Fatal Yarn

By GiantSquidOfHogwarts

Madame Chantal Bellerose, an interesting old French woman gets a surprise visit. A visit that leaves her ston... More

ɬɧɛ ɱųཞɖɛཞ ơʄ ɱąɖąɱɛ ƈɧąŋɬąƖ
ѕaтιѕғacтιon oғ a ĸιller
f༙l༙a༙s༙h༙f༙o༙r༙w༙a༙r༙d༙ f༙e༙is༙t༙a༙
crιмe ѕcence qυιverѕ
q༙u༙e༙s༙t༙i༙o༙n༙a༙b༙l༙e༙ q༙u༙e༙r༙i༙e༙s༙

тнe oғғѕprιng ordeal

44 4 10
By GiantSquidOfHogwarts

Cordelia's phone started playing the usual Heat of the Moment tune that had been set as her alarm.  Groaning slightly, Cordelia opened her eyes and rolled over to turn it off.  She checked the day on her phone and realized two things. That it was Tuesday, and that she had a throbbing headache.

She sighed and grabbed the glass of water on her bedside, downing it in own gulp. The pounding in her head started to subside and she fell back into bed, not feeling the energy to move.

She had gotten home around Midnight and promptly blacked out upon her bed. Flashbacks from the night started playing in her head. As Cordelia remembered being fairly tipsy and accidently hugging a small Hispanic girl and saying "Vamanos Dora!" and tried pulling her until Tara who was equally tipsy distracted her by saying she wanted apple juice. IPhones and iPads included.

Cordelia cringed at the memories of last night and pulled her blankets over her head. Unfortunately she couldn't stay in bed all day, and actually had to face the world. Tara mentioned that she'd drop by to help with the Questioning, but the real question was if she would remember to come.

Groaning once again, she hauled herself off the bed and headed to the bathroom. She swiftly brushed her teeth and took and quick shower. It was already 10:00 am and the Bellerose siblings came to her office at two. After changing in a comfortable cream dress and brushing her dark brown hair into a sleek ponytail, Cordelia headed downstairs to eat.

One of the perks of having your own business, you're never late to work. Not technically at least. After a hectic night at Mystiques, Cordelia was ready to gain (hopefully) valuable information. Her mind drifted and she wondered if it was too soon to call Terrence. Probably, she decided and grabbed a box of Lucky Charms from the pantry. You were never too old for lucky charms.

After finishing her breakfast, Cordelia hopped off to her car. A beautiful black Hearse stood in her driveway, ready to take off. She stuck in her car key and started down the road, away from her small brick house.

It didn't take long for Cordelia to reach her office. She approached the small glass building and went inside. After grabbed a quick cup of Hot Chocolate she sat down and typed away on her laptop to working on case.

A loud knock on her door caused Cordelia to look up 2 hours later. A cunning women in her early thirties walked in with her usual white dress and styled to perfection brown hair. Irene Holmes was the wife and secretary of the Detective whose building adjoined hers. From the rumors she had heard, Irene worked more than just that. She worked the nightly entertainment business, a Mistress of some sorts according to John.

"John's convinced my husband to take some time off. So if you don't hear the usual mad muttering, don't be alarmed." Irene spoke, twisting her red lips into a smirk. "See you later Cor,"

"Good, he needs one," Cordelia smiled back, "Have fun,"

Irene gave a simple nod with a smirk still playing on her lips. She left the office with a small wave shortly after. Cordelia quickly glanced at the clock and decided to take a quick break. She had spent the last few hours digging up all the information she could on Chantal halfheartedly. A certain dashing brunette had distracted her thoughts. She grabbed a tattered Dan Brown book from the shelf near her desk and opened it up to the marked page. Cordelia knew she wasn't going to get any more work done anyways, so why not pass the time reading?

Another loud knock jarred her concentration hours later. She sighed and brought a new document to write on before she called out "Come in".

The door swung open to reveal a tear-stained, a cold, and a naive face. Respectively. Iris slowly stepped inside while clutching a power blue handkerchief, and Eros sauntered in typing away angrily on his phone. Theo bounded past his siblings and sat upon one of the chairs located across from her desk.

"I'm glad you could all make it today," Cordelia flashed an amiable smile and gestured towards the chairs Theo was sitting on, "Please sit."

After they had all gotten comfortable, and Eros had put away his phone, she cleared her throat.

"As you may know I've you all called here today to gain more information about your late mother and potential suspects. It would be greatly appreciated if we all cooperated." Cordelia said with her winning smile. She knew this would be a difficult task, but it had to be done.

"It would be my pleasure to help," Iris sniffled quietly before falling silent.

"Yo dawg, what do ya wanna know?" Theo voiced in right after. Eros kept his mouth shut as his siblings spoke.

Okay, this doesn't seem to be so bad, Cordelia thought to herself. "Just to be sure, what were you guys doing on the night of the murder," she asked hiding her nervousness. She wasn't sure how the siblings would take to such a question.

"Why? Do you think I could have done such an awful deed?" Iris wailed, tears prickling her eyes.

"No, of course not darling," Cordelia responded slightly awkwardly, unsure how to handle the sobbing girl "It's just protocol."

"Okay," Iris sniffled, "I went out for drinks with my boyfriend and a couple friend of hours. We were pretty hammered and we took a cab home. I spent the night with my boyfriend and I didn't even know she had dead until afternoon the next day," She choked out.

Cordelia quickly jotting that down and shifted her gaze to Theo to ask. She could hear Iris wailing quietly, "I'm such a horrible daughter." It was girls like that that made her want to slap her own gender.

A quiet knock came from the door and interrupted her. The door creaked open and a short woman wearing an Avenged Sevenfold shirt and denim shorts with black tights underneath. She a grin on her face as she stepped inside the room. Tara walked in and glanced over at the sobbing girl, rolling her eyes.

Cordelia stifled a laugh and donned a serious face. She turned to the siblings and waved over at Tara, "This is a friend of mine who will help with the case. She's just here to get all the information."

Iris waved a tear-stained hand and sniffled.  Theo and Eros smirked at each other and shared a secretive look, nodding in appreciation.

"The name's Theo Bellerose, you come here often?" Theo stuttered out with a small blush blossoming on his cheek, trying to be confident.

Tara chuckled and responded, "I'm Tara Angel," She smirked, leaning towards him and winking, "And yes, yes I do."

Cordelia chuckled as Theo stared dumbfounded at Tara's retreating figure.

Tara sat on the Cordeila's cherry wood desk, facing the siblings. She swept her bright red hair into a messy ponytail, and crossed her legs.

"Iris said her side, and Eros and Theo are left. I'll you in later," She whispered to Tara before looking at Theo.

"Theo, what were you doing the night your mother was murdered?" She asked, readying her document.

"I was out with lads of mine, hitting on lasses with pick up lines and trying to see who'd get laid. Unfortunately that night was bust and we all crashed at my buddy Joe's place." Theo narrated.

Tara glanced over to Cordelia, her mouth twisted into a small smirk, "Not Surprised" she mouthed.

Cordelia held back a laugh and nodded to both Tara and Theo, typing his answer down, "Could they vouch for you?" She asked.

"You betcha, my mates Oli, Joe, Casper, and Will were all there. Mark, Michael and Gavin crashed at Felix's house instead." He answered.

"And none of you got a date?" Tara asked incredulously, stared at him raising an eyebrow, "You guys must be some ugly motherfvckers."

"Yo dawg, like half of them have girlfriends, and like apparently them lasses don't like drunk lads with cheesy pick up lines," Theo responded somberly, like it was new information.

Eros let out an annoyed sigh and flicked the back of his brother's head.

He ignored the sound of protest coming from Theo and spoke, "He was dropped on the head as a child. My turn now yes?" He asked, turning at Cordelia.

Cordelia nodded and in acknowledgment and got ready to type.

"I spent the night with my husband, Patch. We went out for dinner and bowling before going home and spending the night under our sheets. He can confirm my location and answer any other questions about my whereabouts," he rattled off tiredly.

"Okay awesome," Cordelia smiled at the siblings, "Is there anyone is particular that could be motivated into killing Chantal?"

A dark look flittered through Eros's face, gone in a blink, "Basically anyone who know here would want her dead. She was vile, cruel and rude," He muttered through gritted teeth.

Tara watched Eros carefully with her chocolate brown eyes, looking at body language and tone. She had specialized in reading people, which came in handy. She rolled her eyes and sighed when she heard Iris break out into a fresh new round of sobs.

"Let's see," Theo mused, "There be the Family cook, The Families she nannied for, Her landlord, Her neighbors, her siblings, our cousins, the cops, our friends, her yoga instructor, the s-"

"Okay we get it, everybody hated her," Tara interrupted.

"I don't know why," Iris sniffled, "She was an amazing person, even if she wasn't a great mom."

"She wasn't, Iris just likes to hold on to the 'pristine' vision of mother before father died," Eros said tiredly, scrolling through his phone.

"Anyone specifically?" Cordelia asked again, hoping for an actually answer.

"Not really, the kids she nannied for are a good bet, anybody raised by her would want to kill her," Eros scoffed, "The bakers and grocers too, she was notorious when it came to buying things."

Cordelia sighed and typed that down, making a note of asking around. This case wasn't as easy as she thought it was going to be, but digging more into Eros seemed like a good idea.

"I think that will be all. Thank You for coming, I'll see you guys later then. My door and number are always available in light of new information or if you guys need anything," Cordelia smiled.

The siblings got up and stretched, thanking her for her time as they left. Theo stayed behind though, letting his brother and sister pass him.

"I plan on seeing you again, My Angel," Theo winked and put sunglasses on.

"Yeah, in your dreams," Tara shot back, raising an eyebrow.

Theo glared at her muttering something under his breath about needing game before sulking out the door.

"Who know who wears sunglasses inside? Blind people and Douchebags," Tara said disdainfully, quoting a character from a show she watched.

Cordelia laughed and finished entering data into her computer, not really paying attention to Tara. Her mind was on Terrence from yesterday, she kept on touching the cheek he kissed and glancing at her hand, wondering if it was to early to call.

   What was happening to her? She didn't like this feeling at all, it was foreign and odd, and her stomach seemed to knot itself and flip over inside her. Cordelia was brought out of her daze by being shaken.

"What's on your mind?" Tara asked concerned, her hand on Cordelia's shoulder.

Cordelia could feel her face heat up uncomfortably, "Nothing," she mumbled.

"Ooooh is it Lover Boy?" Tara asked, a smirk forming across her lips, "Call him, you have to ask him questions anyways. It's only Three thirty, you can tell me the details of the case later."

Cordelia hesitated, this wasn't like her, getting all nervous over a guy. She straightened her back and pushed her nerves over and picked up her phone, punching in her number.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?"  Cordelia asked, glancing up at Tara.

"Of course! Now call!" Tara exclaimed impatiently, making shooing gestures.

"Here goes nothing," Cordelia took a deep breath and pressed call, her heartbeat speeding up to her confusion.

The phone call went through, playing the dial tone. Suddenly Terrence's deep voice slipped through the other side.

"Terrence Greene's Phone, you can kindly fuck off. Unless you're that pretty brunette girl from yesterday."

*******************************************

Hey! Long time no see :3 Sorry!

Tara Angel to the side :)

And the song attached is one I'm currently obsessed with XD

Thoughts?

Please Vote and Comment if you enjoyed it! It means the world to me <3

Till Next Time

- Le Giant Squid -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 6.1K 72
➽Just short love stories...❤ ⇝❤️. ⇝🖤. ⇝♥️. ⇝💙. ⇝🩷. ⇝🤍. ➽💛Going on. ➽🩵Coming up [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradual...
18.7K 220 47
A WOSO Oneshot book Oneshots of favourite Women's footballers Mainly the Lionesses, Arsenal Women's team,Chelsea Women's team, Man City Women's team...
20.6K 121 10
Harry Styles one shots and smut by yours truly. May be reader insert, may be OC.
42.2K 64 25
Compilation of the Best Stories on Literotica