WEDNESDAY'S TWIN BROTHER

By Bluephoenix52

What if Wednesday Addams had a twin brother that went to Nevermore? Mortez Addams is Wednes... More

CHARACTERS
THE TWINS
NEVERMORE
HARVEST FESTIVAL
SCHOOL CLUBS
SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS
BLACK CATS Vs JOKERS
OUTREACH DAY
SLEUTHING INTO THE PAST
PAYBACK
RAVE'N FEVER
DANCE FEVER
PARENT WEEKEND
NOTHING BRINGS FAMILY CLOSER THAN GRAVE DIGGING
AN ADDAMS SWEET SIXTEEN
TWO ADDAMS , TWO HALF BRREDS , A FUR &A GORGON GO SLEUTHING

OLD FACES

1.4K 25 2
By Bluephoenix52

Note I need you all to remember this story will be slightly different so please don't complain if you see something probably a bit out of context. For example , only few teachers at Nevermore are normies , I know Jericho is very prejudice but I want to have at least a few accepting individuals because when I learnt Thornhill hated Outcasts it was sad, because I thought of her as someone who was accepting of those different if she could work at the school and be a dorm mom.

             On another note ,  decided to search for Lucius Hoyos , the actor who played young Gomez . I was curious to see how he really looked like without the costume  and it makes me happy that Aidan was really indeed  the best candidate for Mortez. Because they share a mild resemblance.

             Mortez stepped out of the bathroom dressed in a grey lounge set. The dinner at Nevermore wasn't as bad as he expected , but there was some weird aftertaste during mastication that Mortez didn't know whether to enjoy the weird taste or been worried about what he was consuming.

                      During that time , he and Wednesday had sat together, already at their new school and everyone was already wary of him and his twin; it was music to Mortez's ears. He was afraid being amongst fellow outcasts would not cause his peers to fear him , but apparently , outcast kids were just as easy to fright as normies , even if his smile was put up.

                            He and Wednesday had noticed Galpin wasn't there during dinner from which he gleaned from Enid that the locked Hyde boy preferred eating in his room during dinner. If Mortez was going to leave  , he could make his stay at Nevermore a little bit worth while. He had plans , studying the Hyde and vampires and finding any secret tunnels or passages , because an institution as old as Nevermore was bound to have some hidden room or something.

                  Currently , Mortez was in his bed reading a book : The Art Of Torture. He was at chapter four : HOW TO DISORIENT VICTIMS.

                Mortez , if you looked at it from a non Addams angle , would probably go into a career in pyschology. His twin was into blood , not that he wasn't either , Mortez was intruiged by the human mindset and what factors could affect it especially the toll grief took on an individual when the person closed off  reality and chose to reside in denial.

                   He believed mental torture was just as effective as the physical, getting into one's mind and shattering it was a skill he was still learning. The one thing he cherished about the physical torture whenever he practiced with Pugsley (or anyone who dared cross him) was wearing his favorite black gloves , his father had  gifted them to him  at eleven , apparently the gloves belonged to a serial killer who was notorious in England in 1883. To Mortez's discovery and delight surprise , the serial killer was a woman.

                    Torture wasn't the only type of book , Mortez indulged in. While Wednesday wrote novels , Mortez was a fan of reading literature , mainly old folkores and myths , especially those regarding the Other Side. Unfortunately , neither he nor Wednesday had inherited their mother's ablity to commune with the dead , it was something his four year old self had wanted badly , so he could resort to the next best thing;   reading about spirits.

                    From the corner of his eye , he could see his roommate/adivsary looking at him with a dumb expression on his face , that Mortez wondered what the heck Enid found attractive about that.

                     "Are you planning on petrifying me?" , Mortez put the book down and smiled at Ajax , "if so , I can't guarantee your survival." Now that Mortez thought about it , he had never been stoned before , he began wondering how the experience was like.

                  Ajax pulled on his beanie tightly, "No-no , I wouldn't stone anyone , atleast not on purpose". The Gorgon whispered the last words , but Mortez was very good in linguistics , he could read the other boy's mouth. The Addams boy thought of groaning , the Gorgon obviously had self confidence issues and he cringed; if he was going to compete for Enid's feelings , his advesary could be atleast blood thirsty.

                   "Then why are you eyeing me like some stalker? You have been staring for about a few good pages since you entered as I read."

                     "I ..guess I wanna apologize for saying those stupid things about you and your sister."

                    "Why are you apologising?" Mortez was genuinely surprised , he and Wednesday were very used to rumors circulating about them , "you weren't exactly beside the mark. Though , if you gossip about me and my sister , we prefer the information to be accurate and precise. Wednesday is no cannibal , but we do have a cousin who is."

                 Ajax just stared at Mortez in mild surprise , shock and some kind of amusement , "Still. It was a dick move. I haven't exactly made a good impression as a roommate , first I forgot about giving you a tour and then spreading stuff about you that wasn't in a good light."

                   Mortez rose a brow , "is there any other kind of light?" To an Addams, what Ajax just said was basically a compliment , but Mortez knew how to read people and emotions properly and knew the Gorgon wasn't exactly complimenting.

           "Besides , I don't care you weren't around , honestly , I don't believe in first impressions , unless it is necessary. And second ,  if you are worried that I might deliver retribution on you for what you said , there is nothing to fear." Mortez gave Ajax a fake smile that seemed so genuine ,  the only thing Ajax had to worry was being Mortez's adversary for Enid , "Wednesday on the other hand is most likely going to punish you for implying that she's a cannibal."

                    Ajax gulped making Mortez smirk a little; that was a lie , he knew Wednesday was only mildly affected by the cannibal assumption but it was very unlikely for her to torture someone for such a petty rumor. Mortez only said it to make Ajax scared.

                The Gorgon chuckled nervously , "you're less scary than your sister."

                   "I , unlike Wednesday can engage in social interactions , but don't let that and my smiles  make you think , I'm the ...", Mortez made a disgusted noise expression on his face and gagged as if the mere words pained him , "nice twin. I'm just as morbid and sadistic."

                People always tended to believe just because he smiled alot and was excellent at pleasantries, Mortez was the nice twin. He hated that fake assumption , it's one of the reasons anytime he was befriended , they left after getting to know him , because he was and he quote: a sicko like his sister. Its not his fault people read the wrong signals about him and not into his interests.

                       Ajax slowly nodded , a little bit frightened,  that made Mortez smile , "atleast , you're a better roommate than my last one."

                    "What happened to him?"

               "Whose him?" Mortez resisted the urge to roll his eyes at the Gorgon ; Enid was indeed right about Gorgons stoning themselves too much .

                      "Your previous roommate." He deadpanned.

                     "Oh," Ajax blushed , "right . Rowan is his name. The dude barely said few words to me while we roomed together. Rowan is a little weird , loner so too speak , but again acts like some snob because his mother was a student here and his dad is on the board."

                      "Ah, an entitled brat ," Mortez hummed , stuck up snobs were his least favorite kind of victims , not only because of how they acted entitled but how easily it was to break their mind in less than a minute ; pathetic creatures.

                     "Sometimes ," Ajax nodded , "he got reallocated to my best friend ,  Xavier's room at the  begining of the semester , though Xavier seems to get along with him just fine because Xavier doesn't complain about Rowan and tells me its was probably misunderstanding on my part. " Ajax paused before speaking again , " I think Rowan only entertains Xavier  because 'they are on the same level' ." He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly , but there was some kind of sadness in Ajax's eyes.

                 Mortez didn't need Ajax to elaborate more ' on the same level ' part. Entitled brats did like to associate with other elites.

                   "Well , I can reassure you that I'm not some elite snob. Nor will I make you feel inferior  during our cohabitation."

                  "Really ?" Ajax looked at Mortez as if not sure whether to believe him or not. Mortez simply nodded.

                   Everyone in the Outcast community knew how well wealthly the Addams were because of their old money and family lands and no surprise the family had connections to the school board and donated to it - it was bound for the students to associate who he and Wednesday's family were.

                        But not even that privilege could make neither Mortez nor Wednesday belittle someone just because said person was from the lower hierarchy of social status. Not even they were cruel to treat some with disdain over something petty as social status.

                      "Thanks." Ajax smiled , Mortez was courteous to nod , he could put aside his emotions for his advesary (for now) , he didn't need to make someone feel insecure because they aren't financially stable or up there on the economic scale.

                      Mortez got out of bed , he didn't think he would talk to his roommate for this long.

                         "Where are you going?"

                 "Out for a stroll. Talking to you disrupted my evening routine , so I need to walk ."

                        "Be careful. It's six minutes to ten and the dorm master makes his rounds. Mr Weasley , he  maybe a normie but he is very strict at maintaining house rules  ." Ajax looked at his roommate warningly who just brushed him off.

                      "Your concern is flattering but unnecessary , I know how to sleuther undetected , besides , I doubt a normie teacher can deliver a punishment technique better than me." Mortez smiled and made his way out of his room only to bump into a lady.

                    "My apologies ma'am , I did not see where I was going."  The woman had red hair and big round glasses. She definitely didn't scream Outcast.

                   "It's fine." The red head stared at him , "are you a new student , I haven't seen you around before."

                   "I'm. Mortez Addams." He smiled and  took his hand out  for a shake and the woman took it shaking back.

                "Marilyn Thornhill." Mortez didn't miss the way the woman's jaw clenched and how her voice sounded as if she was putting a lot of restraint into sounding courteous with him. He had to admit , this woman was good at hiding her facial expressions. Because it was obvious she was loathing  their interaction .

                   "Addams you said? You're related to Wednesday?"

                     "She's my younger twin. How do you know her."

                   Thornhill smiled , "I'm the dorm master (😂😂had to say that, if you watch you know the joke) , or as I prefer , dorm mom of Ophelia Hall. I just met her right now."

                     Mortez nodded and then noticed the mud on the woman's boots , if it wasn't for the fact he needed a stroll , he would have asked about it.

                  "Pleasure meeting you ."

         "Likewise."  Thornhill smiled and Mortez couldn't help think: is it? .

         "Oh and if you are going for a stroll , do hurry , Richard is very strict on curfew." Thornhill added before walking off. Mortez just ignored the advice and decided to out aside investigating the normie for another time. Unbeknownst to him, Thing was trailing after him.

                       Mortez had almost overslept if Ajax hadn't woken him up. The Addams boy was used to Lurch ringing the bell that always woke him and his siblings before breakfast prior to starting off to school. Fortunately , Mortez wasn't late for class , being punctual was something he held very important .

               However , he and Wednesday did not have the same schedules , they only had a few classes together such as ; Literature, Botany , Werewolf reproduction and Anatomy of Gorgons. Mortez was definitely going to ask Weems to adjust their schedules. The two weren't used to different classes.

                     As of the moment , the twins were heading to fencing class , they were experts with swords so they didn't understand why they had to participate ,  but apparently it was mandatory for all first years to join.

                    Wednesday's fencing gear was black , completely standing out , while Mortez was white , he didn't feel the need to request it in a different color. Besides , even if he was currently wearing a white gear and Wednesday black , the two were basically twinning.

                        While Wednesday went in , Mortez stopped to see the trophy case , in it was a picture of their mother at sixteen grinning proudly in the center , she was in her fencing gear along with several other students.
                        Mortez looked at his own identical white  gear and remembered that crushing feeling he felt before coming to the school ; could he make it in Nevermore , if his parents accomplishments were almost everywhere.

                         "I see mother is haunting you as much as she is me ,"  Wednesday exclaimed , she had noticed her brother hadn't walked in. Although Wednesday Addams was not a fan of understanding emotions , she could feel Mortez was apparently in the same suffocating coffin she was.

                       "Carving an identity here will definitely be challenging without been compared to mother and father and what they accomplished when they studied here."

                    "Fortunately , I don't plan on staying here going insane . I swear , I can literally feel their sixteen year old ghosts wandering and getting into all the shenanigans they perform together."

                      Mortez grimaced , he didn't need a mental image of what his parents did back in their youth , their current life style was bad enough as it was , he didn't want to imagine how erotic and touchy they were with the other at time when their hormones were raging the most.

                     They both walked in , finding the other students fencing untill they stopped to see them;  Wednesday in black and Mortez white (like the rest of the students); it kinda reminded the young outcasts of the concept of yin and yang and in a way it kinda was.

                      "Whoa, " Enid looked at the twins in a fascinated way ," like you two literally twinning right now ."

                  "Thank you." Mortez smiled and when Enid smiled back , he could help the foreign gushy feeling and warmth spreading in his body . It was alien to him but Mortez didn't mind. He was blaming his Frump genes , his mother had warned him and Wednesday their passion instincts would come out sooner or later like some many others before in the Frump family.

                  "We're already twins , our choice of garment and fabric does not determine if we look the typical stereotype of society's of identical fraternal twins . So there is no need to act excited." Wednesday sneered , it was bad enough her father had once dressed her and  Mortez in horrendous and nonsensical  dark matching outfits , those were the worst two weeks of Wednesday's life, she didn't need to be reminded how much she and Mortez looked alike in certain colors.

                         "You can't blame me , you two are like the only twins at Nevermore apart from the sirens Divina and Kent and the Carsons , though it's difficult to read if they are identical or not seeing neither have a face."

                     Wednesday was getting annoyed with the blonde , after the petty disagreement Enid begun after the ravenette made changes to her OWN side of the room  and the lousy attempt at threatening , as if Wednesday would be afraid of a girl's werewolf claws.

                     Wednesday  had assumed the werewolf wouldn't want to engage again , unfortunately that did not seem the case, Enid apparently didn't hold grudges long. Pathetic actually.

                        The attention then drifted to two fencers training untill one of them fell down and removed his mask.

              "Coach, Coach, she tripped me." Mortez and Wednesday rose a brow at the boy's  pathetic whining , they had just walked in but even they saw no foul movement was involved.

             "It was a clean strike, Rowan." The coach sighed and Mortez could see the man was clearly holding back his irritation .

                    Mortez then recalled Ajax's former roommate. He analyzed the boy with glasses ; his personality matched  the profile of weird loner and on a dark scale , a killer no one would see coming a mile away, well if it was in a good old black and white horror slash film. But Rowan , a snob did not reach Mortez's standards or character profile of killer let alone decent killer.

                The other fencer removed their mask , revealing Bianca Barclay , "Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn’t suck."

                 There were a few students snickering and Rowan was definitely seething. Wednesday just eyed the siren who turned to the coach.

                "Seriously, Coach, when am I gonna get real competition?" , Bianca looked around the students , "Anyone else want to challenge me?"

                 Enid made a silent peep sound , and Mortez smiled when she reached for his arm.

                         "As much as I don't entertain chivarly because it's dead , however I'll for you my lady."

                   Enid looked confused for a while untill Mortez pointed at her arm interlocking with his. The Werewolf immediately freed herself , a small blush on her cheeks.

                     "Sorry , Bianca is scary sometimes."

                     "Don't apologise. I'm more than happy to offer more than my arm to ease your discomfort." Mortez said with a smile that made Enid blush furiously.

                      Wednesday needed to escape the sight of her brother flirting with her roommate who would surely end up dead for her hideous side of the room and trying to sway Mortez away. mother would be so proud of her favorite child finding a werewolf for a respective partner .

                  Wednesday realized how exactly she was thinking and shook it off : she did NOT do jealous. Her twin's attention on someone who wasn't family (more particularly her) was  unusual , but nothing more than annoying . She wasn't an attention seeking little girl who needed her big brother to only focus on her - she was above that.

               So to spare herself the drama , she turned to Bianca , "I do."

                    Everyone turned to Wednesday , Mortez whispered , "what do you think you're doing?"

                "About to put someone in their place."

                    Bianca looked at the twins and smiled , "Oh, you must be the psychopaths they let in."

                 "You must be the self-appointed Queen Bee." Mortez replied with the same condoscending tone with a malicious smile on his face.

            "Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stingers, they drop dead." Wednesday dead panned as she stared directly at Bianca. The students began murmuring , something both twins noticed Bianca clearly didn't enjoy.

            "Rowan doesn’t need you to come to his defense.He’s not helpless, he’s lazy."

             "Are we doing this or not?" Wednesday looked at Bianca directly making Mortez wonder why his twin was being impulsive - he knew Wednesday well enough to determine when she was been impulsive or not.

               Mortez could only watch as his sister and Bianca fenced off. Both getting evenly matched. Immediately Wednesday proposed they go old fashion - without the masks , Mortez knew his sister was done already. He didn't judge Wednesday's capabilities , but they hadn't watched Bianca enough for either twin to evaluate if she was a good or bad at fencing. Unfortunately , his theory was proven.

           Bianca smirked,"Your face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed." A few students gasped , some snickered , while Mortez seethed seeing the blood slightly pouring beneath Wednesday's fringe  from the scratch caused by Bianca's pointer.

             Wednesday seethed and stormed out , Enid turned to look at Mortez.

               "Yikes , she looks like she's in a bad mood."

              "Most definitely. I have to make she doesn't commit murder in her rage."

                   Mortez had insisted in going with Wednesday to the nurse's office much to her dismay.

                        "I told you it was a bad idea." Mortez ignored the glare Wednesday sent him , he could see she was furious and no doubt feeling vindictive.

                      He didn't understand why Wednesday just challenged Bianca , sure his sister could float but she was a strategic thinker , she ought to have noticed Bianca was good . Mortez couldn't help look at Wednesday ; she obviously made the decision impulsively , but that was so unlike her. And he didn't bother pry , Wednesday doing something impulsive was because of emotion , his sister did not make decisions in haste or emotions.

"You’re Wednesday, right?" Rowan , Ajax's former roommate asked , "Rowan.I know how you feel."

     "I guarantee you don’t." Wednesday replied in her montone voice. She didn't need sympathy much less from a boy who was clearly a social outcast. What she needed was something to take her mind off the humiliating scene recurring in her brain.

     However , Rowan was still trying to form a conversation ,"My mother promised me I’d finally fit in somewhere.

            "I never thought it was possible to be an outcast in a school full of outcasts." Mortez rolled his eyes trying to understand why the other boy was still talking.

          "But it looks like you’re gonna give me a run for my money."

                "Your former  roommate clearly has something else to say",  Mortez muttered.

                      "What?" Rowan asked but Mortez ignored him.

           Rowan looked  at Mortez momentarily before his attention went  back to Wednesday , "Uh…Sorry about the… nick."

                  "No good deed goes unpunished."Wednesday got up and stormed out of the nurse's office . The younger Addams Twin did not like the wallowing of self -pity , rage and disgust her defeat had brought. She would get revenge for this on the Siren , she just had to figure a way to attack Barclay.

                  Mortez knew his sister was definitely in a mood. Wednesday was not the typical moody teenage girl , but he knew she was on the verge of throwing one of her daggers at someone should they piss her off.

                He then turned to stare at Rowan who looked at him with some weird emotion laced with fear and something else , Mortez couldn't quite decipher nor did he want to care .

                   Mortez heard a familiar tapping sound and turned around to see nothing. He rolled his eyes ; Thing could be more inconspicuous, if he didn't apply that awful handcream of his that easily assaults the nostrils.

                       Mortez was exiting the nurse's office when he bumped into someone .

                     "Sorry , didn't see where I was going." The boy said and Mortez realized it was the same boy he saw in the quad (Pentagon) yesterday (Noah schnap is so pulling off the Nevermore uniform in my head)

                     "Do mind my straight forwardness but have we met before?"

                    "What?" The boy with a familiar face asked.

                      "Your face is vaguely familiar to me and it's annoying not knowing where exactly we might have possibly met." If there was anything Mortez hated - it was not knowing something. Especially if his  intuition said otherwise.

                        "You actually remember me?" The boy smiled and even that cute smile was familiar. Mortez then registered what he mentally said .

                    "I don't exactly remember, but my sixth sense finds you familiar so you must be vital."

                "Allen. Allen Buckley."

            "Mortez Addams." The two boys shook hands and now more than ever Mortez was sure he had met Allen somewhere.

              "My godmother was friends with your grandmother, they spent their twenties in Europe, swindling the rich and notorious. My godmother used to bring my cousin and I to your family estate."

                    Mortez began searching for a possible friend of grandmama he might have met at some point in his life. He looked at Allen and his memories came rushing , "Indeed , I remember now. Whenever you and your cousin paid a visit , I always asked you to be my test subject. "

                      "Yeah , that was me. I'm beginning to wonder why I ever volunteered to be a willing live target practice." Allen smiled and the memories of the shy boy who always hang out with Mortez came to the Addams boy.

                      If you thought about it deeply , Allen was basically the first friend Mortez had , well only 'real ' friend actually. Because the other boy never got freaked out or coward away from Mortez , unless they were practicing the Addams' ability to throw knives at accuracy , but even then , Allen was only scared of being stabbed or hurt , but on no account did he fear Mortez.

                       "I see you got rid of your bowl cut."

                      Allen run a hand through his hair , "new look , new me." Mortez rose a brow , he had a feeling , the other boy was still the shy type .

                "The last time we saw each other , it was your godmother's funeral. We were all  playing hide and seek ,  Wednesday and I heard muffling screaming from her coffin and we assumed your godmother was trying to escape from Death's grasp ." Mortez said the last part with full disappointment , he remembered how excited he and Wednesday had gotten at the prospect of seeing someone revived back to the land of the living ; ha childhood innocence.

                 Allen laughed , "that was my cousin we all heard in the coffin. Xavier ."

                    Mortez scowled , "not Xavier Thorpe , the one classified as the tortured artist?"

                         "One and only."

               "Seems Xavier is not as chubby as he used to be." Mortez hummed to himself , he didn't have any specific memories of Xavier as compared to Allen , mostly because Xavier had a crush on Wednesday and whenever his family visited , the boy always wanted a glimpse of his twin even if Wednesday back then only locked herself in her room to drown out the visitors.

                      "Well , it was quite unpleasant to meet you again little Allen." Mortez smiled and he was glad when Allen smiled back.

                "Guess , Addams vocabulary hasn't changed , but it was nice seeing you again."

                    And because visions had their own cursed timing , Mortez found the world around him shaking , his pupils going to the back of his head as his body vibrated. He wasn't kidding about the electroshock part.

                   In the vision , Mortez saw Wednesday walking outside in the rain. His twin heard a scrapping sound , and immediately Wednesday looked up , a gargoyle came falling under her .

                 "WEDNESDAY!" A unfamiliar voice shouted .

                     "You okay, that didn't seem pleasant?" Allen asked immediately , Mortez got aware of his surrounding. The other boy was holding onto his shoulders looking at him with a great amount of concern in his eyes.

                     "I have to go!" Mortez said he immediately he recalled the vision , he run out without giving any explanation to Allen who still looked at Mortez with a fond emotion etched into his face.

                   Mortez immediately went in the location of where his premonition showed him , he saw Wednesday looking up and before the older Addams twin could do anything to save her , his sister was tackled out of the way by someone before the gargoyle could make impact.  Apparently , Xavier Thorpe was the only who played the card of hero.

                   Honestly , Mortez could care less about that , he immediately scooped up his sister in his arms having lost unconscious upon Xavier tackling her out of the way.

                       "Is she okay?" Xavier asked.

                    "As much as I appreciate you saving my sister from what would have been an imaginative , yet boring way to die , I can take her to the nurse myself."  He adjusted Wednesday in his arms and made a beeline to the nurse's office (again) .

                 Mortez released a sigh of relief immediately Wednesday was placed on a bed. He didn't even know ,he was holding one in . Mortez didn't want to imagine what would have happened if his sister was crushed under the old stone , as much as he would like to see Wednesday in a cast , his heart couldn't take his twin being injured unless it resulted from a machination of his.

                    Mortez had informed Weems he wasn't going to attend the rest of the classes untill his twin woke up and after a few good minutes of arguing with the Headmistress , the  tall woman assented to his request.

                       Mortez watched his sister like a stalker would with a potential vicitim as she lay on the bed , her arms over her chest like some corpse and with how pale Wednesday was , she really did look like a corpse. The only thing assuring him she was still alive and hadn't joined the ancestors on the Other Side was her slient breathing.

                     Wednesday's eyes immediately opened and she sat up finding her twin smiling at her with mischeif in his grin but concern was there in his eyes too.

                   "Do you remember anything?"

                     Wednesday blinked at her twin , her face completely expressionless , "I remember walking out of here feeling a mix of rage , pity and self disgust. Then I saw a gargolye coming down under me and I thought. ' Atleast I would have an imaginative death.". She then eyed Mortez warily , "you're never going to let me live this down  aren't you?"

                    Mortez only responded with a cheeky smile that confirmed Wednesday's suscipion. She could imagine what her tomb stone would have said. : Wednesday Addams , crushed by a Rock. Oh that would have been humiliating had she died by some falling rock all because the architecture of the school was obviously falling apart.

                   "I had a vision and saw everything. Thorpe tackled you out of the way."

                 Mortez then explained to Wednesday where in life they had met Xavier before and the look on Wednesday's face was that contorted with exasperation.

                     "He had to have outgrown his pathetic infatuation with me by now." Although Xavier was no longer the chubby kid he was , Wednesday still felt that particular annoyance from him and seeing he practically 'saved ' her like some stupid damsel in distress , he would be expecting her to say thank you like the patriarchy did to obtain her gratitude. Fat chance .

   .           A few days later , Weems was driving the twins to Therapy much to their annoyance. The woman was obviously keeping them under lock and key. Wednesday had informed Mortez she was escaping and the ever loyal twin had taken the mantle to follow her.

                Knowing whether she said it or not , he would be by her side. He would miss Enid , that much Mortez knew , his heart would yearn for his werewolf girl but family came first.

                      "Tell me Thing still has all five of his fingers." Mortez whispered to Wednesday , apparently his twin had also noticed the hand lurking and not surprisingly , she had forced the appendage to pledge his loyalty to her. Though that was stupid if Mortez had to say because Thing"s sense of loyalty was questionable ; a good threat or bribery and he could be on Mortez's side.

                    "They are still intact...for now." Wednesday opened her bag and from inside , Thing waved at Mortez who smiled and reciprocated back with his own wave.

           Weems finally parked outside a tall building and turned to look at the twins in the backseat with a smile  , "Dr. Kinbott’s office is on the second floor.Other Nevermore students swear by her."

          The two siblings got out of the car , Wednesday turned to look at the principal , "You’ll be here until we're done?"

          "Perhaps afterwards we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate. It's just near by." The woman added with a smile that made Wednesday want to roll her eyes ; how people like Mortez and Weems smiled alot without their lips or teeth falling out was a puzzle even for her.

"Principal Weems, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you.
A

nd chauffeuring your students around is below your pay grade."

      "What she said." Mortez backed his sister. Talk about commitment to keeping an eye. Why would any adminstraror of an academic institution drive their students to therapy and wait who knows how long untill a session ends.

                The Headmistress just ignored their comments ,"Given your history, I’m sure you’re intent on running away and him helping you.
I'm here to prevent that from happening."

        "We wish you luck." Mortez said as he slammed the car door. He and Wednesday walked up to the building as if they were going to face death itself.  Mortez knocked on the door of the office  and a blonde woman let them in with a smile on her face .  Eventually the Addams twins settled in the room but it wasn't long untill they got into the boring part .

               "So for instance , when someone bullies your brother -  your natural responses is to dump piranha in the pool.

                "You know the old saying Doc," Mortez said with a mischevious grin on his face ", never bring a knife to a sword fight."

     "Unless it’s concealed." Wednesday added , family game night in the Addams family were convivial times.

            Kinbott just got fed up of going around the bush ,"Point is, you both attacked a swim team , assaulted a boy, and showed no remorse for your actions.That’s why you’re here."

          "He lost a testicle." Wednesday said flatly , "We did the world a favor. People like Dalton shouldn’t procreate."

                 "Exactly. There are any enough neandtherals and hooligans in this world, we don't need more."  Mortez eyed the therapist seriously who just shook her head.

                   Not even five minutes and Mortez was already dreading this therapy session ; where were the electroschock equipment , stun guns and shock batons. Instead , Kinbott was trying to lure him and his sister into the typical pyschological trap of opening up. He knew better than trying to get his twin into opening up her emotions.

        "Do your plans involve becoming an author?" Kinbott stared at Wednesday who wanted yo sneer ,"I understand you’ve written three novels about a teen girl detective, Viper De La Muerte.
Can you tell me about her?"

             "Viper is smart, perceptive, chronically misunderstood." Mortez rose a brow , his sister's fictional character sounded oddly familiar.

           "Any luck getting your work published?"

              "Editors are short-sighted, fear-based life forms."

              Mortez just listened , Wednesday's author life was his sister's private  life , one he respected at all costs. Mortez knew her writing was something that defined Wednesday from the rest of  the family. It was the one thing he understood was what Wednesday would call her own thing.

              "One once described my writing as gratuitously morbid, and suggested I seek psychiatric help."

             There was some kind of smug smile on Kinbott's face that made Wednesday scowl.

          "Ironic, isn’t it?"

           Kinbott merely smiled , "How did you take that?"

               "I sent her a “thank you.”

             "You did?" Mortez looked at Wednesday who smiled at him in a way only he would understand.

        Wednesday then focused on the woman in front of her , "I've always being open to constructive criticism."

                    Mortez then noticed how unsettled his twin became after the therapist revealed she had been sent the manuscripts of Wednesday's novel. Mortez knew Wednesday definitely was going to hold a grudge against their parents for this. His sister then made an excuse to use the powder room.

               After a few moments of silence , he and kinbott shared a look . The woman got uo and opened the door and not that Mortez was surprised his sister already made an escape - the cheeky devil.

                    "Where did she go?" Kinbott looked at the boy who shrugged , "don't move from here." And like that she left the office.

                   "Too easy." Mortez said with a smile before making his own escape , he knew if he didn't move faster , he would lose Wednesday's track and his sister wouldn't hesitate to leave him behind.  He managed to pass Weems and Kinbott undetected , neither noticing his presence as he literally walked out the buliding.

                 Mortez saw his twin across the street and ran to her , but then Wednesday bumped into a man immediately being thrown into a vision , Mortez catching her on time.

              The farmer eyed the too warliy after studying their uniforms and immediately Wednesday came back to reality he sneered.

            "Who let you out. You goddamn weirdos." The man looked at Mortez  and Wednesday scornfully.

          Mortez stepped up in front of the farmer , punching him right in the face , breaking his nose. The impact caused the man to fall down. The people stared in shock and horror seeing the fifteen year old punch a grown ass man.

                 Wednesday grabbed Mortez leading him away from the crowd. The two entered some cafe called the Weathervane.

                  "If we ought to escape , we don't want attention getting back to Weems. Don't be impulsive." Wednesday lectured her brother who rolled his eyes.

                    "As if you didn't do the same by challenging Bianca."

Wednesday ignored him and removed a white handkerchief from her bag , "his blood is on your fist. Clean it , should law enforcement see that , I won't hesitate to throw you to them."

                   Mortez smiled accepting the handkerchief , "what did you see?"

                "That farmer gets into an accident. Breaks his neck , so punching him was for nothing. Atleast , I understand where he got the bloody nose from." There was a small smile on Wednesday's face before it wiped off quickly before her brother could notice.

                     "Atleast  breaking his nose was a step to making your vision cone true." Mortez could tolerate people giving him and Wednesday weird looks and calling them names.

                  But one thing he did not entertain was an adult calling a kid freak , especially if it was directed to his  younger siblings. Although he would prefer people to believe he broke noses for the sake of doing it , he had a leash , a restraint that was loose once  once his ire ignited.

                 The twins then heard an espresso machine whiring and hissing. From the cloud of steam escaping the machine , behind the counter they saw Tyler Galpin aka the Hyde trying to fix the broken contraption to no avail.

                  "Could such a potential monster look anymore normie?" Wednesday observed the tall curly boy. He was dressed in a brown polo shirt and red apron , he looked truly and pathetically normal for someone who contained a literal monster inside. Mortez eyed his sister , if Wednesday was a regular girl he could have sworn she was checking out Tyler but the thought was ludricous so he ignored it and said.

                 "Thinking , what am thinking." Mortez said mischeviously , unable to hide the smile creeping his face. Wednesday simply nodded .

                         The two then approached the counter as stealthily as possible . Immediately the steam cleared , Tyler was met with Mortez's creepy smile and Wednesday's death glare.

              "Holy crap!" The barista stumbled back in fright , his heart speeding up from the shock , Mortez knew he and Wednesday had caused him. Although Wednesday's face was completely blank , she was internally smirking.

              "Do you two  make a habit of scaring the hell out of people?"

          "It’s more of a hobby." Wednesday deadpanned maintaining eye contact with the boy who had a beast within him , not even blinking .

               "And habit." Mortez smiled , he and Wednesday did enjoy the late nights in which they could spook Pugsley  when he was a baby all the way to now. "For a Hyde you're incredibly jumpy." Mortez added.

                   Wednesday could barely decipher sociel cues and emotions , but Tyler seemed uncomfortable at the reminder of which species he hailed from .

                 The barista then took in their uniforms looking completely baffled
      "You two go to Nevermore? Did they change the uniform and I somehow missed the assembly."

                "Adminstration issues. We rather be caught dead then wear those ugly things." Mortez said seriously making Tyler blink

        "I need a quad over ice." Wednesday ordered the barista who just looked amused at her.

         "Can you hurry, we are in a hurry."

                Tyler gave them an incredulous look prompting Wednesday to talk more than she permitted herself to with strangers , "It’s four shots of espresso. How doesn't a barista know a simple coffee order."

               Tyler just laughed softly which surprised the twins , "Yeah, I… I know what a quad is, but, spoiler alert, the espresso machine’s having a seizure, "  he pointed to the said machine , "so all we have is drip."

                 "But drip is for people who hate themselves and know their lives have no real purpose or meaning." Wednesday could and never settle for drip as much  as she resented been in the tormenting cycle called life , a good quad was what enabled her to tolerate life and more particularly her family.
.             
                   All three of them saw a man pouring drip into a cup , obviously overhearing Wednesday's statement, the man placed the mug back onto the counter obviously feeling embrassed.

                 "Atleast , he knows his life has no meaning."  Mortez as usual , smiled.

     Wednesday got behind the counter , Mortez following , "What’s wrong with your machine?"

                Tyler simply blinked at the twins before finally responding , "Yeah..uh, It’s a temperamental beast with a mind of its own, and it doesn’t help that the instructions are in Italian."

                Wednesday grabbed the instruction manual from the barista ,"I need a tri-wing screwdriver and a four-millimeter Allen wrench."

          "Wait, you read Italian?"

       "Of course. It’s the native tongue of Machiavelli." Mortez replied as he watched his twin read , "you would think Nevermore teaches that."

          Wednesday tore her gaze off the manual , and begun working on the machine , "Here’s the deal. I’m going to fix your coffee machine, then you’re going to make my coffee and call a taxi." She literally ordered as Tyler handed her the tool.

            "Uh, no taxis in Jericho.Try Uber?"

         "We don't  phones . We refuse to be a enslaved to some sort of Witchery that traps the mind." Mortez internally cringed , back when he was younger , grandmama told him and Wednesday various stories of how modern technology and make the brain rot , not literally but still , it it was terrifyingly and he needed his brain.

                 Tyler simply whistled , "Then you’re out of luck.Where you two  going anyway?"

              "That’s on a need-to-know basis. What about trains?" Wednesday snapped , Tyler was a nevermore student , she couldn't risk him telling Weems who would tell her mother should she provide a location.

             "Nearest station is Burlington. It’s half an hour away."

               "You have a valve issue. I’ve seen it before.Tyler peered into the machine along with Mortez who wasn't surprised by his sister's understanding of mechanics.

                   "Where? You have one of these monsters at home?"

                    Mortez wasn't expecting Wednesday to reply but surorisingky she did , "Steam-powered guillotine. I built it when I was ten.I wanted to decapitate my dolls more efficiently."

           "Sure.Grim Reaper Barbie, makes perfect sense." Tyler had a teasing grin that Mortez wasn't accustomed to around Wednesday. The untriggered Hyde wasn't being malicious , in fact he was teasing her in a friendly way.

                    Even Wednesday had taken note of that and it made her want to throw something at his head.
.   
                  Tyler then looked back at the coffee machine that was working again , "Wow.Thanks.I never met a Nevermore kid who got their hands dirty."

            "I’m Tyler, by the way."

            "We know , Enid showed us her blog , as incoherent as it was ." Wednesday exclaimed and although Mortez was sure he was falling hard for the werewolf , it was difficult to exactly read what she posted.

                    Tyler simply laughed , "yeah , her blog  definitely needs an editor , or manager at most."

                   Wednesday's lips twitched, nearly forming a smile she immediately shut down. Her stupid frump genes were already working in Mortez , she didn't refused to indulge into physical attraction , even if it was with a potential blood thirsty monster. She didn't do attraction.

                  "I didn’t catch your names, or is that on a need-to-know basis too?" He looked at the twins who exchanged a glance , they weren't exactly very social with others but they wondered why Tyler was such a loner back in nevermore , because he was definitely an extrovert.

                      "Mortez. The older twin "

                  Wednesday however did not immediately respond observing the crinkled brow of confusion on Tyler's face upon hearing her twin's name. After a brief glance , she acknowledged him    "Wednesday."

                 "Like the day?" He asked confused to which she nodded , "you two definitely have funny names."

                 Again the way Tyler said it was in a teasing manner but more out of simply joking and not bullying nor condoscending like most teenage normies did whenever they made fun of the twins names. But yet again , Tyler wasn't a normie as much as he looked like one , he was an outcast , probably half atmost.

                         "Much more interesting than Tyler." Mortez said with a smile , maybe the Hyde boy wasn't as boring as he had assumed him to be .

                  Tyler smiled and laughed and held out his hands for the two to shake , "well it's nice meeting you two."

                  The twins immediately took Tyler's hands but as soon as they did z they were forced into a a vision at the same time.

                 Wednesday

     the goth saw the woods and the night sky. For the first time she saw herself in the vision . Her apparition looked  a little flithy . Her fringe messed up and uniform a little disorganized. Wednesday was hoping this was a vision from later day and not some time far ahead because why then wouldd her vision self m still wear the Nevermore uniform ,

                       Suddenly , Tyler approached her future self who was standing ground. Tyler tilted his head at her before slowly approaching.

                    "You never back down do you?" Vision-Wednesday just kept quiet glaring at Tyler , "you're like a cockroach."

                    "Please , flattery will get you nowhere." Vision-Wednesday stated. Although Wednesday knew future Tyler didn't mean it in that way , maybe he wasn't as nice as he was acting to be if this was what she was foreseeing.

                     Tyler then got closer and gripped onto her jacket , bringing Vision-Wednesday closer to him , obviously trying to intimidate her. To which Wednesday felt like rolling her eyes if she wasn't stuck in this vision .

                  She was glad , her vision self wasn't fazed by the act. In fact , it made her glare at Tyler harder , harder than Wednesday herself ever did you anyone , not even her parents irked her to that point. So what did this boy do?

                "This will not  end well for you." Her vision self said while directly gazing at Tyler. Wednesday was surprised , even though her Vision-Wednesday was perfectly pokerface , she could see the hint of concern she had for Tyler as she said those words.

                   That was so completely uncharacteristic of her? Why would she feel concern for him of all people?

                  A small genuine smile spread on Tyler's face as he held onto her - but it was a sad smile , "I know ." He simply whispered.

                     Wednesday watched as his eyes begin to grow huge and inproptional , his body size increasing as his clothes slowly shed all the while vision-Wednesday just stared up at him ss he transformed.

                      Wednesday was shocked , was Tyler going to murder in his Hyde form. Honestly that idea seemed much better than being killed off by a rock.

                         Mortez

         The older child of Morticia and Gomez did not understand what  he was seeing. The area seemed like some kind of event but he wasn't sure what.

            "Ladies and gentlemen please welcome our guest , the author of the great mystery/slasher , Twisted by  Wednesday Addams."

                  The people in the audience clapped and Mortez saw a woman dressed in black with a white shawl come up to the stage. He knew that woman - it was his twin  sister no doubt , still short as ever but her only Older , probably by ten to twelve years. Wednesday didn't wear pigtails anymore , but her fringe was there , her dark hair in a bob. His little sister would become the famous author she was trying to be. If he wasn't stuck in this plane , Mortez would be smiling right now to see Wednesday become accomplished one day.

                    But Wednesday wasn't alone , Tyler was with her  , he had a goatee that Mortez knew was definitely an injustice he had to prevent. But he wondered why the untriggered Hyde followed his sister on stage and sat next to her. And Mortez was further shocked when he saw Tyler take a seat right next to Wednesday and how she didn't even seem to mind.

                      "Ms Addams , it's such a pleasure to have you with us ." The host said .

                    "Unfortunately , the feeling isn't mutual Kirby ." Wednesday rolled her eyes clearly annoyed being there  , the man just looked offended while Tyler sliently chuckled.

                    "Why is it unfortunate?"
.  
                 "I don't think it would be politic of me to give you a response. Your show is mediocre and clearly a panel for unnecessary gossip. Honestly I would be here if it wasn't for my manager / editor." Wednesday glared at Tyler who just smiled at her.

                    Kirby just chuckled , "nice joke Ms Addams." Wednesday opened her mouth to say something but Tyler stopped her  , "how is it like to have your husband as your manager and editor?"

                   If Mortez wasn't in a vision , he would have fainted : his sister MARRIED!!!!! That too to Tyler? ???

                  "It's unbearable." Wednesday said flatly , " however it's convinent , Tyler is highly talented in social interactions that is necessary when meeting publishers , something I loathe and despise. Publishers have the tendency to be shameless and majority are nitwits. And as a editor , he is competent enough unlike my previous ridiculous one ."

                     "I love you too ," Tyler said making the audience gush. Mortez saw the faint smile on future Wednesday's lips and that's when he saw the matching sliver rings that were both on Tyler and Wednesday's fingers. And as he observed the future version of his sister , Mortez could swear Wednesday was pregnant by four months if he had to guess.

                    This shocked him , his visions were never that far into the future . Their predictions cane to pass  in a week or few days , hours mostly , but  this particular vision was not to come true in like ten to twelve years. Why was he having such a vision?

               "So the questions many fans are dying to ask ," Kirby the announcer contuined , "obviously you know how popular your book Twisted is. But what is it that inspired you to create it , especially the main protagonist , Marvis. An optimist , ever smiling yet  sassy young man with dark humor and sadistic  who dons the color grey and wears suits nearly all the time."

                      Did Wednesday make a fictional character based off him? Mortez didn't know whether to be fluttered or offended that his sister reduced him as a prop in one of her books.

                       "The whole theme of Twisted is about the human mind . The various sides of a human being and how far the human mindset can diminish ...it's something... my twin brother was deeply invested in."  Mortez saw the sombre expression on Wednesday's face as Tyler gently interlocked their fingers. A small tear made its way on Wednesday's face.

               Wednesday never shed a tear for him? It was so unlike her . He then Where was he  in the future?

                    "You two okay?" The twins groaned , both awakening to the sound of Tyler's voice , the untriggered Hyde looking at them with unconcern.

                     Mortez clutched the back of his head , "did I hit my head?"

                "Yeah , the both of you fainted at the same time and I could only grab one."

                          Mortez rose a brow , after what his vision showed him , obviously his future brother-in-law would save Wednesday first. He then realized he and Wednesday were in a booth. He could see the people eyeing him and his sister.

                      Mortez felt Wednesday's fingers grabbing his head combing his hair away probably trying to find a bump , "there is no bleeding. It could be internal though ."

                   "Now that would be fun." Mortez smiled. His sister may tend to act as if she were the superior twin but Wednesday did care for him too .

                   "You two are pyschics obviously. What did you see after shaking my hands?" Tyler inquired , this made them look at each other and then back at Tyler.

                       "Are you saying we both had the visions at the same time?" Mortez asked.

                     "Yeah , immediately you two grabbed them , you just disconnected and zoned out of reality."

                  The twins simply blinked , they had never had their visions triggered at the same time. This was definitely new.  Mortez subconsciously  reached for the pendant their mother gave them, his fingers grazing the M's on it.

                       Wednesday who was unusually quiet eyed Tyler suspciously ; what was it her vision was trying to tell her. That Tyler  Galpin was going to murder her ? That he would cause her death.

                   "C'mon on Mortez , we wasted enough time , let's go before Weeks has our heads."

                  But before Mortez could get up , Tyler spoke up , "Ugh....I was thinking ,to show my appreciation for fixing the expresso machine , how about I drive you both to Burlington?"

                Wednesday was about to open her mouth to say no when the door of the Weathervane opened and some Sheriff came up to Tyler .

                 "Tyler?"

                "Dad."

                 "Color me intrigued." Mortez said , he was surprised Tyler was the son of the Sheriff. The older Addams twin noticed how the sheriff was looking at him as if he were a familiar puzzle he was trying to figure out.

               "Tyler shouldn't you be working. Don't think Gloria will take it lightly if you're not working on the job."

                 Wednesday noticed how Tyler looked like he wanted to roll his eyes , "I was helping the costumers," he gestured to Mortez and Wednesday , "they were both  having a seizure - they're twins."

                      The sheriff inspected the twins' uniform obviously seeing how different it was from his son's purple dress code , "nevermore kids huh?"

                  As if to answer his question , Weems came in much to Wednesday's annoyance .

               "Mr Galpin ," she looked at Tyler with a smile and then Mortez noticed how she looked like she wanted to roll her eyes at the sheriff  not even bothering you greet the man , " that's enough hide and seek Mr and Mrs Addams. Follow me."

               The twins exchanged a look before getting up begrudgingly but the Sheriff spoke .

           "Addams?" He looked at the twins , more particularly at Mortez , "Don’t tell me Gomez Addams is your father?"

                    Wednesday nodded and even she noticed the disdain in the man's eyes that he clearly had for her father.

               "That man belongs behind bars for murder."

                     "Murder?" Wednesday scoffed , "are you sure you're accusing the right man?"

                      "Exactly. Our father is too docile to hurt a fly , let alone commit murder." Mortez placed his hands in his pants ,a cheeky smile on his lips  not batting any eye lash as the Sheriff studied his appearance obviously seeing the striking similarity between Mortez and Gomez.

             "Guessin’ the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree."

                        "Seriously Dad?! You can't just say that about my new classmates ." Tyler looked at his father in disbelief while Weems bit her tongue ,

               The sheriff however kept I’m gonna keep my eye on you two. Especially you ." He pointed at Mortez.

                   "With pleasure ."  Mortez said with his best threatening smile that even creeped the sheriff himself.

                    "We've have to warn you though ," Wednesday added with a mischevious glint in her dark eyes , "we aren't easy to keep up with. Just ask the former PIs who mysteriously vanished."

                    Weems just ushered the sibing duo out of the weathervane before they said anything more incriminating that made them go further on the Sheriff's radar.

             Tyler watched them go and he couldn't help wonder what it was the twins saw in their visions and was he part of it seeing he triggered the process for them. He had learnt alot at Nevermore to deduce that whatever they saw - he was in it.

          Okay , so Microeconomics quiz was just tricky and the fact we are all waiting for the results makes the suspense awful. Also this chapter become longer than I planned.

                  I plan to introduce OC characters in upcoming chapters too. Still debating if Ajax or OC should be Mortez's best friend. Because I thought seeing Wednesday has Enid , Mortez will need one too. 

                Had fun writing the twins visions especially for Mortez. He got to see a glimpse of Wednesday's life in the future. Like I said earlier , Mortez's visions are either positive or dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 335 19
During her sophomore year, Wednesday Addams encountered some strange and supernatural events, but now she's back in Nevermore to solve the mystery of...
495K 12.7K 42
What if Hecate Addams, a girl that was twinned with Wednesday at birth but was seemingly the total opposite of the dark, gothic girl, got forced into...
33.3K 783 28
Wednesday was just getting used to Nevermore. She had actually made a few friends and had her first kiss, though Tyler turned out to be the Hyde. So...
91.5K 1.9K 13
"What's your favourite colour Isabella Addams? And don't give me some bullshit by saying black." "My favourite colour isn't Black, crusty the clown...