different reality

By lvnwonyo

our beloved main character has his personality changed and unknowingly changes a series of events. apparently... More

1 | siblings
2 | accessories
3 | journey to gusu
4 | gusu lan
5 | punishment
6 | caiyi town
7 | waterborne abyss
8 | archery conpetition
9 | wen's indoctrination
10 | rescued
11 | Saved
12 | new friends + confession

13 | Dinner + Confession

1.4K 50 25
By lvnwonyo

Once Wen Qing and Wei Ying entered Qishan Wen Clan, they sat down at the dinner table and started eating.

While munching on some food, Wen Ruohan suddenly announced, "The wedding will be held at December."

The look or horror was displayed on both Wen Qing and Wei Ying's face.

That will be in seven months.

"Don't be so surprised. Anyways, what did you do when you were outside?"

Wen Qing, "I met a kind girl from Xi'An City. We conversed for a while before I had to go."

Wei Ying, "I met with an old classmate."

"Well, that's nice. Now, I have some work to do, you'll know where to find me." Wen Ruohan got up and headed for his office.

...

Wen Qing thought about Xiulan and thought to visit her house.

She knew the address as Xiulan told her once when she was talking.

So, she informed her uncle and left the place to meet with her new-found friend.

She reached Xi'An and approached the house.

She gently knocked the door three times before it was answer by someone Wen Qing was not familiar with.

"Greetings, is Xiulan home?" Wen Qing asked after bowing.

"Yes, she is. Who are you?" The mysterious girl asked smiling.

"I'm a friend of hers", Wen Qing said.

"Oh, come in then. I'll tell her you're here. What's your name again?"

"Wen Qing"

...

After a few minutes, Xiulan came outside of her room and was surprised to see Wen Qing.

"Wen Qing? What are you doing here?" Xiulan asked rubbing her eyes. Wen Qing thought she just woke up.

"I came for a visit. Who was the girl that opened the door?"

"That was the girl I told you about. You know, Jiaru?"

Wen Qing, "Oh. She is really pretty."

Xiulan, "Of course she is."

Jiaru, "I made some biscuit and tea, would you like some?"

"Yes please."

...

They enjoyed the biscuit and sweet tea together while Xiulan and Wen Qing are conversing.

Jiaru could sense that Xiulan and Wen Qing had a strong relationship and smiled.

"These cookies are delicious, where'd you get them?" Wen Qing asked.

"Jiaru made them herself!" Xiulan said with a proud smile. "If you want more, I'll go get some." Jiaru offered.

"Not necessary Maiden Li, I am about to head to Yunmeng Jiang."

"Ooh, can we tag along?" Xiulan asked with a sparkle in her eyes.

Wen Qing thought about it and thought why not have some company and nodded.

"Let's go! Come on Jiaru!" Xiulan said getting up from her seat.

Jiaru flinched when she heard the word 'Yunmeng Jiang'

"Ah, don't worry about me. I'll stay back." Jiaru tried to avoid going there for a mysterious reason.

"Huh? Come on, it'll be fun!" Xiulan said dragging Jiaru outside.

She didn't knew why Jiaru was acting weird all of a sudden. Meanwhile, Jiaru thought it might be good to get out of the village and sighed.

...

When they group reached Yunmeng Jiang, Wen Qing thought to grab some things she accidentally left behind.

While Wen Qing was grabbing her stuff, Xiulan went to go get some food.

Jiaru was sitting on a bench when someone called out to her.

"Liru? Is that you?" Jiang Cheng asked behind her.

Jiaru turned around slowly at the familiar voice. "Wanyin."

"Long time no see, how are you?" Jiang Cheng tried to keep the conversation going.

"I'm fine, what about you?" Jiaru asked putting on a smile. "Good and I have a question to ask"

Jiaru, "You may proceed."

Jiang Cheng, "I've missed your company, can we get back together?"

Jiaru, "I'm sorry, I have a person I love already."

Jiaru them got up and tried to walk away before Jiang Cheng held onto her wrist tightly.

"I'm obviously better than that person, be with me instead-!"

Before he could finish his sentence, someone placed their hand on his shoulder. "Jiang Cheng! What are you doing?! Let her go!" Scolded Xiulan holding some food.

Jiaru felt relived when she saw Xiulan and when Jiang Cheng realised his grip.

"Xiulan? What are you doing here?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"I came here with a friend, and what were you doing to her?" Xiulan said while pulling Jiang further away form Jiaru.

"Nothing really, just trying to get back together."

"Get back together? What do you mean?"

"We used to date"

"Doesn't she already have a lover?" Xiulan said.

"Yes, but I'm definitely better than her lover, like she should ditch that person for me-"

Xiulan had enough of his toxic behaviour and lifted her hand and slapped him hard on his face.

"Give up already, Jiang Cheng! She doesn't want you anymore!"

"Mind your own business Xiulan!" Jiang Cheng retorted.

The two kept on throwing insults at each other and when Jiang Cheng wanted to slap Xiulan, Jiaru interfered. "Enough! Let's just talk it out.."

They all sat on a bench in silence when Jiang Cheng felt bad and apologised, "I'm sorry, Liru."

"Liru? Who's that?" Xiulan questioned in confusion. "Her. Isn't that her name? Jiang Liru?" Jiang Cheng said, slightly confused.

"Isn't her name Li Jiaru?" All eyes were on Jiaru now.

Jiaru sighed before explaining, "When I left Yunmeng Jiang, I changed my name to Li Jiaru as I didn't want to remember the past."

"Why'd you leave Yunmeng Jiang?" The two averted their gaze when Xiulan asked that question.

"I gave too much work pressure on Li- I mean Jiaru and eventually she had enough." Jiang Cheng admitted in guilt.

"It's fine, I forgive you Wanyin." Jiaru said as she patted his shoulders in sympathy.

Xiulan didn't like the fact that Jiaru was touching him in such an affectionate way and walked off in fury.

"I'll check up on her, are you alright by yourself?" Jiaru left when he nodded his head.

Jiaru searched most of the places in Yunmeng in a desperate attempt to find her friend.

She was searching in the woods when she spotted Xiulan sitting on a branch of a tall tree.

"Xiulan, get down from there! You might fall and hurt yourself!" Warned Jiaru from below.

Xiulan fluttered open her beautiful sky-blue eyes but huffed when she saw Jiaru.

It was clearly because she was jealous and Jiaru knows that.

Jiaru thought of the only way to get Xiulan down and thought that it was probably time.

"Xiulan! That day when you confessed your feelings for me, I felt the same way."

The latter turned around in shock. Suddenly, the branch started breaking and she fell down.

Once again.

But this time, she didn't hit her head or anything. She was caught in the swift embrace of her lover.

"If I didn't catch you, you might have fallen to your death this time!" Scolded Jiaru while she play-fully slapped Xiulan's arm.

"I'm sorry!" Xiulan pleaded for forgiveness until Jiaru forgave her.
...

"It's an arranged marriage, I do not actually like Wen Qing." Wei Ying said.

"Then, why force yourself into it?" Lan Zhan asked. "Well, she's doing it for her brother and I really have no choice."

"If you need anything, just ask me alright?" Lan Zhan said. "Sure."

"Eat your food first then talk" Lan Zhan warned the other who replied with a soft laugh.

Wei Ying's personality sure changed alot and he became more talkative after he met Lan Zhan.

...

I know I said this chapter might be more about Wei Ying but it wasn't, I'll try my best to make it more about him.

I'm in need of ideas at the moment and I would be more than happy to use your suggestions in the next chapter.

If you have any ideas for me, do tell me in the comments. I appreciate you reading my book as we have finally reached 5k reads.

Thank you for reading and leave a suggestion if you have one! ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.3K 3.6K 12
A short story! "WEI YING!!!" I shouted the moment he shrugged my hand off. I tried! I tried my best to grab him! I would never let him go! But in the...
150K 9.9K 54
" Uncle please, stop it! Wangji will die!" Lan Xichen shouted while crying as his younger brother was whipped. " Quiet! Your brother even didn't thin...
35.2K 2.2K 18
Wangxian omega ff zhanyi omega ff twin brothers love story ❀️ Lan wangji ❀️ Wei wuxian Wei zhan ❀️lan yibo Yizhan English omega fanfiction Love can c...
164K 9.6K 23
June 2020 *Fanfiction about Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian. *Lan Zhan never thought he would found him again after leaving him alone in the hotel room, and...