Cannon fodder Gong Just Wants...

By alrightnevermind

When Shen Chenyu transmigrated, the original body had already been ruined by the protagonist, and married a b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123

Chapter 107

2K 99 13
By alrightnevermind

 The next day, Shen Chenyu and Mu Linting went to visit the old lady and talked to each other about movable type printing. Now woodblock printing has appeared, but it is not far from movable type printing. What Shen Chenyu and Mu Linting did was to advance movable type printing a little bit.

  The two formally handed over invitations, and then came to the door with a bottle of spirit wine and two bottles of Erguotou. As soon as the old matriarch heard they were coming, he rushed out to greet them himself. Shen Chenyu was a little flattered when she saw this, but before he could speak to the old matriarch, the old man snatched the wine from his hand.

  Shen Chenyu's expression froze for a moment, and then she looked at Mu Linting helplessly, thinking that the old master really only recognizes wine but not people.

  Although the spirit wine tasted good, the Erguotou that Shen Chenyu brought was also good wine. However, Erguotou is not suitable for drinking too much, so even if Shen Chenyu can buy a lot, she dare not bring too much to the elderly.

  After the old lady tasted a glass of wine, the two of them talked about their visit this time. Hearing this, the originally lazy old man couldn't help but his eyes lit up.

  The reason why books are so expensive now is not only that the paper is more expensive, but also because woodblock printing is time-consuming and labor-intensive. Because woodblock printing cannot be popularized, most books are still copied by hand, so the cost of books will remain high.

  If there is movable type printing, although a complete set of printing fonts is a huge project, it can achieve a once-and-for-all effect. Because a lot of manpower and time are saved, the price of books will naturally drop, and this will be a great thing for the benefit of the people all over the world.

  Of course, if Shen Chenyu can give a new papermaking technique, then the price of subsequent books will be lower.

  However, Shen Chenyu doesn't intend to take it all out, everything must have a gradual process. What's more, these are his hole cards, only he has endless hole cards, no matter whether it is the emperor or the other princes, they dare not be willing to make a move against Shen Chenyu and the others.

  Shen Chenyu intends to use these hole cards to climb up steadily bit by bit. When he stands in a position where he can control the court, no one in this world can threaten him.

  Mu Linting didn't have to worry about the fact that one day the master would be timid because of his great achievements. Because as long as a person is so strong that no one can shake him, many troublesome things can be easily solved.

  Because movable type printing involves too much, even though Shen Chenyu is cooperating with the old lady on the surface, but in the end there is no way to hide it from the current emperor. But Shen Chenyu didn't want to hide it from him, after all, he still wanted to use this in exchange for higher power.

  Shen Chenyu is not a character who only does good deeds without leaving a name. He took out movable type printing to earn a good reputation and become a role model in the eyes of poor children all over the world.

  Sometimes a good reputation is far more reliable than holding great power. Although Shen Chenyu is using movable type printing as a bargaining chip, she plans to continue to climb up bit by bit.

  But if he can gain a good reputation while climbing up, it will be of no harm to him and Mu Linting.

  Because there is a saying, "Water can carry a boat, but it can also overturn it." The people in this world are water. If Shen Chenyu's reputation is good enough, even if any prince in the royal family wants to touch him, the other party will have to weigh a little bit for his future.

  This is a kind of spiritual power. Although it is not as important as real power, it is also very important for official career.

  After the movable type printing was arranged properly, Shen Chenyu took three months' leave in one go, and took Mu Linting to go back to his hometown.

  In the past, Xinke Jinshi had a three-month leave, but Shen Chenyu didn't go back at that time, so this time it was taken as the leave before.

  This time they were mainly to pick up people, secondly to return to Xiling Village to worship their ancestors, and finally to arrange matters in the Shen family.

  Originally, because of the long distance, Shen Chenyu didn't plan to take her youngest son with her. But the little guy was too young, and Mu Linting was a little worried, so after some discussion, he decided to take the child with him.

  Since she was going back to her hometown to worship her ancestors, Shen Chenyu had to create a genealogy for her child and let the family members meet her youngest son. After all, it is also a member of the Shen family, so there is no such thing as seeing a member of the family.

  The way back is still by water, because water is closer than land. In addition, when they went back, they went smoothly, faster than when they came.

  They arrived at Liangzhou Mansion within half a month, and the members of the Shen family, who had received the news a long time ago, had been waiting in Liangzhou Mansion several days in advance.

  When Shen Chenyu was the number one scholar in high school, the Shen family had been looking forward to Shen Chenyu's return, and they all set up a monument for Shen Chenyu.

  It's a pity that Shen Chenyu was busy at that time, and later went to Jinnan with the eleventh prince, so the delay was more than a year.

  Now that they have finally come back, the members of the Shen family are very excited, and they can't wait to run over to pick them up. But now there are many things in the clan, and they have opened three workshops in a row, there is no way for everyone to come here.

  In the end, the uncle of the Shen family had to choose the Liangzhou mansion where a few younger generations came. They came several days early and stayed in the inn in Liangzhou Prefecture. For the past few days, he has been squatting at the pier outside Liangzhou Mansion, and will ask whenever he sees a passenger ship coming from the direction of the capital.

  It was not easy for Shen Chenyu and the others to wait, because Shen Chenyu and the others looked so eye-catching, they saw them before the Shen family asked.

  Both Shen Chenyu and Mu Linting were dressed in casual clothes, obviously they didn't want others to know their identities. After all, one of them is the Shaoqing of the fourth rank, and the other is the now well-known War God General. If they know that they have come to Liangzhou Mansion, it will definitely cause commotion.

  However, even though they were so low-key, many people came when they disembarked, even the prefect of Liangzhou Prefecture came in person.

  When the other party saw Shen Chenyu, he was very glad that he didn't offend Shen Chenyu at the beginning, otherwise it would be embarrassing to meet again now.

  Because as the magistrate, he was from the fourth rank, and Shen Chenyu's current official position is one level higher than him. In addition, the other party is a celebrity in front of the Eighth Prince, and there is also a husband from a second-rank general, Shen Chenyu is not something that he, a prefect, can offend.

  Although Shen Chenyu and Mu Linting were very low-key, they still attracted the attention of the people of Liangzhou Prefecture because the magistrate went to greet them in person.

  At first they didn't know who it was, but when they heard that it was the No. 1 scholar from Liangzhou Prefecture, a group of people immediately knew who it was.

  Because when Shen Chenyu was the number one scholar, there were government servants who went to the government to report their happiness. Everyone who heard the news was very surprised. After all, although Shen Chenyu was excellent at that time, his knowledge had not yet reached the level of the number one scholar.

  It was only after Zhang Chui and others came back and told the gentlemen and classmates that they knew that Shen Chenyu had good luck, and she was actually taught by the old lady.

  If it was the old lady who taught him personally, and Shen Chenyu herself is more diligent and hardworking, it is not surprising that he can be the top student in high school.

  Shen Chenyu and others returned to their home in Liangzhou Mansion, and then went to meet several mentors with gifts. After hearing the news, many students from Shen Chenyu's residence sent invitations to meet each other, but it was a pity that Shen Chenyu still had a lot of work to do, so she only had a day off in Liangzhou residence and then left.

  Shen Chenyu asked Aunt Xue Lian to take the child to Xiling Village first, and he and Mu Linting had to pick up Shen Liushi and Xiaoroubao, so they couldn't go back with everyone immediately. In addition, that place is relatively remote and complicated, and Shen Chenyu doesn't intend to let other people travel with her.

  When separated from the Shen family members, Shen Chenyu took Mu Linting alone, and the rest followed to Xiling Village. The two of them went into battle lightly, and they went round and round, inquiring and searching, and finally found a small village after five days.

  That small village is really small, and it is hidden in a hidden ravine. The two gave up riding their horses far away, and walked forward through thorns and thorns along the way, and then entered the village along a hidden cave.

  Suddenly seeing outsiders entering the village, the children in the village were startled. Later, I heard that they were here to search for people, and the children enthusiastically led them the way.

  Mu Linting looked at the poor village in front of him, and couldn't help feeling sorry for Shen Liushi and Xiaoroubao. If his identity wasn't too sensitive, Shen Liushi and Xiao Roubao wouldn't have to suffer like this.

  Just when Mu Linting blamed himself, the child ran to a thatched cottage and shouted, "Shen Weiqing! Shen Weiqing! Your father is here to look for you."

  It was not Shen Weiqing who ran out first, but the little old man who lived next to the thatched cottage. The other party came out with a surprised face, and when he saw Mu Linting, he was about to kneel down to him with excitement, but was stopped by Mu Linting hastily.

  The little old man also knew that there were too many people here, and it was inconvenient to reveal his general's identity, so he said excitedly: "Master, my subordinates have fulfilled their mission. The old lady and the young master have been very good in the past two years."

  Saying so, the little old man led the two of them to the thatched cottage. Before they entered the small courtyard, they heard a soft voice.

  "Dahu, what did you just say? My dad is here?"

  Following this soft and waxy voice, a very handsome boy ran out of the house at a trot. Although the other party was wearing very simple old clothes, his body was tidied up very cleanly.

  His eyes are like Mu Linting, but as he gets older, his facial features are more like Shen Chenyu. Especially those bright red lips, which look like pink peach petals blooming in early spring.

  The other party was Shen Chenyu at first sight, but because Shen Chenyu didn't spend much time with him in the early years, the little brother was a little afraid to recognize him.

  But when he saw Mu Linting next to Shen Chenyu, the little brother wrinkled his delicate face, and threw himself into Mu Linting's arms with a wow.

  No matter how well-behaved and sensible children are, they will inevitably feel wronged at this time. He was supposed to be acting like a baby in his father's arms, but he had to be separated from his family for some reason.

  Especially for young children, he doesn't understand many things. Seeing that other people are accompanied by their parents, he can't help but think too much.

  Even though he was accompanied by a gentle grandma and a little old man who could teach him martial arts, Shen Weiqing still felt wronged.

  He would think... that his father and dad didn't like him anymore, he would think that they didn't want him anymore.

  Mu Linting already loved him very much, but now he was holding the child and felt even more guilty. He carefully hugged Shen Weiqing and coaxed him for a long time, but Shen Chenyu diverted his attention with a gift, so Shen Weiqing did not continue to indulge in sadness.

  Shen Chenyu prepared a lot of gifts for him, most of which are things that the little brother likes more. But thinking that the other party is a bit like Mu Linting, he is always very interested in wielding knives and playing with wooden warehouses, so he specially prepared a delicate machete.

  Although Shen Weiqing thought the jewelry was very beautiful, he still liked the machete the most among so many gifts.

  When Mu Linting taught him how to use the scimitar, Shen Liu was also called back by the kind villagers. To be honest, when she heard that someone was looking for her, she was still in a dazed state of being at a loss.

  When she really saw Shen Chenyu and Mu Linting, Shen Liushi came back to her senses and began to cry. Shen Chenyu was worried that when Shen Weiqing saw her crying, Shen Weiqing would be infected and cry again, so Shen Chenyu had no choice but to quickly divert Shen Liushi's attention.

  Shen Chenyu said: "Mother, my son has lived up to your expectations, and now he has been admitted to the first prize. This time, he came here to pick you and Xiaoroubao back."

  Shen Liu, who was still crying, immediately forgot her previous feelings and sadness when she heard that Shen Chenyu had won the first prize.

  This is a very happy event, their Shen family is promising, and they have a number one scholar?

  Although Shen Chenyu was very promising before, she didn't expect the other party to be the number one scholar in high school, she just wanted to be a candidate or Jinshi.

  Because only when the other party became a Juren or Jinshi, their family would no longer have to be afraid of the Shen family in Qingcheng County, and her son would no longer have to be tortured by that family.

  But now that he heard that he won the first prize, Shen Liushi was very excited and felt unreal, and always felt that everything in front of him was like a dream.

  Because this village took care of Shen Liu and the others a lot, Shen Chenyu sent food and money from door to door. The food and silver are not a lot, but they are enough for the people in the village to live a good life.

  After that, Shen Chenyu and the others packed up and left the village early the next morning. They didn't bring anything with them when they came, and they divided up all the things at home when they left.

  Just as they were about to leave the village, a skinny boy suddenly chased after them. Shen Weiqing, who was indulging in the joy of a family reunion, showed a trace of reluctance and panic when seeing the other party.

  Seeing Shen Weiqing like this, Shen Chenyu immediately looked at the boy with an unfriendly expression. Could it be that his little brother was being targeted by this kind of ignorant kid at such a young age?

  Compared with Shen Chenyu, who was overthinking, Mu Linting's idea was relatively simpler. He reached out and touched Shen Weiqing's small head, and said to Shen Weiqing in a gentle voice: "Is your little friend? Do you want to say goodbye to him?"

  Hearing this, Shen Weiqing stared at the little boy for a long time, looked at Mu Linting a little uneasy, and said, "Daddy, I... Is our family very rich now?"

  When Mu Linting heard this, he didn't understand what he meant, so he nodded to him very patiently, and then waited for the child's next words.

  Shen Weiqing saw that Mu Linting was not angry, and Shen Chenyu on the side also looked good-tempered, so she mustered up the courage and whispered: "I made an agreement with him before, if my father comes to pick me up, when the time comes I will Just take him with you."

  Shen Chenyu almost exploded when he heard this, but it was Mu Linting who quickly grabbed him, and Shen Chenyu calmed down a little.

  Mu Linting looked at him with downcast eyes, and said in a tone of joy and anger, "Why do you want to take him with you? Can his parents agree?"

  Shen Weiqing seemed to think of something, and said with determination: "He has no parents or relatives. He was raised by wolves in the mountains. Not only can he not speak, but he is also a person with a lot of food. Everyone in our village is very Poor, if I leave, everyone will definitely not be able to take good care of him. He helped me a lot before, so I promised him to take him away with me in the future. "

  Although the other party can't speak, he is not a fool. When Shen Chenyu and the others came to the village yesterday, the other party probably knew they were leaving, so the other party had been waiting on this road early in the morning.

  Upon hearing that the other party was raised by wolves, Mu Linting subconsciously frowned. Probably guessing what he was worried about, Shen Liushi, who had been silent all this time, spoke.

  "This kid can't speak, but his mind is the same as that of a normal person. I have met him a few times before, and he is a very good boy."

  Since Mrs. Shen and Liu have said so, it means that the child is really fine. Anyway, with so many servants in the family, I am not afraid of not being able to support a child.

  Mu Linting nodded when he heard the words, and then waved to the little boy. "Since you want to follow us, come here."

  Shen Weiqing didn't expect things to be so easy, until the little boy walked in front of him, he just came back to his senses and jumped on the spot.

  Great, great, not only to be reunited with father and father, but also to leave with the little friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 58 9
"𝗕𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲, 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻𝘀." Throughout her entire life, Iwakura Chihaya remained by Itadori Yuji's side. Despite...
74.7K 1.7K 56
我就想离个婚[重生] status: 56 chapters ( complete ) author: Lian Shuo Before he was reborn, Ye Fei was conscientious and diligent, with only work in his eye...
40.4K 1K 19
Avatar Gyawa has won the war, but her adventure is just beginning! Gyawa must deal with the new conflicts rising in the world. But the worst of all a...
31.8K 891 11
Shadow Rose Book #2: After what has happened, Seth is believed to be fine but Allison's life still hangs on a thread. The question remains: would she...