Standing in the Storm

By TheQuietHufflepuff

As soon as she turned 18, Anastasia, Tasie, Winchester left the life of hunting and made herself a life she w... More

Aesthetic
Normalcy No More
Season One
01. Pilot
02. Wendigo
03. Dead in the Water
04. Phantom Traveler
05. Bloody Mary
07. Home
08. Asylum
09. Scarecrow
10. Faith
11. Nightmare
12. The Benders
13. Shadow
14. Hell House
15. Something Wicked
16. Provenance
17. Dead Man's Blood
18. Salvation
19. Devil's Trap
Season Two
20. In My Time of Dying
21. Everybody Loves a Clown
22. Bloodlust
23. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
24. Simon Said

06. Skin

24 1 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

"It's okay. It's okay," a police officer said as the girl pointed to the room across the hall.

"In there! In there!" the girl cried.

The S.W.A.T team moved to the other room. The man was there, trying to open a pair of doors leading to a balcony.

"Freeze!" an officer yelled. "Don't move! Drop the knife. Keep your hands where I can see 'em. Drop it! Hold it right there! Do it!" The man turned around. It was Dean.

EXT. GAS STATION

ONE WEEK EARLIER

Sam, Levi, Tasie, Ethan and Dean pulled into the station.

"All right, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight," Dean said and Sam didn't respond. "Sam wears women's underwear."

"I've been listenin', I'm just busy," Sam replied as he checked e-mails on his PalmPilot.

Tasie unbuckled Ethan, grabbed the diaper bag and made her way to the bathroom.

"Busy doin' what?"

"Reading e-mails." Dean got out of the car and started to fill the tank with gas.

"E-mails from who?"

"From my friends at Stanford."

"You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?"

"Why not?"

"Well, what exactly do you tell 'em? You know, about where you've been, what you've been doin'?"

"I tell 'em I'm on a road trip with my big brother, twin sister and her husband and son. I tell 'em we needed some time off after Jess."

"Oh, so you lie to 'em."

"No. I just don't tell 'em.... everything."

"Yeah, that's called lying. I mean, hey, man, I get it, tellin' the truth is far worse."

Sam frowned. "So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" Dean shrugged. "You're serious?"

"Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can't get close to people, period."

"You're kind of anti-social, you know that?"

"Yeah, whatever."

Sam continued to read his e-mails. "God..."

"What?" Dean and Levi asked.

"In this e-mail from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine."

"Is she hot?" Dean questioned and Sam ignored him while Levi rolled his eyes.

"I went to school with her, and her brother, Zack. She says Zack's been charged with murder. He's been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn't do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case."

"Dude, what kind of people are you hangin' out with?"

"No, man, I know Zack. He's no killer."

"Well, maybe you know Zack as well as he knows you."

"They're in St. Louis. We're goin'."

Dean chuckled. "Look, sorry 'bout your buddy, okay? But this does not sound like our kind of problem."

"It is our problem. They're my friends."

"St. Louis is four hundred miles behind us, Sam." They exchanged a look.

Tasie walked out with Ethan and frowned. "Are we going?"

Levi nodded. "Yeah, to St. Louis."

"Uh..."

"Sam's friend needs help."

"Fair enough."

She got Ethan buckled in, then she and Levi got in.

A minute later, they pulled out of the gas station and started driving.

EXT.  REBECCA'S HOUSE

She opened the door and saw Sam, Tasie, Levi, Ethan and Dean.

"Oh my God, Sam!" Rebecca cried happily. "Hi, Tasie! I see you and Levi are still together. Ethan's as adorable as ever."

Tasie smiled. "Hi, Rebecca."

"Well, if it isn't little Becky," Sam said.

"You know what you can do with that little Becky crap." She smiled and they hugged, then she hugged Levi and Tasie.

"I got your e-mail."

"I didn't think that you would come here."

Dean stepped forward and extended his hand. "Dean. Older brother." He gestured to

She shook his hand. "Hi."

"Hi."

"We're here to help," Sam told her.

Tasie nodded, interrupting her brother. "Whatever we can do."

"Come in," Rebecca told them and they walked inside the house, and Dean shut the door.

INT. HOUSE

"Nice place," Dean commented.

"It's my parents'," Rebecca replied. "I was just crashing here for the long weekend when everything happened. I decided to take the semester off. I'm gonna stay until Zack's free."

"Where are your folks?" Sam asked.

"They live in Paris for half the year, so they're on their way home now for the trial." They entered the kitchen. "Do you guys want a beer or something?"

Dean smiled. "Hey—"

Sam cut him off. "No, thanks. So, tell us what happened."

"Well, um, Zack came home, and he found Emily tied to a chair. And she was beaten up and bloody, and she wasn't breathing." She started to cry. "So, he called 911, and the police—they showed up, and they arrested him. But, the thing is, the only way that Zack could've killed Emily is if he was in two places at the same time. The police—they have a video. It's from the security tape from across the street. And it shows Zack coming home at 10:30. Now, Emily was killed just after that, but I swear, he was here with me, having a few beers until at least after midnight."

"You know, maybe we could see the crime scene," Levi said. "Zack's house."

"We could," Dean added.

Rebecca frowned. "Why? I mean, what could you two do?"

"Well, me, Levi and Tasie, not much," Sam replied. "But Dean's a cop."

Dean laughed. "Detective, actually."

"Really?" Rebecca asked and Dean nodded. "Where?"

"Bisbee, Arizona. But I'm off-duty now."

"You guys, it's so nice to offer, but I just—I don't know."

"Bec, look, I know Zack didn't do this," Sam told her. "Now, we have to find a way to prove that he's innocent."

"Okay. I'm gonna go get the keys." She walked away, down the hall.

Dean turned to his brother, sister and brother-in-law. "Oh, yeah, man, you're a real straight shooter with your friends."

"Look, Zack and Becky need our help," Sam reasoned.

"I just don't think this is our kind of problem."

Tasie raised a brow. "Two places at once?"

"We've looked into less," Sam added and Dean said nothing, defeated.

EXT.  ZACK'S HOUSE

Dean, Tasie, Levi, Sam and Rebecca parked the car and got out. Ethan was sleeping in his car seat.

Rebecca asked Dean, "You're sure this is okay?"

"Yeah," Dean replied. "I am an officer of the law." They walked to the house.

INT. ZACK'S HOUSE

Sam, Tasie, Levi and Dean entered and looked around. The furniture and walls of the house were smeared with blood. Rebecca stayed on the porch steps.

"Bec, you wanna wait outside?" Sam asked.

"No. I wanna help," Rebecca replied as she ducked under the police tape and entered the house.

"Tell us what else the police said."

Rebecca spoke tearfully. "Well, there's no sign of a break-in. They say that Emily let her attacker in. The lawyers—they're already talking about plea bargain." She looked around the room, crying. "Oh, God...."

"Look, Bec, if Zack didn't do this, it means someone else did. Any idea who?"

Rebecca shook her head, then began to remember something. "Um, there was something, about a week before. Somebody broke in here and stole some clothes—Zack's clothes. The police—they don't think it's anything. I mean, we're not that far from downtown. Sometimes people get robbed." Sam and Tasie walked away. Levi followed. Dean moved to the open front door and saw the neighbor's dog, barking loudly. Rebecca came up behind him. "You know, that used to be the sweetest dog."

"What happened?" Dean inquired.

"He just changed."

"Do you remember when he changed?"

"I guess around the time of the murder." Dean looked at her, then walked away.

INT. HOUSE

Sam, Tasie and Levi were in the hallway, looking at a framed picture of themselves, Zack and Rebecca.

Dean walked over to them. "So, the neighbor's dog went psycho right around the time Zack's girlfriend was killed."

"Animals can have a sharp sense of the paranormal," Sam noted.

"Yeah, maybe Fido saw somethin'."

"So, you think maybe this is our kind of problem?" Tasie asked.

"No. Probably not. But we should look at the security tape, you know, just to make sure."

"Yeah," Sam, Tasie and Levi agreed.

"Yeah." Rebecca walked over to them. "So, the tape. The security footage—you think maybe your lawyers could get their hands on it, 'cause I just don't have that kind of jurisdiction."

"I've already got it," Rebecca said. "I didn't wanna say something in front of the cop." Dean laughed. "I stole it off the lawyer's desk. I just had to see it for myself."

"All right." All five of them left.

STREET

Zack was sitting on a bench across the street from a house. He watched an Asian man come out of the house with his wife, Lindsay.

"Why do they always have to send you?" Lindsay asked.

"Because I'm the best," Alex replied.

"I know. That's why i want you to stay home."

"It's just Kansas City. I'll be home tomorrow night and make it up to you."

They kissed. The man got in his car and drove away. Zack watched Lindsay go back in the house. He smiled wickedly and his eyes glinted silver for a moment, before returning to normal.

INT. REBECCA'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM

Dean, Sam, Tasie, nursing Ethan, Levi and Rebecca were watching the security footage.

"Here he comes," Rebecca said as the tape showed Zack entering his house.

Dean noticed the timestamp. "22:04, that's just after ten. You said time of death was about 10:30."

"Our lawyers hired some kind of video expert. He says the tape's authentic. It wasn't tampered with." Sam seemed to notice something on the tape.

"Hey, Bec, can we take those beers now?" Sam questioned.

"Oh, sure." She got up to go to the kitchen.

"Hey." She turned around. "Maybe some sandwiches, too?"

"What do you think this is, Hooters?" She left the room.

"I wish," Dean muttered as he walked over to Sam, Tasie and Levi. "What is it?"

"Check this out," Sam replied, rewinding the tape, then replayed it. One of the frames showed Zack looking directly at the camera. His eyes were silver. Sam paused the tape.

"Well, maybe it's just a camera flare."

"That's not like any camera flare I've ever seen. You know, a lot of cultures believe that a photograph can catch a glimpse of the soul."

"Right."

"Remember that dog that was freakin' out? Maybe he saw this thing. Maybe this is some kind of dark double of Zack's, something that looks like him but isn't him."

"Like a Doppelgänger."

"Yeah," Levi said. "It'd sure explain how he was two places at once."

INT. HOUSE

The Asian man entered. "Honey, it's me. Flight cancelled at the last minute." He sets down his briefcase and keys and looked around. "I called. Why didn't you answer?" Lindsay didn't respond. "Lindsay?" He looked around. "Lindsay?" He turned around and saw blood spattered on the wall. "Lindsay?!" He opened the door to a nearby room and found Lindsay. She was tied in a chair, beaten and bloody. The man rushed over to her and took the gag out of her mouth. "It's okay, Lindsay, it's me."

"Please, don't hurt me anymore!" Lindsay begged. "Leave me alone!" The man looked at her, confused. He heard a noise in the other room and left. In the living room, the man looked around. Suddenly, he turned and saw himself, standing there with a baseball bat. The man was puzzled. The double's eyes glinted silver, and he hit the man over the head with the bat.

EXT. ZACK'S HOUSE

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam parked their car behind the house and got out. Ethan had been left with Rebecca who was more than happy to look after the baby.

"All right, so what are we doin' here at 5:30 in the morning?" Dean wondered.

"Tase and I realized something," Sam replied. "The videotape shows the killer goin' in, but not comin' out."

"So, he came out the back door?" He leaned against the hood of his car.

"Right. So, there should be a trail to follow. A trail the police would never pursue."

"'Cause they think the killer never left. And they caught your friend Zack inside. I still don't know what we're doin' here at 5:30 in the morning." Sam and Tasie looked around the outside of the building, and noticed blood smeared on a nearby telephone pole.

"Blood," Tasie noted. "Someone came this way."

"Yeah, but the trail ends. I don't see anything over here." An ambulance drove past them, and they exchanged a look.

EXT. HOUSE

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam observed the scene. The Asian man was handcuffed and was stepping into a police car.

Dean asked a nearby woman, "What happened?"

"He tried to kill his wife," the woman answered. "Tied her up and beat her."

"Really?" Sam and Levi asked.

"I used to see him going to work in the morning. He'd wave, say hello. He seemed like such a nice guy." They watched the man get taken away.

EXT. HOUSE - LATER

Sam and Tasie were on the side of the house, looking around. They looked inside two garbage cans but found nothing. They moved to the front of the house, where Dean and Levi came behind them.

"Hey," Dean called, causing Sam and Tasie to turn around. "Remember when I said this wasn't our kind of problem?"

"Yeah," Sam and Tasie replied.

"Definitely our kind of problem."

"What'd you find out?"

"Well, Levi and I just talked to the patrolman who was first on the scene, heard this guy, Alex's story. Apparently the dude was driving home from a business trip when his wife was attacked."

"So, he was two places at once," Sam commented.

"Exactly," Levi confirmed. "Then he sees himself in the house, police think he's a nutjob."

"Two dark doubles attacking loved ones in exactly the same way."

"Could be the same thing doin' it, too."

Sam and Tasie thought for a second before he said, "Shapeshifter?" Dean and Levi shrugged. "Something that can make itself look like anyone?"

"Every culture in the world has a shapeshifter lore," Dean said. "You know, legends of creatures who can transform themselves into animals or other men."

"Right, skinwalkers, werewolves."

"We've got two attacks within blocks of each other. I'm guessin' we've got a shapeshifter prowlin' the neighborhood."

"Let me ask you this—in all this shapeshifter lore, can any of them fly?"

"Not that I know of."

"Tasie and I picked up a trail here. Someone ran out the back of this building and headed off this way."

"Just like your friend's house."

Tasie nodded. "Yeah. And, just like at Zack's house, the trail suddenly ends. Whatever it is just disappeared."

"Well, there's another way to go—down." They looked down and noticed a manhole.

SEWER

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam climbed down the manhole and looked around.

"I bet this runs right by Zack's house, too," Sam guessed. "The shapeshifter could be using the sewer system to get around."

"I think you're right," Dean replied. "Look at this." They bent down and examined a pile of blood and skin on the ground. They were each disgusted.

"Is this from his victims?"

Dean took out a pocketknife and held up some of the skin. "You know, I just had a sick thought. When the shapeshifter changes shape—maybe it sheds."

"That is sick," Sam and Tasie muttered.

Dean put the bloody pile back on the ground.

EXT. IMPALA

Dean opened the trunk and took out some weapons. "Well, one thing I learned from Dad, is that no matter what kind of shapeshifter it is, there's one sure way to kill it."

"Silver bullet to the heart," Sam remembered.

"That's right."

Sam's cell phone rang and he answered it. "This is Sam."

EXT. CAR / INT. REBECCA'S HOUSE - KITCHEN

"Where are you?" Rebecca asked.

"We're near Zack's, we're just checkin' some things out," Sam told her as Tasie and Levi listened.

"Well, look, Sam, just stop, 'cause I really don't need your help or Tasie and Levi's anymore."

"What are you talkin' about?"

"I told the lawyers that we went to the crime scene."

Sam scoffed. "Why would you do that?"

"Well, I told them that we were with a police officer. And they checked it out, and they told me that there is no Detective Dean Winchester."

"Bec—"

"No, I don't understand why you, Tasie and Levi would lie to me about something like that."

"We're tryin' to help."

"Oh, trying to help? Do you realize that that was a sealed crime scene? This could have just ruined Zack's case."

"Bec, I'm sorry, but—"

"No, goodbye, Sam. Goodbye, Tasie. Goodbye, Levi. Come get Ethan." She hung up. Dean walked over to Sam, Tasie and Levi, who looked disappointed.

Dean spoke. "I hate to say it, but that's exactly what I'm talkin' about. You lie to your friends because if they knew the real you, they'd be freaked. It's just—it'd be easier if—"

"If I was like you," Sam finished.

"Hey, man, like it or not, we are not like other people. But I'll tell you one thing. This whole gig—it ain't without perks." He held up a gun. Sam took it and put it in the back of his jeans. Dean handed Tasie and Levi a gun and they put them in the back of their jeans. They walked away.

SEWER

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam were looking around with their flashlights and guns.

"I think we're close to its lair," Dean stated.

"Why do you say that?" Sam and Tasie asked.

"Because there's another puke-inducing pile next to both your faces." Sam and Tasie turned and saw another pile of blood and skin on a nearby pipe.

Sam and Tasie, disgusted, cried, "Oh, God!"

They looked around the area and saw a pile of clothes in a corner.

"Looks like it's lived here for a while," Dean noted.

"Who knows how many murders he's gotten away with?" Sam replied as he turned and saw the shapeshifter, still in the form of the Asian man, standing behind Dean. Dean!" Dean turned and got punched by the shapeshifter. He fell to the ground, and the shapeshifter ran away. Sam, Tasie and Levi shot after it a few times but missed. They moved over to Dean.

"Get the son of a bitch!" Dean yelled as Sam, Tasie, Levi and Dean ran away, following the shapeshifter.

STREET

The shapeshifter came out of the manhole and ran away. Seconds later, Sam, Tasie, Levi and Dean came out and looked around.

"All right, let's split up," Sam suggested. "Tasie, Levi, come with me."

"All right, I'll meet you three around the other side," Dean told them.

"All right," Sam, Tasie and Levi agreed as they walked away in separate directions.

ALLEY

Dean was looking around with his gun drawn. A passersby turned away, frightened.

STREET

Sam, Tasie and Levi were also searching, while keeping their guns inside their jackets.

ALLEY

Dean was still looking frantically.

STREET CORNER

Sam, Tasie and Levi were waiting. Dean came up behind them.

"Hey," Dean greeted and Tasie, Levi and Sam turned around. "Anything?"

"No. He's gone," Sam and Levi replied.

"All right, let's get back to the car." Sam, Tasie and Levi crossed the street. Dean stopped, waiting for a passing car to drive by. As the car passed, Dean's eyes momentarily glowed silver.

STREET

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam stopped at the car.

"You think he found another way underground?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, probably," the shapeshifter replied. "You got the keys?"

Sam stopped and thought before turning around. "Hey, didn't Dad once face a shapeshifter in San Antonio?"

"Oh, that was Austin. It turned out not to be a shapeshifter, it was a thought form. A psychic projection, remember?"

"Oh, right. Here ya go." He threw the shapeshifter the keys and walked away. The shapeshifter opened the trunk and observed all the weapons. He laughed. "Don't move!" The shapeshifter turned and saw Sam and Saoirse pointing the guns at him. "What have you done with him?"

"Dudes, chill. It's me, all right?"

Tasie shook her head. "No, I don't think so. Where's our brother, Levi's brother-in-law?"

"You're about to shoot him. Sam, Tasie, Levi, calm down."

"You caught those keys with your left," Sam said. "Your shoulder was hurt."

"Yeah, it's better. What do you want me to do, cry?"

"You're not Tasie's and my brother. You're not Levi's brother-in-law."

"Why don't you three pull the trigger, then? Hm? 'Cause you're each not sure. Dudes, you know me."

"Don't," Sam, Tasie and Levi retorted. The shapeshifter paused before hitting Sam, Levi and Tasie twice with a crowbar. Sam, Tasie and Levi fell to the ground.

UNKNOWN LOCATION

Sam, Tasie and Levi woke up in a dingy, dusty room. Their necks and hands were bound to a wooden post. The shapeshifter walked over to them and backhanded them. Sam, Tasie and Levi groaned.

"Where is he?" Sam and Tasie asked. "Where's Dean?"

"I wouldn't worry about him. I'd worry about you three."

"Where is he?"

"You three don't really wanna know." He chuckled. "I swear, the more I learn about you and your family—I thought I came from a bad background."

Sam frowned. "What do you mean, learn?" The shapeshifter stopped. He grabbed his head in pain and grimaced. Sam, Tasie and Levi looked at the shapeshifter, confused. The shapeshifter relaxed and looked at Sam, Tasie and Levi.

"He's sure got issues with you two. You two got to go to college. He had to stay home. I mean, I had to stay home. With Dad. You don't think I had dreams of my own? But Dad needed me. Where the hell were you two?"

"Where is my brother?" Sam and Tasie demanded.

The shapeshifter leaned in close to Sam. "I am your brother. See, deep down, I'm just jealous. You got friends. You could have a life. Tasie's got a sweet little family. Me? I know I'm a freak. And sooner or later, everybody's gonna leave me." He backed away.

"What are you talkin' about?"

"You left. Hell, I did everything Dad asked me to, and he ditched me, too. No explanation, nothin', just poof. Left me with your sorry asses. But, still, this life? It's not without its perks." He laughed. "I meet the nicest people. Like little Becky. You know, Dean would bang her if he had the chance. Let's see what happens." He smiled and covered Sam, Tasie and Levi with a sheet.

"Tase, are you okay?" Levi asked. "Are you, Sam?"

"Yeah," Sam and Tasie answered.

INT. REBECCA'S HOUSE

There was a knock at the door, and Rebecca came downstairs to open it. It was the shapeshifter, still in the form of Dean. Ethan was asleep in another room.

"Oh. Hi," Rebecca said in a deadpan tone.

"I know what you're gonna say," the shapeshifter replied.

"Oh, you do?"

"Well, no, not exactly. But I can take a guess. Get off my porch?"

She laughed. "That's about right."

"I admit it, we lied. Thought I'd try to explain myself. Sam, Levi and Tasie told me not to come, but, you know, I thought, what the hell, I have to try." He smiled.

UNKNOWN LOCATION

Sam, Tasie and Levi were trying to get out of their ropes but failed.

"Damn it," Sam and Tasie muttered.

Sam, Tasie and Levi heard movement in another area of the room, and they heard someone coughing.

Dean said, "That better be you, Sam, Tasie, Levi, and not that freak of nature."

Sam laughed. "Yeah, it's us." Dean managed to uncover himself from the sheet and started to undo his ropes. "He went to Rebecca's, lookin' like you."

"Well, he's not stupid. He picked the handsome one." Sam gave him a confused look while Tasie laughed and Levi frowned, then continued to work through their ropes.

INT. REBECCA'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM

Rebecca and the shapeshifter were sitting in front of the fireplace.

Rebecca spoke. "So, you're saying that there's something out there that made itself look like my brother."

"Mmhmm," the shapeshifter hummed.

"What'd you call it?"

"A shapeshifter." Rebecca laughed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, maybe we're crazy. But what if we're not? I mean, look, you said it yourself that Zack was in two places at once. Now, tell me how that can happen."

"Okay, so, this thing—it can make itself look like anybody?"

"That's right. "

She chuckled. "Well, what is it, like a genetic freak?"

The shapeshifter laughed. "Maybe. Evolution is about mutation, right? So, maybe this thing was born human but was different. Hideous and hated. Until he learned to become someone else." Rebecca looked around, uncomfortable. The shapeshifter's eyes glinted silver, and he smiled.

UNKNOWN LOCATION

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam were still working their way out of their ropes.

"Yeah, that's the thing," Sam said. "He didn't just look like you, he was you. Or he was becoming you."

Dean finally worked his way out of the ropes as he asked, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, it was like he was downloading your thoughts and memories."

"You mean, like the Vulcan mind meld?"

"Yeah, somethin' like that," Tasie confirmed. "I mean, maybe that's why he doesn't just kill us."

Dean got up and walked over to Sam, Tasie and Levi. "Maybe he needs to keep us alive. Psychic connection." He started untying Sam's ropes, then undid Tasie's, then Levi's.

"Hands," Sam told his brother. "Yeah. Come on, we gotta go. He's probably at Rebecca's already."

"We need to hurry," Tasie said. "Ethan's there."

ALLEY

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam climbed out a window and onto the street.

"Come on. We gotta find a phone, call the police," Sam informed.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Dean protested. "You're gonna put an APB out on me."

Sam shrugged. "Sorry."

"This way." They started running down the street.

INT. REBECCA'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM

The shapeshifter spoke. "It's funny. I kind of understand him. He's all alone—close to no one. All he wants is for someone to love him. He's like me." Rebecca looked very uncomfortable. "You know, everybody needs a little human touch now and then. It's so hard to be different." He tucked Rebecca's hair behind her ear.

She shrugged away. "You should go." The shapeshifter leaned in and whispered something in her ear. She looked horrified and stood. "You are disgusting, just get the hell out of here!"

"Rebecca, just calm down." He stood.

"Calm down? What is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?"

She walked to the phone. "I'm calling the police." The shapeshifter walked over to her and threw the phone to the floor. She screamed and tried to run away, but he tripped her and she fell to the ground. He straddled her legs and began tying her hands with the telephone cord.

"Give me your hands!" She continued to scream. "Shut up!"

BEDROOM

Rebecca was tied in a chair, beaten and bloody.

The shapeshifter said, "You're a nice girl, Rebecca. I mean, I liked you. Believe me, that makes this harder." He held up a knife and examined it. "But I gotta do what I gotta do." He moved towards her. Suddenly, they heard a crash come from another room of the house. Rebecca screamed but the shapeshifter covered her mouth and held the knife to her throat. "Shh."

HALLWAY

The S.W.A.T. team was searching the house. While their backs were turned, the shapeshifter crossed the hall and went into another room.

SECOND BEDROOM

The shapeshifter entered and closed the door, looking around frantically. He moved to a set of doors leading out to a balcony. Just as he opened the doors, the S.W.A.T team entered.

"Freeze!" the police officer yelled."Drop the knife! Drop the knife! Drop the knife!" The shapeshifter threw the knife at the police officer, and the rest of the team began shooting. The shapeshifter kicked one of the men, then went outside and jumped off the balcony, onto the grass below. "Come on! Come on! Go! Go!" The shapeshifter ran away, while the team continued to shoot and miss him several times.

SEWER

The shapeshifter stopped walking, looking weak. He took off his jacket and shirt, then fell to his knees. He groaned and screamed in pain as he continued to shed his skin.

STREET

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam were standing in front of a store window, watching a news report that was being shown on a display of televisions.

A reporter spoke. "An anonymous tip led police to a home in the Central West End, where a S.W.A.T team discovered a local woman bound and gagged. Her attacker, a white male, approximately twenty-four to thirty years of age, was discovered hiding in her home." A sketch of Dean appeared on the screen.

"Man! That's not even a good picture," Dean complained as Sam, Tasie and Levi looked around cautiously.

"It's good enough," Sam and Tasie told him as they walked away.

"Man!" He followed Sam and Tasie. Levi followed after them.

ALLEY

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam were walking. Dean stepped into a puddle.

"Come on." Sam paused. "They said attempted murder. At least we know—"

"I didn't kill her," Dean said.

"We'll check with Rebecca in the morning, see if she's all right."

"All right, but first I wanna find that handsome devil and kick the holy crap out of him." They stopped walking.

"We have no weapons," Sam reminded his brother. "No silver bullets."

"Sam, the guy's walkin' around with my face, okay, it's a little personal, I wanna find him."

"Where do we look?"

"Well, we could start with the sewers."

"We have no weapons. He stole our guns, we need more." They paused to think. "The car?"

"I'm bettin' he drove over to Rebecca's."

"The news said he fled on foot," Levi remembered. "I bet it's still parked there."

Dean grew upset. "The thought of him drivin' my car."

"All right, come on," Sam and Tasie said and they started walking.

"It's killin' me."

"Let it go."

EXT. REBECCA'S HOUSE

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam walked around the side of the house and saw Dean's car parked.

Dean was relieved. "Oh, there she is! Finally, something went right tonight." A police car appeared and parked next to Dean's car. "Oh, crap." They turned around, but another police car was parked a few yards away. "This way, this way." He moved towards a fence.

"You go. Tasie, Levi and I'll hold 'em off."

"What are you talking about? They'll catch you three."

"Look, they can't hold me, him or her. Just go, keep out of sight. Meet us at Rebecca's." Dean started to climb over the fence. "Dean." Dean stopped and turned around. "Stay out of the sewers alone." Dean said nothing and hopped over the fence. "I mean it!"

"Yeah, yeah!"

"Don't move!" an officer yelled. "Keep your hands where I can see 'em." Sam, Tasie and Levi raised their hands in the air.

EXT. CAR

Dean was getting weapons from the trunk. "I'm sorry, Sam. I'm sorry, Tasie. I'm sorry, Levi. But you two know me, and he sort of knows me—I just can't wait." He closed the trunk and walked away.

SEWER

Dean was looking around. He came across a chamber filled with candles and chains. Revolting piles of skin and blood were on the floor. Dean heard a noise and moved to another area of the sewer. He saw a large figure covered with a sheet. He removed it and saw Rebecca. Her hands and feet were bound together with rope.

"Rebecca?" Dean called.

INT. REBECCA'S HOUSE

Sam was sitting, having a beer. He was talking with the shapeshifter, who is in the form of Rebecca. Tasie had gone to check on Ethan. Levi was standing near the kitchen.

"So, say this shapeshifter is real," the shapeshifter said. "By the way, you know you're crazy? But, um, say it is real. How do you stop it?" She replaced Sam's empty beer bottle with a new one.

"Thanks," Sam replied with a sigh. "Silver bullet to the heart."

She chuckled. "You are crazy." She hit him over the head with the empty bottle. He fell over, unconscious. The shapeshifter's eyes momentarily glowed silver.

Levi instantly rushed the shapeshifter and went to shoot her, but the gun was knocked from his hand.

SEWER

Dean was untying Rebecca's ropes and asked, "What happened?"

Rebecca cried as she said, "I was walking home, and everything just went white. Someone hit me over the head, and I wound up here just in time to see that thing turn into me. I don't know, how is that even possible? Ethan's still there."

"Okay, okay. It's okay." He finished untying her. "Come on. Can you walk?" She nodded. "Okay, we've gotta hurry. Sam, Tasie and Levi went to see you."

INT. REBECCA'S HOUSE

The shapeshifter had changed back into the form of Dean. He finished tying up Sam and Levi's hands and feet, then started walking around the kitchen.

"What are you gonna do to us?" Sam asked.

"Oh, I'm not gonna do anything," the shapeshifter replied. "Dean will, though."

"They'll never catch him."

"Oh, doesn't matter. Murder in the first of his own brother, sister, nephew and his brother-in-law? He'll be hunted the rest of his life." He picked up a sharp knife and examined it.

LIVING ROOM - LATER

The shapeshifter continued. "I must say, I will be sorry to lose this skin. Your brother's got a lot of good qualities. You should appreciate him more than you do." He poured himself a drink. "Cheers." He took a drink, then picked up the knife from the kitchen and stuck it into the edge of the pool table. Sam and Saoirse lifted their legs and kicked the shapeshifter, who fell to the ground. Sam quickly sat up and moved his hands up and down on the blade of the knife. The ropes broke apart. Levi focused on untying his own binds. The shapeshifter got up, and Sam took the knife and swung at him. The shapeshifter grabbed Sam's arm in mid-swing and twisted it. Sam fell to the ground. "Oh, you son of a bitch." He and Sam started to fight. Sam tried to pin Dean down. "Not bad, little brother."

"You're not him," Sam retorted as they continued to fight. The shapeshifter finally threw Sam into a bookshelf. It fell apart, and books fell on top of Sam. Levi ran to help Sam and was knocked down, his gun grabbed.

"Even when we were kids, I always kicked your ass." He grabbed a pool cue and swung at Sam and Levi, but missed and hit a light fixture. After fighting for several more minutes, they fell onto a coffee table. The shapeshifter pinned Sam and Saoirse to the floor and started to choke them. She saw her own life force, as well as Sam's, flickering. She tried to fight back, but the shapeshifter was proving too strong.

"Hey!" Dean called.

The shapeshifter saw Dean and got off of Sam and Saoirse. Dean aimed his gun at the shapeshifter and shot him in the heart twice. The shapeshifter fell to the ground, dead.

Rebecca entered and saw Sam and Levi on the floor. "Sam! Levi!" She rushed over to them.

Tasie, holding Ethan, ran into the room.

Dean walked to the shapeshifter's body and noticed him wearing his necklace. Dean yanked it from around the shapeshifter's neck and nodded knowingly at Sam, Tasie, Levi and Rebecca.

EXT. REBECCA'S HOUSE - DAY

Dean was by the car, looking at a map. Rebecca, Levi, Tasie, holding Ethan, and Sam came outside.

"So, this is what you do? You three and your brother/brother-in-law—you hunt down these kinds of things?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah, pretty much," Sam replied. "Though, Levi's newer to this."

"I can't believe it. I mean, I saw it with my own eyes. And, I mean, does everybody at school—nobody knows that you three do this?"

"No," Sam, Tasie and Levi replied.

"Did Jessica know?"

Sam looked thoughtful. "No, she didn't."

"Must be lonely."

"Oh, no. No, it's not so bad. Anyway, what can I do? It's my family."

She laughed. "Well, you know, Zack and me, and everybody at school—we really miss you three." She hugged him.

Sam replied sadly, "Yeah, me too." They pulled away and she hugged Tasie and Levi before pulling away. She gave Ethan's cheek a light squeeze.

"Well, will you three call sometime?"

"It might not be for a little while." Rebecca nodded and waved goodbye to Dean. He waved back, and she went back inside the house. Sam, Tasie and Levi walked over to the car.

"So, what about your friend, Zack?" Dean inquired.

"Cops are blamin' this Dean Winchester guy for Emily's murder," Sam replied. "They found the murder weapon in the guy's lair, Zack's clothes stained with her blood. Now they're thinking maybe the surveillance tape was tampered with. Yeah, Becca says Zack will be released soon." He, Levi and Tasie smiled. Dean rolled his eyes and got in the car.

INT. IMPALA

Dean, Tasie, Levi, Ethan and Sam were driving.

"Sorry, man. Sorry, Tase. Sorry, Levi," Dean apologized.

"About what?" Sam, Tasie and Levi asked.

"I really wish things could be different, you know? I wish you could just be... Joe College two. Jane College for you, Tase."

"No, that's okay," Sam said. "You know, the truth is, even at Stanford, deep down, I never really fit in."

Tasie nodded. "Yeah, me too. Levi did."

"Well, that's 'cause you're a freak," Dean commented, looking at Sam and Tasie.

"Yeah, thanks."

"Well, I'm a freak, too. I'm right there with ya two, all the way."

Sam laughed. "Yeah, I know you are. We know you are."

"You know, I gotta say—I'm sorry I'm gonna miss it."

"Miss what?" Sam and Tasie questioned.

"How many chances am I gonna have to see my own funeral?" He, Tasie, Levi and Sam smiled at each other. They continued to drive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 57 27
When her father goes missing, Deanna recruits the help of her younger brother. The two, alongside another, fall once again into what they know. Sav...
7.4K 246 65
Mae Donoghue was your average working girl. That was until Dean Winchester walked into her bar. Little she knew how quickly her life would change...
3.4K 87 31
Millicent, Millie, Winchester is not the girl her brothers remember. She seems cruel and calculated and is not the sweet, sarcastic girl they rememb...
1.8K 73 24
"Find Ella McKinney." That's all his father had said. And Dean Winchester had no idea where to start. But when she shows up at a mutual hunter's hous...