Red Is For Love (Io Shirai X...

By Freedom_Fighter24

Kai Hosako, the twin brother of Kaori Hosako, is Japan's first autistic pro wrestler who made waves in New Ja... More

Profile
Debut
In-Ring Debut
Training Together
Masami's Debut
Adam vs Ren
Surprise!
Yokohama
Tokyo
Talk(s)
Yamaguchi
Six Man Tag
Head Over Heels?
Strong vs Hosako
Ready To Fight
Happy Birthday Minoru!
Making History
Moving In And Birthdays
On The Trail
One More Day
WarGames Pt. 1
WarGames Pt. 2
After WarGames
The Old Returns
Two Segments
Time Together
Phoenix Pt. 1
Phoenix Pt. 2
Challengers
Livestream
First Squash Match (As A Champion)
Johnny vs Ren II
Writing A Book
New York Pt. 1
New York Pt. 2
Attack of The Fan
New Look, New Attitude
Return
Be Mine
EVOLVE Pt. 1
EVOLVE Pt. 2
Johnny vs Ren III
Masami's Birthday
New Entrance
XXV
No More BS
Mixed Tag Match
Toronto
Ren vs Io
Contendership
Invasion
Something's Wrong
Confrontation
Back To Full Sail
Happy Day
Strong vs Hosako II
Fish vs Hosako II
Unexpected
Appreciation
8 Man Tag
A Big Mistake
Final Straw
Split Interview
Yes?
Preparations
War Pt 1
War Pt 2
Wrestlemania 36
Special Day
Epilogue Pt 1
Epilogue Pt 2
The Process of Creating Kai "Ren" Hosako

Promo

135 3 17
By Freedom_Fighter24

~With Kai~

Since Matt and I's match at EVOLVE, I've been getting so much hate.

My Instagram and DMs were blowing up with death threats, people telling me to kill myself, some people were threatening to take Masami's virginity, hoping I'd feel bad, but spoiler alert, she hasn't been a virgin since she got it taken away by Tataaki, but I don't care, she's gonna be taking mine on her birthday very soon.

Anyway, point is, I'm actually wondering if people are really starting to hate me and wanting me gone from wrestling. Sure, I've felt this way before and I'm still here, but to hear the same things I've had to deal with come back to haunt me.

When I got home from the PC after talking to Hunter and Matt about the rivalry, I had to talk to Masami, who was wondering where I was.

Masami: カイ、どこにいたの? (Where were you, Kai?)

Me: ちょうど PC で。 確執についてハンターとマットと会わなければならなかった。 (Just at the PC. Had to have a meeting with Hunter and Matt about the feud.)

Then, I sat down on the bed that she was laying on, just waiting for her to find out what it was.

Masami: 殺害予告ですよね? (It's the death threats, aren't they?)

Me: うん。 つまり、それがすべてゲームであることに彼らが気付いているかどうかはわかりません。 (Yeah. I mean, I don't know if they realize that it's all a game.)

Masami: レスリングももちろんそうですが、スポーツと同じように真剣に取り組む人ももちろんいます。 (Wrestling definitely is, but of course, there are some who take it way too seriously, just like sports.)

Me: まさみさんの言う通りですが、ただの殺害予告ではなく、人々は私に自殺やプロレスからの引退を求めていました。 当時は影響がありませんでしたが、今は戻ってきました。 (You're right about that one, Masami, but it's not just death threats, people were wanting me to commit suicide and/or get out of wrestling. It didn't affect me back then, but now it's come back.)

Masami: 知っている。 (I know.)

She crawled from behind me and hugged me by wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my cheek.

Masami: そのようなものに対処するのは難しいです。 私は人生で殺害の脅迫を受けたことはなかったかもしれませんが、ソーシャルメディアを使用している場合、レスリングを真剣に受け止めるべきではないことを知っています. (It's hard to deal with stuff like that. I may have not gotten death threats in my life, but I know that wrestling shouldn't be taken seriously when you have social media.)

Me: うん。 ほら、マサミ、遅かれ早かれかかとを向けるべきだと思うよ。 (Yeah. Look, Masami, I think we should have you turn heel sooner than later.)

Masami: 何? まだ準備ができていません。 (What? I'm not ready for it yet.)

Me: わかってはいるけど、早ければよかったと思う。 私がそう言っている唯一の理由は、私がリングの外にいるとき、何かが足りないと感じているからです。 でも一番大事なのは、そばにいてほしい。 私は時々そこで孤独を感じます。 (I know, but I think it would be great if it was sooner than later. The only reason I'm saying that is because I feel something missing when I'm out the ring, being an a-hole, you know? But most importantly, I want you to be by my side. I sometimes feel alone out there.)

Masami: 1人? 気付けば30歳ですよね? (Alone? You realize you're 30 years old, right?)

Me: 私はそれを知っていますが、あなたがリングサイドにいることで、私はヒールとしてより良いパフォーマンスを発揮できると思います. 覚えておいてください、それは行為を向上させ、私が自分の能力に少し快適で自信を持てるようにするためです. まさみさんお願いします。 私はそこで孤独を感じたくありません。 (I do know that, but I think that with you at ringside, I can perform much better as a heel. Remember, it's just to elevate the act and to make me feel a bit more comfortable and confident in my abilities. Please Masami. I don't want to feel alone out there.)

She seemed to notice my apprehension and how I'm feeling about the missing piece to this puzzle.

I really do believe that Masami can be a great heel. She was a hot and sexy bad girl when she was in Stardom at one point, but I know she can make it work by joining me, turning heel in the process.

I think the only way we can make it work is by "persuading" her until it all comes together.

I really think that her joining me as a heel duo will just work gangbusters for the both of us, even making the feud become more interesting.

Not to mention, she and I are in a real life relationship, so it works even better for all parties.

Masami: 私を見て。 (Look at me.)

She pulled my head towards her faces with one finger, and she kissed me as I held onto her head until we had to let go to breathe.

Masami: 私にかかとを向けて参加してもらいたいなら、そうしましょう。ただし、条件が 1 つあります。 (If you want me to turn heel and join you, then let's do it, but on one condition.)

Me: それは何ですか? (What is that?)

Masami: 時間を選べるようになりました。 (I get to choose the time.)

Me: あなたがそれを望むなら、あなたはそれを手に入れました。 それまでの間、完璧に時間を計らなければなりません。  テイクオーバー: 25. よろしいですか? (If you want it, then you got it. In the meantime, we gotta time it perfectly. I'm thinking Takeover: 25. Is that good for you?)

Masami: それは完璧だ。 どのようにレイアウトする必要がありますか? (It's perfect. How should we lay it out?)

Me: 私はアイデアを持っていると思います.~ (I think I have an idea.~)

~Tuesday~

As Masami and I got to Full Sail for a promo on Matt, making sure that we make this feud even more interesting.

From what I know, speaking in Japanese for a promo is the best as the subtitles are on the screen for the people watching at home and for the fans in attendance.

I was in my tracksuit with the title in my hand as I decided to elevate my non-compete look by looking like a Yakuza gangster.

You know the fedora hat I wore at the 2019 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and I had to take it off to stop the attacker from killing Bret Hart? That's the one I'll be wearing now when I'm not wrestling.

Also, if I want, I talked to Hunter about it, I can wear a suit, where it's just jacket, pants, and white dress shirt, along with the hat.

During the show, I was at gorilla, making sure that I had my promo all planned out as I learned that Regal has a way to "end" the feud and will be announcing it after Matt and I go back and forth on the mic.

After a while, my theme played, and the crowd just booed as loud as they can go.

After the first part of the first verse, I entered with the title in one hand as I was in my tracksuit, smiling at the hate I was getting.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, the new NXT North American Champion, "The Prodigy", REN HOSAKO!

Crowd: BOOOOO!!!

I mean, I really am enjoying my run as a bad guy so far.

As I walked down the ramp, I was not intimidated by how much hate I was getting, the grown men, their women, even their kids were booing me with the thumbs down!

When the chorus played, I was just looking out into the fans who were booing me. I was really enjoying my run as a heel and I couldn't be more proud of what I'm doing.

As the chorus was about to end, I got on the apron and swung the title between the ropes as I was looking to step through it.

As I stepped through the middle rope...

Crowd: BEWARE!!!

...I swung the title over my head with one arm, telling everyone that I'm the Champion whether they like it or not.

I gestured for the mic as I was given one and my song ended, but the fans were just relentless on booing the shit out of me!

I laughed and just smiled at the hate I was getting and I loved it!

Once the crowd quieted down, I spoke...

Me: Inside ring, I care about no one, but me!

The fans booed as I smiled and just looked to heel it up even more.

Me: Matt Riddle, let... his guard... down!

Crowd: YOU SUCK! *CLAP CLAP* YOU SUCK! *CLAP CLAP* YOU SUCK! *CLAP CLAP*

Me: I actually prefer your okāsan (mom) and she swallow!

It got a laugh out of me and I bet Masami was laughing in the back as well.

Me: Riddle... is done for... I am your Champion, if you like it or not! Because Ren Hosako is...

?????: Not ichiban!

The fans cheered as Matt came out and was pissed off at me.

Matt: You had to kick me below the belt and take it from me, but I'm not gonna make any excuses! Ren, we both know that this has to end. How are we going to end this thing when you're going to be an evil son of a bitch!

The fans kept cheering for him as I didn't say anything else, other than smiling with such evil, into his eyes.

Matt: You and I, we're not done, not until we say it is! You may have taken the that title from me, but wait until it's taken away from you!

I laughed with just cockiness that I had to say into mic...

Me: That were you wrong! It staying with me! The only time it taken away is if you put stake through heart! It not going anywhere, unlike your family!

The fans knew I struck a nerve.

Recently, Matt's wife and kids left him and he did say that I can insult him with that, but I didn't want to go too far because it was a bad time for him.

In the back, before this segment, I was reluctant about bringing it up, but he told me that although he was in the process of being divorced, he was okay with it, convincing me.

Matt: What did you say?

Me: You heard me!

Matt: Let's go, bro! I'm gonna fuck you up!

He dropped the mic and walked down the ramp and into the ring as I dropped the belt and mic as we were ready to fight.

?????: This is not how it's gonna go!

We saw on the balcony, William Regal, as pissed off as he was, just looking to raise the bar a bit.

Regal: I have a very simple solution for this!

I know what it's gonna be...

Regal: TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS!

The crowd had lost it, but there was a catch with this match happening.

Regal: However, if either Ren or Matt lay a hand on one another, before Takeover: 25, the match is called off!

I thought that was a great way to hype up the "final" match we have together, but notice that Regal didn't say "for the NXT North American Championship".

Here's why...

Regal: And Ren. You'll be putting that Championship on the line against the Heart and Soul of NXT, Johnny Gargano, next week. Good luck, Hosako, you're gonna need it.

I smiled as I agreed to the idea of not laying my hands on Matt until the PPV, which I think is really clever.

Also, we came up with a way to have me drop the title before that event and it's during my title match with Johnny Gargano the next week.

The idea is that Matt's going to cost me the title by doing whatever he can to distract me and it will give me motivation to hurt Matt even more.

I mean, we got the approval to use some creative freedom to make the story even better.

Later on, Masami and I rehearsed this. She said that our partnership will be based on flirting, and Candice is going to do whatever she can to steer Masami away from it.

It was on the screen where she was stretching and I walked towards her with a smile that looks inviting.

Masami(subtitles): What is it?

I pulled out a rose and a note that says, "To Io" in Japanese.

Then, I walked away, giving her a wink off camera as she blushed and smiled as she started to open the note until Candice showed up, took it out of her hand and started ripping the note up.

She was in on this as well because quite frankly, it didn't have anything in it.

After the show, Masami and I went home after talking to Matt, Johnny, Candice about the whole thing, making sure that it all lines up.

So far, Masami and I's partnership is in the works. We just have to time it all out for Masami to turn heel and join me in the process.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 31 10
Anthony "Tony" Caruso is a native Philadelphian with a background in wrestling, taking up the name "Carlo Mancini". Spending a few years in Japan him...
17.9K 296 32
Since turning heel, Io Shirai has dominated the NXT women's division and looking for a shot at Shayna Baszler's NXT Women's title. She had embraced h...
12.3K 147 43
Oshiro Urai is a wrestler from Japan who is looking to reunite with his older sister in NXT, Asuka or Kanako Urai, but along the way, he meets a cert...
15.4K 300 49
Finley Flanigan hasn't always has the best of friends besides Kevin Owens, the one man he trusts, but a certain Genius of The Sky fall for him takes...