. He wasn't threatening you in the slightest. He even said you would live the rest of your life peacefully. But he talked about the world being consumed like it was a typical Tuesday.

Kai'sa let off such an animalistic snarl that you jumped slightly.

Kai'sa: As much as I hate to admit it. . . Gilgamesh says that he's telling the truth.

Akali: Then you're telling me that all the fuckin' drama and bs that we've had to put up with because of you doesn't actually matter to us! We could have been happily ignorant of all of it, if it wasn't for you wanting to be entertained!

Trasyn: Yes.

Akali grabbed a pillow cushion and screamed into it very, very loudly. She then threw it down and drew a multitude of kunai from her pockets. She spent the next few minutes turning Trasyn into a well-worn pincushion. At this point, Hawk rejoined the group at the house and asked if he should be concerned about the rapper currently trying to bite off Trasyn's face tentacles.

Hawk: Should we. . .

Y/N: Let her get it out of her system. I'm fairly certain we can't actually hurt him, nor him us.

Hawk: Well, while I was out, I made contact with Lilly and Sheena. They said that the only way for us actually to do something about him is to find the ring he's attached to and give it to someone with a significant dose of 'Creation Sylvanu' in their soul.

Y/N: They tell you who might actually have any of this. . . Creation soul stuff?

Hawk: Well, apparently, it's why I have phoenix blood. But I'm a couple of generations too late for it to matter much. We need someone with closer ties.

Y/N: Your grandmother?

Hawk: That's what I was thinking. The problem is that she kinda moved to the middle of nowhere up in Canada. Lives alone in a cabin.

Y/N: Okay. Doesn't sound too hard. We can get the ring and take it to your grandmother. Are these sisters going to help us by any chance?

Hawk: No, bro, I will get the ring and take it to my grandmother. You are not to go anywhere near it. I don't need you to start whispering "my precious" on the way there. And no, they said they have bigger fish to fry but wish us the best of luck. At the moment, it seems that his consciousness has attached itself to you, but his soul is still inside the ring. Where is it, by the way?

You were about to tell him but had to check something first.

Trasyn, lord of hentai. Are you there?

It appeared not, as he was busy trying to keep your girlfriend from sawing his fingers off.

Y/N: Good. It's in my cabin back in the US. Left drawer by the bed.

Hawk nodded.

Hawk: Then I guess I have a flight to catch. I'll take Ahri with me just in case, wouldn't hurt to have supernatural backup. In the meantime, you should keep him distracted. And keep him in that circle if at all possible.

Y/N: Should be easy. We can just have a guard on rotation until you deal with him. He seems to be entertained pretty easily, so that won't be an issue.

Hawk: Cool. Let's get this sorted out and get back to our lives.

You fist-bumped him, but something suddenly told you it was not going to be as easy as Hawk was making it out to be. That thing was a text from Tristana. It was a short text that ordinarily would have made you leap over the moon. But right now, it brought nothing but dread.

Tristana: Legendary wants you and me in L.A. in a few days to talk about Shen Shiu! They're really adamant about going into pre-production as soon as possible. This is going to be HUGE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.5K 25
After leaving your home to join the army for ten years, you return home to take care of your sister after your father passed away. With only one frie...
19.4K 352 37
This is an original story done by me. Character images and videos are not. Thank you
6.3K 186 13
The universe is chaos, irrationality, and we can only accept what is brings. Fortune can change your life any moment. Will you accept you for what yo...
67.9K 2.1K 22
High school, the bane of any and all teenager's lives. Most of them want to be in relationships, build friendships, have fun, drink, do drugs, have s...