SINISTER ~ STRANGER THINGS (2)

By keepinitundercover

in which the hawkins gang has to face bigger, deadlier monsters while trying not to lose themselves and one a... More

ACT THREE
WELCOME BACK
SAILOR CHIC
HOPELESS HARRINGTON
UNBELIEVABLE
FRIENDS DON'T LIE
WE'RE DONE
PROVE IT
WEIGHING THE RISKS
BILLY...?
THUNDERSTORM HOT COCOA
HE'S BACK
CHILD ENDANGERMENT
IDENTIFY THE HOST
UNLIKELY ALLIES
CONSPIRING GIRLS
PICASSO'S POISON
JUST GO
NERDS
PETTY FIGHTS
DRUGGED SAILORS
DEAFENING SILENCE
SEARCHING
REUNITED AT LAST
PHYSICS
WINS AND LOSSES
WHAT KEEPS YOU UP AT NIGHT?
OPEN AND CLOSED CHAPTERS
SEE YOU LATER
ACT FOUR
CHAMPIONSHIPS
SET IT FREE
WHO'S CHANGED?
FOLLOW YOU ANYWHERE
REALITY?
WIPEOUT
UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY
THEY CALL HIM VECNA
RISOTTO AND IGLOOS
OUTCAST AND THE FUGITIVE
DISASTER BREWING
CURSED
HOUSE ARREST
STUDIOUS AND HOT
DUCK AND RUN
THANK YOU PETEY MCHEW
SAVED
DEATH SENTENCES AND APOLOGIES
NOT JUST ANY HOUSE
SAVE THE WORLD
WHAT DID WE JUST WITNESS?
AN ALL-OUT WITCH HUNT
SKULLS AND MORMONS
SOMETHING ABOUT MORDOR
SWIMMING LESSONS
TRUE LOVE/CRIME
A GREAT ESCAPE
GRAND THEFT RV
CROSS-COUNTRY DREAMS
WE NEVER LOSE
COMMENCE PHASE ONE
PLOT TWIST
DERAILED
TO FIGHT AND TO LOSE
THE END IS NEAR

SUPERHEROS AND FIRST DATES

166 2 3
By keepinitundercover

_________
c h a p t e r e l e v e n

Five minutes later, the women finish topping the hot chocolates, when Gianna speaks up.

"So what's the verdict?"

"On what?" Sam squirts a bit of whipped cream in her mouth before placing it back in the fridge.

"With Steve. He keeps giving you googly eyes from across the table."

"So?"

"Well, I guess that's a no," she chuckles, putting away the chocolate sauce.

"Okay, six thunderstorm hot cocoas incoming," Gianna exclaims, holding a tray of the steaming drinks.

Everyone cheers as they grab a mug, all expressing their delight at the delicacy.

As they all finish, they continue to discuss all types of things, like Steve's new job, potential new hairstyles for El (courtesy of Gianna), and Bianca's plans for next school year.

Eventually, the rain stops, and the kids run to Bianca's room, while Leo and Gianna go to sleep. Sam takes this time to walk Steve out, grabbing his clothes from the dryer.

"So... you stopping by Starcourt tomorrow?" he questions as they step out onto the porch.

"We have a Russian secret to unveil, don't we?" she chuckles.

"Is that the only reason you'd stop by?"

"Should there be another? Gonna buy me some more flowers, maybe leave more notes in my work inbox?" she teases.

As far as the notes, Steve had left several notes in her inbox throughout their shifts today. How he got in, she doesn't know, but they made her smile nonetheless. They included random compliments like:

"You look beautiful in red."

"Prettiest eyes I've ever seen."

Among many others.

She was flattered, almost surprised he was laying it on so thick, but a part of her was still hesitant. Sweet talk was simply that. Talk.

"You got them? Good," he doesn't falter, stepping a bit closer.

"Yeah, made me smile," she shrugs.

"What if I told you I could make you smile every day?"

"With chocolates this time? I like the ones with-"

"Caramel, I know," he finishes her sentence, and her stone cold expression flits into a grin for just a second.

"Right, I forgot you were the Samantha expert," she jokes.

"Let me take you out," he blurts, eyes meeting hers.

"You wanna take me out?"

"I thought I made that clear yesterday."

"Eh," she narrows her eyes, before leaning against the door with a sigh.

"What?"

"Why?" she finally speaks up.

"Why what?"

"Why do you like me?"

"I have a feeling even if I tell you, you're still gonna turn me down."

"Tell me anyway?" she grins a bit, and he can't help smiling back.

"Alright, well. This probably won't make sense," he runs a hand through his hair. "Because you... you feel like home."

"Home?" she raises an eyebrow.

She'd been expecting something superficial, like she was pretty or she had a nice body, not this.

"I don't... I don't really have a real home, not like this, not a warm place to go no matter what happens with people who love me unconditionally," he waves a hand toward her house.

Her lips pout at that, never enjoying the reminders of how different his home life was compared to hers.

"But you... when something goes wrong I look for you. When things go right, you're the first one I want to celebrate with. You don't judge me and you cared even when I was a dick. This might be too much, but when I think about my future, all I see is you."

"I..."

"You and those big brown eyes, or that smile- God, I love your smile. I'd do anything you asked if it'd make you smile, and if you just give me a chance, I can promise you I won't hurt you," he cups her cheek, thumb running across it. "But I get it if you still don't want-"

She cuts him off by pulling his face down to meet hers, lips capturing his in a searing kiss. He hums at the realization of what was happening, hands gripping her waist while he tilts his head for better access.

The kiss gets a bit heated, with him pushing her against the house, fingers tracing circles along her bare waist. Her arms wrap around his neck, fingers playing with the hairs at the nape while his tongue expertly slides into her mouth.

Sam usually wasn't so forward, usually opting to play hard to get, because to be fair, she is. However, something about what Steve was saying just made her melt.

Maybe because she could tell he meant every word.

Getting so caught up in the kiss, they both forget where they are, only reminded by Bianca yanking the door open.

The two immediately pull away before sheepishly turning to the girl who had a knowing smirk.

"Yes?" Sam's voice cracks, making Steve grin a little that he was able to have that effect on her.

"Sorry lovebirds, I was wondering if I could borrow those fluffy blankets in your room?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she waves her off, almost annoyed she'd interrupted the best kiss of her life for that.

"Thanks," Bianca grins, walking back in the house.

As soon as the door closes, the pair turns to each other with a chuckle. Sam breaks the silence first, saying, "I'm a nag."

"What?"

"If you're serious about this, I want you to know what you're in for. I'll nag you all the time. Ask anyone in my family, I'm relentless."

"I like it when you nag."

"My preferred argument tactic is the silent treatment. I'll ignore you so well you'll start to think you're invisible."

"I'll just have to make you talk to me then."

"I'm mean."

He outright snorts at that, and she frowns. "I am! I criticize everything."

"You're not. Stop trying to convince me not to like you, it won't work. Listen to me," he grabs her shoulders. "I want you. Even when you're naggy, mean, and immature."

She narrows her eyes, assessing him one last time before sighing. "Pick me up at 7."

"Really?" his eyes light up.

"Yeah, I can't have you spending any more of your paycheck trying to convince me," she smirks.

"You won't regret it. We'll do everything at the fair on the Fourth. I'm talking the ferris wheel, riding every ride, I'll even win you a stuffed animal, and we can get dinner afterwards. That cheesy sixty's diner you love. It'll be the best date you've ever been on."

"I'm sure, " she chuckles.

He softly smiles, having some sort of internal battle before briefly kissing her again. "See you tomorrow."

"See you," she waves, as he gets in his car, driving off.

She leans against the door once she walks back in the house, immediately jumping around at the past events.

Gianna pokes her head out of the kitchen entryway, holding a glass of water.

"Why are we jumping?"

"He asked me on a date and I said yes," she nods assuredly.

The woman swiftly puts down the glass, running over to Sam and jumping up and down as well. "You're going on a date! Oh, where is he taking you?"

"The fair on the Fourth."

"That's good. He didn't choose something generic, which shows he's putting effort in. What are you going to wear?" she grins.

"I'm gonna figure that out tomorrow, after I've gotten some rest."

"Right, right," she nods, excitement lingering in her tone. "I've gotta tell the moms."

"Of course," she laughs. "Goodnight."

_____

Meanwhile, Bianca, El and Max were finally getting ready for bed, squeezing onto Bianca's full.

The redhead and brunette notice El's demeanor, clearly still concerned about today's events.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Max assures.

"It doesn't make sense," El sighs.

"What doesn't?" Bianca sits up, a frown growing on her face.

"Heather. The blood. The ice."

"Heather had a fever, but she took a cold bath, so she's better now. That has to be it," Max explains, and Bianca grimaces, not fully believing there was nothing going on herself.

"The blood was weird, though," she shrugs.

"I don't know where that blood came from, but... We saw her. We all saw her. She's totally fine."

"What about Billy?"

"What about him?"

"He seemed wrong."

"I second that," Bianca points. "He's never that polite."

"Wrong is kind of like his default, but it's nice to know he's not a murderer, because that would've totally sucked," Max chuckles.

The girls chuckle as well as Bianca jumps up, grabbing three Wonder Woman comics from her fully stocked shelf. El points to one, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Who... is that?"

"Oh dear God," Bianca gasps.

"Yeah, we definitely need to hang out just us more," Max nods. "This is Wonder Woman, AKA Princess Diana."

"Yeah, she's from Paradise Island and she's a female superhero. Kinda like you in that way," Bianca grins, pointing to El.

"Superhero?"

"The superest hero."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 6.9K 24
❝ I CAN'T FIGHT THAT THING! WHAT IF I BREAK A NAIL? ❞ NANCY WHEELER/OC SEASON 2-3
40.5K 675 22
In which one of the new girls and one of the nerds started off by getting annoyed by each other and grew to like each other. or In which Arabella Ma...
440 26 14
Eleven finds Mike in trouble. whilst no one but her friends will believe her. she has to save mike and Nancy before its too late.