Oh, Boy!

Av Insidethedarkcateyes

Dwight and Joshua discovered each other through social media. Until one night when finally they see the physi... Mer

Disclaimer / A Blurb
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

1

65 1 0
Av Insidethedarkcateyes

(INTRO)

It's a lazy day for Joshua. He doesn't want to do anything but lie down on his bed- his elbows dipped on the foam while holding his phone and scrolling through his Facebook account. But no matter how fast he scrolled the newsfeed, a picture of a guy made his thumb to stop scrolling. Many seconds passed by, but his eyes were unable to blink while staring at that picture.

He gulped.

He could feel his forehead sweating.

His heart was beating at an abnormal rate.

His eyes scanned the beautiful face of a male on the screen; pointed nose, tantalizing eyes, and lips that seemed to have been curved by Leonardo Da Vinci. He never sees the face of a guy that is so perfect in his eyes.

Don't get him wrong. He's straight like an arrow. Or maybe, he was straight until he saw this boy's picture.

He didn't notice he already got hard down there. So, he changed his position because it was making him feel uncomfortable. Who the hell is this guy that all of a sudden, turned his life upside down.

His thumb was like it had its own mind that pressed the name of a guy in the picture.

'Dwight Del Rosario.' He read his name, like a character in the Romeo and Juliet novel. 'It's a nice name, huh..' he thought.

Call him a stalker, but he doesn't care. As if someone would find out right now that he was browsing the profile of a stranger on Facebook.

But then, he didn't mean to tap the like button in one of the previous photos of Dwight.

Dwight: Hello, are you stalking me?

That's a message that appears from the top of his screen after 30 seconds when he accidentally presses the like button.

Joshua: Huh? Who are you?

Pretending to not know what was going on.

Dwight: Well, as you can see on my profile- that you've stalked. My name is Dwight.

Joshua laughed. He's funny.

Joshua: Dude, I'm not gay, and what are you talking about? Stalking? To whom? You? Really?

And as a response, Dwight sent a picture. It's a screenshot from his notification, that he just shades a like icon for Dwight's picture last year.

Oh, boy!

(PART 1)

1.

Far from perfect, like how Joshua described his looks. Dwight is full of insecurities about himself. There are millions of things he has right now that he's willing to exchange, just to have the things he lacks in life.

Like true friends, family & freedom.

He may have everything in his life-—materially. But not the love and support from his parents. For him, his parents treat him like an investor for the future and not their child who needs tender loving care, just like what they do with their clients. Clients are always their priority. Client (money) first before their son. While he needs to be perfect for them. That's why he is always a top student and always gets recognition in his school. But he never had parents who attended with him to receive the recognition he has been awarded. Being a top student is just his responsibility and no need for recognition from his parents. If he doesn't do his best, his parents never fail to show him how disappointed and worthless he is as their son. There are so many occasions like Christmas, New Years, his graduations, and especially his birthdays, that he misses the presence of his parents; They are always out of the country for business purposes.

Because of that kind of life. He was aloof with people around him. That's why, people think he's a snob and hard to be with. But the truth is he's just a shy type of person—introvert as they say. And it's because of his parents who always rejected him when he needed them. He was always scared of getting rejected by other people. Thanks to social media he only has the guts to make the first move online. By interaction through social media, he doesn't have to see their facial reactions when he starts approaching them. He can be whatever he wants to be.

He needs a friend.

That's why, it makes him smile when he sees his notification that someone has liked his old picture.. and he can't help but message the guy.

Dwight: Hello, are you stalking me?

He's not being serious with his question. He just doesn't know how to start a proper conversation. He thought, that if he messaged the guy with 'Hi!' there was a ninety percent tendency that the guy would ignore him. And, accusing the guy that he is stalking his profile will make the guy—named Joshua on his profile—confused and be forced to reply to his message.

*****

On the other hand, Joshua is not smart and not as rich as Dwight. Their worlds are totally upside down. Joshua lost his father when he was ten years old. But his mother did everything to provide all his needs. In the day, his mother did laundry in five houses in the village. At night her mother was selling Balot in the street. Despite adversity, his mother, named Tanya, made it to enroll her only son in one of the most prestigious universities in the Philippines. The Apolo's University. She believes the best university will give her son the best future.

But Joshua didn't appreciate all the sacrifices his mother had for him. He said, 'Why do you want me to study at that university? We are not rich and you can't afford it. You can't even give me pocket money whenever I go to school!' And it hurts Tanya because she knows it's true, but she always endures all the insults coming from her own son's mouth. She thought, someday he will understand.

Because of his circle of friends at school. Joshua learns to hide his real identity–that he's not rich. He always goes with all his friends whenever they hang out, even though he really can't afford it. He has a talent that he can easily fool someone to pay for him in their gimmicks.

Maybe because Joshua is naturally charming. His smile is magnetic to many. He has a good voice that can attract all the girls. And he loves to joke around. He is fun to be with, that's why he has many friends in school.

But the smile and laughter are only a mask.

The truth is.. he is insecure about his friends. There are many things that he wants but he can't have.
Like the latest iPhone 12. All of his friends have an iPhone already, but his phone...never mind.

That school makes him feel pathetic. That school is a big fat stage and he was a clown, hiding his tears behind a mask.

"Balooott!" He shouted; announcing to people around the street in Escolta that he was selling one. He's selling balots because his mother has a fever that time. So, he had no choice, or else he got no allowance for tomorrow, especially since he and his circle of friends planned to hang out after school tomorrow.

It was midnight, so he assumed that all of his classmates or schoolmates who might know him were already sleeping at this very hour. But here he is. In the middle of the street, walking and holding a basket full of duck eggs, because he can't afford to sleep. He needs money that she can show to his friends.

If you were to ask him if he is tired? Yes, he is fucking sick and tired in this kind of life, but he has no right to sleep until all the duck's eggs in his basket was sold. Good thing, his school tomorrow starts at 2 p.m.

He's shivering.

He felt the air get extra cold tonight, he looked up at the night sky and there was no star. Indicating the 70% probability of the rain.

He blows a loud breath

Life is unfair.

How he wish, like all of his classmates he's also in a comfortable bed right now and peacefully sleeping, no worries for tomorrow because you know your parents can provide everything you need.

But those kind-of-life is just a fantasy for him. This is his reality. He needs to work, to provide his extra needs.

He shook his head.

This is not the time for drama. He needs to double his effort so he can go home early.

"Balooot!" he shouted again while walking.

A few people were passing him by but paid no attention to what he was selling.

Then a car ran slowly directly to his opposite. He raised his hand to catch the attention of the driver. Good thing, the car pulled over beside him and the tinted window glass scrolled down.

Then he froze when he met the exact eyes that made his heart stop the first time he saw it.

"How much?" The guy inside the gray car asked. The full scale of his face is not fully visible, because it's kinda dark inside the vehicle. But his tantalizing eyes were shouting the identity of whose this man is. And Joshua knew who he is.

It's the guy he first met on Facebook.

The guy who suspected him that he was stalking his Facebook.

"Eh.. how much?" The guy repeated.

He blinked his eyes and obliviously shook his head, trying to pull himself together, because for some reason, seeing this guy a second time around was making him feel nervous. For some reason, he felt that all the cells in his body were reacting weirdly, betraying him.

What's happening to him? A while ago, he felt like a zombie walking around. And now, his heart was pounding, and he couldn't control it! Zombies don't have a heart, don't they? 'Cause they eat it.

Has this guy done something to him? Is he kind of a.. wizard?

A very handsome wizard.

He blinked mindlessly.

Oh, boy! What the hell is happening to me?!

"N-nineteen. S-sir.." Did he stutter?

Joshua saw a smirk on the guy's lips.

"I mean.. How much is all of that?"

Joshua's eyes are wide open. "Are you serious, Sir?"

"Do I look like joking?"

Joshua shook his head. "No, Sir, I'm sorry. Let me count it all for—" The guy in the car cut him off.

"—don't bother, is 20K enough?"

Now, Joshua needs to swallow the lump in his throat. He can't believe that this man is willing to buy all his wares in 20K. Is he serious? His price is 10 times higher than its original price. No, 20 times? 50 times? He's not sure. He's not good in math.

"A-ah.. Thank you, Sir. But all of this is just 3K."

Dwight did not argue, even though he was willing to pay more. He is not actually paying the price for duck eggs, he's paying for the guy's hardship. "Okay, I'll buy it. Kindly put it inside my trunk."

Joshua immediately nodded his head and followed the instructions. He walked to the back of the car, opened the trunk, and put the basket and a gallon of vinegar inside.

When he walked back beside the driver seat, the guy in the car handed him the 20K pesos.

"Sir. I think it's too much. The price is only 3K."

The guy holds his hand and he puts the money in his palm.

"Just take it. Keep the change.."

But knowing Joshua with pride. Even though he was so tempted to accept it, he still managed to refuse. "3K is enough, Sir. I don't want to take advantage of your kindness," he said with a firm.

But the boy with lips like Leonardo's painting still insists. "No. It's yours. You deserved it."

He searched for judgment in the guy's eyes. But he can only see his sincerity. No pretentious. No bragging.

"T-thank you.."

And thunder was roaring up the sky, and in just a few seconds, the heavy rain was pouring.

"Hurry up! Get inside!" The guy named Dwight on Facebook said.

And Joshua had no choice but to follow his command again, or else he would end up with a cold tomorrow morning.

"I felt embarrassed, sorry if I disturbed you.."

"It's okay.." Dwight smirked again. "You already disturbed me, since you liked my old photo on Facebook."

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

62 0 8
love...
Mine. Av Brat 💙.

Tonårsromaner

27.2K 714 12
Read to find out.
223K 9.6K 26
| 𝐚𝐡 • 𝐠𝐚𝐡 • 𝐩𝐚𝐲 | 𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧�...
10.7K 321 27
Just read to find out