Be With You

By hardtoread94

Quen was always in the spotlight. From being the effortless top student of the class, MVP of the basketball t... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24.
25.
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
37.1 -private~
37.2-private~
37.3- private ~
Kj to Qj (Love Letter)
38
39
40
41
42
Quen's pov I
Quen's POV II
43
44
45
FINALE
EPILOGUE
BONUS PART
Note 🤍

33

864 42 14
By hardtoread94

"These pieces are beautiful..."

I walked closer to Quen when I heard him talk, his hands were gently touching the painted canvas that I did months ago. He held his camera in front and took a photo of it.

and while he was doing that, I took out my phone and did the same with him.

With his leather jacket on, white shirt and black pants, Quen looks fascinated and handsome.

I partnered my outfit with him for today, with my leather jacket and thin strap dress and white shoes. I made sure that people will see us today and notice that we are definitely a couple.

It's the weekend and we are scheduled to visit the gallery where my paintings will be placed for a free viewing with other different creations from unknown artists and small-time painters.

My parents and siblings weren't here except for our house helpers.

"Do you want to try?" asking him and took the paint brush that was resting on one of my shelves and handed it to him. "Paint something?"

Quen put his professional camera down and held the paint brush. "I'm not sure how to do it." chuckling and removing his jacket when I handed him a new one with white and orange color design on it.

Laughing softly after I put a new canvas in front of him and fix the acrylic paints he can use. It's still early so we still have time for this.

"Just paint something...it doesn't matter what it is. Use that brush, come on babe." I held his hand and guided him at first when he didn't move and just grinned at me like a kid. "Like this...see?"

"You're a good, pretty teacher." he chuckles and looks at what we are doing. Actually I didn't have a visual on what we needed to create but just let our brush paint the clean canvas.

But this feels fun.

"And sexy?"

"And sexy."

I let him work on his own after that. Sitting on my high stool and stare at him the whole time. Hindi ko nga din alam kung alam niya yung ginawa niya but Quen looks so serious the whole time.

With so much amusement how he took it so seriously, I took his camera and filmed what he was doing.

"Ohhh, looking so good." uttering some praised words how he looks really great even in front of the camera.

It's like we switch our hobbies for today. 

"Wow, I'm a professional." he muttered in full confidence after he was done and put down the paint brush.

Giggling while looking at his work, I kept on taking photos of him and his canvas. "I'll put it inside my room."

"What about you putting me inside your room instead?"

Putting down the camera away from me after he spoke. A playful grin on my face. "Do you want it?"

"What? This?" he pointed at his painting, being playful and ignoring his own words a while ago.

"Kiss me." muttering and placing my hand at the back of my hands waiting for him to give me what I want but without a second or even asking questions, Quen claimed my lips with so much passion like he always does.

He lifted me by the butt and continued to kiss me, exploring my mouth and then place me on my work table. Wrapping my legs around his waist to pull his torso closest to me.

I moaned against his lips when his hand went to my chest and cupped my breast, squeezing it lightly.

"Quen..."

Oh my gosh.

His hands were grasping it, making my back bend and asking for more. I tried to reach for his body but he held my hand on my back with one hand while his lips move down to my collarbone and left wet kisses down to the valley of my chest.

I tried to shut my legs because of the sensation he was giving but he was standing between it.

He pulled away a bit to look at me while I was breathing heavily, feeling dizzy as he continued to squeeze my boob.

"Do you like this?"

I nodded and sighed when his thumb rubbed the tip. I tried my best not to roll my eyes at how good he made me feel right now.

"Down..." I needed him to touch me down there but I was out of words now.

"What?" he chuckles while he keeps his sights on me. "Again, babe?"

"Down—."

Quen pulled away completely away from me when someone knocked on the door.

Why is there someone who always interrupts us when we're having our moment!

He helped me fix myself before holding my waist to help me down from the table.

It was one of our helpers asking what time we would leave since they were preparing food for lunch but we didn't stay for long because of our schedule for today.

Quen helped me put the paintings inside the back of his car before we left our house like nothing happened inside my art room a while ago.

"Are you fine?" with a teasing tone in my voice, asking him and placing my hand on his thigh while driving.

"I'm fine." he answered, laughing a bit. His free hand held my hand that was resting on his thigh and squeezed it. "How about you? Are you fine?"

"Not satisfied." Answering his question will all honestly that made him let out a hearty laugh. "What? I'm just telling the truth."

"I didn't expect you're this blunt talking about things like this." he smirked and glanced at me amused.

"What? Sex?" Saying those words with no filter to tease him.

"Yeah, babe. Sex."

He stopped the car when the signal turned to read and looked at me. I thought I was going to level his intense stare but my eyes looked away from him.

Because I felt things.

"Do you think someone would get interested in my artworks?" changing the subject suddenly and looking at the window to distract myself. "I'm excited..."

I felt his stare never leave mine, he reached for my hand again and intertwined it this time.

"Everyone would love it." His voice was evidently full of confidence, making me smile. "Relax babe, you're overthinking again."

"Take a photo of me later at the gallery." I turned to him and smiled, pulling our intertwined hands closer to me and leaning my face there. "It's an artsy date today."

"Even if you wouldn't ask, my camera is always ready for you, Kj."

"Stalker." I joked and giggled when he laughed at my remarks. "We should take more photos together as well."

"Hmm." he nods in agreement. "I love that."

We arrived at the art gallery at the exact time Quen introduced me to one of the owners that was actually his acquaintance during high school. He told me that when Quen sent the photos of one of my artworks via email, he got so interested and wanted some of the pieces in his gallery.

That made me feel so much better today. Hearing people complimenting me always boosts my confidence more than a hundred percent.

After the talked we had at the owner of the gallery, Quen and I wander around the whole place, It was weekend so there are plenty of people there. Couple, friends...families.

Looking at them enjoying the different artworks makes me have this thought of having my own art convention in the future.

If fate would let me...I would love that.

"I would love to have a gallery full of your photos someday...like this, people can see how every angle of you is perfect."

Glancing at Quen who's quietly standing beside me, holding my hand like we're both looking at each of every art in front of us.

"I'm always in awe of how you can read my mind."

He was smiling when he looked back at me with pure adoration. "Are you thinking of having this kind of place too?"

I nodded cutely and smiled, leaning my head on the side of his arm as I continued to stare in front.

"We'll make it, don't worry."

"You think so?"

"Uhum..."

We took lots of photos there before we left, memories that we can look back on after months or even years if somehow we can reach that dream we both have.

"Gorgeous." Quen silently complimented me after he took a shot of me with one of the pieces that I find interesting. "Turn around babe, yeah like that. Now look at me."

"You always sound so professional when you're doing that." I pointed out and chuckled after posing in front of his camera. "What if I made another photoshoot with you?" the side of my lips rose up as I walked towards him and held his arm. His eyes diverted at me after he checked the photos he took, arching his eyebrow at me. I learned to whisper at him. "Uhm...how about a no-dress shoot-babe!"

I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing hard when Quen suddenly pulled my hand and walked towards the exit of the place.

"You're a big tease but when I start to fight back you're the one who's backing down." he whispers at me when his hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer after we got outside and walked towards where our car was parked.  "Stop doing that."

Laughing again at the tone of his voice. "What if I'm serious?"

He opens the door for me and gestures to me to go inside. "Kj."

"What?" I laugh again, almost throw my head back at his serious face. "Alright, kidding okay?" kissing his jaw and pinch his cheek before I head inside of his car.

When he went inside the passenger seat, my hand automatically rested on his lap. "Where are we going next?"

"I have a surprise for you." he was smirking.

"That was random..." tilting my head a little to check his reaction. "What's a surprise?"

He didn't answer, instead drove to a place I'm not that familiar with but maybe we took this route before?

And I was right when we stopped in front of the retro coffee shop we went before when I had a breakdown because of mom.

I can still remember how he comforted me that night. Napangiti ako, look where we are right now.

"This is your surprise?" Asking him enthusiastically while we walked inside and like before it was full of people. Since I didn't have a chance to see the place before, I was kind of mesmerized with the beauty of the whole place.

He didn't answer my question and just guided me inside. Old records, vintage lyrics books and other retro stuff were artistically designed inside.

The black and white photographs of places and people were scattered all around. From the way it was photographed I was aware who took it

"Is that yours?" Pointing one of the framed black and white photos of scenery from abroad. "That one looks like you're the one who took it."

Quen still didn't answer but just squeezed my hand she was holding then brought it to his lips to kiss it.

What caught my attention as well is the three pastel colored paintings that were definitely not vintage but it was surprisingly well associated with the whole place.

And I think flashbacks of memories come back to me years ago when I was busy painting inside my room late at night just to finish the three canvases because my friends wanted me to join a certain competition in the university.

I remember it vividly now like it happened yesterday. We're still freshmen and that was my first competition to join but didn't win anyway.

"Is that mine?" I blurted out almost amazed because what the hell did those three failure paintings doing here? In this pretty place? "You're the one who bought it?"

"Obviously." His soft laugh made me look at him. If this man in front of me who's staring at me like everything I did was perfect would not be the one for me. I definitely raised hell. "Surprise?"

"Quen...but that painting was a failure. This place is so beautiful and I can make new ones that will suit me."

He made me sit on one of the sofas and called someone for our order before sitting in front of me.

"What are you saying? Can't you see? It was perfect here..." he reached for my hand and played with my fingers while looking at me with a satisfied smile on his face. "I can get any beautiful paintings but that three was one of the raw and most authentic you made."

I glanced at the paintings again, there wasn't anything special about it. It was just a side profile of a girl with different designs that was covering their eyes...minds.

Chaos was visible in that art but I used soft colors for that because I know dark ones were not for me because no matter how negative I felt inside for what's happening to me, I always covered that up with a fake smile and positive attitude.

That was before this happened, before Quen who made me realize such a different glow in every aspect. That I can make something just to be a believer in my own craft.

"It didn't win any prize but it did to me. It won my heart, just like what you did years ago."

How can someone love me like this? Why haven't I seen this before? Feel it before?

"Where have you been all those years?" whispering my words as my eyes brought back to the man giving me flowing emotions.

"Beside you?" He laughed and stood up so he could sit beside me.

A sigh escaped from me and wrapped my arms around his waist and hid my face on his chest. I felt his soft caress on my back.

"You're full of surprises. Tell me more that I didn't know." I really wonder what his feelings were all through the years he told me that he was waiting and loving me.

"I owned this place."

What?

"What?" I pulled away, brows were creased. Having second thoughts if I heard it right. "So all those photographs were yours?"

"That's the reason your painting was here." he laughed playfully at my reaction and his thumb caressing my cheeks. "It was a gift from my parents. My siblings had their own and this was mine."

"Did I win a lottery for making you my boyfriend?"

"Definitely, kj." He smirks arrogantly. "All packages. Lucky you I was head over heels to you."

I scoffed before hugging him again as my eyes wandered the whole place again. "You're the best." I tightened my arms around him. When I wish before hoping that someday someone would appreciate me and make me his priority, to be visible only in his eyes. I didn't think that it would be granted in this way. That all of the paper planes I freed had already reached each destination a long time ago and gave me Quen. "I love you. I love you."

We spent the rest of the day there, the food was good, the coffee was amazing which Quen was the one who made it. What things can't he do?

Making my heart race and becoming a good cook?

I should get my wedding ring ready for him.

After we ate, Quen brought me to the rooftop of the coffee shop and like what was inside the upper place was full of vintage stuff as well, from the sofa, table and lights that covered the whole place.

There's no people here except us, I think Quen just reserved it because we are coming.

Yeah, the owner did that.

"Why would you not pursue me before? Are you afraid?"

As my back was leaning against the metal barricade and Quen arms were locking me between them, I asked him questions that I was curious about.

"Definitely not afraid." he scoffed. "Why would I?" I rolled my eyes at how arrogant his tone was.

"So you're confident that I'm going to be in love with you?"

"Head over heels."

He laughed loudly when I pinched his cheeks at his answer. Well, he's not wrong though.

When his laugh died down, he held my face and stared softly. "More on, I want you to be ready before I enter the picture as your lover."

"That was deep." I giggled and cupped his face, his hand placed on my waist now. "How are you sure of me?"

"Why are you asking?" he breathed and kissed me. "Are you afraid that we might not work out for the longest time?"

I nodded honestly. "But whatever. I'll make it work even though you don't like me anymore." I wiped his lips when my gloss transferred to him. "You can't ever leave me whatever it takes. You're mine."

I tip toe so I could reach him and kiss him.

"Don't worry...like I told you." giggling when his hand caresses my sides. "I'm crazy about you. This." He held my hand and kissed the back of it until I reached my palms. "I love how your hands touch me, make amazing artworks and beautiful dresses." My lips widened its smile when he kissed my arms. "The way these delicate arms hugged me. I felt energized." Quen cupped my cheeks and turned to kiss my eyes, making me laugh. "These eyes that can see the beauty of everything. I love how it looks at me with so much love." I held my breath when his kisses went down to my nose and finally on my lips. "How these pretty lips always find their way to mine. How it perfectly molded on mine..." he breathed before he continued to claim my lips passionately...slowly. "I want you to know that I'm very sure about you...us. You can be certain about that."

Nodding at him after he kissed me, making me feel how special I am...

A satisfied smile appeared on my lips, caressing his face with my warm hands. "They said that angel was true and I think I met one."

One word I would describe him after everything he did for me. After the foreign feelings he gave me that I will surely keep inside my heart.

We both stared at each other for a moment, admiring each other before I finally spoke and told him what I wanted to do next.

"Let's tell everyone about us..."

Quen tilted his head to one side like he was studying me or maybe thinking if he's hearing everything right.

"I want to tell everyone that you're my boyfriend now." I spoke again.

"A-are you sure?" He was smiling from ear to ear and held my face then gave me a peck many times. "I love you..." he let go of me and moved to the barricade and shouted. "I love you, Kira Jill!"

"Oh my gosh!" I covered his mouth but he just held my hand and continued to shout at the top of his lungs.

"I love you! Kira Jill, I love you!"

I was laughing now, still trying to cover his mouth because he's not stopping and I'm very sure someone was hearing him down the restaurant.

"Quen! Stop—" he cut my words by kissing me again and hugged me, crashing my body to his.

"You don't know how you made me happy everyday." I felt his face in the side of my hair.

My hands reach for his head and pat it. "Your love deserves to be known by everyone."

What's there to hide right? I should be proud instead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 408 34
You want a change in yout life. You want stop being the shy nerd everyone knows and start your life over. But first, you need to lose your V-card. Yo...
179 7 11
Highschool is Rough, but it could be worse. A very unexpected partnering leads to many different problems, emotions and life changing experiences. A...
432 11 10
What if when a popular and sporty boy at your school turns out to be girlish?'I' know someone like that and he's from the sports department from my s...