pretty play

By svechlovers

#2 in the carolina colts series dimitri & nadia's story ~ his eyes focus on my lips briefly as he whispers "w... More

characters
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
epilogue
not an update

seven

3.9K 74 18
By svechlovers

a/n- hiii ^^one of my favs
if the song doesn't work play 'style' by the one and only tswift

i make sure to tie rowan's skates tight and secure before moving onto mine.

i watch as he stands up and immediately falls over, which makes me laugh, but i help him up.

"be careful." i warn and he nods.

we sit on the bench while waiting for dimitri, and finally he emerges.

he walks over to us and i perk up, seeing he's holding a few items in his hand.

"dimitri!" rowan yells and kicks his feet around.

"hey bud." dimitri says, he's wearing a long sleeve with the teams name, and his number on the front. with his last name on the back.

"here." he says, handing me and rowan jerseys, and i smile seeing the name.

it's his jersey, but in our sizes.

"thank you." i grin and i look at rowan, who's studying the jersey. "thank you." he finally says and i help him put it on.

when it's on, dimitri looks at him and nods, i hesitate before sliding my vest off and put on his jersey over my long sleeve.

dimitri smiles in approval, and i watch as his eyes flow down my body, eyeing my skates.

"your skating too?" he asks and i nod.

"well i figured he had to learn how to skate before playing the actual game, so i want to help teach him too." i clarify and dimitri raises one brow, but nods.

dimitri checks rowan's skates before tying his own and when we are all set, dimitri picks rowan up and carry's him like he weighs nothing on the ice.

i hold onto the glass before stepping on the ice because it's been awhile, but i step onto the ice and start skating.

it's not the best, but i'm doing it, and soon i get the hang of it.

rowan and dimitri watch me, and looking at rowan clinging to dimitri makes my heart swell, i skate over to the two.

"mama can you hold my hands?" rowan asks as dimitri sets him down and i nod, holding both of his hands above his head.

"bend your knees." dimitri instructs and rowan listens, slightly bending his knees.

"i'm going to start skating now, you try to move your legs." i whisper and he nods.

i hold his hands tightly as we skate slowly on the ice and he giggles when i start going faster.

"you're doing so good." i say and we skate for a little longer before i let go without telling him.

he skates by himself for a few feet until he realizes i'm no longer holding him, which causes him to fall on his butt.

i laugh, and dimitri skates towards him and helps him up.

"you want to try again by yourself?" dimitri asks and rowan nods.

he's so brave, like his dad.

"okay, move one leg in front of the other and spread your legs just a bit while bending your knees, can you do that?" dimitri asks and rowan nods.

"then do it."

rowan takes one step and doesn't fall, but when he's about too i yell at him to take another, and when he does he stays upright.

"good job!" i cheer as he takes small strides on the ice, and i look behind him at dimitri who's smiling proudly.

dimitri sees me looking and skates towards me.

"you know i didn't take me long to learn either?" he says and i laugh.

"yeah yeah, he gets it from his father." i whisper sarcastically and dimitri chuckles.

after a few more minutes rowan finally meets us and the poor thing is out of breath, his arms cling to my leg like he can't stand any longer.

i pick him up before looking at dimitri, "do you have any water?" i ask and he nods, skating over to the bench and grabbing a squirt bottle of water that i saw him holding as he walked back out from the changing room.

i take it from him and say "thank you.", before handing it to rowan who brings it to his lips and takes long sips.

"sorry." i say, knowing your specifically supposed to squirt the water into your mouth.

dimitri smiles kindly, "it's okay." he says, making me nod.

rowan hands dimitri the water bottle, "mama can you hold my hands again and go really fast?" he asks and i nod with a smile.

i place him down, taking his hands in mine and we skate to the net, causing rowan to giggle loudly.

his laugh is pretty contagious so by the time we skate back to dimitri i'm laughing too.

dimitri looks at us with a small glimmer in his eyes, and the look he gives me directly feels familiar. i shake my head, looking back down to rowan who's little cheeks are turning red.

"you want to take a break?" i whisper to him and he nods, so i pick him up and we skate to the bench where we sit for a few minutes.

dimitri does a few laps on the ice, and practices his stick-handling with the puck and stick he left behind from practice as he waits for us to finish up.

rowan takes one last sip of water and jumps up from the bench, "i'm ready to play hockey!" he shouts and i snort, throwing my head back.

dimitri does the same thing as me, and throws his head back, exposing his neck and bobbing adams apple.

i gulp and look away quickly before he catches me staring.

rowan looks at us two and says "what are you laughing at?" in a sassy tone which makes me want to laugh all the more. but the mom in me holds my laughter back and i think of the best thing to say.

"well baby i don't think your experienced enough to start playing but if you want, i can get you a stick?" i ask and he nods excitedly.

"okay, but for now let's practice on your skating and speed." i say and he jumps down from my lap and goes to step on the ice.

i'm right behind him just incase he falls, but he doesn't. and another wave of pride overwhelms me.

he skates slowly, but right towards dimitri who holds his arms open.

when they meet dimitri picks him up with a grin, "you're a fast learner." he compliments and rowan nods proudly.

"my mom said that when she teaches me russian." he answers.

"как тебя зовут?" dimitri asks and rowan's mouth parts before answering, "Меня зовут Рован Марков!"
(what's your name?)
(my name is rowan markov!)

dimitri fluffs up rowan's hair and laughs, "good job kid."

i laugh at the two and skate over to them, and rowan turns to me and asks, "Вы знаете, что Дмитрий говорит по-русски?"
(you know dimitri speak russian?)

i nod with a smile, "да."
(yes)

by the time rowan's first practice ends, it's around four and for the last few minutes of it we just skated around and talked.

it was nice to catch up with dimitri.

rowan is currently passed out in dimitris arms as he carry's him to the car. and i can't help but notice how little rowan looks compared to dimitri.

i smile at my thoughts and next thing we know we're at my car.

i open the door for dimitri who places rowan in his seat gently before buckling him in, and he's successful at not waking rowan up.

when he quietly closes the door, it leaves me squished in between him and the side of the car and he pauses, staring at me carefully.

his eyes focus on my lips briefly and he whispers "why do we always end our time together like this?"

i decide to play dumb, because i'm blonde.

"what do you mean?" i ask and he smirks.

he chuckles and looks away, to the side.

when he finally does meet my eyes again, he has a different look and he presses a small kiss to my cheek.

"goodnight, nadia." he whispers against my skin before pulling away.

i swallow, "goodnight dimitri."

a/n- um hey so i'm building tension

BYE FAMM😋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 1.7K 42
Completed | First draft | cliche | unedited Book 1 - can be read as a standalone. • • • K-I-S-S-I-N-G First comes love, Then comes marriage, Then...
21.6K 505 33
Becca and Will were once best friends. From immediately clicking at the school bus stop at five-years-old, to bonding over their love for hockey and...
851K 24.1K 51
Lydia: Wesley freaking Porter is the last man I want to be stuck with for two months. He's arrogant and selfish. I learned that when he humiliated my...
109K 5K 52
Book 3 of 3 Highly recommend you read books 1 and 2 first. Mel just moved back to New York City. She left four years ago after the love of her life...