Becoming The Best, One Block...

By Scarlemange

Absolute hell, that's not how most people describe Minecraft, but Izuku Midoriya was not most people. In a wo... More

Well That Could Have Gone Better
Whoever Said Money Doesnt't Help is a Liar
Getting Doxxed
Killing Ruins Your Social Life, But Homeschooling Makes A Streamer
Life Is...Ugh

Survive

419 27 39
By Scarlemange

Gonna be a bit of a shorter chapter. Only around 2300 words. But trust me we are only getting started.

Izuku walked out of the portal and was hit with a breeze of fresh air. Izuku took a deep breath and looked around. He was on a large with mostly oak trees covering the land as far as his eyes could see, only a few birch trees sprinkled across the land.

To his back, there was the ocean, and in front of him was a mountain. Everything had a blocky shape to it, even though the edges were round and not sharp. It was a bit disorienting, but Izuku didn't think it looked unnatural per se. It was just...different.

''I can go to the beach or I can go to the mountain,'' Izuku said to himself. In the end, he couldn't decide; deciding to lie on the grass Izuku noticed things he hadn't noticed before.

At the bottom of his field of vision was the hot bar, health bar, food bar, and exp bar just like in Minecraft. He sat up and wanted to see what would happen if he tried to touch them. Nothing happened when he touched the health, food, and exp bar. However, when he touched his hot bar, his hand was engulfed by the inventory.

Izuku started to freak out and retracted his hand. Luckily it was in one piece. He sighed in relief and pressed the three little dots on the end of the hot bar.

''I play on PC. Weird I have the mobile dots? I mean I guess it makes sense. I don't exactly have an E-key.''

Izuku also noticed that he had a book attached to a belt on his hip.

''What's this? Don't remember Steve having a book.''

Izuku grabbed it and flipped through a few pages, but it was empty.

''Did my quirk glitch or something?''

Izuku sighed and got up. ''Let's go to the beach. Don't think Minecraft has waves so I should be good.'' Izuku started walking to the beach and spent hours running in the sand, building sandcastles, playing in the water, and enjoying the warmth of the sun. At one point he returned to the forest and started playing in the trees.

Eventually, it turned nighttime.

''Oh, some mobs should be spawning right now. I should leave.'' Izuku looked at his Hotbar and around his vision; he tried to see where the save and exit option was. ''Hey, how do I get out of here?'' Quickly he tried to exit and give voice commands. He tried everything he could think of.

But it was for nothing because mobs spawned. From below Izuku a decaying and dark green, almost black, a hand shot out from the ground right next to his foot.

Then another. Then from the ground burst a tall, but more importantly dead, human body. Its skin was the same green as its arms, pieces of flesh were gone and exposed its flesh and bones, and its eyes were lifeless, devoid of any thought or emotion.

At that moment Izuku thought back to one of the occasions he streamed Minecraft.

There has been a divide in the chat about whether or not Minecraft would be scary in real life. Izuku thought it would have been somewhere in the middle, but a chat member brought up a good point.

Izuku thought it over. ''Yeah. I guess Minecraft would be pretty scary in real life.''

Izuku stumbled backward.

''You're alone.''

Izuku fell on his ass and looked up at the towering figure.

''There are monsters everywhere.''

Izuku got up and started running, noticing dozens of zombies emerging from the ground as well as skeletons.

''And they're all hunting you.''

An arrow whizzed past Izuku's head and impaled itself in a tree. Izuku looked around and saw multiple human skeletons, clean of any flesh and organs, with bows in their hands. Zombies started to surround him and giant spiders walked forward. Suddenly they all had arrows in their bows and they aimed and shot, turning Izuku into a human pin cushion.

''Worst part is,''

Izuku found himself back on top of the tree his character spawned in the world with his clothes torn through.

''You can't die.''

The pain from all the arrows registered in Izuku's healed body. He screamed in both pain and terror.

''It would suck soooo bad.''

The pain calmed down but Izuku could see that below him were dozens of mobs. Skeletons were shooting at him and spiders were climbing the trees.

Izuku's breathing got faster as his sight started to gain dark spots.

Then he was shot in the right lung. He looked down to see a blood-soaked arrow poking out of him and fresh blood dripping down his chest. He screamed in pain once again and from the corner of his eye, he saw his health bar drop.

It only dropped half a heart.

But then another arrow pierced his arm and dropped him down another heart.

Izuku walked forward in shock and fell off the tree on his back. He lost another 2 hearts. Izuku stifled a scream as next to him he saw a Creeper. It was a sickly green color, and in contrast to its in-game model, its body was crooked. Its four-hooved legs had sharp and long claws. Its eye sockets were sunken in and dark to the point Izuku was unsure if there were eyes in there. It opened its mouth, showing its razor-sharp teeth, and released a loud hissing sound

Izuku tried to get up to run away but he slipped and then...boom.

Izuku was blown apart.

He respawned back at the tree. Izuku gasped for air and soon yelled in pain and looked down at his body only to see his shirt was gone. He could care less about that though. He could see faint scars from the arrows that had pierced him as well as slight burn scars over his chest.

His breathing sped up as he started to run away. Monsters were following him all throughout the night. Izuku had lost track of how many times he died 5 hours in.

However, when he saw the slightest glimmer of sunlight he yelled in relief.

That was short-lived as in his relief he stopped running and a Creeper caught up to him and exploded.

He respawned back at the tree. He winced in pain as the branches poked his bare skin. He got up and hardened his determination to get to sunrise without dying. It was so close. He got up and started running.

When it was finally sunrise and Izuku could see the Zombies and Skeletons ignited and burning to ashes as Spiders and Creepers returned to the darkest parts of the forest.

Izuku collapsed on the floor and for the first time in over eight hours let his guard down. Then he started crying. He cried and cried harder and longer than he ever had before.

Like the lost child he was he started calling out for someone to save him. ''AUNTYYYYY! RUMIIIIIII! IZUMIII! HELP MEEE! PLEASEEE! I'M SORRY!'' After an hour of this Izuku stopped. No one came to his rescue. He didn't know what to do.

Well, that was a lie.

Izuku sniffled and rubbed away his tears. He gained a determined face and walked in front of a tree. He got into the stance Nemuri had shown him a few years ago.

He was standing with his feet shoulder-width apart and his right foot slightly behind his left foot. He made a tight fist and looked at the tree. He took a deep breath and punched, twisting his body to add extra force.

Izuku then threw another and another. Within a few seconds of punching the tree broke. A square meter block worth of wood collapsed in on itself and created a mini version of a wood block. The rest of the tree, however, stayed in the tree, seemingly defying gravity. Izuku punched a few more blocks of wood down

Izuku grabbed the tiny blocks and they floated into his inventory.

''How do I craft?"

There wasn't an option in his inventory, but then he remembered he still had that book attached to his hip. He opened to the first page and saw the basic crafting page, he flipped a few pages and saw the faint images of items that needed wood.

Izuku selected the block from his inventory and the tiny block was floating in his palm. He placed it in the crafting space and created four planks. He placed the four planks in a square formation and created a crafting table.

The crafting table appeared in his hotbar.

Throwing it down Izuku created sticks using it.

''I really hope this works,'' Izuku said as he placed one stick and two planks in vertical order. Nothing happened. ''How does this work?'' Izuku reopened what he had realized was the recipe book and looked to see if there was a dark image of a sword on one of the pages.

As he predicted it was on the page behind the basic crafting page. Izuku pressed on the page and suddenly the crafting table glowed and the items started vibrating and moving toward each other.

When the glow died down Izuku saw a wooden sword.

He picked it up and inspected it. He traced his finger along the surprisingly sharp edge. It was the perfect size for him. Izuku threw it into his inventory and replicated the process for a pickaxe, shovel, and axe. He threw the pickaxe into the hotbar and the axe followed after he used it to destroy the crafting table.

Izuku kept the shovel in his hand and started to dig down. After he cleared the dirt he shoved the shovel into his inventory and brought out the pickaxe. He looked below him and his eyes were met with stone. He took a deep breath and using his repressed anger, started mining.

*********************

It had been a week since Izuku entered the world of Minecraft, but it didn't get easier. He upgraded his tools to stone versions and created a furnace. However, he didn't find a single vein of iron or even coal. And there wasn't a single animal in sight.

And nights...Nights were still terrifying. Izuku dreaded when he saw the sunset. After the first night, he tried making a hole in the dirt and blocking it off, but he learned something new. Being in a three-by-six-foot hole in the ground for hours on end with no light and the sound of monsters above him only made his anxiety worse. And gave him claustrophobia.

Making the hole bigger didn't help at all.

And building a house above ground? And do what? Sleep? He didn't have a bed.

The worst part is Izuku learned that in this world he needs food, a lot of it, and he couldn't find a single apple or animal. So he kept dying of starvation. No matter how far he was able to travel he wasn't able to find a single speck of food.

He couldn't even fall asleep. His body kept him awake even when he was tired.

For the past week, his existence consisted of suffering. He died hundreds of times and came back to life each time. He was getting sick and tired of being alive.

********************************

Izuku, after two weeks, found an animal. He smiled and pulled out his sword from his inventory. His eyes settled on the cow like he was a crazed predator. He walked to it slowly and pulled his sword into the air and slashed.

The cow whined in pain and tried to run away. Izuku only chased it and kept on slashing. His technique was far from efficient or good, but it was enough. Within three slashes the cow died. its body disappeared in a smoke and it dropped three pieces of beef and two pieces of leather onto the ground.

''Lucky. I got max drops,'' Izuku whispered.

As Izuku stored the items he thought he would have felt guilty for killing the cow. He thought he would have felt something, but he just felt empty. He guessed it was because he had already taken a human life.

''It's survival of the fittest. I just want to stop dying.''

Izuku looked at the blood-stained stone sword. He tapped the fresh blood with his index finger. He rubbed it with his thumb and just sat there thinking. There were now two lives on his hands.

He didn't really know how to process that so he just buried that thought deep inside and put the meat into the furnace.

He pulled out the cooked meat and ate them like a wild animal.

He sighed in relief as he felt food hit his stomach for the first time since he entered this world. It was so bland yet so good at the same time.

He had two pieces of meat left so he decided that it was time to leave spawn and venture out into the world. His spawn point was empty of any resources that could help him survive.

*****************************

3 months.

That's how long it's been since Izuku entered Minecraft. He had been alone. He hadn't seen anything vaguely human other than Zombies and Skeletons. But he was adapting. He found iron and decided he preferred to have armor. It was heavy, very heavy but it didn't seem to affect how fast he moved.

He also found food and more specifically sheep. Enough for a bed. He could remember when he crafted a bed. He jumped with joy and tried to lay on it. There seemed to be a blockade but that didn't matter to him. He could finally sleep.

When it was nighttime he tried to sleep, but there was a message. It wasn't text but a mechanical voice.

''You may not rest, there are monsters nearby.''

Izuku sat up and in front of him stood an Enderman. In a distorted voice, he could clearly make, ''Hello.''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 163 93
I do not own My Hero Academia, credit for the anime goes to Kohei Horikoshi. I only own this fanfic. Kageyama Kazuma, a 16 year old boy living in the...
9.3K 232 15
Deep down, Toshinori had seen Midoriya as more than just his student or his successor for One for All. To him, he had seen him like the son he never...
853K 34.8K 130
Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his father. It was due to this interest in Quirk...
66.7K 1.4K 22
Izuku Yagi now better known as Izuku Midoriya is the CEO of Midoriya Industrie's. His step father hated him and as he was diagnosed quirkless things...